PDA

View Full Version : Martin Scott Signs For Hibs (3 1/2 Year Deal Confirmed)

Tonez
24-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Ross County's Martin Scott on way to Easter Road to discuss personal terms after undisclosed fee agreed between clubs.

Big strong midfielder, only 24yr old:aok:

Purehibee_MYB
24-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Source?

PaulSmith
24-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Livi lad.

H18sry
24-01-2011, 12:03 PM
http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/squad/1st-team/martin-scott.aspx :wink:

dunfyhibby
24-01-2011, 12:08 PM
He was outstanding in the cup draw at Easter Road last season. Totally controlled the midfield!

ronaldo7
24-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Epitomised his boundless energy. He'll do for me. Scored a good goal in the semi against celtc last year.

one day maybe...
24-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Info from where exactly?????

flash
24-01-2011, 12:19 PM
That would be more like it and just the sort of signing we should be making instead of no marks from all corners who haven't played for months.

Tonez
24-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Source - Same source who told me Adams was assistant.:wink:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?197219-Derek-Adams-assistant-manager-(Confirmed)

totalfootball
24-01-2011, 12:23 PM
He did impress me against us last season but a lot of county supporters I know say hes really inconsistant and has struggled to keep his place in the team this season. TBh if we could get him for a nominal fee id take him but wouldnt pin our hopes on him

Spike Mandela
24-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Stats

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=36706

RickyS
24-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Source - Same source who told me Adams was assistant.:wink:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?197219-Derek-Adams-assistant-manager-(Confirmed)

good enough for me mate!:thumbsup:

H18sry
24-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Stats

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=36706

A goal every 3 games from midfield on average, that is better than most of our strikers at the moment :agree:

Shrekko
24-01-2011, 12:38 PM
A goal every 3 games from midfield on average, that is better than most of our strikers at the moment :agree:
Think you're mixing up goals for sub appearances. His goals record is more like 1 in 12.

SouthamptonHibs
24-01-2011, 12:38 PM
never heard of the guy before...will have alook at his stats etc

Don't think it's a great signing for us...shows how limited we are with cash!
1st division player on his way to Hibs...
what we need is proven SPL players/ squad EPL players (maybe loan deal etc)/ or championship players to get us out of this mess this season.

I'm not getting overly excited about this...will need to see him play a few times

TowerHibs
24-01-2011, 12:50 PM

what we need is proven SPL players/ squad EPL players (maybe loan deal etc)/ or championship players to get us out of this mess this season.

I'm not getting overly excited about this...will need to see him play a few times

played with Jimmy years ago. Must admit, was surprised he even made it pro, but has taken his chance and good on him. Not saying he doesn't have ability because he certainly does, however his attitude was questionable. Will definately be like a "Yogi" type of character in the changing room

Bundles of energy, a fighter, can be a bit reckless. Pretty skillful but can over do it at times.

fit as a fiddle, a bit of a character and nutter but probably what our midfield is missing.

smurf
24-01-2011, 12:52 PM
He could very well be a smashing player for us.

However, where we are is requiring proven quality NOW.

aberhibsfc
24-01-2011, 12:53 PM

I'm not going to pretend that I know much about this guy. However there is talent in the 1st Division. DUFC have done well to plunder his in recent seasons, Griffiths is away to Wolves and when we were in the 1st we signed some decent players eg Tom Smith.

I believe that we have done well looking at lower league teams best players in the past e.g. Jones, Martis and T Smith. I'm not saying that we shouldn't be looking at SPL or EPL standard players but we shouldn't ignore the potential quality in lower leagues just because that's where they play. There's good players there from time to time and for reasonable sums.

Hibby Bairn
24-01-2011, 12:59 PM
played with Jimmy years ago. Must admit, was surprised he even made it pro, but has taken his chance and good on him. Not saying he doesn't have ability because he certainly does, however his attitude was questionable. Will definately be like a "Yogi" type of character in the changing room

Bundles of energy, a fighter, can be a bit reckless. Pretty skillful but can over do it at times.

fit as a fiddle, a bit of a character and nutter but probably what our midfield is missing.

Sounds just like Alex Edwards. :agree:

H18sry
24-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Think you're mixing up goals for sub appearances. His goals record is more like 1 in 12.

:doh: still better than some of our strikers tho :greengrin

Pretty Boy
24-01-2011, 01:10 PM

Guys like John Rankin, Colin Nish, Graeme Smith, Liam Miller, Michael Hart, Kevin McBride and Daryl Duffy you mean?

robinp
24-01-2011, 01:15 PM

Sounds like everything we are missing!

Tonez
played with Jimmy years ago. Must admit, was surprised he even made it pro, but has taken his chance and good on him. Not saying he doesn't have ability because he certainly does, however his attitude was questionable. Will definately be like a "Yogi" type of character in the changing roomBundles of energy, a fighter, can be a bit reckless. Pretty skillful but can over do it at times.

I was told he's a box to box player and will have a great impact in the dressing room.

Sylar
Didn't think he was great at Livingston and was quite happy when he moved on to County.

However, perhaps he's improved remarkably and is now at SPL level...

SteveHFC
24-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Epitomised his boundless energy. He'll do for me. Scored a good goal in the semi against celtc last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcRYmcyyQoo

Pretty Boy
24-01-2011, 01:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcRYmcyyQoo

Listento the commentator:

'Look at Scott breaking his neck here to get in the box.'

When was the last time you could say that about a Hibs midfielder.

Al_Bundy
24-01-2011, 01:31 PM
I was told he's a box to box player and will have a great impact in the dressing room.

Seen Martin 'Jimmy' Scott play alot for Livi's reserves and first team, also a few times for county. I certainly would not have said he was a big strong midfielder but he has loads of energy and is not afraid to tackle. At Livi i never rated him but i have been led to believe he has become a father while at County and screwed the nut big time. I just hope we don't judge him too quickly!

After the 2-2 draw with county last season a poster started a thread about how there no4 was MOTM IIRC, That was Jimmy.

Big-Si-1875
24-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Thought the boy was outstanding in that sem v celtic

Lmc2105
24-01-2011, 01:42 PM
if the lad gives us 100% percent and plays for the jersey and not his pay packet get him signed!

Hibee Daz
24-01-2011, 01:43 PM
What we are crying out for are players who can perform consistently, I've no doubt this lad can play a bit but, I do have doubts as to wether he can do so regularly.

We need definites not ifs, buts and maybes.
Now is not the time to be gambling on the unknown or unproven IMO.

Greenblood70
24-01-2011, 01:45 PM
if the lad gives us 100% percent and plays for the jersey and not his pay packet get him signed!

Couldn't agree more..if he's willing to burst a gut for us and can get stuck in about the opposition it will bring some much needed energy to our midfield.

Hibernia Na Eir
24-01-2011, 01:47 PM
....and if the Yams got an Ayr Utd player to succeed then so can we :agree:

He looks a beast! Just what we need right now. Hope this works out.

O'Brien[11]
24-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Played with him when I was younger, strong lad bags of energy, ill see what I can find out!:wink:

HenryMonk
24-01-2011, 01:56 PM
....and if the Yams got an Ayr Utd player to succeed then so can we :agree:

He looks a beast! Just what we need right now. Hope this works out.

yep, same can be said about hooper of celtic! was playing blue sq league 4 years ago!!

HenryMonk
24-01-2011, 01:58 PM
anyways i want to know why scoopyboy has nae scoops :cool2:

or is he keeping it to the pm board

vahibbie
24-01-2011, 02:01 PM

I wish.
If he's even half the player, he'll be the best we've got.

NOLA
24-01-2011, 02:10 PM
hope he can make a big difference on the park for us, welcome to the club jimmy!:greengrin

swazzie
24-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Seen Martin 'Jimmy' Scott play alot for Livi's reserves and first team, also a few times for county. I certainly would not have said he was a big strong midfielder but he has loads of energy and is not afraid to tackle. At Livi i never rated him but i have been led to believe he has become a father while at County and screwed the nut big time. I just hope we don't judge him too quickly!

After the 2-2 draw with county last season a poster started a thread about how there no4 was MOTM IIRC, That was Jimmy.

Woo hoo, someone reads my posts :thumbsup: http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?177596-Ross-County-Number-4&highlight=

Now, where do I submit my finders/agent fee? :greengrin

Admittedly only based on the cup game at ER and the semi final but he did look a stand-out both times. He'd walk into our midfield on that form (although I guess that's not saying much)

Mickey Edwards
24-01-2011, 02:33 PM

..........then he must be signed !!!!!!!!!

Al_Bundy
24-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Woo hoo, someone reads my posts :thumbsup: http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?177596-Ross-County-Number-4&highlight=

Now, where do I submit my finders/agent fee? :greengrin

Admittedly only based on the cup game at ER and the semi final but he did look a stand-out both times. He'd walk into our midfield on that form (although I guess that's not saying much)

What a memory. :smug:

Looking on a County forum most are saying they will miss his energy and work rate but by the sounds of it he puts in a few rash challenges. One poster said he was improving all the time.

Might not be a world beater but we certainly are missing combative players. These guys are worth their weight in gold while in a scrap.

scoopyboy
24-01-2011, 02:42 PM
anyways i want to know why scoopyboy has nae scoops :cool2:

or is he keeping it to the pm board

I'm hearing things NHB but not a lot about signings. The ones I did hear from an ex agent were Adam Rooney, Gary Harkins and Willo Flood but just because Hibs enquire is no guarantee of the signing as we are all aware.

Players are often the last to hear about signings at any club but at Hibs it seems its even tighter.

Pretty Boy
24-01-2011, 02:48 PM
I'm hearing things NHB but not a lot about signings. The ones I did hear from an ex agent were Adam Rooney, Gary Harkins and Willo Flood but just because Hibs enquire is no guarantee of the signing as we are all aware.

Players are often the last to hear about signings at any club but at Hibs it seems its even tighter.

Now he would be a signing.

Seanair
24-01-2011, 03:02 PM

Ryan Stevenson wasn't a proven SPL player. He cost Hearts £20,000 and scored the winner against Rangers.

Wee Scottie Dug
24-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Now he would be a signing.

Agreed , but not for this season as his recovery from a Dislocated Kneecap in August is taking longer than first anticipated and he is about 4-6 weeks away from even returning to training ..... :cool2:

JimBHibees
24-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Thought the boy was outstanding in that sem v celtic

Yep ran the show in that game, excellent touch and passing and scored the decisive goal. Still young so loads of improvement hopefully.

If any truth in this get him signed pronto and in the team for Wednesday.

hibs0666
24-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Ross County's Martin Scott on way to Easter Road to discuss personal terms after undisclosed fee agreed between clubs.

Big strong midfielder, only 24yr old:aok:

Ran the show in both legs against us.

PatHead
24-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Not knocking the boy before anyone bites my head off but I take it he wasn't first choice as I am sure Adams would have had him tapped up to be here on 1 January if he was. If he was 1st choice why the delay for such an obvious signing?

Anyway, good luck to him. Hope you have a successful career at Hibs.

Tonez
24-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Yep ran the show in that game, excellent touch and passing and scored the decisive goal. Still young so loads of improvement hopefully.

If any truth in this get him signed pronto and in the team for Wednesday.

I think he's suspended.:confused: Somebody might need to confirm this

Hamish
24-01-2011, 03:35 PM

Positive or negative things?:stirrer:

Hibee87
24-01-2011, 03:42 PM

I was given these 3 names also from an ex director, however i was told they were done deals. shame it wasnt top be eh

JimBHibees
24-01-2011, 03:43 PM
I think he's suspended.:confused: Somebody might need to confirm this

I dont think he is. Here are the latest list of suspensions, no mention of him.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/CurrentSuspensions/Season2010/11/January2011/PlayerSuspensions/LOS27(20-JAN).pdf

He had a one game suspension which I think he served when Ross County played a league game on Jan 15th. Will wait until he actually signs though.

Kaiser1962
24-01-2011, 04:13 PM
if all this activity proves to be correct it looks like we're muscling up the side a bit, and not before time. The names being banded about, while not world beaters, appear to have attitude in abundance and that is sadly lacking at the moment.

sundo1875
24-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Tonez, do you know when he will be confirmed as a hibs player

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Sounds like the player that we were promised in de Graaf. Hopefully de Graaf is thinking along the same lines.:rolleyes:

nickwhibs
24-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Spoke to a Staggie mate of mine and he was gutted that we may be signing him. He says 'Jimmy' was key to their cup run last season and will run all day and give 100% in every game. Didn't say much about his ability but sounds promising anyway.

hibs4eve
24-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Says on. Skysports hibs agree fee

ivan03
24-01-2011, 05:17 PM
he has signed guys! :)

JimBHibees
24-01-2011, 05:23 PM
he has signed guys! :)

source?

Craig_in_Prague
24-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Surely it'll be on the official site soon.

Reported on SSN as fee being agreed. So looks like another signing, I'll trust Adams and CC on this one, lets hope he goes straight into the side and helps us out from the off.

Dashing Bob S
24-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Can anyone clear up why Martin Scott gets called Jimmy?

Somebody who tries a leg and gives a Wolfgang Puck can only be an improvement on the house of cards that is our midfield. A Simon Mensing with two lungs would be a useful aquistition.

Dashing Bob S
24-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Surely it'll be on the official site soon.

Reported on SSN as fee being agreed. So looks like another signing, I'll trust Adams and CC on this one, lets hope he goes straight into the side and helps us out from the off.

...and it was all going so well too.

greenlex
24-01-2011, 05:30 PM

Somebody who tries a leg and gives a Wolfgang Puck can only be an improvement on the house of cards that is our midfield. A Simon Mensing with two lungs would be a useful aquistition.
Dunno Bob but there is a guy plays down south for QPR his name is Fitz Hall and his nickname is "one size" Beats me why.:confused:

JimBHibees
24-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Dunno Bob but there is a guy plays down south for QPR his name is Fitz Hall and his nickname is "one size" Beats me why.:confused:

Brilliant. :greengrin

Hibs07p
24-01-2011, 05:32 PM

One size Fitz Hall maybe :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
24-01-2011, 05:33 PM

Craig Brown's nickname apparently, is Fitzhartley, I can't think why.

Leithenhibby
24-01-2011, 05:33 PM

:greengrin :cool2:

JimBHibees
24-01-2011, 05:37 PM
I dont think he is. Here are the latest list of suspensions, no mention of him.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/CurrentSuspensions/Season2010/11/January2011/PlayerSuspensions/LOS27(20-JAN).pdf

He had a one game suspension which I think he served when Ross County played a league game on Jan 15th. Will wait until he actually signs though.

Looks like he played in the game on the 15th so it is possible he may have a one game suspension to serve though the latest SFA list above clearly doesnt name him. No idea what is going on then. :confused::greengrin

trev the hat
24-01-2011, 05:47 PM

:faf::faf::faf: Class Bob

iwasthere1972
24-01-2011, 05:52 PM

Class :top marks

squire
24-01-2011, 05:58 PM

I don't think Jimmy could even answer that! He's always been known as Jimmy from what I can remember from school and I don't think theres even a particular reason behind it. Just one of these things that have stuck. Even the teachers called him that

Taz_hibee
24-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Could not see this posted anywhere else.

According to SSN he has signed

Fergus52
24-01-2011, 06:26 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Scott_%28footballer%29
seems a bit old?:wink:

Diclonius
24-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Nothing on the official site.

7Hero
24-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Its true his mum just told me, a wee battler in the midfield, will certainly give a lot more than any of the others in there.

Jim44
24-01-2011, 06:36 PM

Nothing on the official site.

Nothing on SSN unless you mean Stornaway Sports News. :greengrin

WeAreHibs
24-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Does he have a website?

sundo1875
24-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Just came up on ssn

TheGreenMan
24-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Confirmed on SSN.

Good signing IMO. Lots of Energy, all round midfielder who will improve on what we have, hopefully he can make the step up.

Will no doubt put some of the imposters we have to shame. :agree:

Plus, I know Jimmy so happy for him too :greengrin

:flag:

Mikey
24-01-2011, 06:49 PM
I've got SSN on in the background but I'm listening, not watching. Is it on the Ticker?

Col2
24-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Yup on SSN Spl bit at bottom of screen. Maybe it's subject to a medical and he is injured and suspended for next 4 weeks:wink:

Col2
24-01-2011, 06:51 PM
I've got SSN on in the background but I'm listening, not watching. Is it on the Ticker?

Yes 100%. would take photo if I knew how to upload!

down-the-slope
24-01-2011, 06:53 PM
beeb sport just ahd a big Hibs / Hearts part and no mention :rolleyes:

down-the-slope
24-01-2011, 06:55 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Scott_(Scottish_footballer)

Someone is off the mark...says he signed today on his Wiki page

SouthamptonHibs
24-01-2011, 06:55 PM
I'm not going to pretend that I know much about this guy. However there is talent in the 1st Division. DUFC have done well to plunder his in recent seasons, Griffiths is away to Wolves and when we were in the 1st we signed some decent players eg Tom Smith.

I believe that we have done well looking at lower league teams best players in the past e.g. Jones, Martis and T Smith. I'm not saying that we shouldn't be looking at SPL or EPL standard players but we shouldn't ignore the potential quality in lower leagues just because that's where they play. There's good players there from time to time and for reasonable sums.

I'm hoping he will turn out to be a good signing for us...we need some sort of spark to get us moving...17 cup finals left to save the season hal hail

Mikey
24-01-2011, 06:56 PM
"Hibernian sign Martin Scott from Ross County" is what it says.

Walter
24-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Seems like the sort of radge we need in midfield. Put the wind up the opponents!

Jim44
24-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Yup on SSN Spl bit at bottom of screen. Maybe it's subject to a medical and he is injured and suspended for next 4 weeks:wink:

Can't see it if THIS (http://www.skysports.com/football/scottishpremier/) is the page you're talking about.

down-the-slope
24-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Nothing yet on official site...will he start Wed :greengrin

Walter
24-01-2011, 06:58 PM
He had a trial with Benfica?!

Broken Gnome
24-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Best player in the Easter Road game. I think we all recall how superior they were to Hibs that day...

Spike Mandela
24-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Confirmed on SSN.

Good signing IMO. Lots of Energy, all round midfielder who will improve on what we have, hopefully he can make the step up.

Will no doubt put some of the imposters we have to shame. :agree:

Plus, I know Jimmy so happy for him too :greengrin

Sounds like Edwin De Graaf:wink:

thebakerboy
24-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Just came up on SSn this minute

NOLA
24-01-2011, 07:11 PM
he's surely too good a player to be Hibs class?

Jim44
24-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Just came up on SSn this minute

I take it that's on the TV live page as opposed to the online page which doesn't mention it.

hibbie02
24-01-2011, 07:12 PM

Jim Scott was guest of honour (along with Eric Stevenson) at the London Hibs Burns night last Saturday. Nice enough bloke, but maybe a bit past his prime nowadays........:na na:

frazeHFC
24-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Welcome to the club Martin :thumbsup:

Martin Scott (born 15 February 1986 in Livingston (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livingston,_Scotland), Scotland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland)) is a Scottish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_people) footballer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_(soccer)), currently playing for Ross County (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_County_F.C.) in the Scottish First Division (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_First_Division). His career began with his hometown side Livingston, following an unsuccessful trial with Benfica. He scored the second goal for Ross County in the Scottish cup semi final against Celtic at Hampden on 10 April 2010.
Scott attended the James Young high school

Very nice school, played there last year. However, back to a relevant point, possibly a new CM partnership in Scott and Thornhill. :wink:

random sub
24-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Mixed opinions from the County fans on "over the bridge". Sounds like he runs around alot. 20k fee rumoured, so Petrie has splashed out big style.

http://www.overthebridge.info/viewthread.php?

Also, a thread about Derek Adams

tid=927http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=13

Scònaldò
24-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Welcome to the club Martin :thumbsup:

Very nice school, played there last year. However, back to a relevant point, possibly a new CM partnership in Scott and Thornhill. :wink:

I went to James Young for 5 years at the same time as Martin, i've no doubt he will be a good player for us but to say that school is a very nice... well that just bemuses me :greengrin

Im pretty sure it was just a very random name given to him at school, there's no story behind it i dont think.

greenlex
24-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Mixed opinions from the County fans on "over the bridge". Sounds like he runs around alot. 20k fee rumoured, so Petrie has splashed out big style.

http://www.overthebridge.info/viewthread.php?

Also, a thread about Derek Adams

tid=927http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=13
Its only a matter of time before the Rankin comparisons are banded about.:rolleyes:

Hainan Hibs
24-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Runs about a lot? Poor mans Rankin if you ask me:agree:

Diclonius
24-01-2011, 07:54 PM
That's just what we need, two John Rankins. :rolleyes:

:wink:

Al_Bundy
24-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Runs about a lot? Poor mans Rankin if you ask me:agree:

A right footed Rankin. Those two in the centre with Galbraith and De Graff wide we will have the perfect balance in midfield. The left side will be as dire as the right! :wink:

Hibee Daz
24-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Sounds like Edwin De Graaf:wink:

Gonnae no dae that.

Anyhoo whilst not overly inspiring, I still welcome you Jimmy into the Hibernian fold, I hope you hit the ground running son.

ScottB
24-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Well this is exactly what folk where hoping Adams would do; bring in good guys from the First Division. It's been a market we have totally missed out on in recent years while our rivals have prospered from it, so here's hoping this guy is a success!

SteveHFC
24-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Welcome to Hibs! Jimmy :thumbsup:

Sylar
24-01-2011, 08:19 PM
A little underwhelmed to be honest - I was following Livingston when he was playing there, prior to his move to County - he runs tirelessly and isn't scared to put himself about, but to say he had problems with discipline on occasion would be putting it mildly.

He certainly wasn't Premier League quality when he was at Almondvale, but he has been at County for a while now and the accounts from many on here seem to suggest he has improved/altered his mentality a little.

The guy doesn't deserve to be judged before he plays however, and I sincerely hope that the stories of improvement are indeed more accurate than my memory of him at Livi.

BEEJ
24-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Well this is exactly what folk where hoping Adams would do; bring in good guys from the First Division. It's been a market we have totally missed out on recent years while our rivals have prospered from it, so here's hoping this guy is a success!
:agree:

Long, long time since we signed a younger player for the first team squad from the lower leagues in Scotland. Meanwhile other SPL, clubs have pursued this policy with some success.

If it's confirmed then welcome, Martin (aka Jimmy), and I hope you play a part in sparking the Hibs dressing room into life once more.

GGTTH :flag:

Hibs90
24-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Reading the thread over on the County board, he does seem very similar to Rankin. Hopefully he is much better than Rankin then.

Aldo
24-01-2011, 08:25 PM
I went to James Young for 5 years at the same time as Martin, i've no doubt he will be a good player for us but to say that school is a very nice... well that just bemuses me :greengrin

Im pretty sure it was just a very random name given to him at school, there's no story behind it i dont think.

In Dedridge...I was one of the first pupils when the school opened in 1982...yes that does make me old?

RickyS
24-01-2011, 08:27 PM
nowt on skysports.com?

At The Edge
24-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Welcome Jimmy, good to see a local (to me) Livi boy in the green and White, :agree:

CentreLine
24-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Fond memories of when (John)Martin and (Jim)Scott played in the 1960's, if this guy lives up to the name then he will be a magnificent signing. All we need is a John McNamee to sort out the middle of the defence and we'll be half way there.

GGTTH

JimBHibees
24-01-2011, 08:55 PM
nowt on skysports.com?

Just seen it on the Spl tab on SSN.

Badge
24-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Fond memories of when (John)Martin and (Jim)Scott played in the 1960's, if this guy lives up to the name then he will be a magnificent signing. All we need is a John McNamee to sort out the middle of the defence and we'll be half way there.

GGTTH

Neil Martin

Ray_
24-01-2011, 08:58 PM

GGTTH

:greengrin We had to let him go in the sixties, when you more or less had to commit GBH to get sent off, today he'd just need to look at the CF and he'd be off.

RickyS
24-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Just seen it on the Spl tab on SSN.i

just saw it mate. will it be on the official site before christmas?

Reaper
24-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Hopefully he turns out to be a decent player.

Also hope that the arrival of new players gee's up some of the others to up their contribution.

ScottB
24-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Reading the thread over on the County board, he does seem very similar to Rankin. Hopefully he is much better than Rankin then.

In terms of putting in a shift and giving it 100% all the time, I bloody well hope so!

greenlex
24-01-2011, 09:34 PM
In terms of putting in a shift and giving it 100% all the time, I bloody well hope so!
Cannae be right:confused: Rankins one of the non trying wage thieves!!!:rolleyes:

Iggy Pope
24-01-2011, 09:36 PM

GGTTH

Neil Martin

Maybe Joe Davis to take the pens seeing as this has turned to **** as well?

down-the-slope
24-01-2011, 09:42 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9372477.stm

beeb have half heartedly joined the party....Rods going to be peeved that the watertight ship has a leak...:wink:

GreenCastle
24-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Ran the game against Hibs for Ross County at ER.

Seems like he is a little radge which we need in midfield.

Works hard too which has to got to be a good thing so may bring some much needed energy into the team.

More players from lower leagues will be fine as long as they are fit and hungry to do well with quality to improve :agree:

davidw
24-01-2011, 09:54 PM
this from a Ross County fan on their "overthebridge" forum:

"I think the Hibs fans are gonna be disappointed as they seem to be hating John Rankin this season and he is a far better player than Jimmy in my opinion".

Pass me the shotgun.

ginger_rice
24-01-2011, 10:01 PM

Ya Dancer!

I'm_cabbaged
24-01-2011, 10:03 PM

"I think the Hibs fans are gonna be disappointed as they seem to be hating John Rankin this season and he is a far better player than Jimmy in my opinion".

Pass me the shotgun.

Who knows, maybe Rankin with another worker and Miller pushing forward might be a good combo.

hibs0666
24-01-2011, 10:13 PM

Pass me the shotgun.

Aye, and John Ranking has never bossed a game in his life in the way that this guy did against both us and Celtc.

sleeping giant
24-01-2011, 10:20 PM

Sounds exactly what we need at the moment !

He'll run through walls to make the "step up" imo.
I have a good feeling about this guy !

Judas Iscariot
24-01-2011, 10:28 PM

That's not exactly hard.. :bitchy:

Welcome to Hibs "Jimmy" :hnet:

one day maybe...
24-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Grampian news say he has signed a two and half year deal.
Welcome Jimmy :thumbsup:

CRAZYHIBBY
25-01-2011, 09:19 AM
signed sealed and delivered for aound 100.000 apparently

machibby
25-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Looks official http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/home.aspx

Bobo
25-01-2011, 12:03 PM

Found this (http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2105604?UserKey=) as well, fees meant to be in the region of £100k according to this.

Dingwall midfielder Martin is reunited with former manager adams at easter road
Ross County’s Scott joins Hibs in £100,000 move
By Stephen Kasiewicz
Published: 25/01/2011

PREMIER POSITION: Martin Scott completed his step up to the SPL last night when he signed on for Hibs

Ross County midfielder Martin Scott has been sold to Scottish Premier League strugglers Hibs for a fee of around £100,000.
Scott, who joined the Staggies from Livingston in the summer of 2006, held talks with Hibs manager Colin Calderwood after the clubs agreed a fee for the 24-year-old and completed the formalities of his transfer last night, although County have refused to confirm the sum involved.

Mikey
25-01-2011, 12:05 PM

Here's what it says.......

Versatile midfielder Martin Scott has sealed a move to Hibernian FC, signing a two and a half year contract.

He has been a hugely influential figure in the Ross County side during his four and a half years with the club.

Everyone at Ross County would like to thank him for his contribution to the Club during this time and wish him all the very best for his future football career.

At The Edge
25-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Nowt on our offical site, maybe Hibs will do a press release for a couple/few today?
Scott, Thornhill, The Czech Keeper if he's impressed on his trial?

Pretty Boy
25-01-2011, 12:12 PM
From the glimpses i have seen of this guy and what some have said could it be this is a guy who needs to step up to play to his potential?

Ran the show against us twice and looked very good against Celtc in the Scottish Cup semi. Shows glimpses in the 1st division but doesn't always get going. Maybe someone who was starting to stagnate at County and needed to move onto a bigger stage to take his game to the next level? Heres hoping.

Welcome to Hibs Jimmy.

Speedway
25-01-2011, 12:31 PM
So have we finally found a filling for the Matty Jack roll?

Wotherspiniesta
25-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Official

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110125/scott-signs_2262950_2275919

3 and a half year deal.

BEEJ
25-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Nowt on our offical site, maybe Hibs will do a press release for a couple/few today?
Scott, Thornhill, The Czech Keeper if he's impressed on his trial?
Now confirmed on official site.

PeeJay
25-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Good luck to the lad - hope he does well for us and enjoys his time at ER!:thumbsup:

greenlex
25-01-2011, 12:37 PM
So have we finally found a filling for the Matty Jack roll?

Might just end up as a Sub.

superfurryhibby
25-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Not the most inspiring signing given that we are in a relegation struggle. Still he cannae be worse than the midfielders we've got.

Good luck Martin and welcome to ER, show us that you can cut it in the SPL

Centre forward, right back and centre half still required.

Speedway
25-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Interesting comments from CC on the fishy.

Sir David Gray
25-01-2011, 12:46 PM
I think the biggest compliment that I can give him at this stage, since I haven't seen him play too often, is that he can't possibly make us any worse than we are at present.

Good luck to him.

Is this our first confirmed signing of the window? I haven't seen anything on the official site saying that Matt Thornhill's medical was completed successfully and that he has now officially signed.

I may be wrong though.

Gatecrasher
25-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Get stuck in Martin :thumbsup:

roondheid
25-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Get stuck in Martin :thumbsup: :agree:

marinello59
25-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Been on the radar since November apparently. So CC identified a target then work went on quietly behind the scenes to get him signed up. Surely that can't be right?:wink:

BEEJ
25-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Been on the radar since November apparently. So CC identified a target then work went on quietly behind the scenes to get him signed up. Surely that can't be right?:wink:
Aye, and it's only the 25th of January. :wink:

Speedway
25-01-2011, 12:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV3W6oYnSfs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K2BH3dklJo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0&feature=related

GreenCastle
25-01-2011, 12:59 PM
So we spent 100,000 on him...:dunno:

Welcome - you have nothing to lose here!

Mikey
25-01-2011, 01:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV3W6oYnSfs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K2BH3dklJo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0&feature=related

:greengrin

SlickShoes
25-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Everyone is so grim.

Good luck to the guy, i hope he does well and enjoys his time here.

Countless threads about us needing guys like this, although when one comes along everyone puts on there negative hats once again. We have tried signing the dregs of the premiership and the championship and thats not worked out well, lets look at people intent on giving 100% and working hard for the team.

As long as he isnt a money hungry mercenary and shows a bit of fight then he wont be any worse than the players we already have sauntering about in the midfield.

Gatecrasher
25-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Everyone is so grim.

Countless threads about us needing guys like this, although when one comes along everyone puts on there negative hats once again. We have tried signing the dregs of the premiership and the championship and thats not worked out well, lets look at people intent on giving 100% and working hard for the team.

As long as he isnt a money hungry mercenary and shows a bit of fight then he wont be any worse than the players we already have sauntering about in the midfield.:top marks

AFKA5814_Hibs
25-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Welcome to ER and get stuck into the Huns tomorrow.

BEEJ
25-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Everyone is so grim.

Everyone? Really? :coolhib:

Hibee_Lisa
25-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Welcome,and good luck :thumbsup:

smurf
25-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Wishing you a fantastic career at Easter Road Martin Scott. You join us in tough times. In times where we shouldn't be where we are. And you can establish your part in our hearts by playing your part in getting us up the table ASAP.

SlickShoes
25-01-2011, 01:21 PM
Everyone? Really? :coolhib:

Yep, EVERYONE!

I kinda thought someone would pick up on my sweeping generalisation but i left it in anyway! I dont mean everyone but there is a lot of people moaning and its hard to keep track of whos who.

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-01-2011, 01:25 PM
What team does he support....:rolleyes:

:wink:

blackpoolhibs
25-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Good luck Martin, this is a win win deal.:thumbsup: It means one of Murray DeGraff or Rankin is nearer the front door.

O'Brien[11]
25-01-2011, 01:37 PM
He's a celtic fan, but welcome to the hibbys jimmy!

Zazu62
25-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Welcome to the club martin get stuck in :agree:

Spike Mandela
25-01-2011, 01:39 PM

....or identified as an easy purchase at 4th or 5th choice if all other targets fall through:wink:

Walter
25-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Things are reminding me a bit of when McLeish came in, he brought in Justin Skinner didn't he? Not spectacular but capable of shoring things up

HibbyAndy
25-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Did you ken you can spell 'Rima stic ' Fae his name :greengrin

Kaiser1962
25-01-2011, 01:41 PM
....or identified as an easy purchase at 4th or 5th choice if all other targets fall through:wink:

Depending on your point of view. Seems to bring something to side we dont have and, at £100k, if he's 5th choice who was first I wonder?

Stevie Reid
25-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Things are reminding me a bit of when McLeish came in, he brought in Justin Skinner didn't he? Not spectacular but capable of shoring things up

Skinner and Brebner, and gave us a proper midfield when we had none. Skinner was a very good player for Hibs, and one we let go a bit too early IMO. Went on to be a standout at sweeper for Dunfermline IIRC.

All the best Jimmy, you sound like exactly what we need.

GreenCastle
25-01-2011, 01:52 PM
;2708519"]He's a celtic fan, but welcome to the hibbys jimmy!

Who cares :greengrin

He also named his dog after Bobe Balde too strangely..

Diclonius
25-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Anyone know his squad number?

Hibernia Na Eir
25-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Worth remembering st mirren signed a few cowden boys and one or two have done ok. The big lad will do well at hibs and can only be better than what we already have!

Mikey
25-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Everyone is so grim.

It's not everyone, it's just a small number of posters going on and on and on and on so that they make themselves heard.

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-01-2011, 02:15 PM

Oh gawd :rolleyes:

Then after a great season at ER he'll be trotting off down to darkhied then right?

See it all before

hibs0666
25-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Oh gawd :rolleyes:

Then after a great season at ER he'll be trotting off down to darkhied then right?

See it all before

So you've got the guy runnng out of the door before he's even kicked a ball!

Either the guy gets panned for being ******, or the guy gets panned for being good.

Hibs fans eh - whae's like us? :flag:

scoopyboy
25-01-2011, 02:39 PM

I had thought of that possibility - but if so would you then award a three and a half year deal?

Craig_in_Prague
25-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Glad we've signed what seems like 2 players now, always nice to have fresh faces as it = some fresh hope.

Don't know why this guy wasn't signed much nearer 1st Jan though, if it was clear for a while that we'd likely be going after him.

We might finally start putting up a fight in midfield

trev the hat
25-01-2011, 02:57 PM
:thumbsup: Welcome to the Hibs Martin :thumbsup:

greenlex
25-01-2011, 04:14 PM

From the fishy site.

Manager Colin Calderwood admits he is very pleased to have added Scott to the club's playing staff and reveals the midfielder had been on his radar since early November.
Calderwood said: "I'm delighted we've managed to sign Martin. He comes into a competitive area of the team and has all the attributes I'm looking for in a player.
"I think one of the first games I went to watch after I'd been appointed manager here was Ross County and I was very impressed with him.
"I asked the rest of the staff about him and he was a player, who was highly thought of.
"I did a bit more homework on him and then when Derek (Adams) joined he testified about his character and ability.
"Martin is a player who will give everything every day, and I'm looking forward to having him as part of our squad."

4th or 5th Choice? I dont think so. :rolleyes:

Spike Mandela
25-01-2011, 04:26 PM
From the fishy site.

Manager Colin Calderwood admits he is very pleased to have added Scott to the club's playing staff and reveals the midfielder had been on his radar since early November.
Calderwood said: "I'm delighted we've managed to sign Martin. He comes into a competitive area of the team and has all the attributes I'm looking for in a player.
"I think one of the first games I went to watch after I'd been appointed manager here was Ross County and I was very impressed with him.
"I asked the rest of the staff about him and he was a player, who was highly thought of.
"I did a bit more homework on him and then when Derek (Adams) joined he testified about his character and ability.
"Martin is a player who will give everything every day, and I'm looking forward to having him as part of our squad."

It was a flippant remark in response to another post Greenlex so please take it in context:cool2:

However I'm sure he was one of a list of many names the manager looked at and none of us will ever know how high or low he was on that list. The manager is unlikely to talk down a new signing is he?

Good luck to the lad.

greenlex
25-01-2011, 04:29 PM
It was a flippant remark in response to another post Greenlex so please take it in context:cool2:

However I'm sure he was one of a list of many names the manager looked at and none of us will ever know how high or low he was on that list. The manager is unlikely to talk down a new signing is he?

Good luck to the lad.
:grr: Loose lips sink ships.

IWasThere2016
25-01-2011, 04:33 PM

He is indeed - as is CC

Kaiser1962
25-01-2011, 04:35 PM

Good luck to the lad.

Sure I saw an off the cuff remark where CC said he must have looked at 150 players at least.

PaulSmith
25-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Good luck to the lad and I'm sure he'll improve the current midfield.

--------
25-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Skinner and Brebner, and gave us a proper midfield when we had none. Skinner was a very good player for Hibs, and one we let go a bit too early IMO. Went on to be a standout at sweeper for Dunfermline IIRC.

All the best Jimmy, you sound like exactly what we need.

Or that "not Hibs class" journeyman, Stu Lovell. Another player we released at least a season too soon....

From the fishy site.

We've been girning for how long about a midfield that doesn't compete and won't get stuck in? now we sign a guy with a reputation for hard work, good attitude and application - and we're still girning.

Two strong midfield players signed in a week - that seems to me to be decent business to me. (I'm assuming there's no major glitch in the Thornhill deal?)

Word of interest in certain other quarters - defender, utility player, that sort of thing. And CC saying he's prepared to ask for big money (more that we paid for DLC, if I understand him right) if the right player comes available.

And the lad Towell on loan till June - a defender.

I'm not yet a happy bunny - we could still go down, and I'm not yet fully convinced there isn't something chronically rotten in the state of Hibernian FC - but at least I'm now marginally less miserable than I was on Saturday evening.

Baldy Foghorn
25-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Good luck to you Martin, get stuck in and give your all, and I can't ask for much more than that......:agree:

7Hero
25-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Or that "not Hibs class" journeyman, Stu Lovell. Another player we released at least a season too soon....

We've been girning for how long about a midfield that doesn't compete and won't get stuck in. now we sign a guy with a reputation for hard work, good attitude and application - and we'[re still girning.

Two strong midfield players signed in a week - that seems to me to be decent business to me. (I'm assuming there's no major glitch in the Thornhill deal?)

Word of interest in certain other quarters - defender, utility player, that sort of thing. And CC saying he's prepared to ask for big money (more that we paid for DLC, if I understand him right) if the right player comes available.

And the lad Towell on loan till June - a defender.

I'm not yet a happy bunny - we could still go down, and I'm not yet fully convinced there isn't something chronically rotten in the state of Hibernian FC - but at least I'm now marginally less miserable than I was on Saturday evening.

Agree completely with thispost, although calderwood aint getting money like that to spend. Feeling a bit more optimistic than last week, we needed fighters and we have some so hopefully we can stay up then fill the deadwoods space in the summer..

--------
25-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Agree completely with thispost, although calderwood aint getting money like that to spend. Feeling a bit more optimistic than last week, we needed fighters and we have some so hopefully we can stay up then fill the deadwoods space in the summer..

I couldn't see us paying a fee in excess of £700,000 myself, either. :rolleyes:

Staying up, then starting the rebuild in the summer - that would do me fine as well. :agree: