PDA

View Full Version : Scott Out

Callum_62
26-01-2011, 07:44 AM
for tonights game thro suspension.

shame, wouldnt have minded having a looksie on HI.

12AlbionPlace
26-01-2011, 07:50 AM
Are you sure, no mention here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9372935.stm

Callum_62
26-01-2011, 07:57 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Colin-Calderwood-recruits-Richie-Towell.6702293.jp

Craig_in_Prague
26-01-2011, 08:01 AM
So no Scott and I assume no Thornhill either.

So same old, same old tonight then.

12AlbionPlace
26-01-2011, 08:08 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Colin-Calderwood-recruits-Richie-Towell.6702293.jp

PETRIE:fuming::greengrin

stubru59
26-01-2011, 08:09 AM
So its three players in - one suspended, one injured, and one a young reserve.

Could only happen to us.

Disc O'Dave
26-01-2011, 08:35 AM
So no Scott and I assume no Thornhill either.

So same old, same old tonight then.

In reality though, our season isn't going to be decided on the game tonight against Rangers. I fully expect a doing, especially as they lost face at Tynie at the weekend. That would have been the case with a team from the Mowbray era, never mind the current crop.

Sure it would be nice to take something from the game, but it's more important to have the guys up and running for the games against St Mirren and Hamilton (and then the rest of the bottom 6)

If fact, it's probably a blessing they are out - I imagine if they featured in a defeat to Rangers, that would be enough to have them written off as duds straight away....

Craig_in_Prague
26-01-2011, 08:38 AM
In reality though, our season isn't going to be decided on the game tonight against Rangers. I fully expect a doing, especially as they lost face at Tynie at the weekend. That would have been the case with a team from the Mowbray era, never mind the current crop.

Sure it would be nice to take something from the game, but it's more important to have the guys up and running for the games against St Mirren and Hamilton (and then the rest of the bottom 6)

If fact, it's probably a blessing they are out - I imagine if they featured in a defeat to Rangers, that would be enough to have them written off as duds straight away....

I agree tonights result isn't what will decide our fate, but I was hoping we'd have some new bodies in the side by now, and having clearly looked at Thornhill and Scott for quite a while, it's just a pity now they've signed we won't see them straight in the team.
I was thinking they'd inject some energy and fresh hope tonight, coz we all need a lift and signs of encouragement.

JimBHibees
26-01-2011, 08:43 AM
I agree tonights result isn't what will decide our fate, but I was hoping we'd have some new bodies in the side by now, and having clearly looked at Thornhill and Scott for quite a while, it's just a pity now they've signed we won't see them straight in the team.
I was thinking they'd inject some energy and fresh hope tonight, coz we all need a lift and signs of encouragement.

Yep agree disappointing however not alot we can do about it the Ross County game was cancelled at the weekend which would have served Scott's ban hopefully the young loan guy will get a game.

Speedway
26-01-2011, 08:46 AM

Don't worry about it. If we had have seen the reserve, the 1st division player and the injury crock who can't get a game at Forest and they'd inspired us to a 5-0 victory tonight; we would have had to have dealt with not feeling 'underwhelmed' and I'm not sure some of us could have coped with that.

Keith_M
26-01-2011, 08:58 AM
Didn't need them at Ibrox so don't need them tonight.

:wink:

greenlex
26-01-2011, 09:20 AM
A win or a draw aren't important tonight in the grand scheme of things. They would be nice but what is important is not to take a real doing just in case goal difference is a factor come tge end if the season.

wazoo1875
26-01-2011, 09:43 AM
A win or a draw aren't important tonight in the grand scheme of things. They would be nice but what is important is not to take a real doing just in case goal difference is a factor come tge end if the season.

Shows how far we have fallen IMO, worrying about such a doing at home to a pish Rangers team that it may affect our Spl status :-((

hiblander
26-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Shows how far we have fallen IMO, worrying about such a doing at home to a pish Rangers team that it may affect our Spl status :-((

I bet you were worryng the last time we played the Gers ! :cool2:

number9dream
26-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Scott should have served his ban at the weekend but the match at QoS was postponed...

wazoo1875
26-01-2011, 10:20 AM
I bet you were worryng the last time we played the Gers ! :cool2:
I did fear the worst the last time out at Ibrox, tonight i just can't seem to get up for at all, still not 100% convinced i'm going to even go.
I more than likely will though as another night of tv with the mrs is a hard thing to suffer :greengrin

darwenhibby
26-01-2011, 10:25 AM
You never know, it might give the existing players a kick up the backside and stimulate them into putting in a performance. Perhaps a last chance saloon kind of thing.

Then again, lets get this stupid wee game oot the way and lets get up George Street on the lash more springs to mind

IFONLY
26-01-2011, 10:31 AM

Really positive post!!!!!!!!!
Surely in the grand scheme of things every point we can accumulate is imprtant.

greenlex
26-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Really positive post!!!!!!!!!
Surely in the grand scheme of things every point we can accumulate is imprtant.

I know it seems negative but it isn't meant to be. No one not even us expects anything tonight and I dud qualify it by saying anything would be nice or a bonus if you like. I am just pointing out the merits if not letting our heads get down and not taking a good old tanking. A positive out a negative if you like.

allyhibee
26-01-2011, 11:35 AM
This is probably a bit overly optimistic but perhaps the arrival of these new players may have a few of our current team raising their game to stay in the team once everyone is fit and available.

greenlex
26-01-2011, 11:47 AM
This is probably a bit overly optimistic but perhaps the arrival of these new players may have a few of our current team raising their game to stay in the team once everyone is fit and available.

I hope thus is the case. I hope they have all had head in the sand syndrome and are only now realising their future is at steak actually seeing new players coming in.

Woody1985
26-01-2011, 05:35 PM
So its three players in - one suspended, one injured, and one a young reserve.

Could only happen to us.

If it's a one game ban would you rather wait one game, which he may not have played in, and signed a player who could play but potentially not as good.

Same principle applies to thornhill.

A reserve from a club with a much bigger budget than ours and have players from over the world fighting for the same position.

This place is getting boring with pish like this.