PDA

View Full Version : Robbo's Bar No More?

Boris
26-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Hearing that the dump that is Robbo's Bar where the yams bams hang out on matchdays has been closed with immediate effect. Guy that took over it apparently fed up with all the sectarian nonsense - Saturday was the final straw apparently - and he's just closed the place down & walked rather than risk losing his licence. Shame...........................:devil:

Diclonius
26-01-2011, 03:19 PM
For a few weeks now the pub has been up for sale, or at least that's what I've seen when I pass it on the 25 to Heriot-Watt. :jamboak:

Jack
26-01-2011, 03:24 PM
On an opposite note I see Utopia on Easter Road has reopened although maybe not tonight withe the game being on.
The Coopers has also reopened but I dont think anyone has noticed!

New Corrie
26-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Hearing that the dump that is Robbo's Bar where the yams bams hang out on matchdays has been closed with immediate effect. Guy that took over it apparently fed up with all the sectarian nonsense - Saturday was the final straw apparently - and he's just closed the place down & walked rather than risk losing his licence. Shame...........................:devil:

Nothing to do with the fact that it wasn't making money.

adhibs
26-01-2011, 04:04 PM
im sure the fannys will find somewhere new. must have been a big dob love in at the weekend.

Phil D. Rolls
26-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Nothing to do with the fact that it wasn't making money.

The place never seemed to be open. Personally, I think it could have been preserved as a sort of nature reserve or safari park.

Forza Fred
26-01-2011, 04:15 PM

Didn't it used to be called The Green Tree in the 70's

If so it wasn't a bad sort of boozer, albeit at the wrong end of town.

Boris
26-01-2011, 04:49 PM

Aye thats the one Freddie. Taken over by John Robertson a good few years ago & turned into a sort of yams theme pub, similar to the Cabbage & Ribs pub, but Robbo hasn't had anything to do with it in years. Tended to be populated on matchdays by the more bigoted elements of the yams support.

sambajustice
26-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Tended to be populated on matchdays by the more bigoted elements of the yams support.

Must be quite a big pub then if it holds 14000 people!

Judas Iscariot
26-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Must be quite a big pub then if it holds 400000 people!

Fixed

FranckSuzy
26-01-2011, 08:38 PM

:agree:

Last time I had the misfortune to frequent it, it absolutely reeked of urinals. Total hovel of a place.

Hibernia Na Eir
26-01-2011, 09:47 PM

was turned over more than once by the other Hibs "team", used to be funny seeing them all cowering inside during derby day, they shat themselves from Hibs. Not sure what its been like in recent times though, dont visit that part of town and not been to their stadium since 2001.

Forza Fred
27-01-2011, 10:40 AM

Last time I had the misfortune to frequent it, it absolutely reeked of urinals. Total hovel of a place.

Suzy,

You wouldn't have been born in the 70's though,,the tiem I was referring to..:greengrinyou mere slip of a thing..:greengrin

poolman
27-01-2011, 10:58 AM
I live along the the road from said dump :rolleyes:

There's never any booger in the place when I pass so it cant make any money

Also, there's a big "pub for lease" sign outside which has been up for ages

A horrible, horrible flea pit of a place :agree:

FranckSuzy
29-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Suzy,

You wouldn't have been born in the 70's though,,the tiem I was referring to..:greengrinyou mere slip of a thing..:greengrin

Fred, you obviously need your eyes tested :greengrin Do they have a specsavers equiv. in Oz? :aok: Thanks though :blushie:

Ernie Cobra
29-01-2011, 08:09 PM
For a few weeks now the pub has been up for sale, or at least that's what I've seen when I pass it on the 25 to Heriot-Watt. :jamboak:

you oan the hertz team bus to training witht he rest of them?

Www1875hfc
29-01-2011, 09:10 PM

Thats The Main Stand Your Talking About Right.......:wink:

Which Hasnt Been Upgraded Since 1914 :)

jst1875
30-01-2011, 08:47 AM

in the late 70's and early 80's when it was the green tree it used to be a decent place. it was owned by scottish and newcastle at the time, it stared going downhill after they sold it off.
i have fond memories of a certain wee blonde barmaid ....... but thats a different story ........................ :lips seal

billbee
30-01-2011, 08:53 AM
Bring Back The GREEN TREE :greengrin

SkintHibby
30-01-2011, 09:21 AM
Was it not called 'The Green Tree' right up until the late 80's?