View Full Version : Riordan to huns SSN

Pages : [1] 2

kentao
27-01-2011, 02:29 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6704603,00.html

Not looking good :(

LancashireHibby
27-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Would have thought they'd go nowhere near him with him being an ex-Celtic player. We'd better get a replacement lined up sharpish.

Betty Boop
27-01-2011, 02:33 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6704603,00.html

Not looking good :(

More good news ! :boo hoo:

cam75
27-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Call up for scotland then

Deco T
27-01-2011, 02:35 PM
this day keeps getting better and better.

PeeJay
27-01-2011, 02:36 PM
More good news ! :boo hoo:

News? Has Smith said he's looking at Riordan, has Riordan said he was interested?:confused:

Gatecrasher
27-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Would have thought they'd go nowhere near him with him being an ex-Celtic player. We'd better get a replacement lined up sharpish.

What? Like kenny miller? :wink:

Keith_M
27-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Skysports.com understands

If they knew anything, why do they not just say it?

jonny
27-01-2011, 02:38 PM
News? Has Smith said he's looking at Riordan, has Riordan said he was interested?:confused:

No specific quotes from anyone but when "Sky Sports understands" they are not usually far wrong.
I wouldn't be surprised If Riordan is a Rangers player by the weekend

MSK
27-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Would have thought they'd go nowhere near him with him being an ex-Celtic player. We'd better get a replacement lined up sharpish.Just like Kenny Miller was..? ..

The Slav
27-01-2011, 02:41 PM
yet another example of the Old Infirm "raping" what remains in Scottish Football, by taking the best players from every other Club in Scotland - and then complaining that there is no competition in Scotland.

What do they expect - really rips ma knittin

LancashireHibby
Had completely forgotten about Miller playing for Celtic, apologies! Pretty sure Riordan got booed by the Huns last night though?

Captain Trips
If true reminds me of phrase "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me".

Hamish
27-01-2011, 02:42 PM
The Voice of Football, Chic Young, said on Monday evening that this move will not happen.:rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
If we lose Zemmama and Riordan before the end of this month, I won't be back at another Hibs game this season.

And there would be no danger that I'll be renewing my season ticket next year either.

I'm already considering not renewing, as it is.

Hibbyradge
Speculation by Sky.

Sergio sledge
How many transfer windows have there been with Riordan at this club and how many of them have had speculation about him leaving to Rangers or another club? How many windows has he actually left in?

I'll start to worry when the deal is confirmed, until then it can be treated the same as when Chick Dung guaranteed Riordan would be a Rangers player by midnight a few years ago.....

khib70
27-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Don't think Walter Smith gives a toss about that.

From the OP's link it appears that this is pure speculation anyway.

(Pause to put on tin hat, full body armour etc.) I'd rather he didn't become the first Hibs player to bale out on us for both halves of the Old Firm. However, his recent performances and body language suggests he'll be missed a lot less than his huge tunnel-visioned, uncritical fan club on here seem to think. No thread has appeared regarding his mainly invisible, and occasionally inept, showing last night. What a surprise.

We will need a replacement though. Where will we find someone to stand about with their hands on their hips, wave their arms about at everyone else when they make a mistake, and get KB'd from nightclubs, I wonder?

The saddest thing in the world is wasted talent. As someone said in some gangster movie I cant remember the name of. And when a talent as huge as Deeks is wasted, it's very sad indeed.

BigKev
27-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Jings josie. As if we weren't bad enough. I hope this is just rumour but the fact it's been kicking about for a few weeks must mean there's something in it.

Can the last man out of ER please turn out the lights?

MSK
27-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Maybe its just me..when Riordan went to Celtic i was absolutley gutted ..when we re-signed him i was delighted ..now however..this time round i dont feel the same ..i just dont have that emotion anymore..i expect him to go..preferably not West but to be honest i couldnt really care what he does..

Nowt personal against the lad by the way ..

scott7_0(Prague)
27-01-2011, 02:44 PM
If we lose Zemmama and Riordan before the end of this month, I won't be back at another Hibs game this season.

Yeah because both the above players have been fundamental in getting out of the relegation zone............... such a drama queen, you sound like this is the first time this has ever happened at Hibs!

billbee
27-01-2011, 02:45 PM
yet another example of the Old Infirm "raping" what remains in Scottish Football, by taking the best players from every other Club in Scotland - and then complaining that there is no competition in Scotland.

What do they expect - really rips ma knittin

And the big wigs want a ten team league, they can stick theyre SPL up their a...
getting really sick of the ugly sisses

Cod Boy
Yeah because both the above players have been fundamental in getting out of the relegation zone............... such a drama queen, you sound like this is the first time this has ever happened at Hibs!

spot on mr c

Captain Trips
Time for a statement of intent. Hibs need to get him signed back up and show some sort of commiment to the team. Giving him good money will pale into insignificance with loss in ST moneys etc. Of course DR might havd no intention of staying no matter.

sixtwo
27-01-2011, 02:47 PM
before this window opened I hoped we'd strengthen our squad. I would have been happy to see the back of players like nish, hogg, rankin, smith, thicot to name a few. There was only three players I was keen to keep hold off Bamba, Zemmama and Riordan. Those are the only players of any value to the team!

This is an absolute ****ing joke if this goes ahead. The board can go and **** themselves!

If the window closes and we do not have a decent couple of players to replace the three poised to move, I'd expect to see mass demonstrations.

Absolute joke of a team / club!

The Falcon
27-01-2011, 02:47 PM
The Voice of Football, Chic Young, said on Monday evening that this move will not happen.:rolleyes:

I recall when he moved to Celtic Chick Young was exclusively revealing that Deek was in talks "as we speak" at Murray Park when about a minute later he was standing next to me in McDonalds.

Hibbyradge
27-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Time for a statement of intent. Hibs need to get him signed back up and show some sort of commiment to the team. Giving him good money will pale into insignificance with loss in ST moneys etc. Of course DR might havd no intention of staying no matter.

He doesn't deserve big money. He's not that good, particularly in our current predicament.

The Falcon
27-01-2011, 02:48 PM
before this window opened I hoped we'd strengthen our squad. I would have been happy to see the back of players like nish, hogg, rankin, smith, thicot to name a few. There was only three players I was keen to keep hold off Bamba, Zemmama and Riordan. Those are the only players of any value to the team!

So would the rest of us but nobody wants those guys unfortunately.

Sir David Gray
27-01-2011, 02:49 PM
We will need a replacement though. Where will we find someone to stand about with their hands on their hips, wave their arms about at everyone else when they make a mistake, and get KB'd from nightclubs, I wonder?

And where will we find someone to score 101 goals for the club? :dunno:

Captain Trips
27-01-2011, 02:51 PM
He doesn't deserve big money. He's not that good, particularly in our current predicament.

Good thing about this place is the opinions, I disagree.

Beefster
27-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Maybe its just me..when Riordan went to Celtic i was absolutley gutted ..when we re-signed him i was delighted ..now however..this time round i dont feel the same ..i just dont have that emotion anymore..i expect him to go..preferably not West but to be honest i couldnt really care what he does..

I'm like that too. Like it or not, Riordan's been as much a part of the problem of the last 12 months as the rest of the squad so I'll be fairly indifferent to his departure as opposed to absolutely ****ed off last time.

If he goes, it'll be another Celtic all over again. He won't play much.

greenlex
27-01-2011, 02:52 PM
I recall when he moved to Celtic Chick Young was exclusively revealing that Deek was in talks "as we speak" at Murray Park when about a minute later he was standing next to me in McDonalds.

That says just as much about Derek than it does about Chick Young.

Sergey
27-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Speculation by Sky.

In defence of SKY, they do have a pretty efficient network of sources.

Hamish
27-01-2011, 02:53 PM

Hence the rolleyes. I think Sky are fishing with this one. Lazy journalists trawling internet forums for stories

Cod Boy
27-01-2011, 02:54 PM
if he does go we wont have to worry about him scoring against us this season and the way its going he wont be playing hibs next season

SRHibs
27-01-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm honestly not bothered at all. He may only be 28, but for me already he's past his best. Any pace he had is all but gone, and the majority of the his time on the football pitch he spends wandering around looking lethargic. Fair enough, he can sometimes create a goal from nothing, but a lot of the time he's a non-entity.

sixtwo
27-01-2011, 02:55 PM
like rats they are all jumping off the sinking ship

Jim44
27-01-2011, 02:56 PM
This 'rumour' has been rife for ages and I reckon that it is about to become a reality. The Huns are pulling their hair out over on FF but reading between the lines I think they are really quite up for it. For Riordan's sake I hope he does well or he'll be ripped apart by them.

khib70
27-01-2011, 02:56 PM
In 8 seasons? Not impossible. And half of them were pre-2006

But you're right of course. Any potential signing should be asked straight out "Are you going to score 101 goals for the club?" If he can't give a positive answer, down the road with him.:rolleyes:

We need to look for potential. That's what he had. He hasn't got it now. He's 28 and barely justifying a start.

We have to move on

Jim44
27-01-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm honestly not bothered at all. He may only be 27, but for me already he's past his best. Any pace he had is all but gone, and the majority of the his time on the football pitch he spends wandering around looking lethargic. Fair enough, he can sometimes create a goal from nothing, but a lot of the time he's a non-entity.

Realistically, with good players around him and the chances they create, he will score a barrowload.

eastmainsmsh
27-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Id hate to lose deek....But for himself i reckon move to Huns would be great for him as he would score for fun and it would enhance his chances of international caps playing for them and playing european football a player of his talent needs top level he wasted himself at celtic .....We all want him to stay but Tightwad petrie wont give him that and petrie would take 75 pence rather than risk losing a pound....Please stay Deek but think we all know he is leaving ...

Hibee Daz
27-01-2011, 02:58 PM
I will be very surprised and indeed gutted if Deek goes to the huns.

The huns have just lost out on Commons as they didn't have the funds and smelltic only paid 300 grand for him, so I doubt very much that they can afford a couple of hundred g's for Deek!
The bank is finally putting the squeeze on the huns and not before time.

Beefster
27-01-2011, 02:59 PM

We may never see a Hibs player score over 100 goals for us. Stokes and Killen have shown that it's not impossible to find more prolific scorers and attract them to ER though.

Sir David Gray
27-01-2011, 03:00 PM

That's not what I'm saying at all.

Zemmama has been seriously injured for the first four months of this season and is only just starting to get back to starting games. He hasn't been great in the past few weeks but I would rather have him in the team than not.

Riordan has had a poor season by his standards, I'm sure if you asked him he would admit that. However, he's still the club's top goalscorer this season, by quite some distance, and has recently been dropped to the bench during our worst goalless streak in 85 years. In one of the last matches that he started in (against Celtic) our manager decided that it would be a good move to play him up front in the lone striker role. :confused:

With guys like Edwin de Graaf, John Rankin and Kevin McBride behind him in the midfield, it's little surprise that he gets no decent service.

I am completely and utterly disillusioned with Hibs, it's been going that way for a good couple of years now. I don't expect Zemmama or Riordan to renew their contracts beyond this season and I expect them to be playing for someone else by the summer but I also don't expect Hibs to sell them just now, pick up a combined total of around £400,000, when the cost of relegation to the club would be a heck of a lot more than that.

scott7_0(Prague)
27-01-2011, 03:07 PM
but I also don't expect Hibs to sell them just now, pick up a combined total of around £400,000, when the cost of relegation to the club would be a heck of a lot more than that.

What if, I know... but what if that money was to secure a couple of decent signings to help us stay up!?

happiehibbie
27-01-2011, 03:12 PM
You have to laugh the other day nobody here wanted him.

I hope he does not go lets hope CC goes instead Petrie must keep Deek he might be useless B but he is the best useless B we have

Sad times at my place of worship i recon there is major major probs behind the scenes

smurf
27-01-2011, 03:13 PM

Though making him an offer would be a start.

aberhibsfc
27-01-2011, 03:16 PM
The huns will be fretting over their striking options given Miller's move and Beattie not getting a game for whatever reason.

I think they were breathing down the neck of Goodwillie but due to his personal situation no-one will be touching him with a barge pole until that's resolved and only if it turns out to be bunkum.

Goodwillies and Miller combined means there is only one proven SPL goalscorer kicking around just now and that's why there is something in this. I think they will jump on this deal rather than go into the 2nd half of the season light weight.

For us, we haven't found Riordan a strike partner never mind a replacement. We are still reeling from Stokes move and apparent success.

Riordan isn't doing it for us just now. But I can't go along with this who cares attitude. I am sure we won't feel like that when he starts putting them away. He will have a lot more support there and something to fight for. Don't forget that Boyd proved a success there and there was no more to his game than Riordan. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that while both are prolific scorers, Riordan has a more cultured and composed finish.

Riordan belongs at ER, as well as Zemmama and Miller, possibly even De Graff. All playing poorly, but with a harder working team re-built by Calderwood, these players would have a sturdier platform to work from and possibly there class would begin to shine through and pay dividends.

Jim44
27-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Though making him an offer would be a start.

Why would they even consider making an offer for him when a few weeks ago Calderwood was talking up keeping Riordan but a couple of days later, with Petrie's hand pulling the strings, he comes out with the incredible statemant that they were just going to ignore the Riordan situation and wait and see what happens.

Andy74
27-01-2011, 03:22 PM

Agreed. He should be able to stand out amongs the dross we have been presenting but to me he looks every bit as bad as the rest of them.

The squad needs changed and so I'm now not bothered about any or all of them going.

ForeverHibs93
27-01-2011, 03:23 PM
What if, I know... but what if that money was to secure a couple of decent signings to help us stay up!?
How many decent signings are usually available in January though mate? Also the chances of Petrie loosening the purse strings, I personally can't see it, I'd love to be wrong though:agree:

scott7_0(Prague)
27-01-2011, 03:26 PM
How many decent signings are usually available in January though mate? Also the chances of Petrie loosening the purse strings, I personally can't see it, I'd love to be wrong though:agree:

Depends on how you define decent doesn't it.

Speedway
27-01-2011, 03:26 PM

Over what, 9 years?

That's 11 goals a season we need to replace.

I reckon we can do that.

scott7_0(Prague)
27-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Over what, 9 years?

I reckon we can do that.

Dont let facts blind you :wink:

ForeverHibs93
27-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Depends on how you define decent doesn't it.
Fair point, but if we're getting say 200k-400k for Deek, I don't see many good quality players being available for that in January

NAE NOOKIE
27-01-2011, 03:32 PM
I would hate to see Riordan go to the huns.

But the truth of the matter is that IMO at least Deeks isnt going to get any faster in the next few years. As it is, his lack of pace is probably the only thing which prevented him from being a multi million pound player.

His inability to take on and beat a full back doestn help out on the left and he certainly cant play the lone striker role, nor should he ever have been made to.

I really think that its time for Hibs to be looking at other options up front. And by that I dont mean Nish, Trackys or Duffy.

What this team have lacked for 3 years now is pace all over the park, and Deeks certainly isnt part of the solution to that problem.

What we also need and havnt had for years now is a striking partnership who can read each others moves and play off each other.

If only !!!

FromTheCapital
27-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Is that maybe why were wanting Rooney ?

Hibs do need a striker without losing one though, TBH !

scott7_0(Prague)
27-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Fair point, but if we're getting say 200k-400k for Deek, I don't see many good quality players being available for that in January
Did you see Killie just signed a lad from AC Milan... for nowt!!!

StevieC
27-01-2011, 03:35 PM
I reckon Deek could have a bigger influence on our ability to stay up at Rangers than he could at Hibs.

:wink:

allmodcons
27-01-2011, 03:38 PM
If it's true, I hope he goes.

If he's a die hard Hibs fan 'playing for the jersey' then god help us.

Moves to Celtic for next to nothing and when things aren't going well ******s
off to the other half of the OF.

IMO, on his form over the last 10 weeks, Byrne should start before him.

Sir David Gray
27-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Over what, 9 years?

I reckon we can do that.

He didn't become a regular starter in the Hibs team until the 03/04 season so that's over five and a half years, not nine, as he spent two seasons at Celtic.

Trying to find someone who scores 18 goals every season would be a bit more difficult.

steviehibsleith
27-01-2011, 03:41 PM
£300000 to Celtic.
The players to bring in only need to be of a better quality than what we have, so how much do you think we need to spend.

FitbaFolkKen
27-01-2011, 03:42 PM
It's a watershed, the squad is terrible and he is a big part of it. I'm not that bothered if any of the squad go because regardless of however much pedigree they have, or had, they are not producing.

If he moves on best of luck(unless it's west ofc), he'll want a last big contract probably and staying at ER just now doesn't look to appealing I imagine. I'd heard he had been having a medical elsewhere at the tail end of last week, however he is still here so must have been nonsense. I did wonder about him being benched though.

We need to start from scratch and build a new team, and i would be very surprised if Deek is part of that.

He has produced some great stuff for us though :aok:

mikethehibee69
27-01-2011, 03:46 PM
If Riordan wants to go them let him and I know I will risk the wrath of the Deek fan club with this but I have watched him for a while now and from his body language he doesn't want to be here, when he is on we expect him to score and he just cant on his present run of form and he is the first to moan and throw a strop if others around him make a mistake, If DR wants to go and sit on a bench through in the West then let him, If he wants to stay here then Deek pull ur socks up and start trying for the team and start scoring and get us up the bloody table :wink:

ForeverHibs93
27-01-2011, 04:01 PM
£300000 to Celtic.
The players to bring in only need to be of a better quality than what we have, so how much do you think we need to spend.
In fairness I doubt we could match his wages at Celtic (I have no idea what they are so I could be wrong). I just feel that getting rid of one quality player for another is pointless, we should be getting rid of the duds to complement the better players in the squad.

P.s. I'm not a die hard Deeks fan, I'm the first to admit his work rate isn't great and he goes in a huff too easily, but at the end of the day he gets goals. The last 5 games we've scored in Deeks scored in 4 I believe.

Brooster
27-01-2011, 04:10 PM
I will lose no sleep if he leaves, he is past his best by some distance, he cannot even score a penalty these days. He has been a passenger for months. In fact I would weed all the current team out minus Hanlon, Brown and Wotherspoon. Get boys in with a bit of dig.

perthhibs
27-01-2011, 04:27 PM
I will lose no sleep if he leaves, he is past his best by some distance, he cannot even score a penalty these days. He has been a passenger for months. In fact I would weed all the current team out minus Hanlon, Brown and Wotherspoon. Get boys in with a bit of dig.

Totally agree with you ,i'd see the lot of them out the door.. Keep the younger boys that youve quoted and Booth and Byrne :agree:

SteveHFC
27-01-2011, 04:31 PM
If he leaves. We are going down.

al bundy
27-01-2011, 04:36 PM
don't know why the tramps would want him tbh

we will survive either way

ggtth

Brooster
27-01-2011, 04:36 PM
is he single handedly keeping us up like? Take the cash then get Rooney in.

RickyS
27-01-2011, 04:38 PM

yeah he is going thru a bad spell but I think we are ****ed if we let him go

killie-hibby
27-01-2011, 04:42 PM

On his current form it will make no difference whether he goes or stays. He is demotivated,most likely due to Hibs delaying contract talks. I hope he stays at ER.

Craig_in_Prague
27-01-2011, 04:43 PM
I can't believe the high % on here that don't care if Deek leaves.

As someone else said earlier, before xmas and looking at our team to move into 2011, I'd have happily binned the whole squad minus the obvious younger players....and Bamba, Deeks and Zouma.

Christ, and it's those 3 whom are leaving it seems.

Wonder why Rangers or Boro or Leicester or anyone else didn't fancy signing Rankin? Or McBride or Nish?

Riordan aint doing it right now coz 1st of all he has been benched, and second of all when he does play we are CREATING NOWT. FFS he is an outstanding finisher, the issue's we have are getting chances for the lad. Now no-one cares if he's leaving. I despair.

Jeezus Hibs we're doing everything we can to send ourselves down !!!!! :boo hoo:

GreenCastle
27-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Is he playing well ? - no

Does he work hard enough ? Questionable

Would he score more goals in a better team ? Probably

Are his best days behind him ? Possibly

Can he create goals out of nothing ? Yes

Does he deserve a new contract ? Not sure -goals win games but I want all 11 players working hard in my team.

Would Rooney be a good replacement? Yes

Will the board go for Rooney or replace Riordan ? Probably not

Will he get a game at Rangers ? Probably not - Weiss struggles as he's a similar player - not consistent enough

I am very split with this as we SERIOUSLY need GOALS.

The guy is a natural finisher - just look at his record over the years.

But I can also see the negatives and would be curious to know his effects in the dressing room - is he well liked etc ?

Tough one to call - The key issue is will we replace him as we are short of goals at it is :agree:

Overall I think we should keep him unless we have someone who will score the goals Deeks did so often.

PeeJay
27-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Is he playing well ? - no

Does he work hard enough ? Questionable

Would he score more goals in a better team ? Probably

Are his best days behind him ? Possibly

Can he create goals out of nothing ? Yes

Does he deserve a new contract ? Not sure -goals win games but I want all 11 players working hard in my team.

Would Rooney be a good replacement? Yes

Will the board go for Rooney or replace Riordan ? Probably not

Will he get a game at Rangers ? Probably not - Weiss struggles as he's a similar player - not consistent enough

I am very split with this as we SERIOUSLY need GOALS.

The guy is a natural finisher - just look at his record over the years.

But I can also see the negatives and would be curious to know his effects in the dressing room - is he well liked etc ?

Tough one to call - The key issue is will we replace him as we are short of goals at it is :agree:

In a relegation battle I would suggest the aspect of team spirit is a vital one, and Riordan does not give the impression of being a team player, what with his constant moaning if the ball is not played where he wants it - however, he is probably our finest asset, so I would generally be sorry to see him go.

Andy74
27-01-2011, 05:27 PM

As someone else said earlier, before xmas and looking at our team to move into 2011, I'd have happily binned the whole squad minus the obvious younger players....and Bamba, Deeks and Zouma.

Wonder why Rangers or Boro or Leicester or anyone else didn't fancy signing Rankin? Or McBride or Nish?

Riordan aint doing it right now coz 1st of all he has been benched, and second of all when he does play we are CREATING NOWT. FFS he is an outstanding finisher, the issue's we have are getting chances for the lad. Now no-one cares if he's leaving. I despair.

Jeezus Hibs we're doing everything we can to send ourselves down !!!!! :boo hoo:

I think it's because when he has played, two games a second division team for example, he has looked poor. A player, if he really is quality, will be able to stand out and lead the thing on themselves a bit.

If he was playing out hsi skin and being let down by others i'd agre.

Also, outstanding finisher? Not for me, great striker of the ball from 20 yards with both feet but that doesn't make a finisher. He doesn't score that many one on ones or tap ins or crosses. Finishers do.

scoopyboy
27-01-2011, 05:30 PM

What if he leaves in the summer?

Does the club simply fold?

HFC have been here for a long time before Deek arrived and will survive for a long time when he leaves.

I don't want him to go but its hardly slitting the wrists time.

Craig_in_Prague
27-01-2011, 05:33 PM
I think it's because when he has played, two games a second division team for example, he has looked poor. A player, if he really is quality, will be able to stand out and lead the thing on themselves a bit.

Also, outstanding finisher? Not for me, great striker of the ball from 20 yards with both feet but that doesn't make a finisher. He doesn't score that many one on ones or tap ins or crosses. Finishers do.

It doesn't matter if we were playing Ayr U7 girls team. If the team doesn't create anything. He did have 1 good effort in the replay which was a decent save. Can't recall keeper making saves from any one else.

Anyway, just coz the side is struggling, doesn't mean we need to empty our best striker. Sort out the rest of the side and then we'd see him get more goals.

Did he not score 2 one-on-ones at home to Motherwell?
Tap-ins are from good team play and creativity - of which we have zilch.

If you can stick the baw in the net like he can from anywhere, that to me is outstanding finishing. Look at his goal at Celtic park FFS, we don't know what we have till we've lost it, sadly.

eastmainsmsh
27-01-2011, 05:34 PM
He is pressumed at Murray Park Having Medical i hear :confused:

SMAXXA
27-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Id hate to lose deek....But for himself i reckon move to Huns would be great for him as he would score for fun and it would enhance his chances of international caps playing for them and playing european football a player of his talent needs top level he wasted himself at celtic .....We all want him to stay but Tightwad petrie wont give him that and petrie would take 75 pence rather than risk losing a pound....Please stay Deek but think we all know he is leaving ...

I disagree I wouldnt break the bank to keep him, Hes not fone enough for me to change my mind this season and think its time we have a total revamp of our squad with him being one to go.

Sunny1875
27-01-2011, 05:48 PM

See you in McDonalds then Deeks

Golden Bear
27-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Rooney to Ibrox is a far more likely outcome imo. He's more in the style of Kenny Millar as Deeks will ever be.

Riordan's Agent is working overtime would be my thoughts.

Golden Bear
27-01-2011, 06:05 PM
I disagree I wouldnt break the bank to keep him, Hes not fone enough for me to change my mind this season and think its time we have a total revamp of our squad with him being one to go.

:agree:

I think Yogi was hinting at the same thing when he said that unpopular decisions would have to be made.

PaulSmith
27-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Rooney to Ibrox is a far more likely outcome imo. He's more in the style of Kenny Millar as Deeks will ever be.

Riordan's Agent is working overtime would be my thoughts.

I still don't believe the ibrox hordes are ready for a catholic, Celtic supporting, Irish born hero IMO.

Hibee Daz
27-01-2011, 06:07 PM

If this is to be the case, I hope that our board has serious contingency plans and if they don't, they would be as well as playing The Specials before kick off from Feb onwards!

Houchy
27-01-2011, 06:08 PM

I find myself agreeing with you here. It must be these flu tablets i'm on:greengrin

flash
27-01-2011, 06:09 PM
if he goes we are down? last time i checked we were heading down with him!

ancienthibby
27-01-2011, 06:10 PM
I still don't believe the ibrox hordes are ready for a catholic, Celtic supporting, Irish born hero IMO.

Mo Johnson, anyone!:greengrin

Houchy
27-01-2011, 06:10 PM
If this is to be the case, I hope that our board has serious contingency plans and if they don't, they would be as well as playing The Specials before kick off from Feb onwards!

That's not very PC:wink:

IFONLY
27-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Really dont think that Riordan has the work ethos that Smith and the fans have come to expect. IMO Miller was at first a goal maker and before he left a goal scorer, I do not see where Riordan would fit in. If he thinks that the unwashed hordes would put up with his petulance and moods when things dont go right for him then he better think again. I do not think that he is the type of player Smith wants or needs at Ibrox.

Captain Trips
27-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Ok I dont think certainly from my POV anybody at all will change my thoughts on DR on here, no amount of stating flaws in his game and all the poor games he has had of which there are a lot will sway me from my belief he is our best player.

Absolutley not a good season from him, not a good season for most at ER. I have seem enough of him to make a decision on him as have the people whom feel different and I wont be able to have you think same as me.

My point is we have a squad of 20+ players and he not subjectivly but statiscally has been or is at the moment, our top scorer and last 2 seasons our top on assists (all from SPL site). There are lots of players who contribute less than him yeah they might not be lazy but they might not be able to pass. I just do not see the point in losing a player whom has set up most of our goals and scored a fair amount I do not see the gain in this at this time.

Yeah he hasnt done well this term but so have a lot of others. We can argue all night about his contribution about finding a replacement anything you like but at end of day this is top scorer over last 2 out of 3 seasons and top assister, I would rather keep that sort of player.

Hibee Daz
27-01-2011, 06:20 PM
That's not very PC:wink:

You get the gist, I have no hidden agenda.

Na na na na...........na na na na :na na:

Houchy
27-01-2011, 06:24 PM
You get the gist, I have no hidden agenda.

Na na na na...........na na na na :na na:

I know what you meant.:agree:

so

:na na::na na::na na::na na::na na: yourself :greengrin

Hibee Daz
27-01-2011, 06:28 PM
I know what you meant.:agree:

so

:na na::na na::na na::na na::na na: yourself :greengrin

:casper::wink:

rubber mal
27-01-2011, 06:31 PM

My thoughts exactly, Craig.

Jim44
27-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Irrespective of the varying viewpoints we have on these players, is it not absurd that at a time when the club is in a major crisis and arguably favourites for the drop, we should get rid of our best players? I doubt if any of the incoming players will be an improvement on these four players. Is Petrie paving the way for a couple of years in the doldrums? I'm sure he could continue to run Hibs business efficiently even as a minor club and that appears to be his top priority.

turn and burn
27-01-2011, 07:06 PM
cant understand people that dont rate riordan. he would be massive loss for us should he go. our track record of replacing our best players isnt so good...

francobaresi
27-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Heard this from a friend at Ibrox last week... No great surprise... If he goes then we are trully doomed for the foreseeable future... :-(

greenlex
27-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Irrespective of the varying viewpoints we have on these players, is it not absurd that at a time when the club is in a major crisis and arguably favourites for the drop, we should get rid of our best players? I doubt if any of the incoming players will be an improvement on these four players. Is Petrie paving the way for a couple of years in the doldrums? I'm sure he could continue to run Hibs business efficiently even as a minor club and that appears to be his top priority.
Our team almost to a man has been poor to below average for a year now. If our best players are sold and by definition of best means best paid players are sold//loaned because we can release their wages to sign someone either long term to rebuild or help us stay up them bring it on. If there are players we can get a fee for then all the better. O e thing is for sure we are heading for relegation with the players we have had this last year or so.
Free up wages get done money in fir transfer fees and let's vet on with it.
Its only a matter of weeks since folk were yelling for everyone to GTF and tgst they were a bunch of non trying wage thieves. There is no point in crying over your favourite going if he isn't part of the solution.

Kaiser1962
27-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Heard this from a friend at Ibrox last week... No great surprise... If he goes then we are trully doomed for the foreseeable future... :-(

Smith just said there is "nothing in the pipeline". Make of that what you will.

greenlex
27-01-2011, 07:46 PM

Because we haven't bought anyone for years right? Grow a set and man up FFS.

Billychaotic182
27-01-2011, 07:49 PM

When was the last time we signed someone other than Riordan that was more than a few k?

greenlex
27-01-2011, 07:53 PM
When was the last time we signed someone other than Riordan that was more than a few k?

This week.

Kaiser1962
27-01-2011, 07:54 PM

Martin Scott cost £100k apparently

Kaiser1962
27-01-2011, 07:55 PM
This week.

Waddya think? Is he at it?

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Martin Scott cost £100k apparently

We spent the same amount on Joe Harper nearly 30 years ago. :boo hoo:

Kaiser1962
27-01-2011, 07:56 PM

That went well. I would wait to see how it goes before cutting your wrists. It would be a bit of bummer to be premature.

Billychaotic182
27-01-2011, 07:57 PM
This week.

80k is not really a big signing now is it? Fair play the boy might turn out to be a good signing but he is not the kind that puts bums in seats.

I just want the club to bring in someone that shows that we are doing all we can to get better. But by the looks of things the team just keeps gettin weaker.

If Deek and Zemamma go we have lost two players who are our 'big' players and once again not brought anyone of that standered to replace them

greenlex
27-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Waddya think? Is he at it?
Naw I think be is fed up like a lot of Hibbys just now.

greenlex
27-01-2011, 08:03 PM
80k is not really a big signing now is it? Fair play the boy might turn out to be a good signing but he is not the kind that puts bums in seats.

I just want the club to bring in someone that shows that we are doing all we can to get better. But by the looks of things the team just keeps gettin weaker.

If Deek and Zemamma go we have lost two players who are our 'big' players and once again not brought anyone of that standered to replace them

The whole Team needs an overhaul. Martin Scott is one part of that.
In the last couple of seasons we have signed Stokes Riordan and Millet. All names. If you can't defend yourself from stick you need to think harder. Who is giving you stick? Hearts? Who have they signed that's a name? Kyle that's it. Rangers have just sold their top goalscorer for 400k ffs and hadn't signed anyone for a year and a half up to last summer.
They both pay three four times the wages we can afford

I don't get this poor me/us pish I really don't.

IWasThere2016
27-01-2011, 08:41 PM

I'm with Chic Dung .. cannae see it. No sure why this rumour won't go away though.

ScottB
27-01-2011, 08:50 PM

Not to play devils advocate, but what has Zemmama contributed in the last year or so? The guy is currently out of form, lacking fitness and injury prone. He's more likely to get kicked off the park back into the treatment room than score a goal and Deeks is still trading off performances that are fast becoming a faded memory. Of course, the guy has scored 101 goals, but the issue is how long it has been since he last scored.

Not that I'd be rushing either of them out the door, but both these guys are out of contract in the summer. For all we know both have turned round and said no thanks to a new contract offer, people seem to assume this is the club forcing these guys out the door, that's obviously not necessarily the case.

As for £80k not being a big signing, I bet it's more than any other non Old Firm side spend on a player this month. CC has said he wouldn't think twice about asking the Board to spend beyond our current £700k record so we can take that for truth or not, but just because we may be willing to spend doesn't mean an appropriate target is available.

ScottB
27-01-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm with Chic Dung .. cannae see it. No sure why this rumour won't go away though.

Because he's the only guy in their price range that Celtic won't try and knick out from under them? :wink:

ancient hibee
27-01-2011, 09:02 PM
I'm kinda surprised that supporters of the second bottom team in the league aren't too bothered if their best player leaves(form is temporary,class is permanent)and goes to the second top team in the league who presumably think he will improve them.

jakedance
27-01-2011, 09:05 PM
I'm kinda surprised that supporters of the second bottom team in the league aren't too bothered if their best player leaves(form is temporary,class is permanent)and goes to the second top team in the league who presumably think he will improve them.

Beautifully put. I think there is a wee subconscious part of some people that want us to fail so it can justify the impotent rage within.

Feed McGraw
27-01-2011, 09:08 PM

Actually it was nearly 40 years ago !

Leithenhibby
27-01-2011, 09:16 PM

Damed if he does, damed if he doesn't :rolleyes:

We are in the worst position we have been in for many years and we need to act now :agree:

The players we have can't/don't want to make this happen and CC has giving them all the chances he can.. We need fighters and we need them NOW .. :cool2:

HFC 0-7
27-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Over what, 9 years?

I reckon we can do that.

Probably more difficult than you and others think. In the last 10 seasons (not the current season) Riordan has been a regular starter for 5 seasons. In these 5 seasons his stats were 17,12,20,23 and 18 goals.

So its really a case of trying to find someone that will net you 18 goals a season

In the last 10 seasons only 10 players other than Riordan have managed over your 11 goals a season target.

Stokes,Nish,Fletcher,Killen,Benji,O'Connor,McManus ,Luna,Mixu,Zitelli

Players that have scored over 18 goals a season in the last 10 season other than Riordan and you are looking at Stokes and O'Connor.

sahib
27-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Good thing about this place is the opinions, I disagree.

We will miss his goals. Well, at least his goals back in the days when he scored them, which we are missing already really. What I mean is we will miss the goals we assume he might start scoring for us in the future but we will never be certain. We will miss those goals he has scored for us too, but that is just nostalgia and besides a lot of them are on youtube.

JohnScott
27-01-2011, 09:27 PM

You need to go lay down in a dark room. 4 days to go and as yet we havn't signed a player any better than those we already have. Yet eejits like you want us to sell our top scorer. You really couldn't make it up.

SRHibs
27-01-2011, 09:32 PM
You need to go lay down in a dark room. 4 days to go and as yet we havn't signed a player any better than those we already have. Yet eejits like you want us to sell our top scorer. You really couldn't make it up.

Judge 2 players before they've even set foot on the park. Who's the eejit sorry?

Hibby Cam
27-01-2011, 09:32 PM
If we're gonna lose him then better at the end of the season for nowt than now for next to nowt

HFC 0-7
27-01-2011, 09:38 PM
We will miss his goals. Well, at least his goals back in the days when he scored them, which we are missing already really. What I mean is we will miss the goals we assume he might start scoring for us in the future but we will never be certain. We will miss those goals he has scored for us too, but that is just nostalgia and besides a lot of them are on youtube.

17 goals last season from midfield and top goal scorer this season in a team that creates no goal scoring opportunities. He has been benched recently and has been playing as a loan striker on other occasions. Give him the service and he will score goals.

Cant believe people dont care about Riordan leaving, if rangers want him its for a reason, he is good! The same thing is happening with Zemmama's move to boro. They are good enough for rangers and Boro but arent good enough for a 2nd bottom of the league SPL side?!?!? Next thing a team will offer money for Nish, Hogg and Rankin and folk will go mental saying the board have lost the plot.

spike220
27-01-2011, 09:42 PM
:greengrin

It almost worth trying it out!

Bishop Hibee
27-01-2011, 09:48 PM
If Riordan leaves in this transfer window along with Zemmama, it would seal our already looming relegation to Div1. Surely the point of bringing in new players is to replace the total duffers like Hart and De Graff and help the few class acts we have :confused:

Things going from bad to worse at the moment.

Leithenhibby
27-01-2011, 09:50 PM

And you know this why!!!?

el capitano
27-01-2011, 09:51 PM
more or less all players out of contract will have been sent on a mail to all clubs in spl/england stating they are available now, this is normal.

these players/there agents are doing nothing wrong by beeing linked to other clubs.
it may be another team hes linked with tomo.

i dont see the problem, if they r away now or in summer but its obvious they are away anyway.

he is nowhere near the player many people think he is in terms of what he offers a team week in week out for 90mins per game, no chance he will get game time for a team like rangers, he will get found out big time there.

another thing about him is he seems like he wants away but his attitude to everything a future employer would look for when viewing a potentially new signing is not good enough, surely even the biggest derek riordan fan has to agree that he looks off the boil in everything he does. for the good of his career he needs to sort his self out or hibs could be the biggest club he will have played at succesfully.

Removed
27-01-2011, 09:57 PM
4 days to go and as yet we havn't signed a player any better than those we already have

We've only seen one so far and after that debut I think we have.

Baldy Foghorn
27-01-2011, 09:59 PM
We've only seen one so far and after that debut I think we have.

Exactly. Two have not even played but I was impressed with Towell.... If the other two add dig and bite, fight and committment to the cause that will do for me.....

DC_Hibs
27-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Never thought I would see the day when I would have little concern about losing Zemmama and Riordan...especially in our current predicament.

Providing we get a forward in before the window closes I will be fairly content with the squad we have for the remaining games and that's not having seen Thornhill or Scott.

Our squad needed a major clear oot as the one we have had for 2010 and this month has been an absolute disgrace and the above two have been mere passengers contributing nowt of late. How long are we expected to wait on them giving us a flash of brilliance - when we are rock bottom in March or April.

I've seen a lot better players than those two move on and Hibernian carry on regardless.......

greenlex
27-01-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm fine John. I would actually like Riordan to stay because I know what he can do.
Problem is he hasnt been doing it. We havent been creating chances yes thats true but Derek usually fashions most of his own. His time is up. He doesnt want to be here anymore either. If he was he or his representatives would have been battering down the managers/ chairmans door to thrash out a deal. He hasnt as far as I know and he can and will earn more elsewhere. That is his choice. He has to look after his family and I accept that. Good luck to the Laddie except if he faces Hibs. If we can get money for him now to strengthen the team then yes I am all for it and I make no apologies for that. Whether you or Derek himself like it or not he has been part of the collective problem this last year.
Your other comments about the players we have signed is just stupid but I reckon you probably know that.

monktonharp
27-01-2011, 10:34 PM
What if, I know... but what if that money was to secure a couple of decent signings to help us stay up!? the phrases "deusions of grandeur" or " get real man" spring to mind........immediately:rolleyes:

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-01-2011, 10:49 PM
When Deeks left for Celtc we got over it. If he leaves at it is for Rangers, then we will also get over it. Rather see him stay, cos he is the closest we have had to a legend for a generation, but he is a Hibs player, not Hibs period.

monktonharp
27-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Ok I dont think certainly from my POV anybody at all will change my thoughts on DR on here, no amount of stating flaws in his game and all the poor games he has had of which there are a lot will sway me from my belief he is our best player.

Absolutley not a good season from him, not a good season for most at ER. I have seem enough of him to make a decision on him as have the people whom feel different and I wont be able to have you think same as me.

My point is we have a squad of 20+ players and he not subjectivly but statiscally has been or is at the moment, our top scorer and last 2 seasons our top on assists (all from SPL site). There are lots of players who contribute less than him yeah they might not be lazy but they might not be able to pass. I just do not see the point in losing a player whom has set up most of our goals and scored a fair amount I do not see the gain in this at this time.

Yeah he hasnt done well this term but so have a lot of others. We can argue all night about his contribution about finding a replacement anything you like but at end of day this is top scorer over last 2 out of 3 seasons and top assister, I would rather keep that sort of player.:agree:a lot of people on here seem to forget,that since his return to ER he has spent a lot of his time out on the left (not essentialy as a striker) as decided by our last 2 managers,and when brought into his favoured centre position,he's had various huddies alongside or had to contend with Stokes' attidude of keeping everything tae himsel. It looked to me that the two never got on,and I know whose side i'm on there.

Alex Trager
27-01-2011, 11:24 PM
:agree:a lot of people on here seem to forget,that since his return to ER he has spent a lot of his time out on the left (not essentialy as a striker) as decided by our last 2 managers,and when brought into his favoured centre position,he's had various huddies alongside or had to contend with Stokes' attidude of keeping everything tae himsel. It looked to me that the two never got on,and I know whose side i'm on there.

I wouldn't agree with the stokes comment like, member stokes scored aganst hearts and ran to riordan pointing at him

Hibbyradge
27-01-2011, 11:45 PM
I don't believe Rangers are even remotely interested in signing Derek Riordan.

Forget the fact that his current form is mince, how many games did he get for Scotland when Smith was manager and Deek was actually playing well?

TPAKA
27-01-2011, 11:58 PM

That's about the 3rd time I've read this from you. In one word, nonsense.

Evidence 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spQ3ihnxWNU

I only watched about 3 minutes of that clip & there were 3 free kicks, 9 goals from around 6-10 yds out, 4 goals from around 10-18yds, 2 headers, 2 penalties & only 3 goals from open play that were 20ys+.

So from 23 goals that I just watched only 3 are as you imply. Feel free to watch the rest & watch the stats pile up against you.

The only thing you're right about is that he uses both feet so naturally. Not many other finisher's do, he does. :wink:

As for the former of your post, not that it's excusing his recent poor form but he was carrying an injury for the last few weeks too.

Captain Trips
28-01-2011, 12:04 AM

I only watched about 3 minutes of that clip & there were 3 free kicks, 9 goals from around 6-10 yds out, 4 goals from around 10-18yds, 2 headers, 2 penalties & only 3 goals from open play that were 20ys+.

So from 23 goals that I just watched only 3 are as you imply. Feel free to watch the rest & watch the stats pile up against you.

The only thing you're right about is that he uses both feet so naturally. Not many other finisher's do, he does. :wink:

As for the former of your post, not that it's excusing his recent poor form but he was carrying an injury for the last few weeks too.

Derek is capable of all types of finish and as you stated all there, I struggle to see the benefit Hibs will have from losing top assister and top scorer over last few seasons bar last season. I wish to see Derek remain at Hibs and Hibs to show they mean business in summer.

Hibbyradge
28-01-2011, 12:04 AM

You make a good argument, J.

We could do with him sharpening up though, and soon.

Captain Trips
28-01-2011, 12:15 AM
Pity is DRs name is in news and is big profile player so there are always threads with good debate over his ability. You could start 15 threads naming 15 players all with less in locker than DR and there probably should be, some players have got away with it thats for sure.

As much as I give him praise he also gets a bit of stick which IMO is unfair in comparison with some players whom have slipped under radar a tad with a dreadful contribution on a weekly basis.

Riordans Boots
28-01-2011, 12:16 AM

:rolleyes:

TPAKA
28-01-2011, 12:18 AM

Not disputing that for a second Dave. :aok:

silverhibee
28-01-2011, 12:25 AM

He has been playing through with an injury, not defending his poor performance's of late but the manager said after the Well game that he had been playing with a knock over the last few games, for weeks he would play a game, then go straight on to the treatment table till the wednesday, train Thursday and Friday and back for the game at the weekend, and so on and on.

Hibbyradge
28-01-2011, 12:37 AM
He has been playing through with an injury, not defending his poor performance's of late but the manager said after the Well game that he had been playing with a knock over the last few games, for weeks he would play a game, then go straight on to the treatment table till the wednesday, train Thursday and Friday and back for the game at the weekend, and so on and on.

You are! :wink:

He hasn't done himself any favours if he's been playing through injury. Or the team and that's a real shame.

I don't think there's any chance of Rangers being interested though. He doesn't tick their boxes on a number of levels.

TPAKA
28-01-2011, 12:38 AM

Watching that full video Dave it's actually full of tap in's, diving headers, goals from crosses, lay off's, one on one's, scrambled goals, volleys etc etc.

If Andy74 doesn't think that's a finisher I give up. I seriously do.

Removed
28-01-2011, 12:38 AM
You are! :wink:

He hasn't done himself any favours if he's been playing through injury. Or the team and that's a real shame.

I don't think there's any chance of Rangers being interested though. He doesn't tick their boxes on a number of levels.

Does he know the words to the sash :dunno:

Hibbyradge
28-01-2011, 12:39 AM
Does he know the words to the sash :dunno:

Sure.

Removed
28-01-2011, 12:40 AM
Sure.

Aye but what about the rest :greengrin

Riordans Boots
28-01-2011, 12:44 AM
Watching that full video Dave it's actually full of tap in's, diving headers, goals from crosses, lay off's, one on one's, scrambled goals, volleys etc etc.

If Andy74 doesn't think that's a finisher I give up. I seriously do.

WE ken what your talking about .... Andy74 doesney. There is a difference.

TPAKA
28-01-2011, 12:46 AM
Andy74 talks pash :agree:

I'm not saying he talks pish, just that he's factually incorrect with his statement, which is pish.

silverhibee
28-01-2011, 12:47 AM

Cant wait to see Mr 74s response to this post. Should be interesting reading.

hhibs
28-01-2011, 12:57 AM

Actually think it was well over 200K over 30 years ago,shows how we have fallen.

For the record it was a huge mistake and was the death knell of the Tornados.

Hamish
28-01-2011, 06:15 AM

He was adamant that Riordan would not be a Rangers player. Agree with the view that Smith doesn't rate him. If McCoist was the manager there might have been some mileage in this.

The Harp Awakes
28-01-2011, 08:09 AM
He was adamant that Riordan would not be a Rangers player. Agree with the view that Smith doesn't rate him. If McCoist was the manager there might have been some mileage in this.

Can't see that happening TBH. Did you hear the reception the Huns gave him on Wednesday when he came on as a sub?

He'd be instantly under pressure from the knuckledraggers before he's kicked a ball.

Jamesie
28-01-2011, 09:00 AM
Can't see that happening TBH. Did you hear the reception the Huns gave him on Wednesday when he came on as a sub?

He'd be instantly under pressure from the knuckledraggers before he's kicked a ball.

A text is doing the rounds this morning suggesting Riordan is at Murray Park for a medical...

IWasThere2016
28-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Cant wait to see Mr 74s response to this post. Should be interesting reading.

A term you are using loosely of course.

Sergio sledge
28-01-2011, 09:32 AM

Thanks for posting that video, I now feel even worse about the current team than I did before.

People ask "when was the last time Riordan scored a header?" When was the last time we had a decent cross into the box?

People ask "when was the last time Riordan scored a tap in?" When was the last time we had a decent cross into the box to allow him to make a tap in? When was the last time we didn't rely on Riordan creating something to allow him to make the run into the box to be there for the tap in?

This team are not creating chances and when we don't create chances all we have to fall back on is the hope that someone can do something special. Unfortunately Riordan isn't getting the ball to feet in the right positions to allow him to do this at the minute. Hopefully with the new midfielders that CC is signing, we can push Riordan forward and the midfield can start to give him the ball in positions that he can cause damage in.

Derek Riordan scores goals. That's what he does, and he does it well when he gets the correct supply. Relegation will cost us a lot more than the £200k we might get for Riordan, so even if he's not going to start for the rest of the season he's still a better option to have coming off the bench when we need a goal than Rankin or Stevenson.

Alex Trager
28-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Thanks for posting that video, I now feel even worse about the current team than I did before.

People ask "when was the last time Riordan scored a header?" When was the last time we had a decent cross into the box?

People ask "when was the last time Riordan scored a tap in?" When was the last time we had a decent cross into the box to allow him to make a tap in? When was the last time we didn't rely on Riordan creating something to allow him to make the run into the box to be there for the tap in?

This team are not creating chances and when we don't create chances all we have to fall back on is the hope that someone can do something special. Unfortunately Riordan isn't getting the ball to feet in the right positions to allow him to do this at the minute. Hopefully with the new midfielders that CC is signing, we can push Riordan forward and the midfield can start to give him the ball in positions that he can cause damage in.

Derek Riordan scores goals. That's what he does, and he does it well when he gets the correct supply. Relegation will cost us a lot more than the £200k we might get for Riordan, so even if he's not going to start for the rest of the season he's still a better option to have coming off the bench when we need a goal than Rankin or Stevenson.
I'm one of his biggest fans but recently- well not two months recently- riordans missed a few sitters and i mean sitters

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2011, 10:27 AM
That went well. I would wait to see how it goes before cutting your wrists. It would be a bit of bummer to be premature.

Why would i do that?

Actually it was nearly 40 years ago !

Yes 40 years, my maths are not good.:boo hoo: although the point is the same, nearly 40 years on and we are buying players for the same money, when then we were buying proven quality, whatever your opinion of the man is.. I wonder what the equivalent of £100k is today?

JimBHibees
28-01-2011, 10:38 AM
I'm fine John. I would actually like Riordan to stay because I know what he can do.
Problem is he hasnt been doing it. We havent been creating chances yes thats true but Derek usually fashions most of his own. His time is up. He doesnt want to be here anymore either. If he was he or his representatives would have been battering down the managers/ chairmans door to thrash out a deal. He hasnt as far as I know and he can and will earn more elsewhere. That is his choice. He has to look after his family and I accept that. Good luck to the Laddie except if he faces Hibs. If we can get money for him now to strengthen the team then yes I am all for it and I make no apologies for that. Whether you or Derek himself like it or not he has been part of the collective problem this last year.
Your other comments about the players we have signed is just stupid but I reckon you probably know that.

That would be my view also. Love Deek as a player and his fantastic quality however for whatever reason it hasnt been happening for him (or the team to be fair) and the last thing we need at the moment is the distraction of a will he / wont he signing saga so maybe best for all concerned if he leaves now and we get others in..

Personally think he should go abroad to try a more technical league which will IMO suit him better.

Ray_
28-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Actually think it was well over 200K over 30 years ago,shows how we have fallen.

For the record it was a huge mistake and was the death knell of the Tornados.

£120K to Everton & £12k in tax, total £132k, according to Tom Hart at the time. He also mentioned that the Everton Chairman asked him how he wanted to pay it [instalments] & TH said in 10p pieces, he then wrote the cheque for the full amount.

Beefster
28-01-2011, 10:52 AM
A term you are using loosely of course.

Unfair. You may not agree with a lot of what Andy74 posts but not many of his posts are uninteresting. Anyway, considering some of the pish that gets posted on here, I don't think anyone's in a position to be throwing stones.

bawheid
28-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Unfair. You may not agree with a lot of what Andy74 posts but not many of his posts are uninteresting. Anyway, considering some of the pish that gets posted on here, I don't think anyone's in a position to be throwing stones.

:wink: :agree:

Judas Iscariot
28-01-2011, 11:45 AM

Superb post mate :top marks

Folk on here happy to see him go and start Byrne who could barely score in Division 2 :rolleyes:

Thank **** they're not in charge at ER :agree:

MSK
28-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Superb post mate :top marks

Folk on here happy to see him go and start Byrne who could barely score in Division 2 :rolleyes:

Thank **** they're not in charge at ER :agree:Barely score ..?..7/14 ..? a bit unfair on Byrne is it not ..our other strikers are hardly setting the heather on fire are they..?..in fact our SPL strikers failed to score against a div 2 club in over 180 odd minutes..what does that tell ye ..

Byrne deserves his chance as much as any imo ..

Craig_in_Prague
28-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Barely score ..?..7/14 ..? a bit unfair on Byrne is it not ..our other strikers are hardly setting the heather on fire are they..?..in fact our SPL strikers failed to score against a div 2 club in over 180 odd minutes..what does that tell ye ..

Byrne deserves his chance as much as any imo ..

How many chances were created in the games, or any games, of late.

We could have David Villa and Torres upfront, but we'd still struggle to win games. We don't create anything and just hoof it up the park to NISH .....hahahaha, FFS !!

If we sorted out the rest of the side and got Deek (or any striker) into goal scoring positions then we'll obviously see him get more goals.

Not a surprise Deeks goals have been most dry under Mixu and now this side.

MSK
28-01-2011, 12:25 PM
How many chances were created in the games, or any games, of late.

We could have David Villa and Torres upfront, but we'd still struggle to win games. We don't create anything and just hoof it up the park to NISH .....hahahaha, FFS !!

If we sorted out the rest of the side and got Deek (or any striker) into goal scoring positions then we'll obviously see him get more goals.

Not a surprise Deeks goals have been most dry under Mixu and now this side.I agree...strikers will score given the supply ..i honestly hope these new guys will supply the ammo for whoever is up front ..whether it be Deeks..Duffy..Byrne ..Nish or A.N Other ..

lucky
28-01-2011, 12:27 PM
I want him to stay but if he goes then so be it. hibs will continue. CC wants his own team and it appears Deek is not part of that. Hibs will be more direct and will be more physical. But attempting to play silky football has hardly been successful.

IWasThere2016
28-01-2011, 12:43 PM

:cool2:

Jones28
28-01-2011, 12:47 PM
IF Riordan goes, IF, then hopefully Byrne and Duffy (who are much much quicker than Riordan these days) can play off Trakys or Thompson. Thats the way I see it.

borstalboy
28-01-2011, 12:49 PM
I want him to stay but if he goes then so be it. hibs will continue. CC wants his own team and it appears Deek is not part of that. Hibs will be more direct and will be more physical. But attempting to play silky football has hardly been successful.

:top marks agreed.

IMHO, The SPL is not a league for this nice silky passing football, first and foremost you have to be big and physical and be able to mix it when things are tough. Also, no point in having this passing game when pitches around Nov-Feb are horrendous (and I dont mean we should play the long ball constantly, however, we could do with some natural wingers who aren't scared to take a player on and a target man for when crosses or the long ball is played)!

Andy74
28-01-2011, 12:59 PM

I''ll watch it later when I have access.

It'll be interesting to see the timescale it's over and when the last time some of those things were done.

I once sat and watched the best video I'd ever seen of a striker, top notch goals from all angles with both feet and head, brilliant. I watched it with Alex McLeish and the striker was Hurtado. Funny things video compliations.

TPAKA
28-01-2011, 01:05 PM

It'll be interesting to see the timescale it's over and when the last time some of those things were done.

I once sat and watched the best video I'd ever seen of a striker, top notch goals from all angles with both feet and head, brilliant. I watched it with Alex McLeish and the striker was Hurtado. Funny things video compliations.

Indeed, a bit like opinions.!!! :aok:

Captain Trips
28-01-2011, 01:12 PM
There really does seem to be a lot of looking at what Riordan doesnt do and not a lot of what he does, fine to say Lazy but so are lots of players whom score goals.

Ibrahimovic springs to mind, a lot of folk first thoughts are lazy and not a team man, probably right but what a goal record at his level, same goes for DR good record at this level with similar failings.

Talk of pace and lazy 2 things that the much liked Sauzee in the pace and Latapy perhaps in lazy but due to being likeable never really discussed only the good points and rightfully so as they outweigh any bad aspects.

IMO same for Derek, lazy, no real pace. Can pass a ball and score goals from all over the place, job is to score goals and help others too, the stats IMO say he does that. Hibs will be in bad shape if he goes.

Andy74
28-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Indeed, a bit like opinions.!!! :aok:

Yes and I accept what I said was a bit of a general statement. Of course Derek is capable of scoring all sorts of goals and he has done for years.

I just don't think he is as natural with finishing in one on ones, tap ins, getting on the end of crosses, as he is at making room for himself and striking the ball as brilliantly as he does.

I don't think he is that natural at even getting himself into getting into the positions that natural finishers get themselves into. That's why I suggested that the word finisher is not something I'd really use for Derek in that way.

I'd be in no rush to have Derek leave the club, I hoped when he came back that he'd now be able to settle here for the rest of his career, but, I'm just at a stage where I think that no one player over the last 12 months could say that they have done enough to deserve to stay at Hibs so I've given up being bothered about any of them going.

Captain Trips
28-01-2011, 01:21 PM

Hurtado indeed had a very very respectable goal record before coming to Hibs and I am sure that compilation showed that. IMO it on paper would be a good signing but you watched him scoring goals and being by and large succesful at those clubs, Riordan is doing the same for Hibs as was Hurtado before Hibs, therefore it would suggest as Riordan has showen he is capable of doing the job at Hibs maybe he is worth keeping on as a player can like Hurtado come in and fail even though good CV.

Captain Trips
28-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Liam Miller IMO was signed on memory as was to a lesser extent Stokes, 2 players who had showen good ability in past in those positions but for whatever reasons had fallen away.

Miller has not IMO showen that ability very often so perhaps that gamble was not worth it but I think was worth taking.

Stokes IMO did show his abilty when here and that gamble he could show it again worked though not for bloody long enough.

These 2 guys went through a longer spell of not showing that ability than Derek has as IMo it has been last 10-12mths that Derek hasnt been at his best.

All things considered based on memory would you sign him up again, for me its a gamble worth taking in the hope that ability comes through again.

The 3 guys are less of a gamble than a new player with promise or whom has played at lower level, all signings are gambles with those 3 you have seen capable so its about harnessing that again if possible. Hibs should be looking to sign players whom they believe are capable wether they have proved it or not at this level players of promise are always exciting to see how they do.

At this moment in time I would like us to ensure we keep 1 or 2 whom have shown promise even on memory we have to gamble, Derek is one of them, Miller I am very unsure if he has it to come good again.

Jim44
28-01-2011, 01:51 PM

I agree with every word. In the real world 'self harmers' get psychiatric help. All we'll get is relegation.

Hibbyradge
28-01-2011, 01:56 PM

They haven't signed Deek either.

second of all when he does play we are CREATING NOWT. FFS he is an outstanding finisher, the issue's we have are getting chances for the lad.

How do we explain all the missed chances and the missed penalties?

Kaiser1962
28-01-2011, 02:47 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;2713522]Why would i do that?
[QUOTE]

When we get relegated. Definately happening. Apparently.

Judas Iscariot
28-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Oh dear..

Meltdown imminent

Betty Boop
28-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Oh dear..

Meltdown imminent

Don't tell me, he is gone ?

Judas Iscariot
28-01-2011, 03:13 PM

jonny
28-01-2011, 03:17 PM

is it official? where'd you hear.

Betty Boop
28-01-2011, 03:18 PM

I can't believe he has signed for them ! :boo hoo:

Albanian Hibs
28-01-2011, 03:18 PM

Source :confused:

Diclonius
28-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Why oh ****ing why do we sell our three best players when we're in a relegation battle? I don't give a **** if they sign for someone else afterward, but why now? Do the board honestly just not give a ****?

Mikey
28-01-2011, 03:20 PM
is it official? where'd you hear.

He heard it on the PM board, but he's so desperate to cause a fuss he thought he'd post it on the main board as FACT.

Keith_M
28-01-2011, 03:20 PM

That's a definite is it? To Rangers?

Cropley10
28-01-2011, 03:24 PM
He heard it on the PM board, but he's so desperate to cause a fuss he thought he'd post it on the main board as FACT.

So it's not a fact? It's not happening then? :dunno:

Judas Iscariot
28-01-2011, 03:25 PM

I didn't actually, well, not there 1st..

Lol @ desperate to cause a fuss, brilliant :top marks

jonny
28-01-2011, 03:27 PM

Just a rumour at the moment then.
After hearing this I get the feeling it is imminent though.

Removed
28-01-2011, 03:29 PM

Riordan to the Huns or Fenton to Tynecastle :confused:

Shearer
28-01-2011, 03:31 PM
I heard he has signed a pre-contract yesterday afternoon, as apparently, in his own words, 'no-one else wanted him'. Not even hibs offered him a new deal apparently, so ibrox was his only option! Not really dissapointed if true

Hibby Kay-Yay
28-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Why oh ****ing why do we sell our three best players when we're in a relegation battle? I don't give a **** if they sign for someone else afterward, but why now? Do the board honestly just not give a ****?

Correct, it's in their interest to get us relegated :confused:

Peevemor
28-01-2011, 03:36 PM
I heard he has signed a pre-contract yesterday afternoon, as apparently, in his own words, 'no-one else wanted him'. Not even hibs offered him a new deal apparently, so ibrox was his only option! Not really dissapointed if true

He's not out of contract until the end of the season so there's no real rush from his point of view. He has 6 months until the start of next season.

Hibby Kay-Yay
28-01-2011, 03:37 PM

:jamboak:

Captain Trips
28-01-2011, 03:45 PM
My understanding is Rangers are doing a lot to try and bring in Kris Boyd my friend has stated it is/was in discussion today. It may be a loan at first.

He is unaware of any talk of Riordan but not always privy to everything.

aberhibsfc
28-01-2011, 03:51 PM
I really hope he stays, he belongs at ER.

I fear that the DG situation and Boyd wages may prompt the inbreds to look towards DR. Can't the OF just **** off and die gracefully, the stinking hoardes!!!

Please DR, stay at ER and be part of the new revolution. Petrie, CC, you know what you have to do, we're going to save money in the summer so deal this one in, please.........

MacBean
28-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Riordan to the Huns or Fenton to Tynecastle :confused:

Done Deal :agree:

hibiedude
28-01-2011, 04:03 PM
The only Player we have who knows were the net is and we might lose him to the Huns. :confused:

Well done Petrie you clown :bitchy:

Removed
28-01-2011, 04:05 PM
The only Player we have who knows were the net is and we might lose him to the Huns. :confused:

Key word.

We might just as easily lose him to someone else. or we might not.

marinello59
28-01-2011, 04:06 PM
:faf:
I doubt he would actually expect supporters to be stupid enough to believe a crock like that. No matter what happens with him it's his career so all the best to him but I really don't see a grown man like Deeks resorting to sob stories.

marinello59
28-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Key word.

Beefster
28-01-2011, 04:11 PM

I don't mind folk being upset if Riordan goes. I don't mind folk sharing the blame around (Riordan, his agent, Rodders, Lindsay, Calderwood, Hughes etc).

What's going to get on my thrupennies though is the folk that blame Hibs for everything whilst ignoring the fact that this would be the second time that Riordan has claimed to want to stay whilst signing pre-contracts with the Old Firm.

hibiedude
28-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Key word.

The point i'm making is IF.... R01rdan leaves who will score the Goals that will save our SPL status

Surely if we sell our top scorer to any team you replace him with someone who can find the net...... so who do we have that fits the bill.

The Falcon
28-01-2011, 04:14 PM

Os this up there with Liam Miller signing a pre-contract with the Yams when he got booed ONTO the pitch?

marinello59
28-01-2011, 04:15 PM
I don't mind folk being upset if Riordan goes. I don't mind folk sharing the blame around (Riordan, his agent, Rodders, Lindsay, Calderwood, Hughes etc).

What's going to get on my thrupennies though is the folk that blame Hibs for everything whilst ignoring the fact that this would be the second time that Riordan has claimed to want to stay whilst signing pre-contracts with the Old Firm.

What gets me is people thinking that we have to blame somebody. If the player wants more money than we can afford then he moves on, that's life. Neither the club nor the player are at fault. I still hope he stays but we shall soon find out I suppose.

The Falcon
28-01-2011, 04:16 PM

Very good point well put. I hope its pish and he stays though but, as has been said, we will still be here whatever happens.

marinello59
28-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Os this up there with Liam Miller signing a pre-contract with the Yams when he got booed ONTO the pitch?

That was ridiculous.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2011, 04:19 PM
What gets me is people thinking that we have to blame somebody. If the player wants more money than we can afford then he moves on, that's life. Neither the club nor the player are at fault. I still hope he stays but we shall soon find out I suppose.

Of course the fact there has been a very clever campaign on this site by certain individuals to paint the board as the villains in this situation probably hasn't helped people think rationally.

Shearer
28-01-2011, 04:24 PM
:faf:
I doubt he would actually expect supporters to be stupid enough to believe a crock like that. No matter what happens with him it's his career so all the best to him but I really don't see a grown man like Deeks resorting to sob stories.

I dont think he means it as a sob story, just surprising that he's not had a lot of offers. Im sure he would sign for them anyway regardless of any hibs offer. We'll see if its true or not, wouldnt be too dissapointed tbh

happiehibbie
28-01-2011, 04:26 PM
I have searched everywhere there is nothing confirming this

Sammy7nil
28-01-2011, 04:28 PM

If he goes in this window it is the clubs fault we dont have to sell. We are in a DIRE position and to sell the Top Goalscorer at this time would be madness, let him sign a pre contract but dont let him go until summer.

MSK
28-01-2011, 04:29 PM
I dont think he means it as a sob story, just surprising that he's not had a lot of offers. Im sure he would sign for them anyway regardless of any hibs offer. We'll see if its true or not, wouldnt be too dissapointed tbhWhy is it surprising ..?..on current form i would be surprised if any club were prepared to offer top dollar for him this window..

MSK
28-01-2011, 04:30 PM
I have searched everywhere there is nothing confirming thisPerhaps thats because it is nothing more than conjecture at this moment in time ..

Beefster
28-01-2011, 04:32 PM
If he goes in this window it is the clubs fault we dont have to sell. We are in a DIRE position and to sell the Top Goalscorer at this time would be madness, let him sign a pre contract but dont let him go until summer.

And in the meantime, he continues to contribute nothing (it's not like he's going to be hugely motivated to up his game for Hibs) whilst refusing to do anything that might mean an injury and scupper his new contract?

Dirkster23
28-01-2011, 04:34 PM

and now the OP's deleted the thread on the PM board. I'll believe it when Rangers or Hibs announce it.

The Falcon

Of course the fact there has been a very clever campaign on this site by certain individuals to paint the board as the villains in this situation probably hasn't helped people think rationally.

In ANY situation. CC has spoken to Deeks and, he says, Deeks knows exactly where he stands. If DR then wants to sign for Rangers then, even if wanted to, we couldnt get near the wages on offer so he would go with my best wishes knowing there was little, if anything, that could be done about it.

Winston Ingram
Why is it surprising ..?..on current form i would be surprised if any club were prepared to offer top dollar for him this window..

If we get offered anything we should bite their hands off. His performances have been rank all season and he's probably our highest earner. We could get a better loanee until the end of the season with the cash that's more likely to perform and keep us up

magnificent_seven
28-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Follow Follow is going mad just now. Somone has just announced that he has signed a 3 and a half year deal.

Sammy7nil
28-01-2011, 04:39 PM
And in the meantime, he continues to contribute nothing (it's not like he's going to be hugely motivated to up his game for Hibs) whilst refusing to do anything that might mean an injury and scupper his new contract?

Your right lets stick with Nish Trakys Duffy they are all far better options proven scoring record (one between them this season) etc etc :doh:

Play some one along side him, get the ball to him and Riordan WILL score, play him on his own or give him 20 mins when we are 2 down it wont work, it is not rocket science.

Sammy7nil
28-01-2011, 04:42 PM
If we get offered anything we should bite their hands off. His performances have been rank all season and he's probably our highest earner. We could get a better loanee until the end of the season with the cash that's more likely to perform and keep us up

Ay suggestion who to get on loan to replace a player that has scored 100 goals for this club ?

No? I thought not.

Judas Iscariot
28-01-2011, 04:45 PM

and now the OP's deleted the thread on the PM board. I'll believe it when Rangers or Hibs announce it.

My information didn't cone from the thread on the PM board

Ireallywasthere
28-01-2011, 04:46 PM
If Deek has managed to get a 3 1/2 year deal at the Huns, then good luck to him.
However, I've never really seen him as and Uncle Walter type player - he usually goes for workrate above all else. Fatty Boyd always got dropped for the big games and that may be the same situation for Deek.
If he has gone, we will survive without him. Someone else will get the goals, either a new signing or a player already there.
There are ten teams above us in the league, none have a Deek or anyone near to his striking talent - but they all seem to be doing OK

MSK
28-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Ay suggestion who to get on loan to replace a player that has scored 100 goals for this club ?

No? I thought not.Do you know what Deeks is asking for with regards wages ?

Beefster
28-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Your right lets stick with Nish Trakys Duffy they are all far better options proven scoring record (one between them this season) etc etc :doh:

Play some one along side him, get the ball to him and Riordan WILL score, play him on his own or give him 20 mins when we are 2 down it wont work, it is not rocket science.

I've said elsewhere that if he goes, we will need a striker in. We're already short so can't afford to lose another without a replacement.

You might be right if his form wasn't absolutely honking but it is.

Ten years ago, I probably would have been upset at him going (I was far more upset last time) but I'm too old to be idolising players because of past glories. Like it or not, Riordan's has been as ***** or nearly as the rest of the team in the last year. If you think he's suddenly going to find his form and start banging them in in the next 3 months when he's waiting for another 'big move' to Glasgow, I think you're wrong

Sammy7nil
28-01-2011, 04:55 PM
I've said elsewhere that if he goes, we will need a striker in. We're already short so can't afford to lose another without a replacement.

You might be right if his form wasn't absolutely honking but it is.

Ten years ago, I probably would have been upset at him going (I was far more upset last time) but I'm too old to be idolising players because of past glories. Like it or not, Riordan's has been as ***** or nearly as the rest of the team in the last year. If you think he's suddenly going to find his form and start banging them in in the next 3 months when he's waiting for another 'big move' to Glasgow, I think you're wrong

I think he is the ONLY player in our squad who could, replacments like Thompson fill me with dread. To take £150,000 - £200,000 now would be criminal.

hibiedude
28-01-2011, 04:59 PM

No? I thought not.

I have to laugh at these guys who think replacing R01rdan IF OR WHEN he goes is going to be easy.

Ireallywasthere
28-01-2011, 05:05 PM
I have to laugh at these guys who think replacing R01rdan IF OR WHEN he goes is going to easy.

I don't think it will be easy. But he left before, when arguably he was on better form, and we survived without him. We will again. Players move on.
I never thought he would end his career here, and if he had fulfilled all his early promise then we wouldn't have had a sniff at him second time round

MSK
28-01-2011, 05:05 PM
I have to laugh at these guys who think replacing R01rdan IF OR WHEN he goes is going to be easy.I dont think it will be easy ..but know what ..I will get over it ..im sure hibs will too ..

marinello59
28-01-2011, 05:22 PM
I have to laugh at these guys who think replacing R01rdan IF OR WHEN he goes is going to be easy.

It won't be easy. But if he goes off chasing the money, (and why shouldn't he?), we just have to get on with it.

Sammy7nil
28-01-2011, 05:25 PM
It won't be easy. But if he goes off chasing the money, (and why shouldn't he?), we just have to get on with it.

I think Hibedude agrees with you he is just making the point peeps say off you go now Deek and he wont be missed of course he will be missed and VERY dificult to replace. If goes in the summer he goes with best wishes If he goes now CC and Petrie are mad

Arch Stanton
28-01-2011, 05:34 PM

If we got the ball to Nish, Trakys and Duffy then they would score too - they haven't exactly been scorning chances have they? That isn't rocket science either.

marinello59
28-01-2011, 05:39 PM
I think Hibedude agrees with you he is just making the point peeps say off you go now Deek and he wont be missed of course he will be missed and VERY dificult to replace. If goes in the summer he goes with best wishes If he goes now CC and Petrie are mad

If he does sign a pre-contract with one of our SPL rivals then of course the management have a decision to make. Surely you can see his commitment could be questioned if that were the case. The management would have to call it as they saw fit. Nothing is as black and white as you seem to think it is. If you insist on throwing out blame wouldn't the player share some of it as he doesn't have to sign anything right now?

Sammy7nil
28-01-2011, 05:40 PM
If we got the ball to Nish, Trakys and Duffy then they would score too - they haven't exactly been scorning chances have they? That isn't rocket science either.

yeah they all have a PROVEN record of 15 - 20 + goals a season

Oh Sorry they dont !!!! As far as scoring in Hibs shirt for those 3 it is Rocket Science

Hibee Daz
28-01-2011, 05:43 PM

Have you had a wee afternoon tipple my good man?:drunk:

Even Duffy is a long shot to produce the goods IMO.

Sammy7nil
28-01-2011, 05:43 PM
If he does sign a pre-contract with one of our SPL rivals then of course the management have a decision to make. Surely you can see his commitment could be questioned if that were the case. The management would have to call it as they saw fit. Nothing is as black and white as you seem to think it is. If you insist on throwing out blame wouldn't the player share some of it as he doesn't have to sign anything right now?

Maybe? but if a pre-contract affords him even minimal security should he be injured then no.

HenryMonk
28-01-2011, 05:46 PM
having just jumped onto last page as cant be bothered reading 7 before,

i cant see deeko moving but you never no, and even more importantly is that boro are saying they will pay some of boyds wage for him to get a loan tae huns

nae way watty will sign deeks if this is true and naesmith in team.

the midfeild that CC is building will hopefull give deek a chance to show the doubters (including myself in last few months) that he still knows where back of net is.

Arch Stanton
28-01-2011, 05:49 PM
yeah they all have a PROVEN record of 15 - 20 + goals a season

Oh Sorry they dont !!!! As far as scoring in Hibs shirt for those 3 it is Rocket Science

If you are taking the trouble to reply to my post you might at least answer it. Have or haven't they been passing up on chances?

Also, the only way Riordan will get back to that kind of scoring is if the SFA go back to the pre-World Cup ball as his free kicks have been pretty useless with the new one.

marinello59
28-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Maybe? but if a pre-contract affords him even minimal security should he be injured then no.

And if he signed one could you be 100% sure that he would still be fully committed to us? No lurking fear of injury at the back of his mind? No fear of a potential backlash from the fans affecting his performance as happened to Caldwell. It really isn't that simple is it? Far easier to chuck the toys out the pram and blame Petrie.

Albion Hibs
28-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Cant see Riordan signing for Rangers for the simple fact I dont think Walter Smith rates him as a player.

Brummie_Hibs
28-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Guy on the Tartan Army Message Board saying he has signed a 3.5yr deal at Rangers.

Don't shoot the messenger if untrue.... :dunno:

Hibee Daz
28-01-2011, 06:07 PM
If you are taking the trouble to reply to my post you might at least answer it. Have or haven't they been passing up on chances?

Also, the only way Riordan will get back to that kind of scoring is if the SFA go back to the pre-World Cup ball as his free kicks have been pretty useless with the new one.

Nish has been passing up good chances for a couple of years now, Trakys can't stay fit long enough to get on the end of anything and Duffy only does it in friendly matches with zero pressure!

The three of them aren't fit to lace Deeks boots, I agree with you that Deeks form is rank rotten but he's still quality and I refuse to accept he's turned into a ***** player and will never pick up form again this season.

Nish= Too ***** for too long now.
Trakys= Cart horse.
Duffy= Alan gow mark 2.

Jim44
28-01-2011, 06:10 PM
I've got a feeling that this deal will go through. The punters on FF, however, are fuming at the possibility and have left him without a name. I think he'll be in for a rough ride if he moves to Ibrox and, with all due respect to the guy, I don't think he's got the personality wherewithall to cope with the potential dog's abuse he will get if he doesn't come up to scratch.

Arch Stanton
28-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Nish has been passing up good chances for a couple of years now, Trakys can't stay fit long enough to get on the end of anything and Duffy only does it in friendly matches with zero pressure!

The three of them aren't fit to lace Deeks boots, I agree with you that Deeks form is rank rotten but he's still quality and I refuse to accept he's turned into a ***** player and will never pick up form again this season.

Nish= Too ***** for too long now.
Trakys= Cart horse.
Duffy= Alan gow mark 2.

Hibs have been making good chances for the last two years?

You're sure about that?

Cracker
28-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Have been told Rangers want Deeks but he not intrested :greengrin

TamHibs
28-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Deeks agent on Radio Clyde denying he's signed for them

Hibercelona
28-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Riordan isn't going to Rangers.

He may be moving elsewhere though if further offers come in.

TPAKA
28-01-2011, 09:45 PM

In one word? Pish.

Let's stop playing the whole I'm not wanted pish. If the offer @ ER is good enough, as a supporter I'd like to think he'd stay, if it's not, then likely he'll move on.

Simples really.