PDA

View Full Version : NHC Have i missed something!!

Joe's ice cream
27-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Seems like we have all been making monkey noises !! :confused::confused:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/9378246.stm

Lennon will be pleased thou, his players spreading the 'no body likes us' message!!:wink:

sixtwo
27-01-2011, 02:59 PM
looks like he has fabricated a story to avoid punishment for his actions. He should have to answer to the SFA for bringing the Scottish game into disrepute!

Did no one tell the dog eating cant that we gave racism the red card a a long time ago!:greengrin

Jack
27-01-2011, 03:59 PM
I just posted that on the Bounce asking their resident Japanese person to write to the appropriate people dismissing his excuses.

I haven’t heard anything, nor any reports.

Even years ago in our least PC times I don’t think a South Korean would be referred to as a monkey. Dare I say even today our intelligent bigots are unlikely to link Korea to monkeys.

Woody1985
27-01-2011, 05:06 PM
A bit like kingston blaming the ref for being racist when the ref was married to a looky looky woman.:greengrin

Future17
27-01-2011, 05:14 PM
I don't really understand the big deal about his celebration in the first place but, having been called on it, his reasoning is a lot of crap.

In my experience, all nations have elements of their society that display varying degrees of xenophobia, but I think in general Scotland is a tolerant and welcoming place for people of all colours from all countries.

The story that Ki is peddling makes me angry and I'd like to think the SFA will ask him to clarify his comments, and if he can't substantiate them he should apologise and retract them.