PDA

View Full Version : Should We Do a Liverpool?

Leishy1995
26-01-2011, 10:10 PM
I am talking about singing for the manager we want, we had one shot on goal tonight, your top scorer on the bench and no belief.

Look at Liverpool in the Hodgeson era. No belief, no passion, the rare win. Worried about relegation. Collectively their fans go out to every single game, and make their opinions known by siniging Dalglish. The board cave and chose to give the fans what they want. RH out. Then who they want, Dalglish in, this then injects a new air of optimism and performances improve.

No style, wasted stadium and training facilities. If Calderwoods signings make an impact, then fair enough let him stay. Come Febuary 28th if our form hasn't picked up and "his team" have not played his way and we are worse off.

Does anyone think we should do this.

Those that think he should go who would we sing for? Has to be a real legend, someone who bleeds the green and white of Hibernian.

Shoot me down if you must. It is just a thought.
:flag:

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Who do we want?

AgentDaleCooper
26-01-2011, 10:12 PM
I am talking about singing for the manager we want, we had one shot on goal tonight, your top scorer on the bench and no belief.

Look at Liverpool in the Hodgeson era. No belief, no passion, the rare win. Worried about relegation. Collectively their fans go out to every single game, and make their opinions known by siniging Dalglish. The board cave and chose to give the fans what they want. RH out. Then who they want, Dalglish in, this then injects a new air of optimism and performances improve.

No style, wasted stadium and training facilities. If Calderwoods signings make an impact, then fair enough let him stay. Come Febuary 28th if our form hasn't picked up and "his team" have not played his way and we are worse off.

Those that think he should go who would we sing for? Has to be a real legend, someone who bleeds the green and white of Hibernian.

mixu? sauzee? yogi?

...damn.

ok.

collins?

erm...eddie turnbull?

Sir David Gray
26-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Do you have any names? :confused:

CropleyWasGod

Um...

Franck

Yogi

JC

Paddy

Sloop

I know.... Eddie Turnbull!!

AgentDaleCooper
Um...

Franck

Yogi

JC

Paddy

Sloop

I know.... Eddie Turnbull!!

:cool2:

ScottB
26-01-2011, 10:14 PM

Like when we all wanted Collins / Mixu / Hughes then aye?

A dangerous plan, and we've yet to see how successful Dalglish will be, consider the Newcastle fans and their demand for the return of Keegan, that didn't exactly work out!

As for appointing a 'Hibs legend' as manager, the last 3 fit under that bill.

Viva_Palmeiras
"Smithy must go"

Oh how the Dons fans must laugh the day they sung that.

Are you a choristor (sp?)

Leishy1995
Sauzee got how long the first time. I'm just putting a thought across. Collins, had a better record than Yogi but we backed the players not the manager. Andy Gray?:flag:

CropleyWasGod
26-01-2011, 10:15 PM
:cool2:

So you're younger and quicker on the keys than me? :greengrin

Great minds... um.... are quite boring.... :confused:

chrisski33
26-01-2011, 10:16 PM
i want dalglish!

One Day Soon
26-01-2011, 10:16 PM

Ok, bang bang.

Next.

CropleyWasGod
26-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Sauzee got how long the first time. I'm just putting a thought across. Collins, had a better record than Yogi but we backed the players not the manager. Andy Gray?:flag:

Not my recollection. "There's only one John Collins" were the words at Hampden.

Andy Gray played for Dundee Hibs, no our lot.

Iain G
26-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Doing a Liverpool? Celtic already do this don't they, with their own elevated self worth and belief that everyone is out to get them and based on past glories they should be the biggest team in the world and why aren't they, it's not fair, it's all someone else's fault?!? :devil:

No, we need to BACK THE MANAGER at the moment, he needs to get 2 or 3 more players in to save us from the drop and we need to give them the positivie support to get us all out of this, otherwise we are going down :agree:

Leishy1995
26-01-2011, 10:22 PM
I am talking about the board Cropley, let's be honest, our worse run since the 80s, worse record than we had at this point in the previous time we went down. Calderwood has 2 wins 2 draws and 10 losses. I never wanted Hughes out. The Liverpool situation is similar to ours, a manager who does not get to build his own squad before he bites the bullet. Is anyone happy with CC as manager? He brought no style or anything different, not even a honeymoon period. A loss to Ayr with a shocking team out. We are not in the hands of a man able to save us from relegation and if I am the only one seeing it then I will be the first to point this thread out to anyone when we go down.

Leishy1995
26-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Iain - backing the manager is one thing but he doesn't manage us properly. He doesn't fill me with confidence, his pre-match interview is not what I wanted to here, he wasn't going to use the previous result to inspire the team. If I beat the champions 3-0 I would not be letting the players forget it. That's how good they can be and they need to remember that.

Extra
I knew about Andy Gray not playing for us.

Beefster
26-01-2011, 10:28 PM

I thought that the latest poll on here showed that the vast majority of Hibs fans didn't want him sacked?

AgentDaleCooper
26-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Great minds... um.... are quite boring.... :confused:

something like that :aok:

Leishy1995
26-01-2011, 10:33 PM
I thought that the latest poll on here showed that the vast majority of Hibs fans didn't want him sacked?

Never knew about any poll, in all honesty, he should resign by the end of Febuary if we are in the same position or worse of. "You don't know what your doing" is my personal phrase describing him. Most will disagree.

steakbake
26-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Get someone like yogi back in and im finished with hibs. Im hinging by a threid already. Getting petrie out would be a start to recovery. The worst run in 85 years, the farcical managerial failure merrygoround: its all been on his watch.

Leishy1995
26-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Get someone like yogi back in and im finished with hibs. Im hinging by a threid already. Getting petrie out would be a start to recovery. The worst run in 85 years, the farcical managerial failure merrygoround: its all been on his watch.

I don't expect Yogi back, I want a manager who knows the club inside and out. I don't watch Hibs games and think, this is my club. The club does not play the Hibs way, we do not attack, we haven't since last year. Selling Stokes on the final day was the biggest mistake we could have done. Sometimes, I wonder how Petrie sleeps at night knowing he's killing the club.

proud_and_green
26-01-2011, 10:42 PM
I am talking about the board Cropley, let's be honest, our worse run since the 80s, worse record than we had at this point in the previous time we went down. Calderwood has 2 wins 2 draws and 10 losses. I never wanted Hughes out. The Liverpool situation is similar to ours, a manager who does not get to build his own squad before he bites the bullet. Is anyone happy with CC as manager? He brought no style or anything different, not even a honeymoon period. A loss to Ayr with a shocking team out. We are not in the hands of a man able to save us from relegation and if I am the only one seeing it then I will be the first to point this thread out to anyone when we go down.

A honeymoon period happens because the players raise their game. Our lot couldn't even be bothered to do that. CC is the latest in a long line of managers who have been unable to get the players to work and who have not been given the time to put their own stamp on the team. I hope to god that CC is given the time. I think he does know what he's doing but has **** to work with - **** in **** out!!!!

gunnerhibee
26-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Don't be so stupid - how many more managers can we go thru when we've got most of the same players that Collins, Mixu, Yogi and now Calderwood have?
Any (good) ideas fellow supporters?

Leishy1995
26-01-2011, 10:49 PM
If CC stays, as I have stated I would let him stay until march, he needs a striker. He also needs a central defender as dickoh is beyond a joke.

proud_and_green
26-01-2011, 10:56 PM
If CC stays, as I have stated I would let him stay until march, he needs a striker. He also needs a central defender as dickoh is beyond a joke.

Well i just hope that the club doesn't rely on you to make the managerial appointment decisions!!!

Leishy1995
26-01-2011, 11:05 PM
We could have had Steve Clarke, we didn't fork out, Aberdeen wanted someone and got him, look at them now.

I'm_cabbaged
26-01-2011, 11:07 PM
JC was sitting in the stand tonight. :wink:

ScottB
26-01-2011, 11:16 PM
We could have had Steve Clarke, we didn't fork out, Aberdeen wanted someone and got him, look at them now.

So you want someone who knows the club and Scottish football, or you want a guy whose never had a managers job? Make up your mind!

Deek01
26-01-2011, 11:25 PM
I want Mark Mcghee ! :greengrin

booshsutton
26-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Jose Mourinho???

He's a Hibby honest, the fishman told me...

Liberal Hibby
26-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Is it significant that Leishy 1995 has 62 posts to his name?

Sniff, sniff

Speedy
26-01-2011, 11:38 PM

What Dalglish done was come in and sort out the defence. A defence with Konchesky, Kyriakos and Skrtel is never going to be successful.

Vini1875
26-01-2011, 11:49 PM
I think of all the possible managers, only Eddie Turnbull would fit the bill to sort out this shower, but I would fear for his health as he would burst a blood vessel trying to get them to do the simple things.

I believe that the board will stick with CC until the season is over, but it is the board who should carry the can over this. To allow so many players to be out of contract at one time was absolute folly and people were saying it at the time. Although Yogi did get us to 4th the writing was on the wall and change should have happened in the summer. As it is we need to presevere with CC, because nothing but a sure thing will do for Hibs at the moment if we were to change managers again.

Iain G
26-01-2011, 11:57 PM
I think of all the possible managers, only Eddie Turnbull would fit the bill to sort out this shower, but I would fear for his health as he would burst a blood vessel trying to get them to do the simple things.

I believe that the board will stick with CC until the season is over, but it is the board who should carry the can over this. To allow so many players to be out of contract at one time was absolute folly and people were saying it at the time. Although Yogi did get us to 4th the writing was on the wall and change should have happened in the summer. As it is we need to presevere with CC, because nothing but a sure thing will do for Hibs at the moment if we were to change managers again.

And who, prey tell, out of those out of contract in the summer you would actually consider worth keeping? :confused:

houston1875
27-01-2011, 08:26 AM
....Strachan,he'd light a fire right up petrie's chorus and verse?

khib70
27-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Never knew about any poll, in all honesty, he should resign by the end of Febuary if we are in the same position or worse of. "You don't know what your doing" is my personal phrase describing him. Most will disagree.
That's the one thing you've got right so far

LTYF

heretoday
27-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Who do we want?

Maradona......:duck:

holyrood hibbie
27-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Johnny Collins Green and White army

He got us a trophy, went through two player revolts, we won 9 games in a row, including a win at **** stadium and castle greyskull. All he needed was money and when he didnt get that, he walked and to this day I dont blame him. Calderwood out Collins in IMO

southern hibby
27-01-2011, 10:34 AM
I would stick with CC.

He needs to get his players in and we can then judge on him after we see his team.

We all love hibs and want the best for them but lets be honest, would we get anyone good enough to come in after we have systematically gotten rid of our managers when nothing ever goes right for them. Most managers worth their salt would think of Hibs as a 2 way thing, a job when they are unemployed or a step down in terms of job security.

My personal view is we need stability and leadership on the managerial front. We have a new manager in and he has players that either he cannot motivate by this i mean he is not good enough or they are not interested. Does this mean that JC, Mixu and Yogi was not good enough either because the players were not intersted under these managers either. I think these players are the problem and as I have said lets see how he does with his own team in.

GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Johnny Collins Green and White army

He got us a trophy, went through two player revolts, we won 9 games in a row, including a win at **** stadium and castle greyskull. All he needed was money and when he didnt get that, he walked and to this day I dont blame him. Calderwood out Collins in IMO

Ah that old chestnut. In fact Collins bucked todays trend of cheque book managers, he could manage other managers players, he did a good job with Mowbrays team. Its just a pity he couldn't manage his own lot.

mickki40
27-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Ah that old chestnut. In fact Collins bucked todays trend of cheque book managers, he could manage other managers players, he did a good job with Mowbrays team. Its just a pity he couldn't manage his own lot.

Thank god I am not alone in thinking that John Collins success came on the back of a Mowbray team. What success has JC Had since? That's right, a big fat nil.

offshorehibby
27-01-2011, 10:58 AM
And who do you think will want to come to Hibs if we keep sacking managers. CC took over a squad that were already in free-fall. He's inherited players with know heart and a squad who 16 are out of contact in the summer.
I honestly don't think Alex Ferguson could have improved this shower.

We desperately need CH and somebody to stick the ball in the back off the net if we'd had these at the start of the season we would not be in the position we are in.

Let CC bring in his own players and allow them time to gel and not the 45 mins we expect new Hibs players to be world beaters.

Wakeyhibee
27-01-2011, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE=Should We Do A Liverpool?:[/QUOTE]

And win the Champions League??? Of course we should !!!! :brickwall

Leishy1995
27-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Is the post count significant, NO I do not understand you saying that one, it seems that you think I have no opinion. I want Collins back at least he attacked teams. He never had his own well with them. That's most arguement you all give for Calderwood. Give me strength you have posted such a stupid comment. People will highlight what I just said in comparison to my posts. Nobodys opinion can be wrong, I have not belittled anybodys comments so don't be little mine.
The only thing I can say his that post was a joke.

Even stareing relegation in the face you think the man who plays long ball game after game to a man who wins 1 header in 5, barring last night by the way, Or the same manager who plays riordan up front and we still play long ball, must be the players. We have lost 2 players since last years squad so we can't continue blaming them. Blame the board and the manager, anyone lucky enough to watch us go down and remember will know we had a saving grace and that was Alex Mcleish being backed. Bit late to back CC now we are going down and we are willing to stand and watch it. You disagree with me wanting to sack the manager but the majority of you will whip your own players for touching a ball. I'm out the comment already spoke about has disgusted me and the fact he thought people would take that is shocking. Fans the 12th man...

Bad Martini
27-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Based on following Liverpool for as long as I can remember, I can only agree with the sentiment expressed by the OP.

I've watched Liverpool all season capitulate to lower and lesser teams...
I've watched their top scorer fail to fire, look "disinterested" and talk about leaving...
I've seen Reina, one of the worlds' best keepers make howlers...
I've seen Gerrard, one of the UK's best fitba players, sky penalties...
I've seen them ALL play less than they are capable of, lose games they should win and worse besides...
Fans, turning on fans...
Fans turning on manager, owners, board and chairman...
Money lost, half empty stadium and everything else that goes with a really REALLY poor run and bad season...

These things above, ALL, and more, also apply at Easter Road...every last point we have a similarity here. I don't know it the OP was on the windup or not but the parallels between the Liverpool predicament and the Hibs predicament are frankly startling.

We've got the same problems they have/had. And more...

The transformation under Kenny Dalglish has been astounding and he's only had 2 weeks and 5 games. Man Utd - the same team, same players and same squad managed a narrow 1 nil loss with 10 men, away from home when they should have been skelped on paper and the goal they lost, was a dubious penalty. They started off well against Blackpool, the out of form forward Torres netting a ****er of a goal (bear in mind, this is after Dalglish as returned for FOUR days). Thereafter, save for 10 minutes at the start of the second half they roasted Everton and should have won but showed great spirit to come back from losing a 1-0 to a 2-1 reverse and taking a draw. Confidence is oozing all over the pitch, they actually LOOK like the want to play, the same squad mind, same players (with some younger lads in) and a turn is on. They follow that with 2 straight wins, yes, against lower teams of lesser quality BUT, 3 weeks ago (and earlier this season) they would have, and did, lose to these teams.

He's also spent time getting to know how EVERY team is doing and what they have coming through from the 18's up. He's got them in the loop. LFC have just set-up a fans forum and are asking how THEY can make things better for the punters. This, directly opposite to defending their poor place in the league and such like. Acceptance that it's ****, not good enough and needs to change. They'll use social media sites every minute of the day to tell everyoen what's going on, they foster spirit and commeraderie and use the press wisely. There's no veiled attacks at anyone and no "we've done this" ... acceptance it's not good enough and moving on is what's happening. That, is all a lot of people wanted to hear.

Yes, it's early but it's clear for even Stevie Wonder to see that Liverpool HAVE changed. The fans are smiling. Anfield, is buzzing. They're selling merchandise (with Dalglish on) in the droves and the whole thing has generated POSITIVITY. They are now 7th in the league and looking far better, more organised but here's the key - havent really done anything in the transfer market and with the same team and squad, are like a different team. CONFIDENCE. BELIEF. PRIDE. All coming back slowly.

All that, from one man and a new assistant, for 2 weeks.

Furthermore, whether people admit it (and lots of people love to hate on Liverpool), Dalglish commands respect and oozes class. The man loves Liverpool and always has. There is probably nothing he wouldn't do for the club and it shows on the pitch ... his enthuasim has rubbed off on lots of players for which he had 2 ways of dealing with them:
1) Make them WANT to play (same players who didnt want to for Hodgson), regardless of money, accept you have them and see if you can make them play. You need only look at lesser teams getting a good run in the Scottish Cup in recent years if you want to see this happening - players PLAYING for their boss and the shirt - not for money, greed or anything else. Kenny has got them doing this...

His other option was to sell them all, take the hard line and get nowhere. He didn't do that and they are now to a man, like a different team.

The problem with all this, the thing that ****s me off here and hurts the most - we dont HAVE a Kenny Dalglish at Hibs. The closest to this mantra and behaviour we had was John Collins and we all know how that turned out, partly I believe, down to the board backing the players and clearly NOT backing Collins and partly down to Collins not having the same type of man management skills folk like Kenny Dalglish have. That could have been remedied by getting a decent, man manager type bloke in as his number 2 (also getting another punter to help him with the player purchases as JC's were *****) but, in terms of mantra and love of the club and all that - Collins to me, is the closest we had to a Kenny type guy at Hibs, notwithstanding folk with green blood like Stanton who wouldn't get back into all that at their ages.

From here, what do we do? We need to hope a manager who has achieved very little gets a bunch of players playing, who have achieved even less. It's not a formula for greatness. The only hope we have is they all find from somewhere, the thing they've all collectively failed to show for many many many weeks. Some desire, balls and passion for the shirt. Personally, if they found that and we stayed up, I'll be delighted. That would do for now. And thats how bad it is when we're settling for staying up.

Nae good.

McKenzie
27-01-2011, 04:59 PM
we want Mourinho :scarf::whistle:

GreenCastle
27-01-2011, 05:29 PM
JC was sitting in the stand tonight. :wink:

In the West Upper :agree:

Leishy1995
27-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Bad Martini :top marksThat was what I was wanting to get across.

Leishy1995
12-07-2011, 06:38 PM
I remember me getting told in this thread we needed to back the manager, now should we copy Liverpool and make our feelings known? Or are we happy to stay in limbo regarding the manager?

HibbyAndy
12-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Liverpool still wont be in the Champions Lg next season :greengrin

yekimevol
12-07-2011, 07:22 PM
marcello lippi :wink:

Brebners Bookie
12-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Doing a Liverpool? Celtic already do this don't they, with their own elevated self worth and belief that everyone is out to get them and based on past glories they should be the biggest team in the world and why aren't they, it's not fair, it's all someone else's fault?!? :devil:

No, we need to BACK THE MANAGERat the moment, he needs to get 2 or 3 more players in to save us from the drop and we need to give them the positivie support to get us all out of this, otherwise we are going down :agree:

Dinnae be silly

Leishy1995
13-07-2011, 12:50 AM
Liverpool still wont be in the Champions Lg next season :greengrin

And nothing will make me happier!:greengrin