PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood's future post-transfer window

Bob Box Fish
27-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Once the transfer window closes and CC has brought in X amount of new players- if the current form continues and we go rock bottom do you think Petrie will keep CC in charge?

I was all for giving the man a fair go with his own players but if we are still losing every week and rock bottom I would try and get someone else in to have a last gasp attempt at keeping us up. It would look bad bringing in another manager but if we cant stay in the top flight in one of the worst premier leagues in Europe then . . . .

I personally cant see him turning it around (but hope he does), his body language from the Ayr game onwards looks like he dosent have a clue what to do. He makes too many odd changes and judging by other threads we may lose potentially our three most talented players by the time the window closes.

What do others think?

just_joe
27-01-2011, 03:52 PM
As I said in the other post mate I don't think CC wants anything to do with Hibs anymore and is looking for the sack......eventually it will happen.

ancienthibby
27-01-2011, 03:55 PM
As I said in the other post mate I don't think CC wants anything to do with Hibs anymore and is looking for the sack......eventually it will happen.

So why does he not just resign??

The signings he has already made and the couple still pending, suggest he still has got the confidence of the Board!

H18sry
27-01-2011, 03:56 PM

What makes you think that?

just_joe
27-01-2011, 03:57 PM
So why does he not just resign??

The signings he has already made and the couple still pending, suggest he still has got the confidence of the Board!

No pay off when you resign.

ancienthibby
27-01-2011, 03:58 PM

No pay-off either when you are fired for incompetence!!:agree:

So what's your point??

smurf
27-01-2011, 04:04 PM

I'm not known to be pro-board. (but i reject the anti charge FWIW)

However, it would be utter and unbelievable incompetence if RP and the board with their daily dealings with CC hadn't detected that he didn't want to be with the club.

In our current situation they would have to deal with such a scenario.

IMHO it's nonsense.

greenlex
27-01-2011, 04:04 PM
There would need to be signs of improvement to save him. We might still go diwn but if we go down fighting he will still be here. If his signings look the business he will survive. If they bomb he will be sacked.

StevieC
27-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Once the transfer window closes and CC has brought in X amount of new players- if the current form continues and we go rock bottom do you think Petrie will keep CC in charge?

Yes.
Unless there is major unrest at East Mains, and I don't get the impression that that is the case.

PeeJay
27-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Could it be that players signing for us have an option in their contracts saying "If we go down I can leave"?:confused:

Greenheart
27-01-2011, 05:45 PM

I was all for giving the man a fair go with his own players but if we are still losing every week and rock bottom I would try and get someone else in to have a last gasp attempt at keeping us up. It would look bad bringing in another manager but if we cant stay in the top flight in one of the worst premier leagues in Europe then . . . .

I personally cant see him turning it around (but hope he does), his body language from the Ayr game onwards looks like he dosent have a clue what to do. He makes too many odd changes and judging by other threads we may lose potentially our three most talented players by the time the window closes.

What do others think?

The same as you. Said that in a post a couple of weeks ago. Was never convinced he was right for Hibs. I hear from a couple of guys I know in the game that he has a good reputaion as a 1st team coach but unfortunately ain't getting one as a manager.

Kaiser1962
27-01-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm not known to be pro-board. (but i reject the anti charge FWIW)

However, it would be utter and unbelievable incompetence if RP and the board with their daily dealings with CC hadn't detected that he didn't want to be with the club.

In our current situation they would have to deal with such a scenario.

IMHO it's nonsense.

You dont say! :greengrin

FWIW I totally agree with you on this one.

CC has the demeanour of a man who knows that, whatever happens, he is here for the long haul and is preparing for that. IMHO of course.

HibsMax
27-01-2011, 07:44 PM

And you honestly think that if an employee goes out of their way to get sacked there will be a pay-off? Seriously?

Sammy7nil
27-01-2011, 08:28 PM
And you honestly think that if an employee goes out of their way to get sacked there will be a pay-off? Seriously?

In football you could not prove the ""deliberate"" and yes I do think he would still get a pay off.

P.S. I dont think for a sec he is trying to be sacked bu t I do think he may acheive it.