PDA

View Full Version : riordan - captancy

dp00
26-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Was it me but did riordan refuse to take the captains armband off murray when he was subbed

jonny
26-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Was it me but did riordan refuse to take the captains armband off murray when he was subbed

Don't think so bud. Looked like Murray handed it to Wotherspoon at pitch side and Wotherspoon went straight over to Rankin and handed it to him.

scottp1875
26-01-2011, 08:58 PM
murray was still on the park when riordan came on for zemmama. then seconds later murray subbed for wotherspoon so at no point did murray and riordan really pass each other.
think riordan ruined his chances of captaincy after getting sent off against hearts

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Riordan said wks ago he didnt want captaincy and jst wanted to concentrate on playing :agree: Miller took the armband a few wks ago when Deeks was on the pitch im pretty sure.

Iain G
26-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Riordan said wks ago he didnt want captaincy and jst wanted to concentrate on playing :agree: Miller took the armband a few wks ago when Deeks was on the pitch im pretty sure.

So at what stage is he going to start concentrating then, no goals in how many games now? :wink:

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-01-2011, 09:21 PM
So at what stage is he going to start concentrating then, no goals in how many games now? :wink:

Wish I knew the answer to that mate. Doesnt help when we change our team so bloody much. Deeks and Trakys up front one wk, Deek on his own the nxt wk, Deeks and Duffy nxt wk, Duffy on his own the nxt, Nish on his own...etc etc. Im dizzy thinking about it

SMAXXA
26-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Wish I knew the answer to that mate. Doesnt help when we change our team so bloody much. Deeks and Trakys up front one wk, Deek on his own the nxt wk, Deeks and Duffy nxt wk, Duffy on his own the nxt, Nish on his own...etc etc. Im dizzy thinking about it

To me mate thats one of our biggest problems the chopping and changing the team, or right hand doesnt know what the left is doing at times, so bad!

3pm
26-01-2011, 09:33 PM
The captaincy shouldn't mean much but it's gutting to see Rankin put the armband on. Says a lot about our current situation if he's a leader.

Winston Ingram
26-01-2011, 09:38 PM
The captaincy shouldn't mean much but it's gutting to see Rankin put the armband on. Says a lot about our current situation if he's a leader.

:agree:

Liberal Hibby
26-01-2011, 11:28 PM

Nope - it says more about one eyed fans (if indeed they are fans of Hibs) who can't see what he and the other targets of the boo boys give.

Nish, Rankin and Smith all passed muster tonight. Darling Deeks, Zemmama and Murray contributed less than nothing.

Bad Martini
26-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Nope - it says more about one eyed fans (if indeed they are fans of Hibs) who can't see what he and the other targets of the boo boys give.

Nish, Rankin and Smith all passed muster tonight. Darling Deeks, Zemmama and Murray contributed less than nothing.

Nish passed nothing - he was sheite and proved it on 3 clear cut chances. Rankin was absent in the main. Smith wasn't great. Deek done little (though why leave your top scorer on the bench?). Zemmama was utter sheite too and Murray was culpable for the first goal.

I have NEVER supported any player or individual over the CLUB and never wil.

There's no "darling" players but be assured, Nish will never be a forward for Hibs of any description. He's no up to the job. Rankin tries his arse off but he's not good enough and Smith is our THIRD best keeper as it stands right now.

There's something very wrong at Easter Road right now.....the first division beckons unless somebody puts it right uber-quickly.
:agree:

KWJ
26-01-2011, 11:34 PM

I'm not a Rankin hater but he was below average tonight. No worse than the 3 you mention though.

Bad Martini
26-01-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm not a Rankin hater but he was below average tonight. No worse than the 3 you mention though.

The whole team are playing worse than their quality (And wages) dictate they should.

It's all confidence. They have, none. And Calderwood has done nowt to instill any. Nobody, has done anything to instill any and until this season is over, we NEED these wage thieves to play. EVERY last one of them or their parting shot will be having us relegated.

How to get out this mess?? **** knows, its a shame we don't have a secret stash of fantastic motivational managers who are also Hibbys and happy to step in an do a job mid-season.

Franck Stanton
26-01-2011, 11:38 PM

Sorry, cant agree, 100% of zero is still zero, and that is exactly what we got out of both Nish and Rankin [again] tonight. If we had a striker on the field,[ Trakys would have done ], we would have fared better, not saying we would have won but would have at least put them under a wee bit pressure. Oh and Smith didnt excactly cover himself in glory at 1st goal - still not even our second best keeper.
As for Deek, Murray and Zoomer, they at least tried, Murray put himself about and made a few good important tackles, Zoomer improving with each game on his road to fitness, Deek - well okay give you that one , still petulant and work-shy.

truehibernian
26-01-2011, 11:38 PM
You must have been watching a totally different game to me.

Colin did next to hee haw up top and didn't defend when he should have done. If you have Hibs TV, watch the highlights and watch his movement, both up front and when defending set pieces. Quite literally ball watching and not marking at defensive set pieces, and slow to chase and close down up top, which is prerequisite when doing the lone striker role.

Rankin......again, what on earth do you think he contributed.....other than him and McBride conspiring to lose possession and putting the backline under pressure......again !!

I don't want any of these so called midfielders in the side from now until season end, they quite simply are devoid of the basic skills of keeping possession and pace. McBride, like Nish, looks like he runs in slow motion........pathetic levels of core fitness and speed.

Sooner we rid the football club of these absolute charlatans the better. This season has been the limpest displays against the OF and Hearts I have ever clapped eyes upon........these are games you should be cranking up a notch and getting stuck in. Rangers must have thought they were in a wee bounce game tonight. No pressure, no desire, no commitment, no drive or energy. Just the usual side to side, dithery, ponderous football. Other than our young full backs.......they were the only positives from tonight.

Saorsa
27-01-2011, 12:28 AM

Nish, Rankin and Smith all passed muster tonight. Darling Deeks, Zemmama and Murray contributed less than nothing.You must have been watching something different tae me then