PDA

View Full Version : Victor Palsson - Signing confirmed (merged)

hibs4eve
26-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Liiverpool midfielder 19years old

cocopops1875
26-01-2011, 10:47 PM
is this a fact or have you plucked a name out of the air ?

Winston Ingram
26-01-2011, 10:47 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6703566,00.html

Never heard of him

...another midfielder apparently

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/first-team/player/victor-palsson

I had thought a striker was a priority but when yer central midfield is made up of Rankin and De Graff it speaks volumes

HibbyAndy
26-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Another loanee or a contract?

frazeHFC
Heard of him, was tipped as a good prospect last i heard. Dunno much about him though.

sleeping giant
Keep them coming !!

killie-hibby
is this a fact or have you plucked a name out of the air ?

It's on SSN. Icelander who has been on loan to Dagenham. Dont know what position .

Sammy7nil
26-01-2011, 10:50 PM
EXACTLY what we need a young boy with NO game time under his belt

FFS you could not make it up

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2011, 10:51 PM
What position does he play?

frazeHFC
26-01-2011, 10:51 PM

CM i think, attack minded. Might be a striker.

sleeping giant
26-01-2011, 10:52 PM

Who cares ?:greengrin

CB_NO3
26-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Ill ask again, loan or permanent?

LancashireHibby
26-01-2011, 10:55 PM

Can't imagine it being anything other than a loan.

Winston Ingram
26-01-2011, 10:56 PM

Why don't you read the link? It's the only information there is at this stage

Mikey
26-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Mentioned on the PM board yesterday. He played in a bounce game against Dunfermline and looked very good.

magnificent_seven
26-01-2011, 10:58 PM

Aye, we may as well write him off straight away eh?

Mikey
26-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Can't imagine it being anything other than a loan.

His contract at Liverpool expires in the summer. It could therefore be a permanent transfer.

sleeping giant

:hilarious

You ask away mate :greengrin

EVENTUALLY
Victor played in a bounce game on Tues and was very impressive. The keeper also looks the part I'm told.

Top Pans Hibby
26-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Definitely need someone up front. Powder puff in last third tonight........

Cropley10
26-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Is there any chance that he might take the place of Rankin or McHide

SteveHFC
Heard of him, was tipped as a good prospect last i heard. Dunno much about him though.

:agree::agree:

Part/Time Supporter

Defensive midfielder. Has played centre half at times for Liverpool stiffs.

CB_NO3
26-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Why don't you read the link? It's the only information there is at this stage

I have read the link. I though there may have been more info on the SSN TV channel.

Ferryhibby
26-01-2011, 11:04 PM

As opposed to the 'class' midfield we have with plenty of game time and doin fkall :wink:

Kurtz
26-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Started as a striker, became a defensive midfielder, and now plays at centre half. A one-man 'spine of the team' if you like ! 6' 1", 19 and signed a 2 1/2 year contract in Jan 2009 with Liverpool until 2011. Assume he's out of contract with them in summer 2011.

http://live4liverpool.com/2010/04/view-from-the-kop/a-%E2%80%98star-in-the-making%E2%80%99-%E2%80%93-victor-palsson

calder45a
26-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Liverpool fans dont think much of him.

"Rafa did sign some pretty bad players that happen to still be here. I'm talking about Nikola Saric, Jordy Brouwer, Andras Simon, Victor Palsson,"

I think the above 4 would still get a game for Hibs and be able to step right in to the squad.

Sammy7nil
26-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Aye, we may as well write him off straight away eh?

No we should not get him full stop

We dont need 19yr olds with NO experience we need battle hardend fighters who wont make mistakes like Towell did, he played okay but lack of experience cost us.

magnificent_seven
26-01-2011, 11:27 PM

We dont need 19yr olds with NO experience we need battle hardend fighters who wont make mistakes like Towell did, he played okay but lack of experience cost us.

Who and where are these experienced,hardened fighters going to come from!?

Sammy7nil
26-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Who and where are these experienced,hardened fighters going to come from!?

Sorry mate I dont get paid a couple of Grand a week and have ateam of scouts and coaches to help me idebntify them. If I get that deal I will identify them in the meantime if your looking for 19yr olds with no game time me and Colin are your men.

magnificent_seven
26-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Sorry mate I dont get paid a couple of Grand a week and have ateam of scouts and coaches to help me idebntify them. If I get that deal I will identify them in the meantime if your looking for 19yr olds with no game time me and Colin are your men.

Well at least an effort is being made to get players in. Hibs need goals just now and if this guy can create or score them in the SPL then it doesn't matter if he is 19 or 39.

Speedy
26-01-2011, 11:43 PM

Well he was deemed to be better than the experienced Michael Hart. Personally I'd rather have someone with talent and potential than someone who is experienced but ultimately not going to take us anywhere.

I don't know anything about Palsson but we'll have to hope that the scouts/manager do.

bingo70
26-01-2011, 11:43 PM

I actually agree with you to an extent that what we need just now is experience, however there isn't a lot of experienced good players on the go at this time of year, any experienced players you get are likely to be journeymen like the dross we normally sign at the last minute.

Ian Murray and Kevin Mcbride are both experienced, if this lad is good and better than them who would you rather play?

In an ideal world we'd have agood mix of experience and youthfull enthusiasm, it's not the ideal world though so if we can't get good experienced players i'd rather get good young players that might go onto achieve something than journeymen pro's that have made a career out of being average.

Sammy7nil
26-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Well at least an effort is being made to get players in. Hibs need goals just now and if this guy can create or score them in the SPL then it doesn't matter if he is 19 or 39.

I agree BUT with 2 19yr old fullbacks a 20 yr old CH a 20 yr winger (with no final ball) and the rest of the squad really really struggling I think the last thing we need is a young boy who has no experience that he can fall back on will help.

Iain G
26-01-2011, 11:48 PM
I don't care about age or experience, if they are better than that dross we have out there, get them all in, the more the merrier to be honest as that existing bunch of chancers have had their chance and blown it over and over again :agree:

scoopyboy
26-01-2011, 11:50 PM
I agree BUT with 2 19yr old fullbacks a 20 yr old CH a 20 yr winger (with no final ball) and the rest of the squad really really struggling I think the last thing we need is a young boy who has no experience that he can fall back on will help.

At the moment I would say the younger players are the ones who look liklier than the experienced players at the club.

I would hope to get an experienced goalie, centre half and centre forward in, I don't want much eh.

magnificent_seven
26-01-2011, 11:52 PM

We signed an experienced full back called Michael Hart in the summer. We also signed an experienced midfielder who goes by the name of Edwin de Graaf.

I see where you are coming from but who is to say that this guy from Liverpool isn't a battler. He might have no experience next to Hart of De Graff but i'd say there's a good chance he will have double the battle, because lets face it, it's not exactly hard compared to they two.

bingo70
26-01-2011, 11:55 PM
At the moment I would say the younger players are the ones who look liklier than the experienced players at the club.

I would hope to get an experienced goalie, centre half and centre forward in, I don't want much eh.

:agree:

Great point, tonight it was Galbraith and the two full backs desperate to bomb forward to make things happen, whenever the experienced players got the ball they slowed it down and hoped something would happen.

At the back i thought Hanlon played like the more experienced of the two centre halfs as well.

hibby67
26-01-2011, 11:56 PM

would you rather rely on experiance players like degraph/rankin/mcbride etc
i find this argument between young player and experiance players a lot of p*@s

i'd rather have a young lad with a bit of energy and fight in them to try and make a name for them self rather that a run of the mill experianced guy who is playing out there days not really bothered what happens as long as the pick up their wages......

what we need is for the managment team to build up there confidence pump them up and tell them to go out on the pitch and show these older boys there time is up and move on for the new generation.....:blah:

Sammy7nil
26-01-2011, 11:56 PM
We signed an experienced full back called Michael Hart in the summer. We also signed an experienced midfielder who goes by the name of Edwin de Graaf.

I see where you are coming from but who is to say that this guy from Liverpool isn't a battler. He might have no experience next to Hart of De Graff but i'd say there's a good chance he will have double the battle, because lets face it, it's not exactly hard compared to they two.

He may well do and I hope he has unfortunately he will probably play back passes like Towell :rolleyes: dont get me wrong Towell was good but boys will make mistakes and we cant afford to have 5 of them in the team.

BEEJ
26-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Latest from CC would suggest two more players at the most.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110126/calderwood-new-signings-latest_2262950_2277620

Sammy7nil
27-01-2011, 12:01 AM

Great point, tonight it was Galbraith and the two full backs desperate to bomb forward to make things happen, whenever the experienced players got the ball they slowed it down and hoped something would happen.

At the back i thought Hanlon played like the more experienced of the two centre halfs as well.

I dont disagree but Galbraith created NOTHING he has no final ball, Towell played well and put the nail in your coffin tonight, Booth was staedy no more, Hanlon was part of defence posted missing yet again at set piece.

5 under 21 year olds is far too many the balance is wrong i agree our older players are not good enough but 5 - 6 kids wont work

hibeez1875
27-01-2011, 12:07 AM
The reason we're in the poo is that the board and (former) management have allowed us to have 16 players whose contracts run out at the end of this season. The majority of these players know they are about to get binned and so don't give a to$$. If they did care our squad would be too good for Hamilton (not saying much) and we'd be fine.
As it is, I'd rather get relegated playing a bunch of kids that will make mistakes but will at least try than play the 'experienced' wasters that have proved themselves inadequate.

Diclonius
27-01-2011, 12:10 AM
If he indeed comes here, I expect CC will sign a couple of experienced players before the end of the window - preferably Crowe and Thompson (only if Deek doesn't leave).

HibbingtonHibs
27-01-2011, 12:11 AM
"Certainly his strengths lie in the defensive third, he is a superb tackler, is very strong on the ball and has excellent aerial ability, all attributes that make for an excellent central defender."

Sounds like Jones to me and selling him put us into a huge slump IMO.

KWJ
27-01-2011, 12:27 AM
How old was Grant Brebner when he came on loan to us from ManUtd?

When we got relegated?
:wink: Sorry, I agree with you but it's true!

Kato
27-01-2011, 12:31 AM
When we got relegated?
:wink: Sorry, I agree with you but it's true!

but we put up a fight

Speedy
27-01-2011, 01:01 AM
The reason we're in the poo is that the board and (former) management have allowed us to have 16 players whose contracts run out at the end of this season. The majority of these players know they are about to get binned and so don't give a to$$. If they did care our squad would be too good for Hamilton (not saying much) and we'd be fine.
As it is, I'd rather get relegated playing a bunch of kids that will make mistakes but will at least try than play the 'experienced' wasters that have proved themselves inadequate.

Would you not say it is more of a problem that the players are crap and therefore don't deserve a contract rather than the issue being that their contract is running out? After all, if any of them were particularly outstanding and deserving of a contract extention then they would get one.

sahib
27-01-2011, 08:02 AM
I don't think the board have grasped the seriousness of the situation. Still gambling on the low cost option.

bighairyfaeleith
27-01-2011, 08:12 AM
So is he on loan then????

Why won't anyone tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a serious note, looks a good prospect, hopefully we won'y write him off before he gets here.

Oh we already have ok.:rolleyes:

marinello59
27-01-2011, 08:15 AM
So is he on loan then????

Why won't anyone tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a serious note, looks a good prospect, hopefully we won'y write him off before he gets here.

Oh we already have ok.:rolleyes:

I have started writing players off before I have even heard of them. That's how much I love Hibs. :agree:

matty_f
27-01-2011, 08:17 AM
I have started writing players off before I have even heard of them. That's how much I love Hibs. :agree:

I've almost ran out of things to write off at hibs. I'm even at the point of dismissing hibs registration plates as a tacky gimmick, and don't get me started on next year's calender.

bighairyfaeleith
27-01-2011, 08:31 AM

It is getting quite ridiculous the posts about new signings.

The minute I seen that laddie towel make the mistake last night, I just thought thats his hibs career done as the fans will be immediately on him. Now I'm a fairly critical fan but we do need to get behind the team just now and give it our all between now and the end of the season otherwise we will go down.

Green_one
27-01-2011, 08:36 AM
How old was Grant Brebner when he came on loan to us from ManUtd?

We got relegated with Brebner. :devil:

Whatever way you look at it a 19 year old is unlikely to dig us out out this hole. We already have young guys joining the team from our own squad. I think we are now in danger of fiddling so much with this team and bringing in players who will not substantially alter the position, that we end us slipping further into the mire. Even with the current signings guys like Riordan and Nish need to stand up and be counted. Can he even pick one decent goallie from 5 ??!!!!:confused:

The Falcon
27-01-2011, 08:42 AM
I've almost ran out of things to write off at hibs. I'm even at the point of dismissing hibs registration plates as a tacky gimmick, and don't get me started on next year's calender.

Does it have any experience? Its obviously the cheap option if it doesent and has not played at a decent level like Hart and De Graff. :rolleyes:

NeilOrrSquareBa
27-01-2011, 08:45 AM
We need all the help we can get and if a 19 year old reserve from Liverpool can do the biz I'll say aye!

Sergio sledge
27-01-2011, 09:04 AM
An inexperienced youngster who plays well every 2nd game is better than an experienced player who never plays well.

bighairyfaeleith
27-01-2011, 09:05 AM
An inexperienced youngster who plays well every 2nd game is better than an experienced player who never plays well.

Exactly!!

dangermouse
27-01-2011, 09:07 AM

It was hardly Towell's fault we lost. We were already a goal down due to a needless foul and then poor defending. When Towell gave away the ball for the second goal he was going for the only option he had at the time as no one helped him out. It was unfortunate that the pass was under hit but he was absolutely gutted after he made the mistake. McBride was the only player on the park to give him encouragement to lift his game right away. I thought he had a good game and I doubt he'll make that mistake again and will be an asset to the team.

To win games you have to score goals. Blame the midfield and strikers for losing us the game as Towell did more attacking than most of the midfield.

RIP
27-01-2011, 09:08 AM
According to various sources we were after Ivan Sproule. It was a done deal until our scouting team discovered that he was goin on a months loan to Yeovil.

Apparently you cannot play for 3 different clubs in one season.

Hopefully this will not rule out this lad as he has already been on loan before XMAS to Dagenham

I'm missing something here - amnt I?:confused:

bighairyfaeleith
27-01-2011, 09:10 AM
It was hardly Towell's fault we lost. We were already a goal down due to a needless foul and then poor defending. When Towell gave away the ball for the second goal he was going for the only option he had at the time as no one helped him out. It was unfortunate that the pass was under hit but he was absolutely gutted after he made the mistake. McBride was the only player on the park to give him encouragement to lift his game right away. I thought he had a good game and I doubt he'll make that mistake again and will be an asset to the team.

To win games you have to score goals. Blame the midfield and strikers for losing us the game as Towell did more attacking than most of the midfield.

Well said, we need to get behind the team and support them. We have the players we have, we have the manager we have. It's not going to change before the end of the season so lets on with it!!

GloryGlory
27-01-2011, 09:14 AM
According to various sources we were after Ivan Sproule. It was a done deal until our scouting team discovered that he was goin on a months loan to Yeovil.

Hopefully this will not rule out this lad as he has already been on loan before XMAS to Dagenham

Ivan had played some games for Bristol C before going on loan to Yeovil. I don't think this lad has actually played any games for Liverpool this season, therefore he has only actually played for 1 club already.

steviecarnie
27-01-2011, 09:27 AM
It was hardly Towell's fault we lost. We were already a goal down due to a needless foul and then poor defending. When Towell gave away the ball for the second goal he was going for the only option he had at the time as no one helped him out.

:agree: u see on the replay he's telling hanlon to give it to smith

matty_f
27-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Ivan had played some games for Bristol C before going on loan to Yeovil. I don't think this lad has actually played any games for Liverpool this season, therefore he has only actually played for 1 club already.

FWIW, if the boy's good enough, he's old enough. We really need to stop looking for the negative in everything as a support. You could get a team of 19-22 year olds that could play our current team off the park 9 times out of 10. Experience is only good if it's backed by ability.

Speedway
27-01-2011, 09:31 AM

But we've got no end of experenced older heads.

Brown
Smith
Stack
Murray
Hart
De Graff
Rankin
Miller
McBride
Nish
Riordan
Hogg
Duffy

All over 26 and all with more than 100 league matches under their belts. Nowt but experience in the Hibs side. A full XI in fact.

Meanwhile, everything you need to know about the new boy.

http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_P%C3%A1lsson

cad
27-01-2011, 09:35 AM
As many people have said before what we have on the pitch IS taking us down .
What we got to lose bring it on I would put all these punters in the stand.

Speedway
27-01-2011, 09:39 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1202933/Liverpool-youngster-Victor-Palsson-star-struck-captain-fantastic-Steven-Gerrard.html

Good enough for Rafa the Gaffer.

machibby
27-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Thought Towell looked pretty good last night, minus the blunder. Showed a desire to get involved and thankfully has a bit of pace. Was right in front when he made that blunder and yep he was definitely saying to Hanlon to pass it back and not to him, that said what a bad call of judgement to go for the pass back himself. End of the day though I think he'll do far better for us than Hart despite the lack of experience.
Was hoping CC would bring us a similar signing policy to Mowbray, bringing young gifted players in that have energy and pace and he seems to be doing that.

Thought also the 12th man signing section were great last night and giving the team, with these youngsters, exactly what the need - support and encouragement.

brog
27-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Well of course perhaps we're looking beyond this season? If we get this lad in, he gets some game time & rebuilds his career at ER we may have an excellent prospect for the future, assuming Liverpool release him at season end. Hopefully we'll stay up & rebuild going forward with players like Palsson, Scott, Booth etc rather than the washed out rubbish currently at ER.

Cropley10
27-01-2011, 11:37 AM

FWIW, if the boy's good enough, he's old enough. We really need to stop looking for the negative in everything as a support. You could get a team of 19-22 year olds that could play our current team off the park 9 times out of 10. Experience is only good if it's backed by ability.

Completely agree.

But I do recall getting no end of stick for suggesting that Booth should be able to a job, Welsh also.

But apparently as they weren't ripping up trees when out on loan they weren't good enough.... :confused:

I'm looking forward - yes looking forward - to seeing more of Towell and Booth. And much, much less of Hart (and I'm sorry but also Thicot).

The Falcon
27-01-2011, 12:02 PM
100% in agreement.

Completely agree.

But I do recall getting no end of stick for suggesting that Booth should be able to a job, Welsh also.

But apparently as they weren't ripping up trees when out on loan they weren't good enough.... :confused:

I'm looking forward - yes looking forward - to seeing more of Towell and Booth. And much, much less of Hart (and I'm sorry but also Thicot).

GloryGlory
27-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Completely agree.

IMO, Thicot could do a job as a defensive mid, sitting just in front of the back four. Big and athletic, with a bit more technical ability than the present incumbent(s) in that role, he could break up play and play the simple pass to get Hibs attacking.

_hucks_
27-01-2011, 12:16 PM

Aye, he's been on loan at Dagenham, but I don't think he's pulled on the Liverpool jersey this season

Houchy
27-01-2011, 12:34 PM
I don't care about age or experience, if they are better than that dross we have out there, get them all in, the more the merrier to be honest as that existing bunch of chancers have had their chance and blown it over and over again :agree:

We need to look at the longer term too so if we can sign youths from Celtc, Liverpool, Ross County, Nottingham Forrest etc who are better than we have, it bodes well for the future.

I get the "we need experience just now" but say we signed a team of Ian Murray's of 2 years ago, yes, we'd get 2 years hard work and professionalism but what do we do then. 2013 and we're back here again.

We don't need to play all these youngsters at once. They can learn from the more experienced players while being implemented between now and the end of the season. IMHO, we don't have to improve massively to finish above Hamilton which, TBF, is our only goal now this season.

GloryGlory
27-01-2011, 12:44 PM

We need to look at the longer term too so if we can sign youths from Celtc, Liverpool, Ross County, Nottingham Forrest etc who are better than we have, it bodes well for the future.

I get the "we need experience just now" but say we signed a team of Ian Murray's of 2 years ago, yes, we'd get 2 years hard work and professionalism but what do we do then. 2013 and we're back here again.

We don't need to play all these youngsters at once. They can learn from the more experienced players while being implemented between now and the end of the season. IMHO, we don't have to improve massively to finish above Hamilton which, TBF, is our only goal now this season.

I sincerely hope not! :rolleyes: That bunch of wasters, slackers and lazy bassas have nothing of any value to impart to a young professional athlete.

cabbageandribs1875
27-01-2011, 12:52 PM

THIS years calendar has the worst design EVER, not even any boxes to put appointment entrys in :brickwall:brickwall

Houchy
27-01-2011, 12:57 PM
I sincerely hope not! :rolleyes: That bunch of wasters, slackers and lazy bassas have nothing of any value to impart to a young professional athlete.

:greengrin It sounded ok in my head while I was typing as I was thinking of Murray but, as you say, the rest of the experienced ones couldn't give a flying one.

nortonhibby
27-01-2011, 02:02 PM

This is madness we need tough experienced pros to get us through a relegation battle not youg kids.

Speedy
27-01-2011, 02:04 PM
IMO, Thicot could do a job as a defensive mid, sitting just in front of the back four. Big and athletic, with a bit more technical ability than the present incumbent(s) in that role, he could break up play and play the simple pass to get Hibs attacking.

I thought Thicot looked decent at CH but he's never a right back so you may be right about defensive mid.

Does anyone know where he played before we signed him?

magnificent_seven
27-01-2011, 02:05 PM
This is madness we need tough experienced pros to get us through a relegation battle not youg kids.

Nah, don't buy into that theory. If you are good enough, you are old enough. IIRC Gary Caldwell joined us on loan in 2002 when we were in a relegation battle and he was only 18 when he joined us and done a terrific job.

smurf
27-01-2011, 03:18 PM
He wouldn't be at Liverpool if he wasn't any good.

Get him in and bring that Scottish under 21 Captain up wi ye anaw.:greengrin

GlesgaeHibby
27-01-2011, 03:20 PM
He wouldn't be at Liverpool if he wasn't any good.

Get him in and bring that Scottish under 21 Captain up wi ye anaw.:greengrin

Makalambay came from Chelsea. I rest my case.

BigKev
27-01-2011, 03:21 PM
18 month deal? http://mbl.is/sport/enski/2011/01/27/gudlaugur_victor_bjartsynn/

Gušlaugur footballer Victor Pįlsson, which is painted with Liverpool, also makes a good hope of joining the Scottish śrvalsdeildarlišiš Hibernian in Edinburgh. Gušlaugur a contract offer from the company that wants to sign him for one and a half years.
"It's not been taken care of business. I met the guardians of Hibernian in Edinburgh yesterday (day before yesterday). Negotiations are ongoing and will hopefully be completed this in the coming days. I'm optimistic on that. I was even very good at what I saw at the club. After a two-year stay at Liverpool I think this could be a good step for me. I need to play and be in good playing shape, as the big tournaments ahead with a 21-year national team this summer, "said Victor Gušlaugur in an interview with Morgunbladid yesterday.

Gušlaugur has been in the camp of Liverpool over the past two years where he has played with the reserves of the company and was a few weeks on loan at second deildarlišinu Dagenham & Redbridge earlier this season.

Hibernian is in eleventh place out of twelve teams in the Scottish Premier League, three points ahead botnlišinu Hamilton, but only one team within the league.

scott7_0(Prague)
27-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Makalambay came from Chelsea. I rest my case.

This lad is the Liverpool reserve team captain, unlike Maka who was just the waterboy!

sixtwo
27-01-2011, 03:24 PM
I thought Thicot looked decent at CH but he's never a right back so you may be right about defensive mid.

Thicot wants 20 mins to think about a pass. When he runs it is like he is towing a caravan. These are not the qualities I want in my team. Get him out the door. He is pathetic!

bighairyfaeleith
27-01-2011, 03:29 PM

Nantes :greengrin

JimBHibees
27-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Sounds an interesting prospect. He also plays for the decent Iceland u21 team and came on at half time in the game at ER in October.

Hibs7
27-01-2011, 03:45 PM
I saw Wayne Rooney play for Everton at ER when he was 19 and he was better then than anything we have, so age means diddly squat if you are good enough.

Cod Boy
27-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Sounds an interesting prospect. He also plays for the decent Iceland u21 team and came on at half time in the game at ER in October.

at least he knows how to win a game at easter road then

khib70
27-01-2011, 03:54 PM

Gušlaugur footballer Victor Pįlsson, which is painted with Liverpool, also makes a good hope of joining the Scottish śrvalsdeildarlišiš Hibernian in Edinburgh. Gušlaugur a contract offer from the company that wants to sign him for one and a half years.
"It's not been taken care of business. I met the guardians of Hibernian in Edinburgh yesterday (day before yesterday). Negotiations are ongoing and will hopefully be completed this in the coming days. I'm optimistic on that. I was even very good at what I saw at the club. After a two-year stay at Liverpool I think this could be a good step for me. I need to play and be in good playing shape, as the big tournaments ahead with a 21-year national team this summer, "said Victor Gušlaugur in an interview with Morgunbladid yesterday.

Gušlaugur has been in the camp of Liverpool over the past two years where he has played with the reserves of the company and was a few weeks on loan at second deildarlišinu Dagenham & Redbridge earlier this season.

Hibernian is in eleventh place out of twelve teams in the Scottish Premier League, three points ahead botnlišinu Hamilton, but only one team within the league.
"Guardians of Hibernian". I like that:greengrin

But what I want to know is: who's Victor, and do we know enough about him to sign his pal's son???

smurf
27-01-2011, 03:55 PM

Positive news. :thumbsup::flag: :wink:

scoopyboy
27-01-2011, 04:02 PM
I saw Wayne Rooney play for Everton at ER when he was 19 and he was better then than anything we have, so age means diddly squat if you are good enough.

I thought he was only 16, I could be wrong however.

smurf
27-01-2011, 04:05 PM

He was 16 Scoops. Summer 2002 IIRC.

khib70
27-01-2011, 04:05 PM

:agree:16

Scored a goal too.

Billy Whizz
27-01-2011, 04:07 PM

It's a pity he isn't the big lad that played upfront!

MSK
27-01-2011, 04:08 PM

He was 16 Scoops. Summer 2002 IIRC.

I thought he was only 16, I could be wrong however.[/QUOTE:

:agree:16

Scored a goal too.Match report ..

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-match-reports/2002/07/30/hibernian-2-everton-2-d-post-100252-12075353/

aberhibsfc
27-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Is this Towel loan just a straight forward loan until the end of the season. I thought I heard somewhere that his contract would be up in the summer. But I might just be making that up.

I wonder if he's on loan with an agreed fee should he impress.

Sioux
27-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Here's a string taken from one of the LFC forums

Posted 21 January 2011 08:34:35

Victor Palsson has spoken of his determination to make an impact at Liverpool.

The 19-year-old has been heavily involved with the reserve team since joining the club in January 2009 and spent a two-month loan spell at Dagenham & Redbridge earlier this season.
The Icelandic midfielder admits he still has a lot to prove to the Reds' coaching staff but hopes to use the next few months to make his mark.
"I need to go out and play now. My contract runs out at the end of the season. Now I need to try and prove my worth.
"The loan spell with Dagenham went okay. Maybe I didn't play as many games as I hoped I would. I featured in four games out of eight and trained with the first-team every day for two months. It was good for me.
"It's good for helping you develop physically and your mentality has to be strong too.
"Overall it was a good experience for me. I played in the FA Cup which was obviously a nice moment. We faced Leyton Orient and it was actually my debut. That was probably the high point."

I havent seen Palsson play that many times but whenever i have he has impressed me. The comments rafa made about him were interesting. How much of a chance do others feel he has of making it here and how highly do you rate him ?
/
I think he has talent. He's stagnated a bit I think, can't remember if he was out for a while with an injury or not? But I certainly think he's woth a contract renewal.
/
I agree. He's always looked composed and had a touch of class about him. The loan to D&R didn't work out as planned though as he didn't get enough games there. I hope he gets a new contract and then is allowed to go to a club where he has a realistic chance of playing to help his development.
/
The problem with sending him to Dagenham and Redbridge was that they are involved in a relegation scrap, so were probably less inclined to try out a raw untested player. I think the management team at LFC should have realised that and sent him to a club where the environment was right for him to get games.
/
In an interview few weeks ago Palsson was talking about his future and his loan move to D&R. He said he didn't get the hang of the playing style in these lower leagues, all just kick n' run and he was just isolated in the midfield. He wasn't sure if he'd be longer at Liverpool and might start to look for another club this month or in the summer if nothing would happen - but this was in the Hodgson's era so this might change.

While talking to few medias here in Iceland he always seems very unsure about his future at Liverpool but he doesn't want to go on loan now 'cause he wants to get his future sorted by trying to earn a new contract or finding a new club before or after the u21 European Championship this summer.
/
Palsson will be in the shop window this summer at the Euro U21s in a very talented Icelandic side. He was playing right back when I saw them, but he's played centre back and centre midfield also. Not a bad player, but hasn't really nailed down a position for long enough anywhere. I'm sure he's going to be able to find football at somewhere higher up than Dagenham and Redbridge.

JimBHibees
27-01-2011, 04:22 PM
It's a pity he isn't the big lad that played upfront!

Agree unfortunately you would need £7m or so to get anywhere near him. :wink:

random sub
27-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Sounds a good prospect- hope we sign him.

Gala Foxes
27-01-2011, 08:12 PM
if he signs for Hibs our "I'm going to copy Scott Wilson at Tynecastle" DJ / PA announcer could play the classic "Is Vic there?" by Department S

Andy74
27-01-2011, 08:27 PM

Tam McManus was going to knock him out!

Houchy
27-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Quite excited about this one if we can secure the deal. All the players brought in so far seem to be long term prospects but also of a decent enough quality to keep us up in the short term.

CC's really starting to turn me around with these deals and getting them on good contracts.

In CC I trust:agree:

Ernie Cobra
27-01-2011, 10:31 PM

16 :wink:

H18sry
27-01-2011, 10:32 PM
http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=36038.new#new :wink:

el capitano
27-01-2011, 10:34 PM

that iceland u21 team performance that night was probably the best team iv seen this season at easter road, cant recall his own performance that night but all of the iceland players looked very good (as did many scotland players).

bingo70
27-01-2011, 10:41 PM
that iceland u21 team performance that night was probably the best team iv seen this season at easter road, cant recall his own performance that night but all of the iceland players looked very good (as did many scotland players).

According to his wiki page he hasn't got any under 21 caps so don't think he played in that game.

As you say though, that was a pretty good and experienced under 21 side and he's only 19 so not too much of a disgrace he wasn't in that side

spike220
27-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Quite excited about this one if we can secure the deal. All the players brought in so far seem to be long term prospects but also of a decent enough quality to keep us up in the short term.

CC's really starting to turn me around with these deals and getting them on good contracts.

In CC I trust:agree:
:top marks

Barney McGrew
27-01-2011, 10:46 PM
According to his wiki page he hasn't got any under 21 caps so don't think he played in that game

He came on as a sub at half time

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9080443.stm

GreenCastle
28-01-2011, 12:23 AM
Not ideal brining him into a relegation battle BUT I have a good feeling about this player.

I think his preferred position is center midfield and by the sounds of it is very useful on the ball.

Captained the Liverpool reserves and has played alongside Steven Gerrard a few times.

Hopefully we can get this sorted out :agree:

Surprising no other clubs have gone for him though....:hmmm:

Hibs7
28-01-2011, 08:39 AM
16 :wink:

Even more impressive !!!!!!!!

aberhibsfc
28-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Is this reported as a loan or permanent signing?

Thecat23
28-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Loan deal i've heard.

JimBHibees
28-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Tam McManus was going to knock him out!

I think my money would have been on Rooney. :greengrin

Deano Mourinho
28-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Loan deal i've heard.

It seems to be going on a bit this one, when would be the cut off for him to be eligible for Sunday

H18sry
28-01-2011, 10:42 AM

It is an 18 month deal according to this

http://mbl.is/sport/enski/2011/01/27/gudlaugur_victor_bjartsynn/

Gušlaugur footballer Victor Pįlsson, which is painted with Liverpool, also makes a good hope of joining the Scottish śrvalsdeildarlišIš Hibernian in Edinburgh. Gušlaugur a contract offer from the company that wants to sign him for one and a half years.

Houchy
28-01-2011, 10:43 AM

Loan deal I believe but he's OOC in the summer so if he's good, Celtc will sign him then.:agree:

H18sry
28-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Loan deal I believe but he's OOC in the summer so if he's good, Celtc will sign him then.:agree:

^^^^^ see above :greengrin

sparkiehibs
28-01-2011, 11:42 AM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-Liverpool-midfielder-set-to.6704987.jp

BigKev
28-01-2011, 11:42 AM
^^^^^ see above :greengrin

See post no.83 :wink:

Purehibee_MYB
28-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Why are we always so slow to actually just sign the player!

Another midfielder but maybe that's what we need... So welcome to the club Palsson!

heretoday
28-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Victor Palsson.

Good name. I like it.

Sounds like the villain in a Bogart film. :cool2:

aberhibsfc
28-01-2011, 11:52 AM
I've no idea who Victor is, but we look like signing his pals son.

Why an 18 month contract, if he's worth bringing in, surely we should be looking to secure a longer term contract so that if he proves a success we can retain him or sell him on for a sizeable fee.

Purehibee_MYB
28-01-2011, 11:54 AM

Why an 18 month contract, if he's worth bringing in, surely we should be looking to secure a longer term contract so that if he proves a success we can retain him or sell him on for a sizeable fee.

He must just be Hibs class...

Peevemor
28-01-2011, 11:56 AM

A contract's a two-way thing - it could be the player that only wants 18 months. :dunno:

MacBean
28-01-2011, 11:57 AM

The player may not want to committ to something long term given his age and possibility we could go down.

GreenCastle
28-01-2011, 12:04 PM

I think he basically see's himself playing at a better level :agree:

He is young and wants to be playing before this years U21 Championships.

He was on loan at Dagenham and Redbridge - playing 2 games and not enjoying the long ball tactics there so who knows what he will think of how we will play.:wink:

Edit - he is signing / not on loan.

hibs0666
28-01-2011, 12:50 PM
He was on loan at Dagenham and Redbridge - playing 2 games and not enjoying the long ball tactics there so who knows what he will think of how we will play.:wink:

I think he will be delighted to be at a team that tries to pass the ball.

soproni1
28-01-2011, 12:56 PM

tries being the appropriate word

scott7_0(Prague)
28-01-2011, 01:04 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/4841/4/liverpool-youngster-agrees-hibernian-move

Liverpool have allowed Icelandic midfielder Victor Palsson join Hibernian.

The teenager joined the Merseyside club on a two-and-a-half-year deal in 2009 from Danish outfit AGF Aarhus and has represented his country at under-17, under-18 and under-19 levels.

Despite captaining the reserve side the 19-year-old has been unable to break into the first team and will move to Scotland for free after impressing manager Colin Calderwood in a friendly against Dunfermline earlier in the week.

The versatile teenager, who can also operate in defence, has agreed a deal to stay at Easter Road until June 2012

hibs0666
28-01-2011, 01:06 PM
tries being the appropriate word

Yup, best way.

Hibs7
28-01-2011, 01:22 PM
I think Calderwood is doing the right thing, get a strong midfield and the defence gets an easier life and the forwards get a better supply, lets see how it works out but I like the sound of the guys he has and is bringing in.

Mikey
28-01-2011, 01:25 PM
This one seems to have been confirmed everywhere, except the one place that counts :greengrin

Hiber-nation
28-01-2011, 01:25 PM
He came on as a sub at half time

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9080443.stm

I'm sure he played at right back and he was excellent, really quick and strong.

smurf
28-01-2011, 01:30 PM
This one seems to have been confirmed everywhere, except the one place that counts :greengrin

Maybe they want to confirm TWO?!!

we are hibs
28-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Maybe they want to confirm TWO?!!
:pray:

pallson has signed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gu%C3%B0laugur_Victor_P%C3%A1lsson

MontrealHibs
28-01-2011, 02:21 PM

pallson has signed

He certainly has! Not on loan either.

Diclonius
28-01-2011, 02:22 PM

pallson has signed

"Jmorrison230582" will make sure that's taken down in no time, if it's not officially confirmed. :cool2:

HibbyKeith
28-01-2011, 02:23 PM
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/palsson-set-for-hibs-move

Mikey
28-01-2011, 02:24 PM
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/palsson-set-for-hibs-move

Source: Sport.Scotsman.com

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

:wink:

MontrealHibs
28-01-2011, 02:26 PM
"Jmorrison230582" will make sure that's taken down in no time, if it's not officially confirmed. :cool2:

It is confirmed, will be on the club website by 3pm.

Houchy
28-01-2011, 02:34 PM
I think he basically see's himself playing at a better level :agree:

He is young and wants to be playing before this years U21 Championships.

If he plays well then he will be sold for a fee from Liverpool I would expect.

What have Liverpool got do do with selling him? He's OUR player now as WE signed him for 18 months therefore Liverpool can't sell him.

Judas Iscariot
28-01-2011, 02:51 PM

Thought he had signed for us though :confused:

GreenCastle
28-01-2011, 03:04 PM
What have Liverpool got do do with selling him? He's OUR player now as WE signed him for 18 months therefore Liverpool can't sell him.

Yeah :agree:

Not sure why I wrote that :rolleyes:

I am actually pretty excited about this guy - I think he could be a star for us in short space of time. :agree:

poolman
28-01-2011, 03:09 PM

:notworthy:

:I'm waiti

we are hibs
28-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Liiverpool midfielder 19years old

jst got a text from a m8 saying pallson and divis to sign before windows shuts

MacBean
28-01-2011, 03:12 PM
spotted him last night at easter road on a club tour with several colleagues, he was wearing one of they gay wee scarfs, not that was important, but he was at Easter Road.

GreenCastle
28-01-2011, 03:15 PM
spotted him last night at easter road on a club tour with several colleagues, he was wearing one of they gay wee scarfs, not that was important, but he was at Easter Road.

Can you get tours of the club right now ?

Diclonius
28-01-2011, 03:15 PM

:dunno:

Hamish
28-01-2011, 03:18 PM
:dunno:

Didn't mention a day mind - just 3pm

Mikey
28-01-2011, 03:21 PM

Is that seriously the best you can come up with?

hibs0666
28-01-2011, 03:27 PM

Are you a yam guunt?

Houchy
28-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Yeah :agree:

Not sure why I wrote that :rolleyes:

I am actually pretty excited about this guy - I think he could be a star for us in short space of time. :agree:

Me too, as I am about the rest of these signings:agree:

Looking forward to Sunday now:flag:

magnificent_seven
28-01-2011, 04:02 PM
According to the Beeb it's only a loan move:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9379971.stm

TRC
28-01-2011, 04:11 PM
On the preview of Hibs v dundee untd it's says hes in line for his debut!

Golden Bear
28-01-2011, 04:20 PM
According to the Beeb it's only a loan move:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9379971.stm

With the predicament the Club currently finds itself in, I wouldn't at all be surprised to find that the loan deals are at the request of the player(s).

johnrebus
28-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Check the Liverpool Official website.

The fans are not happy, seems to have been highly rated.

:not worth

PS

Not a loan move. Eighteen month deal.

Golden Bear
28-01-2011, 04:25 PM

PS

Excellent.

I've never been a fan of loan deals. It's only impoverished Clubs that favour loan deals. :wink:

Judas Iscariot
28-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Is that seriously the best you can come up with?

Would you say we've been trying to play the ball on the deck lately?!

Are you a yam guunt?

Naw, are you just a ****?

Diclonius
28-01-2011, 04:32 PM
We have to sign him in half an hour or he's no' playing on Sunday.

Judas Iscariot
28-01-2011, 04:34 PM
We have to sign him in half an hour or he's no' playing on Sunday.

I think he's signed just not been confirmed yet :agree:

HNA11
28-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Are you a yam guunt?

Naw, are you just a ****?

Can we out the personal stuff please guys?

Thank you.

ac1
28-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Had a look on Red and White Kop (liverpool forum) and quite a few comments on a thread about their youth players saying they rate this lad so fingers crossed!

--------
28-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Are you a yam guunt?

If he is he's a REALLY REALLY persistent one - 8,000 plus posts?

PS

Great! So pleased to see the Beeb get it wrong yet again.

OK - who's next? :greengrin

Erm - checked the website - where exactly?

Judas Iscariot
28-01-2011, 05:19 PM
If he is he's a REALLY REALLY persistent one - 8,000 plus posts?

And I also have 4, YES FOUR Hibs tattoos..

Defo a yam though :jamboak:

Scooter
28-01-2011, 05:24 PM
And I also have 4, YES FOUR Hibs tattoos..

Defo a yam though :jamboak:

what you doing on sat :rolleyes:

hibs0666
28-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Can we out the personal stuff please guys?

Thank you.

My apologies.

Judas Iscariot
28-01-2011, 05:30 PM
what you doing on sat :rolleyes:

Well I won't be watching Hibs that's for sure..

Will you be?

eastmainsmsh
28-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Some of the comments above are idiotic. I don't bite very often these days, but as I've a soft spot for Palsson I'm gonna rant.

The lad cost what? £100,000? He was an Icelandic youth international and highly rated at Aarhus, and whenever I've watched him for the reserves here, he's looked a very tidy player. Calm on the ball, good leader, good positionally, and quality in his passing. So away and **** off with this as evidence that Rafa couldn't judge talent in a player. The youth system, under that fella's guidance, is churning out good players.

This is a loan, and me personally, I hope he comes back. The more calm players we have the better, cos we need structure for our new found attacking intent.

Sounds like we have a gem here :aok:

Scooter
28-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Well I won't be watching Hibs that's for sure..

Will you be?

no cause im working

what are you doing on sat:rolleyes:

greenlex
28-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Some of the comments above are idiotic. I don't bite very often these days, but as I've a soft spot for Palsson I'm gonna rant.

The lad cost what? £100,000? He was an Icelandic youth international and highly rated at Aarhus, and whenever I've watched him for the reserves here, he's looked a very tidy player. Calm on the ball, good leader, good positionally, and quality in his passing. So away and **** off with this as evidence that Rafa couldn't judge talent in a player. The youth system, under that fella's guidance, is churning out good players.

This is a loan, and me personally, I hope he comes back. The more calm players we have the better, cos we need structure for our new found attacking intent.

Sounds like we have a gem here :aok:
18 month loan?

TamHibs
28-01-2011, 05:44 PM
no cause im working

Who gives a flying one what either of you's are doing on Saturday, especially since we're playing on Sunday......

Judas Iscariot
28-01-2011, 05:49 PM
no cause im working

I'm playing Football..

Who gives a flying one what either of you's are doing on Saturday, especially since we're playing on Sunday......

FFS!

Just ruin it eh :bitchy:

hibsboy90
28-01-2011, 05:51 PM
So BBC says loan, folk on here say 18m deal, suggesting permanent. Anyone got a web source for the latter?

FWIW, sounds like a decent signing.

Scooter
28-01-2011, 05:53 PM
I'm playing Football..

FFS!

Just ruin it eh :bitchy:
for whoooooo :greengrin

BEEJ
28-01-2011, 05:59 PM
So BBC says loan, folk on here say 18m deal, suggesting permanent. Anyone got a web source for the latter?

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-Liverpool-midfielder-set-to.6704987.jp

frazeHFC
28-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Their fans seem quite upset, saying they hope it's only a loan, and that they reckon he will be back playing in the EPL in the future.

Future17
28-01-2011, 06:06 PM

There's no way Petrie would pay 18m for a player. :greengrin

Dr Jimmy
28-01-2011, 06:31 PM
STV news just said he is coming on loan?

Alex1875
28-01-2011, 06:32 PM
According to BBC Sports website he is in the squad for Sundays match at Dundee Utd.

Debuts for Martin Scott, Palsson and Thornhill?
could this actually be the turning point for our season?
Discuss.

Hibee_Lisa
28-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Yea he has,confirmed on official site now.

Gatecrasher
28-01-2011, 06:39 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110128/palsson-deal-completed_2262950_2279290

Gatecrasher
28-01-2011, 06:40 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110128/palsson-deal-completed_2262950_2279290

Craig_in_Prague
28-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Welcome and good luck :flag:

poolman
28-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Welcome and good luck :flag:

I'm quite looking forward to Sunday now

I've not said that I've been looking forward to games for some time

Mon the new guys :thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
28-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Year and a half. Good stuff. Yet again shows how little BBC & stv knows

Saorsa
28-01-2011, 06:44 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110128/palsson-deal-completed_2262950_2279290:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hank Schrader
28-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Excellent, really pleased with this bit of business. Not a loan deal as some suspected too.

Well done CC and well done Hibs.

Good luck Victor.:hnet:

TRC
28-01-2011, 06:46 PM
"On the radar for along time". Interesting must have seen him when at Newcastle so quite pleased this guy has come to us as it shows that he must of been a long time admirer.

Welcome to The Hibs Victor!!:flag:

Purehibee_MYB
"Liverpool's Victor Palsson is on the verge of a loan move to Hibernian, having passed a medical at Easter Road."

BBC is now saying its a loan move? :confused:

BUT

Just saw on the official site that he has signed a deal...

Confusion cleared up

Craig_in_Prague
I'm quite looking forward to Sunday now

I've not said that I've been looking forward to games for some time

Mon the new guys :thumbsup:

Likewise.

4 new players is a good start. There might be another added before windae shuts, so all in all, half a team aint too bad.

Now we really need points quickly.

greenlex
Welcome aboard Vic.:flag:
From the fishul site.

Hibernian can confirm that manager Colin Calderwood has brought in his fourth new signing of the transfer window with the arrival of Iceland under-21 internationalist Victor Palsson from Liverpool.
Palsson follows in the footsteps of Matt Thornhill, Martin Scott and loan recruit Richie Towell by joining Hibernian in January, and has signed a deal until the end of season 2011/2012.
The 19-year-old midfielder, who can also operate in defence, says he is thrilled at the prospect of playing at Easter Road again - after playing at the stadium in October.
Palsson said: "I played for Iceland under-21s against Scotland at Easter Road a few months ago and I was really impressed with the atmosphere; it is a special stadium.
"As soon as I was aware of Hibernian's interest, I was really keen to join the club and to work with the manager; it is a really exciting move for me.
"I believe the Scottish league will suit my way of playing and I am looking forward to playing for Hibernian.
"Edinburgh is a great city and everything about the move indicates it is the right decision for me."
After graduating from Liverpool's Academy, Palsson has been a regular in the club's reserve side and also gained experience while out on loan at English League Two side, Dagenham and Redbridge.
Boss Calderwood believes Palsson has a lot to offer the team; both in the short term and in the longer term.
Calderwood said: "Victor is a young player with terrific potential and a player, who has been on our radar for a long time.
"He has got a great pedigree and we are pleased to be able to bring him to the football club."

Now for a striker or two:greengrin

oconnors_strip
28-01-2011, 06:48 PM
i remember victor coming on as a sub against scotland in october at the under 21s game and he was impressive!

welcome to hibs big yin!:thumbsup:

TRC
28-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Now if they want to loan us Saurez we'll be happy hibees:wink:

YehButNoBut
28-01-2011, 06:50 PM

:agree: signed until the end of season 2011/12.

Welcome Victor, hopefully lives up to his name.

mentalhibee
28-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Nice one! Been reading a few Liverpool forums and they had high hopes for this guy. Hope he's right in the team on sunday. I'd still like to see us sign a striker before the window shuts.

Barney McGrew
28-01-2011, 06:59 PM

:aok:

Good stuff. A couple of strikers and a keeper please now.

Leithenhibby
28-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Excellent news for a friday night ... :cool2:

As suggested by someone else .. :greengrin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlbcNvlseVI

Hamish
28-01-2011, 07:16 PM
"Liverpool's Victor Palsson is on the verge of a loan move to Hibernian, having passed a medical at Easter Road."

BBC is now saying its a loan move? :confused:

BUT

Just saw on the official site that he has signed a deal...

Confusion cleared up

Very unlike BBC Scotland sports dept. to get something wrong

BEEJ
28-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Great news.

Welcome to Hibernian Football Club, Victor! :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
28-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Yessss!!! :thumbsup: On the LFC forum they are all gutted, so must be a good player. :flag:

SteveHFC
28-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Welcome :flag:

Most Liverpool fans seem gutted to see him to go.

ancienthibby
28-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Very like BBC Scotland sports dept. to get something wrong

Sorted that for you!:greengrin

frazeHFC
28-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Just told a Liverpool fan that we have signed him permanantely and his reply was "FFS, **** you Hibs" :na na:

Judas Iscariot
28-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Superb signing :top marks

Well done CC & Co :thumbsup:

Seanair
28-01-2011, 07:45 PM
So we could have five 19-year-olds in the team on Sunday (plus new boy Scott).

Will CC give it a go or will he go for the fans' favourites like Rankin, Miller, McBride?:wink:

greenlex
28-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Superb signing :top marks

Well done CC & Co :thumbsup:
Its Petrie. Rod Petrie. You are allowed to say it. :wink:

Frogga
28-01-2011, 07:55 PM
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/reserves-in-profile-victor-palsson

Random interview on the Liverpool website from a year ago.

Pleased with this signing :agree:

smurf
28-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Exciting signing.

Sir David Gray
28-01-2011, 08:01 PM
It's good that we're making another new signing. I was at the Scotland vs Iceland under-21 game in October that he played in and I can't remember how well he played in the match but Iceland, as a team, were pretty impressive that night.

As with our other new signings, I don't know much about Palsson either but I hope they all work out, particularly the three that we've signed permanently. They are all midfielders as well, so hopefully they'll be a success and can form our new look midfield, without the dross that we've been used to watching over the past year or so.

Certainly willing to give all four of them the chance to show what they can do and hopefully we can possibly bring in another couple in the next couple of days, perhaps a centre half and a striker.

CmoantheHibs
28-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Welcome to the Hibby family Victor.4 new signings, all be it one on loan, and Im excited by them all.If possible a striker with physical presence and pace before the deadline ends.:greengrin

AFKA5814_Hibs
28-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Sounds promising. Like everybody else, would love to see at least a centre forward brought in before the end of the window. The new players will no doubt improve the team and give us some much needed fight. Hopefully the signings will also give some of the other players the boot up the arse they need.

Removed
28-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Its Petrie. Rod Petrie. You are allowed to say it. :wink:

:greengrin

trev the hat
28-01-2011, 08:17 PM
:thumbsup:Welcome to the Hibs Victor:thumbsup:

ScottB
28-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Great signing and sounds potentially very good both in the short and longer term.

Especially great to see that it looks like we are going to be a much younger side, hopefully that will instill some of the desire, hunger and passion we've been lacking. Maybe some good fight about us again!

seanraff07
28-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Very pleased about this and sounds really promising.. get him in the team on Sunday CC along with our other 3 signings.:thumbsup:

LancashireHibby
28-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Sounds like a great signing, good luck Victor.

ronaldo7
28-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Great signing and sounds potentially very good both in the short and longer term.

Especially great to see that it looks like we are going to be a much younger side, hopefully that will instill some of the desire, hunger and passion we've been lacking. Maybe some good fight about us again!

That's what I'm looking forward too. A young, energetic, and Hungry Hibs team.

Welcome Vic

Badge
29-01-2011, 01:06 AM
That's what I'm looking forward too. A young, energetic, and Hungry Hibs team.

Welcome Vic

Correct. Tony Mowbray was the last manager to have that and I certainly enjoyed watching them.

--------
29-01-2011, 01:12 AM
According to BBC Sports website he is in the squad for Sundays match at Dundee Utd.

Debuts for Martin Scott, Palsson and Thornhill?
could this actually be the turning point for our season?
Discuss.

Not until we know for sure that we have him.

I really hope we do, because the lad can play a bit. :agree:

HibbyKeith
29-01-2011, 01:22 AM
Not until we know for sure that we have him.

I really hope we do, because the lad can play a bit. :agree:

Polsson you mean?

its confirmed with a video interview on the official site doddie.

brog
29-01-2011, 11:29 AM
This could be a great signing, IMO the worst case scenario is he does superbly well for us & we cash in a year or so from now.
PS, glad to see the wonderful DR still saying it's a loan signing!

Future17
29-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Does anyone know what squad number VP has been allocated?

Greenblood70
29-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Another very promising signing. Welcome to Hibs.

Signing a striker now is vital imo. Use the Zoomer money to get Rooney in asap and I'll be more than happy.

GreenCastle
29-01-2011, 12:07 PM

As fans we have been crying out for this for a while.

I think for us to do well we still need experience around it. But I can see the fans being more patient with the younger guys :agree:

We need a centre half / GK and at least one forward still. I would say forward (Rooney) would keep us in the SPL.

--------
29-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Polsson you mean?

its confirmed with a video interview on the official site doddie.

Ta, mate. It was getting a bit late for an old guy - past bedtime in the old folks' home, you know?

Excellent news - the lad has talent and even if we only have him for 18 months it suggests we're serious about sorting stuff out.

Now if we were to sign up the Croatian/Slovakian/Czech/whatever goalie we've been looking at, and announced a pre-contract (or even a contract) for a certain striker or two...

random sub
29-01-2011, 12:33 PM

Only down side of this is that it is only an 18month contract. Obviously sees us as a place to learn his trade before moving on....

Gmack7
29-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Does anyone know what squad number VP has been allocated?
10:wink:

Dinkydoo
29-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Welcome to Hibs Victor!

Looks a promising signing; hopefully see him in action the morn.

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2011, 11:20 PM
If we could get Jack Wiltshere on loan from arsenal, we'd have Jack and Victor in the midlfield. :greengrin

ScottB
29-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Only down side of this is that it is only an 18month contract. Obviously sees us as a place to learn his trade before moving on....

Not necessarily, he's young, coming here is a bit of a risk for both sides, but if we get a great 18 months out of him and he goes back down South then so be it! I think our current situation may have dissuaded the Board from dolling out really long contracts!