PDA

View Full Version : U-Turn

BSEJVT
27-01-2011, 03:29 PM
I have given CC untold stick for his constant chopping and changing of the team.

I am beginning to come round to the idea that he may be right.

It cant be any accident that Towell and Booth who have come in from outwith the mess that we have been for a year are the only 2 guys that look as though they have any confidence?

We have much better players than they are currently showing on the park.

I now dont see many signs they are lacking in effort, what I do see is they are chronically bereft of confidence.

Maybe he has rolled all the dice available, sheltered then and tried to build them up away from the spotlight of the first team in the hope of them getting it back,, before returning them to the team, but he is out of options and fast running out of time.

The message board is up in arms over the potential departures of Riordan and Zemmama, who in better times are probably the only 2 guys with enough skill at ER to merit paying to see.

They arent doing it just now and IMO wont anytime soon, in common with the rest of the squad it will take a long time to rebuild their confidence.

Thankfully most will need to have it rebuilt away from ER.

I am increasingly coming round to the view that our only chance of avoiding the drop is to bring in as many new faces as possible from whatever place they are currently playing, regardless of their age or experience.

Maybe they will have the confidence to try something the current team just dont have.

If the departure of Riordan and Zemmama enable that process count me in.

Its survival at any cost this year.

Jim44
27-01-2011, 03:34 PM
I have given CC untold stick for his constant chopping and changing of the team.

I am beginning to come round to the idea that he may be right.

It cant be any accident that Towell and Booth who have come in from outwith the mess that we have been for a year are the only 2 guys that look as though they have any confidence?

We have much better players than they are currently showing on the park.

I now dont see many signs they are lacking in effort, what I do see is they are chronically bereft of confidence.

Maybe he has rolled all the dice available, sheltered then and tried to build them up away from the spotlight of the first team in the hope of them getting it back,, before returning them to the team, but he is out of options and fast running out of time.

The message board is up in arms over the potential departures of Riordan and Zemmama, who in better times are probably the only 2 guys with enough skill at ER to merit paying to see.

They arent doing it just now and IMO wont anytime soon, in common with the rest of the squad it will take a long time to rebuild their confidence.

Thankfully most will need to have it rebuilt away from ER.

I am increasingly coming round to the view that our only chance of avoiding the drop is to bring in as many new faces as possible from whatever place they are currently playing, regardless of their age or experience.Maybe they will have the confidence to try something the current team just dont have.

If the departure of Riordan and Zemmama enable that process count me in.

Its survival at any cost this year.

But that's not going to happen. Calderwood has already said that one more signing 'might' be possible and another has a very outside chance of happening. It's hardly freshening up the squad.

just_joe
27-01-2011, 03:38 PM
The way everything is going it looks to me like Calderwood is wanting the sack. Just my opinion.

BSEJVT
27-01-2011, 03:40 PM
But that's not going to happen. Calderwood has already said that one more signing 'might' be possible and another has a very outside chance of happening. It's hardly freshening up the squad.

Very possibly true

Maybe thats as the cards are stacked now

Maybe if either Zouma or Derek or others go other opportunities will open up.

Time will tell

IMO the more we get in the better our chances are

Cropley10
27-01-2011, 03:42 PM
The way everything is going it looks to me like Calderwood is wanting the sack. Just my opinion.

A few people saying this now, why would he want the sack?

just_joe
27-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Cause the squad he has are pish , The majority of the fans seemed to have turned against him .....hes making so many baffling decisions as games go by. the man shows no emotion whatsoever. Pay off when sacked. Simple. You can say what you want about Petrie being tight but if things continue as they are then eventually Petrie HAS to sack him. Again just the way im looking at things.

StevieC
27-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Cause the squad he has are pish , The majority of the fans seemed to have turned against him .....hes making so many baffling decisions as games go by. the man shows no emotion whatsoever. Pay off when sacked. Simple. You can say what you want about Petrie being tight but if things continue as they are then eventually Petrie HAS to sack him. Again just the way im looking at things.

IMO is ridiculous to say that any manager, let alone CC, would try to get themselves sacked.

Any financial pay-off, and lets be honest it wont be huge at Hibs, would be far out-weighed by the damage to a prospective managerial career. Especially one in its early stages.

CmoantheHibs
27-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Im not so sure that the majority of fans have turned against him.As I see it it doesnt make any sense for him to try and get sacked.He left Newcastle because of his desire to be a manager and trying to get sacked/getting sacked would endanger his future chances of landing another managers role.It also doesnt fit in with some aspects of his character,namely enjoying challenges and being a winner.
As to the baffling decisions Id put that down to him being privvy to much more knowledge of the players and information from inside the club than almost anyone else.He also knows his vision of where we need to go and how to get there.If we all had the same info then, although we may not agree with them,we would probably understand them.Im sure he has made mistakes but has valid reasons for making decisions and it is for the benefit of the team as a whole.

Removed
27-01-2011, 04:58 PM
IMO is ridiculous to say that any manager, let alone CC, would try to get themselves sacked.

Any financial pay-off, and lets be honest it wont be huge at Hibs, would be far out-weighed by the damage to a prospective managerial career. Especially one in its early stages.

:agree:

CC will want to succeed. Any normal person would.

matty_f
27-01-2011, 05:24 PM
:agree:

CC will want to succeed. Any normal person would.

I personally think he will succeed as well.

He needs a win, and soon, but I think once we get a win or two under our belts we'll be away.

I would like to see a settled side, but I can see why it hasn't happened - it must be hard when the players you put out don't give you two good performances on the trot.

That said, the team is looking more and more organised with each week, they look fitter, and they look like they are genuinely trying and working hard for the manager.

I believe that the players are working for him, and want to win for him - even the players that will be on their way out. There will be some unhappy at being left out, but I don't think anyone can have a complaint about being out of the side just now.

We need to give him time, it would be foolish to get rid of him now, we are improving and new players will only hasten that improvement, IMHO.

mcfly
27-01-2011, 05:36 PM
you may be right......its the losers in the team ie de guff, rankin, nish, miller, mcbride, hogg etc etc the list is endless that have got us into the position.

i for one would definitley play kurtis byrne on sunday and keep playing the lad he must have pace and if he can score a few goals even better.

However the board must release significant funds to get experienced players in. i';m sorry but we are not signing experience and if we are relying on those young lads to get us out the mess we are in then that is not fair on them.

We got the rallying call from the chairman last week and then silence. if we go down its because we have sold all our best players and replaced them with crap ones. ive said it before and i'll say it again.

i feel sorry for colin calderwood - he has 1 hell of a job on his hands and i just dont believe scott lindsay saying we have spent more than anyone else outside the old firm.

unless something drastic happens hibs are going down and our lovely stadium will be empty. i hope the board think of that when we are playing in div 1

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2011, 06:52 PM
I hope thats a typo, or it seems you have made your own mind up over this guys opinion? :faf:

jane_says
27-01-2011, 06:59 PM

Don't think he's 'trying' to get the sack, do however think he couldn't give a flying f*** about hibs now, decisions in the last few weeks surely backs this up :dunno:

ancienthibby
27-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Don't think he's 'trying' to get the sack, do however think he couldn't give a flying f*** about hibs now, decisions in the last few weeks surely backs this up :dunno:

Not backed up at all by his dealings in the transfer market!!

With Scott and Thornhill already secured and perhaps the Icelandic lad from Liverpool then, in a stroke (or a transfer window) CC will have completely transformed the weakest part of the team.:agree:

Kaiser1962
27-01-2011, 07:09 PM
[/B]

Not backed up at all by his dealings in the transfer market!!

With Scott and Thornhill already secured and perhaps the Icelandic lad from Liverpool then, in a stroke (or a transfer window) CC will have completely transformed the weakest part of the team.:agree:

Plus the man is competitive by nature. He wouldn't have achieved what he did as a player if he wasn't.

Lago
27-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Another silly post.

skipster7
27-01-2011, 07:14 PM
surely if the guy calls our own players names like de guff without being deleted he can take the same back:confused:

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-01-2011, 07:23 PM
have to keep plugging away and wait for the tide to turn. I can see things running close until the season end with a lot of big games to come. We need to get the first goal sometime.

HNA6
27-01-2011, 07:28 PM
surely if the guy calls our own players names like de guff without being deleted he can take the same back:confused:Then we have a free for all with threads full of petty name calling ..nah ,,i dont agree with all this pish = Nish stuff but if we deleted every one we would hardly have any threads on the forums ..:wink:

HibsMax
27-01-2011, 07:40 PM
I don't really have anything to add to what others have said but I have to get my post count up somehow, right? :wink:

He must have known about the squad before he signed on the dotted line. I am sure that he's frustrated with the lack of progress that has been made but I doubt he was under any illusions about the talent he was inheriting.

Getting yourself sacked is NEVER the right option (unless you want to start talking about Board Level golden handshakes) so I doubt that is his goal. If he was genuinely pissed off and wanted out, and if he wanted to maintain his own appearance of professionalism then he would simply walk. IMO, walking away from a job looks infinitely better than getting the can for doing a crap job. Sticking with a tough job will earn him all sorts of brownie points. If, and it's a big IF, he can turn Hibs around over the next year or so then that will be a pretty big feather in his cap.

Dan Sarf
27-01-2011, 07:48 PM

He doesn't kick the dugout when the opposition score. So obviously, he doesn't care. And it was clearly his plan from the outset to simply wait for a payoff. Yes, I see. It's so obvious when you think about it, I don't know why I didn't realise it before.