PDA

View Full Version : New low tonight for Hibernian..

Judas Iscariot
26-01-2011, 09:46 PM
John Rankin wearing the captains armband..

AND...

Somehow lasting 90 minutes again..

WTF?!

Wotherspiniesta
26-01-2011, 09:52 PM

AND...

WTF?!

Just shows how much we are in need of a leader on the park.

Rankin wasn't making our squad a few weeks back.

Cropley10
26-01-2011, 09:53 PM
I have a recurring nightmare that he will still be here next season.

He has an amazing ability as a midfielder to very rarely get near the ball.

Winston Ingram
26-01-2011, 09:55 PM
I have a recurring nightmare that he will still be here next season.

It makes me sick to my stomach that I pay to watch that man attempt to play football.

Sammy7nil
26-01-2011, 09:57 PM
I noticed he was playing after 32 mins he was totally invisable up until then.

Leishy1995
26-01-2011, 09:57 PM
If passion was talent then Rankin would be Xavi and Nish would be Fat Ronaldo. Shame its not

Cropley10
26-01-2011, 09:58 PM
I noticed he was playing after 32 mins he was totally invisable up until then.

I arrived a few minutes late - once again the last player I noticed was JR. It's some knack he has for just letting the game go on around him. Bonkers

hibsbollah
26-01-2011, 09:59 PM
It makes me sick to my stomach that I pay to watch that man attempt to play football.

:faf:that made me laugh, well done

Hibbie_Cameron
26-01-2011, 10:00 PM
]I have a recurring nightmare that he will still be here next season.
[/B]

:top marks

bingo70
26-01-2011, 10:02 PM

AND...

WTF?!

Someone around me was going nuts about it and TBH for the life of me i can't see the big deal about it....who cares who wears the armband? it means absolutely nothing, the captain does nothing in the game, it's not like a game of rugby where the captain has to make decisions.

If he was made club captain i could understand the problem but what difference does it make who wears a bit material round there sleeve :confused:

Sammy7nil
26-01-2011, 10:02 PM
If passion was talent then Rankin would be Xavi and Nish would be Fat Ronaldo. Shame its not

Nice fishing

Liberal Hibby
26-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Well I watched it in the pub and Rankin (apart from a couple of mistakes in the first half) was about the only midfielder doing anything. Galbraith sadly flattered to deceive (particulalry in the second half), McBride huffed and puffed and the less said about Zemmama the better - it was clear the team was set up to have him playing off Nish - but he just wasn't in the game.

But frankly the worst performer tonight was Riordan - I thought we couldn't look any more toothless with Zemmama playing off Nish, so looked forward to him coming on to play with two up front. I wish I hadn't bothered - he was rank - gave less than nothing. Why people want him to stay at Hibs is beyond me.

Stewboy
26-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Clearly nobody saw murray......finished I am afraid

martin63
26-01-2011, 10:27 PM
I wish some of you guys would get of Rankins back as to be honest if I were him I would stop half way through the game and tell you all to GTF. For the poster who only noticed him after 32m I would ask your guid dog to bark a bit louder. On tonights performances apart from the youngsters he was the only one who tried. Ok he is not the best of players but at least he gives 100% every week if not more, but no lets all jump on the band wagon and slate the poor guy. I know I will get ripped to bits but I couldn't care less it's about time people stopped slating the triers and maybe started looking at the so called untouchables like Riordon who according to some the team would fall apart without.As far as I'm concerned he is going to do the dirty AGAIN and leave on a bosman (so much for a dyed in the wool hibby).
Anyway point being, if the other 10 guys on the pitch put in as much energy and effoert as Rankin then we would not be in the position we are in now./
Rant over.

Sammy7nil
26-01-2011, 10:32 PM
I wish some of you guys would get of Rankins back as to be honest if I were him I would stop half way through the game and tell you all to GTF. For the poster who only noticed him after 32m I would ask your guid dog to bark a bit louder. On tonights performances apart from the youngsters he was the only one who tried. Ok he is not the best of players but at least he gives 100% every week if not more, but no lets all jump on the band wagon and slate the poor guy. I know I will get ripped to bits but I couldn't care less it's about time people stopped slating the triers and maybe started looking at the so called untouchables like Riordon who according to some the team would fall apart without.As far as I'm concerned he is going to do the dirty AGAIN and leave on a bosman (so much for a dyed in the wool hibby).
Anyway point being, if the other 10 guys on the pitch put in as much energy and effoert as Rankin then we would not be in the position we are in now./
Rant over.

That was me ! You tell me what he did in the opening 30 mins I will tell F*** All he was never on the ball, made no passes, made no tackles, had no shots he may have ran around but sorry I did not see him as he was NOWHERE near the ball.

Because you try 100% means **** all if you dont touch the ball or make a tackle. I could go out and try 100% I would still be pish

calder45a
26-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Someone around me was going nuts about it and TBH for the life of me i can't see the big deal about it....who cares who wears the armband? it means absolutely nothing, the captain does nothing in the game, it's not like a game of rugby where the captain has to make decisions.

If he was made club captain i could understand the problem but what difference does it make who wears a bit material round there sleeve :confused:

correct overrated virtue.

Saorsa
27-01-2011, 12:07 AM
Rant over.I wish he would stop and **** off before the game started. :bye:

Moulin Yarns
27-01-2011, 06:09 AM
Let's analyse the BBC text to see whether JR did anything in the game

0:10 Lee McCulloch concedes a free kick for a foul on John Rankin. Merouane Zemmama restarts play with the free kick.

7:58 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Lee McCulloch by John Rankin. Steven Whittaker restarts play with the free kick.

8:10 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on John Rankin by Steven Whittaker. Paul Hanlon delivers the ball from the free kick left-footed from left wing, Lee McCulloch makes a clearance.

3 mentions in the first 10 minutes, need I go on. I think the evidence suggests JR was involved in the game more than the Rankin Bashers would want to believe.

Steve-O
27-01-2011, 06:41 AM

0:10 Lee McCulloch concedes a free kick for a foul on John Rankin. Merouane Zemmama restarts play with the free kick.

7:58 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Lee McCulloch by John Rankin. Steven Whittaker restarts play with the free kick.

8:10 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on John Rankin by Steven Whittaker. Paul Hanlon delivers the ball from the free kick left-footed from left wing, Lee McCulloch makes a clearance.

3 mentions in the first 10 minutes, need I go on. I think the evidence suggests JR was involved in the game more than the Rankin Bashers would want to believe.

Got fouled twice and gave away a foul once - whoopee doo! :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
27-01-2011, 08:04 AM

AND...

WTF?!

Says the guy who posted his Season Ticket back.....:confused:

Judas Iscariot
27-01-2011, 08:17 AM
Says the guy who posted his Season Ticket back.....:confused:

Your point?!

What's that got to do with the OP?

:yawn:

Baldy Foghorn
27-01-2011, 08:25 AM
Your point?!

What's that got to do with the OP?

:yawn:

How can you possibly say that a player wearing the armband (which really goes for nothing in the grand scheme of things) is a new low point for Hibs, when you chucked your toys out of the pram, and sent Season Ticket back is my point.....

Should you not be more worried about watching Corrie on a Wednesday now?

Judas Iscariot
27-01-2011, 08:42 AM
How can you possibly say that a player wearing the armband (which really goes for nothing in the grand scheme of things) is a new low point for Hibs, when you chucked your toys out of the pram, and sent Season Ticket back is my point.....

Should you not be more worried about watching Corrie on a Wednesday now?

The fact a player as poor as Rankin is getting a game, got the captains armband,(which only means nowt to folk that have never really playe the game) AND once again stayed on the park for 90 minutes is a low point IMO for Hibernian..

That's on the park, what I do with my ST, which is well paid for, has NOTHING to do with what's happening on the pitch has it?

But you'll just ignore that to try and have a dig from the überfan hierarchy then probably threaten folk via PM :aok:

Cropley10
27-01-2011, 10:33 AM

When you get a sec perhaps you could let us have:

His goals to games ratio.

His assists this season, or even in his whole time here.

And if possible his pass completion and tackles won figures.

Yes - I'm being facetious - sorry but stats won't help the cause here. He and McBride typify what's wrong with Hibernian right now. Totally ineffective footballers.

lucky
27-01-2011, 10:40 AM
He should not be in the team end of

marinello59
27-01-2011, 10:58 AM
John Rankin was not the worst player out there last night. One thing he never does is hide. Whether the game is going well for him or not he continues to get stuck in. He may not be the most talented player in the world but if the players with real talent would adopt his attitude we wouldn't be in this mess. He certainly doesn't deserve the comments bordering on hatred he gets from many on here.

Cropley10
27-01-2011, 11:01 AM
John Rankin was not the worst player out there last night. One thing he never does is hide. Whether the game is going well for him or not he continues to get stuck in. He may not be the most talented player in the world but if the players with real talent would adopt his attitude we wouldn't be in this mess. He certainly doesn't deserve the comments bordering on hatred he gets from many on here.

I don't agree that he gets stuck and doesn't hide. For a guy playing in midfield, he gets SOOOO little of the ball.

No-one doubts his effort - but it's his lack of effectiveness, that hinders us. Game after game, where he's entirely anonymous.

Barney McGrew
27-01-2011, 11:03 AM

Both Murray and Zemmama contributed far less than Rankin last night.

Moulin Yarns
27-01-2011, 11:06 AM
My point being, he was involved in the game, not missing in action as some on here would imply. He won two free kicks in the first 10 minutes, is that ineffective? He may not be a silky footballer, but he gives 100% which is more than can be said of some in our team right now.

Got fouled twice and gave away a foul once - whoopee doo! :rolleyes:

When you get a sec perhaps you could let us have:

His goals to games ratio.

His assists this season, or even in his whole time here.

And if possible his pass completion and tackles won figures.

Yes - I'm being facetious - sorry but stats won't help the cause here. He and McBride typify what's wrong with Hibernian right now. Totally ineffective footballers.

Cropley10
27-01-2011, 11:10 AM

Both Murray and Zemmama contributed far less than Rankin last night.

I think we're straying into 'tallest dwarf' territory here...:greengrin

hibee_girl
27-01-2011, 11:13 AM

Barney McGrew
27-01-2011, 11:15 AM
I think we're straying into 'tallest dwarf' territory here...:greengrin

We may be, but I don't see threads having a go at either of them.

Rankin has now become the fall guy and an easy target for people, much the same as Nish. There's other players that get a hell of a lot less flak despite being as bad/worse than them in games.

Sammy7nil
27-01-2011, 11:42 AM
My point being, he was involved in the game, not missing in action as some on here would imply. He won two free kicks in the first 10 minutes, is that ineffective? He may not be a silky footballer, but he gives 100% which is more than can be said of some in our team right now.

You are having a laugh here ?
Rankin was TOTALLY Ineffective No he was not much worse than anyone else, it would be difficult to defend any Hibs player last night.

However Rankin was and has been for months posted missing for a man in the "Engine Room" he is very rarely on the ball and other than his goal at Ibrox I would struggle to pick positives from his performances in recent months.

Yes he runs around that does not in anyway make him effective.

MoantheCabbage
27-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Can anyone confirm if our worst midfielder has been given a new contract.

The reason I ask is that if he had his P45 why would he be given the captains armband when Murray went off last night

I fear he has already agreed a new contract and that is a massive stepbackward in our already ailing fortunes