PDA

View Full Version : Referee - Disgrace

frazeHFC
26-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Not seen the lowlights, but everyone in the ground saw the headbutt. Why the hell was Hanlon booked?

Also Ness took out Galbraith twice in quick succession, not even spoken to, yet we get booked for nowt.

Terrible, ref scared of the critiscism.

LancashireHibby
26-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Not seen the lowlights, but everyone in the ground saw the headbutt. Why the hell was Hanlon booked?

Also Ness took out Galbraith twice in quick succession, not even spoken to, yet we get booked for nowt.

Never mind the headbutt, what about the elbow leading up to it? TV commentators were amazed it wasn't a red card.

Removed
26-01-2011, 11:02 PM

:agree: Total lack of consistency and complete bottle merchant

Dalkeith
26-01-2011, 11:03 PM

wasnt just the headbutt but also a premeditated elbow as the 2 of them ran for the ball, looked at hanlon and raised his elbow in direction of hanlons face

grunt
26-01-2011, 11:04 PM
So what was the discussion with the linesman? "I think we can get away with this one, Hibs won't complain".

lapsedhibee
26-01-2011, 11:08 PM
Why the hell was Hanlon booked?

Think Hanlon maybe tripped the Hun up after he got deliberately elbowed in the face.

Cannot understand how McCulloch, in particular, and Weir as usual, got to scream abuse at the ref, tell him how to do his job, etc. Those two should have been carded just for that.

H!BEE
26-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Are we are still shocked when these decisions are made?

the worst one i remember was a linesman giving the huns a penalty at *********** and the linesman was a rangers season ticket holder, i love to see the ****bo's get beat but it does show you how F-up the officals are in scotland.

givescotlandfreedom
26-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Referee was abysmal - if he's only (extremely) incompetent how come these decisions only went one way? Let them away with murder and couldn't wait to book Hibs players. Also let the Hun players - mainly Weir, McCulloch and Bougherra bully him. Had to laugh at him bowing down to Naismith, Weiss and the beast's play acting.
Also I noticed he's got the trained linesmen that only flag for a decision after the ref's made it. These ****bags are killing our game.

Top Pans Hibby
26-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Thought he was extremely poor tonight.....very strange decisions which seemed to go only one way.....

Any chance we could get them to go on strike again ?????

Hibs Class
26-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Are we are still shocked when these decisions are made?

the worst one i remember was a linesman giving the huns a penalty at *********** and the linesman was a rangers season ticket holder, i love to see the ****bo's get beat but it does show you how F-up the officals are in scotland.

:faf::faf:
An SPL linesman has an ST for Ibrox? Presumably for when he got Saturdays off? Someone has been spending too much time on kickback

Hibs07p
26-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Worst one of the night was McCullochs challenge on Galbraith. Galbraith is looking at the ball, McCulloch is looking at the player, and he led with his forearm, making him land ackwardly on his shoulder. That deserved a yellow, if not a red!

Hibercelona
26-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Stoping the game for a Naismith injury (which wasn't even a head injury, or any injury for that matter....) when we are in possesion of the ball...... then giving it back to the manks for a drop kick......

You couldn't make it up! :rotflmao:

12AlbionPlace
26-01-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm still speechless at that clowns performance.

Hanlon incident, easy decision red for the Rangers boy yellow for Hanlon (if that).

Lets Laughferty away with raking his studs down the back of Towells leg, then books Nish for persistent fouling when he'd hardly been near a Rangers player all night.

As for stopping the play when Naibrains was down, the ref must have been panicking we were going to score so he pulls it back.

I've seen some toppers over the years but he was up there with the Freelands et al.

Leithenhibby
26-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Total disgrace that those officials are even associated with our game .. :rolleyes:

And that is why I can't take this *****e anymore. We criticise Celtic for their constant moaning, by-fu**, they has cause after what I saw at ER tonight.

Fix, or just downright ignorance for fairness as it was as clear as day that it was an elbow and he then has the audacity to force his head forward, and picks up a yellow card for his troubles.. FFS :confused: right in front of the linesman.

Bring in the women I say :wink:

woody47
26-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Worst one of the night was McCullochs challenge on Galbraith. Galbraith is looking at the ball, McCulloch is looking at the player, and he led with his forearm, making him land ackwardly on his shoulder. That deserved a yellow, if not a red!

Surely the fact that McPrick was rubbing his ferking elbow should have given it away. He led with the elbow and for it to happen two feet away from that ar£e with the whistle and for him to ignore/miss/cheat says it all about what is wrong with Scottish football. From that moment on you just knew that they would get away with murder.
Ferking hate the pr1cks with the whistles and if I ever saw one on fire I wouldn't waste my p!$$.

Hibercelona
26-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Total disgrace that those officials are even associated with our game .. :rolleyes:

And that is why I can't take this *****e anymore. We criticise Celtic for their constant moaning, by-fu**, they has cause after what I saw at ER tonight.

Fix, or just downright ignorance for fairness as it was as clear as day that it was an elbow and he then has the audacity to force his head forward, and picks up a yellow card for his troubles.. FFS :confused: right in front of the linesman.

Bring in the women I say :wink:

Andy Gray disagrees....... :wink:

I personally think they would do a far better job than these clowns. :agree:

Bishop Hibee
26-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Total joke! Bottled it as he didn't want to be on the back page of the Daily Ranger being vilified for sending a hun off.

Leithenhibby
26-01-2011, 11:35 PM

:agree:

The nation must be p!shing themselves, when they watch the game up here.

Total joke, nuff said. :cool2:

3pm
26-01-2011, 11:36 PM
I walked out when Hanlon was booked. We're so pish normally so what chance do we have when the Ref's refuse to send those clowns off?

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Shocking decision, lets be honest tho, lots more to worry about!

Leithenhibby
26-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Shocking decision, lets be honest tho, lots more to worry about!

:agree: We have so much more to worry about BUT, what chance do we have with officials that are so incompetent :rolleyes:

The Harp Awakes
26-01-2011, 11:49 PM
Lets be honest we lost the game because we gave them 2 of the softest goals you will ever see at any level in football not because of the referee.

Having said that, I'm fed up with these imposters who kid on they are neutral when officiating Rangers games. How many times do we need to witness decisions favouring Rangers? Do they ever get a bad refereeing decision against them? I can't remember seeing one. Some of the decisions which went on tonight were outrageous.

'Bring back the foreigners' was the best shout of the night.

BEEJ
26-01-2011, 11:54 PM
'Bring back the foreigners' was the best shout of the night.
I reckon we should be singing this most weeks. Just to remind them that there IS an alternative.

Saorsa
27-01-2011, 01:15 AM
Blatant cheating as per usual from these bawbags, nothing changes, I wish they would **** off on strike permanently then we could get some decent ones from elsewhere.

Elbow and a head butt = yellow for the hun and yellow for the hibs player, ****in' disgrace. These ***** are that twisted they couldnae lie straight in bed at night.

matty_f
27-01-2011, 01:25 AM
Ref was woeful and some of the decisions were baffling. Or at least they would be baffling if they never happened every single time we play Rangers.:rolleyes:

Bayern Bru
27-01-2011, 01:25 AM

Andy Gray would probably do a better job than half of the bottle-merchants and cowards masquerading as 'referees.'

basehibby
27-01-2011, 02:13 AM
Embarassing preformance from the officials which gives credence to the conspiracy theories of the Yams/Tic etc.

The failure to show a red for an elbow followed by a head butt was unbelievable - as was the decision to stop play as soon as Rangers lost possession just cos Naismith was down having bumped his elbow or something :confused:

Gala Foxes
27-01-2011, 05:59 AM
linesman had a dead-on view and clearly bottled it because it was against the Huns who are obviously untouchable in terms of red cards

Ness tripped two players within minutes of each other & never got a booking - just as bad and inconsistent

Barney McGrew
27-01-2011, 07:33 AM
The ref allowed himself to be bullied by both Weird and Bougherra, who were in his face every time a decision was made against Rangers. Yet the ridiculous moment when he stopped the game for Naismith getting a ladder in his tights, we just stood back and let it happen without a peep.

I'm not saying we should be doing what Man United do, but a bit more pressure on refs when they make crap decisions by our team wouldn't go amiss.

green.oracle
27-01-2011, 08:29 AM
I've spent the best part of fifty years watching decisions like that in old firm games (yes smeltic are not immune when it comes to benefiting from incompetent cheating referees).

1) - Fails to book Ness for taking Galbraith out twice in five minutes, yet books Mcbride and Towell for their first fouls

2) - Fails to book Jelkovic for persistent fouling in the first half (6 times penalised), yet books Nish for persistent fouling

3) - Fails to send off Jelkovic in the second half

4) - Fails to book or send off Laugherty for raking his studs down Towell's leg in what was direct "pre meditated revenge" for Towell's tackle 2 minutes earlier

The list goes on.

I've followed Hibs home and away and all over Europe for these fifty years but stopped going to Ibrox and Parkhead five years ago. Main reason the way were treated and cheated through there. I'm now fast approaching the decision to stop attending these games at ER.

Talk to any real fan of any other scottish club and they could list the same type of grievances. If every other fan in Scotland did the same and failed to attend old firm games, coupled with every team in the league putting their under 19's out in these games (we had five players booked last night which may cost us later on in the season) maybe then the SPL and club chairman will sit up and take notice.

The sooner the great unwashed are shipped to an interplanetary league many millions of light years away the better.

Rant over

Leithenhibby
27-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Blatant cheating as per usual from these bawbags, nothing changes, I wish they would **** off on strike permanently then we could get some decent ones from elsewhere.

Elbow and a head butt = yellow for the hun and yellow for the hibs player, ****in' disgrace. These ***** are that twisted they couldnae lie straight in bed at night.

:greengrin :agree: Very true.

They can't see the wood for the trees, they are killing OUR, game slowly :rolleyes:

dangermouse
27-01-2011, 08:58 AM
As many as you want if you play for Rangers.

I don't mind players getting booked where appropriate but please be consistent with both teams.

McBride booked for the foul that lead to their first goal but Ness and Weir make similar challenges and only get spoken to. Two blatant corners not given to Hibs. Several hand ball decisions that Rangers got away with (fair enough they only used one hand).

The one that tipped me over the edge was when he booked Ian Murray. Ref went to his pocket but did not pull out the card. Took Murray aside to speak to him then glanced at the fourth official who nodded his head and lo and behold Murray goes into the book for a challenge no worse than most of the Huns were making all night.

Bring back the foreign refs (maybe the fans should go on strike until they do :greengrin) or bring on women officials. Seriously they couldn't be any worse. My wife is amazed at what players (both opposition and Hibs) get away with if we are watching on the cabbage on the telly and she knows nowt about football (although she knows the salt has to be in front of the pepper before the ball is kicked for the salt to be offside)

TonyStokeprano
27-01-2011, 11:27 AM
That wee fat prick is probably the worst referee i've ever seen. I hate him with a passion, He is so bad at his job, how doe he still have a job? He is absolutely useless.

brog
27-01-2011, 11:43 AM
That wee fat prick is probably the worst referee i've ever seen. I hate him with a passion, He is so bad at his job, how doe he still have a job? He is absolutely useless.

Agreed! How did 8 players get booked in a passionless game? Why was Nish booked, he looked utterly bemused & why was Ness not booked? A deliberate foul, bringing man down from behind then he committed another foul within a couple of minutes. Sadly S O'R is pretty much representative of our incompetent referees, with IMO, the notable exception of Calum Murray.

Hibhibhooray
27-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Sorry if already mentioned but the first goal, weir fouled Hanlon to win the ball, he had both hands on Paul's shoulders and the ref gave nothing,

and the rest of the night just got worse and worse

TonyStokeprano
27-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Mculloch takes galbraith out with a bad tackle no booking, five minutes later murray makes a foul and hes booked.

Mcbride gets a deserved booking for tripping weiss from behind, Ness(i think it was) makes a trip from behind on galbraith as he is driving towards to goal no booking.

Jelavic deliberately handballs it no booking then 5 minutes later he throws an elbow at hanlon, moves his head towards hanlons head and both players get booked, if he had booked jelavic for the handball he woulda been off.

Then towell picks up a booking ten seconds later lafferty clatters towell on the halfway line about 5 seconds late no booking, hibs launch the free kick in nish challenges and is booked.

A corner we should have had was missed by all the officials aswell.

Easily the worst ref i have ever seen

Pretty Boy
27-01-2011, 03:30 PM
The linesman involved in the Hanlon incident was Willie Conquer. He used to run the line and ocassionally referee in the East of Scotland league a few years back when i played at that level.

An erse of the highest order then and still is now. One of those refs who thought he was the main event. Definite hun as well and open about it.

FromTheCapital
27-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Ref bottled it....

mikethehibee69
27-01-2011, 03:56 PM
:top marks Agree with everything u said, was in my usual seat and was livid at what i was watching with regards to the ref and assisant linesman, no wonder managers get sent to the stand, if I was any closer I would have throttled the ref :wink:
I've spent the best part of fifty years watching decisions like that in old firm games (yes smeltic are not immune when it comes to benefiting from incompetent cheating referees).

1) - Fails to book Ness for taking Galbraith out twice in five minutes, yet books Mcbride and Towell for their first fouls

2) - Fails to book Jelkovic for persistent fouling in the first half (6 times penalised), yet books Nish for persistent fouling

3) - Fails to send off Jelkovic in the second half

4) - Fails to book or send off Laugherty for raking his studs down Towell's leg in what was direct "pre meditated revenge" for Towell's tackle 2 minutes earlier

The list goes on.

I've followed Hibs home and away and all over Europe for these fifty years but stopped going to Ibrox and Parkhead five years ago. Main reason the way were treated and cheated through there. I'm now fast approaching the decision to stop attending these games at ER.

Talk to any real fan of any other scottish club and they could list the same type of grievances. If every other fan in Scotland did the same and failed to attend old firm games, coupled with every team in the league putting their under 19's out in these games (we had five players booked last night which may cost us later on in the season) maybe then the SPL and club chairman will sit up and take notice.

The sooner the great unwashed are shipped to an interplanetary league many millions of light years away the better.

Rant over

JimBHibees
27-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Ref bottled it....

Completely you can be absolutely 100% sure it wouldnt have happened the other way round. In saying that I think Hanlon could have made more of a meal of it, him standing up gave the bottlers an excuse for the 2 yellows.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2011, 07:12 PM
I feel Lennons actions have actually worked for him. I thought the ref against Celtic was scared stiff to give any decision against them, and because of that, they are now scared to give anything against the other lot too. :boo hoo: