PDA

View Full Version : Adam Rooney

Ferryhibby
24-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Ive been up in Aviemore for the past week but heard on fri on Moray Firth Fadio that we were in talks with him, confirmed by Butcher, but wher i was staying radion reception was crap so heard nuthin else til i got home today are we any further forward?

3pm
24-01-2011, 08:58 PM
No!

DCI Gene Hunt
24-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Hmm, no news as yet here in Caley Country, will keep a listening watch on MFR for any updates. :agree:

G

jonny
24-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Ive been up in Aviemore for the past week but heard on fri on Moray Firth Fadio that we were in talks with him, confirmed by Butcher, but wher i was staying radion reception was crap so heard nuthin else til i got home today are we any further forward?

http://www.highland-news.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/8682/Hibs_in_move_for_ICT_star_Rooney.html

We were in talks on Wednesday and Butcher reckoned something might happen this week. Hope we get him.

Judas Iscariot
24-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Think he'll be signed in time to play the Huns on Wednesday

jonny
24-01-2011, 11:11 PM
Think he'll be signed in time to play the Huns on Wednesday

Initially it seemed to be some sort of pre-contract to get him in the summer, if he signs that then there's a chance we'll be able to pay a nominal fee and get him now. I don't think it'll be sealed in time for Wednesday but you never know.

ScottB
24-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Thought folk were saying on here earlier he'd pulled out of coming to us?

Pretty Boy
24-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Thought folk were saying on here earlier he'd pulled out of coming to us?

I think it's a case of nobody really knows for sure.

After Butcher confirmed 'something' was happening i think some folk maybe expected a deal announced quickly or a starement from him saying he wasn't coming but the continuing silence means people start getting edgy and impatient and maybe start making assumptions.

Personally i think Rooney will be holding off to see everything that is available to him, Inverness have, according to them, offered him a deal that is one of the best they have ever offered, we have spoken to him and i think that Russian team and Young Boys have also spoken to him. It's a lot for a young guy to decide and i wouldn't be being to hasty if i was him.

Franck Stanton
24-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Now I dont know whether or not he is signing for us, hope he does, but as for ICT having offered him the best terms they have ever offered a player, well , if it was a Hibs player [ say Deek}, as a supporter you would want to hear that the club were doing everything in their power to keep him and thats what I think ICT are doing, knowing full well he is ofski. Just depends on when , now or at end of season. Just my opinion .

Ferryhibby
25-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Think if all the players we had lost out on because of finances this one would piss me off if we cant match what caley are paying then our ambition would be zero, the russians are a different prospect they can offer more money, but would he want to go over ther and play on artificial surfaces same with Young boys, since we seem to be the only other club that has made an official approach then its up to you Mr Petrie.

marinello59
25-01-2011, 08:25 AM
Think if all the players we had lost out on because of finances this one would piss me off if we cant match what caley are paying then our ambition would be zero, the russians are a different prospect they can offer more money, but would he want to go over ther and play on artificial surfaces same with Young boys, since we seem to be the only other club that has made an official approach then its up to you Mr Petrie.

It's not a case of matching what Caley are paying him though is it?

Houchy
25-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Someone was telling me that they seen on Teletext that he was expected to sign today:confused:

Not checked it yet though so I may be wrong.

Houchy
25-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Someone was telling me that they seen on Teletext that he was expected to sign today:confused:

Not checked it yet though so I may be wrong.

Sorry folks, just got the chance to look and it's P***. He got mixed up with the Ross County guy.

Kaiser1962
25-01-2011, 03:20 PM
It's not a case of matching what Caley are paying him though is it?

I think his head has been turned by offers of riches in the summer, with no transfer fee payable, if he runs his contract down. I was told, probably pish mind, that ICT are looking for £300k to allow him to move now and even then he might not be keen given the wages he has been led to believe will be his elsewhere if he waits till the summer.

Makes sense though I suppose.

Jim44
25-01-2011, 03:33 PM

It would be a big decision for Rooney to make to come to ER. The money issue is a consideration but, more importantly, he's presently with a club which is safe from relegation and, with Butcher there, likely to continue safely in the SPL for the foreseeable future. Relegation is, even with a couple of new faces, a real possibility for us and the guy might not be willing to take the gamble. I wouldn't be surprised to see him going elsewhere.

Hibby K
25-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Amidst all the clamour to sign Adam Rooney has anyone actually noticed that other than a solitary Scottish Cup goal against mighty Elgin City he hasn't actually scored for over 2 months and that was the hat-trick against Hibs!
Although I'm sure he will come good again is he really the immediate answer to our goalscoring problems or will he be just another misfiring Hibs striker (if he signs)?

Hibee87
25-01-2011, 03:37 PM
It would be a big decision for Rooney to make to come to ER. The money issue is a consideration but, more importantly, he's presently with a club which is safe from relegation and, with Butcher there, likely to continue safely in the SPL for the foreseeable future. Relegation is, even with a couple of new faces, a real possibility for us and the guy might not be willing to take the gamble. I wouldn't be surprised to see him going elsewhere.

Id imagine if we sign him it will be on a pre contract with a clause to get out IF we are relegated. this way he will see out this season with inverness and be signed up for us next season if we survive the drop.
I recon CC will probibly see duffy and thompson (depending he signs) as goo enogh to keep us up just now then duffy goes back in the summer in comes rooney. just my opinion if he signs atall :wink:

Kaiser1962
25-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Amidst all the clamour to sign Adam Rooney has anyone actually noticed that other than a solitary Scottish Cup goal against mighty Elgin City he hasn't actually scored for over 2 months and that was the hat-trick against Hibs!
Although I'm sure he will come good again is he really the immediate answer to our goalscoring problems or will he be just another misfiring Hibs striker (if he signs)?

Fair points. If he played for us he would be getting booed of the park right now.

smurf
25-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Fair points. If he played for us he would be getting booed of the park right now.

Or the many as with Derek Riordan would question the supply he was getting?

Rooney is a player I really hope we get in this month.

If we are it won't be concluded until the eleventh hour that's for sure...

CRAZYHIBBY
25-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Rooney was suposedly wary of commiting due to our league position but will wait and see what happens before making up his mind. either way it wouldnt have happened untill the summer and hibs were going to look elsewhere for someone to come in till the end of the season

FromTheCapital
25-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Rooney moving to Hibs from Inverness, I think would be a step foward in his career.

I know I.C.T are flying high and are doing better than Hibs but when we get our confidence back and start winning matches then we are European Contenders because we've got the players but alot of them are playing for the money, TBH !

Look at Liam Miller, Half-hearted in every tackle..... It's just not good enough.

But looking at his form and goalscoring record that's just what we need...

So I'd take him at Hibs every day of the week.

:flag:

hibeefan95
25-01-2011, 06:48 PM
I really cant see adam rooney signing to be fair, especially when teams like QPR have been linked with him???:taxi:confused:

--------
25-01-2011, 07:23 PM

Not really whether we can match ICT - more whether we can match the terms others are offering him - QPR and Young Boys Berne are allegedly in the ring, and they could offer a lot more than we can, unfortunately.

Just have to wait and see....

Leishy1995
25-01-2011, 11:08 PM
The SPL's Darren Bent signing, here's hoping. 4 in 2 days, im happy with that.

Alex Trager
26-01-2011, 01:47 PM
In regards to the spl's Darren bent signing that's what I said, last week I've also stated we are the Aston villa of this season, both doing very crappy

Purehibee_MYB
28-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Inverness have just signed Burnley Forward McDonald on loan...

Think of it what you want!

Winston Ingram
28-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Inverness have just signed Burnley Forward McDonald on loan...

Think of it what you want!

Kevin McDonald? If it is, he's a midfielder not a forward so I think they've signed a midfielder

Storar
28-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Kevin McDonald? If it is, he's a midfielder not a forward so I think they've signed a midfielder

not him

Pretty Boy
28-01-2011, 04:32 PM

Alex McDonald. Definitely a striker.

Beefster
28-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Rooney signing wouldn't surprise me. If we let Riordan and Zemmama go before the end of the window, Hibs are going to need some good news to counter it.

Purehibee_MYB
28-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Rooney signing wouldn't surprise me. If we let Riordan and Zemmama go before the end of the window, Hibs are going to need some good news to counter it.

I can see Zemmama going, but I still can't see Deeks making the same mistake twice...but I have been surprised before so we'll see

Judas Iscariot
28-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Rooney to sign now would be just what the club and fans need..

Hope we're still in with a shout :pray:

jonny
28-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Rooney to sign now would be just what the club and fans need..

Hope we're still in with a shout :pray:

I've no idea how much money the russian mob offered him but Id imagine that it was a damn site more than we did.
Still, like you, I live in hope.

Purehibee_MYB
28-01-2011, 04:53 PM
I've no idea how much money the russian mob offered him but Id imagine that it was a damn site more than we did.

We might just be lucky enough that we are a scottish team... He might be like Riordan and not want to leave Scotland

Franck is God
28-01-2011, 04:58 PM

The Russian team may well be offering more money to ICT and to Rooney but he would still have to want to go there.

Obviously I don't know for sure but he may see Hibs as a better long term move, in recent history good young players have done well for themselves by coming to ER. If he comes we will pay him good money and Edinburgh is not a bad place to live especially if you have a few quid in your pocket.

SaulGoodman
28-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Hope to see some good news when I wake up on Monday :greengrin

--------
28-01-2011, 05:07 PM
The Russian team may well be offering more money to ICT and to Rooney but he would still have to want to go there.

Obviously I don't know for sure but he may see Hibs as a better long term move, in recent history good young players have done well for themselves by coming to ER. If he comes we will pay him good money and Edinburgh is not a bad place to live especially if you have a few quid in your pocket.

Not another "clubbing-and-boozing-till-five-in-the-morning" striker, please! :rolleyes:

I know what you mean, though - this would really be the icing on the cake for this window if he came to us. Can't quite see it, though...

Hibee Daz
28-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Not another "clubbing-and-boozing-till-five-in-the-morning" striker, please! :rolleyes:

I know what you mean, though - this would really be the icing on the cake for this window if he came to us. Can't quite see it, though...

Couldn't give a monkeys aboot his social life buddy, just so long as he bangs them in like Stokesy did!

Cannae see him coming either to be honest.

JimBHibees
28-01-2011, 05:33 PM
We might just be lucky enough that we are a scottish team... He might be like Riordan and not want to leave Scotland

He's Irish though isnt he.

BT58
28-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Hope to see some good news when I wake up on Monday :greengrin

You mean Tuesday
Window shuts Monday night

Leithenhibby
28-01-2011, 05:47 PM
You mean Tuesday
Window shuts Monday night

Last year was 5pm, naw?

Purehibee_MYB
28-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Last year was 5pm, naw?

That was due to the 31st being on a sunday...this year its on a monday so it closes at midnight

BEEJ
28-01-2011, 06:04 PM
That was due to the 31st being on a sunday...this year its on a monday so it closes at midnight
Closes at 11pm, apparently. (According to BBC Five Live)

Leithenhibby
28-01-2011, 06:16 PM

Closes at 11pm, apparently. (According to BBC Five Live)

Thought I heard on SSN that it is 11pm ... :cool2:

eastmainsmsh
28-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Be a good Signing Rooney ..... Hopefully we improve and Adam Rooney could help On the goals front if we can get him

BT58
28-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Be a good Signing Rooney ..... Hopefully we improve and Adam Rooney could help On the goals front if we can get him

do you honestly think that RP will splash cash for ROONEY,,,,,nah me neither
we can but dream
ROONEYS signing would lift the fans,,,,,,,, aint gonna happen
loved to be proven wrong tho

bigstu
28-01-2011, 07:51 PM
we can but dream

Well if he doesnt sign him then we could be in bother as we're not too good at scoring goals this season!

IWasThere2016
28-01-2011, 08:40 PM
ICT took Alex McDonald on loan fae Burnley today :cool2:

ScottB
28-01-2011, 08:46 PM
we can but dream

Where's the evidence that he wouldn't exactly? Don't get everyone buying wholesale into the idea that he wouldn't sanction spending when appropriate.

Stokes cost £300k, Riordan must have been around that, we just spent £100k on Scott, not seen if this boy from Liverpool cost anything, but still, the precedent is there, we have spent on players in the last few years.

If everyone thinks that Petrie is solely obsessed with the bottom line, then surely a £300k expense now is preferable to a £1million loss down the line?

Personally, I don't think we will get him because he will know he can move for free and make much more cash for himself in the summer.

bighairyfaeleith
28-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Checkout sky sports news :thumbsup:

Edinburgh Green
28-01-2011, 08:50 PM

Give us a clue.

greenlex
28-01-2011, 08:51 PM
ICT took Alex McDonald on loan fae Burnley today :cool2:
Is he not a bit passed it? I wonder if he's over Albert Kidds exploits in 86 yet?:greengrin

Dirkster23
28-01-2011, 08:51 PM

What's it saying?

bighairyfaeleith
28-01-2011, 08:52 PM
What's it saying?

Nae idea:greengrin

Houchy

I am but it's just English and celtc signing Commons stuff. We don't exist apparently.:rolleyes:

HibeeEmma

Celtic sign James Forrest? :confused:

W Brom sign Carlos Vela? :confused:

Pedantic_Hibee
28-01-2011, 08:54 PM
There's nowt on Sky Sports News :confused:

If we could get Rooney, Divis and a centre back (unless Palsson will be deployed there) then I will be delighted with our recent activity.

I'm quietly optimistic about each signing so far.

Dirkster23
28-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Nae idea:greengrin

Where's the your a dick smiley :greengrin

HibeeEmma
28-01-2011, 08:56 PM

I don't think that was the most brilliant post. Unless you are sky sports and their viewing rating has just increased rapidly

bighairyfaeleith
28-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Where's the your a dick smiley :greengrin

:greengrin sorry I was just bored reading all the negativity on here.

Dirkster23
28-01-2011, 09:06 PM
:greengrin sorry I was just bored reading all the negativity on here.

3 points on Sunday and Rooney in on Monday will get rid of the negativity (well, maybe for a day or two) :flag:

HibbyKeith
28-01-2011, 09:08 PM
There's nowt on Sky Sports News :confused:

If we could get Rooney, Divis and a centre back (unless Palsson will be deployed there) then I will be delighted with our recent activity.

I'm quietly optimistic about each signing so far.

Just watched Palsson's interview on HTV, he said that the manager plans to play him as a defensive midfielder and he was pleased as its his strongest position.

bighairyfaeleith
28-01-2011, 09:08 PM
3 points on Sunday and Rooney in on Monday will get rid of the negativity (well, maybe for a day or two) :flag:

Heres hoping, although even if we don't get him I'm still happy with our signings thus far. I reckon the next few months are going to be better than the last few:agree:

Billy Whizz
28-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Just watched Palsson's interview on HTV, he said that the manager plans to play him as a defensive midfielder and he was pleased as its his strongest position.

That's Ian Murray's position

greenlex
28-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Not now its not.
I see Ian at the back alongside Hanlon in place of Dickoh. Maybe even just the bench. He really is struggling to give us 90mins.

Billy Whizz
28-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Not now its not.
I see Ian at the back alongside Hanlon in place of Dickoh. Maybe even just the bench. He really is struggling to give us 90mins.

Or maybe the odd game at leftback. Can't see CC wanting to play with two 19 year old fullbacks and a 19 year old defensive midfielder in every game.

ScottB
28-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Not now its not.

I think we could see him becoming increasingly involved in the coaching and a sort of senior player / leadership role.

Kaiser1962
28-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Not now its not.

I have always felt he is best at centre half anyway. I dont think he does though.

Billy Whizz
28-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Is this the end of Sean Welsh as I thought he as a deffensive midfielder as well ?

Dr Jimmy
28-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Is this not meant to be a thread about Rooney?

frazeHFC
28-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Although i think that we need a winger, if we sign Rooney along with the current 4 signings, i will be delighted.

Kaiser1962
28-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Is this not meant to be a thread about Rooney?

It is. It's just sometimes things wander a bit of topic :greengrin

nortonhibby
28-01-2011, 10:07 PM
It is. It's just sometimes things wander a bit of topic :greengrin

not bothered we will get nil points on Sunday but we will our next 3 games:flag:

Purehibee_MYB
28-01-2011, 10:57 PM

An hour or two if we're lucky!

Steve-O
29-01-2011, 12:34 AM

Good, hopefully he can now be replaced with someone that can move quicker than a tortoise. :agree:

BT58
29-01-2011, 01:15 PM
if someone can confirm what we took for bamba £250k +zouma £200k
minus the £100k, would that not be a good offer for ROONEY
if you had one final player to bring in,would it be an experienced CH, or ROONEY
goals win games so theres only one answer for me.............
ROONEY :agree::agree:

MontrealHibs
29-01-2011, 01:26 PM
if someone can confirm what we took for bamba £250k +zouma £200k
minus the £100k, would that not be a good offer for ROONEY
if you had one final player to bring in,would it be an experienced CH, or ROONEY
goals win games so theres only one answer for me.............
ROONEY :agree::agree:

I'm with you on this. Goals please!

We might have to get an 'Over the moon now we've got the Roon' banner :-)

sixtwo
29-01-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm with you on this. Goals please!

We might have to get an 'Over the moon now we've got the Roon' banner :-)

Where is all the hype coming from with Rooney. Am I missing something???? This is Adam we are talking about and not Wayne.

It's easy to be negative when we are struggling so badly but even if we were linked with Rooney this time last year (while we were third and just beat celtic at parkhead) I'd still be negative towards this signing. He is average at best.

RickyS
29-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Where is all the hype coming from with Rooney. Am I missing something???? This is Adam we are talking about and not Wayne.

It's easy to be negative when we are struggling so badly but even if we were linked with Rooney this time last year (while we were third and just beat celtic at parkhead) I'd still be negative towards this signing. He is average at best.

he may well be average but average is better than we have!

scoopyboy
29-01-2011, 07:30 PM

I'm a bit concerned that since we were credited with an interest in him his goals have dried up.

Alfred E Newman
29-01-2011, 08:12 PM

Mickey Rooney would be better than we have :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
29-01-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm a bit concerned that since we were credited with an interest in him his goals have dried up.

Since we were credited with an interest in him OUR goals have dried up as well.

Toaods
29-01-2011, 08:19 PM

that'll be to make sure he gets punted whilst they're at the right end of the table and clubsare having a look.

AFKA5814_Hibs
29-01-2011, 08:21 PM

Stokes only scored 1 goal in his last 6 games for Hibs, his last game against St Mirren was a shocker. Maybe the uncertainty over his future has affected Rooneys form?

He probably needs to sort out his future to get back to his best.

JimBHibees
29-01-2011, 08:23 PM

Maybe he needs to play Hibs again before the goals start flowing. :greengrin

scoopyboy
29-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Since we were credited with an interest in him OUR goals have dried up as well.

Never thought of that DH.

So following on, if we drop our interest in him we will start scoring goals again????

Craig_in_Prague
29-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Maybe he needs to play Hibs again before the goals start flowing. :greengrin

Tends to be the case though when a team hasn't won for a while, or a player hasn't scored for a while.......... up steps Hibs !

scoopyboy
Stokes only scored 1 goal in his last 6 games for Hibs, his last game against St Mirren was a shocker. Maybe the uncertainty over his future has affected Rooneys form?

Too sensible a post for this board.

Danderhall Hibs
Never thought of that DH.

So following on, if we drop our interest in him we will start scoring goals again????

Worth a try? :greengrin

sixtwo

maybe he's just not as prolific as some people think / hope?

Connor Sammon is an example of a player who has thrived under the spotlight this season. Too many clubs in for him for us to stand a chance but he has the attributes to do well in our team.

Beefster
29-01-2011, 08:33 PM

Connor Sammon is an example of a player who has thrived under the spotlight this season. Too many clubs in for him for us to stand a chance but he has the attributes to do well in our team.

You don't rate Rooney, who has a scoring rate of a goal every three games, but rate Sammon, who has a rate of a goal every five games?

Bizarre.

sixtwo
29-01-2011, 08:38 PM
You don't rate Rooney, who has a scoring rate of a goal every three games, but rate Sammon, who has a rate of a goal every five games?

Bizarre.

I'm going on very recent performances. To be honest, Sammon did not look like a player last year at all but he has been impressive recently. He has potential to get even better.

Rooney doesn't impress me at all.

If he signs, I'll support him and hope i'm proved wrong. I'll be delighted to admit i was wrong if he bags loads of goals and we start to climb the table. Somehow I doubt he will tho.

It'll be like Dennis Wyness going to hearts!

The Falcon
29-01-2011, 08:40 PM
I'm going on very recent performances. To be honest, Sammon did not look like a player last year at all but he has been impressive recently. He has potential to get any better.

Rooney doesn't impress me at all.

If he signs, I'll support him and hope i'm proved wrong. I'll be delighted to admit i was wrong if he bags loads of goals and we start to climb the table. Somehow I doubt he will tho.

It'll be like Dennis Wyness going to hearts!

Sammon has scored, before this season, two goals in forty odd SPL games. And he's probably a £500k ish striker you referred to earlier. Paying the transfer fee is not really the problem its meeting the players personal terms depending what their agents have said. Sammon, having pretty poor before this season, will be looking for a decent wedge to set him up and good luck to him. Same with Rooney.

AFKA5814_Hibs
29-01-2011, 08:50 PM

11 SPL goals this season, albeit 4 against Hibs, decent enough return. I think Sammon is out of our price range, £400k +, but Rooney would be about the best we could attract in our current predicament.

Hibby Bairn
29-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Nish has a record of a goal every 3 games. Riordan is still a class act imo.

Maybe our strikers will do better with an improved midfield. I think midfield is our main problem and I am happy that CC has moved to try and sort this.

That and quicker and more skilful full backs will help create more chances for our front players.

erin go bragh
29-01-2011, 09:18 PM

sammon has better quality players around him than rooney yet rooney is right up there with sammon in the goals scored bracket. rooney banged the goals in last season[1st div] and has inproved and is still banging the goals in [how many did sammon score last season?" rooney rooney rooney "
ggtth

AFKA5814_Hibs
29-01-2011, 09:53 PM
What we need is a penalty box striker, someone who will score a goal when the ball is bouncing about in the penalty box. Rooney I think will do this. Sign the ****er and gie us some goals!!!!!!!!!!

BT58
29-01-2011, 10:01 PM
What we need is a penalty box striker, someone who will score a goal when the ball is bouncing about in the penalty box. Rooney I think will do this. Sign the ****er and gie us some goals!!!!!!!!!!

WELL SAID THAT MAN!!!!!
RP needs to get the wallet out
Cannae see it happening tho

aljo7-0
29-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Sammon has done much beter this season at least partly because of the system Killie are playing with him being the sole striker and the Finnish player whose name I cant really remember let alone spell and Taoul making the passes in behind defenses for him to use his pace to run on to.

Not quite a direct quote from Tony Higgins on Final Score this afternoon as he knew the Finnish guys name! But it is a logic I would agree with.

frazeHFC
29-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Sammon has done much beter this season at least partly because of the system Killie are playing with him being the sole striker and the Finnish player whose name I cant really remember let alone spell and Taoul making the passes in behind defenses for him to use his pace to run on to.

Not quite a direct quote from Tony Higgins on Final Score this afternoon as he knew the Finnish guys name! But it is a logic I would agree with.

Eremenko, who wasn't playing today though.

ScottB
29-01-2011, 11:04 PM

Yup, we need for want of a better description, a battering ram. Someone who will get in the oppositions faces, win and keep the ball, hold up play and create opportunities for Riordan or Duffy and co. Definitely something we've been missing for a long time.

RickyS
29-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Yup, we need for want of a better description, a battering ram. Someone who will get in the oppositions faces, win and keep the ball, hold up play and create opportunities for Riordan or Duffy and co. Definitely something we've been missing for a long time.

a kevin kyle type it hurts me to say

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-01-2011, 11:33 PM
When Deeks came back in the window for Mixu, it was a huge shot in the arm. We needed it then and the board delivered. Now we need that shot in the arm more than ever. Whether it is a permanent body or even a loanee that would raise eyebrows. Just something that would give us reason to rally around.

IWasThere2016
30-01-2011, 12:10 AM
Eremenko, who wasn't playing today though.

Nor is he a striker.

I'd prefer Sammon - better footballer and more mobile - but I'd take either tbh.

Crab apple
30-01-2011, 05:03 PM
With ICT obviously planning for life without Rooney by trying to sign Tade (Raith Rovers) on a pre con does anyone think we are closer to signing him. We badly need some added firepower. Whether Rooney is the answer I don't know but we need someone in now who can create and score goals. I'd sign Tade (based on nothing more than what my RR supporting mate tells me) and Rooney.

Andy74
30-01-2011, 05:48 PM
With ICT obviously planning for life without Rooney by trying to sign Tade (Raith Rovers) on a pre con does anyone think we are closer to signing him. We badly need some added firepower. Whether Rooney is the answer I don't know but we need someone in now who can create and score goals. I'd sign Tade (based on nothing more than what my RR supporting mate tells me) and Rooney.
He is leaving them so they will be preparing. He has other choices than us though.

Houchy
30-01-2011, 05:54 PM
When Deeks came back in the window for Mixu, it was a huge shot in the arm. We needed it then and the board delivered. Now we need that shot in the arm more than ever. Whether it is a permanent body or even a loanee that would raise eyebrows. Just something that would give us reason to rally around.

I'd take a triple amputee if they knew where the goal was to be fair. Petrie would save money on the laundry bills at the same time as he'd only have to wash 1 sock:greengrin

Crab apple
30-01-2011, 05:55 PM
He is leaving them so they will be preparing. He has other choices than us though.

Any idea if we have choices other than AM that are deliverable this window?

smurf
31-01-2011, 02:38 AM
Nor is he a striker.

I'd prefer Sammon - better footballer and more mobile - but I'd take either tbh.

Both would be nice!

Kaiser1962
31-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Both would be nice!

Is Ermenko not on something like £20k a week with Metalist Kharkiv still paying a huge proportion of his wages?

Hermit Crab
31-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Nor is he a striker.

Reportedly going to an English prem lge club on SSN the now

GreenOnions
31-01-2011, 07:20 PM
I have to disagree with what seems to be the general opinion about Connor Sammon. When I have watched him play I have seen someone who lacks many of the basic skills I would expect to see in a top footballer and his first touch is extremely poor. I will be amazed if he makes it at a higher level. Very much the poor man's Kevin Kyle IMHO.

greenlex
31-01-2011, 07:23 PM
I have to disagree with what seems to be the general opinion about Connor Sammon. When I have watched him play I have seen someone who lacks many of the basic skills I would expect to see in a top footballer and his first touch is extremely poor. I will be amazed if he makes it at a higher level. Very much the poor man's Kevin Kyle IMHO.
As long as his second touch is putting it in the net he will do well.

Hiber-nation
31-01-2011, 07:25 PM

You've not seen him this season obviously. I couldn't believe the improvement in this guy and its not just down to Eremenko.

GreenOnions
31-01-2011, 07:29 PM
As long as his second touch is putting it in the net he will do well.

Point taken. Having said that I think he might find when he steps up a level he rarely gets the chance of a second touch.

He may surprise me and develop his game but, unless he does, I imagine that this season will be the highlight of his career - although maybe not the most lucrative.

We'll have to wait and see. I certainly wouldn't want him at Easter Road.

cabbageandribs1875
31-01-2011, 07:34 PM

your not alone, i personally think both sammon AND adam rooney are going through a pretty good purple patch, but thats just my opinion and why i'm not a manager :greengrin

Stewboy
31-01-2011, 07:38 PM
We haven't scored in over a month and some are saying rooney and sammon aren't good enough for us?

Quite remarkable really

Albion Hibs
31-01-2011, 07:39 PM
11 SPL goals this season, albeit 4 against Hibs, decent enough return. I think Sammon is out of our price range, £400k +, but Rooney would be about the best we could attract in our current predicament.

That is the key bit for me, I think we should perhaps take those off his tally!!

Dont know who his other goals have come against, but in any event I think he would be a good player for us.

GreenOnions
31-01-2011, 08:04 PM
We haven't scored in over a month and some are saying rooney and sammon aren't good enough for us?

Quite remarkable really

Just because you believe a certain player is better than what we've got doesn't necessarily make him a top performer.

FWIW - I do think Rooney could be a top player in the SPL

sixtwo
31-01-2011, 08:24 PM
I'd rather we used any money we had planned to spend on Rooney and reward the best striker we have had in my lifetime with the contract he deserves. Give Riordan a good 4 year deal, play him up front and he will score twice as many goals Rooney would score!

It is simple.

Bring in a loanee as a short term replacement for Nish who should be frozen out.

Hfc_Since1875
31-01-2011, 08:47 PM
According to the DR website Rooney to hibs for 100K

Guy posted alot of ICT info regarding transfers so maybe this has legs? :pray:

scott7_0(Prague)
31-01-2011, 08:50 PM
According to the DR website Rooney to hibs for 100K

Guy posted alot of ICT info regarding transfers so maybe this has legs? :pray:

it will need to be quick legs.... tick tock.

Andy74
31-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Just had a couple of independent texts saying Rooney should be signing tonight. No idea though.

SteveHFC
31-01-2011, 08:51 PM
I would be delighted if we sign Rooney. :pray:

mcfly
31-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Just had a couple of independent texts saying Rooney should be signing tonight. No idea though.

i hope this is true - I'll have a tenner on him to score 1st on wed!!!!!

Hibernia Na Eir
31-01-2011, 08:59 PM
I would be delighted if we sign Rooney. :pray:

i would be reaching for the champers if indeed the wee Dubliner signs on the dotted line......

Hibby Kay-Yay
31-01-2011, 09:03 PM
If we build our expectations too high, too quick then the fall could be hard and fast

sixtwo
31-01-2011, 09:18 PM
I have my doubts about his ability and have expressed them on here, but if he signs I'll give him 100% backing. I understand we need a striker. As long as it is not a case of Rooney in Riordan out, i'll be happy.

We need someone now!

Come on, gie us some ****in news!

Diclonius
31-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Just sign the guy. :grr:

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Rooney is the only striker that we have been seriously linked with that has a proven record of scoring at this level. No other signing would make sense imo. That Sheff Utd boy was just nonsense.

ScottB
31-01-2011, 09:31 PM
So if he signs for £100k can we look forward to him being the new poster boy for the 'cheap option' brigade :wink:

Riordans Boots
31-01-2011, 09:33 PM
i would be reaching for the champers if indeed the wee Dubliner signs on the dotted line......

:agree::party:

Hibs90
31-01-2011, 09:35 PM
I don't see it happening tbh, but just incase - welcome, Adam!!

Tricla
31-01-2011, 10:19 PM
DR transfer updater saying we're trying to sort out personal terms ATM.

Better get the finger oot Rodders!

Aldo
31-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Lets face it we will not sign Adam rooney ENDOF.

Would love this to happen but if the yams or any other team are in for him then they will pay a lot more than we can.

FWIW can we see us signing anyone else??

HIBERNIAN-0762
31-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Hopefully this is true and we can enjoy him for 18 months before he joins the smellies

:rolleyes:

Shearer
31-01-2011, 10:29 PM
DR transfer updater saying we're trying to sort out personal terms ATM.

Better get the finger oot Rodders!

Excuse my ignorance but whats the ''DR'' transfer updater??? :confused:

Hibby Kay-Yay
31-01-2011, 10:31 PM

Daily Record?

CB_NO3
31-01-2011, 10:32 PM
Daily Record, its alot of mince but.

Thecat23
31-01-2011, 10:32 PM

Daily Record mate.

Shearer
31-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Daily Record?

Ahh I see, thanks for that.

Wouldn't trust that as I far as I could spit.

Rooney would be a great signing though, fingers crossed!

greenlex
31-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Rooney wong sign unless it's poker right up till the deadline. We have announced a striker and we would have waited to announce them both if it wasn't ti be a late deal.

essexhibee
31-01-2011, 10:41 PM
Really want to see rooney join so I could go to bed a happy man. Just feel that with the signing of sodje that its a panic buy.

Mon rod get out the chequebook.

Leithenhibby
31-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Really want to see rooney join so I could go to bed a happy man. Just feel that with the signing of sodje that its a panic buy.

Mon rod get out the chequebook.

I can't buy into this, as far as I'm concerned the guy has a clean slate and will be a hell-ava lot better than we have :wink:

Niffy
31-01-2011, 10:46 PM
No danger Rooney is coming to Hibs.

we are hibs
31-01-2011, 10:48 PM
No danger Rooney is coming to Hibs.

calderwoo is either sitting twiddling his thumbs or workin like a dafty trying to sign 1 more

essexhibee
31-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Hibs won't be signing anyone else we are done.

Riordans Boots
31-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Hibs won't be signing anyone else we are done.

:agree:

I wanted Rooney :grr::grr::boo hoo::boo hoo:

essexhibee
31-01-2011, 11:00 PM
:agree:

I wanted Rooney :grr::grr::boo hoo::boo hoo:

So did I pal. So did I :(

NOLA
31-01-2011, 11:03 PM
is that the transfer window shut now? 11pm or is it 12

Hermit Crab
31-01-2011, 11:04 PM

Shut for SPL

Thecat23
31-01-2011, 11:05 PM

Thats it closed now. Open for another hour for SFL.

Andy74
31-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Ah well. Pre contract then? Bet Hearts get him on that sometime soon.

YehButNoBut
31-01-2011, 11:06 PM
No more business, confirmed

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110131/player-update-_2262950_2281477

3pm
31-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Ah well. Pre contract then? Bet Hearts get him on that sometime soon.

Should have tied it up before now.

nortonhibby
31-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Should have tied it up before now.

He would have cost money remember we have RP in charge:greengrin parting with money and RP Do not go hand in hand:confused:

Toaods
31-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Just feel that with the signing of sodje that its a panic buy.

some panic..they've gave him an 18 month contract...:wink:

wee hay
31-01-2011, 11:49 PM
the bid would never habe been considered (if) offered considering they knocked back 400k earlier in the window

the only way hibs will sign rooney if it is a pre contract and ask yourself if hibs is a step up at the current time?