PDA

View Full Version : Creating solid foundations

Iain G
25-01-2011, 03:19 AM
With Thornhill (almost) signed up and Martin looking likely, you can see that CC is trying to set a solid foundation to his team, these 2 players are being touted as the energetic, competitive players that Hibs have been missing for way too long now, if we get both they give us a strong midfield platform to base our attacking play from, allowing the likes of Zouma and co to go forward with the knowledge that these guys are holding the fort in there.

He is trying to galvanise us and get Hibs in a position to be up for the fight and not just meekly be run over by the opposition.

Would like to see CC create the spine of a team, lets get hard to beat first and take it from there, if he can get a no nonsense centre back in and a strong forward who can hold the ball up and win the ball in the air then I'd be a lot more positive about the run in this season. :agree:

lord bunberry
25-01-2011, 03:34 AM
With Thornhill (almost) signed up and Martin looking likely, you can see that CC is trying to set a solid foundation to his team, these 2 players are being touted as the energetic, competitive players that Hibs have been missing for way too long now, if we get both they give us a strong midfield platform to base our attacking play from, allowing the likes of Zouma and co to go forward with the knowledge that these guys are holding the fort in there.

He is trying to galvanise us and get Hibs in a position to be up for the fight and not just meekly be run over by the opposition.

Would like to see CC create the spine of a team, lets get hard to beat first and take it from there, if he can get a no nonsense centre back in and a strong forward who can hold the ball up and win the ball in the air then I'd be a lot more positive about the run in this season. :agree:

I hope your right mate I'm feeling a bit more positive today we also need to sort out the goalkeeping situation if brown is not injured then he needs to be playing