PDA

View Full Version : Did Anyone Want Us To Get Beat Last Night?

aberhibsfc
27-01-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm Hibs till I die and have always wanted us to win everything from the Tennants Sixes, Reserve League East, BP Youth Cups, through the Ladies team to all the major mens trophies even go as far to say I'd like our Maltese cohorts to be succesful to advertise the name Hibernian across the world.

I have friends in London who keep an eye on our scores and always asking me how my Hibs are getting on. Just now, I am avoiding these conversations, I've embarressed myself into a social corner.

I can't remember ever feeling the way I did last night towards my beloved Hibernian. I believe we are not good enough and deserve everything that's coming our way just now. Rather the my latest indifference, I actually wanted us to get beat last night, not because I'm a bad Hibby, I just wanted the board to look at the table and the few days left in the window and appreciate that we are facing relegation. If that's what it takes for the board to get serious then there could be no bigger hint for them to get moving. Hamilton might not pick up 6 points but they do have 2 games in hand and have the opportunity to send us to the bottom of the league. At least there picking up draws here and there, I can't see where our next point is going to come from.

We have brought 3 players in and I hope for our sake, the board are being financially serious about our recruitment and not looking to buy 3 get one free. We don't have trillions in the bank but if we approach these signings heavily influenced by bargain hunting I fear the worst.

Petrie likes his figures and the league table and next years forecast does not look rosey.

NGH
27-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Perhaps a lie down is advisable.

spike220
27-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Your sick the head man!

I understand your point but PLLLLLLLeeeeeeassssssssseeeeeeeee!

GGTHH

Wembley67
27-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Not at all. The shake up is taking place and the board are now taking notice, the rebuild is in progress and now I want us to won every game.

cad
27-01-2011, 11:23 AM
The day you want Rangers or any team to beat Hibs you want to jack it it in .:tsk tsk:

jonny
27-01-2011, 11:28 AM
I'm Hibs till I die and have always wanted us to win everything from the Tennants Sixes, Reserve League East, BP Youth Cups, through the Ladies team to all the major mens trophies even go as far to say I'd like our Maltese cohorts to be succesful to advertise the name Hibernian across the world.

I have friends in London who keep an eye on our scores and always asking me how my Hibs are getting on. Just now, I am avoiding these conversations, I've embarressed myself into a social corner.

I can't remember ever feeling the way I did last night towards my beloved Hibernian. I believe we are not good enough and deserve everything that's coming our way just now. Rather the my latest indifference, I actually wanted us to get beat last night, not because I'm a bad Hibby, I just wanted the board to look at the table and the few days left in the window and appreciate that we are facing relegation. If that's what it takes for the board to get serious then there could be no bigger hint for them to get moving. Hamilton might not pick up 6 points but they do have 2 games in hand and have the opportunity to send us to the bottom of the league. At least there picking up draws here and there, I can't see where our next point is going to come from.

We have brought 3 players in and I hope for our sake, the board are being financially serious about our recruitment and not looking to buy 3 get one free. We don't have trillions in the bank but if we approach these signings heavily influenced by bargain hunting I fear the worst.

Petrie likes his figures and the league table and next years forecast does not look rosey.

:ostrich:

Theres ways to get a point across but a Hibby actually stating they wanted Rangers (of all teams) to beat Hibs is IMO a disgrace.

Hibee Daz
27-01-2011, 11:29 AM
The day you want Rangers or any team to beat Hibs you want to jack it it in .:tsk tsk:

:agree: 100%

Quality avatar by the way.:greengrin

Hibeesb0unc3
27-01-2011, 11:30 AM
no why would i want hibs to lose are you mad?

aberhibsfc
27-01-2011, 11:33 AM

I don't want any team to beat Hibs, what I do want those in charge to fully understand the gravity of our situation.

If we had beat the odds and won that game Petrie & Co may believe we turned the corner and put the brakes on further additions. The team is a mess and we can ill-afford to gamble our SPL status with the current incumbents alone. I'd rather take one step back then forward than winning last night and getting beat for the rest of the campaign.

Maybe I should go and lie down, but I can tell any doubters, I am Hibby through and through and want them to succeed, I have pumped thousands of £'s into Hibs, and hundreds for no personal benefit eg HOH, brick campaign etc.

aberhibsfc
27-01-2011, 11:36 AM
:ostrich:

Theres ways to get a point across but a Hibby actually stating they wanted Rangers (of all teams) to beat Hibs is IMO a disgrace.

Your missing my point, I couldnt care less who we were playing last night. We got what we deserved irrespective of my feelings. Unless you believe in all that Karma crap.

I wasn't desperate for us to get beat, I was indifferent but felt that the result last night should hammer home a message.

Joe Baker II
27-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Nothing wrong with wanting your team to lose if you think it is in their, or Scottish football's best interests, as one (tentatively admittedly) could argue it was last night. Fact I was completely indifferent last night is arguably more worrying, think first time I have missed a home OF game I did not have genuine reason not to have gone to but do not feel Hibs deserve my money at moment.

GreenPJ
27-01-2011, 01:20 PM
I think the board are fully aware of the issue but bringing in 10 new players now is not the answer:

1) we can't afford it
2) you won't get the players you ideally want unless they were going to be out of contract in the summer and if they are going to make a difference then we are going to be charged a fair bit for taking them early
3) there is no guarantee that bringing in new players whoever they are will gel quickly (look at Real Madrid pre Jose for the last how many years)

I would like two more this window, one has to be a striker and the other a midfielder if we are going to lose Zemmama and if not a CH. I think we will probably only get one more but as long as its a striker then I live in hope that its enough.

The one positive I do take is that we have been terrible, had no luck or breaks, confidence is very low and yet still we are not bottom, two points off 10th place. I believe (please God) that we are at the bottom of the trough and we will start to pick up some results and confidence that will allow us to get back ahead of St Mirren and then look to close the gap on Aberdeen/St Johnstone.

Bad Martini
27-01-2011, 01:24 PM
Under nae circumstances, for nae reason, at any point, anywhere time or place do I ever want to see us getting beat even if it's for the greater good or some other reason. And that applies tenfold when it comes to celtic, rangers or hearts.

ENDOF

aberhibsfc
27-01-2011, 02:04 PM
TBH, in the emotion of it all I was misleading myself.

I didn't start the night wanting us to get beat but I felt we deserved it at the end. I believe that if we had won it would have diluted the problem. Getting beat is focusing more attention on the situation.

In what way did I say I supported anyone other than Hibs.

Make of it what you will, you are managing to find the negatives of my post and not much else, que sera.

I'll continue to support the Hibs through thick and thin while others drop away.

As for those who choose to have a dig at me rather than debate the topic, you can all go throw whatever you want at yourselves. There's no need to get personal about it. It's not like I'm a politician and can't admit my mistakes. I don't want Hibs getting beat and I am being a bit misguided. But I am only looking at it this way because I want things to improve.

I'd probably get an easier ride being Andy Gray or Richard Keys at the moment.

cad
27-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Ok your not supporting the other teams but you dont want Hibs to win so it will buck the ideas up of those concerend .
So is going downs the option you want ,for the greater good of Hibernian Football club

aberhibsfc
27-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Ok your not supporting the other teams but you dont want Hibs to win so it will buck the ideas up of those concerend .
So is going downs the option you want ,for the greater good of Hibernian Football club

Of course not, as per a lot of my recent posts will testify. I want action now, not when the horse has bolted.

Removed
27-01-2011, 02:33 PM
I don't want any team to beat Hibs, what I do want those in charge to fully understand the gravity of our situation.

If we had beat the odds and won that game Petrie & Co may believe we turned the corner and put the brakes on further additions. The team is a mess and we can ill-afford to gamble our SPL status with the current incumbents alone. I'd rather take one step back then forward than winning last night and getting beat for the rest of the campaign.

Maybe I should go and lie down, but I can tell any doubters, I am Hibby through and through and want them to succeed, I have pumped thousands of £'s into Hibs, and hundreds for no personal benefit eg HOH, brick campaign etc.

You think those in charge don't fully understand the gravity of the situation?

I can assure you they do.

cad
27-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Im scared for Hibs ,and after watching last night we all should be very afraid
The damage thats being done to our club could be the catalyst as I said before for thousands to walk.
I get the feeling theres a bigger picture to all this theres a move on .
I find it extrodanairy that 16 contracts are all up at the same time, its by design Rods got something up his sleeve ,
I just hope its not 1st Division football

smurf
27-01-2011, 03:10 PM
No. I never want us to get beat.

Maybe if our position was secure and our opponents victory was to the detriment of the Yams though in a last day scenario.....:greengrin

And as others keep saying the Board are aware of our position and are backing the manager....:rolleyes:

aberhibsfc
27-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Im scared for Hibs ,and after watching last night we all should be very afraid
The damage thats being done to our club could be the catalyst as I said before for thousands to walk.
I get the feeling theres a bigger picture to all this theres a move on .
I find it extrodanairy that 16 contracts are all up at the same time, its by design Rods got something up his sleeve ,
I just hope its not 1st Division football

Lets hope it's providing a clean slate for a new investor that can afford to put money into the club, but not in the form of a Romanov.

New training complex and stand, I can only dream it's put us on some billionaire's radar.

Talking about billionaires.

I recall the Scot that pumped £30m into Forrest in the hope this would secure them EPL football. Some time ago I know, but £100m couldn't guarentee EPL survival never mind £30m. If one of these Sheiks really wants to go down in history, it won't be for putting £100m's into Man City and the like, that will go on and on on and on. If they invested a more sensible amount in SPL teams and broke the OF dominance, that would be a historic moment. Even easier given the condition that the OF are in financially.

But not the Romanov model.