PDA

View Full Version : East Stirling kicked out of the Cup

hibbysam
27-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Don't see it anywhere else..

East Stirling have been expelled from the Scottish Cup for fielding an ineligle player.. Now can someone tell me the difference between this case and the Dunfermline case last season where Dunfermline were allowed to replay the game... Now we end up having Buckie Thistle in the last 16 of he Scottish Cup after getting beat in last round:confused:

.Sean.
27-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Delighted.

I know the 'keeper and he's an arse who believes he's Billy Big Baws for some reason. Roond ye!

iwasthere1972
27-01-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm a bit surprised that the papers extending the loan deal were (allegedly) just popped in the post by East Stirling to the SFA and not sent by recorded delivery or even faxed. It seems a wee bit amateurish to me in this day when we have the technology there.

Dunbar Hibee
27-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Delighted.

I know the 'keeper and he's an arse who believes he's Billy Big Baws for some reason.

:agree:

MSK
27-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Don't see it anywhere else..

East Stirling have been expelled from the Scottish Cup for fielding an ineligle player.. Now can someone tell me the difference between this case and the Dunfermline case last season where Dunfermline were allowed to replay the game... Now we end up having Buckie Thistle in the last 16 of he Scottish Cup after getting beat in last round:confused:Not sure of the difference between this & the Dunfermline one but what i heard on the news is that Falkirk & E Stirling agreed the transfer, Falkirk allegedly sent the registration to the FA who imply they never recieved the registration ..which meant the player was still attached to Falkirk ..pretty crap decision if it turns out the paperwork was mis-placed..:rolleyes:

hibbysam
27-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Delighted.

I know the 'keeper and he's an arse who believes he's Billy Big Baws for some reason. Roond ye!

Who's that Seany boy?

Pretty Boy
27-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Delighted.

Trained with him for about 6 months and he is an absolute welt.

FitbaFolkKen
27-01-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm a bit surprised that the papers extending the loan deal were (allegedly) just popped in the post by East Stirling to the SFA and not sent by recorded delivery or even faxed. It seems a wee bit amateurish to me in this day when we have the technology there.

See the ES chairman getting interviewed getting all wound up when he was being pressed on whether or not they will appeal....."I'll tell you when i put the envelope in the post!!!!"...surely he has learned his lesson :wink:

Hamish
27-01-2011, 03:36 PM

Trained with him for about 6 months and he is an absolute welt.

:greengrinJust spat my coffee out there!! Haven't heard ''welt'' for ages

FitbaFolkKen
27-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Not sure of the difference between this & the Dunfermline one but what i heard on the news is that Falkirk & E Stirling agreed the transfer, Falkirk allegedly sent the registration to the FA who imply they never recieved the registration ..which meant the player was still attached to Falkirk ..pretty crap decision if it turns out the paperwork was mis-placed..:rolleyes:

The SFA changed some of the rulings after Dunfermline won their appeal last year after initially expelling them.

Monts
27-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Not sure of the difference between this & the Dunfermline one but what i heard on the news is that Falkirk & E Stirling agreed the transfer, Falkirk allegedly sent the registration to the FA who imply they never recieved the registration ..which meant the player was still attached to Falkirk ..pretty crap decision if it turns out the paperwork was mis-placed..:rolleyes:

So ES get expelled from the cup because of a breakdown between Falkirk and the FA? :confused:

Jack
27-01-2011, 03:52 PM
IIRC there had been so many winning appeals for this that and the next thing after clubs had been kicked out the Cup the SFA said ‘Right from now on these is the rules, if you break them your out. No excuses.’ :agree:

MSK
27-01-2011, 03:53 PM
So ES get expelled from the cup because of a breakdown between Falkirk and the FA? :confused:Clearer picture here Bernz..

http://www.eaststirlingshire-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/shires_cup_run_could_be_over_624484/index.shtml

iwasthere1972
27-01-2011, 08:23 PM
See the ES chairman getting interviewed getting all wound up when he was being pressed on whether or not they will appeal....."I'll tell you when i put the envelope in the post!!!!"...surely he has learned his lesson :wink:

He didn't seem that confident in the interview during the week that the papers had even been posted. I reckon he found them in the back of a drawer in his office desk and put them in the shredder to cover his back.

As if the Royal Mail wouldn't deliver an envelope that you've paid good money to send. Whatever next I ask you.

Iggy Pope
27-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Delighted.

Has he slipped through our scouting net?