PDA

View Full Version : Who will be relegated this season?

sunshine1875
26-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Which SPL team do you think will be relegated?

Hibstrooper
26-01-2011, 11:18 AM
It certainly won't be Hibernain :wink:

sunshine1875
26-01-2011, 11:49 AM

:doh:

Viva_Palmeiras
26-01-2011, 11:51 AM

Yeah bunch of imposters ;)

soproni1
26-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Surely we are a better team than Hamilton and St Mirren despite our bad form/bad team

Phil D. Rolls
26-01-2011, 12:10 PM

No chance of that ever happening. :agree:

givescotlandfreedom
26-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Hamilton I think. They can't really improve beyond the level they're at despite having a good work ethic and gutsy squad. We do have the capability to play MUCH better and hopefully we'll show it and finish a good bit away from the drop.

superfurryhibby
26-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Hamilton I think. They can't really improve beyond the level they're at despite having a good work ethic and gutsy squad. We do have the capability to play MUCH better and hopefully we'll show it and finish a good bit away from the drop.

THose words are the key. They have what we lack and sorely need and that's why I'm so worried about our prospects of staying up. Do we really have the capacity to play much better? 3-0 against der Hun says that we do, nearly all other games this season says that we are kidding ourselves.

--------
26-01-2011, 12:20 PM

A good work ethic and a gutsy squad goes a long way in a relegation dogfight.

In theory, we can play much better than they can, much better than we're playing already.

But with a squad most of whom are out of contract in the summer and who therefore won't be at ER beyond June?

Calderwood's going to have his work cut out to keep us up.

sunshine1875
26-01-2011, 02:52 PM

Hamilton have just signed two players.

Hamilton Accies have bolstered their midfield options with the signings of James Chambers and Aaron Wildig.
Republic of Ireland Under-23 cap Chambers joins from Shamrock Rovers and has signed an 18-month deal with the New Douglas Park club.

Wildig, a former Wales Under-16 international, has joined on loan from Cardiff City, with the 18 year-old signed up until the end of the season.

Both transfers are subject to international clearance.

Chambers, who will turn 24 next month, has previously turned out for Shelbourne, Waterford United, Solihull Moors and Drogheda United.

English-born Wildig has come through the ranks at Cardiff and has played and scored in the first team.

Craig_in_Prague
26-01-2011, 03:00 PM
A good work ethic and a gutsy squad goes a long way in a relegation dogfight.

In theory, we can play much better than they can, much better than we're playing already.

But with a squad most of whom are out of contract in the summer and who therefore won't be at ER beyond June?

Calderwood's going to have his work cut out to keep us up.

I'm afraid he has, and look at Hamilton of late, almost beat Celtic but got a draw at home, got a draw away at ICT. Whatever folks say about them it shows they can win points and I'm afraid our games against them and St Mirren soon will seal our fate one way or another.

Nervy times ahead - i looked the fixture lists earlier and I'm not feeling too good about our prospects.

It's gut wrenching when i think we seriously can go down.
I was telling a friend a few weeks ago that i can see us going out the cup to Ayr as this current lot are the worse I've seen, he just didn't believe me (he's a sheep fan), by god we are as bad as i thought, maybe worse to be honest.

Still, some new faces into the club now and let's hope somehow we get a few other players lifting their game and we can start to be competitive, get organised and harder to beat, get goals for again, and then scrape enough points needed.

greenlex
26-01-2011, 03:01 PM

Hamilton Accies have bolstered their midfield options with the signings of James Chambers and Aaron Wildig.
Republic of Ireland Under-23 cap Chambers joins from Shamrock Rovers and has signed an 18-month deal with the New Douglas Park club.

Wildig, a former Wales Under-16 international, has joined on loan from Cardiff City, with the 18 year-old signed up until the end of the season.

Chambers, who will turn 24 next month, has previously turned out for Shelbourne, Waterford United, Solihull Moors and Drogheda United.

English-born Wildig has come through the ranks at Cardiff and has played and scored in the first team.
Dont believe you. Michael Stewart was signing for them. :confused:

CmoantheHibs
26-01-2011, 03:14 PM
If the new guys come with the attributes we have been told they have then it will give our team a much greater balance and take pressure off other areas of the team.The defence has been exposed due to our midfield being outfought and over-run.Undoubtedly the games against Hamilton and St Mirren will be crucial but I feel we will kick on a bit now.I think Hamilton will end up bottom though it could just as easily be us or St Mirren.

Leishy1995
26-01-2011, 04:55 PM
I voted Hamilton, but relegation is not a distant possibility for hibs, we are definatly not a big team, we are not to big to go down. The rebuilding process has begun and a striker with goals in him and a confident no nonesence centre half would hopefully see us safe and Hamilton who still have a good team on their budget will go down.
:flag:

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-01-2011, 05:53 PM
I dont want it to happen, but, there is something terribly wrong throughout the whole club at the mo, I doubt it will be exorcised overnight.

vanNISHtelroy
26-01-2011, 06:04 PM
At the start of the season I never would have believed that a poll on who would be relegated wouldn't include A^rshires greatest!

Think it'll be Hamilton

givescotlandfreedom
26-01-2011, 09:03 PM

Maybe we are goosed then :boo hoo:

Sir David Gray
26-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Hamilton's three points behind us, with two games in hand.

I would say that, if we're not the favourites to go down already, then there can't be much in it between ourselves and Hamilton.

I will vote for Hamilton, for no other reason except that I can't bear to vote for Hibs to get relegated, but I think it's extremely possible and bordering on the very likely.

francobaresi
26-01-2011, 09:42 PM
There's only one team that deserve to go down & that's us! No guts, no desire, no fire in our bellies any more... This trully is the worst I have seen in 35+ years... For me we need to beat St Mirren & Hamilton to even give us a chance... Unfortunately the imposters wearing the green do not care enough about our team to keep us up... I fear the worst...

marleyhib
26-01-2011, 09:48 PM
on current form us

sunshine1875
26-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Next fixtures until we play AWAY at Hamilton. Hamilton have two extra games and we are cream crackered if they get on a run.

Hibs:
Utd (A)
St. M (H)
Killie (H)
St. M (A)
ICT (H)

Hamilton:
Killie (H)
St. J (A)
Hertz (H)
Utd (A)
Well (A)
Dons (A)
Utd (H)

sunshine1875
30-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Anyone not voted - my own view that I have held from the last few weeks is that we will be relegated this season. It has been good to get a few new faces in over the last few days, but the cancer at Hibs will take a long time to cure. Today's match is further evidence that we are miles away from where we need to be.

My view that relegation is a certainty is that Hamilton and St. Mirren are far more competitive in games than us. Whereas we are usually two or three goals down entering the latter stages of the game.

AFKA5814_Hibs
30-01-2011, 03:56 PM
I'll wait until the transfer window shuts before voting. 31 hours to save our season.

Sir David Gray
30-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Looking at the fixtures for Hamilton and ourselves in February, we have some winnable games (by that I don't mean to sound cocky by any manner of means but 3 home games out of 4 is normally a good thing) and Hamilton have some really tough fixtures.

February is our big chance to move away from relegation trouble. If we go into the Hamilton match on March 1st, still only a couple of points above them, I fully believe that we will be relegated.

The players have a massive four weeks ahead of them.

sunshine1875
30-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Looking at the fixtures for Hamilton and ourselves in February, we have some winnable games (by that I don't mean to sound cocky by any manner of means but 3 home games out of 4 is normally a good thing) and Hamilton have some really tough fixtures.

February is our big chance to move away from relegation trouble. If we go into the Hamilton match on March 1st, still only a couple of points above them, I fully believe that we will be relegated.

The players have a massive four weeks ahead of them.

:agree: which is why, I think, CC has brought in some battlers in midfield. However, we need also to keep the defence tight and have someone up front who can score. I would be more confident if an experienced leader in each area could be signed.

soupy
30-01-2011, 04:13 PM
I voted st mirren only cos I couldn't bare to vote hibs, we really really need a striker or two tomorrow.