PDA

View Full Version : towell

since90plustwo
26-01-2011, 10:43 PM
didnt manage to see the game due to other commitments, but how did the guy play apart from the backpass? heard from a jambo mate he looked not too bad

sleeping giant
26-01-2011, 10:45 PM
didnt manage to see the game due to other commitments, but how did the guy play apart from the backpass? heard from a jambo mate he looked not too bad

I thought he looked very assured and was quite impressed until the goal:greengrin

Likes to point and tell others where they should be (bit like Chisolm).

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Decent, seems an improvement on the recent players who have played there, although it is only one game, and he did gift them a goal.

woody47
26-01-2011, 10:47 PM
I actually thought he had a good game. Bad pass back but still wanted the ball after it happened. Looked pretty confident. And he's better than what we have at present.

givescotlandfreedom
26-01-2011, 10:48 PM
And he can take a hell of a long throw in like Neilson could at Hertz.

The Harp Awakes
26-01-2011, 10:50 PM
I actually thought he had a good game. Bad pass back but still wanted the ball after it happened. Looked pretty confident. And he's better than what we have at present.

Looked assured for moist of the game. Also liked the fact his head didn't go down after the mistake.

Hibby Bairn
And he can take a hell of a long throw in like Neilson could at Hertz.

Better than Hart and Thicot. :agree:

PISTOL1875
The boy was good.. Can read the game well and done well apart from the obvious...

Bobo
26-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Other than his gaff for the 2nd goal I thought he was one of our better players along with Hanlon, Galbraith and Booth. He even has a decent throw on him, ala Erich Schaedler.

Ferryhibby
26-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Great thot he was best player, backpass apart, hel be a good addition, good runner good tackler maybe needs some games to get fitter actually thought the defence did well tonite overall

mim
26-01-2011, 10:53 PM
He looked like a very good player, but he is young and learning - hence the loss of concentration that cost us a goal and (perhaps) the game.

I was very pleased with both young full backs. :thumbsup:

AFKA5814_Hibs
I think he'll be our regular right back for the rest of the season. Shocker of a back pass, but that apart, thought he looked good.

Hibeesb0unc3
he looked quite good and had a decent game apart from one mistake, will just have to wait and see in the next few games what he is like. he is so far better than what we have had recently

calder45a
26-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Error of judgement with back pass .
Looked bright and competent seemed upfor it ,which was
Refreshing.

Cropley10
26-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Better than Hart and Thicot. :agree:

Combined.

What a refreshing change not to have to watch Hart.

Removed
26-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Agree with all previous comments. He looked distraught after the mistake but didn't let it get to him. Hard debut given the circumstances but he looks a good addition.

Iain G
26-01-2011, 11:20 PM
So we are saying the manager can spot a decent player then are we :greengrin:wink:

Hibs Class
26-01-2011, 11:21 PM
I thought he looked very assured and was quite impressed until the goal:greengrin

Likes to point and tell others where they should be (bit like Chisolm).

A little harsh? I thought his pointing was far better than any that Chisolm produced.

Sas_The_Hibby
26-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Looked assured for moist of the game. Also liked the fact his head didn't go down after the mistake.

A bit wet behind the ears, though. :wink::greengrin

ancient hibee
26-01-2011, 11:25 PM
The real error in the passback was giving him the ball in the first place-it should have been cleared long before.I think he'll do well.He quickly realised that McBride,Rankine and Zemamma were complete imposters in Hibs jerseys and once he takes on board that he can't expect anyone to make runs for him when he's on the ball he'll do fine.

sleeping giant
26-01-2011, 11:45 PM
A little harsh? I thought his pointing was far better than any that Chisolm produced.

Are you mad ? Chisolm was probably our best ever pointer. Infact , i have not seen a better pointer than Chisolm in Scotland.

This Towel has big shoes to fill !

iwasthere1972
26-01-2011, 11:53 PM
Thought he did a decent job tonight and think he will do well for us. Fingers crossed.

A big improvement on Hart.

WeAreHibs
27-01-2011, 12:02 AM
I thought he was decent, pity about the mistake but good to see the head didnt go down. Also thought his run down the wing and cross was promising. Hope he keeps it up and proves a positive loan, perhaps a long term move?!

Frogga
27-01-2011, 12:12 AM
He did well yeah. Delivered a beast of a cross at one point which Nish obviously didn't expect and his throw-ins could add another threat attacking-wise.

Shame about the pass-back but it happens to everyone at some point.

Bad Martini
27-01-2011, 12:51 AM
The boy done well. I really wish that back pass had come from someone else as til then, he'd not really put a foot wrong! Thereafter, he done relatively well still and showed some baws to keep going.

Dont know how long such confidence will last in this team of wasters tho :agree:

KWJ
27-01-2011, 12:55 AM

Despite nobody giving him a pat on the back.

(done it for you Bernz)

Hfc_Since1875
27-01-2011, 02:14 AM
Despite nobody giving him a pat on the back.

(done it for you Bernz)

Mcbride was the only player to walk over and tell him to keep the chin up and keep going!
Maybe Yogi wasnt so daft making him the captain :greengrin
Shows the lack of team spirit amongst the squad though!

Gala Foxes
27-01-2011, 05:46 AM
apart from the horror pass did okay, certainly doesnt lack presence or confidence. better than Hart

Beefster
27-01-2011, 07:17 AM
It was magic to see someone at ER, for the first time in about 15 years, who can take a throw-in. The laddie will do alright for us. It's just a pity that he'll be going back to the 'dodgers.

Barney McGrew
27-01-2011, 07:23 AM
It was a good debut, and he looks very assured on the ball. He made one mistake and got punished for it, but I'll bet he doesn't do that again - next time the ball will be in row Z if he ends up in that position.

He looks like he likes to get forward to support the midfield, which is something we've been sorely missing and he played with his head up always looking for the pass.

If he can keep up that level of performance or better, then I think we've solved the RB problem.

jonny
27-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Thought he had a decent game - not spectacular. Obviously at fault for the 2nd goal but as said has a good throw in. Just a pity when he launches it into the box we've no-one to head the damn thing.

Thought he looked better going forward than he did defending, struggled a bit against Weiss - but then again most defenders in the SPL do.

I'd give him pass marks along with Hanlon, Booth and Galbraith. The rest were dross.

Galbraith was the best Hibs player for me.

McD
27-01-2011, 10:02 AM
It was magic to see someone at ER, for the first time in about 15 years, who can take a throw-in. The laddie will do alright for us. It's just a pity that he'll be going back to the 'dodgers.

Anyone know if theres a chance we have a buy option to exercise if he keeps up this showing?
Whats the likelyhood of getting into celtic's first team for him, we might be able to offer him an opportunity to cement a first team position very quickly.

southern hibby
27-01-2011, 10:15 AM
I would go as far to say if he keeps playing like that apart from the pass back, I would offer the filth a fee for him and keep him long term.

Really do feel that he was our best player last night and he looks like he wants to play which is a change. Got in a few good challenges and was not trying to let the game pass him by hiding even after the pass back.

Young lad has a good future in the game and I only hope it is for us long term. (as I've already said) as long as he keeps playing like that he will do for me.

I for one, thing CC has found a gem.

soproni1
27-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Great thot he was best player, backpass apart, hel be a good addition, good runner good tackler maybe needs some games to get fitter actually thought the defence did well tonite overall

:agree:

JimBHibees
27-01-2011, 03:51 PM
I would go as far to say if he keeps playing like that apart from the pass back, I would offer the filth a fee for him and keep him long term.

Really do feel that he was our best player last night and he looks like he wants to play which is a change. Got in a few good challenges and was not trying to let the game pass him by hiding even after the pass back.

Young lad has a good future in the game and I only hope it is for us long term. (as I've already said) as long as he keeps playing like that he will do for me.

I for one, thing CC has found a gem.

From what I gather Celtc rate him so IMO he is only here for the experience and will return to his parent club in May. Looks a decent player.

GreenCastle
27-01-2011, 04:22 PM

:greengrin

After his mistake you could tell he was devastated. McBride and Murray did speak with him and tell him to forget it / focus again.

I think the guy has potential and will only get better with games.

At one point he was looking for options ahead and there was no movement - Nish suddenly decided to help down the line.

Would play him over Hart and Thicot (who could be a good utility player to keep)

Sir David Gray
27-01-2011, 04:34 PM
It was a good debut, and he looks very assured on the ball. He made one mistake and got punished for it, but I'll bet he doesn't do that again - next time the ball will be in row Z if he ends up in that position.

He looks like he likes to get forward to support the midfield, which is something we've been sorely missing and he played with his head up always looking for the pass.

If he can keep up that level of performance or better, then I think we've solved the RB problem.

Since he goes back to Celtic in four months' time, I wouldn't really say he's solved anything.

Hopefully he'll do enough to help keep us up, but we'll be back to square one again in the summer as far as that goes.