PDA

View Full Version : Stack in goals on Wednesday

BigKev
25-01-2011, 07:55 AM
According to this (http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/225149/Calderwood-swoops-to-strengthen-struggling-Hibs/) article Calderwood is keen to see all 3 keepers in action. Surely he's seen enough of Smith in the previous two games to have come to a judgement that he's pish. Stack time on Wednesday?

Hope so!

Matty_Jack04
25-01-2011, 07:59 AM
used to like stack, but without any proof i have strong feelings he's been taking the colin nish, i'd rather cc and brown put the handbags away and brown was between the sticks, its for the greater good

lord bunberry
25-01-2011, 08:10 AM
I thought stack was injured

just_joe
25-01-2011, 08:13 AM
I like Stack but obviously would prefer Brown in goals. If CC and MB have fallen out then it looks obvious that Stack will start on Wednesday. Ive a feeling none of our 3 goalkeepers will be at Easter Road next season so calderwood is just mixing and matching....maybe that's what brown doesn't like? Hes been in good form and feels he shouldn't be dropped. Not saying thats the case but if it is then I don't blame Brown for having a pop.

BigKev
25-01-2011, 08:13 AM

Been on the bench the past couple of matches and played against Newcastle in the friendly.

Forza Fred
25-01-2011, 08:17 AM
According to this (http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/225149/Calderwood-swoops-to-strengthen-struggling-Hibs/) article Calderwood is keen to see all 3 keepers in action. Surely he's seen enough of Smith in the previous two games to have come to a judgement that he's pish. Stack time on Wednesday?

Hope so!

Surely now is not teh teim to eb experimenting, hoping to identify the best goalie?

Points are what are needed.

I'm afraid I'm running out of patience with Calderwood.

I think Brown has proven himself ot be a capable goalie.

So what happens, he gets punted last week and Smith has a howler.

There is a time for looking at players and working out what they are like.

Its called training.

Our next few games are not freindlies, or meaningless game - they may determine whether we get enough points to stay up or not.

Brown should be recalled., now is not the time for 'trials'

Famous Fiver
25-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Stack's performance at Tynie last year when he lost a goal at his near post was enough for me to write him off.

Brown is the only decent senior goalie we have and should be playing. End of.

Saorsa
25-01-2011, 08:42 AM
I thought stack was injuredIf he had two broken arms he'd still be a better option than Smith. Anyway it's time for Calderwood tae stop ****in' about and get Brown back in.

blackpoolhibs
25-01-2011, 08:58 AM
If he had two broken arms he'd still be a better option than Smith. Anyway it's time for Calderwood tae stop ****in' about and get Brown back in.

A traffic cone would be better than that clown, in fact i'd go as far and say Maka and Zibi are much better keepers than him.:grr:

Calderwoods taking the pish if he plays Smith ever again.

Purehibee_MYB
25-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Nah, lets just put Brown back in nets...

Judas Iscariot
25-01-2011, 09:27 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:aGOOTo_dDhZm5M::www.fishing4fun.co.uk/fishing-diaries/stewarts-blog/august-down-at-the-barns&t=1&usg=AFrqEzdWP9Gs4WQBHA6jf5J2HywhUu0cgw

Green_one
25-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Surely now is not teh teim to eb experimenting, hoping to identify the best goalie?
Our next few games are not freindlies, or meaningless game - they may determine whether we get enough points to stay up or not.

:agree: This is getting silly. Our defence needs consistancy, not changing goalkeepers all the time. One look at Smith should have been enough to dump him for all time. Now we are about to try out two other keepers?!!! IMHO Brown is our best option Use him. We have no margins for experimenting.
Serious question : Is CC capable to making his mind up about players??

Craig_in_Prague
25-01-2011, 09:33 AM
I seen the goals from Sat for 1st time this morning.

Deary deary **** dear. What was that 1st goal all about.
Smith must be doubling his wages and throwing games. I'm sorry but I don't see any other teams losing goals like we do with this clown in goals.
And finally when it looks like we've a decent keeper in goals who's playing pretty consistently well, we drop him. FFS Hibs, we're certainly making it as hard as possible for ourselves!

Smith should GTF and if CC plays him 1 more time, I'm afraid he'll turn the fans on him... and rightly so.

blackpoolhibs
25-01-2011, 09:38 AM
I seen the goals from Sat for 1st time this morning.

Deary deary **** dear. What was that 1st goal all about.
Smith must be doubling his wages and throwing games. I'm sorry but I don't see any other teams losing goals like we do with this clown in goals.
And finally when it looks like we've a decent keeper in goals who's playing pretty consistently well, we drop him. FFS Hibs, we're certainly making it as hard as possible for ourselves!

Smith should GTF and if CC plays him 1 more time, I'm afraid he'll turn the fans on him... and rightly so.

Look at the 2nd goal again. The header was from under 6 yards out, a decent keeper would have been there punching the ball away. The 1st goal is just ridiculous.:grr:

nortonhibby
25-01-2011, 09:44 AM
:agree: This is getting silly. Our defence needs consistancy, not changing goalkeepers all the time. One look at Smith should have been enough to dump him for all time. Now we are about to try out two other keepers?!!! IMHO Brown is our best option Use him. We have no margins for experimenting.
Serious question : Is CC capable to making his mind up about players??

It would appear there is a problem between CC and MB And it is unlikely MB Will play again we all know Smith is rank so only optoion left is Stack Decision Made for CC.

GreenPJ
25-01-2011, 09:48 AM
It would appear there is a problem between CC and MB And it is unlikely MB Will play again we all know Smith is rank so only optoion left is Stack Decision Made for CC.

Has anyone confirmed that MB and CC have had a falling out? If so is he definitely on the way out?

I hope its not true as I think he is a good goalie but if CC is never going to play him again then may as well punt him this window.

HibeeMG
25-01-2011, 10:01 AM
A traffic cone would be better than that clown, in fact i'd go as far and say Maka and Zibi are much better keepers than him.:grr:

Calderwoods taking the pish if he plays Smith ever again.

Behave!

As bad (and he is really, really bad!) as Smith is, he will never, ever hit the heights of utter *****eness that Mr Zibi did!

I give you the SC Semi as evidence.

Cropley10
25-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Has anyone confirmed that MB and CC have had a falling out? If so is he definitely on the way out?

I hope its not true as I think he is a good goalie but if CC is never going to play him again then may as well punt him this window.

No. No-one has confirmed anything about a fall-out. But it will grow arms and legs on here, like the Miller to Hearts story at NY.

ivan03
25-01-2011, 10:03 AM
i think brown is a great keeper, he'll save alot of free kicks, one on ones, hes a good shot stopper..... BUT when it comes to kicking, and commanding your area, Stack is better. Brown bottles it so come out in a group of players and punch the ball, where Stacky is a total nutter!!! and possibly we would benefit more from that!???

blackpoolhibs
25-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Behave!

As bad (and he is really, really bad!) as Smith is, he will never, ever hit the heights of utter *****eness that Mr Zibi did!

I give you the SC Semi as evidence.

Honestly pal, i firmly believe Smith is worse than those clowns, he's that bad imo. :boo hoo:

GreenCastle
25-01-2011, 10:06 AM

Points are what are needed.

I'm afraid I'm running out of patience with Calderwood.

I think Brown has proven himself ot be a capable goalie.

So what happens, he gets punted last week and Smith has a howler.

There is a time for looking at players and working out what they are like.

Its called training.

:aok::agree:

The best complete keeper is Brown
Stack No2
Smith - useless - many of the players are better than this guy in goals.

All have weaknesses -

Brown - kicking off the ground and punting - solution pass it out short or throw it.

Stack - never comes for crosses - slower reflexes than Brown

Smith - where do I start - the guy throws games every time we play Motherwell.

J-C
25-01-2011, 10:08 AM

He was, he done his wrist in by picking up his pint too quick in a pub in George St, was told by the physio to stick to nips as they're lighter and won't give him as much grief. :greengrin

truehibernian
25-01-2011, 10:10 AM
I wouldn't lose any sleep whatsoever if we let all three keepers go, and at least get a fee for the best one in Brown.

For me Szamo was the best keeper we have had in the last 4 seasons for a variety of reasons.

He came with experience. He came with reputation. He had character in the "Grobbelaar" mould, but he shouted, swore and single handedly ruled that penalty area.....the defenders looked assured when he was there in other words.

Would you as a defender be confident passing back to Brown ?

Would you as a team feel confident your keeper was going to come for a cross, corner or set piece with Smith ?

Would you feel confident with Stack.......wait a minute, how do they know, he has always been "injured" ?

Time for Hibernian to get tough all over the pitch and that includes the ridicuous "keeper school" that Hughes brought together. Two good, commanding, experienced first team keepers, one youth understudy......that is all we need as an SPL club.

brog
25-01-2011, 10:14 AM
We need to keep the heid here!
Story 1 - Brown was dropped - started with Sky Sports at Ayr at same time they were telling us Chris Smith was in goals!! If he was dropped I would expect to see him on bench.
Story 2 - Brown & CC have fallen out. Absolutely no evidence so far but let's just accept it as fact.
Story 3 - Brown is injured, much more plausible IMO. People will say then why don't we say so but if his injury is in leg & affecting his kicking why give opposition the info & a chance to target him? Remember the farce with the Mad Monk a couple of seasons ago?

The next think we know we'll start believing that Yams have 400,000 fans & are European champs, they are aren't they?? :wink:

PS, my dug's better than GS & I don't have a dug!

Pretty Boy
25-01-2011, 10:17 AM
:aok::agree:

The best complete keeper is Brown
Stack No2
Smith - useless - many of the players are better than this guy in goals.

All have weaknesses -

Brown - kicking off the ground and punting - solution pass it out short or throw it.

Stack - never comes for crosses - slower reflexes than Brown

Smith - where do I start - the guy throws games every time we play Motherwell, Hearts, St Johnstone, Maribor, Ross County and Ayr.

Sorted for you.

Gettin' Auld
25-01-2011, 10:21 AM
used to like stack, but without any proof i have strong feelings he's been taking the colin nish
I see him quite a lot and the back problem is genuine, it's bad and i've seen him almost unable to even walk at times. He knows that his contract isn't being renewed and he's leaving Easter Rd.

Nice guy and decent keeper, but he's no good to us wi that back problem.

GreenCastle
25-01-2011, 11:35 AM
I wouldn't lose any sleep whatsoever if we let all three keepers go, and at least get a fee for the best one in Brown.

For me Szamo was the best keeper we have had in the last 4 seasons for a variety of reasons.

He came with experience. He came with reputation. He had character in the "Grobbelaar" mould, but he shouted, swore and single handedly ruled that penalty area.....the defenders looked assured when he was there in other words.

Would you as a defender be confident passing back to Brown ?

Would you as a team feel confident your keeper was going to come for a cross, corner or set piece with Smith ?

Would you feel confident with Stack.......wait a minute, how do they know, he has always been "injured" ?

Time for Hibernian to get tough all over the pitch and that includes the ridicuous "keeper school" that Hughes brought together. Two good, commanding, experienced first team keepers, one youth understudy......that is all we need as an SPL club.

Never known a club like it to have such problems finding a goalkeeper.

Compared to the yams who also seem to find good keepers from no where :confused:

BEEJ
25-01-2011, 01:09 PM
From today's EEN ...

Asked if Smith was now his No.1, Calderwood said: "I have three goalkeepers I am looking at. I have told them what is going to happen, they will all be getting their opportunity and Graeme Smith is having his opportunity at the minute."

The Evening News understands Smith will face Rangers in tomorrow night's SPL clash at Easter Road ....

:no way: :no way: :eek:

Hibstrooper
25-01-2011, 01:17 PM
From today's EEN ...

:no way: :no way: :eek:

:bitchy: :boo hoo: :fuming: :worried: :Ummm: :furious: :panic:

That about sums up my feelings if true!

blackpoolhibs
25-01-2011, 01:18 PM
If Calderwood plays Smith tomorrow, imo he has no interest in Hibs playing their best side, and giving us the best chance of winning. In fact i'd go as far as saying he does not know what he's doing if he plays that clown.

smurf
25-01-2011, 01:21 PM
CC needs to start selecting our best 11 and sticking to it.

Mark Brown in goals.

The Harp
25-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Why the secrecy about this situation? Unless Brown is injured, he should be re-instated to the team. He's the only decent keeper we have, IMHO. If his non-appearance is due to a fall out wi' the manager then CC will need to get it sorted NOW! Failure to do so could ultimately cost him his job as Smith and Stack aren't up to it.

GreenCastle
25-01-2011, 01:43 PM
If Smith plays, Rangers will score at least 1 possibly 6.

CC don't do it please :fuming:

If CC is trying to change the culture and has fallen out with Brown - then fair enough...BUT I would rather play Flynn if Stack isn't fit.

Anyone know much about how Flynn is doing ?

silverhibee
25-01-2011, 01:49 PM
If Calderwood plays Smith tomorrow, imo he has no interest in Hibs playing their best side, and giving us the best chance of winning. In fact i'd go as far as saying he does not know what he's doing if he plays that clown.

I think he is now trying his best to get sacked.

truehibernian
25-01-2011, 02:21 PM

Far from it SH, I think CC knows exactly the failings at the club. I don't think anyone could hang their hat on any of our keepers, they all have faults. Smith is very poor at set pieces yet quite a good direct shot stopper. Brown makes some incredible saves, yet his distribution and kicking from being under no pressure is the worst in the SPL. Stack.......his injury record for me says it all. A salary that could have been put to use elsewhere.

CC has given, and is giving, every single player at this football club the chance to step up to the mark and win games, earn a contract, play for that jersey. Not one of them this last wee while merits being on the team sheet without a thought !

Stevie Kirk said he did the same at Northampton. He likes real professionals and one's who give their all. Some may just be getting found out and don't like it......who knows.

smurf
25-01-2011, 02:31 PM

You really think that?

A concerning comment from you....

blackpoolhibs
25-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Far from it SH, I think CC knows exactly the failings at the club. I don't think anyone could hang their hat on any of our keepers, they all have faults. Smith is very poor at set pieces yet quite a good direct shot stopper. Brown makes some incredible saves, yet his distribution and kicking from being under no pressure is the worst in the SPL. Stack.......his injury record for me says it all. A salary that could have been put to use elsewhere.

CC has given, and is giving, every single player at this football club the chance to step up to the mark and win games, earn a contract, play for that jersey. Not one of them this last wee while merits being on the team sheet without a thought !

Stevie Kirk said he did the same at Northampton. He likes real professionals and one's who give their all. Some may just be getting found out and don't like it......who knows.

I agree he's very poor at set pieces, but i also think he's very poor at kicking and saving the ball. He's an awful keeper, worse than zibi or maka. How CC thinks he's ever at the level to be given a chance as our number 1 is beyond me. Especially in our predicament.

JimBHibees
25-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Why the secrecy about this situation? Unless Brown is injured, he should be re-instated to the team. He's the only decent keeper we have, IMHO. If his non-appearance is due to a fall out wi' the manager then CC will need to get it sorted NOW! Failure to do so could ultimately cost him his job as Smith and Stack aren't up to it.

Maybe that is the issue he maybe has an injury which affects his kicking. Thigh or hamstring strain and he needs a rest. Stack has been out for ages and may not be up to speed at present thus leaving Smith.

Personally would be trying to fast track the Czeck goalie if he is any good.

TornadoHibby
25-01-2011, 02:55 PM
I agree he's very poor at set pieces, but i also think he's very poor at kicking and saving the ball. He's an awful keeper, worse than zibi or maka. How CC thinks he's ever at the level to be given a chance as our number 1 is beyond me. Especially in our predicament.

You must be on the wind up if you think it's even remotely appropriate to mention Zibi and Maka as being "alike" never mind mentioning their names in the same sentence! :confused: :cool2:

Smith is indeed worse than Zibi and significantly less talented than Maka! :wink:

Stack on the other hand will stand on his line tomorrow night watching Weiss and Davis firing crosses in towards the Hun forwards looking to score with a header from around 8 yds and do nothing until the header is net bound! :confused:

He's as bad as Smith IMO! :agree:

truehibernian
25-01-2011, 02:57 PM

When Graham Smith first came in BH I think he had some really good performances. The Hearts game he was solid, he made some fine saves v Irvine Meadow of all teams to keep us at 0-0, and I am sure v St Mirren when Bamba scored the O.G he pulled off a couple of good stops to keep us at 1-0 down.

You are right though, his confidence is shot and I can only assume that he was showing up well in training and he told CC he was up to the task prior to Ayr.

Brown's kicking has been utterly woeful and continually put our backline under needless pressure, sometimes at the edge of our own box.....dare I say perhaps the needless concession of a corner v Celtic when lord only knows what he was doing, sealed his fate.......I didn't see any injury. But if you concede cheap corners, throw-in's and possession, we are a side that will get punished.

Here is hoping he gets a really strong, commanding keeper in though.

nortonhibby
25-01-2011, 03:02 PM

Stack must be injured and with the dispute with Brown on going ( or so the rumours are saying ) there is no option other than to play Smith:confused:

GreenCastle
25-01-2011, 03:08 PM
When Graham Smith first came in BH I think he had some really good performances. The Hearts game he was solid, he made some fine saves v Irvine Meadow of all teams to keep us at 0-0, and I am sure v St Mirren when Bamba scored the O.G he pulled off a couple of good stops to keep us at 1-0 down.

You are right though, his confidence is shot and I can only assume that he was showing up well in training and he told CC he was up to the task prior to Ayr.

Brown's kicking has been utterly woeful and continually put our backline under needless pressure, sometimes at the edge of our own box.....dare I say perhaps the needless concession of a corner v Celtic when lord only knows what he was doing, sealed his fate.......I didn't see any injury. But if you concede cheap corners, throw-in's and possession, we are a side that will get punished.

Here is hoping he gets a really strong, commanding keeper in though.

Smith had a similar instance against Ayr in the replay - when he tried to catch / chest it in the 1st half and it went out for a corner - you thought to yourself - seriously what are you doing ? :rolleyes:

silverhibee
25-01-2011, 03:41 PM

Yes i agree with you regarding the goalies, but Brown is the best keeper wee have got and he should be our no1, yes Browns kicking has been poor, maybe a confidence thing with him, dont know, if Smith is in goals tomorrow and i think he will be, wee could be in for a humping of the huns, Smith has done nothing in the last two games for him to keep his place in the team, as for Stack agree with you 100%.

The second part, yes you are correct again, he has gave the whole squad a chance to prove what they can do and correctly so and not many have taken there opportunity since he came to the club back in October, surley he must have a rough idea about his starting 11 by now and maybe play it more than once, there is a time when he has to stop all this shuffling the pack and go with 11 players for the rest of the season that he can trust to get us out the whole wee are in, but he is still changing the team week after week.

silverhibee
25-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Smith had a similar instance against Ayr in the replay - when he tried to catch / chest it in the 1st half and it went out for a corner - you thought to yourself - seriously what are you doing ? :rolleyes:

That mistake alone should have been enough for him to be dropped for the Motherwell game.

GreenCastle
25-01-2011, 03:58 PM
That mistake alone should have been enough for him to be dropped for the Motherwell game.

:agree:

FromTheCapital
25-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Stack's a good goalkeeper but is pretty Injury Prone but still would like to see him between the sticks....

At The Edge
25-01-2011, 04:07 PM
What was the last game that Stack played in for us in the SPL?
Seems like its been ages?

Pretty Boy
25-01-2011, 04:18 PM
What was the last game that Stack played in for us in the SPL?
Seems like its been ages?

1st game of the season away at Motherwell.

greenlex
25-01-2011, 04:23 PM
1st game of the season away at Motherwell.
I think that was last time Liam Miller played too. :agree:

truehibernian
25-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Yes i agree with you regarding the goalies, but Brown is the best keeper wee have got and he should be our no1, yes Browns kicking has been poor, maybe a confidence thing with him, dont know, if Smith is in goals tomorrow and i think he will be, wee could be in for a humping of the huns, Smith has done nothing in the last two games for him to keep his place in the team, as for Stack agree with you 100%.

The second part, yes you are correct again, he has gave the whole squad a chance to prove what they can do and correctly so and not many have taken there opportunity since he came to the club back in October, surley he must have a rough idea about his starting 11 by now and maybe play it more than once, there is a time when he has to stop all this shuffling the pack and go with 11 players for the rest of the season that he can trust to get us out the whole wee are in, but he is still changing the team week after week.

I agree regards the shuffling.......this last couple of games there have been some baffling selections admittedly.

It is a shame that big Trakys picked up an injury after the Well game at ER. I thought Derek looked like he enjoyed the big man being alongside and actually found those little spaces that Derek does as a result of Trakys doing the dirty work really well.....flick on's, tackles, closing down centre halves and full backs, etc.

I do like Galbraith though, although I do think he is an impact player at this stage and needs to develop. In no way though is Derek a lone striker.

But what do you do when you are leaking goals so badly. He has tried to shore up the midfield in number, but not quality, as he simply doesn't have it (quality I mean). In that sense, it does look thrown together, but you can see that he is thinking about not conceding as against going up the pitch and scoring......nothing was more evident than Celtic at home recently.

Nish is simply atrocious on all levels this season. Lacks intelligence, strays offside, always on his backside instead of standing tall and being tough.

Duffy......struggle to see where the pace is, yet he has a good first touch and looks direct when given the ball to run with.

I just look at who we are signing, and who we have on trial, and see that CC is doing what we all want him to do, and trying to strengthen the areas we all seem to agree need urgent attention.

That is why I worry for Derek in a way.......I don't think he fits into a CC team (and I will whisper it mate......I think I agree :tin hat:)

DH1875
25-01-2011, 07:11 PM

Hope so!

No chance. If Brown is fit he has to start. FFS we are in the middle of a relegation battle, not a time to be messing around with the keepers.

Baldy Foghorn
25-01-2011, 07:35 PM
The Evening News "understands" that Smith will be between the sticks for us tomorrow.....

sahib
26-01-2011, 12:05 AM

Hope so!

Stack is fairly pish anaw but.

Bad Martini
26-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Stack is starting tonight.

TamHibs
26-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Maybe because of the seriousness of the situation re Hearts being so close to Rangers at the top I would take a wee loss tonight...

Or maybe that's just a stupid statement? I for one never want to see Hibs lose, Hearts 'title challenge' will take care of itself over the next few weeks.....

Wotherspiniesta
26-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Maybe because of the seriousness of the situation re Hearts being so close to Rangers at the top I would take a wee loss tonight...

Trolling is against:hnet: rules.

Bad Martini
26-01-2011, 12:12 PM

Would rather pickle ma baws in vinegar than take a loss to them regardless of what it means for hearts or anyone else.

ENDOF

Hamish
26-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Would rather pickle ma baws in vinegar than take a loss to them regardless of what it means for hearts or anyone else.

ENDOF

This new year resolution of saying what you mean clearly isn't working

Bad Martini
26-01-2011, 12:22 PM
This new year resolution of saying what you mean clearly isn't working

:greengrin :aok:

silverhibee
26-01-2011, 11:44 PM

And i still believe this.