PDA

View Full Version : If the unthinkable happens...

tam4hibs
26-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Just hadn't seen this anywhere; but should our relegation fear become a reality how much trouble would we be in?

My thoughts are, that if this league reconstruction presses ahead, then likely there will be no promotion from division one. I sincerely worry for our clubs existence in the modern age if we had to endure TWO seasons in the 1st division.

Petrie, take note: your penny pinching trying to protect the long term future of our club could intact do the opposite!!!

Likely?

I'm just trying not to think about that, trying to remin positive without being niave and hope we start winning (or at least scoring or picking up points)!

topmab
26-01-2011, 10:55 PM
It won't!! Stop worrying.

Fantic
26-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Chill, we'll go on a run

Hibercelona
26-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Chill, we'll go on a run

It won't!! Stop worrying.

We WILL get relegated this season.

Anybody who can't see this is a god damn fool!

Hamilton are p!sh, but they'll battle away.

We're p!sh, and we won't show any fight what so ever.

Only one possible outcome.

topmab
26-01-2011, 10:59 PM
we will get relegated this season.

fail! Fail! Fail!!!!!!

Hibercelona
26-01-2011, 11:01 PM
fail! Fail! Fail!!!!!!

Erm aye...... that pretty much sums up my prediction. :confused:

topmab
26-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Erm aye...... that pretty much sums up my prediction. :confused:

Bottom line is that if the worst comes to the worst (and I still believe we'll end up mid-table), Hamilton are the worst team in the league. Combine that with the fact that we will be able to attract better players (and ARE doing) in the transfer window, I just cannot see us getting relegated.

There is just TOO much negativity here. Yeah were bad but NOT relegation material.

Fantic
26-01-2011, 11:06 PM

Disagree. There's a strong possibility we won't get relegated.

magnificent_seven
26-01-2011, 11:11 PM

Or an optimist. If everybody around the club had your attitude then we'd be as well just giving up! I'm not saying we should be quietly confident but looking on the brighter side of life now and again goes a long way! :wink:

Hibercelona
26-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Bottom line is that if the worst comes to the worst (and I still believe we'll end up mid-table), Hamilton are the worst team in the league. Combine that with the fact that we will be able to attract better players (and ARE doing) in the transfer window, I just cannot see us getting relegated.

There is just TOO much negativity here. Yeah were bad but NOT relegation material.

Hamilton aren't worse than us though. They wouldn't have lost to Ayr!

And where are these "better players" we are attracting?

The only way you attract better players is by flashing the cash. We aren't even trying for players like Adam Rooney FFS.

Hibercelona
26-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Or an optimist. If everybody around the club had your attitude then we'd be as well just giving up! I'm not saying we should be quietly confident but looking on the brighter side of life now and again goes a long way! :wink:

If everybody at the club had my attitude, we'd never have been aloud to get so bad.

magnificent_seven
26-01-2011, 11:14 PM
If everybody at the club had my attitude, we'd never have been aloud to get so bad.

What would you have done differently?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing! :greengrin

Hibercelona
26-01-2011, 11:17 PM
What would you have done differently?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing! :greengrin

Well put it this way... they would have got nae money until things got sorted out.

We've got teams above us that only get a 4th or a 5th of the crowd that we get and look where we are.

There is no excuse for it.

tamsonsbairn
27-01-2011, 01:14 AM
Just hadn't seen this anywhere; but should our relegation fear become a reality how much trouble would we be in?

My thoughts are, that if this league reconstruction presses ahead, then likely there will be no promotion from division one. I sincerely worry for our clubs existence in the modern age if we had to endure TWO seasons in the 1st division.

Petrie, take note: your penny pinching trying to protect the long term future of our club could intact do the opposite!!!

Likely?

I'm just trying not to think about that, trying to remin positive without being niave and hope we start winning (or at least scoring or picking up points)!

Didn't Terry Butcher say that if they went for the 10/10 league that the season after next that 3 teams would be demoted from the premier, which to my calculations means that the team to finish top of the first would be promoted. so if we were relegated we could still be promoted the following year.

silverhibee
27-01-2011, 01:36 AM

But are wee.

Hibby70
27-01-2011, 07:52 AM
I'm not convinced it will be too much of a bad thing to go down. I'd rather we had a year to build without pressure on young players than another year down the bottom of the league with 3 going down.

Might even find our home gates would be better, god not sure if theyd get much worse.

Think we'll find out soon enough.

marinello59
27-01-2011, 07:56 AM
I'm not convinced it will be too much of a bad thing to go down. I'd rather we had a year to build without pressure on young players than another year down the bottom of the league with 3 going down.

Might even find our home gates would be better, god not sure if theyd get much worse.

Think we'll find out soon enough.

The pressure to bounce straight back up would be immense. Relegation would / will be nothing short of disastrous.

Sandy
27-01-2011, 07:57 AM
Hamilton aren't worse than us though. They wouldn't have lost to Ayr!

And where are these "better players" we are attracting?

The only way you attract better players is by flashing the cash. We aren't even trying for players like Adam Rooney FFS.

Err yes we are, as confirmed by Terry Butcher. As for the 'better players' comment, I don't see anyone else at our end of the table getting players like Thornhill do you ?

killie-hibby
27-01-2011, 08:43 AM
How things are just now it's hard to believe we will score a goal. Winning a game will need a miracle when considering the current squads demotivated,gutless and ambivelant attitude. Before the January window opened I was convinced we would see two or three tough and hardened professionals come in. So far it has not happened. With five days of the window remaining we have had what seems a reasonable signing from Dingwall,a couple of teenagers and an injured Notts. Forest reserve. Hardly enough to make any impact against battlers like Hamilton and StMirren.
It's my opinion that the Hibs board and management are resigned to relegation. Otherwise half a million upwards would have been spent on players with enough experience to keep us up. Inconsistancy in team selection points to Calderwood
using league games to aseess his squad rather than build a team set up to survive. It's depressing.
The only thing we can look forward to in the 1st divivision is no Rantic,therefore less biased referees.

The Falcon
27-01-2011, 08:47 AM
I can pretty much guarantee that nobody will die and no child will go hungry because of it.

Likely?

jiggerman
27-01-2011, 08:54 AM

Its people with your totally unsubstantiated and deluded view that worry me. I hope no one involved in running/playing Hibs thinks the same.

Doing a little trend analysis points to Hamilton overtaking us in coming weeks through general attrition of our points gap (points against Celtic and Caley away).

I'm not saying we are going to relegated, as I am not ruling out new signings changing things, but equally, AT THE MOMENT, we ARE going down - we just don't know how to score goals, and as the weeks pass it looks less and less likely.

p.s. Mid-table ha aha ha

johnrebus
27-01-2011, 09:12 AM

Petrie, take note: your penny pinching trying to protect the long term future of our club could intact do the opposite!!! [/I][/B]Likely? I'm just trying not to think about that, trying to remin positive without being niave and hope we start winning (or at least scoring or picking up points)!

I am not a big fan of Petrie but he is in the same position as the manager in that he has a budget to work with. The man with the real power is Sir Tom Farmer and he seems to remain untouchable - but for how long?

If we were to go down, I'm pretty sure that STF would take it as a personal afront and provide the where with all to get us back.

The one thing that makes this situation so much worse is the other lot in this city, who are about £50m down in the last few years, yet have a playing staff the size of a small country and pay wages bordering on a kings ransom to some pretty ordinary players. It is not right, and the sooner Platini gets his way about clubs living within their means the better.

As far as our own team is concerned, regardless of the result at Tannadice, I feel that if we lose at home to St Mirren next midweek, Calderwood has to walk.

:boo hoo:

Jim44
27-01-2011, 09:58 AM

Some may argue there is too much delusion here. If Hamilton are the worst team in the league, we are doing our best to prove this theory wrong. Hamilton's recent record against us suggests that they will win the game in hand against us and with two games in hand, we are effectively bottom of the SPL just now. If, as has been suggested, Riordan and Miller leave in this window, our slight chance of survival will go down the tube and relegation will be unavoidable. The bookies are beginning to see the inevitable and in the space of a few weeks the odds against Hibs going down have plummeted from 14/1 to 4/1.

Cropley10
27-01-2011, 11:13 AM

Likely?

We are fortunate enough to be able to afford a very talented Board, so I think we will avoid relegation.

Conversely, were we to be relegated, we would certainly not be able to afford such a talented team of people and would have to make do with less.