PDA

View Full Version : positives about tonight

jonny
26-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Danny Galbraith looked really lively and was actually running at players. Didn't come off all the time but at least he tried.

Hearts got pumped 4-0 and that should put all the ridiculous talk of them being title challengers to bed for a wee while.

brianmc
26-01-2011, 08:53 PM
The only positive for me was deciding to stay in the house instead of going to watch that *****.
Cannae see us staying up now.[****in scunnered smilie]

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-01-2011, 08:54 PM
None whatsoever...end of

JimBHibees
26-01-2011, 08:56 PM
both young full backs looked ok that is it.

Wotherspiniesta
26-01-2011, 09:04 PM
The young players looked good. Galbraith and Booth linked up well.

hibs4life
26-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Clutching at straws to take anything positive tonight. Really poor stuff against an ordinary team. The thing is it is not just about tonight's game but the cumulative effect that is dragging the whole atmosphere of the club down. More and more fans just cannae be bothered and frankly, who can blame them :-(

H!BEE
26-01-2011, 09:12 PM
i had my green tints on and still couldnt see any positives.

bod
# 4 theres plenty taxi's about ER when hibs are playing

One Day Soon
The young players looked good. Galbraith and Booth linked up well.

My new Nigella chicken recipe was pretty good, Mrs One Day Soon seems very amorous tonight and I've had some Toblerone.

On the negative side I'm still a Hibernian supporter every morning when I wake up.

blackpoolhibs
Dickoh.

hibs4life
26-01-2011, 09:13 PM
OK I did think Booth looked like he is a player but thought Galbraith flattered to deceive a lot. Plenty energy but lacking end product, although he at least tried his heart out.

3pm
26-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Hanlon.

Andy74
26-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Full backs other than the mistake. Dickoh won most things. De Graaf played well when on. That's about it.

Skanko79
26-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Here is a list of my positives.......

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Full backs other than the mistake. Dickoh won most things. De Graaf played well when on. That's about it.

:faf: Stop it Andy, next you will be telling me Ian Murray ran the show, and Rankin was the new Messi?

Mon Dieu4
26-01-2011, 09:18 PM
The only positive I had today, was the wee guy two seats infront of me, he was dancing throughout the whole game, his robot and running man coupled with his mime of opening a can of juice where absolute immense :faf::faf:

Whoever you are I salute you!!! It's the funniest thing i've seen in a long time:cool2:

JCHibby
26-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Dickoh.

I hope to hell this is sarcasm!!!

bingo70
26-01-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm going to go against the grain here, i was encouraged by the fight in the hibs team tonight, we were scrapping a lot better than in recent weeks and were actually looking like they wanted to win tackles in the midfield.

We're clearly lacking quality up front just now though, if we can get that sorted in the next few days (it should have been sorted long before now but it wasn't so we need to just deal with it) then i think we'll be fine.

I thought the poorest players in the hibs team were Murray and Mcbride and we've got two guys waiting in the wings ready to come in for them.

I genuinely believe we're not far away from turning the corner, one game we'll cut out the stupid mistakes and we'll no doubt get a scrappy goal then hopefully we'll build from there.

3pm
26-01-2011, 09:23 PM
I walked with 20 to go. That was positive.

Andy74
26-01-2011, 09:24 PM
:faf: Stop it Andy, next you will be telling me Ian Murray ran the show, and Rankin was the new Messi?

So he didn't play well?

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2011, 09:25 PM
I hope to hell this is sarcasm!!!

Did you see the match? He was our best player by a mile. The back 4 did ok, its the clown behind them, and the traffic cones in front who make sure we dont create anything, and have real trouble keeping the opposition out.

lucky
26-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Hibs battled tonight but two defensive lapses cost us. I thought we were the better team in the second half. The back 4 looked ok and will improve. De gaffe and Nish both played better. But how on earth does Rankin get a game never mind the armband.

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2011, 09:28 PM
So he didn't play well?

In what way did he play well Andy? What did he do that makes you say he did well? I saw the same player who can hardly run, hardly pass and does defend, its just a shame its always 4-5 yards behind the guy he's chasing.

JCHibby
26-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Did you see the match? He was our best player by a mile. The back 4 did ok, its the clown behind them, and the traffic cones in front who make sure we dont create anything, and have real trouble keeping the opposition out.

Yip watched it FF top, thought the young right back was our best player, Barr the disaster, he wanted the ball all night, made himself available, great runs down the wing etc...

Opinions eh, put it this way, I would love to play against Dickoh, positioning is shocking and communication looks poor, IMO:cool2:

Judas Iscariot
26-01-2011, 09:32 PM
It was only 2

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-01-2011, 09:33 PM
No real positives apart from that I really expected us to fall apart after the second. With all the line up changes it is like CC is treating these games like pre-season friendlies.

Cropley10
26-01-2011, 09:34 PM
My 10 year old son looked at the singing section/Hibs 12th man and said that's where he'd rather be in future.

To all of you up there in the East - I salute you. Well done :not worth.

IberianHibernian
26-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Positives ? Our 3rd choice goalie ( or should be ! ) played well . Towell apart from 2nd goal looked good and didn`t seem to let mistake get to him . Whole team still seemed to be fighting hard right to the end - we lack quality in all positions but even after a terrible run ( maybe not right word as it`s nearly a year ) of results and performances not even the OF are outclassing us and a couple of good signings and a bit of luck could still change things a lot . Lack of goals is very worrying though . In recent years we seem to have scored quite a few even when playing badly which always relieves pain of defeat a bit .

francobaresi
26-01-2011, 09:36 PM
No positives for me I'm afraid, it was dire... How can hearts getting beat be a positive for us, it does us no favours, we need to concentrate on our game & not worry about these peasants, the league will take care of itself...

Sorry, there was one positive for me, it was the singing section, well done all that participated... Less than 6,000 crowd against St Mirren I fear.... glug glug...:brickwall

BSEJVT
26-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Opinions eh!

I thought the back 4 looked okay 2nd goal excepted.

The scary thing is we looked like creating nothing, did all our attacking at walking pace, over complicate the game by taking too many touches and trying to make sure instead of letting it happen - a sure sign of lack of confidence.

As for Galbraith, plays in fits and starts, an absolute ****bag in the tackle.

A few times we broke through their midfield and yet no-one wanted to take on the full backs or centre half, or run beyond them, or took that long to do it they were overran by their retreating midfield.

No complaints about lack of effort, lack of quality yes.

We have no idea where our next goal will come from.

magnificent_seven
26-01-2011, 09:39 PM
I thought Booth looked decent. Also thought Towell looks like a decent aquisition, a horror mistake but still 246 times better than Michael Hart. Has a good throw on him which could prove handy.

I am sorry but Dickoh flatters to deceive for me. Good in the air but his distrubution is horrendous. As is his positioning at times.

So sad to see how bad Ian Murray is now. Progressively becoming worse and worse. Past it now in my opinion.

As for Rankin, Nish, McBride and Smith, they are surely the first four out the door in the summer.

calamitus
26-01-2011, 09:40 PM
just posted this on the match thread, but seems more suited to this one:

OK, amid the sea of understandable negativity where everything anyone did wrong will no doubt be under the microscope , lets look at some positives:

Smith played much better tonight - more about the goalkeeping situation on his thread.

Galbraith - in the words of DeGraff, 'He'sh a keeper.' - always making positive runs, looking for the ball, skillful. The number of fouls going in on him shows he caused problems for the Stickies

Towell - passback apart, he looked really capable - gets forward, good tackling and control, clever bit of running interference earlier to cancel out a serious goalscoring chance, crossing into the box for a change, although, granted, there's no fker there when they arrived

Dickoh, made a few minor mistakes, but never hid - always at the heart of the defence, taking responsibility- not a guy to build a defence around, but could definitely be part of a really solid defence along side a more experienced CB

Booth - didn't look overawed in the SPL - did nothing spectacular, but acquitted himself well

4-0.

gackohibs
26-01-2011, 09:40 PM
How does.dickoh still get a game? Murder

Cabbage1875
26-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Anyone who thought Dickoh played well tonight needs their head examined.

sunshine1875
26-01-2011, 09:43 PM
It was quite easy getting out of our stand at full-time.
The smell / noise from the South wasn't as bad as usual as there was less of them.
Singing section was very good, where were they when we had a good team
Hamilton did not win tonight

calamitus
26-01-2011, 09:43 PM
anyone who thought dickoh played well tonight needs their head examined.

nurse!

djs69
26-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Positives about tonight......the two full backs, other than the **** up. I thought them and Galbraith got pass marks....

Biggest positive....there was a game on Sky Sports 1 to switch over to.

hibees707070

well said he was an absolute joke. If only he would header a ball rather than trying to be smart. Zemmama another waster does no one remember what he was like before his injury? Played 3 or 4 times a season and the rest hid! Booth, hanlon and towell were the only ones that actually looked half decent.

Leishy1995
Our full backs played well, Nish managed to cause a wee bit of trouble in the air, won headers but nobody made the right runs.

Wotherspoon looked bright when he came on and Galbraith was the shining light. Zemmama struggled. He was trying to make things happen but he needs the talent around him to help him.

Gatecrasher
26-01-2011, 09:46 PM
I'm going to go against the grain here, i was encouraged by the fight in the hibs team tonight, we were scrapping a lot better than in recent weeks and were actually looking like they wanted to win tackles in the midfield.

We're clearly lacking quality up front just now though, if we can get that sorted in the next few days (it should have been sorted long before now but it wasn't so we need to just deal with it) then i think we'll be fine.

I thought the poorest players in the hibs team were Murray and Mcbride and we've got two guys waiting in the wings ready to come in for them.

I genuinely believe we're not far away from turning the corner, one game we'll cut out the stupid mistakes and we'll no doubt get a scrappy goal then hopefully we'll build from there.

I thought i was the only one.

On top of what you said I think Galbraith, Booth, Towell and Hanlon played well
I think with the addition of the other signings and hopefully a striker that can actually score I think we are getting there

Wotherspiniesta
26-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Opinions eh!

I thought the back 4 looked okay 2nd goal excepted.

The scary thing is we looked like creating nothing, did all our attacking at walking pace, over complicate the game by taking too many touches and trying to make sure instead of letting it happen - a sure sign of lack of confidence.

As for Galbraith, plays in fits and starts, an absolute ****bag in the tackle.

A few times we broke through their midfield and yet no-one wanted to take on the full backs or centre half, or run beyond them, or took that long to do it they were overran by their retreating midfield.

No complaints about lack of effort, lack of quality yes.

We have no idea where our next goal will come from.

Harsh. He certainly didn't pull out the challenge with McCulloch and won the ball back on a couple of occasions for us in the 1st half.

calamitus
26-01-2011, 09:48 PM

Seriusly, though,

I know he made some mistakes - his distribution was poor, but he was always there, in about them - no hiding - that's what I liked about his performance, and it's an attitude that's been missing from a lot of the team

Amit
26-01-2011, 09:50 PM
Dickoh.

You are kidding.. this guy is an absolute bombscare...

The quicker we get Stephens in the team instead of this guy the better....

bingo70
26-01-2011, 09:50 PM
I thought i was the only one.

On top of what you said I think Galbraith, Booth, Towell and Hanlon played well
I think with the addition of the other signings and hopefully a striker that can actually score I think we are getting there

Thing is it's easy to come on here after a defeat and only look at the scoreline and come out with the usual pish about how bad we were but if you forget the scoreline for a minute and look purely at the performance there was definate signs of improvement in there.

I've said all season that we were poor and lacking quality, i can handle that as long as there's fight, tonight i thought the lack of quality was still evident, however i thought the players were putting everything into it and i've not been saying that after every defeat this season.

Amit
26-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Seriusly, though,

I know he made some mistakes - his distribution was poor, but he was always there, in about them - no hiding - that's what I liked about his performance, and it's an attitude that's been missing from a lot of the team

He causes the Hibs team more problems than the opposition... he needs to be punted asap...

Some woeful... really woeful stuff from him tonight... its actually embarassing that he is first pick in the centre of defence...

magnificent_seven
26-01-2011, 09:52 PM
I don't buy into this "he doesn't hide" patter. When your a 6'2" centre half, up against a team who are reigning champions and looking to attack the whole game, you don't have the option of hiding.

sunshine1875
It was quite easy getting out of our stand at full-time.
The smell / noise from the South wasn't as bad as usual as there was less of them.
Singing section was very good, where were they when we had a good team
Hamilton did not win tonight

Meant to add:

5. No Miller
6. McBride went off at half-tme - hope that is the last I see of him and Miller

matty_f

I'm glad someone else saw that. I'm just back in and thought we played much better than I've seen us recently and but for silly mistakes again costing us dearly (and the lack of a goalscorer), we could have taken something from that game.

I thought we had a good shape, that the players worked hard and were effective overall, the full backs were good, Galbraith was excellent, Hanlon played well...

I know I'm usually a happy-clapper anyway, but whilst maybe not being enthused by the performance, I was certainly more upbeat coming away from that game than I have been from recent ones, despite the loss.

MrRobot
26-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Positives:

We didnt concede the 2nd half and apart from one bad backpass, really shouldnt have conceded.
Galbraith, Booth and Towell looked good(minus his backpass but the pitch is a mess)

And tbf to him he takes criticism so credit where it's due, Smith couldnt be faulted tonight and had a pretty solid game. Off his line very quickly to get to the ball first over their strikers most the night and handling was good.

Lets get these new signings in straight away.

Whats the deal with Trakys ?

Purehibee_MYB
26-01-2011, 09:54 PM
My Positives are..

1. DeGraaf wasn't as crap as usual

2. Full backs were decent (Bar the one moment of idiocy)

3. Hanlon is looking more confident slowly..

4. The Singing section was great tonight...we never stopped, and out sung Rangers all the way through...So well done to the rest of you!!

truehibernian
The minute you set out 4-5-1, especially with Colin Nish up top on his own, you know you have conceded the game.

Have to say, terrible line up and selection tonight from CC.

Towell, the mistake aside, looked a really positive right back and I have to say I was glad he recovered well and thereafter took the game in his stride.

Booth as well.....looked assured, always looking to pass, never hurried his game, made a couple of mistakes yet didn't let it phase him.

The other positives......McBride, Nish and De Graaf should hopefully never feature again for Hibernian, and Derek yet again was an absolute disgrace attitude wise, both on the bench and when he got on. There is a HUGE difference from being a Hibs supporter Derek, and a HIBS man........you are a supporter........you are not a HIBS man........if you feel the need to laugh and joke when your team is behind and under the cosh........you deserve to be elsewhere my man :agree:

Zero going forward tonight, yet it was purely down to the lack of any midfield presence. One can only hope that Thornhill, Scott and whoever cement their place pronto and get tore into the games we have to win.

Rangers never had to get out of first gear tonight........such a sad sad state of affairs that Hibs have succumbed so easily in two weeks to the OF.......never looked like scoring, and we still don't !

Rankin with the armband.......oh deary deary me........sounds like a new contract for Ranks is on the cards !

matty_f
Thing is it's easy to come on here after a defeat and only look at the scoreline and come out with the usual pish about how bad we were but if you forget the scoreline for a minute and look purely at the performance there was definate signs of improvement in there.

I've said all season that we were poor and lacking quality, i can handle that as long as there's fight, tonight i thought the lack of quality was still evident, however i thought the players were putting everything into it and i've not been saying that after every defeat this season.

:agree:

calamitus
26-01-2011, 09:57 PM
I don't buy into this "he doesn't hide" patter. When your a 6'2" centre half, up against a team who are reigning champions and looking to attack the whole game, you don't have the option of hiding.

Maybe so if they were just shelling balls in on us and he was pinging them out from the D, but he was covering a fair bit of the pitch, getting up and supporting the midfield, and back defending out wide on the goal line. That's what I meant by him not hiding - going and looking for the ball and making himself available

Cabbage1875
26-01-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm glad someone else saw that. I'm just back in and thought we played much better than I've seen us recently and but for silly mistakes again costing us dearly (and the lack of a goalscorer), we could have taken something from that game.

I thought we had a good shape, that the players worked hard and were effective overall, the full backs were good, Galbraith was excellent, Hanlon played well...

I know I'm usually a happy-clapper anyway, but whilst maybe not being enthused by the performance, I was certainly more upbeat coming away from that game than I have been from recent ones, despite the loss.
You were 'upbeat' coming away from that? Come off it. You saw the same 90 minutes of toil as me didnt you? We barely even ruffled their feathers tonight, we did not create one chance of note.

Rangers werent even in first gear tonight and they ran out comfortable winners. The feeling I got (not just myself) at the end of the match was one of utter acceptance of our plight. No emotion whatsoever. Really really sad times I'm afraid to say.

Amit
26-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Seriusly, though,

There were times when he played the ball straight to a Rangers player when under no pressure at all. Another instance.. he ran after the ball no pressure... mucked about with it and was lucky not to concede a corner....

The majority of his headers go straight up and no very far... and hence our defence are continually under pressure...

To be honest though our lack of ability to defend set pieces still haunts us... we win a header from a free kick.. it goes straight up... nobody on Bougherra who has all the time in the world to pick his spot and hammer it across goal...

Apart from the suicidal passback I though Towell played well...

hibees707070
26-01-2011, 09:59 PM

Must have been at a different game? The players showed a BIT of fight in the 1st 10 minutes and then it was back to normal!

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Maybe so if they were just shelling balls in on us and he was pinging them out from the D, but he was covering a fair bit of the pitch, getting up and supporting the midfield, and back defending out wide on the goal line. That's what I meant by him not hiding - going and looking for the ball and making himself available

Our problems are never defensive, just have a look at the tremendous abundance of talent we had on show, parading their skills for us in midfield tonight. Dickoh imo played well tonight, he headed most things that came his way, he helped out young towell too, giving him options and some decent balls to run on to. I'd love to hear about these woefull mistakes he made tonight, as i must have missed them.

Amit
26-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Our problems are never defensive, just have a look at the tremendous abundance of talent we had on show, parading their skills for us in midfield tonight. Dickoh imo played well tonight, he headed most things that came his way, he helped out young towell too, giving him options and some decent balls to run on to. I'd love to hear about these woefull mistakes he made tonight, as i must have missed them.

If you can get full highlights from somewhere keep your eye on him.... he is horrendous...

Bombscare...!

vla_di_vla
26-01-2011, 10:09 PM
5 players booked meaning 5 players closer to suspension

Removed
26-01-2011, 10:10 PM
If you can get full highlights from somewhere keep your eye on him.... he is horrendous...

Bombscare...!

Who?

blackpoolhibs

Bombscare...!

Full 90 minutes on espn, never a bombscare, he played well.:top marks

hibernian36
Only positive for me was that I recorded it on Virgin to let her watch the tv awards and it stopped recording at 78 minutes.

I'm_cabbaged
26-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Who?

Bamba. :agree:

Am I a month late? :confused:

down the slope
26-01-2011, 10:15 PM
I know we were punchless but Think how many saves our keeper had to make ?, not many. I watched the Hearts game on Saturday and Rangers made many more chances against them than they did tonight.I think our fitness levels are better than i have seen for a long time but midfield lose to many fifty fifty balls because of their size. Hopefully with the addition of a couple of battlers in their we can turn things round.

Removed
26-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Bamba. :agree:

Am I a month late? :confused:

:greengrin

Read all the thread now. I need booked in to the hospital as I think Dickoh had an ok game. But De Graff Andy, cmon he is a total waste of a jersey.

PeterboroHibee
26-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Dont think we were too bad tonight, 2 defensive errors and we lost 2 goals. Think Towell looked pretty decent apart from the pass back, and if we can get some height into the team, his long throws into the box might actually offer us a little bit extra threat.

Thought Zemmama looked decent when we actually got him on the ball as well (admittedly not too much but still), was able to carry it and pick out a pass.

While the defence did look better, one thing that does annoy me is the CBs, almost every time they get the ball, without looking, just hoofing it up the pitch. Its clearly something they are being told but with one man up front, we just lose posession straight away and the other team can start attacking again. Also not that convinced by Dickoh, hes meant to be the more experienced of the two CBs and Hanlon constantly makes better decisions and mops up his mistakes. He does well when balls come over the top but dont think he looks comfortable with the ball at his feet/players running at him.

Liberal Hibby
26-01-2011, 10:27 PM

Bombscare...!

You weren't at the game or watched it on tv.

I suggest you brush up on the full highlights - and if so you'll see for the first time Dickoh did the simple things effectively - cleared his lines, got the tackles in and organised the defence pretty well (apart from the two mistakes).

He also came closest to scoring for us (twice).

What's your evidence that says otherwise?

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Because I live so close to the ground I made it home just as that mad 'Joy of teenage sex' programme was starting. There was a guy on it who was scared of his long term partner's vagina. Also, my flatmate wasnt at the game tonight so he had the kettle on for me getting in.

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Because I live so close to the ground I made it home just as that mad 'Joy of teenage sex' programme was starting. There was a guy on it who was scared of his long term partner's vagina. Also, my flatmate wasnt at the game tonight so he had the kettle on for me getting in.

:faf::faf::confused:

greenlex
26-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Two full backs (Booth looked like he had been there for years and remember that was his home debut against Rangers) Hanlon and Galbraith.
We didnt lose by more than two. Hearts got pumped and Naismith knows I think he is a dirty we divng cheating *******.

RIP
26-01-2011, 10:35 PM
My 10 year old son looked at the singing section/Hibs 12th man and said that's where he'd rather be in future.

To all of you up there in the East - I salute you. Well done :not worth.

Ok Crops - move over the next game and make the wee man smile. My laddies love it - wouldnae be anywhere else, Seats available around row FF or GG 164-180

"We forgot that you were there!!!":na na:

calamitus
26-01-2011, 10:39 PM

At last! Back on topic.

Was it just her vagina he was scared of? Or all vaginas?

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-01-2011, 10:52 PM
At last! Back on topic.

Was it just her vagina he was scared of? Or all vaginas?

Just hers...was really quite bizarre. Despite it being 'Joy of teenage sex' they were in their 20's. They went to a body moulding shop to get a mould made of her vagina to help him understand it better. The guy in the shop was making it and turned to the boyfriend and said 'would you like to come over and help' and he was like 'Eeeeeeh nah, not really!'

There was also a feature on 'funny looking nipples' Was a bit close to home after what id jst spent 90 mins watching across the rd.

GreenCastle
26-01-2011, 10:52 PM
The minute you set out 4-5-1, especially with Colin Nish up top on his own, you know you have conceded the game.

Have to say, terrible line up and selection tonight from CC.

Towell, the mistake aside, looked a really positive right back and I have to say I was glad he recovered well and thereafter took the game in his stride.

Booth as well.....looked assured, always looking to pass, never hurried his game, made a couple of mistakes yet didn't let it phase him.

The other positives......McBride, Nish and De Graaf should hopefully never feature again for Hibernian, and Derek yet again was an absolute disgrace attitude wise, both on the bench and when he got on. There is a HUGE difference from being a Hibs supporter Derek, and a HIBS man........you are a supporter........you are not a HIBS man........if you feel the need to laugh and joke when your team is behind and under the cosh........you deserve to be elsewhere my man :agree:

Zero going forward tonight, yet it was purely down to the lack of any midfield presence. One can only hope that Thornhill, Scott and whoever cement their place pronto and get tore into the games we have to win.

Rangers never had to get out of first gear tonight........such a sad sad state of affairs that Hibs have succumbed so easily in two weeks to the OF.......never looked like scoring, and we still don't !

Rankin with the armband.......oh deary deary me........sounds like a new contract for Ranks is on the cards !

Did we not play a 4-2-3-1 attacking - 4 - 5 -1 defending ( well Zemmama didn't track back much) ?

Positives the Hanlon improving - more games he will improve.

Towell - looks like he wants the ball and will get better again with more games.

Booth - for only his 2nd start - I like the look of him as a player.

At The Edge
26-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Booth and Towell were very good as was Hanlon, also pleased to see, and it pains me to say it seeing how rank Smith has been, Smith playing the ball out to one of the full backs rather than a hooooooooooooof up the park.
More of that please, when we have the ball, the other team don't :wink:

If we can cut out the silly mistakes and get someone with a tom tom goal nav, we'll be on the right road.

GreenPJ
27-01-2011, 07:08 AM
Its not nice seeing only 1 up front at home but I think CC was looking for a first half of not conceeding to try and build a bit of confidence. Sadly it never happened.

Positives were we now look as if we could have some structure on the flanks with the two young full backs being decent and Galbraith and Wotherspoon ahead of them. Hanlon was decent again despite Dickoh trying his best to make it a disaster every time the ball came into our half.

For Sunday he needs to get Scott into midfield with Miller to replace Murray and McBride (I like Murray and his endeavour but think his body is really impacting on his performances just now) with two up front and leave Zemmama on the bench.