PDA

View Full Version : January Prediction

Speedway
24-01-2011, 08:03 AM
I predict that the board will again be able to say that they backed their manager by giving him what he wanted in January (apart from resignation acceptance)

CC has asked for 4 players and 4 will be delivered. CC has wanted to build the spine of his team and these will be:

GK - Divis
CH - Lescinel
MF - Thornhill
CF - McAllister (Rooney has told us where to go)

They may even go above and beyond the call of duty by signing Stephen Hughes on loan and 1 other on a pre-contract.

This will be our lot.

pacorosssco
24-01-2011, 08:49 AM
I predict that the board will again be able to say that they backed their manager by giving him what he wanted in January (apart from resignation acceptance)

CC has asked for 4 players and 4 will be delivered. CC has wanted to build the spine of his team and these will be:

GK - Divis
CH - Lescinel
MF - Thornhill

They may even go above and beyond the call of duty by signing Stephen Hughes on loan and 1 other on a pre-contract.

This will be our lot.

Is this enough to keep us up? Dont think so

Unless hes cheap do we need a keeper? Brown has been worth the little points weve had.

Lescinel . Hasnt cut it at falkirk and aberdeen not to metion swindon. hanlon or booth

thornhill. looks a prospect on paper but injured and may take time to get up to speed.

mcalister- dont know who you mean.

I would say we need another midfielder a centre half and a right back with another forward .

brown
rb ch murray hanlon
midfielder
wotherspoon thornhill stevenson/galbraith
riorden
forward
duffy
miller
galbraith
mcann
stevenson
byrne
booth
de graff

all looking to get back in

HFC 0-7
24-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Definately need another RB IMO, we are pretty much getting targeted down that wing each week. McCann may be the answer but is injury prone. If thise 4 come in though I will be happy, although dont know much about them to be honest but cant be any worse than we have.

jonny
24-01-2011, 10:25 AM

GK - Divis
CH - Lescinel
MF - Thornhill

This will be our lot.

Who is McAllister and how do you know the Rooney deal is dead? Terry Butcher was quoted in the Highland News as saying something is likely to happen this week? :dunno:

IWasThere2016
24-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Who is McAllister and how do you know the Rooney deal is dead? Terry Butcher was quoted in the Highland News as saying something is likely to happen this week? :dunno:

Rory McAllister, Brechin .. cannae see it personally.

jonny
24-01-2011, 10:33 AM

hmmm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_McAllister_(footballer)

released by Inverness in 2009 after only scoring 4 goals in 50 games. He was only 21 at the time though.
Has a good scoring record for Brechin, think I'd rather have Rooney....

Joy Zipper
24-01-2011, 10:41 AM
My prediction for January - 0 wins, 0 goals and 0 points !

Mikey
24-01-2011, 11:13 AM

I feel a bit sorry for him. It's only a rumour but he's already been dismissed as being not good enough and a troublemaker.

If he is signed instead of Rooney he'll have that baggage too.

18 goals this season suggests there's something there.

smurf
24-01-2011, 11:36 AM
My prediction is that neither the board or the manager are taking the serverity of our situation serious enough (lack of preparation for arrivals in Jan and talk of top six etc etc).

This sequence of relegation for has been the way it has for a full TWELVE MONTHS.

THIS squad of players could be managed by Sir Alex Ferguson and it would struggle to avoid the drop.

Somehow we must get some of the deadwood out now replaced by three or four of proven minimum SPL quality.

hibbydog
24-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Somehow we must get some of the deadwood out now replaced by three or four of proven minimum SPL quality.

Fair point and dont disagree, but how can we attract this type of player. We're second bottom of the league, possible/ probable relegation material.

Honestly, would you sign for Hibs right now?

PaulSmith
24-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Fair point and dont disagree, but how can we attract this type of player. We're second bottom of the league, possible/ probable relegation material.

Cash.

3pm
24-01-2011, 12:45 PM

There is interest TQM. Was told about it back on 27/12.

smurf
24-01-2011, 12:50 PM

Ultimately money talks. The club are going to have to produce, flash and show some as RELEGATION is unthinkable with far worse consequences than 1997/1998 relegation.

Spike Mandela
24-01-2011, 01:25 PM

GK - Divis
CH - Lescinel
MF - Thornhill

This will be our lot.

If factual a truyly feeble effort by one and all at Hibs. PATHETIC.

Barney McGrew
24-01-2011, 02:23 PM

We did that when brought in the likes of Nish and Rankin, who were established SPL players.

smurf
24-01-2011, 04:10 PM
We did that when brought in the likes of Nish and Rankin, who were established SPL players.

Both were proven SPL quality?

Perhaps Nish who always gave US problems but not Rankin....

With respect I don't look at many in the St Mirren side as PROVEN SPL quality for example.

Is our level not just a little greater than just anyone who has or is playing in the SPL?

Cropley10
24-01-2011, 04:19 PM

Of course you might argue that if you buy established SPL players - Nish was, Rankin wasn't IIRC, from the lower teams in the Division, then you end up in the bottom 6.

Our two last, decent signings were Stokes and Bamba, IMHO, they're both away. The dross Yogi brought with him from Falkirk are either away, or will be soon.

Jim44
24-01-2011, 04:29 PM
My prediction for January - 0 wins, 0 goals and 0 points !

................. and 0 sympathy unless all these rumoured names materialise and we move a few places up the league. :tsk tsk:

jacomo
24-01-2011, 05:05 PM

If he wants to go, the Board won't be able to stop him - much like JC three years ago.

greenlex
24-01-2011, 05:13 PM
My prediction is that neither the board or the manager are taking the serverity of our situation serious enough (lack of preparation for arrivals in Jan and talk of top six etc etc).

This sequence of relegation for has been the way it has for a full TWELVE MONTHS.

THIS squad of players could be managed by Sir Alex Ferguson and it would struggle to avoid the drop.

I agree Smurf if that is the boards answer to getting us out this hole I will be raging. Money (even short term) must be spent. Experienced loans, older heads are a must till the end of the season.
If these signings come to fruition the board is taking one huge gamble IMO.
This thread is however pure speculation. :rolleyes:

BEEJ
24-01-2011, 08:42 PM

GK - Divis
CH - Lescinel
MF - Thornhill

This will be our lot.
CC has denied there being any interest in this guy.

The Hibs boss dismissed those reports and others suggesting that Swindon Town defender Jean-Francois Lescinel, who previously had a spell with Falkirk, was a target for the Edinburgh club.

"There has been a conversation about him," said Calderwood. "The name was mentioned, as were probably 150 others, and it's an agent not doing his job properly.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9372385.stm

GraniteCityHibs
26-01-2011, 01:25 PM
I feel a bit sorry for him. It's only a rumour but he's already been dismissed as being not good enough and a troublemaker.

If he is signed instead of Rooney he'll have that baggage too.

18 goals this season suggests there's something there.

One word- Goalscorer!!

I know Rory, I spoke to him at a wedding last year and Hearts were mentioned at that time but he didn't think it would go anywhere! And he said he was just concentrating on scoring goals for Brechin and what will be wil be!!

I played with him in the Peterhead youth team, he's younger than me but he had something about him then. He went down to Chelsea shortly after that on trial and by all accounts did very well.

I hope for him that he is making the step up as he was dismissed when he was younger for attitude etc but he's playing full-time football now so somewhere along the line he's knuckled down and obviously worked very hard!!

Is he in on trial? or are we just looking at him?

Phil D. Rolls
26-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Is there any chance we could just wait and see what happens rather than all of this "we're doomed we're doomed" talk. It seems that some people will not be happy until we are relegated and then they are proved right.

My take on it is that we are finely balanced squad wise against Hamilton. There is an unsubstantiated school of thought that Hamilton are battlers and will do better than us.

How then are we still in front of them? All it takes for us to get away from them is a couple of players with physical presence and an aggressive approach. It will be tight, but the fact that we are spending money when they can't suggests we'll survive.

I hope.

HibsMax
26-01-2011, 02:54 PM

That's an opinion, not a prediction. :wink:

I am pretty sure that the board and manager are taking this VERY seriously. Many people talk about how the board is only concerned with the business side of things and not the footballing side of things. If that is the case, what business sense does it make to get relegated? Smaller gates = less money and by some accounts that's all the club cares about.

As fans we're passionate about the team that we love and support but I think that if anyone truly believes the board / club are content with our current predicament they're smoking some good s*** and where can I get some?

EDIT : you said lack of preparation above. Based on what? I read something from CC (posted on here) that said he has a long list of names. I'll see if I can find the link. Update : nope, can't find it. So many posts. Basically the statement was along the lines of CC talking about a target and then saying that PlayerA was just one of something like a 100 / 150 names.

HibsMax
26-01-2011, 03:02 PM
I predict that our new signings will turn out to be diamonds in the rough and be just what Hibs need to turn this awful season around.

Hey, my prediction is equally as valid as all the negative predictions, I just prefer a more positive outlook. :) I want to give the new kids a chance to make an impact before passing comment on their usefulness.

At the end of the day I might be wrong. I am not burying my head in the sand. I understand the gravity of our situation....gravity being the operative word since Hibs seem to be struggling to fight it right now!

The issue I have with some posts is that first there are complaints about lack of movement in the transfer window. Then when there is movement, there's not enough. And then the targets aren't considered good enough. It's just one downer after the next. I get the impression that some people would find a problem with Hibs signing Messi on loan...

CallumLaidlaw
26-01-2011, 03:11 PM
I predict that our new signings will turn out to be diamonds in the rough and be just what Hibs need to turn this awful season around.

Hey, my prediction is equally as valid as all the negative predictions, I just prefer a more positive outlook. :) I want to give the new kids a chance to make an impact before passing comment on their usefulness.

At the end of the day I might be wrong. I am not burying my head in the sand. I understand the gravity of our situation....gravity being the operative word since Hibs seem to be struggling to fight it right now!

The issue I have with some posts is that first there are complaints about lack of movement in the transfer window. Then when there is movement, there's not enough. And then the targets aren't considered good enough. It's just one downer after the next. I get the impression that some people would find a problem with Hibs signing Messi on loan...

Just another midget ;)

As said on another thread, I feel positive about our new signings and I still think we will bring in another 2

BEEJ
26-01-2011, 05:56 PM
EDIT : you said lack of preparation above. Based on what? I read something from CC (posted on here) that said he has a long list of names. I'll see if I can find the link. Update : nope, can't find it. So many posts. Basically the statement was along the lines of CC talking about a target and then saying that PlayerA was just one of something like a 100 / 150 names.
[Ahem] See quote on post #21. :wink:

However, there is a difference between 'discussing' 150 potential targets with various agents desperate to foist their clients upon you and actually investigating and researching your own list of player targets. There is no way that CC's list had 150 names on it. :greengrin

HibsMax
26-01-2011, 06:11 PM
[Ahem] See quote on post #21. :wink:

However, there is a difference between 'discussing' 150 potential targets with various agents desperate to foist their clients upon you and actually investigating and researching your own list of player targets. There is no way that CC's list had 150 names on it. :greengrin

LOL. What an ass. THANK YOU! I searched all other threads except this one.

On point 2, we'll agree to disagree. I accept the difference that you pointed out but I think that discussing 150 potential targets can be considered preparation which was all my point was. It's not like Hibs were doing NOTHING.

sahib
26-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Talking of strikers from Brechin can anyone remember a player ----- Jack that played for them. Long hair whith a large hooter poking out from under it.