PDA

View Full Version : Question OK, who is our best starting XI?

HibsMax
26-01-2011, 09:57 PM
I see post after post after post lambasting CC for not knowing who his best starting XI is. If it's so obvious then I am sure every reply to this post will have the exact same 11 names.

Who wants to go first?

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Is that you Colin...?

HibsMax
26-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Is that you Colin...?

It sure is. I've been a closet Hibs fan on Hibs.net for over 8 years and amassed over 8,000 posts but STILL you saw through my poor disguise. Well done, Sir. :wink:

one day maybe...
26-01-2011, 10:02 PM
From what he has available.

Brown

Towell
Hanlon
Stephens
Booth

Wotherspoon
Thornhill
Scott
Galbraith

Riordan
Nish

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Its one thing folk saying on here what their first choice 11 would be, CC sees them in training everyday tho and should at least have a vauge idea after 4 months imo...

H!BEE
26-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Is that you Colin...?

:top marks

mike1875
26-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Brown

Towell
Hanlon
Stephens
Booth

Wotherspoon
Thornhill
Scott
Riordan

Duffy
Nish

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-01-2011, 10:08 PM

Brown

Towell
Hanlon
Stephens
Booth

Wotherspoon
Thornhill
Scott
Galbraith

Riordan
Nish

Nish?!!?!?!?!?!? Really?!!?!?!?!?!?! Duffy for Nish and that could be decent

HibsMax
26-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Its one thing folk saying on here what their first choice 11 would be, CC sees them in training everyday tho and should at least have a vauge idea after 4 months imo...
I agree with that in principle. But what if the players are so inconsistent that it's difficult to tell?

For the record I do agree that chopping and changing the team is not the best way to develop any sort of consistency but I think he's still trying to find out which of his players are consistent.

Best solution would be for someone to ask CC to his face.

smack
26-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Is that you Colin...?

Lol

HibsMax
26-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Nish?!!?!?!?!?!? Really?!!?!?!?!?!?! Duffy for Nish and that could be decent
See what I mean about the lack of agreement amongst our own fans?

I really don't think team selection is as easy as people make out, especially when the team is performing as poorly as it is now.

woodyloon
26-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Is that not why we pay a manager and all his coaching staff over 1/4 million pound plus a year, to assess the players strengths and weaknesses at our state of the art training complex, and then with there years of football experience they sort out what is our strongest 11, then get the rest of the squad up to the similar standard so we can adopt different styles and tatics.

HibsMax
26-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Is that not why we pay a manager and all his coaching staff over 1/4 million pound plus a year, to assess the players strengths and weaknesses at our state of the art training complex, and then with there years of football experience they sort out what is our strongest 11, then get the rest of the squad up to the similar standard so we can adopt different styles and tatics.
Indeed that is why we pay the staff this money but the question wasn't, "Why do we pay the manager and all his coaching staff....?".

The reason I asked this question was to see if we could get enough answers collectively to see if there is some sort of pattern emerging.

If we dropped every player that at least one or two posters had complained about we wouldn't be able field more than a 5-a-side team because none of them are good enough.

But it's still Colin's fault.

woodyloon
26-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Understand your thoughts. All I would say is that if we feel the manager is overlooking certain player/s, then we can put pressure on Manager during the match by chanting there name/s.

Maybe we should be suggesting geting the manger to attend open meetings, ( if it is not possibly surely there nust be some way he can listen to fans concerns, and I'm not just suggesting CC, RP could also try harder to find a way of listening to fans concerns) and then he can answer questions and also try and explain what his objectives are, and why it seems he is stuggling to get a settled squad of players. It might also beneift CC to understand certain things that he did not appreciate.
As they claim they want us all to be part of the Hibs Family

pacorosssco
27-01-2011, 07:40 AM
It is hard with the players not performing but as we are weak at back id like to see a 4-2-3-1 to protect back 4. I think the key is to find a team and stick to it. IMO this should have been done after we got results. He never picked the same team when we won at Ibrox and while we won against Motherwell he then again changed team after. The team in second half against D.Utd should have started the derby. As for changing keepers around. WHY?. Brown has gained us points.
Rankin, Mcbride and Nish have done nothing to keep coming back in and should make bench at best.

soproni1
27-01-2011, 09:52 AM
After last night for me its:

Brown

Towell
Dickoh
Hanlon
Booth

Spoony
Scott
Thornhill
Galbraith

Duffy
Riordan (only if he gets his finger out his a*se)

Leaving

de graaf - only if he plays every game with the same urgency and desire as last night
Stephens
Byrne
Miller (if we can rewind him about 15/16 months)

The Rest can do one

Miller33
27-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Brown

Towell
Stephens
Hanlon
Booth

Zemmama
Miller
McBride
Galbraith

Trakys
Riordan

Subs -
Stack
Dickoh
Wotherspoon
Scott
Thornhill
Duffy
Byrne

Zazu62
27-01-2011, 03:23 PM

Brown

Towell
Hanlon
Stephens
Booth

Wotherspoon
Thornhill
Scott
Galbraith

Riordan
Nish

Don't think having a back four made up of teenagers and early 20 year olds is going to help, we need an experienced centre half ASAP :wink:

HibsMax
27-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Understand your thoughts. All I would say is that if we feel the manager is overlooking certain player/s, then we can put pressure on Manager during the match by chanting there name/s.

Maybe we should be suggesting geting the manger to attend open meetings, ( if it is not possibly surely there nust be some way he can listen to fans concerns, and I'm not just suggesting CC, RP could also try harder to find a way of listening to fans concerns) and then he can answer questions and also try and explain what his objectives are, and why it seems he is stuggling to get a settled squad of players. It might also beneift CC to understand certain things that he did not appreciate.
As they claim they want us all to be part of the Hibs Family

While I don't expect Hibs to air their dirty laundry in public it would be nice to know what Colin is thinking. But he's never going to come out and say anything negative about the players, not while they're still at the club and playing, and probably not after they get emptied. But I know a good number of people would like to know why Brown is not playing right now. There could be a damn good reason but since one hasn't been officially given, it's probably not.

HibsMax
27-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Keep this up, guys and girls! It would be nice to get an idea of what the fans' starting XI would be. I appreciate that the results are not representative of the entire Hibs support, just those that answer this thread. :)

Brads Laing
27-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Brown
Towell
Stephens
Hanlon
Booth
Wotherspoon
Thornhill
Scott
Galbraith
Zemamma
Riordan

borstalboy
27-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Brown

Towell
Dickoh
Hanlon
Booth

Galbraith
Scott
Murray
Thornhill
Wotherspoon

Duffy

I would have it as a more 4-5-1 when defending and an attacking 433 with both wide players pushing as high up the park and as wide as possible, with hopefully scott and thornhill (if their actually attack minded midfielders) pressing to support duffy.

However, I do think we still need a destroyer/leader in the middle of the park. Someone who going to boot some a*ses and actually talk to players and encourage them throughout the game. One thing that struck me at last nights game was when we went 1-0 down, not one player tried to gee the team up! That is basic stuff at any level!

Billy Whizz
27-01-2011, 04:42 PM
I see post after post after post lambasting CC for not knowing who his best starting XI is. If it's so obvious then I am sure every reply to this post will have the exact same 11 names.

Who wants to go first?

Ask me after the Transfer window has closed and I know who's in our pool.

Cameron1875
27-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Brown

Towell
Murray
Hanlon
Booth

Zemmama
Miller
Scott
Gailbraith

Duffy