PDA

View Full Version : does anyone else harbour resentment towards the training ground and the new stand?

AgentDaleCooper
26-01-2011, 08:34 PM
i know it's completely irrational, but it seems like these, rather than the team, are rod petrie's babies - but they're no use to us if the team is this pish.

a good set up and solid financial situation unfortunately isn't an end in its self.

Haggis Hibby
26-01-2011, 08:39 PM
NO.... thats there for the long term...no we can concentrate on managing debt and improving the playing squad......

Players come and go..... the infrastructure at Hibs is sound for the next 30 years at least...... we can and will get better...

I would say that we are only half way thru the bigger plan....

BoltonHibee
26-01-2011, 08:39 PM
His priorities were completely wrong!!

bob12345
26-01-2011, 08:40 PM
No, not at all. Both are class and now up and running won't be burdens on running costs. Worthwhile investments that will still be going strong when this set of players is long gone.

The poor investments are the majority of the playing squad.

madabouthibs
26-01-2011, 08:43 PM
To be fair, we weren't actually doing too badly when he was prioritising the infrastructure.
Every effort can be put into the team now, but first priority is to stay up!
I'd rather be in our position than sitting 6 or 7th with a **** stadium and local park/college campus training facility.

All we have to do is stay up, and things will improve dramatically I reckon. Have faith. :agree:

one day maybe...
26-01-2011, 08:44 PM
We will improve and we will be stronger in the future for it. We have everything in place to be a successful football team.
The playing staff will improve in time :agree:
It hurts right now, but it only hurts because we care, we will always care and I have no doubt that Hibernain as a football club will give me some wonderful highs before I die. I will take a few heartaches along the way.

CB_NO3
26-01-2011, 08:45 PM
The training ground looks as if it was the biggest waste of 4.5 million pound ever. With no proper indoor facilities we have been training at ER during the winter and the pitch looks very poor quality. If we are going to spend 4.5 million on a training ground what is another 20k or so for a full size indoor pitch.

HibsMax
26-01-2011, 08:49 PM
NO.... thats there for the long term...no we can concentrate on managing debt and improving the playing squad......

Players come and go..... the infrastructure at Hibs is sound for the next 30 years at least...... we can and will get better...

Indeed.

The advantage of investing in the infrastructure is that it doesn't get pilfered by the OF or leave for greener pastures! It lasts! I think the facts are:
1. Hibs cannot afford to build a team AND the infrastructure at the same time.
2. Hibs cannot hold onto the really good talent. This has been shown time and time again.

Now that we have the business side of things taken care of we can afford to start investing in the team and will be able to do so for the considerable future. We might also stand a better chance of holding onto these players without having any other (future) expenses to worry about.

Captain Trips
26-01-2011, 08:50 PM
I stated on here at time the training centre was a bit OTT, yes we required it but it is too much, the stand I think/hope in longrun that will be of value.

marinello59
26-01-2011, 08:51 PM
I stated on here at time the training centre was a bit OTT, yes we required it but it is too much, the stand I think/hope in longrun that will be of value.

So which part of it would you not have built?

weonlywon6-2
26-01-2011, 08:53 PM
i know it's completely irrational, but it seems like these, rather than the team, are rod petrie's babies - but they're no use to us if the team is this pish.

a good set up and solid financial situation unfortunately isn't an end in its self.

none at all, just look whats it`s done for us :rolleyes:

ScottB
26-01-2011, 08:57 PM
It's not as if the money spent on them would otherwise have been ploughed into players, as wasn't much of it mortgages and the like? i.e. not cash that could have been spent on players.

But then of course we could be sat here complaining we'd spent cash on a load of duds and that forcing them to train on muddy fields was ruining our season! :wink:

Ultimately, yes, our team is currently shocking. Doesn't mean that East Mains is no longer a good thing, and in the long term, there is likely to be no cheaper time to have built the stand than when we did.

The Falcon
26-01-2011, 08:57 PM

I would agree with this. Not nice just now but I think this is the right way.

IWasThere2016
26-01-2011, 09:00 PM

:agree:

H!BEE
26-01-2011, 09:03 PM
i am happy we got the training ground and new east stand.

if the 3million reportedly spent on the playing stff is true its more a fault of our managers signing crap players than anything else.

sahib
26-01-2011, 09:04 PM
It is not the stands fault. I blame that jambo shirt buried underneath it.

IWasThere2016
26-01-2011, 09:04 PM
.. solid financial situation unfortunately isn't an end in its self.

Operating losses of £2m, no cash and no playing assets to sell - so we're in a mess! Not as bad as some but we are in a mess.

HibsMax
26-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Surely the very fact that the Hibs support is split on this shows that the decision of where to invest the money is a highly contentious topic? Some people think we did the right thing, others disagree. Neither side is likely to jump ranks - I know I won't.

We HAD to invest in the infrastructure at some point in time and if not then, when? And when we did get around to it we would again be in the same position i.e., not being able to invest in players in at the same time. Should that have happened at some point in the future then the board would still take pelters for ignoring the playing staff....if performances were poor. The fact of the matter is, if Hibs were playing decent football nobody would have been questioning this business decision. We're hurt and looking for excuses, someone to blame. It's human nature.

Bostonhibby
26-01-2011, 09:07 PM

No. its hurting now but I think they are probably in our longer term interests, mind you this is Hibs we are talking about so we will probably crack on and go for another training centre and double tier, or 8 stands to store all our spare seats in. :wink:

7Hero
26-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Somebody on this thread has quoted 4.5 million for the training facility, there is absolutely no way that cost 4.5 million...

EasterRoad4Ever
26-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Nope

random sub
26-01-2011, 09:09 PM
The training ground was necessary (rather than rotating around public parks which is embarassing) but I think we jumped in too quickly on the stand. Rod saw the price of steel drop and couldn't resist a bargain.

Priorities wrong for me......plus I miss the old east.

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2011, 09:09 PM
The stand and training centre were vital for the long term future of the club, with the right manager in place he will get more out the players in that training centre , and in doing so fill that stadium. Getting the right man is just as important as the infrastructure, thats where we have failed again

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Yes to both, the training complex seems to have been a complete waste of time as our fitness has been terrible since the day we moved in, pampering football players (if thats what you can call us) isn't a very good idea in my book, then again I'm old school training and it wouldn't be a bad idea to get their lazy ***** up Arthurs Seat a couple of times a week.

The new east looks superb but was a bad move by the board, STF is looking at the bigger picture i.e. semi finals, Scotland under 21's etc but it was more than obvious team investment was needed long before they took the option to build it.

Result?, the worst Hibs team in living memory for me, so go figure

Woody1985
26-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Operating losses of £2m, no cash and no playing assets to sell - so we're in a mess! Not as bad as some but we are in a mess.

So do you think we're spending too much on wages then since that's the biggest expenditure?

woodyloon
26-01-2011, 09:13 PM

No

Just because we are no better than a Junior Club just now, hopefully sometime in the future we will regain our status.

Captain Trips
26-01-2011, 09:16 PM
So which part of it would you not have built?

A facilty half the size would have done the job IMO.

cabbageandribs1875
26-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Somebody on this thread has quoted 4.5 million for the training facility, there is absolutely no way that cost 4.5 million...

http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_open_their_new_5m_training_complex_at_east_ma ins_368292/index.shtml

The new state of the art building cost a final sum of over £4.9m and the players will use it immediately.

Woody1985
26-01-2011, 09:19 PM
if and when we improve the stadium and training centre will help us hold onto the players that we do get in future that might consider leaving.

IWasThere2016
26-01-2011, 09:26 PM
So do you think we're spending too much on wages then since that's the biggest expenditure?

Our income has fallen dramatically .. on account of poor players, poor football, poor results, poor cup runs .. so presently our wages:income ratio looks too high. Of course there is the dis-proportionate Boardroom wages spend also.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Going to Easter Road just now is like walking up to a flash car showroom and find it full of bangers. I understand that the training facilities will bring through players to ehance our team but not a first team pool and within a few months of it opening.

Saorsa
27-01-2011, 12:00 AM

:agree::agree:

Captain Trips
27-01-2011, 12:09 AM
if and when we improve the stadium and training centre will help us hold onto the players that we do get in future that might consider leaving.

Wages will be what keeps players.

Bad Martini
27-01-2011, 12:10 AM

Correct. It might not be popular but its ****ing true. We spent 4 million+ on a training centre..........and had someone from the board pitch up and remind us we spend THREE (3 i.e. 1 less than 4) million on the team............

Meantime the TEAM is getting ****ed every week, the TEAM is down on morale (which the TC doesnt fix), the TEAM is playing badly and the TEAM is gonna lead us to division 1 unless something changes very quickly.

Did the tornadoes need a 4.5 million notes ground to train on? The Famous Five? Even, the 6-2 team? Nope. Did our "golden generation" come thru East Mains? Nope. All come thru dug sheite infested public parks...........and made it. And made us some cash en-route. So was it REALLY that much of a "priority"????????????????????????

I DONT disagree we should have done it. We should however, have waited til we had a winning/decent/"non relegation fodder" team on the pitch tho eh.

Cheers el Rodo in who we trust. I beg to differ and dinny care how unpopular it is. Its bollocks.

£4.5m in bricks and mortar. £4.5m on players in the team. Whats gonna keep us up?????????????????????????????????

Aye. :rolleyes:

ENDOF

Bad Martini
27-01-2011, 12:13 AM
Going to Easter Road just now is like walking up to a flash car showroom and find it full of bangers. I understand that the training facilities will bring through players to ehance our team but not a first team pool and within a few months of it opening.

:agree:

Before we had East Mains we produced/developed Thomson, Brown, Fletcher, O'Connor and Riordan to name a few. We had no million quid+ place to do it either. And we made how much on that lot??????????

Exactly.

So, we need it NOW why? Yes, its a nice to hae ....... but NOT, needed right at this moment more than say, a decent centre half, a decent midfielder, a decent keeper...a decent manager.

KWJ
27-01-2011, 01:03 AM
Not understanding this at all. The Training Centre was finished in what 2008? We had a good team then, we've had a good team since then. How is it the boards fault for building a TC 3 years ago that the players signed by Collins, Mixu & Yogi have turned out to be *****?

The Green Goblin
27-01-2011, 01:49 AM
I`m glad the stadium was completed, but exactly what the training centre has done for us I have yet to figure out.

GG

Heckys Wheel
27-01-2011, 04:42 AM
Where does the fact that we still spend the biggest wages outside the top 3 sit in the argument against long term growth?

Conveniently forgotten when we try to say that all our money has gone on an extravagant luxury.

We're not pish because we don't spend enough on players.

We're pish because players like Liam Miller, McBride, Riordan and Hart seem to have turned into bad players over night. Something at the club is rotten to the core but it's not the finances priority list.

IWasThere2016
27-01-2011, 05:02 AM
Not understanding this at all. The Training Centre was finished in what 2008? We had a good team then, we've had a good team since then. How is it the boards fault for building a TC 3 years ago that the players signed by Collins, Mixu & Yogi have turned out to be *****?

Because we now have no cash to fix the team .. The wages will be cut as the income has fallen. Ever decreasing circles .. unless CC signs some diamonds or there's new investment. Do you see either happening?

steakbake
27-01-2011, 05:27 AM
I dont resent them but i dont think we can crow about them. The training centre doesnt seem to have improved anything. The stand is nice, but i think we'll not have a full house at ER for a very very long time because the product on the pitch is woeful. The club is in deep trouble and east mains doesnt appear to have prevented us from getting there.

scoopyboy
27-01-2011, 05:43 AM
The training ground looks as if it was the biggest waste of 4.5 million pound ever. With no proper indoor facilities we have been training at ER during the winter and the pitch looks very poor quality. If we are going to spend 4.5 million on a training ground what is another 20k or so for a full size indoor pitch.

£20,000 on a full size indoor pitch, your figure is way off.

For a start by definition an indoor pitch has to be indoors so first step would be to erect a building with no internal pillars that would be big enough to house a full size pitch.

Then you would have to purchase a playing surface which in itself would cost a lot more than £20,000.

£20,000 would maybe get a conservatory or a decent second hand Audi but a building + pitch not on your nelly.

Beefster
27-01-2011, 06:24 AM
I'm past caring about the training centre or new stand but I wish Hibs would spend some money on a couple of new ovens for the East Stand so that I can find a pie that's hotter than mildly defrosted before a game.

CB_NO3
27-01-2011, 06:34 AM
£20,000 on a full size indoor pitch, your figure is way off.

For a start by definition an indoor pitch has to be indoors so first step would be to erect a building with no internal pillars that would be big enough to house a full size pitch.

Then you would have to purchase a playing surface which in itself would cost a lot more than £20,000.

£20,000 would maybe get a conservatory or a decent second hand Audi but a building + pitch not on your nelly.
Spend 100k on an indoor pitch then. The figure is irrelavant but the point remains the same. If your going to spend x amount of millions then at least do it properly. Surely it doesn't have to be a full indoor pitch then, can they not use one of the grass pitches and just cover it up with a big tin style cover e.g. world of soccer. I know underground heating is out the equation as running costs are too high. It just sounds crazy when you spend all that cash and you cant use your own facilities due to frozen pitches.

Heedersnvolleys
27-01-2011, 06:55 AM
I think both were needed but what I find worrying us that after spending that money for east mains Duffy recently said in an article that he is not as fit as he would like due to recent bad weather! Now that is what I thought east mains was for so they could train in all weather inside or out?!?!?!:confused::confused:

scoopyboy
27-01-2011, 08:08 AM
Spend 100k on an indoor pitch then. The figure is irrelavant but the point remains the same. If your going to spend x amount of millions then at least do it properly. Surely it doesn't have to be a full indoor pitch then, can they not use one of the grass pitches and just cover it up with a big tin style cover e.g. world of soccer. I know underground heating is out the equation as running costs are too high. It just sounds crazy when you spend all that cash and you cant use your own facilities due to frozen pitches.

Are you real, since when is the figure irrelevant?

The pitch in itself would cost £100,000+, the building close on £500,000.

But heh if the cost is irrelevant lets just do it.

Following on lets just spend millions on players if money means nothing.

CB_NO3
27-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Are you real, since when is the figure irrelevant?

The pitch in itself would cost £100,000+, the building close on £500,000.

But heh if the cost is irrelevant lets just do it.

Following on lets just spend millions on players if money means nothing.
Look at the bigger picture mate. We have spent about 7.5 million over the last 3 year building a training centre and doing up the stadium. Now we couldn't use the training ground due to frozen pitches in the winter. We spent in the region of 300k relaying a fancy new pitch at ER and its nearly ruined already because we have been training on it. So in my theory we are back to square one and 7.5 million out of pocket. Now my point is if your going to spend 7.5 million in total why not spend 8 million and get it done properly. Ok I see my figures were out with the 20k but am no sure what buildings costs are. But my point remains the same, if your going to spend alot of money then spend a little more and get it right.

down the slope
27-01-2011, 08:52 AM
What you have to keep in mind is that as the value of the ground / training centre has increased in value from say 8 million to twenty million so has Rods financial stake in the club increased as well. Not bad for an initial outlay from him and he gets us to finance the increased value of his holding through STs etc. We are the mugs who have been taken for a ride for years but now when the chips are down we see that the board have not got a clue, we can find 3 million for a stand but we need that sort of investment now to save us from relegation and the financial melt down that will cause and to rub salt in the wounds he has been taking £100k plus for years for the pleasure !. Time for him to go but who has the cash to buy him out as we have made him a wealthy man.

scoopyboy
27-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Look at the bigger picture mate. We have spent about 7.5 million over the last 3 year building a training centre and doing up the stadium. Now we couldn't use the training ground due to frozen pitches in the winter. We spent in the region of 300k relaying a fancy new pitch at ER and its nearly ruined already because we have been training on it. So in my theory we are back to square one and 7.5 million out of pocket. Now my point is if your going to spend 7.5 million in total why not spend 8 million and get it done properly. Ok I see my figures were out with the 20k but am no sure what buildings costs are. But my point remains the same, if your going to spend alot of money then spend a little more and get it right.

I do take your point but my issue was the figure of £20,000 which we are now agreed on is way off the mark.

I was in favour of getting a new training centre and new East Stand, my theory being once they were done all transfer fees received, revenue from cup runs etc would be ploughed back into giving us a stronger team on the park.

I never thought we would end up in this mess.

A couple of points before I give you peace,

1. In our present state I reckon the full size indoor pitch will have to wait although I would like to see it happen one day.

2. Indoor pitches and too much training on all weather pitches can lead to injuries, especially in younger players. Last season a couple of our better laddies had bother with pelvic injuries and this was put down to too much training in The Barn during the bad weather. Thankfully players have recovered.

greenlex
27-01-2011, 09:17 AM
What you have to keep in mind is that as the value of the ground / training centre has increased in value from say 8 million to twenty million so has Rods financial stake in the club increased as well. Not bad for an initial outlay from him and he gets us to finance the increased value of his holding through STs etc. We are the mugs who have been taken for a ride for years but now when the chips are down we see that the board have not got a clue, we can find 3 million for a stand but we need that sort of investment now to save us from relegation and the financial melt down that will cause and to rub salt in the wounds he has been taking £100k plus for years for the pleasure !. Time for him to go but who has the cash to buy him out as we have made him a wealthy man.

I don't thinknI have seen so much pish written in one post for a long time.

scoopyboy
27-01-2011, 10:20 AM
I don't thinknI have seen so much pish written in one post for a long time.

That statement takes a helluva lot of pressure off me and other posters Greenlex.

LOL

Brizo
27-01-2011, 10:29 AM
When it opened JC said that East Mains was better than some EPL training centres. What we have is EPL standard facilities and a squad with English League 1 or lower quality and wages. There is a huge inbalance between the infrastucture and the rest of the club. In that regard a more scaled down less costly centre could have been built which would have met the needs of the player and management marketplace we operate in.

A training centres only as good as the players who use it , no amount of top level facilities are going to turn one of our many journeymen into a substantially better player. And as for the old chestnut that it will attract players , the only thing that attracts players is money. If we offer £2000 a week plus East Mains and another club offer £2500 a week plus training on a public park, does anyone honestly think that any player would opt for the less wages / better facilities deal.

As for the new stand planning permission and steel prices governed that decision. That in itself is no bad thing but I believed that having built it our owners priority would be to fill it , either by creative ST and walk up pricing or by a statement of intent signing. Niether happened and a huge opportunity was missed leaving us with a half empty stadium for even the biggest games.

Imo STFs ambition has always been to leave an infrastructure legacy not a footballing legacy. Now the infrastructures complete I would be very surprised if any money is channelled into the playing side of things , which I know is what a lot of people are hoping for.

truehibernian
27-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Being realistic (hopefully) it is only because of the poor football product that we are even discussing/questioning the infrastructure investment.

For me it was completely necessary in order to bring Hibernian Football Club into the modern football era. The stadium is second to none and I am sure we are all agreed that for 2011, we have a comfortable, safe, compact, state of the art arena to watch football in ?

The players also have far better working conditions, better training environment, and a more professional approach to training, at all age groups. If you were a parent and Hibernian wanted to sign up your son/daughter, would you not be more reassured seeing them train and develop in safe, secure and again, state of the art surroundings, rather than Peffermill, Granton or Edinburgh Academy ?

The club knew that by building these arena's, there would also come the additional cost of running them. It's the price we pay. But as a club we are in a terrific position regards future recruitment and youth development.

The immediate football picture is bleak, we can all see that. But longer term, and more importantly as a professional football club, we are in a vitally strong position when it comes to our competitors. The pinch is yet to bite on many clubs around us (Utd, Killie, Well, etc).

Calderwood will get it right on the park. The club have, whether folk like it or not, got it 100% right off the park.

StevieC
27-01-2011, 11:18 AM

But when you have 2 teams wanting a player and matching wages the facilities could well get taken into account.

Woody1985
27-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Our income has fallen dramatically .. on account of poor players, poor football, poor results, poor cup runs .. so presently our wages:income ratio looks too high. Of course there is the dis-proportionate Boardroom wages spend also.

As our income has fallen do you think that we should cut back on wages to plug the gap?

Is the boardroom expenditure with similar clubs not been shown to be a myth due to their set up and our transparency i.e. having all of the big roles as being on the board?

I agree in the main but if we're on the up then there's every chance that our set up could determine whether a player leaves or stays.

We need vast improvement on where we are though for that to be a factor though.

Captain Trips
27-01-2011, 11:54 AM
A nice thought but I dont think our training facilities are on an agents agenda. It should be a factor but I dont think it is.

Captain Trips
27-01-2011, 11:56 AM
But when you have 2 teams wanting a player and matching wages the facilities could well get taken into account.

I think before facilities come into account a lot of other factors would still be in play ie who the managr is etc etc

Pretty Boy
27-01-2011, 12:07 PM
I think we need to take a deep breath, have a wee think and then come to a few rational conclusions.

Putting in place a solid infastructure that will last for the forseeable future is IMO absolutely key to developing a sustainable, successful and forward thinking football club and team. A training centre is a must in this plan. Having players trailing about looking for a public park to train on is unprofessional and downright embarassing. If and when that facility is used to it's full potential it could be a fantasctic base. Have the players eat breakfast together, train then eat lunch together so the club for a large part of the day can control what the players are putting into their bodies as fuel. Having the facility set up to accomodate how the current manager wishes to do things is key to getting over the point and principles of how he wishes things to be run.

The stand can and will be a great source of future revenue. If and when we get a decent team on the park again there is scope to increase crowds by a huge percentage. We have already witnessed Scotland under 21s use ER for a qualifying game, we have the best non OF stadium in the country, in the capital city. It will be used again for full, 'B' and under 21 inernational as well as semi finals. This is all money in the coffers.

Most importantly with a completed stadium and a training centre in place all the capital build projects are complete. Any income now goes towards managing the current debt and building a competitive playing squad. A couple of years of pain maye be worth it to acheive long term goals. I think we have to be realistic and say the minute we finished these projects we weren't suddenly going to be bidding for Messi and Ronaldo. However in a longer time frame we will be far better positioned than the likes of Dundee Utd, Aberdeen et al who will still have to find money for training centres, stadium improvements and so on. If you were a player and had the chance to play your football at ER and train in a top class facility or had the chance to play at Tannadice, Pittodrie, New Douglas Park and train on a public park ten which would you choose?

Devine
27-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Not got a massive problem with the training facility. I know players came through without it but hopefully in the long run it can help attract and nurture talent that we may not have otherwise got.

My issue however is with this Big white elephant of a stand. I'm sorry unless we are winning the league, playing in the later stages of Europe or the odd derby we will NEVER fill that stand. Thats not speculation its absolute FACT. If Easter Road was packed at the seams every week with queues of people struggling to get tickets for games and a season ticket waiting list longer than Leith Walk then fine I can see the logic. BUT it wasnt there was absolutely NO NEED for it, theres no adjoining commercial spin offs to lessen the blow either.

The atmosphere the east stand used to create and the effect it had on the players and match experience was massively underrated. Now we have something thats nice to look at but serves no purpose collosal waste of money and a massive error by the board!

Devine
27-01-2011, 12:10 PM
I think we need to take a deep breath, have a wee think and then come to a few rational conclusions.

Putting in place a solid infastructure that will last for the forseeable future is IMO absolutely key to developing a sustainable, successful and forward thinking football club and team. A training centre is a must in this plan. Having players trailing about looking for a public park to train on is unprofessional and downright embarassing. If and when that facility is used to it's full potential it could be a fantasctic base. Have the players eat breakfast together, train then eat lunch together so the club for a large part of the day can control what the players are putting into their bodies as fuel. Having the facility set up to accomodate how the current manager wishes to do things is key to getting over the point and principles of how he wishes things to be run.

The stand can and will be a great source of future revenue. If and when we get a decent team on the park again there is scope to increase crowds by a huge percentage. We have already witnessed Scotland under 21s use ER for a qualifying game, we have the best non OF stadium in the country, in the capital city. It will be used again for full, 'B' and under 21 inernational as well as semi finals. This is all money in the coffers.

Most importantly with a completed stadium and a training centre in place all the capital build projects are complete. Any income now goes towards managing the current debt and building a competitive playing squad. A couple of years of pain maye be worth it to acheive long term goals. I think we have to be realistic and say the minute we finished these projects we weren't suddenly going to be bidding for Messi and Ronaldo. However in a longer time frame we will be far better positioned than the likes of Dundee Utd, Aberdeen et al who will still have to find money for training centres, stadium improvements and so on. If you were a player and had the chance to play your football at ER and train in a top class facility or had the chance to play at Tannadice, Pittodrie, New Douglas Park and train on a public park ten which would you choose?

99% of footballers being honest would say 'whoever pays the biggest wages'

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Is anyone else fed up with the moaning about the new stand and training centre? We dont have a time machine, where we can go back in time. The bloody things are built, and we have to get on with it. Move on FFS, what good is moaning about them going to do?

AgentDaleCooper
27-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Correct. It might not be popular but its ****ing true. We spent 4 million+ on a training centre..........and had someone from the board pitch up and remind us we spend THREE (3 i.e. 1 less than 4) million on the team............

Meantime the TEAM is getting ****ed every week, the TEAM is down on morale (which the TC doesnt fix), the TEAM is playing badly and the TEAM is gonna lead us to division 1 unless something changes very quickly.

Did the tornadoes need a 4.5 million notes ground to train on? The Famous Five? Even, the 6-2 team? Nope. Did our "golden generation" come thru East Mains? Nope. All come thru dug sheite infested public parks...........and made it. And made us some cash en-route. So was it REALLY that much of a "priority"????????????????????????

I DONT disagree we should have done it. We should however, have waited til we had a winning/decent/"non relegation fodder" team on the pitch tho eh.

Cheers el Rodo in who we trust. I beg to differ and dinny care how unpopular it is. Its bollocks.

£4.5m in bricks and mortar. £4.5m on players in the team. Whats gonna keep us up?????????????????????????????????

Aye. :rolleyes:

ENDOF
i'd go as far as to say that the training centre could be part of the problem (just a theory) - could the lavish facilities be contributing to the complacency of the team, making them feel like they needn't try? (not that i think this is a concious thing on their part)

i'm not suggesting that we should knock it down - i just think there is a massive void somewhere at hibs, stemming from the belief that good business = good football team

The Falcon
27-01-2011, 01:02 PM

Who would buy it for £20m?

Captain Trips
27-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Is anyone else fed up with the moaning about the new stand and training centre? We dont have a time machine, where we can go back in time. The bloody things are built, and we have to get on with it. Move on FFS, what good is moaning about them going to do?

Well we cant go back in time and unsign players but we complain about them when we cant really do anything about that. All the same to me

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Well we cant go back in time and unsign players but we complain about them when we cant really do anything about that. All the same to me

Not really, the players are temporary, the training centre and stands are permanent. They are here for good, we cant put them in a different location, drop them, sell them or ignore them. Part of the problem or part of the solution, who knows, but they are built. Again whats the point in moaning about them, what can we change about them?:confused:

Captain Trips
27-01-2011, 01:49 PM
You csn still moan if you feel it was mistake or not just because you cant do anything about it doesnt mean you cant say.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2011, 01:51 PM
You csn still moan if you feel it was mistake or not just because you cant do anything about it doesnt mean you cant say.

Of course you can, i just don't see what it achieves?