PDA

View Full Version : New song request

jackhfc
24-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Not sure if people will like it based on the fact the 'wee greens' already use the tune but here goes lol

When I think about you Hibee's I go outta my head, I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough

And everytime you score a goal Hibs I go outta my head, I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough

You are the Hibee's the team that I love and I just cant seem to get enough oh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh......:flag:

CabbageBoy
24-01-2011, 10:45 AM
What are these 'goals' that you sing of?

JACK_HFC
24-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Thats what happens when the ball crosses the other teams goal line (i)
we are crap but we still get the odd goal :not worth

jackhfc
24-01-2011, 10:51 AM
What are these 'goals' that you sing of?

The ones that ocassionally pop up and because there's not many we go 'out of our heads'

McKenzie
24-01-2011, 12:52 PM
The ones that ocassionally pop up and because there's not many we go 'out of our heads'
Defo up for that, got to get the bouncy too

BS44
24-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Oh, give me land, lots of land under starry skies above,
Hibernian.
Let me ride through the wide open country that I love,
Hibernian
Let me be by myself in the evenin' breeze,
And listen to the murmur of the cottonwood trees,
Send me off forever but I ask you please,
Hibernian

Just turn me loose, let me straddle my old saddle
Underneath the Leith skies.
On my Cayuse, let me wander over yonder
Till I see Easter Road rise.

I want to ride to the ridge where the west commences
And gaze at the moon till I lose my senses
And I can't look at Gorgie and I can't stand Hearts fans,
Hibernian

Dunbar Hibee
24-01-2011, 03:33 PM
That Celtic 'cant get enough' song that they sing is totally cringeworthy IMO. And it would be 100x more cringeworthy if we started singing it too...

jackhfc
24-01-2011, 04:11 PM
That Celtic 'cant get enough' song that they sing is totally cringeworthy IMO. And it would be 100x more cringeworthy if we started singing it too...

More cringeworthy than 'Hibernian, Hibernian, RA RA RA' ?

Pretty Boy
24-01-2011, 04:20 PM
What i always wonder is how come every time Celtc, Rangers or Hearts come to ER they always seem to have a couple of new songs (some bigoted, some not) that a majority of the fans seem to join in with. Yet whenever we try to get a new song going it never takes off. The guys in the singing section have a go at getting songs going and one or 2 other pockets join in but they die on their erse pretty sharpish. Then before you know it we're back to the same 4 or 5 chants and songs we have been singing for god knows how long.

So, genuine question, how do they get it done?

jackhfc
24-01-2011, 04:51 PM
What i always wonder is how come every time Celtc, Rangers or Hearts come to ER they always seem to have a couple of new songs (some bigoted, some not) that a majority of the fans seem to join in with. Yet whenever we try to get a new song going it never takes off. The guys in the singing section have a go at getting songs going and one or 2 other pockets join in but they die on their erse pretty sharpish. Then before you know it we're back to the same 4 or 5 chants and songs we have been singing for god knows how long.

So, genuine question, how do they get it done?

True that:agree:

To reply to you're question, it's pretty hard to get it done, posting the words everywhere and trying to start it at a game is about all that can be done?:dunno:
If anyone has a good idea on how to 'spread' it around etc etc... please tell:thumbsup::flag:

linlithgowhibbie
24-01-2011, 06:23 PM

Have you never thought that its a joke/ fun chant. Something we certainly need just now:agree:

iwasthere1972
24-01-2011, 06:28 PM
True that:agree:

To reply to you're question, it's pretty hard to get it done, posting the words everywhere and trying to start it at a game is about all that can be done?:dunno:
If anyone has a good idea on how to 'spread' it around etc etc... please tell:thumbsup::flag:

How about getting the club to put the lyrics up on the scoreboard. After all we don't use it anymore.

Simples. :aok:

Dunbar Hibee
24-01-2011, 07:03 PM

Yes.

soul_driver
24-01-2011, 08:12 PM

:top marks

Broken Gnome
24-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Did Celtic not start playing it over the tannoy when they score at Celtic Park?
There were big groups of drunken apes singing it in Tollcross the night they beat us. They sounded like f@nnies and immensely thumpable. That'll be a no then.

Not to mention the fact (ignoring the Depeche Mode reference) that it was arounds 3,800 men singing a Saturdays song, yet it's us that are the gay ones.... hmm.

.Sean.
24-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Not sure if people will like it based on the fact the 'wee greens' already use the tune but here goes lol

When I think about you Hibee's I go outta my head, I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough

And everytime you score a goal Hibs I go outta my head, I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough

You are the Hibee's the team that I love and I just cant seem to get enough oh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh......:flag:
Can't see many folk being up for copying a cringeworthy wee Celtic ditty. It'd be embarassing if i'm being honest

Yup :agree: