PDA

View Full Version : how long before we realise calderwoods not the man

MoantheCabbage
26-01-2011, 09:33 PM
long ball tactics with a tinyteam and now the worst run of games for over 80 years

euro Hibby
26-01-2011, 09:35 PM
ask aregulator............

BoltonHibee
26-01-2011, 09:43 PM
His team selection and tactics are baffling to say the least. He's not got a lot to work with to be fair, but his tactics are poor.

mcfly
26-01-2011, 09:44 PM
long ball tactics with a tinyteam and now the worst run of games for over 80 years

doesnae matter what we think - petrie employed him so if he empties him now then he has to go himself and we all know that wont happen.

I really fear we will be relegated, we have no fight, no spirit, no goal threat.

will we get another rallying call from the chairman??

Or will he splash the cash??

you have 5 days Rod - get it sorted NOW!!!!!!!!!

pacorosssco
26-01-2011, 09:45 PM

realised. he should have next three to save his job . no points or if we go bottom.

Root toot OUT

GlesgaeHibby
26-01-2011, 09:46 PM
2 wins in 17 just isn't good enough. I've seen no improvement, or signs of things heading in the right direction since he took charge. The fact that he changes his team week in week out with no success tells me he has no idea who his best players are. We looked OK at times tonight, thought Galbraith was willing and showed a lot of commitment, and Towell(mistake aside) looks like a decent attacking full back but we just do not look like scoring a goal any time soon and that is really worrying. Only 5 goals in the starting 11 this season, that is an unbelievable stat. Nearly 500 minutes without scoring, worst goal drought for 85 years. Things really are a total mess just now.

Sir David Gray
26-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Absolutely astonishing that he doesn't play our best goalkeeper and striker.

I'm not saying that these two players would have made us any better over the past couple of matches but Mark Brown and Derek Riordan should be playing whenever they are fit and available.

James70
26-01-2011, 09:48 PM
He still doesn't know what his best team is, FFS he's had long enough.

Surely it's better to keep team changes to a minimum given the situation we're in.

No doubt he'll be changing the keeper again soon as he's not had a chance to look at Stack.

The man simply doesn't have a clue, I wonder if he enjoyed the game tonight.

weonlywon6-2
26-01-2011, 09:51 PM

beginning to have doubts myself but hope i`m proved wrong .

this is just rubbish

Velma Dinkley
26-01-2011, 09:52 PM
I think we should have a different manager every week and if any of them fail to beat the Old Firm they should be sacked twice.

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Tonight, as soon as i saw coco in goals, i said to my mate he's lost it. And Nish up front, i mean why, just why?

Danderhall Hibs
26-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Tonight, as soon as i saw coco in goals, i said to my mate he's lost it. And Nish up front, i mean why, just why?

He definitely needs to replace the duds. :agree:

I'll judge him after the clowns that have been losing games since February last year have been shipped out.

ScottB
26-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Even if there is stuff going on on the training pitch that we don't see that leads CC to think that some of our most underperforming players are worthy of a start, there has to come a point where he admits defeat and moves on. Some of the player choices are a bit mystifying.

Really no idea where we go from here, but we have 3 massive games coming up, including an utterly crucial match against St Mirren. Our goaless and winless run simply cannot extend through these games!!

nortonhibby
26-01-2011, 10:12 PM
doesnae matter what we think - petrie employed him so if he empties him now then he has to go himself and we all know that wont happen.

I really fear we will be relegated, we have no fight, no spirit, no goal threat.

will we get another rallying call from the chairman??

Or will he splash the cash??

you have 5 days Rod - get it sorted NOW!!!!!!!!!

Splash the cash:confused: RP Would make scrooge look like santa.

JCHibby
26-01-2011, 10:18 PM

I'll judge him after the clowns that have been losing games since February last year have been shipped out.

Said tonight I could see what he was trying in terms of squeezing the game when we had the ball and then drop of and make it difficult to break through.

Problem is the players had no idea what the hell they were doing And some of the stuff is really going back to under 12/13 football...

Mr Calderwood doesn't know if it's New York or New Year!!

Fans tonight were different class, singing pretty much all game, well done!

Davy Mac
26-01-2011, 10:19 PM
I have to say I've been hugely unimpressed with CC.

Really thought CC would bring something to the party but he's not cutting it at all nor does he look like turning this around.

I'm sorry, there should have been some improvement, if he thinks the team are duff then why not tighten up at the back and play for snore draws? at least get some points on the board.....

Never felt so low about the future for the Hibs as I do just know.

Bobo
26-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Playing a diddy goalkeeper behind a defence that constantly gifts goals was crazy and only helped to instill added uncertainty in an already demoralised back four.

Our mid-field continues to be powder puff and inept, to say the least, and the continued inclusion of the over-indulgant Zemmama did nothing to help it's lack of work rate.

Then there was our forward line ..... eh what forward line, playing one man up front in any game, home or away, is a disgrace and for that one man to be Colin Nish is IMO a sackable offence!

Calderwoods' team selections and tactics are, if anything, worse than the previous two donkeys who warmed his seat and there has been sweet FA made in the way of progress under his management, he surely hasn't got much longer left sending out the same p!sh game after game.

We continue to fall further behind every no-mark team in our p!ss poor league and it wont be too long before we reach the point of no return but, unfortunately, by then it's going to be too late.

Another performance with no skill, no flair, no entertainment, no guts, no threat .... absolutely f-all, our club is such a F***in' shambles :soapbox:

BEEJ
26-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Really no idea where we go from here, but we have 3 massive games coming up, including an utterly crucial match against St Mirren. Our goaless and winless run simply cannot extend through these games!!
:agree: We have to get a minimum of 5 points from the next three matches.

Martin Scott available on Sunday for the Dundee Utd match. But CC also needs to bring in a striker before then, one who is available for selection on Sunday.

Then on Monday we need to see three or four of the existing squad released from their contracts before the window closes.

James70
26-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Any manager has to be insane to apply for the Hibs job in the first place and each of our last three managers has been slightly more insane than their predecessor once they've been given the job.

H!BEE
26-01-2011, 10:25 PM
there maybe trouble ahead.

EasterRoad4Ever
26-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Petrie and the Board will dig in and back CC for as long as humanly possible. So I reckon until it become mathematically impossible for us to stay up.

One of Petrie's strengths as a hard financial negotiator (Stubborn and dogged) is also his biggest weakness when it comes to general management. IMHO Petrie is fast becoming an enemy of the club and our biggest threat to avoiding relegation.

PaulSmith
26-01-2011, 10:30 PM
He'll get no matter until the end of the season, season ticket sales will be c50% down year on year, if we stay up, and the Board might do as they always do and deflect any criticism away from themselves and pump him out.

Looking like another terrible terrible appointment.

Judas Iscariot
26-01-2011, 10:35 PM
About 6 weeks ago :agree:

Leishy1995
26-01-2011, 10:40 PM
On my thread about Calderwood I got ran out of Dodge, on this more people seem to have a differ of opinions, we need a Hibs man. At the very least a man with experience in Scotland before.

sleeping giant
26-01-2011, 10:43 PM
On my thread about Calderwood I got ran out of Dodge, on this more people seem to have a differ of opinions, we need a Hibs man. At the very least a man with experience in Scotland before.

Who do you suggest Leishy ?

The Harp Awakes
26-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Hibs have no choice but to stick with CC as losing another Manager in our current predicament would almost certainly relegate us. Our only chance is to hope that the players CC signs this window gets us enough points to stay up.

What worries me more than anything about CC (team selection aside) is that he seems totally emotionless in the dugout which gives the impression that he doesn't care. Not saying that is the case but it doesn't inspire any confidence.

ScottB
26-01-2011, 10:46 PM

Why do we need a Hibs man? The last 3 were Hibs men and were disasters.

Why do we need someone with experience in Scotland? Craig Brown managed it alright, Tony Mowbray managed it alright and many, many others.

Our issues are not as simple as sack the manager / Board / Petrie. The culture at the club is clearly broken and the playing staff is in a hell of a state. The only thing that can get us to turn the corner is the wholesale punting of most of them in the summer. We just have to hope we survive in the SPL in the meantime, and I think we will.

Cropley10
26-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Our issues are not as simple as sack the manager / Board / Petrie. The culture at the club is clearly broken and the playing staff is in a hell of a state.

Aberdeen won again tonight. Broon wouldn't even talk to Hibs.

Who is responsible for this Culture you speak of?

matty_f
26-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Why do we need a Hibs man? The last 3 were Hibs men and were disasters.

Why do we need someone with experience in Scotland? Craig Brown managed it alright, Tony Mowbray managed it alright and many, many others.

Our issues are not as simple as sack the manager / Board / Petrie. The culture at the club is clearly broken and the playing staff is in a hell of a state. The only thing that can get us to turn the corner is the wholesale punting of most of them in the summer. We just have to hope we survive in the SPL in the meantime, and I think we will.

Agree with this, also think that the criticism after tonight's game is harsh. We were on a hiding to nothing anyway, and I thought the signs were positive. We still lack a goalscorer, but Nish played ok tonight.

Calderwood's trying to get in better and when he does hopefully we'll see the benefit.

The last thing the club needs is to change the manager again, especially as he's only just got a few of his own players in.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-01-2011, 11:00 PM
i don't think that CC will get sacked even if we get relegated.

Danderhall Hibs
26-01-2011, 11:01 PM
You're the club owner.You come out with a statement like that. By the time the clowns have been identified by the clown you've appointed as manager have been identified have relegated your team.. What would be your master plan to sustain your business from your position in a lower division?

He's already identified the clowns and is now trying to replace them. I think that's pretty obvious.

Cropley10
26-01-2011, 11:02 PM
He's already identified the clowns and is now trying to replace them. I think that's pretty obvious.

Identified, yes. Trying to replace them, yes. Still playing them, yes. That's the hard bit - the one at the end....

PaulSmith
26-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Agree with this, also think that the criticism after tonight's game is harsh. We were on a hiding to nothing anyway, and I thought the signs were positive. We still lack a goalscorer, but Nish played ok tonight.

Calderwood's trying to get in better and when he does hopefully we'll see the benefit.

The last thing the club needs is to change the manager again, especially as he's only just got a few of his own players in.

Sorry Matty but woeful again, utterly and totally waste of a jersey but CC has to shoulder some of the blame, to as Nish to play up top on his own tells me that he doesn't have a clue about the attributes of some of his current first X1. Let's hope that Nish is a stop gap until a proven CF comes in.

Danderhall Hibs
26-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Identified, yes. Trying to replace them, yes. Still playing them, yes. That's the hard bit - the one at the end....

Would you prefer he started the match with 6 players on Sunday?

ScottB
26-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Aberdeen won again tonight. Broon wouldn't even talk to Hibs.

Who is responsible for this Culture you speak of?

Not being privy to the internal workings of the club, I don't know.

At a guess, the coaching staff and the standards laid down for professional behaviour certainly don't help, considering we seem to have had a merry band of unfit players and seen nearly every signing turn into a worse player as time has gone on. This would suggest something is quite amiss on that side of things, and the coaches are the constant that runs through our run of many failed managers.

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Sorry Matty but woeful again, utterly and totally waste of a jersey but CC has to shoulder some of the blame, to as Nish to play up top on his own tells me that he doesn't have a clue about the attributes of some of his current first X1. Let's hope that Nish is a stop gap until a proven CF comes in.

:agree: Marked out the game by a player into his 42 year i think? Again gave us nothing as a target man, or a centre forward. What position is he supposed to like playing best, as i cant work out what it is?

Cropley10
26-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Would you prefer he started the match with 6 players on Sunday?

I said - that's the hard bit! Rankin is the one I don't get out and now back in....

Danderhall Hibs
26-01-2011, 11:11 PM
How will you balance the books next year from a lower division factoring in all the investment you've made in your manager and his investments?...You're the boss,it's the 26th Jan!

First thing I'd do is not resign myself to being relegated and secondly I wouldn't write the season off just because we got beat of Rangers (who we lose to 9/10 anyway).

Then I'd replace the dummies (or as many as I can) and start picking up ponts against Dundee United and St Mirren. In fact if I got the right players in I'd be looking up the way rather than panicking about going down.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Ive not read any of this thread, but, it is now apparent the manager makes no odds, there is a cancer throughout the club, the cause? wish I knew!

Caroline Hibby
26-01-2011, 11:21 PM
I'm not sure if CC is the man. What I do know is that what he inherited is dire. We have been rank for over a year and CC has had to work with the same group of players that have failed to produce throughout 2010. Interesting that he said in post match interview (paraphrasing) 'the fight starts here'. He knows he now has the first chance to start building his own team. I'll not be surprised if we've seen the last of McBride, Hogg, Hart etc. If we get Thomson before the window closes, we've also seen the last of Nish. We have got to give him a fighting chance. I agree with the questions over his team selections, but he'll have his reasons, but now is the time for him to start to prove he can turn it around. It's also the time for everyone to get behind him and the team.

Danderhall Hibs
26-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Not resigning yourself to relegation is an emotional thing.Anyone can say that.What I have seen for myself and for all the info I've gathered on CC isn't good but you don't have a monthly salary any more no matter what.You're the owner of Hibs and you're running with Clueless Colin or Colin The Clueless as Forest fans knew him by ....??

Did you only gather info on the seasons when he didn't get the clubs he was managing promoted?

Emerald
26-01-2011, 11:31 PM
I dont think they were doing too badly tonight until the first goal went in AGAIN! After that, you could see them draining in confidence. I even thought Nish was doing ok up front, he was getting stuck in and putting himself about BUT after we lost the goal it was over. I really like Hibs giving youngsters a chance, but any manager worth his salt wouldn't put the burden on a young loan signing from Celtic and a rooky from Hibs out against Rangers to try and stop the rot. This may destroy these guys, what an introduction to your career at Hibs. I dont know what the answer is but I'm not paid to know that, CC is and for me he aint earning his corn!! Very depressing and in all my years watching Hibs I have never witnessed such a subdued and meagre support for a floodlit game against Rangers. It is very very concerning the way things are going. :brickwall

greenlex
26-01-2011, 11:43 PM
I think I said relegated when in fact he was binned for threatening to get them relegated.It's pretty obvious to me that Forest had a team that almost any manager would have gone up with when they went up with him at the helm.
Well if he can gather a group of similar players at ER I for one will be delighted.

greenlex
26-01-2011, 11:55 PM
I think Forest already had the key players.
We don't.
If we stay up,would you want this guy here for next season?
And if so why?
I think the calls for him to be sacked are premature. He had only one of his own players playing their first game against the Champions and arguably Champions elect this year. He should be judged over at the very least 18months and at the very least two windows. If we keep gifting teams goals we will go down and I expect a leader to be signed for the back We also need a striker who can hold the ball up for the more mobile and direct midfield he has just signed.
Quick question. Do you know he inherited the team at Forest or are you just using that to give your view more gravitas?

Liberal Hibby
27-01-2011, 12:05 AM

Indeed - and rightly so. We've had eight managers in 10 years and that's a recipe for disaster - huge squads of mediocre players who were the previous managers favourites all of whom shove the up and coming youth players down the pecking order.

Calderwood - even if he takes us down - should stay and be allowed to develop both his team and more importantly the football side of the club.

Jim44
27-01-2011, 12:14 AM

I agree. But I think he will get sacked in December next year when we are struggling in the 1st Div. with little or no chance of promotion.

Bad Martini
27-01-2011, 12:46 AM

I'm not saying that these two players would have made us any better over the past couple of matches but Mark Brown and Derek Riordan should be playing whenever they are fit and available.

:agree: spot on.

I dont dislike Calderwood as a person.

He's sheite as a manager. It's a "results industry" we keep hearing. How many wins have we had over the last 15-16 games? How many draws? How many defeats (and yes, this IS a rhetorical question).

It's no good enough and Petrie can **** off with is rallying call/excuses/"it's not my fault or my board we put the wrong man in THREE times" pish anaw.

He might be at every game but he doesny feel the same as the punters do and deoesny take the same pelters we take. He doesny put in his own cash with no requirement to make a single penny back in return and he doesny, as far as I know, claim to follow Hibs for x years regardless. WE do. So, that gies us some right to take exception to his rallying call, his appointment(s) and his excuses. :agree:

Bad Martini
27-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Indeed - and rightly so. We've had eight managers in 10 years and that's a recipe for disaster - huge squads of mediocre players who were the previous managers favourites all of whom shove the up and coming youth players down the pecking order.

All appointed by Petrie and the board tho. Nuff said.

Franck Stanton
27-01-2011, 12:58 AM

Correct, sacking CC now wont do the club/team any good. Lets stop all this nonsence, get behind the man and judge him this time next year. We wont be relegated, wont be far off it but we will stay up - next three games v St Mirren [x2] and Hamilton will be the deciding factors, not tonights game and I firmly believe that with the two m/f lads we already have and the addition of another player [ striker] or two before window closes will see us okay. Keep the faith lads, keep the faith - after all we are Hibernian F.C. and we always like to do things the hard way.

silverhibee
27-01-2011, 01:06 AM
He'll get no matter until the end of the season, season ticket sales will be c50% down year on year, if we stay up, and the Board might do as they always do and deflect any criticism away from themselves and pump him out.

Looking like another terrible terrible appointment.

Its certainly looking that way, i thought he was the man to take us forward but it seems he is taking us in the other direction, i have lost faith in him, his chopping and changing every week is too hard to take, he has one tactic and that is to get his goalie and back four to hoof the ball up the park each time and it is clearly not working, Nish got a few knock ons tonight but the midfield were no where to be seen in trying to support him at any time.
Wee sacked a legend for less.

J-C
27-01-2011, 01:09 AM
Must admit I've tried to give CC the benefit here but as th weeks go by, my generosity is wearing thin and I am having serious doubts about his choice.

I've always stated I'd wait till he gets his own players in until I gave judgement but his tactics at times are bizzare to say the least.

Chopping and changing week in, week out just seems to annoy the hell out of everyone and doesn't allow a team to settle, we all no he has to see all the players but jesus christ how long does it take to realise that most are a bunch of fekking wage theives and need emptied asap.

KWJ
27-01-2011, 01:16 AM
Mixu, Blobby & Yogi all got us starting well with what they had at their disposal but turned it to crap when they brought in their own players.

Maybe Calderwood is going to do it the other way round which in the long run, is what we want.
:flag:

matty_f
27-01-2011, 01:28 AM
Mixu, Blobby & Yogi all got us starting well with what they had at their disposal but turned it to crap when they brought in their own players.

Maybe Calderwood is going to do it the other way round which in the long run, is what we want.
:flag:

Hope so. I just think people underestimate how difficult it is to take a team that had won so few games in a calendar year, with confidence as low as it was, and try and turn it around.

I do think there have been signs that it will happen, but it needs to happen quicker. We need goals and points asap.

Kato
27-01-2011, 09:10 AM
Chopping and changing week in, week out just seems to annoy the hell out of everyone and doesn't allow a team to settle,.

You think there is a team in amongst that lot?

hibiedude
27-01-2011, 09:26 AM

I have to agree :agree: You try and look for the positives with Calderwood but........ :dunno:

skipster7
27-01-2011, 09:48 AM

The last thing the club needs is to change the manager again, especially as he's only just got a few of his own players in.:top marks

:agree: what we never beat rangers !!! lets use that as an excuse to wheel out the same tired nonsense.fwiw we were every bit as good as the huns until another defensive mistake cost us dearly and you could see it affected their confidence.
Nish done ok first half and if you were going to play 1 up then of the current players he would probably have to be the one.however we are totally lightweight with no support and just dont look like scoring.i hope we can get a decent spark from our new guys and start to pick up points.keep the faith.:flag:

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Hope so. I just think people underestimate how difficult it is to take a team that had won so few games in a calendar year, with confidence as low as it was, and try and turn it around.

I do think there have been signs that it will happen, but it needs to happen quicker. We need goals and points asap.

I don't see that Matty, i can honestly say hand on heart, we look much easier to beat now than at any time under the last manager. We do not look like scoring at any time during a game now, although i do realise we miss Stoke's goals.

number9dream
27-01-2011, 10:00 AM
The man simply doesn't have a clue.

All his talk after the game is about getting a "foothold in the game at 0-0", nothing about trying to score a goal.

Nothing in the way we set up suggests he is even interested in us scoring.

And leaving our best forward on the bench only reinforces this...

Stevie Reid
27-01-2011, 10:19 AM
The OP's question is a very valid one. I'd like to know if there's ever been a manager whose reign has started so disasterously (and make no mistake, it has been an out and out disaster), and gone on to achieve anything.

If Calderwood had been appointed at the start of the season and 15 games in we had won only 2, lost 11 (including one to a 2nd division team) and we hadn't scored in 5 games running, folk would be clambouring for him to be sacked. So why is it not a possibility later on in the season, when we have fast become relegation certainties?

Terrifyingly, we have less points now than we did at this stage in 1998, when McLeish came in and transformed the team (of largely the same players) after his Motherwell team (immediately above us in the the league at the time) hammered us 6-2 - is going to take a similarly disasterous result for the board to take action this time?

Calderwood has had ZERO positive impact on the team since he came in, and if we lose our next 2 we have to accept that it's not working - regardless of the players he has brought in. If he gets as little out of them as he has out of the current lot, there will be no improvement.

I find it astonishing that people are still blaming Yogi, Petrie and the players for our predicament, yet CC is untouchable - if we start to climb the league will that mean that all of the above get the credit and CC gets none? Crazy thought isn't it?

And - if we do go down - surely we don't entrust Calderwood with getting us back up again. If we go down it's because he has taken us down. He's been here since October ffs.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2011, 10:22 AM
The OP's question is a very valid one. I'd like to know if there's ever been a manager whose reign has started so disasterously (and make no mistake, it has been an out and out disaster), and gone on to achieve anything.

If Calderwood had been appointed at the start of the season and 15 games in we had won only 2, lost 11 (including one to a 2nd division team) and we hadn't scored in 5 games running, folk would be clambouring for him to be sacked. So why is it not a possibility later on in the season, when we have fast become relegation certainties?

Terrifyingly, we have less points now than we did at this stage in 1998, when McLeish came in and transformed the team (of largely the same players) after his Motherwell team (immediately above us in the the league at the time) hammered us 6-2 - is going to take a similarly disasterous result for the board to take action this time?

Calderwood has had ZERO positive impact on the team since he came in, and if we lose our next 2 we have to accept that it's not working - regardless of the players he has brought in. If he gets as little out of them as he has out of the current lot, there will be no improvement.

I find it astonishing that people are still blaming Yogi, Petrie and the players for our predicament, yet CC is untouchable - if we start to climb the league will that mean that all of the above get the credit and CC gets none? Crazy thought isn't it?

And - if we do go down - surely we don't entrust Calderwood with getting us back up again. If we go down it's because he has taken us down. He's been here since October ffs.

No we wouldn't, we'd just be saying he needed to get the cheque book out. No manager can manage other peoples players, apparently they have to have their own players these days.

pacorosssco
27-01-2011, 10:26 AM

:top marks

Stevie Reid
27-01-2011, 10:27 AM
No we wouldn't, we'd just be saying he needed to get the cheque book out. No manager can manage other peoples players, apparently they have to have their own players these days.

Yep. I'm sure the board were pretty clear to CC before he was appointed that he wouldn't at all be judged on his results until he had brought 25 of his own men in.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Yep. I'm sure the board were pretty clear to CC before he was appointed that he wouldn't at all be judged on his results until he had brought 25 of his own men in.

:agree: No improvement AT ALL since he signed. I would bet Petrie is crapping himself at the moment, wondering if he'd appointed another huddy. The signs are not good Rod.

khib70
27-01-2011, 10:31 AM
The man simply doesn't have a clue.

All his talk after the game is about getting a "foothold in the game at 0-0", nothing about trying to score a goal.

Nothing in the way we set up suggests he is even interested in us scoring.

And leaving our best forward on the bench only reinforces this...
Yeah. And our "best forward" really made a difference when he came on, didn't he?:rolleyes:

The only difference was that he did his invisible man act for half an hour instead of 90 minutes.

Stevie Reid
27-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Yeah. And our "best forward" really made a difference when he came on, didn't he?:rolleyes:

The only difference was that he did his invisible man act for half an hour instead of 90 minutes.

Riordan being dropped for tactical reasons was a valid exercise for one game. After we lost again, and scored no goals, he had to come back in.

Zemamma up front with Nish was never going to work. I tried to defend Nish as long as possible, but that ended a while ago now. And I really hoped that the wee man would have a positive impact on our season, but it's just not happening at the moment - he always takes responsibility but his decision making is awful. Still worth a start but either deeper lying or out wide.

Heedersnvolleys
27-01-2011, 10:49 AM
I was not that impressed when CC was appointed as I work with guys in Nottingham who warned me of him. However I gave was willing to give him a chance as I thought he would at least make us look more organised, look more professional, tighter in defence, stop the silly goals we concede and possibly hard to beat but unfortunately he has not. That is why I don't even buy this line he needs his own players as even a half decent manager should have managed the above even with this group of players.
As for the constant tinkering that is another rant all together! :confused:

Stevie Reid
27-01-2011, 10:57 AM
I was not that impressed when CC was appointed as I work with guys in Nottingham who warned me of him. However I gave was willing to give him a chance as I thought he would at least make us look more organised, look more professional, tighter in defence, stop the silly goals we concede and possibly hard to beat but unfortunately he has not. That is why I don't even buy this line he needs his own players as even a half decent manager should have managed the above even with this group of players.
As for the constant tinkering that is another rant all together! :confused:

I wonder what we do in training all week - we are all over the place, cannot defend set pieces and seem to have no routines of our own.

Craig_in_Prague
27-01-2011, 11:02 AM
My patience is wearing very thin with CC now as well,

Rankin, McBride, Nish etc out the team for a few weeks, then all back in as starters.

Our ONLY goal scoring threat now benched. And our only decent keeper has vanished.

He better hope his 2 midfielders that he's signed save our season, otherwise I honestly think we are going down.

We look like we're just going through the motions, only Galbraith looked like running that extra yard for the side last night.

Hamilton v Hibs in a relegation battle.........Who's your money on?

GreenCastle
27-01-2011, 11:04 AM
If you keep changing personnel it's hard to become organised.

Players need consistency - look at the best teams around the world.

Jim44
27-01-2011, 11:08 AM

Rankin, McBride, Nish etc out the team for a few weeks, then all back in as starters.

Our ONLY goal scoring threat now benched. And our only decent keeper has vanished.

He better hope his 2 midfielders that he's signed save our season, otherwise I honestly think we are going down.

We look like we're just going through the motions, only Galbraith looked like running that extra yard for the side last night.

Frankly, I don't think there's going to be a relegation battle. We could be isolated at the bottom by the end of March. Two or three weeks ago Bet365 had us at 16/1 to go down. This morning they have us at 4/1.

Stevie Reid
27-01-2011, 11:08 AM

In the last 2 seasons Hamilton have shown that they know what needs to be done to get out of the position that they are now in. People keep expecting us to have an upturn, for no other reason than logic suggests that it must. Well applying that logic to Hamilton, plus their previous for picking up towards the end of the season - and we are ****ed.

Craig_in_Prague
27-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Frankly, I don't think there's going to be a relegation battle. We could be isolated at the bottom by the end of March. Two or three weeks ago Bet365 had us at 16/1 to go down. This morning they have us at 4/1.

wow, 16/1 ........nice odds!

Can't say I would be surprised if some hibs fans put money on.
Some will say that's not a fan backing against your side, but we are best placed to witness the fact that we're pish and if anything, are getting worse!

skipster7
27-01-2011, 11:21 AM

:confused:not the game i was at last night,one thing they couldn't be faulted for was effort, some not very good right enough.we just didn't look remotely like scoring a goal.in fact sad to say the only guy who displayed a poor attitude was deek when he came on,when wee Towel wanted to throw the ball up the line and he pointed inside and turned his back on him.made my blood boil !