PDA

View Full Version : Whither the Plastic Jambo on Real Radio?

crewetollhibee
25-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Haven't listened for a long time now, but the wife left car radio on Real Radio. First voice I heard was a caller saying how much better the show is without that tool Cameron. Is this a permanent switch ? Maybe Roughie will miss his wee sparring partner ? Anyone know ?

Removed
25-01-2011, 12:11 AM
Promoted to breakfast show

iwasthere1972
25-01-2011, 12:12 AM
Haven't listened for a long time now, but the wife left car radio on Real Radio. First voice I heard was a caller saying how much better the show is without that tool Cameron. Is this a permanent switch ? Maybe Roughie will miss his wee sparring partner ? Anyone know ?

Just had a wee Google.

Cameron is now leaving sport to co-host Real Radio’s Breakfast Show alongside Cat Harvey.

Franck Stanton
25-01-2011, 12:18 AM
Good, couldnae stand the twat, In fact stopped listening to Real Radio because o' him.

:bye::bye::bye::soapbox::bye::bye::bye:

delbert
25-01-2011, 12:35 AM
I stopped listening to Real Radio because it is utter weedgie drivel, only thing remotely worthwhile and even half intelligent on it was Robin Galloway at his best, the rest of it is pure cack!!

crewetollhibee
25-01-2011, 12:41 AM
Ta peeps. Haven't listened for a long time (since it in effect became the Ewan Cameron Show). May give it another wee try tomorrow.

Speedy
25-01-2011, 12:41 AM
I stopped listening to Real Radio because it is utter weedgie drivel, only thing remotely worthwhile and even half intelligent on it was Robin Galloway at his best, the rest of it is pure cack!!

I don't mind the football phone in when I'm in the car but they might as well rename it the "Celtic and Rangers phone in" or perhaps "Celtic and Rangers moaning" because all you get is old firm fans whinging about something.

Lofarl
25-01-2011, 02:45 AM

This. Plus the god awful jingles.

cabbageandribs1875
25-01-2011, 04:28 AM

galloway got sacked http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2010/11/06/radio-star-robin-galloway-and-producer-sacked-after-naked-prank-during-ed-miliband-visit-86908-22696433/

as for spewin ewan, he could sound like an excitable little 10 year old at times, i've not listened to the phone-in programme for months because of that :jamboclow

jae
25-01-2011, 05:04 AM
Sportsound on 810MW is much better

Hamish
25-01-2011, 07:16 AM
Sportsound on 810MW is much better

Much better than what? A sharp stick up your nose perhaps, but it's a close call.

TornadoHibby
25-01-2011, 07:31 AM

:agree:

I used to listen to it on the way into work every week-day morning but haven't since Robin Galloway was fired! :cool2:

He was the reason most breakfast show listeners tuned in IMO! :agree:

.Sean.
25-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Who replaced him on the phone-in? I hate Real Radio. Both the morning and home-time shows are presented by full-of-themselves dobbers and downright cringeworthy 'banter'.

TheEastTerrace
25-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Guy called Mark Benstead.

He's more tolerable than Cameron by a country mile but I'm afraid you'll never escape the whining weegies on the phone greetin about Celtic this, and Rangers that. Only now and again do you get a decent call and debate.

Sportsound no better, unless Jim Spence is on, who I think is pretty under-rated in sports broadcasting.

Never listened to Clyde Super Scoreboard, but then as I hate Keevins with a passion, I wouldn't even give ti the time of day.

Five Live used to be decent but then that erse Tim Lovejoy got involved and it all became about him.

DCI Gene Hunt
25-01-2011, 12:34 PM

Eloquently put delbert. :agree: Pish music, pish presenters, pish phone-in, pish footy chat, pish Weegie Radio Wind-Up (stopped being funny after the first couple of times), to sum up, pish. :zzzzz!:

G

jacomo
25-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Guy called Mark Benstead.

He's more tolerable than Cameron by a country mile but I'm afraid you'll never escape the whining weegies on the phone greetin about Celtic this, and Rangers that. Only now and again do you get a decent call and debate.

Sportsound no better, unless Jim Spence is on, who I think is pretty under-rated in sports broadcasting.

Never listened to Clyde Super Scoreboard, but then as I hate Keevins with a passion, I wouldn't even give ti the time of day.

Five Live used to be decent but then that erse Tim Lovejoy got involved and it all became about him.

Fortunately, I think they've realised the error of their ways and emptied him. No one on there knows much about Scottish football, though.