PDA

View Full Version : Pitch beginning to look worse for wear!!

steviecarnie
26-01-2011, 07:50 PM
I know its been another harsh winter, but is the gamble of growing the pitch, about to backfire?

Bostonhibby
26-01-2011, 07:53 PM
I know its been another harsh winter, but is the gamble of growing the pitch, about to backfire?

:agree: One thing you can't blame our players for though, wearing out the pitch, its all those away teams running about, tackling, mobbing the 6 yard boxes :wink:

Dirkster23
26-01-2011, 08:36 PM

The way we play these days a crap pitch probably hinders the opposition more than us!

Bostonhibby
26-01-2011, 08:41 PM
The way we play these days a crap pitch probably hinders the opposition more than us!

Having a pitch is definitely hindering us, maybe we should plough the whole lot up and get 2 or 3 crops of turnips a year, low maintenance, cheap to grow and sell on to Tesco, the balance sheet will rise steadily with none of the risks of embarassment on the pitch. If we get really good at it and grow too many we can store them at EM.

Totally fed up of it.

Gettin' Auld
26-01-2011, 09:15 PM
The pitch should be in great condition, there's plenty manure on it at every home game.

tamig
26-01-2011, 11:41 PM

Don't think it was a gamble at all.I'm sure it wouldn't have been in any better a state had turf been laid. Just down to the weather and the heating drying it out.

Hibercelona
26-01-2011, 11:42 PM
The pitch should be in perfect nick.

Football hasn't been played on that thing for over a year!