PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Jeremie Roumegous

Hakim Sar
24-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Attracting interest from hibs. Plays for Chateauroux. Just been on Eurosport

J-C
24-01-2011, 09:24 AM

No mention on Wiki as to his prefered position, so maybe a utility defender who can play anywhere in the back 4.

bingo70
24-01-2011, 09:25 AM

Just had a look at google images and he looks a bit of a fat **** and appears to have had a tough paper round if he really is only 24 years old :greengrin

CC was saying last week that he would prefer brittish players this window so i'm wondering if this guy and the boy from swindon might be in mind for next season.

Future17
24-01-2011, 09:25 AM
No mention on Wiki as to his prefered position, so maybe a utility defender who can play anywhere in the back 4.

Some info online suggesting he is a midfielder so you're probably right with the utility part.

Andy74
24-01-2011, 09:31 AM
Looks a bit mental in the Matty Jack sense. CC has been saying he needs people who like a tackle, which we do.

Iain G
24-01-2011, 09:51 AM
25 year old central defender who started his career at Auxerre. Well so says footy manager :)

Hibs On Tour
24-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Looks a bit mental in the Matty Jack sense. CC has been saying he needs people who like a tackle, which we do.

Our team is so powder-puff just now he'd be as well signing Julian Clary which should tick the above box... :cool2:

Kaiser1962
24-01-2011, 03:26 PM

We need a serious headcases as well. Got none who are seriously mental when it gets tough out there, they all hide. May actually instill some fight in the others.

Jack
24-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Jérémie Roumégous

5' 11"

25 years old

Played last couple of seasons in Ligue 2 – France for LB Châteauroux and Olympique Nîmes – 43 matches in last 2 seasons.

Defence - Centre Back, right footed.

Contract until June 2012. Even if he were to cost money it wouldn’t be much.

Cropley10
24-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Jérémie Roumégous

5' 11"

25 years old

Played last couple of seasons in Ligue 2 – France for LB Châteauroux and Olympique Nîmes – 43 matches in last 2 seasons.

Defence - Centre Back, right footed.

Contract until June 2012. Even if he were to cost money it wouldn’t be much.

Looks like precisely the sought of guy Collins, Mixu and Yogi got in - Patrick Nouboussie springs to mind or Steven Pinau.

Desperate stuff - we've gone from talking about Rooney, Dailly and Davidson to players no-one has ever heard of.

Lets hope they're not being signed on Div 1 wages and that they can help us finish >11

micksoo
24-01-2011, 05:05 PM
if you were from France you may well have heard of this guy but not Davidson, Dailly or Rooney.

greenlex
24-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Too wee.

Fergus52
24-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Looks like precisely the sought of guy Collins, Mixu and Yogi got in - Patrick Nouboussie springs to mind or Steven Pinau.

Desperate stuff - we've gone from talking about Rooney, Dailly and Davidson to players no-one has ever heard of.

Lets hope they're not being signed on Div 1 wages and that they can help us finish >11

you think anyone in french football has heard of rooney, dailly or davidson?

stokesmessiah
24-01-2011, 05:48 PM

That is the most ridiculous logis ever...sign someone who's name we have heard.
Surely the whole business model for our club suggests we should be signing hidden gems and developing and selling on as well as developing youth??

Besides everyone had heard of Nish, Rankin, Miller & Co....Thats got us far eh??

Cropley10
24-01-2011, 06:26 PM
That is the most ridiculous logis ever...sign someone who's name we have heard.
Surely the whole business model for our club suggests we should be signing hidden gems and developing and selling on as well as developing youth??

Besides everyone had heard of Nish, Rankin, Miller & Co....Thats got us far eh??

It wasn't Nish Rankin and Miller alone that got us into this mess... it was the policy of selling quality and signing no-bodies; players that no-one had heard of and no one else wanted, is this what you mean by hidden gems. Who was the last hidden gem we signed then?

As I said - desperate stuff. I thought the one thing Colin would bring would be a book of contacts from the English lower leagues - along the lines of Jones. Instead the Director of Football has unearthed another quality signing by the sounds of it. Or it has all the hallmarks of exactly the same signing policy we've all been saying we need to abandon.

stokesmessiah
24-01-2011, 06:34 PM
It wasn't Nish Rankin and Miller alone that got us into this mess... it was the policy of selling quality and signing no-bodies; players that no-one had heard of and no one else wanted, is this what you mean by hidden gems. Who was the last hidden gem we signed then?

As I said - desperate stuff. I thought the one thing Colin would bring would be a book of contacts from the English lower leagues - along the lines of Jones. Instead the Director of Football has unearthed another quality signing by the sounds of it. Or it has all the hallmarks of exactly the same signing policy we've all been saying we need to abandon.

My point was how do you know they are dire????? Because you have not heard of them?

The Falcon
24-01-2011, 06:42 PM

Do we have a Director of Football?

--------
24-01-2011, 06:47 PM
My point was how do you know they are dire????? Because you have not heard of them?

I think that the balance of probabilities would suggest that this guy falls into the category of "unknown quantity" rather than "hidden gem".

Like the majority of the players signed by successive managers (or perhaps by our "Director of Football" - who he?) over the past 6/7 years...

Diamonds are "hidden gems". But diamonds are made of the same substance as coal-dust, and IIRC another name for coal-dust is "dross".

(((Fergus)))
24-01-2011, 07:01 PM
transfermarkt.de says he is 1.81 metres (5 foot 9), right-footed and a central defender.

Hibee Daz
24-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Plays for Chatterbox......... oh well it must be a lot of Tom Kite!:wink:

Pretty Boy
24-01-2011, 07:31 PM
I've got a mate whos a Le Havre season ticket holder. Think they are in the same league as this guys teams. I'll give him a phone and see if he can give me a quick scout report.

You can all chip in a few pence towards the cost of the long distance phone call.:wink:

GraniteCityHibs
24-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Too wee.

We're signing him aswell!? He was very good for the North Koreans at the world cup!

Jack
24-01-2011, 09:18 PM
transfermarkt.de says he is 1.81 metres (5 foot 9), right-footed and a central defender.

That's where I got 5' 11"

I put 1.81 into a metric converter and ...

Answer: 1.81 m = 5.93832 '
OR 5 ' and 11.25 "

:cool2:

hibsbollah
24-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Le Havre was who we bought Boozy from, and they have one of the best youth programmes in France. Ligue 2 in France is a good standard and id have no problem if we dipped in there a bit more.

Pretty Boy
24-01-2011, 10:24 PM
I've got a mate whos a Le Havre season ticket holder. Think they are in the same league as this guys teams. I'll give him a phone and see if he can give me a quick scout report.

You can all chip in a few pence towards the cost of the long distance phone call.:wink:

Ok had a wee chat with my mate who knew exactly who i meant.

He reckons the guy is a decent player by Ligue 2 standard so says he should be decent enough for the SPL. He says he isn't the tallest but has a very good leap and doesn't lose out in the air too often, usually plays as a centre back, isn't quick so will drop deep to give himself room almost like a sweeper, can also play right back if needed. Can play football but is generally a bit safety first and will only try a pass, run etc if it's on, if not he'll clear it first. He also says he is a pretty hard tackler and known to be pretty solid as he is 'a big guy'.

All this came from my mates new flatmate who is a Nimes supporter who Roumegous played with before joining Chateauroux.

Cropley10
24-01-2011, 10:25 PM

He reckons the guy is a decent player by Ligue 2 standard so says he should be decent enough for the SPL. He says he isn't the tallest but has a very good leap and doesn't lose out in the air too often, usually plays as a centre back, isn't quick so will drop deep to give himself room almost like a sweeper, can also play right back if needed. Can play football but is generally a bit safety first and will only try a pass, run etc if it's on, if not he'll clear it first. He also says he is a pretty hard tackler and known to be pretty solid as he is 'a big guy'.

All this came from my mates new flatmate who is a Nimes supporter who Roumegous played with before joining Chateauroux.

great info!:aok:

sven nil
24-01-2011, 10:35 PM
We're signing him aswell!? He was very good for the North Koreans at the world cup!

GOOD ONE! Thought he was still under contract!

libernian
25-01-2011, 09:52 PM

i take he meant fat then... ah well bring him in - might as well

--------
25-01-2011, 09:58 PM

I'm not in any way suggesting that this lad could be as good as the Great Man himself, but IIRC (and I do) one John (Sloop) Blackley played sweeper for us some years ago.

And IIRC (and I do) he was 5' 11".

And it didn't stop him being a VERY effective defender indeed.

And Sloop was another one who was built like a brick scheisshaus.... :devil: