PDA

View Full Version : Zemmama to Boro (Merged)

Pages : [1] 2

kentao
27-01-2011, 11:20 AM
He's just left Edinburgh Waverly after buying a return ticket to Darlington.

Make of it what you wish.

scott7_0(Prague)
27-01-2011, 11:22 AM

PMSL.....:taxi

Purehibee_MYB
27-01-2011, 11:24 AM
I wish he was going to see someone about his over-confidence...Spends far too long on the ball recently

spike220
27-01-2011, 11:28 AM
oh my goodness Zemmama has gone on a trip to Darlington!

To be honest his best days are behind him I feel.

johncrobertson@
27-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Reports say he is wanted by Middlesborough on loan. Newsnow Hibernian

bighairyfaeleith
27-01-2011, 11:29 AM
I wish he was going to see someone about his over-confidence...Spends far too long on the ball recently

aye we dinnae want players that are comfortable with a football now do we:rolleyes:

scott7_0(Prague)
27-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Bye Bye Zumma!

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/boro-fc/boro-fc-news/2011/01/27/boro-loan-bid-for-hibs-merouane-zemmama-84229-28065393/

BORO have made a formal approach for Morocco international Merouane Zemmama.

The club are keen to take the 27-year-old Hibs midfielder on loan until the end of the season.

Zemmama, who has seven full Moroccan caps, has just returned to full fitness following a cruciate ligament injury.

At 5ft 7ins, he’s a busy playmaker, who was originally signed for Hibs by Mowbray in 2006, so the Boro boss knows all about the qualities he can bring to the squad.

Zemmama’s Hibs contract is due to run out at the end of the season, which suggests this could be a big opportunity for him if the Scottish club agree to him coming to Teesside.

Zemmama has played 88 games for Hibs in the four-and-a-half years of his contract there, and scored 11 goals.

He has missed a couple of lengthy playing spells through injuries, which have reduced the number of games he has played.

In addition he was allowed to return to Morocco and play for Al Shaab throughout the whole of the 2008-09 season because of personal issues when his wife was refused permission to come to Britain.

Discussions between Boro and Hibs are still at an early stage, but it is assumed that Mowbray still has a good relationship with his former club.

The Boro boss is keen to bring in two or three players if possible before the transfer deadline on Monday.

But he must still try to move on at least one of his financial big-hitters before the deadline in order to release funds for new signings

Read More http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/boro-fc/boro-fc-news/2011/01/27/boro-loan-bid-for-hibs-merouane-zemmama-84229-28065393/#ixzz1CEb9WUHN

lapsedhibee
27-01-2011, 11:36 AM

Time Rod or Scott got proper disciplinary clauses written in to players' contracts:
(1) No going up George St after a game
(2) If you must break (1) then certainly no displays of enjoying yourself there
(3) Absolutely no visiting Darlington or any other northern railway town
etc

H18sry
27-01-2011, 11:37 AM
They can have him if they give us Boyd in return

PeterboroHibee
27-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Reports say he is wanted by Middlesborough on loan. Newsnow Hibernian

That would be ridiculous by Hibs. If he signs a precontract with Boro then we should hang on to him until the end of the season unless they offer either some cash or a player.

Betty Boop
27-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Bye Bye Zumma!

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/boro-fc/boro-fc-news/2011/01/27/boro-loan-bid-for-hibs-merouane-zemmama-84229-28065393/

Gutted if this happens. The only exciting player we have left at Easter Road, sad times indeed.

Booked4Being-Ugly
27-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Middlesbrough's training ground is in Darlington!

lucky
27-01-2011, 11:47 AM
He has been poor since coming back from injury. But why would we let him go loan? If they want him then buy him. I would keep him as he will get better

Craig_in_Prague
27-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Gutted if this happens. The only exciting player we have left at Easter Road, sad times indeed.

Yep,
It seems we're doing everything we can to send us down.

Benched our only real goal threat, our best keeper vanished, Nish, Rankin, McBride all starters again, now we're letting our only playmaker leave.

You couldn't make it up. Seriously.

soproni1
27-01-2011, 11:48 AM
On Sky Sports Transfer centre as well now

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6704258,00.html

Jim44
27-01-2011, 11:49 AM
I can't believe that, given our circumstances, Calderwood and Petrie would allow one of our few potential playmakers to go on loan to another club. If true, it's an indication that there will be no serious attempt to avoid the drop.

hibee_girl
27-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Only Hibs would let one of their most creative players leave when we're in a relegation battle! :rolleyes:

bighairyfaeleith
27-01-2011, 11:50 AM
I reckon there must be someone coming to us in return.

Craig_in_Prague
27-01-2011, 11:52 AM

Aye, and he's called the 1st Division.

greenlex
27-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Only Hibs would let one of their most creative players leave when we're in a relegation battle! :rolleyes:
I know he was injured and has been coming back from it but he hasnt created for a while. No one in our midfield has. Good luck to him His time here is just about over.

Stevie Reid
27-01-2011, 11:54 AM
This would send many over the edge, and see hundreds never return to ER IMHO.

hibee_girl
27-01-2011, 11:56 AM
I know he was injured and has been coming back from it but he hasnt created for a while. No one in our midfield has. Good luck to him His time here is just about over.

I know he hasn't but he's the only one in the midfield who is most likely to do so

PaulSmith
27-01-2011, 11:56 AM
You couldn't make it up eh. Relegation looms and we sell Bamba, look like giving Zemamma away on loan and all we now need is Riordan to move on.

LancashireHibby
27-01-2011, 11:57 AM

Completely agree. And far from being over-confident, I'd suggest he's got virtually zero faith in himself, as was seen last night and on Saturday where he tried to beat the same man three times instead of only going past him the once and then passing/shooting, particularly when he had a clear view of goal at Motherwell but carried on inside instead of having a go at goal. Let's hope we've got a Plan B, though.

flash
27-01-2011, 11:58 AM

Really? i would have driven him down there. It's like watching a 12 year old laddie who has never played in a structured match before.

Edinburgh Green
27-01-2011, 12:00 PM

Willo Flood? :dunno:

Billy Whizz
27-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Willo Flood? :dunno:

I thought he was injured. I would prefer Scott McDonald or Barry Robson, but unlikely.

Perspective
27-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Zemmama needs time to play himself fit and the team isn't exactly set up just now to make the most of his talents. We don't have time to bring him up to speed.

If we had him under contract, fair enough, but he'll leave at the end of the season anyway.

If it's £200k and/or a player in return on loan I think, reluctantly, I'd have to take it.

hibsbollah
27-01-2011, 12:03 PM
I really dont want to believe this.

johncrobertson@
27-01-2011, 12:04 PM
The problem at present is that we have too may players not contributing to the team overall. Thought he was great in the past when he had good players around him. Not sure the way he is playing at present that he is what we need. We need someone who can get around the back of defences at pace - his pace has gone!

It all depends on who replaces him!

Stevie Reid
27-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Really? i would have driven him down there. It's like watching a 12 year old laddie who has never played in a structured match before.

One of the few we have who can produce a bit of magic. Been disappointing since his return but had no preseason and is surely better to have than £200K in the bank.

Houchy
27-01-2011, 12:06 PM
oh my goodness Zemmama has gone on a trip to Darlington!

To be honest his best days are behind him I feel.

I said this on the "official match updaes" thread. He's not, and probably never will be again, half the player since his injuries. It's maybe understandable as if he incurs another one like he just has, he'll be totally finished but the only way that he can get over the injury properly (and get "closure" in his own mind) is to go in for a really hard 50/50 and come through it. That aint going to happen.

Sergey
27-01-2011, 12:07 PM
The SKY link mentions a figure of £200k.

If I'm being honest with myself, that ain't a bad figure for someone who's out of contract in May.

flash
27-01-2011, 12:09 PM
One of the few we have who can produce a bit of magic. Been disappointing since his return but had no preseason and is surely better to have than £200K in the bank.

Sorry Stevie but to me he is a liability. Forever taking the ball too deep and losing it causing us no end of problems as most of the team are further up the park.

He has had his moments but they have been too few and too far between for me.

Keith_M
27-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Can anyone honestly name ONE good display since he came back from injury?

:dunno:

Unfortunately, he was touted by some as the second coming and the poor guy couldn't possibly live up to the hype. Given his percentage of games played in his time here, added to the fact that he could possibly take a while to get match fit again, maybe CC reckons the gamble is all too much and he'd prefer somebody he thinks he can rely on in a relegation battle.

I'm not saying the guy doesn't have skill, it's just that we've seen precious little of it and could possibly have seen little more, once he's injured again.

Good luck to you Zouma and you leave with my best wishes.

Stevie Reid
27-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Sorry Stevie but to me he is a liability. Forever taking the ball too deep and losing it causing us no end of problems as most of the team are further up the park.

He has had his moments but they have been too few and too far between for me.

Fair dos mate. I'd rather have someone who is capable of producing something special in the hope that it might get us out from where we are, but I can understand your reservations.

scott7_0(Prague)
27-01-2011, 12:11 PM
If true, it's an indication that there will be no serious attempt to avoid the drop.

I doubt that at all.....

A little dramatic is it not!!

bingo70
27-01-2011, 12:16 PM
If you were to replace Zemmama with a second striker in the games against Celtic and Rangers we would have put them under far more pressure than we did do so i'd not be overly bothered if we left....as long as we bring in another forward.

I think the problem with Zouma is he doesn't have a natural position so if we're trying to become a more solid harder to beat unit then the only place he'd fit in would be in a floating role behind the front man which then means your a striker down straight away.

flash
27-01-2011, 12:21 PM
If you were to replace Zemmama with a second striker in the games against Celtic and Rangers we would have put them under far more pressure than we did do so i'd not be overly bothered if we left....as long as we bring in another forward.

I think the problem with Zouma is he doesn't have a natural position so if we're trying to become a more solid harder to beat unit then the only place he'd fit in would be in a floating role behind the front man which then means your a striker down straight away.

And then he goes wandering off after the ball leaving the striker completely isolated.

scoopyboy
27-01-2011, 12:23 PM
The SKY link mentions a figure of £200k.

If I'm being honest with myself, that ain't a bad figure for someone who's out of contract in May.

Tend to agree Sergey.

If we get £200,000 and its reinvested into the playing side right away then I would be tempted to take it.

He looks to me like he will never get back to his form and better to cash in now.

Barney McGrew
27-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Zemmama was as good as a man short last night. He didn't do anything to get involved in the game, and the few times he did get the ball he overplayed it and lost it. The only time he looked interested is when we had a free kick around the box that he wanted to take.

When he's on his game, he's a fantastic player, but even when he was fit that would maybe be one game in five. In our current situation we can't afford to carry any passengers and on current form, that's exactly what he is.

bingo70
27-01-2011, 12:26 PM
And then he goes wandering off after the ball leaving the striker completely isolated.

:agree:

Exactly.

I know at this club we've got a habit of hounding out our good players and i don't want it to sound like i'm doing that with Zouma as he is a genuinely good player and in the irght team with the right players around him he could be an asset to any side, i just think for the players we have and where we are right now he's not the right fit for our team so with him being out of contract in the summer if we can get a decent offer for him it moght make sense to sell him.

As long as we replace him with another more conventional forward.

IFONLY
27-01-2011, 12:27 PM

I would presume he is coming back!!!!!!!

Winston Ingram
27-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Leigh Miller coming the other way?

Scouse Hibee
27-01-2011, 12:29 PM
He's a luxury at the best of times but one we can ill afford in a relegation battle!

GreenCastle
27-01-2011, 12:30 PM
He has been poor since coming back from injury. But why would we let him go loan? If they want him then buy him. I would keep him as he will get better

Hasn't hit the form he has previously - but he was out injured a long time :agree:

You also have to remember he is playing with several muppets around him.

Ken
27-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Zemmama isn't the type of player we need when we are in a relegation battle. He's a decent player and when he's on song he's brilliant but for me it only happens when we are high in confidence and he is effectively given a free role.

We need to revert to a 4-4-2 with 11 players on the pitch that will battle for every ball.

Bottom line is Zemmama is a luxury we can't afford to have at this time. :agree:

The Harp Awakes
27-01-2011, 12:33 PM
The problem at present is that we have too may players not contributing to the team overall. Thought he was great in the past when he had good players around him. Not sure the way he is playing at present that he is what we need. We need someone who can get around the back of defences at pace - his pace has gone!

Well our track record of shipping out quality players for cash and replacing them with dross doesn't fill you with confidence.

I would assume Zouma is one of the higher paid players at ER and it looks like RP is trying to get him off the wage bill.

Sad times indeed. The last player in the squad that can generate any sort of excitement amongst the fans and it looks like he is being punted out earlier than he needs to be.

You begin to wonder whether the Board and management are accepting we are heading for the 1st division.

Golden Bear
27-01-2011, 12:35 PM
The wee man is probably the only saleable asset we have. (youngsters excluded)

I can't imagine that other Clubs will be queing up to sign up any of the remaining "stars" whose contracts expire in the summer.

Craig_in_Prague
27-01-2011, 12:36 PM
I understand the wee man is still struggling to get back to form, but we KNOW he has some form in him, and something to offer in the final 3rd. So IF we have sorted out the pathetic midfield with the latest signings, I was hoping we'd have more of the ball in games and he'd see more of it.

Bamba, Zouma and probably Deek to leave next.

We find good reasons for them to leave, Yet we still have Nish, Rankin, McBride etc all playing from the start. :rolleyes:

CC better have something up his sleave, coz this all seems like some sick joke. We are woeful and getting worse! Getting rid of our best talent, just doesn't make sense.
If he makes us hard to beat and we scrape enough points to stay up, then adds some creativity in the summer, then in heindsight it maybe will have made sense.

Peevemor
27-01-2011, 12:39 PM
If he goes just now, it'll be nothing to do with the nominal fee we'll get.

We've got to let CC assemble his team. If Zouma going frees up a wage for someone else coming in then so be it.

There have been hundreds of posts on here recently about binning the entire squad, but everyone starts going ape when it looks like someone is being moved on. :wtf:

Jack
27-01-2011, 12:39 PM
In the unlikely event we ever score again, IMO, its likely to come through him or by him. He just needs a wee bit more match practice to get right back in there – before he’s injured again.

.Sean.
27-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Tend to agree Sergey.
If we get £200,000 and its reinvested into the playing side right away then I would be tempted to take it.
He looks to me like he will never get back to his form and better to cash in now.If the cash was to be reinvested i'd say take it, he's been poor recently and I can't see him signing a new deal. But this is Hibs and the money received won't be reinvested so i'd like to keep him.

hibsbollah
27-01-2011, 12:45 PM
He's been back less than a month from a cruciate injury. Our most entertaining and talented player in many years, and is exactly the kind of player you need in a relegation battle-he scores goals and creates them.

GloryGlory
27-01-2011, 12:47 PM
In the unlikely event we ever score again, IMO, its likely to come through him or by him. He just needs a wee bit more match practice to get right back in there – before he’s injured again.

Great idea for a new song:

And you'll never score again
You'll never score again...

:devil: :devil:

Golden Bear
27-01-2011, 12:49 PM
He's been back less than a month from a cruciate injury. Our most entertaining and talented player in many years, and is exactly the kind of player you need in a relegation battle-he scores goals and creates them.

I agree.

The wee man was out of the game for a while and it's only natural that he'll need a few games before he regains his touch.

Andy74
Tend to agree Sergey.

He looks to me like he will never get back to his form and better to cash in now.

200 k would do me too if we are able to reinvest on a player for the future. I like zouma a lot but he's not quite there yet and unlikely to be here beyond the summer.

Probably not one for the relegation fight.

Gatecrasher

Exactly.

I know at this club we've got a habit of hounding out our good players and i don't want it to sound like i'm doing that with Zouma as he is a genuinely good player and in the irght team with the right players around him he could be an asset to any side, i just think for the players we have and where we are right now he's not the right fit for our team so with him being out of contract in the summer if we can get a decent offer for him it moght make sense to sell him.

As long as we replace him with another more conventional forward.

im finding my self agreeing with a lot of what your posting, including this.

Keep it up :aok:

Mark79
27-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Makes me worry about set up of team going forward. No midfield creativity will be left in the squad. Just average break up play/enforcers like the two midfielders signed so far. Looks like this long ball stuff missing the midfield is the way of thinking.

Bad times ahead i fear.

bingo70
27-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Makes me worry about set up of team going forward. No midfield creativity will be left in the squad. Just average break up play/enforcers like the two midfielders signed so far. Looks like this long ball stuff missing the midfield is the way of thinking.

Bad times ahead i fear.

I think the plan would be to have two central midfield players to break things up then two wide players to create things, dundee utd and hearts have been the best teams outside the old firm over the last year or so and thats how they set up so probably the best way to go.

Can't create anything without the ball.

Green_one
27-01-2011, 01:00 PM

Bad times ahead i fear.

Long ball to Nish. Dear God we are doomed!!!

Basically the window will mean we have sold two decent layers and got a bunch of boys and gritty midfielders. And the goals will come from where? Are we all just reduced to the 'beat Hamilton' scenario? CC better be pulling a very big rabbit out of the bag.

Golden Bear
27-01-2011, 01:00 PM

Bad times ahead i fear.

Hopefully not.

Looks like CC is working on bringing in an entirely new midfield as he sees that's where the root of the problem is.

Hopefully the incoming players will show a bit more desire and skill.

Albion Hibs
27-01-2011, 01:03 PM
aye we dinnae want players that are comfortable with a football now do we:rolleyes:

There is a difference between feeling comfortable with the ball and;

- Running into players,
- Running the ball out of play,
- Taking 1,010 touches when 5 would probably do,
- Missing penalties,
- Running at an open goal and then deciding to cut back into the right thigh of the opposing CH,
- Loosing the ball, resulting in giving away a free kick, which leads to the loss of a goal.

He cost us two goals last week, I would give him a portion of the blame for last nights first goal, so if he goes he goes.

For what it is worth, I think he can be a good player when he is more sensible and not trying to get himself in the shop window.

There is a lot of sh&&e above about not ever going to be as good following his injury and of course the usual "past it" shout. He is probably still a mile away from being match fit as apposed to a broken player and will never be fixed, but the above usually comes when we thing a player is going to leave us anyway!

cad
27-01-2011, 01:10 PM
One of the most entertaining players Ive ever seen at Easter Road on his day .
But he got a dull one hes been out for months ,hes a bit jaded which is only to be expected and is going to take time to get back up to speed ,
Time that WE dont have TBH .

GreenPJ

Bad times ahead i fear.

You haven't seen the two new boys play for us :confused: We are missing the midfield just now because whenever the ball goes in there its getting lost closer to our goal.

I am sure (and certainly hope) that CC's long term aim is not long ball but you need players in the midfield first who will keep the ball and then do something with it (even if that is a 5-10 yard pass to a wide player who will take on their opposite number).

blackpoolhibs
There is a difference between feeling comfortable with the ball and;

- Running into players,
- Running the ball out of play,
- Taking 1,010 touches when 5 would probably do,
- Missing penalties,
- Running at an open goal and then deciding to cut back into the right thigh of the opposing CH,
- Loosing the ball, resulting in giving away a free kick, which leads to the loss of a goal.

He cost us two goals last week, I would give him a portion of the blame for last nights first goal, so if he goes he goes.

For what it is worth, I think he can be a good player when he is more sensible and not trying to get himself in the shop window.

There is a lot of sh&&e above about not ever going to be as good following his injury and of course the usual "past it" shout. He is probably still a mile away from being match fit as apposed to a broken player and will never be fixed, but the above usually comes when we thing a player is going to leave us anyway!

At last you are coming round to Murray being past it, well done. :top marks

down the slope
Last night Zemmama and Mcbride were either side of a Rangers midfielder who never had to jump to win the ball-no challenge from either of them and we were under pressure once more. He is a great wee player when fit and the pitches are dry but plowtering through a Scottish winter is not his game. By the way i wonder why Mowbray is not taking Hogg back to Boro ?.

Stevie Reid
27-01-2011, 01:17 PM
A little dramatic is it not!!

Not really when you look at last night's attendance. I keep hearing how people will stop going unless we stop selling our best players - inconsistency aside, he's the kind of player people will pay to see.

I wasn't referring to myself btw, I'll still buy my season ticket when we're in the 1st division next year.

Albion Hibs
27-01-2011, 01:19 PM
At last you are coming round to Murray being past it, well done. :top marks

Think you are on the wrong thread little man.

Sergey
27-01-2011, 01:21 PM
By the way i wonder why Mowbray is not taking Hogg back to Boro ?.

He did swoop for Shelton Martis when he was at WBA :aok:

IIRC, we trousered £50k.

THAT is the best piece of business that the club has ever done!

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2011, 01:21 PM
Good as he is, he's leaving. It could be now but if not it will be in the summer. Is he a player who will get us out of trouble, not with this current team imo. Although with the new signings maybe?

Although yet again, we are signing a few new faces, but have lost Bamba who we do miss imo, and Zemamma looks to be on his way. They give us with one hand, and take away with the other.:rolleyes: 2 players who most folk would have in the 1st 11. Somethings just does not add up eh?

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Think you are on the wrong thread little man.

Little man. :thumbsup::thumbsup::faf:

Caroline Hibby
27-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Mowbray to make a bid according to SKY SPORTS. That would explain the Darlington train.

sixtwo
27-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Willo Flood in return?

LancashireHibby
27-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Does this mean we might revert to two up front instead of having said luxury player wandering about and leaving a stranded striker on his own?

Thecat23
27-01-2011, 01:38 PM
After last night and since his return he's offered us nothing. Was like playing with a man short last night. Sell him!

sixtwo
27-01-2011, 01:41 PM
He did swoop for Shelton Martis when he was at WBA :aok:

IIRC, we trousered £50k.

THAT is the best piece of business that the club has ever done!

Martis had a bad spell at us but he's probably better than every defender we have just now. That is saying something as I remember he loved an own goal almost as much as darren dodds does.

Since leaving hibs he has played at a higher level than the spl so he can't be all bad.

Golden Bear
27-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Willo Flood in return?

I've a feeling this could lead to a spate of signings.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Does this mean we might revert to two up front instead of having said luxury player wandering about and leaving a stranded striker on his own?

Said luxury player is just back from A CRUCIATE INJURY, and is nowhere near fit enough yet. Said luxury player was one if not our best player before injuring himself last season, and is not a centre forward. Calderwood selects the one forward tactics. Still by the looks of it, we wont have to put up with the little wage thief much longer, and we could see a partnership of Duffy and Nish pull us out this poor run of form.

killie-hibby
27-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Well our track record of shipping out quality players for cash and replacing them with dross doesn't fill you with confidence.

I would assume Zouma is one of the higher paid players at ER and it looks like RP is trying to get him off the wage bill.

Sad times indeed. The last player in the squad that can generate any sort of excitement amongst the fans and it looks like he is being punted out earlier than he needs to be.

You begin to wonder whether the Board and management are accepting we are heading for the 1st division.

I have the same feeling regards Board and coaching staff being resigned to relegation. This windows signings to date seem geared more for the future rather than building a team capable of avoiding relegation. CC's inconsistant team selections indicate an assessment of the squad to find out who will stay or be punted. Hopes of staying up are evaporating. Even the bookies are shortening their odds. Two weeks ago you could get 14/1, today the best is 5/1.
The prognosis is now terminal.

khib70
27-01-2011, 01:46 PM
After last night and since his return he's offered us nothing. Was like playing with a man short last night. Sell him!
Rubbish. He was, as he's so often been, the only one trying to create anything last night.

There was someone who was like playing with a man short - in fact he replaced Zemmama. But he is, of course, on no account to be criticised.

Can't believe that so many want to see the only footballer in our midfield emptied. Relegation threat (knees begin to jerk) - let's get in a squad of sweaty hammer throwers who commit spectacular fouls, but can' t do a thing on the ball.

Pathetic

PatHead
27-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Wish we could get Barry Robson on loan as part of the deal. Exactly what we are needing. Experience, can take a free kick, win a tackle etc

Aldo
27-01-2011, 01:47 PM
A swap and or money?? Would we take Willo Flood or Lee Miller???

I would take the Willo Flood from his United days ...excellent player with a bit of dig.

Lee Miller...better than Nish??

Sorry but Duffy is not the answer maybe Byrne deserves a wee chance???

Will be sorry to see Zemmama go but to injury prone and inconsistent.

On his day has potential to be one of the best in the country. He will be away.

PS if we do get 200k...do you think CC may make or up a bid for Rooney???

sixtwo
27-01-2011, 01:48 PM
God... Never mind.. When one door shuts.. Another slams in your face!!:brickwall

Zouma is broken. He'll no be fixed for another couple of months. He might never recover from that cruciate damage. He is like Yantorno. Bring in someone new!:wink:

At The Edge
27-01-2011, 01:49 PM
On his day Zouma is amazing, that day hasn't been seen in a while, it will probably be a better move for him, playing a decent league, better quality of player around him
CC main concern right now is keeping us up, if Zouma goes and he brings in a decent striker then i think we'd be all the better for it.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Rubbish. He was, as he's so often been, the only one trying to create anything last night.

There was someone who was like playing with a man short - in fact he replaced Zemmama. But he is, of course, on no account to be criticised.

Can't believe that so many want to see the only footballer in our midfield emptied. Relegation threat (knees begin to jerk) - let's get in a squad of sweaty hammer throwers who commit spectacular fouls, but can' t do a thing on the ball.

Pathetic

:agree::top marks

Lago
27-01-2011, 01:50 PM

Based on what I saw last night didn't create much at all.

ScottB
27-01-2011, 01:53 PM
I've a feeling this could lead to a spate of signings.

Or it could just be a damp squib...

Speedway
27-01-2011, 01:54 PM

Pathetic

He wasn't the only one trying to create last night AT ALL!!

Towell got more balls into the box than he did. Booth and even De Spraff got more balls up to the front than he did.

Zoumer fannied around endlessly with no pace and Rangers picked him off at will, hence why he got subbed.

His one job all night was to take the ball from McBride and Murray and play Nish in.

He did not do this.

hibsbollah
27-01-2011, 01:55 PM

Pathetic
:top marks

The Falcon
27-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Read the posts thinking we would be mad to let him go but I would say he as about 4 months left on a contract. We dont know if he's been offered a contract and turned it down or not even offered one. :dunno:
But as he is he is no good to us just now and we cant wait and see.

If the guys who are saying we're doomed if he goes are right, then we get relegated. If CC is right then we wont.

We can bump our gums all we want but, with 4 days left, there is nothing we can do about it. Targets have been identified and we are in the process of trying to get them here. Zouma is one of the most gifted players I have seen at ER in many years but, like his buddy, we dont see it often enough.

sixtwo
27-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Loan does not make sense unless there is something in it for us. Fee for the loan is not enough to make us want to part with one of our most influencial (albeit recovering from serious injury) playmakers. In reallity we are in a relegation battle just now. If he goes I'd expect to see quality players replace him. When i say quality i do not mean 1st division players, injured unproven players or 19 yr old reserves who have little first team experience.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2011, 01:59 PM
He wasn't the only one trying to create last night AT ALL!!

Towell got more balls into the box than he did. Booth and even De Spraff got more balls up to the front than he did.

Zoumer fannied around endlessly with no pace and Rangers picked him off at will, hence why he got subbed.

His one job all night was to take the ball from McBride and Murray and play Nish in.

He did not do this.

Zemamma has not played well since he returned from injury, although this is typical of a player with that injury.

We are in a relegation battle, and its only human nature to want players who will battle for the cause, and give that 100% every game.

Imo the trouble with that kind of thinking is its short term thinking. We end up with a team of Ian Murrays and Ed DeGraffs, with little creativity and little excitement.

Speedway
27-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Zemamma has not played well since he returned from injury, although this is typical of a player with that injury.

We are in a relegation battle, and its only human nature to want players who will battle for the cause, and give that 100% every game.

Imo the trouble with that kind of thinking is its short term thinking. We end up with a team of Ian Murrays and Ed DeGraffs, with little creativity and little excitement.

And apart from the odd 12 month spell of a Mowbray or Collins aside, how is that different from the long term history of Hibs?

It's been a long time since Zoumer had an end product. I'm thinking the 20 yarder at ER against the Buddies is the last piece of magic that springs to mind.

He has not given us value for money in terms of games he's available for, any run of form has got him looking for a move and he's out of contract.

I'd much rather have 11 players that can move the ball up the pitch than pinning my hopes on some little lad who plays half a season to be given the ball and go *trickystampytrickytrickstertrickstepoverflickstam py....lost the ball*

Bored with waiting for him to come good. Get shut of him and let's build a midfield.

cam75
27-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Leigh Miller coming the other way?
Would take that

hibsbollah
27-01-2011, 02:08 PM
And apart from the odd 12 month spell of a Mowbray or Collins aside, how is that different from the long term history of Hibs?

It's been a long time since Zoumer had an end product. I'm thinking the 20 yarder at ER against the Buddies is the last piece of magic that springs to mind.

He has not given us value for money in terms of games he's available for, any run of form has got him looking for a move and he's out of contract.

I'd much rather have 11 players that can move the ball up the pitch than pinning my hopes on some little lad who plays half a season to be given the ball and go *trickystampytrickytrickstertrickstepoverflickstam py....lost the ball*

Bored with waiting for him to come good. Get shut of him and let's build a midfield.

You're 'bored waiting'?? he's had 5 games since his injury, less than a month. Its total madness, I can barely believe what im reading on here:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2011, 02:14 PM

Last season he was having his best season at the club, he was playing well, he came good. As much as i like him, and think he owes us, i'm not stupid enough to think he cares one jot. And he will be off, probably now definitely in the summer.

The thing i get annoyed with is we are bringing in players, better midfielders or so i'm told. I'd have thought it might have been to complement Zemamma, but no, it seems he's off. Like Bamba we will all say good riddance, but once again its one of our better players thats gone, and our history tells us they rarely get replaced with better.

Broken Gnome
27-01-2011, 02:14 PM

Well if you complete ignore the first half of last season, even up to the point he had a brilliant first half when Rangers tanked us at Ibrox, you'd be right. Other than that, you'd be wrong.

truehibernian
27-01-2011, 02:18 PM
I am biased, as I love the wee man. I think it would be football suicide to sell him now.

You only had to see the lift he gave the support when he came on v Dundee Utd, see the bums rise out their seats when he gets the ball, and hear the lift and support (crucial word there) he gives the stadium.

He is just back from a lengthy injury, thrown into a team perhaps earlier than would be liked, into a side bereft of confidence, scared to carry the ball, and determined at times to play themselves into trouble or resort to long ball.

Terrible, terribe decision on ALL fronts IMHO........I just don't think the board have a clue when it comes to the bigger picture I really don't. Best defender sold minutes into the window right before a derby, most creative player looking to be sold, and Riordan looking elsewhere too (although my opinion is to let him run down until summer). Three huge decisions which will have a horrible bearing on the season.

BigKev
27-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Very surprised at this and a little dismayed.

The lack of creativity we have has been well highlighted and I'm very disappointed he's been allowed to move on.

What we are trying to achieve with this is beyond me and CC surely has a surprise or two up his sleeve. Let's hope so anyway.

Good luck to Zemmama anyway.

aberhibsfc
27-01-2011, 02:25 PM
I really hope this was just to visit some old friends.

I don't think Hibs are in a position to loan one of our best players to anyone. It's not like Middlesborough can't outspend us. They have the likes of Thompson who will be well out of our range but still on our wish list.

Mowbray must rate him, he was one of his signings os there could be smoke there's a fire. But for all his fond connections with Hibs, this doesn't work the other way when he pulls Grounds back to Boro. Mind you, some would say that was doing us a favour. He can't have his cake and eat it, unless he was to make some significant player or monetary arrangement.

Wouldn't surprise me if he snapped up Zemmama on a free in the summer, i'd be gutted.

Cropley10
27-01-2011, 02:30 PM

Exactly.

Didn't he slalom through the whole of the Rangers team and score a goal within 12 secs a year ago?

Is there anyone else with his skill and talent in the Hibs team? I don't think there is?

But this will be 'sold' as another cracking piece of business...

Sergio sledge
27-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Last season he was having his best season at the club, he was playing well, he came good. As much as i like him, and think he owes us, i'm not stupid enough to think he cares one jot. And he will be off, probably now definitely in the summer.

The thing i get annoyed with is we are bringing in players, better midfielders or so i'm told. I'd have thought it might have been to complement Zemamma, but no, it seems he's off. Like Bamba we will all say good riddance, but once again its one of our better players thats gone, and our history tells us they rarely get replaced with better.

:agree: If this is a loan deal it is madness, if it is for £200k then IMHO it is madness too, Zouma is the type of player who can create something special (he's not done it for a while but he was having a brilliant season last season before he got injured) and even if he's not starting, he would be a better option on the bench than anyone else in our squad.

IMHO Zouma's injury and Bamba's loss of form were the biggest factors in our form tailing off last season. If we let Zouma go now and are left relying on Rankin coming off the bench in the last 15mins of the last game of the season to try to keep us up I will despair.

LancashireHibby
27-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Exactly.

Didn't he slalom through the whole of the Rangers team and score a goal within 12 secs a year ago?

Is there anyone else with his skill and talent in the Hibs team? I don't think there is?

But this will be 'sold' as another cracking piece of business...

But it isn't about what he did 12 months ago, it's about what he's been doing (or not, in this case) when we've really needed it in the past few weeks.

Sir David Gray
27-01-2011, 02:38 PM
People are saying that getting £200,000 for someone who is out of contract in a few months is a good piece of business, but what you have to ask yourself is, how much would relegation cost us?

A little more than £200,000, I would imagine.

I know Zemmama hasn't been great since his return from injury but he's still the only midfielder at the club, that we know can create chances and turn games in our favour. I've not seen Thornhill or Scott yet so I can't comment on them but losing Zemmama just now, could be a huge mistake for this club.

Cropley10
27-01-2011, 02:42 PM
But it isn't about what he did 12 months ago, it's about what he's been doing (or not, in this case) when we've really needed it in the past few weeks.

ACL rehab and 9+ months out and only 5 games back.

LancashireHibby
27-01-2011, 02:49 PM
ACL rehab and 9+ months out and only 5 games back.

Do we have time to wait for him to rediscover his old form rather than taking what is a very good offer and use it towards a replacement?

Cropley10
27-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Do we have time to wait for him to rediscover his old form rather than taking what is a very good offer and use it towards a replacement?

Do we have time to find a replacement?

We sure as hell need some creativity in this team and I'd see wee Zouma giving us this.

essexhibee
27-01-2011, 03:01 PM
If Zouma goes it will be horrendous..

This day just got a whole lot worse.

Riordan and Zouma offski would see us down for definiate. Hibs must hold out if they want any hope of staying up.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Do we have time to find a replacement?

We sure as hell need some creativity in this team and I'd see wee Zouma giving us this.

Some folk wont be happy until every player with the smallest piece of talent are out the door. Leaving us with a squad full of complete dross, that can run through brick walls. And by the way they pass the ball and control it, most have. (bored****inrigedsmiley)

eastmainsmsh
27-01-2011, 03:06 PM

Swap for Lee Miller and Barry Robson would be ideal :aok:

blairwallace
27-01-2011, 03:07 PM
on BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9377777.stm

JimBHibees
27-01-2011, 03:07 PM
If Zouma goes it will be horrendous..

This day just got a whole lot worse.

Riordan and Zouma offski would see us down for definiate. Hibs must hold out if they want any hope of staying up.

Not on current form it wouldnt. A little surprised with the loan nature of it however would imagine that CC will be bringing players in to replace who may be more consistent and less injury prone. After Ayr alot of people said there should be a cull of first team players, I agreed then and still agree.

ForeverHibs93
27-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Why are so many, desperate to get rid of what I'd say is our only playmaker, he's been poor since his return from injury he was out almost a year? and has been back less than a month, give the guy a break:confused: . This is the problem with Scottish football we'd rather see graffters than players who can create something, IMO it would be a huge mistake to lose Zouma in the situation we are in. If we've offered him a contract and he knocked us back fair enough, but if we haven't then we need to. Maybe a pay as you play deal?

Col2
27-01-2011, 03:32 PM
You couldn't make it up eh. Relegation looms and we sell Bamba, look like giving Zemamma away on loan and all we now need is Riordan to move on.

Skysports now reporting that Huns want him. If he signs pre-contract they will get him for buttons now as they know Hibs wont want to play a player who could get abuse for next 5 months.

NAE NOOKIE
27-01-2011, 04:01 PM
With the lad from Liverpool ( if confirmed ) and the Czech keeper ( if confirmed ) that would make 1 keeper 1 defender and 3 midfeld players signed.

As far as I am aware Hibs havnt spent any money yet, so if we can raise a few hundred thousand for a striker and a centre half, thats half a team.

Zouma hasn't done anything in two years, so it can hardly be said he would be missed.

Nothing against the lad and I wish him good luck elsewhere.

I know the lad can be spectacular on his day, but so is an eclipse of the sun and how often do either happen.

lapsedhibee
27-01-2011, 04:47 PM

A very timely suggestion. Wasn't Boyd the last hun, before yesterday, to elbow one of our players in the face and not get sent off? Zemmama, if I remember aright. Or has there been another one since then? :dunno:

JimBHibees
27-01-2011, 04:48 PM
With the lad from Liverpool ( if confirmed ) and the Czech keeper ( if confirmed ) that would make 1 keeper 1 defender and 3 midfeld players signed.

As far as I am aware Hibs havnt spent any money yet, so if we can raise a few hundred thousand for a striker and a centre half, thats half a team.

Zouma hasn't done anything in two years, so it can hardly be said he would be missed.

I know the lad can be spectacular on his day, but so is an eclipse of the sun and how often do either happen.

Great line. :thumbsup::faf:

LancashireHibby
27-01-2011, 04:52 PM

I was under the impression we'd paid a fee when signing Scott from Ross County, could be wrong though.

The Falcon
27-01-2011, 04:53 PM
A very timely suggestion. Wasn't Boyd the last hun, before yesterday, to elbow one of our players in the face and not get sent off? Zemmama, if I remember aright. Or has there been another one since then? :dunno:

Think it was more of a fore-arm smash. Zouma was doing ok that day till then.

PONGO
27-01-2011, 05:04 PM
The wee man is the only good player we have at the club. I would be gutted if he left.

GreenCastle
27-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Boro fans not getting too excited about this by the sounds of things.

Considering Hibs stood by Zemmama through injury I wouldn't be too happy if he decided to leave now.......unless the club want the money ?!

benrocky
27-01-2011, 05:21 PM

He will never get back to where he was punt.

PeterboroHibee
27-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Really dont know what to make of it if he does go. As has been said, Zemmama is probably the only player in our team with any real flair, who can really make things happen. Id also say he owes us after all the stuff a few years ago with his wife and the countless injuries weve had to put up with.

But there is also the negatives of it all; he always gets injured so we never seem to have him for more than half a season at the most, and given that he is quite inconsistant, can be a bit of a passenger for about half the time he is fit! Also think with this horrible hoofball we are playing at the moment, he isnt going to get on the ball enough to really have the right impact. Everything should go through him, not lumped up to a striker to rarely win and then Zemmama to feed on the few balls that do actually drop to his feet.

fatbloke
27-01-2011, 05:48 PM

Katie:devil:

CropleyWasGod
27-01-2011, 05:49 PM

If he wasn't injured...in a heartbeat.

RickyS
27-01-2011, 05:52 PM

even with his broken leg I would expect a more effective performance than any of the current mob

Kaiser1962
27-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Boro fans not getting too excited about this by the sounds of things.

Considering Hibs stood by Zemmama through injury I wouldn't be too happy if he decided to leave now.......unless the club want the money ?!

Or he has no intention of staying past the summer?

NeilOrrSquareBa
27-01-2011, 06:13 PM
FFS
Does no one think he WANTS to go and that we can't offer him any incentive to stay? Surely the money he'd get at Boro would triple his wages? We could't get anywhere near there right?
Right now all he can see is a team destimed for a lower league and less chance for self improvement.
It's a big bad world out there and it does not revolve around Hibs!

Jack
27-01-2011, 06:14 PM

I was under the impression we'd paid a fee when signing Scott from Ross County, could be wrong though.

£100,000 was the figure I saw quoted.

Arch Stanton
27-01-2011, 06:19 PM

I agree that there isn't a lot of joy to be had watching his skills on the ball when you know it is just the precursor to an opposition break away.

I think his biggest problem is that he can't play wide - even last season when he was supposed to be so good he would drift in to the middle often bumping into Riordan drifting in from the other side. (OK, a bit of exaggeration there.)

And his second biggest problem is that he can't really play through the middle either because he hangs on to the ball too long.

I could see him being more successful down south actually - there will be more space for him to work in.

Hibs07p
27-01-2011, 06:43 PM
PMSL.....:taxi

It's no wonder, Hibs fans, with few posts, want to divulge information, good or bad on this board, when you're in danger of being branded a Jambo.:tsk tsk:

Gala Foxes
27-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Boro ?

Darlo in the Blue Square more like

ScottB
27-01-2011, 06:54 PM
I like Zemmama, great wee player on his day.

But isn't that his, and by extension, our who squads problem? We have some talented players for sure, but they only display that talent once every few games at best. We have 'talented' players who seem to live off the glow of some piece of skill they produced last October through months of poor performances, whole others are 'huddies' regardless of any brighter performances they sometimes turn in.

In any case, Zouma can turn it on with the best of them when he's on his day, but that day is an infrequent event. That coupled with playing in a league where he will find himself more likely than not being kicked off the ball if he does manage to produce anything good leads him to either underperform or be injured sadly.

Not that I want to lose him in a hurry, as it's not the time to be shedding fan favourites when we need everyone on board, but personally I'd have questioned the intelligence of offering him a new deal anyway. If we manage to get somebody decent in from 'Boro in exchange then I think we could do well out of it in the long run.

As for Zouma himself, good luck to him, but he always thought he should have tried to head to Spain.

persevere1875
27-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Four years, 88 appearances and 11 goals, Think that just about sums it up, dont get me wrong, on his day he's a great talent but is this really the return we need from someone who's rumoured to be one of the top earners at the club ???

IWasThere2016
27-01-2011, 07:14 PM
I'll miss him, and I hate to see our more skillful players go. We've watched very few talented and entertaining players in the last 3 years and it seems any who show either are soon moved on.

I had hoped Scott and Thornhill were acquired to get the ball back and release it to Zouma and Deeks ..

Good luck to him, and we had better be getting two strikers in soon or I fear for us.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Four years, 88 appearances and 11 goals, Think that just about sums it up, dont get me wrong, on his day he's a great talent but is this really the return we need from someone who's rumoured to be one of the top earners at the club ???

I agree, he's given us very little in return. Although those stats are a bit wrong when you consider he's been out on loan for 1 of those seasons, and been injured too. Imo he owes us, but we all know thats just stupid, no player thinks that.

Speedway
27-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Well if you complete ignore the first half of last season, even up to the point he had a brilliant first half when Rangers tanked us at Ibrox, you'd be right. Other than that, you'd be wrong.

How many assists in that time?

Gala Foxes
27-01-2011, 08:34 PM
hope the wee man did'nt pull a muscle getting on the train - could be another long absence

ancient hibee
27-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Even when he played regularly before his injury-very entertaining but only effective 1 game in 3.

Broken Gnome
27-01-2011, 09:15 PM
How many assists in that time?

Several assists and goals, including as memorable an assist as you'll ever see. Of course he flatters to deceive, but undeniably good goals against Motherwell and Dundee United, and I'll also throw in Irvine Meadow. Might not be the greatest list in the world, but you can't really claim he's contributed nothing since March/April 2009.

sahib
27-01-2011, 09:42 PM

Zuma is a big favourite of mine but I think his pace may have gone a bit. Still he has been out a long time. He should adjust his game to more of a passing one rather that trying to beat one or two players every time. Become a Pat Quinn type player.

el capitano
27-01-2011, 09:55 PM
its a good move for him, time for him to go whether it be now or in summer. a little over rated by some and i think he will struggle for game time at middlesboro.

theres not many times iv came out of easter road and thought to myself, what a player he is.

he can be replaced

hibee_patty
27-01-2011, 10:25 PM
People have to remember that the likes of zemmama, miller and zemmama great players on their day but maybe calderwood has realised that these players are not good for the team in our situation. Going away to Hamilton on a cold wednesday night in a relegation battle players like zemmama riordan miller dont turn up and we our basically down 3 men from the start.

Betty Boop
27-01-2011, 10:41 PM
On the Scottish news just now they reported that 'Hibs have refused to comment on reports that Zemamma is set to join Tony Mowbray at Middlesboro'.

--------
28-01-2011, 12:05 PM
On the Scottish news just now they reported that 'Hibs have refused to comment on reports that Zemamma is set to join Tony Mowbray at Middlesboro'.

Maybe CC wanted Mowbray to lend us a player in return...

Betty Boop
28-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Maybe CC wanted Mowbray to lend us a player in return...

Chris Boyd ? :greengrin

Dinkydoo
28-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Zemmama is just back from a pretty horrific injury and still looked like one of the best players on the park against der Hun.

He was playing such a major part in trying to drive forward with the ball and get the team out of thier own half and into the Ranger's penalty area - any chance of us scoring a goal died when he was replaced by deeks.

A player that has been out for around 10 months and even before that IIRC he had just returned from a different injury, was our best player the other night.

No ***** danger do I want him or Deeks to leave the club. :flag:

GloryGlory
28-01-2011, 12:39 PM

Hmmm - sounds like a reiteration of club policy not to comment on any transfer dealings until there is something to report.

el capitano
28-01-2011, 12:50 PM
[QUOTE=Dinkydoo;2713687]Zemmama is just back from a pretty horrific injury and still looked like one of the best players on the park against der Hun.

He was playing such a major part in trying to drive forward with the ball and get the team out of thier own half and into the Ranger's penalty area - any chance of us scoring a goal died when he was replaced by deeks.

i thought he was miles of the pace and struggled against rangers, never threatened any danger to them. best players were the centre halfs

PONGO
28-01-2011, 01:00 PM
its a good move for him, time for him to go whether it be now or in summer. a little over rated by some and i think he will struggle for game time at middlesboro.

theres not many times iv came out of easter road and thought to myself, what a player he is.

he can be replaced

Over rated are you having a laugh. He,s by far the most talented player we have

RickyS
28-01-2011, 01:13 PM

agree with that. not back to his best yet but strange to let our only creative midfielder go on loan!

basehibby
28-01-2011, 01:21 PM
I don't think ANY of our better players should be going ANYWHERE while the team is clearly at risk of relegation. It should be all hands to the pump from now to the end of the season with the only transfer activity being inbound.

2 or 3 hundred grand gained now for Deeks or Zemama is small beer compared to the MILLIONS the club will lose if we are relegated.

basehibby
28-01-2011, 01:25 PM
You're 'bored waiting'?? he's had 5 games since his injury, less than a month. Its total madness, I can barely believe what im reading on here:rolleyes:

:agree: some of the bams on this thread sound like they almost WANT us to be relegated :confused:

smurf
28-01-2011, 01:27 PM
I can understand the club wanting to take cash offers for players. Particulary players out of contract in the summer.

However, Zouma when fully fit is a fantastic talent at a club like our and in a division like the SPL.

He could prove the difference in any game that we play.

And Particulary in the harsh reality of a relegation battle that we are in. To beat Hamilton and St Mirren yes we must out battle them but its a player like Zouma that can give you the edge in gaining points through guile....

Therefore unless we've an attacking creative type lined up I will be left somewhat mystified by a decision to offload.

basehibby
28-01-2011, 01:32 PM

We don't need 200K or whatever - haven't you been paying attention??? we are a very well run club and can afford to splash a few bawbees - what we cannot afford is relegation - something which will become more and more likely with every quality player who is allowed to leave this january :rolleyes:

Andy74
28-01-2011, 01:33 PM
I can understand the club wanting to take cash offers for players. Particulary players out of contract in the summer.

However, Zouma when fully fit is a fantastic talent at a club like our and in a division like the SPL.

And Particulary in the harsh reality of a relegation battle that we are in. To beat Hamilton and St Mirren yes we must out battle them but its a player like Zouma that can give you the edge in gaining points through guile....

Therefore unless we've an attacking creative type lined up I will be left somewhat mystified by a decision to offload.

I guess it depends on what the plan for him is in the summer, he might want away, we might not want him.

Cash now gives the manager some options which he could use now or in the summer.

It's a gamble though as to whether you can get anyone in or whether you survive in the summer to use it then.

Tough call but that's what the manager is here for.

LancashireHibby
28-01-2011, 01:34 PM
We don't need 200K or whatever - haven't you been paying attention??? we are a very well run club and can afford to splash a few bawbees - what we cannot afford is relegation - something which will become more and more likely with every quality player who is allowed to leave this january :rolleyes:

£200k would come in handy to buy someone who can bring results now though rather than the waiting around we're currently doing while Zouma gets back up to speed.

basehibby
28-01-2011, 01:37 PM

Re the bold bit - Utter Nonsense - he was a stand out for us last season until he got injured - and guess what?!? hibs hardly won a game after that!

smurf
28-01-2011, 01:37 PM
I guess it depends on what the plan for him is in the summer, he might want away, we might not want him.

Cash now gives the manager some options which he could use now or in the summer.

It's a gamble though as to whether you can get anyone in or whether you survive in the summer to use it then.

Tough call but that's what the manager is here for.

You think its absolutely the call just of the manager?

Peevemor
28-01-2011, 01:38 PM

You obviously don't.

Jim44
28-01-2011, 01:42 PM
£200k would come in handy to buy someone who can bring results now though rather than the waiting around we're currently doing while Zouma gets back up to speed.

I'm scunnered that it would take the sale of Zemmama to bring in £200K to buy the type of player we need to help the cause. We are so far down the line to relegation that £etrie should be desperate to give Calderwood this amount and much more, whether we move on any players or not. to save us from relegation.

LancashireHibby
28-01-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm scunnered that it would take the sale of Zemmama to bring in £200K to buy the type of player we need to help the cause. We are so far down the line to relegation that £etrie should be desperate to give Calderwood this amount and much more, whether we move on any players or not. to save us from relegation.

Okay, to phrase it another way, it'd bring in £200k that Petrie might be willing to use towards a replacement. I just don't see where Zouma fits in the team at the minute as it currently leaves a stranded lone striker or alternatively a man light in midfield and neither of those are an option as far as I'm concerned.

MSK
28-01-2011, 01:47 PM
We don't need 200K or whatever - haven't you been paying attention??? we are a very well run club and can afford to splash a few bawbees - what we cannot afford is relegation - something which will become more and more likely with every quality player who is allowed to leave this january :rolleyes:How do you know that hibs havent made an effort to keep him but he wants to try his luck elsewhere ..?

smurf
28-01-2011, 01:48 PM
You obviously don't.

Classic. Example. Of. How. To. Misconstrue.

And IMHO what spoils a lot of threads.

Not what I said. I asked a question.

James70
28-01-2011, 01:49 PM
We have paid Zemmama's wages since he got injured, we have paid for his treatment and spent months nursing him back to full fitness.

Now Mowbray would like to take him on loan for the rest of the season without any commitment to give him a deal.

What do Hibs get out of this deal? Apart from getting him off our wage bill, absolutely nothing. Let Mowbray put his money where his mouth is and put in an offer which is acceptable to Hibs. If he is not prepared to do that then he can just get lost as Zemmama can still help in the fight for SPL survival.

Peevemor
28-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Classic. Example. Of. How. To. Misconstrue.

And IMHO what spoils a lot of threads.

Not what I said. I asked a question.

Are you saying it wasn't a rhetorical question? Were you not implying that CC's been told to sell him?

Any chance to have a dig at the board ... :yawn:

Hibbyradge
28-01-2011, 01:57 PM

It is. :agree:

el capitano
28-01-2011, 02:20 PM

no, not having a laugh. what in a professional football player do you look for to call them the most tallented player at the club? dribbling , yes il give you that and this doesnt happen very often but im struggling to see anything else he brings to the team.

very dodgy when we dont have the ball and very inconsistent when we have it.

MontrealHibs
28-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Wonder how this one will play out. Rod playing hardball looking for a £250k fee, saying Mogga knows what we paid for him!

Mogga knowing Rod will ultimately swap him for a moustache clipper at 11:59 on Monday night!

Oh the excitement. I reckon we have seen the last of him.

Judas Iscariot
28-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Hopefully the fee we get for Zouma can be used to secure the services of some of our other out of contract players..

Rankin, McBride, Nish, Stevenson etc...

Getting these maverick, entertaining, technically gifted players tied up on long term deals with certainly get the fans coming back in the hundreds if not thousands..

Kaiser1962
28-01-2011, 02:39 PM

100%

Kaiser1962
28-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Hopefully the fee we get for Zouma can be used to secure the services of some of our other out of contract players..

Getting these maverick, entertaining, technically gifted players tied up on long term deals with certainly get the fans coming back in the hundreds if not thousands..

Have these four been offered new contracts?

Judas Iscariot
28-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Have these four been offered new contracts?

Don't think so..

There's time yet though :pray:

basehibby
28-01-2011, 02:55 PM
How do you know that hibs havent made an effort to keep him but he wants to try his luck elsewhere ..?

Zemama will go NOWHERE this january without Hibs agreeing to it - so what's your point caller :confused:

greenlex
28-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Yes. Do you?
I reckon RP gets the call. He asks CC what do you think? CC says will it strengthen our position in getting players in. RP says yes. CC says OK.
Or something along those lines.
What do you think happens?

greenlex
28-01-2011, 03:02 PM

Did you know you are becoming a right pain in the erse?

Kaiser1962
28-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Don't think so..

There's time yet though :pray:

I half expect Lewis to be offered a contract. No so sure about the others though

HFC 0-7
28-01-2011, 03:13 PM
It is. :agree:

How do you know?

miniboco
28-01-2011, 03:17 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6706837,00.html

sorry if already posted - he's definitely in talks with Middlesbrough

Sammy7nil
28-01-2011, 03:38 PM

Does not sound like CC wants to lose him if he goes now I will not be happy.
He should stay and get us out of this mess.

Judas Iscariot
28-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Did you know you are becoming a right pain in the erse?

I may be becomming one, whereas you already are :aok:

greenlex
28-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Does not sound like CC wants to lose him if he goes now I will not be happy.
He should stay and get us out of this mess.

Also looks like Zemamma wants away in the Summer, isnt in Calderwoods long term plans or we cant afford him and that is why he is talking to Boro. If we can get money for him now then its best for him to go now.

greenlex
28-01-2011, 03:44 PM
I may be becomming one, whereas you already are :aok:
Cheers mate. I wanted you to know though. :wink:

Judas Iscariot
28-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Cheers mate. I wanted you to know though. :wink:

Thanks babes xxx

TBH, I'm just in a bad mood with everything just now..

Man-period :agree:

Sammy7nil
28-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Also looks like Zemamma wants away in the Summer, isnt in Calderwoods long term plans or we cant afford him and that is why he is talking to Boro. If we can get money for him now then its best for him to go now.

:confused::confused::confused:
Are we planning for the 1st Div?
If we need a goal against St Mirren Hamilton or who ever WHO would you like to see in the team Zemamma or any of our other "stars" in midfield.

If he keeps us up and goes in the summer good luck to him. If he goes now and we go down Petrie CC and who ever else is responsible or letting him leave whilst under contract for sweeties needs a *******

aberhibsfc
28-01-2011, 03:57 PM

Wants away in the summer, seems like everything Zouma wants he gets. Where's the loyalty. We looked after him when his form dropped at Ramadan or when he's been injured, most recently for quite some time. We allowed him to go home for a season for no financial compensation, we helped his predicament regards his wifes UK visa.

If he is pushing this, then he can GTF. If this is true then it's been take, take, take and no loyalty.

I feel like turning into the Hulk myself over this one.

The Falcon
28-01-2011, 03:57 PM
How do you know?

Because Rod said so at the AGM. Yogi, and others, have had numerous opportunities to say otherwise but have not done so.

greenlex
28-01-2011, 03:58 PM
:confused::confused::confused:
Are we planning for the 1st Div?
If we need a goal against St Mirren Hamilton or who ever WHO would you like to see in the team Zemamma or any of our other "stars" in midfield.

If he keeps us up and goes in the summer good luck to him. If he goes now and we go down Petrie CC and who ever else is responsible or letting him leave whilst under contract for sweeties needs a *******

Maybe one of the two midfielders who havent played a game yet or maybe the one who has signed but hasnt been announced or maybe the striker we might just get with the money brought in from letting Zemamma go now. :dunno:
You are right Good luck to him whether it be now or in the Summer.

IndieHibby
28-01-2011, 04:12 PM
You only had to see the lift he gave the support when he came on v Dundee Utd, see the bums rise out their seats when he gets the ball, and hear the lift and support (crucial word there) he gives the stadium.

He is just back from a lengthy injury, thrown into a team perhaps earlier than would be liked, into a side bereft of confidence, scared to carry the ball, and determined at times to play themselves into trouble or resort to long ball.

Also true.

Terrible, terribe decision on ALL fronts IMHO........I just don't think the board have a clue when it comes to the bigger picture I really don't.

Not convinced. On his present form, he won't help us stay up - agreed? His for isn't going to improve quick enough to have an impact - by which time he will probably be leaving anyway.

If we can get money for him now and bring in a player better suited to the needs of the team going forward, then that it the best decision.

Even though it makes me want to cry.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-01-2011, 04:21 PM
One of my favourite players and a real crowd pleaser, but, I don't believe that the way that he plays will be what we are needing to stay up. Now I don't mean craft or guile or skill. What I mean is that just now we need 10 fit players, all facing the same way, getting the ball into the opponents box as quickly and as often as possible. What we need from the midfielders is athleticism and tough tacklers. Think he is a luxury that we can't afford just now.

BSEJVT
28-01-2011, 04:42 PM
One of my favourite players and a real crowd pleaser, but, I don't believe that the way that he plays will be what we are needing to stay up. Now I don't mean craft or guile or skill. What I mean is that just now we need 10 fit players, all facing the same way, getting the ball into the opponents box as quickly and as often as possible. What we need from the midfielders is athleticism and tough tacklers. Think he is a luxury that we can't afford just now.

Regretably I would have to agree with you.

Its not going to be pretty for the rest of this season but it does have to be effective.

Zouma is worse than a man short in a battle.

Regretably he is not alone in that.

If he does go.

Thanks for the memories

Bostonhibby
28-01-2011, 04:53 PM

with a few regrets, I agree.

MSK
28-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Zemama will go NOWHERE this january without Hibs agreeing to it - so what's your point caller :confused:My point is that if Zemamma wants to go then i see no point in keeping him ..cash in now ..

Get ma point now ..?

Sammy7nil
28-01-2011, 05:05 PM
My point is that if Zemamma wants to go then i see no point in keeping him ..cash in now ..

Get ma point now ..?

Relegation later :doh:

J-C
28-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Wants away in the summer, seems like everything Zouma wants he gets. Where's the loyalty. We looked after him when his form dropped at Ramadan or when he's been injured, most recently for quite some time. We allowed him to go home for a season for no financial compensation, we helped his predicament regards his wifes UK visa.

If he is pushing this, then he can GTF. If this is true then it's been take, take, take and no loyalty.

I feel like turning into the Hulk myself over this one.

--------
28-01-2011, 05:13 PM

Zouma isn't the guy who'll keep us up - too hot-and-cold, IMO. And in a towsy relegation battle, he'd either disappear or get injured in the first 10 minutes.

As said, if he's pushing for this move, he can go. Like one Kevin Thomson - loyal when Hibs are paying his surgical and medical bills, snaw off a dyke once he's fit.

As old Alf Tennyson wrote - "The old order changeth, yielding place to new..."

Sammy7nil
28-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Zouma isn't the guy who'll keep us up - too hot-and-cold, IMO. And in a towsy relegation battle, he'd either disappear or get injured in the first 10 minutes.

As said, if he's pushing for this move, he can go. Like one Kevin Thomson - loyal when Hibs are paying his surgical and medical bills, snaw off a dyke once he's fit.

As old Alf Tennyson wrote - "The old order changeth, yielding place to new..."

He is allowed to talk to other clubs and may be happy to stay until summer, he is our ONLY creative midfielder he is EXACTLY the guy to keep us up if the other talentless mob dig in and protect him.

MSK
28-01-2011, 05:27 PM
He is allowed to talk to other clubs and may be happy to stay until summer, he is our ONLY creative midfielder he is EXACTLY the guy to keep us up if the other talentless mob dig in and protect him.What about the new signings ..how do you know they wont be creative & keep us up..?

Like i said ..perhaps Zemamma wants a new challenge ...or perhaps like others he wants to desert the sinking ship ..

marinello59
28-01-2011, 05:27 PM
He is allowed to talk to other clubs and may be happy to stay until summer, he is our ONLY creative midfielder he is EXACTLY the guy to keep us up if the other talentless mob dig in and protect him.

How many games has this creative genius grabbed by the scruff of the neck since he joined us originally? Yes, on his game he is talented but he is seriously inconsistent. It seems his legend grew somewhat during his time on the sidelines.

greenlex
28-01-2011, 05:31 PM
I find it incredibly ironic you are banging the we must keep our flair/better players or we will definately be relegated whilst sporting your avatar. :confused:

Sammy7nil
28-01-2011, 05:31 PM
What about the new signings ..how do you know they wont be creative & keep us up..?

Like i said ..perhaps Zemamma wants a new challenge ...or perhaps like others he wants to desert the sinking ship ..

We KNOW Zemamma is creative we dont have to guess, let him go in the summer off he pops with good wishes NOT NOW.

MSK
28-01-2011, 05:34 PM
We KNOW Zemamma is creative we dont have to guess, let him go in the summer off he pops with good wishes NOT NOW.Then we have potentially another unhappy non trier in the team ..aye ..nice one ..

Sammy7nil
28-01-2011, 05:36 PM
I find it incredibly ironic you are banging the we must keep our flair/better players or we will definately be relegated whilst sporting your avatar. :confused:

Well you can say what you like Best was a great player well past his best at Hibs howevr he was still the best player on the park even when a shadow of himself.

I joined Hibs.net when drunk as a skunk exactly when G Best died if I could change my user name I would in the meantime I have to stick with Best avatar to avoid looking more stupid than I am. :greengrin

Sammy7nil
28-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Then we have potentially another unhappy non trier in the team ..aye ..nice one ..

Or a committed player who wants to sign off by giving something back before leaving.

greenlex
28-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Well you can say what you like Best was a great player well past his best at Hibs howevr he was still the best player on the park even when a shadow of himself.

I joined Hibs.net when drunk as a skunk exactly when G Best died if I could change my user name I would in the meantime I have to stick with Best avatar to avoid looking more stupid than I am. :greengrin
I hear what you are saying and agree about being the best player on the park but even with his genius remind me where we finished in the league? See ma point?:cool2:

MSK
28-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Or a committed player who wants to sign off by giving something back before leaving.Somehow I would doubt that ..Boro want him & want him now ..

Sammy7nil
28-01-2011, 05:46 PM
I hear what you are saying and agree about being the best player on the park but even with his genius remind me where we finished in the league? See ma point?:cool2:

We got a Semi of the SC and take a guess were we would have finished in the league without him in the team? :greengrin

Sammy7nil
28-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Somehow I would doubt that ..Boro want him & want him now ..

How do you know that ? and more impotantly Does he want go now ?

greenlex
28-01-2011, 05:48 PM
We got a Semi of the SC and take a guess were we would have finished in the league without him in the team? :greengrin
Straw clutching:greengrin

Hibiza
28-01-2011, 05:54 PM
goodbye , good luck and gtf. thanks for the odd bit of skill and the thousands of pounds spent on you. gtf

nortonhibby
28-01-2011, 06:05 PM
My point is that if Zemamma wants to go then i see no point in keeping him ..cash in now ..

Get ma point now ..?

you and RP Would get on great :greengrin

MSK
28-01-2011, 06:21 PM
you and RP Would get on great :greengrinDunno ..you aint seen my bank account ..:greengrin

silverhibee
28-01-2011, 06:35 PM
I think wee have seen the last of Zemmama, wants away from Hibs and will get his wish, get some money in for him now and hope that CC gets it to spend before Monday on a new striker to partner Deeks upfront till the end of the season to stop us from being relagated.

MSK
28-01-2011, 06:43 PM
I think wee have seen the last of Zemmama, wants away from Hibs and will get his wish, get some money in for him now and hope that CC gets it to spend before Monday on a new striker to partner Deeks upfront till the end of the season to stop us from being relagated.Wants away ?..traitor ..******* ..relegation now ..

Aw the boards fault ...oh wait ..:rolleyes:

snooky
28-01-2011, 07:12 PM
I think wee have seen the last of Zemmama, wants away from Hibs and will get his wish, get some money in for him now and hope that CC gets it to spend before Monday on a new striker to partner Deeks upfront till the end of the season to stop us from being relagated.

:hmmm: Interesting.

Sammy7nil
28-01-2011, 10:04 PM

So what makes you think that ? He may be looking to leave in summer and looking at options of a pre contract or comparing what hibs offered and what he can get unless you can tell us different ?

givescotlandfreedom
28-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Would have been nice if the wee man had wanted to show a bit of loyalty to us (assuming he does indeed want to go). The club and the fans have been good to him in a number of ways.

Hiber-nation
28-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Would have been nice if the wee man had wanted to show a bit of loyalty to us (assuming he does indeed want to go). The club and the fans have been good to him in a number of ways.

I think its time for him to go. If he stays and gets back to form he'll probably end up getting injured again and we're back to square one.

EH6 Hibby
28-01-2011, 11:16 PM

Does that mean Deeks is staying? :hyper:

H18sry
28-01-2011, 11:21 PM

That's a very poor show from him, as we let him go on loan whilst his wife was barred from entering the country, and helped him get fit after last years injury, he has only played 80 odd games in nearly 5 years, so he owes us the decency of at least seeing out his contract to help us out of this relegation battle.

Big_D
28-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Zemamma away for £200,000

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1351557/Middlesbrough-face-battle-Kris-Boyd-Leroy-Lita-despite-signing-Merouane-Zemmama.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Wotherspiniesta
28-01-2011, 11:41 PM
So we put up with all of his injuries.

Helped him with his wifes visa.

Stuck by him even when he done his cruciate ligaments.

We pay for his rehab, rebuild his knee for 12 months.... 3 games back and he wants a move?

GTF Zemmama. Part timer and a traitor.

Sammy7nil
28-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Zemamma away for £200,000

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1351557/Middlesbrough-face-battle-Kris-Boyd-Leroy-Lita-despite-signing-Merouane-Zemmama.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

If true disappointed in him and CC or board whoever let him go :rolleyes:

marinello59
28-01-2011, 11:45 PM

Let him go? He wanted to go, when a player wants to leave it's game over.

AgentDaleCooper
28-01-2011, 11:46 PM

sorry to be a total pedant...that means wee as in small - you meant 'we'. although zemmama is quite small.

Sergey
28-01-2011, 11:47 PM

He could have left for **** all in May. £200k is decent business for someone who's contributed sod-all in the last 12 months.

YMMV

greenlex
28-01-2011, 11:49 PM
200k is a great bit of business in my book for a player who has flattered to deceive
since his return. He might do well if he gets a bit more time on the ball down there.
Good luck wee man.:agree:

ScottB
28-01-2011, 11:54 PM

£200k for a guy who has done nothing other than warm the treatment table this season and would have waltzed off for nothing in May (no doubt after another spell being paid to sit in the stand) is a damn good bit of business.

Frankly, even if he had wanted to stay, at best I'd have offered him a pay as you play deal. A skilled player (when he's in the mood, which is just as big an issue IMHO) but with all the resilience of a damp piece of tissue paper.

He was not, nor ever was the type of player we need for the rough and ready, out and out scrap we have ahead of us between now and the end of the season.

silverhibee
28-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Does that mean Deeks is staying? :hyper:

Yes.

Sammy7nil
28-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Let him go? He wanted to go, when a player wants to leave it's game over.

No it is not Scott Brown was not "allowed" to go stayed on and won a cup

The club decide an in this case lets hope they are right letting our ONLY proven creative midfielder go.

The new signings may have been what Zemmama needed but hey we have Rankin :rolleyes:

Wotherspiniesta
29-01-2011, 12:01 AM
Yes.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

ScottB
29-01-2011, 12:02 AM

The club decide an in this case lets hope they are right letting our ONLY proven creative midfielder go.

The new signings may have been what Zemmama needed but hey we have Rankin :rolleyes:

Scott Brown was not 5 months from the end of his contract.

Honestly, why let reality get in the way of a good dour moan round here! Where is the evidence from Zouma's appearances this season that he was gonna suddenly start banging them in?

And in case you've missed it, we've just signed 3 midfielders, presumably ones able to play 3 or 4 games in a row without requiring a 3 month recovery.

marinello59
29-01-2011, 12:03 AM

I bet you threw some tantrum if you didn't get all the toys you wanted at Christmas. :greengrin

Riordans Boots
29-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Yes.

Amen to that :pray::not worth

Silver :aok:

Sammy7nil
29-01-2011, 12:08 AM
Scott Brown was not 5 months from the end of his contract.

Honestly, why let reality get in the way of a good dour moan round here! Where is the evidence from Zouma's appearances this season that he was gonna suddenly start banging them in?

And in case you've missed it, we've just signed 3 midfielders, presumably ones able to play 3 or 4 games in a row without requiring a 3 month recovery.

Point one that was not the question it was when a player wants to go it is game over That is pish proved by Brown.
Point two £200, 000 is zip if we are relegated.
Point three I hope all the midfielders are brilliant NONE are proven
Point four Zemmamma is PROVEN perfomer at this level
Point Five after 2.5 games back from 12 month injury I was not expecting a lot were you? After 5 - 6 games I was expecting a lot.

forthhibby
He could have left for **** all in May. £200k is decent business for someone who's contributed sod-all in the last 12 months.

YMMV

sums it up perfectly, got to applaud the tache :thumbsup:

Sammy7nil
I bet you threw some tantrum if you didn't get all the toys you wanted at Christmas. :greengrin

Sorry mate lost me :confused:

ScottB
29-01-2011, 12:16 AM
Point one that was not the question it was when a plyer wants to go it is game over That is pish proved by Brown.
Point two £200, 000 is zip if we are relegated.
Point three I hope all the midfielders are brilliant NONE are proven
Point four Zemmamma is PROVEN pefomer at this level
Point Five after 2.5 games back from 12 month injury I was not expecting a lot were you? After 5 - 6 games I was expecting a lot.

You've ignored my point. Scott Brown was different, he had a long contract, that gives the club some power. Zemmama was nearly a free agent, if he came waltzing into the office and announced 'I don't want to be here anymore, I want to go to Middlesborough' what power does that leave us? How much effort is he going to put in if he knows he has a signed and sealed deal waiting for him and we force him to stay here? Particularly with his woeful fitness record.

None are proven? Proven at what level? One comes from a higher level, one comes from one of the biggest clubs in the world and one played in a Scottish Cup final, or we could go with Zemmama's proven record of 80 odd games in 5 years. Does anyone even think he'd have made it fully fit till the end of the season? I certainly don't. Zemmama is a luxury that in our current predicament we couldn't afford, we don't have the luxury to give him 4 or 5 games to get fit, to take the risk that he'd repeat his pattern of just getting injured again anyway and of course his patchy at best form. He's one of these players that seems to live on the glories of the odd moment of brilliance with some folk round here, giving them a blank cheque to be hopeless the rest of the time.

He won't be missed, didn't have the build or the physicality to handle being kicked up and down the pitch in the SPL.

lapsedhibee
29-01-2011, 12:19 AM
He won't be missed, didn't have the build or the physicality to handle being kicked up and down the pitch in the SPL.

You may be right, and if so it's a desperate indictment of the SPL.

ScottB
29-01-2011, 12:24 AM
You may be right, and if so it's a desperate indictment of the SPL.

Does sum the league up pretty well. In general Hibs sides have been too easily bullied and beaten off the ball in recent years. CC seems to be trying to add some much needed steel.

Sammy7nil
29-01-2011, 12:24 AM
You've ignored my point. Scott Brown was different, he had a long contract, that gives the club some power. Zemmama was nearly a free agent, if he came waltzing into the office and announced 'I don't want to be here anymore, I want to go to Middlesborough' what power does that leave us? How much effort is he going to put in if he knows he has a signed and sealed deal waiting for him and we force him to stay here? Particularly with his woeful fitness record.

None are proven? Proven at what level? One comes from a higher level, one comes from one of the biggest clubs in the world and one played in a Scottish Cup final, or we could go with Zemmama's proven record of 80 odd games in 5 years. Does anyone even think he'd have made it fully fit till the end of the season? I certainly don't. Zemmama is a luxury that in our current predicament we couldn't afford, we don't have the luxury to give him 4 or 5 games to get fit, to take the risk that he'd repeat his pattern of just getting injured again anyway and of course his patchy at best form. He's one of these players that seems to live on the glories of the odd moment of brilliance with some folk round here, giving them a blank cheque to be hopeless the rest of the time.

You ignored mine £200,000 is **** all if we are relegated let him go in the summer for free as long as we are in SPL who cares?

None are proven at SPL FACT (I hope they are all great)

We are one down to Hamilton or St Mirren they are packing their defence who do you want on the Pitch ? I will take Zemmama? He is not a kuxury he is one of only TWO quality players we have.

P.S. I would not give him a blank cheque let **** off in the summer I dont care I only want to stay in this league and give us time to rebuild

Anyway we are at opposite ends of the spectrum and pointless as he is away lets hope we dont regret it.

--------
29-01-2011, 12:28 AM

YMMV

Yup. How much has he contributed at all, actually? He seems to have spent most of his time (a) on the treatment table; (b) in the Middle East playing for someone else; (c) not fully fit because he was observing Ramadan.

In between times, I have to admit he was quite good, but IMO all he's PROVEN as being is undependable and ungrateful. Hibs went through hoops for him, and now he can't wait to get on the train out of here.

ScottB
29-01-2011, 12:29 AM
You ignored mine £200,000 is **** all if we are relegated let him go in the summer for free as long as we are in SPL who cares?

None are proven at SPL FACT (I hope they are all great)

We are one down to Hamilton or St Mirren they are packing their defence who do you want on the Pitch ? I will take Zemmama? He is not a kuxury he is one of only TWO quality players we have.

P.S. I would not give him a blank cheque let **** off in the summer I dont care I only want to stay in this league and give us time to rebuild

Anyway we are at opposite ends of the spectrum and pointless as he is away lets hope we dont regret it.

That's exactly the sort of game he would be terrible in! Couple of well timed kicks and your ace in the hole is back in the dressing room, which is exactly the tactics we will be up against in this fight.

Getting money for him is an irrelevance, having some player hanging around the club when they don't want to be there and thoughts are already drifting off to the next one is, brings huge questions as to his commitment, particularly given his woeful injury record; does he go in for dicey one on ones? Does he push himself that bit extra? At this stage of a contract I'd sooner punt them out the door as mentally, they've already left.

SteveHFC
29-01-2011, 12:32 AM
Andrew Halliday

In the sun today that we might get him in a swap for zouma.
What do fplk reckon to that? Never seen him play myself but do recall he was very highly rated at the time he went from livi to boro. Think he is a winger, though, and we really need a striker.

Taken from the Bounce.

Sammy7nil
29-01-2011, 12:35 AM
That's exactly the sort of game he would be terrible in! Couple of well timed kicks and your ace in the hole is back in the dressing room, which is exactly the tactics we will be up against in this fight.

Getting money for him is an irrelevance, having some player hanging around the club when they don't want to be there and thoughts are already drifting off to the next one is, brings huge questions as to his commitment, particularly given his woeful injury record; does he go in for dicey one on ones? Does he push himself that bit extra? At this stage of a contract I'd sooner punt them out the door as mentally, they've already left.

And how do you know he does not want to be here ? Perhaps he was told he was not wanted :confused:
Yeah we are better with guys that run around 100% have no skill, No ability, unable to shoot, incapable of passing to a team mate never get on the ball but at least they run around.

I cant believe fans do not want Football Players in our team

Wotherspiniesta
29-01-2011, 12:35 AM
Andrew Halliday

In the sun today that we might get him in a swap for zouma.
What do fplk reckon to that? Never seen him play myself but do recall he was very highly rated at the time he went from livi to boro. Think he is a winger, though, and we really need a striker.

Taken from the Bounce.

Not seen him play but you're right he was very highly rated.

If its £200,000 plus Halliday, then Rod is a genius! :not worth

ScottB
29-01-2011, 12:41 AM
And how do you know he does not want to be here ? Perhaps he was told he was not wanted :confused:
Yeah we are better with guys that run around 100% have no skill, No ability, unable to shoot, incapable of passing to a team mate never get on the ball but at least they run around.

Others who usually seem to know these things have suggested he wanted out, in any case, the club can't force him to accept another club's offer.

Again, when was the last time he did any of this, and when was the last time he did this on a consistent basis? Your basing this totally on him 1) Getting fit quickly. 2) Getting his form 'back.' 3) Actually performing at a consistent level. 4) Not getting injured again. He hasn't shown the ability to do that in his whole time at the club. Just because sometimes he could whip up a piece of magic doesn't excuse his equal propensity to do nothing more than fanny about with the ball till it got chopped off him. At no point did I or do I say I don't want football players in the team, but just because he's apparently 'the only one we have' isn't a blank cheque for him to perform how he pleases, and as said, he is not the player for a relegation dogfight.

--------
29-01-2011, 12:45 AM

Perhaps, maybe, if... Any more imponderables you can add in here?

So without seeing them, you've dismissed Towell, Scott, Thornhill and Paulsen as having no skill, no ability, can't shoot, can't pass to a team-mate, will never get on the ball - all they're good for is running around?

If £200,000 for Zouma and a bit more leeway on the wage-bill means we have a better chance of holding onto Deek, I'm happy to take it. And run all the way to the bank.

In the SPL - especially at the wrong end of the SPL - every player in the team has to be able to scrap for the ball and give 100%. Zouma right now would be a luxury - I look forward to seeing how he copes with some of the big defensive midfield tacklers in the Championship.

Sammy7nil
29-01-2011, 12:46 AM
Others who usually seem to know these things have suggested he wanted out, in any case, the club can't force him to accept another club's offer.

Again, when was the last time he did any of this, and when was the last time he did this on a consistent basis? Your basing this totally on him 1) Getting fit quickly. 2) Getting his form 'back.' 3) Actually performing at a consistent level. 4) Not getting injured again. He hasn't shown the ability to do that in his whole time at the club. Just because sometimes he could whip up a piece of magic doesn't excuse his equal propensity to do nothing more than fanny about with the ball till it got chopped off him. At no point did I or do I say I don't want football players in the team, but just because he's apparently 'the only one we have' isn't a blank cheque for him to perform how he pleases, and as said, he is not the player for a relegation dogfight.

And you base his replacements fitness, ability, consistency and not getting injured and on what ?

The bit in bold is exactly what we may need to turn this around or simply stay in the league

No point arguing you have you opinion I have mine lets hope we are in the SPL come August.