PDA

View Full Version : CC says one more coming, very underwhelming

KiddA
27-01-2011, 03:30 AM
So three players have come in and CC says one more will also come in.

If this is the board backing CC to the hilt I am very very worried. Hibs are in deep s### and we need at least 5 or 6 to really change the line up.

Will this be enough to save us from the drop?

Thoughts please fellow Hibbys

Diclonius
27-01-2011, 03:30 AM
He said "at least three more" yesterday. Looks like all of our deals have fallen through. :boo hoo:

Gala Foxes
27-01-2011, 05:44 AM
his after match interview on radio scotland was another uninspiring tongue tied stumble/fumble for words

hope the pre match dressing room chats are a hell of a lot clearer and higher tempo

stokesmessiah
27-01-2011, 07:23 AM

If this is the board backing CC to the hilt I am very very worried. Hibs are in deep s### and we need at least 5 or 6 to really change the line up.

He really never said that at all....he quite clearly said he hoped another couple were coming !!!

Dont let the truth get in the way of a good rant though, eh???? :bye:

KiddA
27-01-2011, 07:28 AM
He really never said that at all....he quite clearly said he hoped another couple were coming !!!

Calderwood said: "I'm hopeful there will be one more (signing) because we are playing on the Sunday and ithat makes it difficult for us to do something after that; there is a shorter period of time.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110126/calderwood-new-signings-latest_2262950_2277620

:rolleyes:

stokesmessiah
27-01-2011, 07:34 AM
Calderwood said: "I'm hopeful there will be one more (signing) because we are playing on the Sunday and ithat makes it difficult for us to do something after that; there is a shorter period of time.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110126/calderwood-new-signings-latest_2262950_2277620

:rolleyes:

Maybe you should read that article again, he says there is one in the pipeline and maybe one more :rolleyes:

KiddA
27-01-2011, 08:00 AM
Maybe you should read that article again, he says there is one in the pipeline and maybe one more :rolleyes:

Well time will tell, lets no get too defensive about it though :gun:

:wink:

hibs0666
27-01-2011, 08:07 AM

Add in Booth and that will be half the team changed out. Can't do much more than that.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Is underwhelmed on someones word bingo ? ;)

marinello59
27-01-2011, 08:13 AM
Is underwhelmed on someones word bingo ? ;)

In the top ten...number one is still impostor though. :agree:

matty_f
27-01-2011, 08:15 AM

Rediculous. :agree:

persevere1875
27-01-2011, 08:21 AM

Dont know if you've noticed but this is the January window, not the summer one, what else did you really expect, 4/5 signings in the January window and were getting slated for it ??!!!

This window is simply about finding enough steel to carry us through to the end of the season to leave us hopefully still in the SPL and then the rebuilding can really get underway, unless we had received some serious offers for existing players in this window, which it doesnt look so far as though we have, he was never going to do more than look to the summer rebuild when contracts expire.

The fact that the lads he's brought in are all young and hungry with something to prove, should be enough to pull us away from Hamilton and St Mirren and that Im afraid is the best we can expect this season.

Danderhall Hibs
27-01-2011, 08:21 AM

Rediculous. :agree:

:hilarious I where just thinking that.

The Falcon
27-01-2011, 08:35 AM

The trooth has very little to do with any of it. Its not want they want to here.

billbee
27-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Fed up with the whole lot o them - Lets wait an see!

KiddA
27-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Dont know if you've noticed but this is the January window, not the summer one, what else did you really expect, 4/5 signings in the January window and were getting slated for it ??!!!

This window is simply about finding enough steel to carry us through to the end of the season to leave us hopefully still in the SPL and then the rebuilding can really get underway, unless we had received some serious offers for existing players in this window, which it doesnt look so far as though we have, he was never going to do more than look to the summer rebuild when contracts expire.

The fact that the lads he's brought in are all young and hungry with something to prove, should be enough to pull us away from Hamilton and St Mirren and that Im afraid is the best we can expect this season.

Yes I have noticed its only the January transfer window, no need for the smart comment

I do hope you are right and these lads can just keep us in the league but why not bring in a couple more its pretty clear we need a major clear out.

I know its easier said than done but CC has had a lot of time even prior to the window opening to identify players.

Now if its a money thing I can also understand but surly we need to spend to survive :dunno: the players he has brought in have been low cost options again.

Hibbyradge
27-01-2011, 09:02 AM
The trooth has very little to do with any of it. Its not want they want to here.

Definately. :agree: