PDA

View Full Version : Ian Holloway

thebakerboy
25-01-2011, 10:04 PM
That is how to conduct a post match interview when you have just lost to Man U.:top marks:cool2::not worth

MontrealHibs
25-01-2011, 10:04 PM
What did he say?

darwenhibby
25-01-2011, 10:11 PM
The Guy is awesome, so much dignity.
Blackpool just ran out of steam.
No wonder the players wil run through brick walls for him

thebakerboy
26-01-2011, 07:38 AM
The Guy is awesome, so much dignity.
Blackpool just ran out of steam.
No wonder the players wil run through brick walls for him

Just that Dignity , mentioned cast iron pen but didn't moan about it a gentleman .

Danderhall Hibs
26-01-2011, 08:12 AM
Just that Dignity , mentioned cast iron pen but didn't moan about it a gentleman .

"how he can't see that's a penalty I'll never know". Is that not moaning?

I like Holloway but he's becoming a bit too fond of the sound of his own voice IMO.

greenlex
26-01-2011, 08:26 AM

I like Holloway but he's becoming a bit too fond of the sound of his own voice IMO.
I like the sound of his voice particularly when he goes off on one. I think it's the accent but let's not go there or someone will ge along to tell me I am racist.

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Holloway is so far up Ferguson/wenger/Ancelloti/Mancini/Redknapps erse its not true. You can also add Dalglish to that now. You wont hear him say a word against them, its as if he's frightened to say anything against the big clubs and turn that support against him.

Yes he's funny at times, but come on, some of the things he says are just complete bollox. He's done a great job at Blackpool, long may it continue.

BT58
26-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Disagree g
The guys a breath o fresh air,,,
That must be the BRISTOL in him
wish we had him at ER :wink::wink::agree:

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2011, 09:34 AM
Disagree g
The guys a breath o fresh air,,,
That must be the BRISTOL in him
wish we had him at ER :wink::wink::agree:

He is a breath of fresh air, i like him most of the country like him, but he does talk a right load of bollox at times.:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
26-01-2011, 10:10 AM
He is a breath of fresh air, i like him most of the country like him, but he does talk a right load of bollox at times.:wink:

There must be something in the Blackpool air. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2011, 10:12 AM
There must be something in the Blackpool air. :wink:

:tee hee:

Leithenhibby
26-01-2011, 10:18 AM
He is such an honest guy and I can see him going far :cool2:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackpool/9373797.stm

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Blackpool just recieved a £25k fine for fielding a weakened side againt villa. He said he'd resign if action was taken against them for it. We shall see. :greengrin

Causeway Corner
27-01-2011, 05:10 PM

A lot of people don't know that he has 2 or 3 kids who are deaf.He learned sign language to communicate with them but you never hear him go on about this.

Craig_in_Prague
27-01-2011, 05:14 PM
Blackpool just recieved a £25k fine for fielding a weakened side againt villa. He said he'd resign if action was taken against them for it. We shall see. :greengrin

I'm 100% behind him on that situation.

Managers have the right to play who the hell they want from the 25.

If it's about too many changes, christ CC will have hibs bankrupt with fines.

In all seriousness I like Holloway and completely agree with him on this as well as 99% of other things he says.

Future17
27-01-2011, 05:18 PM
A lot of people don't know that he has 2 or 3 kids who are deaf.He learned sign language to communicate with them but you never hear him go on about this.

Or see him go on about it.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm 100% behind him on that situation.

Managers have the right to play who the hell they want from the 25.

If it's about too many changes, christ CC will have hibs bankrupt with fines.

In all seriousness I like Holloway and completely agree with him on this as well as 99% of other things he says.

I think he was right too in picking whatever side he wanted, although he does talk some bollox at times. And he did say he'd walk away if they were fined, i wonder how he will talk himself out of that? :greengrin

hibsboy90
27-01-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm pretty sure he qualified his resignation statement a few days later, stating that he'd offer his resignation to the chairman. Just depends if he was to accept the offer.

fatbloke
27-01-2011, 05:59 PM

I would rather listen to Holloway farting or vomiting than listen to some managers talking.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2011, 06:02 PM
I would rather listen to Holloway farting or vomiting than listen to some managers talking.

He is starting to piss off a lot of people down here. He's never off the telly, and has an opinion on everything.

steviecarnie
27-01-2011, 06:04 PM
i see blackpool got fined, and holloway said he would resign if they did!!

cocopops1875
27-01-2011, 06:51 PM

i dont get the point you are making and as he was in a tv show about himself and the issues his family life, work life, and the stress the 2 things place on him he is hardly keeping it low profile :wink:

TheCabbage
27-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Think 1 of his best quotes was when having a rant at home. 1 of his daughters gave him sign language for stop shouting dad. We cant hear you!

Pretty Boy
27-01-2011, 11:26 PM
He is starting to piss off a lot of people down here. He's never off the telly, and has an opinion on everything.

I think the problem he has is because he's quite a witty guy at times he will be asked his opinion on everything. The same thing happened with Phil Brown when he first came up with Hull. He got the whole 'breath of fresh air' tag and Sky, the BBC, every newspaper, football magazines etc etc all wanted a quote from him. Very quickly he went from being a breath of fresh air to an over opinionated erse in the eyes of the media and fans.

It's not as if Holloway is just going around voicing his opinion on everything, he is being asked the questions and doing his best to answer them in what he perceives to be a fit manner.

Cameron1875
27-01-2011, 11:42 PM

Remind you of cloughy back in his hayday?

Holloway has done a hell of a job. Just hope these late goals blackpool are conceding dont come back and haunt them.

Albion Hibs
27-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Holloway is so far up Ferguson/wenger/Ancelloti/Mancini/Redknapps erse its not true. You can also add Dalglish to that now. You wont hear him say a word against them, its as if he's frightened to say anything against the big clubs and turn that support against him.

Yes he's funny at times, but come on, some of the things he says are just complete bollox. He's done a great job at Blackpool, long may it continue.

Why would he?

Maybe he is just showing some respect (a strange word to you I know) to the leagues most experienced and achieved managers - I dont see anything wrong with that.

Equally I have never heard any of them come out and say anything about him i.e. a mutual respect.

Would you like him more if in each interview he just insulted and criticised them?

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2011, 01:14 AM
Why would he?

Maybe he is just showing some respect (a strange word to you I know) to the leagues most experienced and achieved managers - I dont see anything wrong with that.

Equally I have never heard any of them come out and say anything about him i.e. a mutual respect.

Would you like him more if in each interview he just insulted and criticised them?

Its funny how he calls the Villa managers bid for Charlie Adams ludicrous, an insult. and has a pop at Houllier (sp) Yet Liverpool make a similar bid, and nothing.

Yet he offers £100k for DJ Campbell, and eventually signs him for £1.2m and thats just good negotiation.

Today he offers £40k for Bradley Wright Phillips, who will leave his present club for much much more. You see any hypocrisy in there albion? And you talk to me about respect. :faf:

Danderhall Hibs
28-01-2011, 07:29 AM

I knew that - I read it in an interview with him in 442 I think. Also mentioned it on Soccer AM and Goals on Sunday IIRC. Not sure what it's got to do with this though?

Its funny how he calls the Villa managers bid for Charlie Adams ludicrous, an insult. and has a pop at Houllier (sp) Yet Liverpool make a similar bid, and nothing.

Yet he offers £100k for DJ Campbell, and eventually signs him for £1.2m and thats just good negotiation.

Today he offers £40k for Bradley Wright Phillips, who will leave his present club for much much more. You see any hypocrisy in there albion? And you talk to me about respect. :faf:

Isn't he humming and hawing because he's on a cut of the Adam transfer fee so is trying to get as much as he can?

BT58
28-01-2011, 07:46 AM
Blackpool chairman was on SSN last night saying that
they would refuse his resignation

Bristolhibby
28-01-2011, 07:51 AM

Did not know that. But obviously you would learn to sign.

I used to work with a couple who had two deaf kids, both of them were fluent in sign. When you think about it, you learn and learn fast or you will never communicate with your children. A no brainer IMO.

Skanko79
28-01-2011, 07:54 AM
Not keen on the guy at all. Doing a good job will hand him that but his stupid accent annoys me.

Also he's not as daft as he makes out. No wonder he has been bumping Charlie Adam around for a higher transfer fee, all over the news this morning that Holloway is in line for a cut of ANY transfer fee Blackpool get for Adam. Hardly in line with the spirit of the game now is it....

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2011, 09:21 AM
I knew that - I read it in an interview with him in 442 I think. Also mentioned it on Soccer AM and Goals on Sunday IIRC. Not sure what it's got to do with this though?

Isn't he humming and hawing because he's on a cut of the Adam transfer fee so is trying to get as much as he can?

Well who knows, thats not something i would ever suggest is fueling his desire to up the Adams transfer price.:wink:

Albion Hibs
28-01-2011, 01:15 PM

You have no idea as to the background to how any of the bids were made other than what you read in the papers or make up on here, therefore you cannot possibly make a judgement between how to compare his views on Liverpool and Villa. In addition perhaps KD has shown him plenty of respect and Houllier did not - you will never know, but that would link back of course to the basis of my first post on this matter - do you see?

With regards to DJ Campbell I believe that was an offer for a player that was not loaned out from derby, unlike the approaches to blackpool for there main / MVP - again do you see the difference?

With regards to B R Phillips, are you now a valuation expert in relation to football players?

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2011, 04:12 PM
You have no idea as to the background to how any of the bids were made other than what you read in the papers or make up on here, therefore you cannot possibly make a judgement between how to compare his views on Liverpool and Villa. In addition perhaps KD has shown him plenty of respect and Houllier did not - you will never know, but that would link back of course to the basis of my first post on this matter - do you see?

With regards to DJ Campbell I believe that was an offer for a player that was not loaned out from derby, unlike the approaches to blackpool for there main / MVP - again do you see the difference?

With regards to B R Phillips, are you now a valuation expert in relation to football players?

What an absolute pile of poop. I was not aware i had to be in full posession of each and every fact before making a judgement.

Indeed, i was actually saying the folk down here, the folk i talk to were saying they are getting a little fed up of the man. Not Blackpool fans i may add. The facts as i know them are he can make a derisory offer for a player, some might call it an insult of an offer, and he makes no mention of that. Yet when two club do exactly the same, he only seems to want to criticise one. Asf or the valuation of Bwp. £40K :faf::faf:Tell me what you think he's worth, then tell me what his club want, and then tell me what the difference is with what Villa and Liverpool are doing with Adams thats so different?

And as for DJ Campbell, tell me again, as i really dont know why who he played for makes any difference to Holloway offering a 12th of the price he paid in the end?

Albion Hibs
28-01-2011, 05:52 PM
What an absolute pile of poop. I was not aware i had to be in full posession of each and every fact before making a judgement.

Indeed, i was actually saying the folk down here, the folk i talk to were saying they are getting a little fed up of the man. Not Blackpool fans i may add. The facts as i know them are he can make a derisory offer for a player, some might call it an insult of an offer, and he makes no mention of that. Yet when two club do exactly the same, he only seems to want to criticise one. Asf or the valuation of Bwp. £40K :faf::faf:Tell me what you think he's worth, then tell me what his club want, and then tell me what the difference is with what Villa and Liverpool are doing with Adams thats so different?

And as for DJ Campbell, tell me again, as i really dont know why who he played for makes any difference to Holloway offering a 12th of the price he paid in the end?

I know you dont like to deal in facts, just "gossip".

You seem to have missed my point about the fact that he may be showing respect to managers that have done the same to him - you missing the point is however not suprising to me!

I was not aware the manager usual values of makes the offers for a player - do they? I was working on the wild wild assumption they identified a player and someone from the board handle the acquisition. Would you agree?

With regards to DJ Campbell you have yet again missed the point. My point was that DJ Campbell was not a player that was featuring for Derby, were as Adams is the key player for Blackpool therefore is likely to draw more concern when approached. Simplified for you it is like someone offering a pish amount of say Ewan Moyes if we let him go for a good bad or indifferent price it would make no odds to Hibs, if the same approach came for a player that was a starting 11 it is very different - would you not agree?

My further point was of course it could be the manor in which they approached the offer, again you have chosen to miss that bit.

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2011, 07:32 PM
I know you dont like to deal in facts, just "gossip".

You seem to have missed my point about the fact that he may be showing respect to managers that have done the same to him - you missing the point is however not suprising to me!

I was not aware the manager usual values of makes the offers for a player - do they? I was working on the wild wild assumption they identified a player and someone from the board handle the acquisition. Would you agree?

With regards to DJ Campbell you have yet again missed the point. My point was that DJ Campbell was not a player that was featuring for Derby, were as Adams is the key player for Blackpool therefore is likely to draw more concern when approached. Simplified for you it is like someone offering a pish amount of say Ewan Moyes if we let him go for a good bad or indifferent price it would make no odds to Hibs, if the same approach came for a player that was a starting 11 it is very different - would you not agree?

My further point was of course it could be the manor in which they approached the offer, again you have chosen to miss that bit.

Again more poop, now it seems an insulting offer is only an insulting offer if the player is a main man in the team. Going by that then, if i go to the Rolls Royce garage and offer them a pound for a traded in 3 year old rolls thats never going to be put on the showroom, that not an unacceptable offer, or an insult. Pish pish and more pish.

Sylar
31-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Anyone see him being interviewed about his fine for fielding a "weakened side"?

He was bang on the money IMO :agree:

iwasthere1972
31-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Anyone see him being interviewed about his fine for fielding a "weakened side"?

He was bang on the money IMO :agree:

Just seen his press conference on SSN speaking about loan signing of Andy Reid etc and the possible signings of two more players.

"Everybody wants a bag of carrots and they may be a bag of carrots if you know what I mean. So we've managed to grab one - Thanks Andy that'll do.

:faf: :faf:

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Just seen his press conference on SSN speaking about loan signing of Andy Reid etc and the possible signings of two more players.

"Everybody wants a bag of carrots and they may be a bag of carrots if you know what I mean. So we've managed to grab one - Thanks Andy that'll do.

:faf: :faf:

Saw it earlier, he's getting dafter and dafter each interview he does. Funny though. :greengrin

ForeverHibs93
31-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Did he not say if the chairman wanted him to?

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Did he not say if the chairman wanted him to?

No.

ForeverHibs93
31-01-2011, 04:34 PM
No.
My mistake:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2011, 04:34 PM
My mistake:greengrin

:greengrin