PDA

View Full Version : Hibbies singing Flower of Scotland

Bostonhibby
26-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Whilst Scotlands shame sing Rule Britannia and God Save the Queen.

Well done Hibbies, quality, pity England doesn't actually want these Erses.

madabouthibs
26-01-2011, 09:39 PM
An excellent night from the singing section, a wee bit of reprieve from an otherwise crap game! :not worth

essexhibee
26-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Heard that.

Fantastic. Hate those orange *****. Were they singing the fenian *******s go home one aswell?

Well played singing section.

FranckSuzy
26-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Well done guys :thumbsup: Could hear you loud and clear. Allan McGregor must have loved being there :cool2: :greengrin

bingo70
26-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Stupid song to sing, it's got nowt to do with hibs.

I was actually all set to come on and praise the 12th man supporters tonight cos they kept on going all night, however the last 20 minutes or so i was embarrassed by them.

ole ole's when we're 2 nil down at home to rangers :confused:

Can we hear the rangers sing :confused: (they've just beat us 2 nil and they're not singing as they don't care because we're pish, thats why they're not singing, says more about how bad we are than them)

we are the people :confused: i'm sure thats a good song to sing when your humping them 3 nil away from home, but to start singing that at them when they're beating us?...sorry can't understand that.

As i said at the start of the post, fair play to the guys for the first 60-70 minutes but after that i thought it turned into a school kids sing-along

lucky
26-01-2011, 10:35 PM
The support was good but the flower of Scotland is as bad as GSTQ. Both have nothing to do with SPL teams

H18sry
26-01-2011, 10:36 PM

I was actually all set to come on and praise the 12th man supporters tonight cos they kept on going all night, however the last 20 minutes or so i was embarrassed by them.

Can we hear the rangers sing :confused: (they've just beat us 2 nil and they're not singing as they don't care because we're pish, thats why they're not singing, says more about how bad we are than them)

we are the people :confused: i'm sure thats a good song to sing when your humping them 3 nil away from home, but to start singing that at them when they're beating us?...sorry can't understand that.

As i said at the start of the post, fair play to the guys for the first 60-70 minutes but after that i thought it turned into a school kids sing-along

:top marks

JE89
26-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Spot on bingo

Top Pans Hibby
26-01-2011, 10:41 PM
Good support, but cringed at Flower of Scotland......

better not to take their bait.

blairwallace
26-01-2011, 10:44 PM
anyone got a video of it from the telly? :thumbsup:

Fantic
26-01-2011, 10:49 PM
anyone got a video of it from the telly? :thumbsup:

No

frazeHFC
26-01-2011, 10:54 PM
To this they sang "ye can stick yer Tartan Army up yer arse". Get rid of them, they clearly have no care for the Country.

The_Horde
26-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Lighten up people. Mon the 12th man.

The Harp
27-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Well done the singing section. Thought you guys did the Club proud again. One of the positives to take from tonight IMO - the others being the performances of young Booth and Towell (pity about the passback for their 2nd goal).
Keep up the encouragement guys. :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
27-01-2011, 12:09 AM
I wasn't keen on the FOS song either - stooping to their level IMO. Also, can we not sing more songs about Hibs rather than baiting McGregor and the likes.

Now the moan's out of the way I'll praise the singing section to the high heavens as they were superb (excepting as noted above) :wink:

The Voice Of Reason
27-01-2011, 12:14 AM
;2711191']Lighten up people. Mon the 12th man.

:top marks Totslly agree.

Lighten up men. The 12th man were brilliant tonight. The Huns hate when we sing "We are The People" and that is good enough for me. :agree:

12th Man members - please keep up the great work.

Removed
27-01-2011, 12:16 AM

:agree:

And the Mercer song...................again :rolleyes: If it wasn't the 12th man folk starting that, who actually does it :confused:

Bad Martini
27-01-2011, 12:26 AM
For anyone who put up with that sheite for 93 minutes, for my money, they can sing pretty much whatever the **** they like.

And singing Flower Of Scotland is nothing to be ashamed of. For ****s sake, the huns sung about being up to their knees in fenian blood as well as usual winduppery of rule britania and God save the queen. And our boys canny sing our own (unofficial) National Anthem?

****ing right. Our problems right now go beyond what the folk who stood for 93 minutes watching THAT sheite had to sing. I applaud every last one of them.

ENDOF

KWJ
27-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Thought they were pretty impressive especially at the beginning of the 2nd half when green and white army seemed to go on for ages which coincided with the players' best spell.

Few cringey moments but well done to them. I joined in here and there :hnet:

Dunbar Hibee
27-01-2011, 12:51 AM
Pathetic having a go at the 12th man... If it wasn't for us Easter Road would be a morgue...

Bad Martini
27-01-2011, 12:52 AM
Pathetic having a go at the 12th man... If it wasn't for us Easter Road would be a morgue...

Lofarl
27-01-2011, 12:55 AM
I swear half the people who moan about signing moan because they never sing at a game and the other half moan because they cant hear the game. Cannie win with some people.

12th man/signing section did the team and the supporters proud tonight.

seanraff07
27-01-2011, 01:38 AM
Those of yous moaning about singing our countrys national anthem cause it's 'cringy', try getting up off your own erses and start off some great chants please, or else don't bother coming on here moaning cause we're trying to create an atmosphere at ER which would be quieter than a library without us.

Well done 12th man tonight, it was bouncin', think that beats the St.J game for best East stand atmosphere this season!

Rory89
27-01-2011, 01:53 AM

My brother made a jokey comment on the way home from the game that people on hibs.net will be moaning at the singing section for singing when we're losing, "god dammit I want to sit here and sulk, why are they ruining it with an atmosphere" he joked.

I didn't think too much about his comment, but **** me he was right. If you don't like what people are singing then sing something else and people might join in with you, don't go home and bitch at the people trying to make the best of a bad situation. The only good thing about our club being in freefall is that moany *******s like you are gradually ****ing off, and the atmosphere is getting better. Get a life.

blairwallace
27-01-2011, 02:21 AM
im genuinely happy that i moved to section 43, as we sing i look around at the west, famous five and part of the east and people are plonked on their *****, how can you enjoy football without getting on your feet and CHEERING on your team? i sang my heart out at flower of scotland, its not sectarian or any of that ballocks its simply because im proud to be scottish and i think it puts scotland to shame when they "scottish" people from glasgow sing the english national anthem, 2-0 down and some people in that section acted like we were 4-0 up, and everyone there enjoyed it! join in a sing song for once and begin to enjoy being at the football? :flag::flag::flag:

al bundy
27-01-2011, 02:59 AM
folk on here questioning the singing, deary me

keep up the good work and one day we will have a team worthy of such a support

spike220
27-01-2011, 03:09 AM
folk on here questioning the singing, deary me

keep up the good work and one day we will have a team worthy of such a support

deeks01
27-01-2011, 03:58 AM
For anyone who put up with that sheite for 93 minutes, for my money, they can sing pretty much whatever the **** they like.

And singing Flower Of Scotland is nothing to be ashamed of. For ****s sake, the huns sung about being up to their knees in fenian blood as well as usual winduppery of rule britania and God save the queen. And our boys canny sing our own (unofficial) National Anthem?

****ing right. Our problems right now go beyond what the folk who stood for 93 minutes watching THAT sheite had to sing. I applaud every last one of them.

ENDOF

you've just hit the nail on the head mate :top marks:

Sandy
27-01-2011, 06:56 AM
FFS This board is really sinking to new depths, people complaining about folk singing Flower Of Scotland, last time I checked it was our (Scots) national anthem. And if it also coincides with winding the Huns up, that is a bonus.

Smiggy 7-0
27-01-2011, 07:14 AM
Singing section were great tonight, pity the team were pash, best for us tonight was Towell (apart from the gift for second goal).

SING WHAT YOU LIKE

:flag::flag:

billbee
27-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Keep it up boys (eh an girls) just wish the other stands shared the same willingness to sing! :notworthy:

Jack
27-01-2011, 09:10 AM
With my most humblest of apologies I have to admit to knowing 1 person in the away stand last night, a home and away hun – I hang my head in shame. :wink:

However.

After the game he normally sends me a text about the football and I was expecting the two goals :blah: :blah:.

“Hibs 12th Man banner looked good and your singers were fantastic. If your team was as good as them we would have been well beaten, you deserve better.”

I didn’t send him my standard F off reply! :greengrin

.Whitey.
27-01-2011, 09:35 AM
OMG some folk just love to moan. The 'moaners' obiviously love there voice being heard (on hibs.net) - why dont they join in with the singing at easter road, either that or suggest some song for us to sing (songs that cant offend anyone in the slightest offcource :wink:)

Well done to the hibs support! :flag: cant wait for dundee on sunday!

bingo70
27-01-2011, 09:36 AM

I swear half the people who moan about signing moan because they never sing at a game and the other half moan because they cant hear the game. Cannie win with some people.

12th man/signing section did the team and the supporters proud tonight.

Those of yous moaning about singing our countrys national anthem cause it's 'cringy', try getting up off your own erses and start off some great chants please, or else don't bother coming on here moaning cause we're trying to create an atmosphere at ER which would be quieter than a library without us.

Well done 12th man tonight, it was bouncin', think that beats the St.J game for best East stand atmosphere this season!

My brother made a jokey comment on the way home from the game that people on hibs.net will be moaning at the singing section for singing when we're losing, "god dammit I want to sit here and sulk, why are they ruining it with an atmosphere" he joked.

I didn't think too much about his comment, but **** me he was right. If you don't like what people are singing then sing something else and people might join in with you, don't go home and bitch at the people trying to make the best of a bad situation. The only good thing about our club being in freefall is that moany *******s like you are gradually ****ing off, and the atmosphere is getting better. Get a life.

FFS what a hoo-ha.

From what i can see nobody is complaining that the 12th man are singing throughout the game, in fact you've recieved a hell of a lot of praise for it, from myself included, especially when were 2 down, in the second half the whole crowd and players seemed to get a lift from it.

What the complaint is about is letting yourselfs down with some stupid songs towards the end of the game, all thats being asked is think about it...all you were really doing here is starting rangers songs for them......"can we hear the rangers sing?".....what did you think was about to start happening as soon as we started that?

"we are the people"...again it is a rangers song so when we're getting beat, again it's more likely to start getting rangers fans singing instead of hibs, and do you really think anyone of them got annoyed by it or do you just think it was a bit daft seeing as it is there song? if we were pumping them i'm sure they'd have been fuming.

"Oh flower of scotland"...listen, i'm as proud a scotsman as the next man and there is nothing embarrassing about this song when it's sung in the right place, the argument though that it's ok to sing it at our games because it's our national anthem is nonsense, whether we like it or not, rangers could use the same logic to justify singing god save the queen, both songs however, have absolutely nothing to do with an SPL game of football.

"lets all do the hibees bounce"...great, getting beat 2 nil and they've got a whole stand a proper bouncy, we get a couple of hundred young guys, if that, trying to show them up by doing likewise, can you not see why that would look foolish?

As for getting off my own erse to start chosing other songs to sing.......nut. I go to the football to watch the hibs, there's more to it than just filling every second with mindless noise regardless of whats going on in the park, the noise in the stand should reflect whats happening on the park, i've been going to the terracing for years so i don't need to be told how to behave.

I appreciate you guys have got a different view on creating an atmosphere and i respect that i really do, however if your wanting this 12th man to grow and considering that nearly all you've had is universal praise maybe if your wanting to include more fans then taking the odd bit of criticism the right way instead of getting all defensive about it you might start to get more of a buy in from other areas of the stand.

biggie1875
27-01-2011, 09:48 AM
your sayin the singing should reflect whats going happening on the park ? So are you saying that we should all just sit down and shut up at the moment because there is noughting happening on the park for us to sing about ? Its called trying to motivate the team if we only sang when we were winning er would be as quiet as a library
FFS what a hoo-ha.

From what i can see nobody is complaining that the 12th man are singing throughout the game, in fact you've recieved a hell of a lot of praise for it, from myself included, especially when were 2 down, in the second half the whole crowd and players seemed to get a lift from it.

What the complaint is about is letting yourselfs down with some stupid songs towards the end of the game, all thats being asked is think about it...all you were really doing here is starting rangers songs for them......"can we hear the rangers sing?".....what did you think was about to start happening as soon as we started that?

"we are the people"...again it is a rangers song so when we're getting beat, again it's more likely to start getting rangers fans singing instead of hibs, and do you really think anyone of them got annoyed by it or do you just think it was a bit daft seeing as it is there song? if we were pumping them i'm sure they'd have been fuming.

"Oh flower of scotland"...listen, i'm as proud a scotsman as the next man and there is nothing embarrassing about this song when it's sung in the right place, the argument though that it's ok to sing it at our games because it's our national anthem is nonsense, whether we like it or not, rangers could use the same logic to justify singing god save the queen, both songs however, have absolutely nothing to do with an SPL game of football.

"lets all do the hibees bounce"...great, getting beat 2 nil and they've got a whole stand a proper bouncy, we get a couple of hundred young guys, if that, trying to show them up by doing likewise, can you not see why that would look foolish?

As for getting off my own erse to start chosing other songs to sing.......nut. I go to the football to watch the hibs, there's more to it than just filling every second with mindless noise regardless of whats going on in the park, the noise in the stand should reflect whats happening on the park, i've been going to the terracing for years so i don't need to be told how to behave.

I appreciate you guys have got a different view on creating an atmosphere and i respect that i really do, however if your wanting this 12th man to grow and considering that nearly all you've had is universal praise maybe if your wanting to include more fans then taking the odd bit of criticism the right way instead of getting all defensive about it you might start to get more of a buy in from other areas of the stand.

bingo70
27-01-2011, 09:55 AM
your sayin the singing should reflect whats going happening on the park ? So are you saying that we should all just sit down and shut up at the moment because there is noughting happening on the park for us to sing about ? Its called trying to motivate the team if we only sang when we were winning er would be as quiet as a library

I didn't say the singing should only happen if we were winning....if we're on the attack looking like scoring, if we've got tackles flying in, if we're playiing particularly well or if the games pretty balanced and could go either way then encouragement from the support can make all the difference.

However, there's a difference between that and doing the hibees bounce when your 2 nil down at home with rangers passing the ball around or doing ole ole's when we're getting beat!

That last 20 minutes last night wasn't about encouraging the team, it was trying (and failing) to compete with the rangers fans and it made you look like a bunch of kids that weren't interested in what was going on in the game.

happiehibbie
27-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Totally agree with Bingo

the problems not with the fans we are the only ones that show we care at the moment we are hurting like hell and face relegation in the face I hate the huns and celtic as there songs have nothing to do with footie Andy Gray got bombed for less.

For me we are rubbish and I dont think that giving our lot encouragement makes any diffirence because I think they dont care.

The singing section please knock yourself out but like Bingo says the other 5K or so can show there support how we like nobody is wrong we all just want the Hibs to win and show the same HEART we do

Calderwood for me just does not cut it I hope he proves me wrong

RIP
27-01-2011, 10:39 AM
FFS what a hoo-ha.

Good post - ruined by the bits in bold

Letting yourselves down? Talking about taking things too seriously. FFS! Since I went to my first game in 1961 my Hibs experience has been about sport, entertainment, banter, having fun wi yer mates. Yer having a laugh no? Or being too serious (Victor Meldrew syndrome?)

We are the people? What!! Hibbies sang it regularly during the 70's. Are you should you have NEVER sung a song to wind the opposition up? Really? :faf:

Young guys!! :greengrin My row of the section has 3 over 50's, half a dozen dudes in their forties, 3 lassies, 3 kids and the rest from teenagers to their thirties. Maybe we are all young compared tae you??:wink: Or as Jack says - we act young!

We'll support you ever more (and in any way we choose!) :thumbsup:

bubblesmorrison
27-01-2011, 11:11 AM
people moan when we dont sing and now they moan when we do make up your minds. 12th man and area around it was super last night ha hail

bingo70
27-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Good post - ruined by the bits in bold

Letting yourselves down? Talking about taking things too seriously. FFS! Since I went to my first game in 1961 my Hibs experience has been about sport, entertainment, banter, having fun wi yer mates. Yer having a laugh no? Or being too serious (Victor Meldrew syndrome?)

We are the people? What!! Hibbies sang it regularly during the 70's. Are you should you have NEVER sung a song to wind the opposition up? Really? :faf:

Young guys!! :greengrin My row of the section has 3 over 50's, half a dozen dudes in their forties, 3 lassies, 3 kids and the rest from teenagers to their thirties. Maybe we are all young compared tae you??:wink: Or as Jack says - we act young!

We'll support you ever more (and in any way we choose!) :thumbsup:

Fair points, to try and answer them though...

I don't really know why i used that phrase letting themselves down, i certainly don't take football too seriously, not like i used to anyway! You get the point though, i thought they were doing a great job and the atmosphere they were creating was becoming infectious and other parts of the ground were getting involved then they ruined it by singing daft songs that weren't appropriate for how the game was going and a lot of folk around me got irritated by them then a lot of the good work from earlier in the game was ruined.

I had no idea hibs sang that song in the 70's, i'd also be willing to bet the majority of fans singing it last night also had no idea of that, of course i've sung songs to wind opposing fans up though, however i'm pretty certain that singing one of there songs when there beating us 2 nil wouldn't have wound them up one little bit....not even in the slightest.

The older people in your row should grow up and act there age, the females should get back to the kitchen and the kids should stop singing such pish songs :greengrin Is there anyone there i've not offended or have i covered all bases? :wink:

Jack
27-01-2011, 01:20 PM
I’m in the Singing Section (still pre-OAP but close!!!). :flag:

I agree partly with what Bingo is saying. The last 20 or so minutes last night included such un-favourites of mine as a couple of Mercer ditties, cant say I can ever recalling singing them. I thought up till then the Singing Section were so well behaved the various threads of the last few days had been taken in.

To me the HibeesBounce is a great wee song/bounce of celebration I wasn’t celebrating much last night.

I think its maybe harsh of Bingo to criticise, at such length though.

The Flower of Scotland is a great song to sing to them. I have a friend who sits in the away end at huns games cause he's one of them. He’s as fiercely patriotic as any Scottish Hibee. He's reported back to me previously how there are those around him who go into an eye poppin, vien throbbin rage when we sing that to them. He, and I, think its funny anyone should get so upset. So for that reason (even as a person of mixed race … half Scottish, half English:faf: ) I’m IN!

Maybe if the rest of the crowd would like to send us requests or a play list or maybe if its your birthday ...

Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear :greengrin

bingo70
27-01-2011, 01:32 PM
I’m in the Singing Section (still pre-OAP but close!!!). :flag:

I agree partly with what Bingo is saying. The last 20 or so minutes last night included such un-favourites of mine as a couple of Mercer ditties, cant say I can ever recalling singing them. I thought up till then the Singing Section were so well behaved the various threads of the last few days had been taken in.

To me the HibeesBounce is a great wee song/bounce of celebration I wasn’t celebrating much last night.

I think its maybe harsh of Bingo to criticise, at such length though.

The Flower of Scotland is a great song to sing to them. I have a friend who sits in the away end at huns games cause he's one of them. He’s as fiercely patriotic as any Scottish Hibee. He's reported back to me previously how there are those around him who go into an eye poppin, vien throbbin rage when we sing that to them. He, and I, think its funny anyone should get so upset. So for that reason (even as a person of mixed race … half Scottish, half English:faf: ) I’m IN!

Maybe if the rest of the crowd would like to send us requests or a play list or maybe if its your birthday ...

Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear :greengrin

Nothing personal, just bored :greengrin

Devine
27-01-2011, 01:35 PM
I didn't say the singing should only happen if we were winning....if we're on the attack looking like scoring, if we've got tackles flying in, if we're playiing particularly well or if the games pretty balanced and could go either way then encouragement from the support can make all the difference.

However, there's a difference between that and doing the hibees bounce when your 2 nil down at home with rangers passing the ball around or doing ole ole's when we're getting beat!

That last 20 minutes last night wasn't about encouraging the team, it was trying (and failing) to compete with the rangers fans and it made you look like a bunch of kids that weren't interested in what was going on in the game.

Agree 100% with all of that :agree:

Jamesie
27-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Sounds to me the whole problem could be resolved if an agreed set list was distributed before each game. Maybe that could be drafted on the forum in the days leading up to a game? :greengrin

Lofarl
27-01-2011, 02:07 PM
How about we get a moaning section in the west upper and a tutting section in the west lower. A frowning section in the FF upper and a shake my head in dissapproval in the ff lower?

7 Up
27-01-2011, 02:17 PM
Can't believe a few people are whining about Flower of Scotland being sung by Hibs fans. Maybe these complainers are the sort of people who would feel more comfortable singing God save the Queen with Rangers fans? :bitchy:

Hainan Hibs
27-01-2011, 02:38 PM
The singing section when we were 2-nil down reminded me of the game when we hammered 7 past Livingston.

Their fans starting jumping about, shouting ole, generally making tits of themselves as their team got dismantled.

Don't get me wrong, I am right behind the singing section bringing the atmosphere back to ER, but c'mon, when the team can't string a pass together, is getting gubbed by the Huns, and the team couldn't give a monkeys, you're just making yourselves look like tits.

Keith_M
27-01-2011, 02:47 PM
I think Bingo70 has given the game away, the number is actually his age.

:wink:

The simple answer to those that don't like the songs the 12th Man are singing* is, then why don't you sing something else, see if you can drown them out. :na na:

* With the exception of any occasions offensive songs are sung.

RIP
27-01-2011, 06:21 PM
The singing section when we were 2-nil down reminded me of the game when we hammered 7 past Livingston.

Their fans starting jumping about, shouting ole, generally making tits of themselves as their team got dismantled.

Don't get me wrong, I am right behind the singing section bringing the atmosphere back to ER, but c'mon, when the team can't string a pass together, is getting gubbed by the Huns, and the team couldn't give a monkeys, you're just making yourselves look like tits.

I think you've probably guessed by now that the only people who actually think that or care about that is you and few other boring farts. If ye cannae ar se aboot at the fitba where can ye man :faf:

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-01-2011, 06:39 PM

Fergus52
27-01-2011, 07:40 PM

i think you'd enjoy life more of you lightened up, just imo

Fergus52
27-01-2011, 07:44 PM
How about we get a moaning section in the west upper and a tutting section in the west lower. A frowning section in the FF upper and a shake my head in dissapproval in the ff lower?

Gala Foxes
27-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Is it just me or do some people think singing at Hibs games is some sort of new phenomenon that has just been discovered ?

Bring back the old sheds at Fir Park, Rugby Park, Broomfield, Brockville and Tannadice - then the young pretenders would hear some proper fitba atmosphere

Bring back the late 70's/early 80's - Proper crowd banter , no football buses at Harthill Services & The Jam on tour at The Playhouse

.Sean.
27-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Not that you'll remember very much.

Sare yin was it wee man :faf:

Bostonhibby
27-01-2011, 08:02 PM

ENDOF

:agree: To be honest I just thought singing a Scottish song at a Scottish game was a decent reaction to a bunch of "Scots" fans of a Scottish team singing about an entirely different allegiance. Never analysed it any deeper than that, mind you I thought the Bosch were singing "we are the people!"!

bingo70
27-01-2011, 10:18 PM

Can't believe a few people are whining about Flower of Scotland being sung by Hibs fans. Maybe these complainers are the sort of people who would feel more comfortable singing God save the Queen with Rangers fans? :bitchy:

I think Bingo70 has given the game away, the number is actually his age.

:wink:

The simple answer to those that don't like the songs the 12th Man are singing* is, then why don't you sing something else, see if you can drown them out. :na na:

* With the exception of any occasions offensive songs are sung.

i think you'd enjoy life more of you lightened up, just imo

:hilarious

this **** is hilarious, those that know me will know i'm the most chilled oot and least politically correct person your ever likely to meet, the idea that i'm some sort of miserable ******* objecting to songs being songs is hilarious.

To try and put a record straight for a second....i'm all for singing at games, you did a great job last night but i just think you should all maybe try and have a think about the chant thats about to come out your mouth before you verbalise it :wink:

:agree: To be honest I just thought singing a Scottish song at a Scottish game was a decent reaction to a bunch of "Scots" fans of a Scottish team singing about an entirely different allegiance. Never analysed it any deeper than that, mind you I thought the Bosch were singing "we are the people!"!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
27-01-2011, 10:44 PM

ENDOF

:agree: Don't understand all the knicker twisting going on.

Hun attempt to wind up their perceived Irish opponents...... perceived Irish opponents respond with the our national anthem.

I enjoyed it Immensely.

bingo70
27-01-2011, 10:53 PM
:agree: Don't understand all the knicker twisting going on.

Hun attempt to wind up their perceived Irish opponents...... perceived Irish opponents respond with the our national anthem.

I enjoyed it Immensely.

Huns attempted to wind us up...it worked because we responded and lowered ourselves to singing a song that also had nothing to do with football.

Everyone that sang that song last night should remember there justification for it when they try and tell rangers or celtic fans why they shouldn't sing non football related songs at games...if they do, theyre hypocrates (sp?)

A better response would have been to sing a hibs song louder than them

Barney McGrew
27-01-2011, 11:01 PM

Whether you like it or not, Hibs fans singing Flower of Scotland is just as relevant as that shower singing God save the Queen.

bingo70
27-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Whether you like it or not, Hibs fans singing Flower of Scotland is just as relevant as that shower singing God save the Queen.

Some people see scotland as our nation, others see britain as our nation, as long as we sing flower of scotland we've got no right to judge them for it.

Either way, no matter what way either side tries to justify it, it's got absolutely **** all to do with scottish football so it shouldn't get sung.

Ed De Gramo
27-01-2011, 11:12 PM

:rolleyes:

Sorry for trying to create an atmosphere at the football.

bingo70
27-01-2011, 11:17 PM

Gramo....what you should do is ignore all the posts on this thread explaining the logic behind the post you've just quoted, that way your point of view makes sense.

Alternitively you could read them and then respond but thats up to you

Barney McGrew
27-01-2011, 11:17 PM

You're missing the point spectacularly. No-one is criticising you for trying to do that, in fact I haven't heard anyone against it.

What people object to is them giving it 'ole,ole' when we have the ball in our own half, with 20 minutes to go, when we're getting pumped two nil at home by a Rangers team who hadn't even broken sweat.

Ed De Gramo
27-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Gramo....what you should do is ignore all the posts on this thread explaining the logic behind the post you've just quoted, that way your point of view makes sense.

Alternitively you could read them and then respond but thats up to you

Ole's were just banter....its just like the 'we're *****e and we know we are' song...

Whats the difference between having a bit of banter at the ground (knowing that we're *****e at this period of time) and coming home and hiding behind a keyboard having a rant calling us crap, dross etc on a football messageboard (not meaning you btw) :confused:

Too many people on here need to take a chill pill at times

Don't worry though, all the people who don't like the singing will be pleased to know that we're guaranteed to have issues with the Dundee Utd stewards on Sunday....last time out was a disgrace and even the Tayside police told us they would love us to stand and sing

woody47
27-01-2011, 11:35 PM
A serious question to all those who moan about the songs that are song.

DO YOU EVER ACTUALLY SING YOURSELF OR DO YOU START A SONG? IF NOT THEN SHUT THE F UP.These moaners really get on my threepennies. We are actually having a bit of banter or have you ferking lot never heard of that.

FFS moan at the team that are playing ****** instead of having a go at some fans who are actually trying to get the atmosphere which if it was up to some of these moaners would be like a ferking morgue.

Well done 12th man. Keep it up and if the moaning brigade dont like, put some cotton wool buds in your ears.

bingo70
27-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Ole's were just banter....its just like the 'we're *****e and we know we are' song...

Whats the difference between having a bit of banter at the ground (knowing that we're *****e at this period of time) and coming home and hiding behind a keyboard having a rant calling us crap, dross etc on a football messageboard (not meaning you btw) :confused:

Too many people on here need to take a chill pill at times

Don't worry though, all the people who don't like the singing will be pleased to know that we're guaranteed to have issues with the Dundee Utd stewards on Sunday....last time out was a disgrace and even the Tayside police told us they would love us to stand and sing

this is doing my tits in now...goin name one person thats said they don't like the singing.

what a precious bunch of kids you lot seem to be....think maybe you should change your name to reflect your all clearly a bunch of greetin faced bunch of bairns that cannae take any form of criticism.

12th men my erse.....allan o'brien at more heart that you ***** :wink:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
27-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Huns attempted to wind us up...it worked because we responded and lowered ourselves to singing a song that also had nothing to do with football.

Everyone that sang that song last night should remember there justification for it when they try and tell rangers or celtic fans why they shouldn't sing non football related songs at games...if they do, theyre hypocrates (sp?)

A better response would have been to sing a hibs song louder than them

Not convinced.

FoS was just a reaction to the Huns. Much in the same way that your signature picture is intended to provoke a reaction to any onlooking Huns...

Best just to try and put it in perpsective. Bit of banter at a football match.

bingo70
27-01-2011, 11:44 PM

DO YOU EVER ACTUALLY SING YOURSELF OR DO YOU START A SONG? IF NOT THEN SHUT THE F UP.These moaners really get on my threepennies. We are actually having a bit of banter or have you ferking lot never heard of that.

FFS moan at the team that are playing ****** instead of having a go at some fans who are actually trying to get the atmosphere which if it was up to some of these moaners would be like a ferking morgue.

Well done 12th man. Keep it up and if the moaning brigade dont like, put some cotton wool buds in your ears.

I'm a moaner and yes i do sing songs and have started hundreds of songs in the east and at various away games throughout the years.

am i alright to have an opinion on the nonsense that was getting sung for the last 20 minutes last night now then?

Barney McGrew
27-01-2011, 11:46 PM

I do join in with songs, and have done for years. I've still got a problem with some of the stuff that the singing section came out with last night.

If the 12th man's aim is 'to improve the matchday experience for the Hibs support' then why do you continue with 'banter' that a good sized section of the Hibs support object to?

woody47
27-01-2011, 11:55 PM
I'm a moaner and yes i do sing songs and have started hundreds of songs in the east and at various away games throughout the years.

am i alright to have an opinion on the nonsense that was getting sung for the last 20 minutes last night now then?

No one says you cant have an opinion. In fact I think you will find that is what a board is all about.

So what are these hundreds of songs you have started? Didn't know we had that many songs.

As for appropriate songs? In yer weegie slum - football related - eh nah!. In yer gorgie slum - football related - eh nah! Feed the weegies - football related - eh nah! Have you ever sung those? These are sung EVERY time we play unwashed. Never hear anyone on this board getting on their high horses about them.

It is all down to having a good time and a bit of banter and if some people feel "embarassed" about that they really need to have a look at themselves.

woody47
27-01-2011, 11:57 PM
I do join in with songs, and have done for years. I've still got a problem with some of the stuff that the singing section came out with last night.

If the 12th man's aim is 'to improve the matchday experience for the Hibs support' then why do you continue with 'banter' that a good sized section of the Hibs support object to?

How many is a good sized section? A few people on a website as, Hibs Net is NOT big enough to represent the whole of the support. (sorry Hibs.net)

Barney McGrew
28-01-2011, 12:01 AM
How many is a good sized section? A few people on a website as, Hibs Net is NOT big enough to represent the whole of the support. (sorry Hibs.net)

Virtually everyone around me was shaking their heads and laughing at you when you started the ole nonsense, same as the '***** and we know we are' at Fir Park on Saturday. You should stick to what you're good at, getting behind the team instead of taking the pish out of them - they've been doing a good enough job of that themselves without you helping out :cool2:

And likewise, 12th man is not big enough to represent the Hibs support either :wink:

bingo70
28-01-2011, 12:03 AM
No one says you cant have an opinion.
So what are these hundreds of songs you have started? Didn't know we had that many songs.

As for appropriate songs? In yer weegie slum - football related - eh nah!. In yer gorgie slum - football related - eh nah! Feed the weegies - football related - eh nah! Have you ever sung those? These are sung EVERY time we play unwashed. Never hear anyone on this board getting on their high horses about them.

It is all down to having a good time and a bit of banter and if some people feel "embarassed" about that they really need to have a look at themselves.

think you said yourself i wasn't allowed to voice my opinion unless i'd sung a song.

i've started the same song more than once which should hopefully answer yer little puzzle about us having hundreds of songs.

singing anti rangers/hearts songs or where there from is entirely appropriate when we're playing them....singing pro scotland songs when playing another scottish team is stupid.

RIP
28-01-2011, 12:13 AM
this is doing my tits in now...goin name one person thats said they don't like the singing.

what a precious bunch of kids you lot seem to be....think maybe you should change your name to reflect your all clearly a bunch of greetin faced bunch of bairns that cannae take any form of criticism.

12th men my erse.....allan o'brien at more heart that you ***** :wink:

Less of the kids and bairns bonnie lad or me Jack, Mick or Woody will come over from Singing Section 43, remove yer prawn sandwich and change yer nappy

I've got socks older than you!!

bingo70
28-01-2011, 12:19 AM
Less of the kids and bairns bonnie lad or me Jack, Mick or Woody will come over from Singing Section 43, remove yer prawn sandwich and change yer nappy

I've got socks older than you!!

:faf:

I know Jack.....don't really give a monkeys who mick and woody are.

i cannae stand prawns and i'm no bonnie though :wink:

meanwhile back in the real world...does the 12th man have any intention of taking any of its criticism on the chin and learning from it for the next game?

hope it does cos your genuinely onto a good thing there....it'd be a shame to let a few kids spoil it :greengrin

RIP
28-01-2011, 12:43 AM
:faf:

I know Jack.....don't really give a monkeys who mick and woody are.

i cannae stand prawns and i'm no bonnie though :wink:

meanwhile back in the real world...does the 12th man have any intention of taking any of its criticism on the chin and learning from it for the next game?

hope it does cos your genuinely onto a good thing there....it'd be a shame to let a few kids spoil it :greengrin

I'm off to bed Bingo - picking up my pension the morn :greengrin.

Thing is we don't need to take your criticism on the chin or anywhere else. You are only 1 man and we are 801 who don't give a ferk

We are waaaaaay too busy having fun, banter and actively supporting the team. :flag::notworthy:

So you're not keen on our country's unofficial anthem being sung to wind up the Huns

We get it :na na:

bingo70
28-01-2011, 12:49 AM
I'm off to bed Bingo - picking up my pension the morn :greengrin.

Thing is we don't need to take your criticism on the chin or anywhere else. You are only 1 man and we are 801 who don't give a ferk

We are waaaaaay too busy having fun, banter and actively supporting the team. :flag::notworthy:

So you're not keen on our country's unofficial anthem being sung to wind up the Huns

We get it :na na:

I've no got time to sleep, too bust writing letters of complaints about trivial matters and burstin the kids fae next door footballs with my pitchfork :agree:

SouthamptonHibs
28-01-2011, 01:10 AM

And the Mercer song...................again :rolleyes: If it wasn't the 12th man folk starting that, who actually does it :confused:

Get a grip sir... that **** is a fat tory *******... going play we yer self...i hononestly think ur bones but that twat tried to end us...why would u support him> your a fake i love the hibs...ps to the admins i'm not being a prick but that guy triend to end hibernian ..

Removed
28-01-2011, 01:16 AM
Get a grip sir... that **** is a fat tory *******... going play we yer self...i hononestly think ur bones but that twat tried to end us...why would u support him> your a fake i love the hibs...ps to the admins i'm not being a prick but that guy triend to end hibernian ..

:rolleyes: Go and get yourself a black coffee. Then do yourself a favour and logoff.

HNA9
28-01-2011, 01:16 AM

Think you need to calm it down a bit.

BroxburnHibee
28-01-2011, 01:25 AM
:rolleyes: Go and get yourself a black coffee. Then do yourself a favour and logoff.

Looks like he's fell asleep :hilarious

Lucius Apuleius
28-01-2011, 05:46 AM

:faf: At least a bit of a giggle to finish the thread. As it happens, I can see where Bingo is coming from. Maybe I am just a grumpy old bugger but my days of jumping about at the game are finished unless we are beating someone we don't like very much, or at least chasing a game. Not a lot of that going on these days. Also see where he is coming from with the hypocrisy angle. Not that it would stop me singing it if it wound them up likes.

seanraff07
28-01-2011, 01:41 PM

Some people see scotland as our nation, others see britain as our nation, as long as we sing flower of scotland we've got no right to judge them for it.

Either way, no matter what way either side tries to justify it, it's got absolutely **** all to do with scottish football so it shouldn't get sung.

Right at the start of the season when they beat us 3-0 at ER i was walking outside and all you could hear was GSTQ getting belted out, it didn't feel right at all when your at an SPL game... don't you think FOS being sung would have a little more relevance to the game since it's the SCOTTISH Premier League.

ForeverHibs93
28-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Right at the start of the season when they beat us 3-0 at ER i was walking outside and all you could hear was GSTQ getting belted out, it didn't feel right at all when your at an SPL game... don't you think FOS being sung would have a little more relevance to the game since it's the SCOTTISH Premier League.
Sean mate, I think your missing the point he was making, we see Scotland are our nation, others see Britain as theirs, them singing GSTQ is just as relevant in their minds as it to sing FoS in ours. Keep up the good work though:greengrin.

Diclonius
28-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Did I hear correctly that the 12th Man were singing "We're not sectarian"?

If so, that's excellent. We should use it every time we play the Old Firm and they belt out their nonsense. And Hearts, for that matter - I know exactly what they sing they're "up to our knees in", and it's certainly not "Hibee blood".

seanraff07
28-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Sean mate, I think your missing the point he was making, we see Scotland are our nation, others see Britain as theirs, them singing GSTQ is just as relevant in their minds as it to sing FoS in ours. Keep up the good work though:greengrin.

But he comes across as if he's saying they are both as inappropriate in his mind, i thought it was only daft Huns and wee Huns that call themselves 'British'? And at the end of the day if they want to stand and sing GSTQ all day they should **** off and support an English team mate. It's called the Scottish Premier league not the British Premier League.:dunno:

Jack
28-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Did I hear correctly that the 12th Man were singing "We're not sectarian"?

If so, that's excellent. We should use it every time we play the Old Firm and they belt out their nonsense. And Hearts, for that matter - I know exactly what they sing they're "up to our knees in", and it's certainly not "Hibee blood".

Yeah, I remember that one :agree:

I wonder what else we can make a stand on? :greengrin

ForeverHibs93
28-01-2011, 03:31 PM
But he comes across as if he's saying they are both as inappropriate in his mind, i thought it was only daft Huns and wee Huns that call themselves 'British'? And at the end of the day if they want to stand and sing GSTQ all day they should **** off and support an English team mate. It's called the Scottish Premier league not the British Premier League.:dunno:
But Britain isn't just England so why should they go and support and English team? What he was saying, or as I interpretated(sp?) it, was that they are both equally irrelavant to the game on the park, although it's the Spl. Very rarely have I heard any team sing FoS.

Keith_M
28-01-2011, 03:33 PM
I'm off to bed Bingo -

If you're using that word as a verb, it's the most shocking, and suprising, news of the day!

:shocked:

Pretty Boy
28-01-2011, 03:43 PM
I think what the guys in the singing section and 12th man need to realise is that to truly change the atmosphere at ER they are going to need the help of punters who aren't currently 'active' within these groups. I should say that the 12th man idea is great and the atmosphere has improved greatly this season (no easy task given the performances on the pitch this year). However to truly create a hostile and intimidating atmosphere for opponents and one that urges Hibs on you need more than a few hundred guys in one area of the ground, thats why criticism rather than being ignored, sneered at or dismissed as coming from grumpy old men should be welcomed and acted upon if appropriate.

If we take the 'Red Ultras' at Aberdeen as an example. I lived in Aberdeen and knew a few guys involved with the groups in it's early days. They eventually left because of the way the group headed. They were based in the Richard Donald Stand and the club backed the initiatvive, ensured they had seats together. Very quickly they went from being well supported to detested by their own fans. They started trying to force people to sing, putting on ever more elaborate displays that just got in folks way and sang songs other fans didn't like (Ibrox disaster, Ian Durrant etc). So many folk complained that the club refused to sell them a block of season tickets together in that stand, they were shunted to a corner at the far end of the ground away from everyone where it was harder to have any effect on the atmosphere. Numbers started to drift away and eventually the group disbanded.

The point i am trying to make is that for a fans initiative to be successful it has to be backed by a lot of fans. At the moment most fans are backing the 12th man/singing section, and rightly so. BUT if songs are getting sung that a sizeable number of people don't like, if every criticism is dismissed as being from the prawn sandwich brigade or from a boring old barsteward then it can swing the other way very quickly. I hope it doesn't and i hope the whole initiative continues to grow but maybe taking wee bits of criticism on board now and again wouldn't be such a bad idea?

seanraff07
28-01-2011, 03:51 PM
But Britain isn't just England so why should they go and support and English team? What he was saying, or as I interpretated(sp?) it, was that they are both equally irrelavant to the game on the park, although it's the Spl. Very rarely have I heard any team sing FoS.

Because GSTQ is best known as the English national anthem. People are having a go cause we sang FOS when it has no relevance to the game... we would never sing it out of the blue at every game like they do with GSTQ, it was purely based on winding them up which it clearly did cause they started singing 'ye can stick yer TA up yer arse'. Christ i didn't ever think singing your own national anthem would annoy anyone outwith the Huns never mind your fellow Hibs supporters.:rolleyes:

Macaroon
28-01-2011, 04:22 PM

Sorry but aren't you completely contradicting yourself there? Your said you were expecting to come on and praise the crowd for carrying on while we're losing and continuing to give all their support, and then you go on and hand pick every song that was sung and explain how each was absolutely outrageously inappropriate to be sung while we are losing???

Surely the whole thing was a sign of tremendous resiliance and tbh how could they have been supporting the team any more on wednesday night? Singing while we're losing, sounds like a glowing stone at the bottom of a very out fire to me. Maybe think about lightening up and supporting hibs in the same way, rather than sitting sulking most of the way through and giving the huns more opportunities to polute our non-wedgie-contaminated air with their slurred drivels.

GGTTH :flag::flag:

Sas_The_Hibby
28-01-2011, 04:37 PM

I take it you're not very big on irony...... :rolleyes:

Sas_The_Hibby
28-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Because GSTQ is best known as the English national anthem. People are having a go cause we sang FOS when it has no relevance to the game... we would never sing it out of the blue at every game like they do with GSTQ, it was purely based on winding them up which it clearly did cause they started singing 'ye can stick yer TA up yer arse'. Christ i didn't ever think singing your own national anthem would annoy anyone outwith the Huns never mind your fellow Hibs supporters.:rolleyes:

As one whose forefathers may well have been part of Edward's army, I can confirm I wasn't offended in the least! :greengrin

Thought FOS was entirely appropriate in the circumstances.

Hibee Daz
28-01-2011, 05:12 PM

As one whose forefathers may well have been part of Edward's army, I can confirm I wasn't offended in the least! :greengrin

Thought FOS was entirely appropriate in the circumstances.

I will throw in my tuppence worth in now, in all the country's all over the world, ours is the only one to have to put up with folk singing songs that show absolutlely zero loyalty to the country of their birth.
We all know the current buns stance on being British 1st and Scottish well....er.....last and IMO people are quite within their rights to sing FOS, when they ***** continually carry on like a ****ing broken record spewing out their sectarian bile!

Well done the 12th man!!! :thumbsup: