PDA

View Full Version : First two signings midfielders

Spike Mandela
24-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Might be coincidence but even despite our lack of goals CC clearly sees our main deficiences being the midfield area.

I wholeheartedly agree with him:agree:

Saorsa
24-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Might be coincidence but even despite our lack of goals CC clearly sees our main deficiences being the midfield area.

I wholeheartedly agree with him:agree:I also agree :agree:

greenlex
24-01-2011, 06:14 PM
I hope the next one is a striker and the one after a Centre Back.

down-the-slope
24-01-2011, 06:16 PM
I also agree :agree:

Me Too :agree:

The Falcon
24-01-2011, 06:17 PM
And I believe Martin Scott is not injured.

A fact which will undoubtedly upset a few on here. :devil:

The Falcon
24-01-2011, 06:19 PM

Are any of them "too wee"?

truehibernian
24-01-2011, 06:20 PM
There are so many areas of the pitch that need addressed, however the balance of the midfield has been all array since Mixu IMHO.

Good to see he is getting midfielders who clearly have energy, drive, and more importantly defend and press. Time and time again we play flat and square and seem afraid to drive forward and draw defences out. Interesting to see their ages too. Good that they are still young, yet have games under their belt at a reasonable level.

Really really want a good right back though, a strong centre half and a strong, pacey striker.......please please please...........:greengrin

since90plustwo
24-01-2011, 06:21 PM
has he officially signed, yped martin scott hibs into google and it gave a link for wikipedia and the description thing under the link said

''Martin Scott (Scottish footballer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Martin Scott (born 15 February 1986 in Livingston, Scotland) is a Scottish footballer, currently playing for Hibernian in the Scottish Premier League. ...''

but when you click on it it says he plays for ross county? confused a little:confused:

degenerated
24-01-2011, 06:21 PM
There are so many areas of the pitch that need addressed, however the balance of the midfield has been all array since Mixu IMHO.

Good to see he is getting midfielders who clearly have energy, drive, and more importantly defend and press. Time and time again we play flat and square and seem afraid to drive forward and draw defences out. Interesting to see their ages too. Good that they are still young, yet have games under their belt at a reasonable level.

Really really want a good right back though, a strong centre half and a strong, pacey striker.......please please please...........:greengrin

let's not forget a right back as well :agree:

Reaper
24-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Wasn't at the game on Saturday but it looked like we created a few chances, so i'm not surprised it's midfield he's trying to remedy. Firstly we need more goals from midfield and a bit more steel. Dare I say with two hardworking, tackling midfielders in there we might see the best of Liam Miller.

However, as long as that buffoon plays in goals, we'll not win any games.

frazeHFC
24-01-2011, 06:27 PM
I hope the next one is a striker and the one after a Centre Back.

And then a right back and a good, fast winger.

patlowe
24-01-2011, 08:13 PM
And then a right back and a good, fast winger.

And then a left back, a keeper and a left-sided midfielder!

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Midfield is the number 1 priority in my opinion. They don't protect the back 4, and create next to nothing for the forward.

3pm
24-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Yep, empty the 5hitebag5 that are in midfield at the moment.

bigstu
24-01-2011, 08:31 PM
agreed midfield is crap but if we don't get a striker in then we're going to continue to struggle, we can't expect riordan to score them all

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2011, 08:35 PM
agreed midfield is crap but if we don't get a striker in then we're going to continue to struggle, we can't expect riordan to score them all

Another forward would be nice, Riordan apart they need a sat nav to find the bloody goal.

3pm
24-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Another forward would be nice, Riordan apart they need a sat nav to find the bloody goal.

We should stick Le Monde behind the goals, they'd find them then.

jdships
24-01-2011, 08:43 PM

Yes agree totally :agree:
What I have witnessed in the past few months is our mid-field , at times ,being almost overun thus putting too much pressure on the back four.
The defence, on paper anyway, doesn't look too bad and with a hard working mid-field should be OK

:thumbsup:

Hank Schrader
24-01-2011, 08:44 PM

:tee hee:

darwenhibby
24-01-2011, 08:44 PM

How about Rooney with Riordan up front.

Spooney and Zemamma on the flanks.

Hopefully the two new boys to add gritt & steel in the midfield.

A decent right back and we may avoid relegation.

If Brown is not fit, sign Jamie McCluskey or Mickey Weir as back up so long as we tell Smith to GTF

blackpoolhibs
25-01-2011, 07:47 AM
How about Rooney with Riordan up front.

Spooney and Zemamma on the flanks.

Hopefully the two new boys to add gritt & steel in the midfield.

A decent right back and we may avoid relegation.

If Brown is not fit, sign Jamie McCluskey or Mickey Weir as back up so long as we tell Smith to GTF

I'm not convinced that Wotherspoon has enough in his game yet to stamp his authority on a game from the midfield? I prefer him as a right back at the moment, he reminds me of a young Whittaker a bit, hopefully he can come on as well as he has.

Zemamma will take a while to get back to his best, again hopefully he can contribute enough to keep us up before he goes in the summer.

I know nothing of the 2 new lads, so cant comment on them yet, but we have to hope they are better than those they will be replacing? To be honest, if they are not, we will be in the sheite.

Rooney i do like, a bit of pace and he knows where the net is, god knows we need a bit of that just now.

truehibernian
25-01-2011, 07:59 AM

:greengrin

Don't forget a wee Ladbrokes too 3pm......and make sure there are enough pens out.......Nishy keeps tripping over the one's Smith drops.

spike220
25-01-2011, 08:47 AM
Midfield is the number 1 priority in my opinion. They don't protect the back 4, and create next to nothing for the forward.
:agree:

Right on the money here.

The midfield has been the problem for a long time. The strikers get no service and are left to create something out of nothing everytime. The back 4 are left exposed since our midfield offers nothing in defence and other teams run through them like tall grass. We need to have our opponents fearing our midfield, we need to be a bit more physical and ruthless in the midfield, anyone can have a run at us and there are no consequences, we need to offer some resistence in midfield this is where all problems start and finsh.

We do need competition for place in the back 4 and upfront but we do have some skill in these positions, our strikers have not gone from being the best in Scotland to being the worst (truth be told they are certianly top 6), it is position that requires supreme confidence and without service they have suffered the most.

Our defence has simply been over-run too often with the midfield failing time and time again to put in a TACKLE with any conviction. So it is not possible to judge them in the cold light of day, any defence in the SPL would struggle if they had our midfield. I dont care if we pick up cards or even get a few sendings off, we must put fear into the minds of our opponents in the midfield.

Rant over for now!

Franck is God
25-01-2011, 11:25 AM
the midfield is the most important area of any team and its no coincidence that our most succesful period in the last few years was when we had Scotty, KT, Boozy & Stewart all fighting for the places in the team.

CC is right to strengthen there first.