PDA

View Full Version : Sir Alex mentions Hibs during interview

sunshine1875
23-01-2011, 08:11 PM
:woohoo:

Manchester United’s players head for the seaside on Tuesday – but have been ordered to keep off the Big Dipper and candyfloss!

United face Blackpool and manager Sir Alex Ferguson, whose aunt had a boarding house at the resort, recalls the folly of Hibs when they were down for a ­pre-season friendly.

Ferguson revealed: ­“Before the match the Hibs ­players went on the Big ­Dipper and ­ate candyfloss. At half-time the score was Blackpool 6 Hibs 0!

“You can be sure we’ll not be going on the Big ­Dipper or having candyfloss.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-United-players-have-been-banned-from-Blackpool-s-Big-Dipper-by-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-article679041.html

J-C
23-01-2011, 08:18 PM

Manchester United’s players head for the seaside on Tuesday – but have been ordered to keep off the Big Dipper and candyfloss!

United face Blackpool and manager Sir Alex Ferguson, whose aunt had a boarding house at the resort, recalls the folly of Hibs when they were down for a ­pre-season friendly.

Ferguson revealed: ­“Before the match the Hibs ­players went on the Big ­Dipper and ­ate candyfloss. At half-time the score was Blackpool 6 Hibs 0!

“You can be sure we’ll not be going on the Big ­Dipper or having candyfloss.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-United-players-have-been-banned-from-Blackpool-s-Big-Dipper-by-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-article679041.html

Cheeky get we won 2-1. :confused:

iwasthere1972
23-01-2011, 08:25 PM
I want to know what the Hibs players were doing with these two Lancashire burds, Big Dipper and Candy Floss. Or maybe I don't.

Alfred E Newman
23-01-2011, 08:53 PM

Must have been another game many moons ago, either that or the auld git is going senile.

sunshine1875
23-01-2011, 08:53 PM

Think he is referring to a game from many years ago. Either that or he is looking into the future:wink:

Titch
23-01-2011, 08:58 PM

United face Blackpool and manager Sir Alex Ferguson, whose aunt had a boarding house at the resort, recalls the folly of Hibs when they were down for a *pre-season friendly.

Ferguson revealed: *“Before the match the Hibs *players went on the Big *Dipper and *ate candyfloss. At half-time the score was Blackpool 6 Hibs 0!

“You can be sure we’ll not be going on the Big *Dipper or having candyfloss.”

when???

LancsHibs
23-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Think Fergies been on the pop again:drunk:

SMAXXA
23-01-2011, 09:23 PM
I want to know what the Hibs players were doing with these two Lancashire burds, Big Dipper and Candy Floss. Or maybe I don't.

:thumbsup:brilliant ha

Sherlock Jones
23-01-2011, 09:26 PM
We lost 2-6 to Blackpool in August 1967.

greenlex
23-01-2011, 09:26 PM
:hilarious:hilarious

monktonharp
23-01-2011, 10:00 PM

United face Blackpool and manager Sir Alex Ferguson, whose aunt had a boarding house at the resort, recalls the folly of Hibs when they were down for a *pre-season friendly.

Ferguson revealed: *“Before the match the Hibs *players went on the Big *Dipper and *ate candyfloss. At half-time the score was Blackpool 6 Hibs 0!

“You can be sure we’ll not be going on the Big *Dipper or having candyfloss.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-United-players-have-been-banned-from-Blackpool-s-Big-Dipper-by-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-article679041.htmlslavering auld govan twat. never liked him!!!!!!!!!!! Typical anti-Hibs ****. dont care if he's right or wrong. or wong as he would say:wink:

Sas_The_Hibby
23-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Think he is referring to a game from many years ago. Either that or he is looking into the future:wink:

I'd like to think that one day we could improve to the stage where we would only be losing 6-0 to Blackpool at half time, but I can't ever see it TBH! :wink:

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-01-2011, 10:42 PM
They sound about as professional as our current crop of idiots...

New Corrie
23-01-2011, 10:50 PM
What does Sir Alex know? His teams play hoofball the hun bassa, he knows nothing about the real flair football that Hibs play, really glad i'm not having to watch one of his teams play, all that typical hun industrial anti football stuff.Terrible fayre.

GreenCastle
23-01-2011, 10:51 PM
We beat Blackpool this pre-season with the current bunch of clowns!

Somehow..

Anyone got our team lineup that day ?

Sherlock Jones
23-01-2011, 10:55 PM
We beat Blackpool this pre-season with the current bunch of clowns!

Somehow..

Anyone got our team lineup that day ?

Smith (Brown 46) Hart (Thicot 56), Hogg (Murray 59), Bamba, Hanlon (Stevenson 69), De Graaf (Rankin 62), McBride, Miller, Wotherspoon, Stokes (Galbraith 72), Riordan

Scorers:
Riordan 32, Miller 77

GreenCastle
23-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Smith (Brown 46) Hart (Thicot 56), Hogg (Murray 59), Bamba, Hanlon (Stevenson 69), De Graaf (Rankin 62), McBride, Miller, Wotherspoon, Stokes (Galbraith 72), Riordan

Scorers:
Riordan 32, Miller 77

:aok:

Thanks

iwasthere1972
23-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Sir Alex was right.

Found a video of Nishie and his wife on one of the Blackpool rides before the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m5I7985QC0

I'm falling, I'm falling. Got to be our Colin.

Jonnyboy
23-01-2011, 11:07 PM
We lost 2-6 to Blackpool in August 1967.

:agree:

Our goals were scored by Joe Davis and Colin Stein

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-01-2011, 11:13 PM

Scorers:
Riordan 32, Miller 77

How in the name of hell did a team with Smith, Hart, Hogg and De Graaf all starting beat anyone? Let alone an EPL side?!? Crazy!!

Sherlock Jones
23-01-2011, 11:15 PM

Team:

Allan
Simpson
Davis
Duncan
Madsen
McGraw
Quinn
Grant
Stein
Cormack
Stevenson

Sub:
O'Rourke

LancashireHibby
23-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Who else thought after the game at Bloomfield in the summer that we'd have a good season and Blackpool would barely scrape a point?

iwasthere1972
23-01-2011, 11:25 PM

Any chance Joe scored from the penalty spot?

Jonnyboy
24-01-2011, 12:31 AM
Any chance Joe scored from the penalty spot?

Yip, a pen :agree: Joe was a great pen taker - wish we had one now :greengrin

IWasThere2016
24-01-2011, 07:02 AM
Who else thought after the game at Bloomfield in the summer that we'd have a good season and Blackpool would barely scrape a point?

Yogi.

LancsHibs
24-01-2011, 08:08 AM

Blackpool played NO new signings for the game against us, it was in effect almost a reserve side. It was a great day out but a poor game of football, almost meaningless for them (evidence in the size of the home crowd!), did little to paper over the cracks!!!

BTW was at Lancaster v Leigh earlier in season, thought I would have seen you there!?!

LancsHibs
24-01-2011, 09:15 AM
TE=darwenhibby;2706849]Quoted post removed [/QUOTE]

:faf: At least its not Man United:na na:

Sent ya a text about the Fleetwood V Barrow game, dont know if I've got your current number, you'r nutty wee nephew will be playin'!!

BTW fancy a wee trip to Hamilton?

Phil D. Rolls
24-01-2011, 09:42 AM
What does Sir Alex know? His teams play hoofball the hun bassa, he knows nothing about the real flair football that Hibs play, really glad i'm not having to watch one of his teams play, all that typical hun industrial anti football stuff.Terrible fayre.

Please.

LancashireHibby
24-01-2011, 10:48 AM
BTW was at Lancaster v Leigh earlier in season, thought I would have seen you there!?!

Was working that day so couldn't make it - probably a good thing given the final result!

We were supposed to play Lancaster at home on Saturday but it called off though I was already in Glasgow Central by the time they'd had the pitch inspection.