PDA

View Full Version : Violence after the game?

SouthMoroccoStu
27-01-2011, 08:17 AM
Just heard from my boss, who is a hun, that there were fights after the game while the away fans were heading to the buses.

He added that a younger rankgers fan was taken away in an ambulance.

Can anyone confirm or add to this?

Baldy Foghorn
27-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Just heard from my boss, who is a hun, that there were fights after the game while the away fans were heading to the buses.

Police all over London Road and made cars divert certain routes. Can only assume for fighting.

Jamesie
27-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Walked past Middletons this morning and one of its windows is boarded up. Not sure when it was smashed though, may well have been long before last night.

When I was getting the bus along London Road last night at about 6.30 I thought there was a larger Police presence than normal for an Old Firm game.

Thomson1875
27-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Walked past Middletons this morning and one of its windows is boarded up. Not sure when it was smashed though, may well have been long before last night.

When I was getting the bus along London Road last night at about 6.30 I thought there was a larger Police presence than normal for an Old Firm game.

Middletons windows where boarded up when i went down to ER about 5:30 so dont think that it was anything to do with it or not.

HNA6
27-01-2011, 08:53 AM

When I was getting the bus along London Road last night at about 6.30 I thought there was a larger Police presence than normal for an Old Firm game.I was in there before the Aberdeen game & the windows were boarded up then, bar staff said it happened around new year & didnt think it was football related..

J-C
27-01-2011, 08:57 AM
Must admit I could see this coming, I was in my cab around 7pm in London rd going down to Loganlea with a punter and there were quite a few fairly drunk Huns shouting and singing as they dragged their knuckles towards ER.

Craigyno1
27-01-2011, 09:43 AM

Yes, Rangers fan at work told us this morning that his Uncle, his mate & 8yr old nephew were jumped going back to the bus park. The 8yr old got knocked to the ground, split his head open, took a few kicks when he was on the ground and spent the night in hospital. No need at all for this.

southern hibby
27-01-2011, 09:52 AM
If it's true about the 8 year old I for one am sickened by the antics of the people (or should I say animals) responsible for this. An 8 year old kid WTF.

Craigyno1
27-01-2011, 09:58 AM
If it's true about the 8 year old I for one am sickened by the antics of the people (or should I say animals) responsible for this. An 8 year old kid WTF.

He also said that the bus driver had noticed groups of guys waiting between the supporters buses before the game finished. Who knows whether they were "fans" at the game, but it sounds like they werent.

Pretty Boy
27-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Yes, Rangers fan at work told us this morning that his Uncle, his mate & 8yr old nephew were jumped going back to the bus park. The 8yr old got knocked to the ground, split his head open, took a few kicks when he was on the ground and spent the night in hospital. No need at all for this.

Pretty poor if true.

If a bunch of grown up dafties who should really know better want to act all macho with each other at the football then thats up to them.

Knocking down then putting the boot into an 8 year old child. That takes some bravery that, you could almost call the guys involved heroes.

lucky
27-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Surely this can't be true. I walked along the end of London road and saw nothing

Craigyno1
27-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Surely this can't be true. I walked along the end of London road and saw nothing

100% true, mate. I would find it hard to believe too but the 8yr old has spent the night in hospital. It didnt happen in London Rd but in the overflow bus park up Regent Road.

Vini1875
27-01-2011, 10:15 AM
I don't believe the story about the 8 year old. It is typical of the huns, they try to claim the high moral ground all the time, like they are an example of dignity.

Cropley10
27-01-2011, 10:28 AM
My wife works in A&E at the Sick Kids - and was working last night.

She said they didn't have anyone fitting this description, after the game.

Must have gone back to Glasgow to be treated by the sounds of it.

Chuck Rhoades
27-01-2011, 11:03 AM

Sounds like a rumour a Yam would start...

Craigyno1
27-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Sounds like a rumour a Yam would start...

Took longer than I thought for a reponse like that. Was having a laugh with my mate (who also supports hibs) at work that someone will accuse me of this coz my post count is low. I was sickened when I heard the story as my eldest son is 8yrs old, is a Hibs Kid and goes to Easter Rd

Cropley10
27-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Took longer than I thought for a reponse like that. Was having a laugh with my mate (who also supports hibs) at work that someone will accuse me of this coz my post count is low. I was sickened when I heard the story as my eldest son is 8yrs old, is a Hibs Kid and goes to Easter Rd

None story mate. Like I said my wife works in A&E - and our 3 kids are all Hibs kids.

Cabbage East
27-01-2011, 11:23 AM
That 8 year old story is total fiction.

chrisski33
27-01-2011, 11:23 AM
i work on london rd and didnt see any trouble

Ireallywasthere
27-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Definitely not true, tripped on the kerb and bumped his head. Not assaulted but was taken away by ambulance

cabbageandribs1875
27-01-2011, 11:24 AM
according to swallowswallow it was hibs casuals,

They smashed Motherwell at the weekend, must be on a high from smashing up 30 SS and the brandon bar. Must state they turned up tooled up too.... Very sad but hibs all over

They had a set to with Motherwell on saturday.Front page of the local paper 25 a side fight in town centre.Heard the Motherwell pub was set about Hibs boys running about with weapons.Its ok they didnt sing any bad songs

8 year old lad from our bus took a sore one, got knocked over when they were running down by the buses

Scouse Hibee
27-01-2011, 11:27 AM
There was a problem with one of the Police horses on Easter Road after the game, did anyone see what happened?

Lmc2105
27-01-2011, 11:39 AM
if this is true which i don't think it is then it just sets up them wanting revenge when we go to ibrox!

it's pathetic go and watch your team and go home peacefully i just don't understand where fighting is such a buzzz for people especially adults get a grip!!!

Green_one
27-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Whole story smells to me. An 8 year old might have been injured, by whom and it what circumstances?

Too much 'I know a guy who knows a guy' and no actual witnesses.

The one I got at work was Hibs casuals attacked Rangers fans

Odd that the knuckle dragging monsters we all see at these games are somehow the hapless victims.

God Petrie
27-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Anything that discourages these weegie rats from coming to the fatherland is fine by me.

Albion Hibs
27-01-2011, 12:24 PM
I did not leave the stadium straight away, they kept the police in place for a little longer than usual but by the time we were let out and got to easter road there was nothing to see, other than a few wagons and a couple of police horses. I drove back along waterloo place and there was plenty of police up beside the huns supporters buses, but it may always be like that.

Hibernia Na Eir
27-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Definitely not true, tripped on the kerb and bumped his head.

like the fella in 71?

Craigyno1
27-01-2011, 02:34 PM
None story mate. Like I said my wife works in A&E - and our 3 kids are all Hibs kids.

That 8 year old story is total fiction.

I never started the story, just replying with what Id heard from a relative of the boy.

He was taken to RIE (due to the head injury) and let home at 10am this morning. It turns out the boy got knocked over when his dad got pushed, and got a kick when he was on the ground for good luck.

Find it hard to believe some of the replies today when an 8yr old boy was involved. It shouldnt matter what team he supports when this happens.

FromTheCapital
27-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Disgusting.... Majority of these animals don't care about the score, They just go for fighting....

****holes. :rolleyes:

frazeHFC
27-01-2011, 02:40 PM
like the fella in 71?

I'm young, what happened?

Don't believe the 8 year old story, but still sickening reading it.

Antifa Hibs
27-01-2011, 05:43 PM
From what i've been reading today... So far this bairn is 6/7/8/10, he was travelling on the ayr bus/my boss is from stirling and knows the kid from there/he's from glasgow. He was knocked over by his dad and banged his hied/someone punched him/he was knocked to the ground and someone put the boot.

I'm not seeing a kid wasn't caught up in the melee and wasn't injured, but I highly doubt someone would put the boot into a bairn. There was trouble at the coach's last night and from that I can only gather Chinese whispers has ensued. Anyone mind Roma v Lazio a few years back?

Kevster81
27-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Anything that discourages these weegie rats from coming to the fatherland is fine by me.

Hail hail !!! Totally agree !!

Www1875hfc
27-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Currently a 7 pager over on swallow swallow.
But what they fail to post is the behaviour of there own fans walking towards the stadium.
Even after the game,when it was obvious that the police horse had broken its leg,and was in a serious condition lying on the road, Q, the huns, a wee song singing about the policeman and his horse.

Weegie Binliners every 1 of them.

Nameless
27-01-2011, 06:25 PM
He was taken to RIE (due to the head injury) and let home at 10am this morning. It turns out the boy got knocked over when his dad got pushed, and got a kick when he was on the ground for good luck

If your going to spread such a lie, you really need to check your facts first:rolleyes:

Craigyno1
27-01-2011, 06:31 PM
If your going to spread such a lie, you really need to check your facts first:rolleyes:

Eh? I hate the Old Firm as much as anyone, but when my mate from work spoke to the boys dad on the phone today to ask how his son was when he got home from hospital, I took that as a true story. How did you get your "facts"?

All I did today was give an account of the incident after I heard it from a family member at work. Still cant believe some of the replies I have read.

SaulGoodman
27-01-2011, 06:35 PM
There was a problem with one of the Police horses on Easter Road after the game, did anyone see what happened?

The Horse saw Lafferty. It thought he was it's long lost brother.

It then collapsed due to excitement.

EH6 Hibby
27-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Eh? I hate the Old Firm as much as anyone, but when my mate from work spoke to the boys dad on the phone today to ask how his son was when he got home from hospital, I took that as a true story. How did you get your "facts"?

All I did today was give an account of the incident after I heard it from a family member at work. Still cant believe some of the replies I have read.

What replies are these? The ones that are saying how disgraceful it is if it's true, or the ones that are questioning your story? I can only see one reply that's out of order and even that's tongue in cheek so I fail to see where the righteous indignation is coming from.

DH1875
27-01-2011, 06:50 PM
It's bang out of order if true. What happened to the whole casuals only fight other casuals and don't use weapons bull crap. That said I'd have thought it would have been on the news, in the papers or even talked about on the radio if an 8 year old had been done.

FranckSuzy
27-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Obviously if this is true, it is disgusting. The reason I question whether it is or not is that if a child was injured, they'd go straight to the Sick Kids and not the RIE. Not being pedantic but just wishing to get to the truth.

essexhibee
28-01-2011, 06:44 AM
That is shocking if true...

But i seriously doubt it is. I know most of these neds are braindead but would they really as be as low to kick a young child on the ground?! Highly doubt that.

I thought casuals only attacked other casuals and not scarfers? :rolleyes:

Big Frank
28-01-2011, 07:11 AM
Wind and piss from start to finish.

CraigHibee
28-01-2011, 07:19 AM
Wind and piss from start to finish.

:agree:

pacorosssco
28-01-2011, 07:25 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3376188/Soccer-thugs-bash-Aiden-8.html

made the news

Phil MaGlass
28-01-2011, 07:31 AM
That is shocking if true...

But i seriously doubt it is. I know most of these neds are braindead but would they really as be as low to kick a young child on the ground?! Highly doubt that.

I thought casuals only attacked other casuals and not scarfers? :rolleyes:

Mibbe they make an exception for huns?

Phil MaGlass
28-01-2011, 07:35 AM
In the headline it states that Soccer Thugs bash Aiden, BUT it does NOT say who knocked him to the ground OR that he was hit while on the ground.

nonshinyfinish
28-01-2011, 07:36 AM
In the headline it states that Soccer Thugs bash Aiden, BUT it does NOT say who knocked him to the ground OR that he was hit while on the ground.

Tabloid newspaper in misleading headline shock...

Still, the overgrown bairns running about fighting have hardly covered themselves in glory.

Beefster
28-01-2011, 07:39 AM

Is it really important who knocked or hit the wee laddie? The fact that a bairn got hurt because grown-ups couldn't behave themselves is all that matters.

Hibernia Na Eir
28-01-2011, 08:05 AM
They'll be feeling blue

Phil MaGlass
28-01-2011, 08:05 AM
Theres a big difference in actually being attacked or being knocked over through a third party, although it is despicable when kids are involved.

Skanko79
28-01-2011, 08:08 AM
Doesnt matter who is responsible, the fact of the matter is an 8 year old laddie has been knocked to the deck due to grown men with nothing better to do than fight with each other. Its disgusting and has no place in our game.

The Tubs
28-01-2011, 08:11 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3376188/Soccer-thugs-bash-Aiden-8.html

made the news

That's nothing. You should see some of my school photos from when I was his age, my face was like a psychedelic whirl of cuts and bruises.