PDA

View Full Version : 24 Days On We Are A Weaker Side In A Worse Position...

smurf
24-01-2011, 05:07 PM
With Bamba we were stronger than what we are.

I find it incredible that 24 days on CC is scrambling around looking at guys who are on the bench of a third from bottom SFL side.

A few days after arriving Alex Miller was able to make THREE crucial signings that had a positive influence on our side.

24 days on we've lost more SPL points and slid down the table.

Over two games against SFL Second Division Ayr United we couldn't score a bloody goal let alone avoid defeat.

We are a weaker side in a worse position.

Apparently they are trying. They talk the talk. Etc, etc.

Sorry in life you are judged on what you actually DO.

And what we are DOING on and off the park isn't enough. It's NO longer time for reason, consideration and reflection.

It's time for action and delivery.

Because its approaching panic.

jackhfc
24-01-2011, 05:12 PM

I find it incredible that 24 days on CC is scrambling around looking at guys who are on the bench of a third from bottom SFL side.

A few days after arriving Alex Miller was able to make THREE crucial signings that had a positive influence on our side.

Over two games against SFL Second Division Ayr United we couldn't score a bloody goal let alone avoid defeat.

And what we are DOING on and off the park isn't enough. It's NO longer time for reason, consideration and reflection.

I won't judge the players we're going for personally yet as I haven't seen them play, but in general players out of favour at clubs who IMO aren't any better than us isn't the way to progress and get out of the s*** we are in, need to sign proven players rather than a bunch of used up old journeymen like we have just now

Andy74
24-01-2011, 05:21 PM

I'm presuming, given your several times a day rant about all this that you have significant experince in recruting quality players during a Janury tranfer window?

You surely can't be quite so sure about what they are all doing, or not doing, without that knowledge.

Gatecrasher
24-01-2011, 05:32 PM
im waiting to see what the next week is going to bring, probably the biggest week of our season and im not even counting the games we are playing.

smurf
24-01-2011, 05:33 PM
I'm presuming, given your several times a day rant about all this that you have significant experince in recruting quality players during a Janury tranfer window?

You surely can't be quite so sure about what they are all doing, or not doing, without that knowledge.

I can only judge on what everyone is ultimately judged on.

The results.

And it appears that as a football club we are 24 days into the window unable to produce positive results on the park (no change) and off it through addressing the serious personnel problems we have.

HibsMax
24-01-2011, 05:38 PM

The results.

And it appears that as a football club we are 24 days into the window unable to produce positive results on the park (no change) and off it through addressing the serious personnel problems we have.
What are the results of all the games that have featured Colin's signings?

Why not wait until the January window is closed? We still have a week left. Why assume the worst?

You say that you use "The results" as your basis. That's not a bad policy but you have to wait until the results are in.

Springbank
24-01-2011, 05:49 PM

I don't have that experience, and I can't speak for the OP. But Aberdeen do. And they have signed a whole bunch of guys across a range of positions, and (til a narrow defeat at Parkhead) were unbeaten under new management.

They started off in a worse position than us (bottom, having lost 9-0)

I think the Pittodrie experience really does make our efforts look damning by comparison, and I do think Aberdeen is a credible yardstick for us, in terms of club size, budget (though only on hearsay), and certainly in terms of their performance this season.

Cropley10
24-01-2011, 05:53 PM
I don't have that experience, and I can't speak for the OP. But Aberdeen do. And they have signed a whole bunch of guys across a range of positions, and (til a narrow defeat at Parkhead) were unbeaten under new management.

I think the Pittodrie experience really does make our efforts look damning by comparison, and I do think Aberdeen is a credible yardstick for us, in terms of club size, budget (though only on hearsay), and certainly in terms of their performance this season.

This.

Andy74
24-01-2011, 06:12 PM

What Aberdeen have done in terms of signings is neither here nor there and we won't know the value of that for some time.

Their results picked up but that's nothing to do with what they've done in the transfer windown which is what the complaint is about.

They have brought bodies in, anyone could do that, we've been doing it for years. how good are they though either in the short term or long term?

We need peple to be the right quality and right personality and I'd rather we made sure we were doing the right thing that just signing folk for the sake of it.

Rants like this just do my nut in because I'm sure on football manager you can get stuff done but in the real world there are people working very hard on this to have people with no clue about what is going on or how it works to be bleating non stop.

Results are one thing, moan about those by all means but you can't judge the results of a transfer window as has been suggested, particularly not before the main action in it.

matty_f
24-01-2011, 06:19 PM
What Aberdeen have done in terms of signings is neither here nor there and we won't know the value of that for some time.

Their results picked up but that's nothing to do with what they've done in the transfer windown which is what the complaint is about.

They have brought bodies in, anyone could do that, we've been doing it for years. how good are they though either in the short term or long term?

We need peple to be the right quality and right personality and I'd rather we made sure we were doing the right thing that just signing folk for the sake of it.

Rants like this just do my nut in because I'm sure on football manager you can get stuff done but in the real world there are people working very hard on this to have people with no clue about what is going on or how it works to be bleating non stop.

Results are one thing, moan about those by all means but you can't judge the results of a transfer window as has been suggested, particularly not before the main action in it.

:top marks

The Falcon
24-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Its not all good news for you Smurf. Rumour has it we're close to making some signings.

Ray_
24-01-2011, 06:22 PM

Playing garbage for three years & being in a position where we are constantly waiting to shift out dead wood, speaks volumes about our transfer policy.

Beefster
24-01-2011, 06:22 PM

Another kitten bites the dust.

Judas Iscariot
24-01-2011, 06:23 PM
Its not all good news for you Smurf. Rumour has it we're close to making some signings.

Any chance of some injury free players signing?!

matty_f
24-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Another kitten bites the dust.

:tee hee:

PaulSmith
24-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Boss on transfer latest, Hibs tv tonight. Anyone give a jist of what was said

The Falcon
24-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Any chance of some injury free players signing?!

I get the impression that a lot of people would be disappointed if we did.

smurf
24-01-2011, 08:03 PM

Great news if true. I want what we all want. Us climbing this SPL ASAP.

Barney McGrew
24-01-2011, 08:08 PM
I won't judge the players we're going for personally yet as I haven't seen them play

That'll never catch on.

Don't you realise that players are judged on who we signed them from and how much we paid for them? :cool2:

BEEJ
24-01-2011, 08:15 PM

Having shipped out one key player on day one of the window and a second player having since departed, the fact that we have crashed through the first five fixtures in January in such spectacular fashion must lend some credence to the argument that a few new faces would not have gone amiss a couple of weeks ago.

We have gone from having a very poor season to a potentially disastrous one in a few short weeks.

Yes the transfer process can be complicated. Of course, there are a number of elements to line up in order to get just one player signed. Yet Killie have signed 3 players and are about to sign their fourth apparently. The Dons have signed three. Hamilton have signed one and are on the verge of announcing a couple more.

With a greater sense of urgency, one commensurate with the predicament that the club is in just now, we might have still been in the cup and have gathered a couple more valuable SPL points.

ScottB
24-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Can we stop talking like Bamba was dragged kicking and screaming out the door, begging that bad old Mr Petrie not to take him away from his precious Hibs? He wanted out, he made it patently obvious that he wanted out and would have waltzed off scot free in the summer. He was a good player, but we weren't getting half the effort he's suddenly showing for Leicester and was as prone to a cock up as anyone else. We haven't just punted Franck Sauzee here!

BEEJ
24-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Can we stop talking like Bamba was dragged kicking and screaming out the door, begging that bad old Mr Petrie not to take him away from his precious Hibs? He wanted out, he made it patently obvious that he wanted out and would have waltzed off scot free in the summer. He was a good player, but we weren't getting half the effort he's suddenly showing for Leicester and was as prone to a cock up as anyone else. We haven't just punted Franck Sauzee here!
:soapbox: Can you stop preaching to everyone from your soap-box in such a frustrated manner! :greengrin

There was no doubt that Bamba was going to leave in this window if an offer came in for him. But from our side if no new players were going to be signed until this week of the window, it might have been in our greater interests to hold on to the guy for another few weeks.

The best of all scenarios, of course, would have been to wave ta-ta to Sol on day one while simultaneously welcoming a couple of new players to the club. But, hey-ho.

BT58
24-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Any chance we might see a goal scorer
brought in????
after all it's goals that win you points
mind you I'm just glad to be proved
wrong,,, I never thought we would bring
in any new players
Jeez the board are keeping to there word
CC must be delighted

The_Todd
24-01-2011, 08:32 PM
That'll never catch on.

Don't you realise that players are judged on who we signed them from and how much we paid for them? :cool2:

Aww... do we not go by websites anymore?

snooky
24-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Having shipped out one key player on day one of the window and a second player having since departed, the fact that we have crashed through the first five fixtures in January in such spectacular fashion must lend some credence to the argument that a few new faces would not have gone amiss a couple of weeks ago.

We have gone from having a very poor season to a potentially disastrous one in a few short weeks.

Yes the transfer process can be complicated. (<insert> for any player signing for Hibernian). Of course, there are a number of elements to line up in order to get just one player signed. Yet Killie have signed 3 players and are about to sign their fourth apparently. The Dons have signed three. Hamilton have signed one and are on the verge of announcing a couple more.

With a greater sense of urgency, one commensurate with the predicament that the club is in just now, we might have still been in the cup and have gathered a couple more valuable SPL points.

Yes, it would appear so. :agree:

stantonhibby
24-01-2011, 08:36 PM

You again !

I saw the title and thought - i know who started that thread

Seriously - Do you never get sick of starting these pointless stating the bleedin obvious threads ?

Iain G
24-01-2011, 08:37 PM

I'm sorry Smurf, I really feel the need to ask, do you have Yam's in your immediate family or friend group, as I feel they may be rubbing off on you if you have and you should seek to distance yourself from them at your earliest convenience, go lay down in a darkened room with the complete Proclaimers back catalogue, making sure you listen to SOL at least 20 times, to cleanse your soul.... :wink::agree:

DCI Gene Hunt
24-01-2011, 08:53 PM
There is no doubt our team is very poor, time will tell whether the new signings :hmmm: will have any positive effect, sadly however I can't escape the feeling that the rot has set in and the First Division is creeping rather worryingly close.

What to do with a problem like Hibs?

Drastic action needed, nothing seems to have changed since the days of Mixu.

G

smurf
24-01-2011, 08:56 PM
You again !

I saw the title and thought - i know who started that thread

Seriously - Do you never get sick of starting these pointless stating the bleedin obvious threads ?

No more than you do contributing to them. And check the stats I've not started too many threads.

Anyway what was your point?

The Falcon
24-01-2011, 08:57 PM
:soapbox: Can you stop preaching to everyone from your soap-box in such a frustrated manner! :greengrin

There was no doubt that Bamba was going to leave in this window if an offer came in for him. But from our side if no new players were going to be signed until this week of the window, it might have been in our greater interests to hold on to the guy for another few weeks.

The best of all scenarios, of course, would have been to wave ta-ta to Sol on day one while simultaneously welcoming a couple of new players to the club. But, hey-ho.

Even against his will?

Speedway
24-01-2011, 08:57 PM

No we weren't

He's not.

So what?

True, that wouldn't have happened with signings then?

True

No, we're not

You moan a lot in life.

Duh.

No it's not.

smurf
24-01-2011, 09:01 PM
I'm sorry Smurf, I really feel the need to ask, do you have Yam's in your immediate family or friend group, as I feel they may be rubbing off on you if you have and you should seek to distance yourself from them at your earliest convenience, go lay down in a darkened room with the complete Proclaimers back catalogue, making sure you listen to SOL at least 20 times, to cleanse your soul.... :wink::agree:

Another time waster.

Apologies for the thread though everything is actually going great.

Thank the lord the majority are like me very concerned at where we are heading and accept that the current side will be unlikely to drag us away from where we are.

Good too that CC is now today pretty much acknowledging this himself.

GGTTH

The Falcon
24-01-2011, 09:01 PM
No it's not.

Agreed. We're not doomed yet, far from it. But if we panic I suspect we are. The signings being made appear to have qualities that our side all too obviously lack. They may work out or they may not but lets give them a chance.

The Falcon
24-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Another time waster.

Thank the lord the majority are like me very concerned at where we are heading and accept that the current side will be unlikely to drag us away from where we are.

GGTTH

Isnt it! But is that cos they werent trying before and your constant whinging sparked him into action perhaps? Otherwise he might never have known :rolleyes:

smurf
24-01-2011, 09:04 PM
No it's not.

I just can't take seriously a point of view suggesting that we are not weaker having lost Bamba and not having replaced him.

Next you'll be suggesting we are not weaker without Stokes....

The Falcon
24-01-2011, 09:05 PM
I just can't take seriously a point of view suggesting that we are not weaker having lost Bamba and not having replaced him.

But we did really well in the last quarter of last season with Stokes and Bamba did we not?

That'll be a no to that one.

ScottB
24-01-2011, 09:08 PM

Actually, if you want to look at the pattern, our form has been in the toilet since Bamba came back last January. :wink:

We were mince before Bamba was sold, hadn't kept a clean sheet in how long? He was hardly some towering colossus of a player in our back line if you look at our pitiful defensive record in the last year.

Speedway
24-01-2011, 09:09 PM

Doesn't matter either way. We like to finish in the relegation places every ten years or so and have done for the last 30 years. How dare you get in the way of our true destiny.

stantonhibby
24-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Another time waster.

GGTTH

I would imagine we are all concerned about the current state we are in but don't feel the need to start a new ' we're doomed ' thread saying it every 10 mins.

smurf
24-01-2011, 09:32 PM
I would imagine we are all concerned about the current state we are in but don't feel the need to start a new ' we're doomed ' thread saying it every 10 mins.

Not true. How many threads along these lines have I started?

It's the state of your defensive pro board mind.

ScottB
24-01-2011, 09:36 PM

Oh come on give it a rest eh! You sound like everyones out to get you!

It's not you as the sole flag carrying Board hater with everyone else up Petrie's colon. I can quite happily disagree with you both at the same damn time thanks very much.

Speedway
24-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Smurf's posts which have been getting increasingly negative, sum up a lot of Hibs fans mindset; defeatest, loser, victims where everything is a disgrace, nothing's good enough and who whinge endlessly but never actually gather facts and confront the supposed culprits. It's dull.

Having said that, if he shuts up, someone else will take his/her place. When he's challenged, the challenger will be a blind board apologist.

*sigh*

stantonhibby
24-01-2011, 09:53 PM

well you started the " i think its going to get worse before it gets better " one a few days ago and now this " we are worse off than we were " one which I suppose is you agreeing with yourself.

as i said i just don't see the point - not sure how that makes me defensive or pro board ?

BEEJ
24-01-2011, 10:21 PM
well you started the " i think its going to get worse before it gets better " one a few days ago and now this " we are worse off than we were " one which I suppose is you agreeing with yourself.
:tee hee:

GreenCastle
24-01-2011, 10:33 PM

Fair post.

It's going to be an interesting week.

Don't expect us to win either of the 2 games live on T.V.

But do expect players coming in and to seeing CC with his own side.

Won't be until summer we see the full effects but hopefully it will be the SPL we will be in next season to see all the effects.

Judas Iscariot
24-01-2011, 10:42 PM

Good post, factual and accurate summary of our state of play :agree:

nortonhibby
24-01-2011, 11:01 PM

Calm down all the action happens on the last day off the window:na na: in the mean time lets just write off our next 2 games with Yogis team.

Our season starts after these games when we have 5 or 6 new players in and we play Hamilton and St Mirren.

Yes there will be lots of screaming and shouting when we loose our next 2 games but we must focus on winning the battleas against our other relegation candidates.

And we must win our games against them after the split in odder to survive:flag:

Bad Martini
24-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Our season starts after these games when we have 5 or 6 new players in and we play Hamilton and St Mirren.

Yes there will be lots of screaming and shouting when we loose our next 2 games but we must focus on winning the battleas against our other relegation candidates.

And we must win our games against them after the split in odder to survive:flag:

I canny in any way, shape or form write of the next 2 games when we are 3 points above Hamilton who have a game in hand which if they win, puts us joint bottom all things remaining constant i.e. both us, and Hamilton getting pumped.

Given Yogi's team already turned over rangers 3 nil, I'd like to know why we should accept any defeat.

I agree the january window is a sheite time to squad build but I share a lot of the frustrations the OP has. This is crap. We're "financially stable" we keep hearing yet out the league cup in round 3, Scottish cup in round 4 to part timers, second bottom and ****ing no chance of doing anything of note other than staying up.

Worried doesny begin to start to describe it.

BEEJ
24-01-2011, 11:47 PM
I canny in any way, shape or form write of the next 2 games when we are 3 points above Hamilton who have a game in hand which if they win, puts us joint bottom all things remaining constant i.e. both us, and Hamilton getting pumped.

Given Yogi's team already turned over rangers 3 nil, I'd like to know why we should accept any defeat.

I agree the january window is a sheite time to squad build but I share a lot of the frustrations the OP has. This is crap. We're "financially stable" we keep hearing yet out the league cup in round 3, Scottish cup in round 4 to part timers, second bottom and ****ing no chance of doing anything of note other than staying up.

Worried doesny begin to start to describe it.
:agree:

I might not expect much from Wednesday's fixture. But sitting eleventh in the SPL I was looking for a fighting performance to secure a point at Fir Park and would expect no less at Tannadice on Sunday.

There is in some quarters an unnerving level of complacency about these six-pointer matches coming up against our two relegation rivals.

Franck Stanton
25-01-2011, 12:01 AM

The results.

Smurf, dont take this the wrong way mate but does your wife hide all the sharp things in your house ? You always seem very depressed in all of your posts, even when we get news of two new midfield players being signed you are on a downer as they - according to you - are not of the standard required by us in our present plight. You may of course be correct, but, come on, lets give them a fair crack of the whip eh. Perhaps, just perhaps they will surprise us all eh. Anyway, they cant be as bad as the wage thieves we currently have in midfield now can they? Remember, the glass is HALF - FULL mate.

matty_f
25-01-2011, 12:54 AM
:agree:

I might not expect much from Wednesday's fixture. But sitting eleventh in the SPL I was looking for a fighting performance to secure a point at Fir Park and would expect no less at Tannadice on Sunday.

There is in some quarters an unnerving level of complacency about these six-pointer matches coming up against our two relegation rivals.

:agree: I don't know how anyone could be complacent about any game we play at the moment. It's going to require a fairly monumental change in fortunes for us to start picking up points, and anyone who thinks it'll just be alright is living in cloud cuckoo land, IMHO.

500miles
25-01-2011, 06:18 AM
Are we a weaker team without Bamba? Only potentially.

At all times, Bamba's only issues with performance have been in his head. He had ideas above his station at Hibs, and he made mistakes because of it. He got his move, and he'll be a more focussed player at Leicster.... until he starts thinking he's too good for them, and once again he'll start making mistakes. Unless he can grow up a bit in that time.

We're weaker against Rangers and Celtic, but not on many other occassions IMO.