PDA

View Full Version : Possible signing? - Jakub Divis (Merged)

EH7
23-01-2011, 06:10 PM
You can 'Yam fud' me until your hearts are content, just thought you may be interested in this.

The hotel where Hibs put up their new signings (temporarily) and trialists, have just had someone booked in by Hibs.

Jakub Divis, a 24 year old Czech keeper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jakub_Divi%C5%A1

Abuse away, but it's true. :agree:

DAVE1875
23-01-2011, 06:11 PM
You can 'Yam fud' me until your hearts are content, just thought you may be interested in this.

The hotel where Hibs put up their new signings (temporarily) and trialists, have just had someone booked in by Hibs.

If it'strue hopefully it's another Petr Cech

ackeygraham
23-01-2011, 06:12 PM
He's not scored much has he?

Gala Foxes
23-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Have we not got enough "divi" goalies ?

Barney McGrew
23-01-2011, 06:13 PM
My understanding is that CC has been looking at keepers, so there may be something in this.

bingo70

Cheers for that ya yam fud :greengrin

TBH we're crying out for a keeper now we're down to our last 3 :agree:

The_Todd
Yam Fud!

:wink:

Cheers for the tip-off anyway. Some of you have your uses I suppose!

Wilson
If it'strue hopefully it's another Petr Cech

Signs aren't good. Check-in clerk chucked him his room key and he dropped it.

jackhfc
23-01-2011, 06:15 PM
A goalkeeper is not the first place we need to strengthen IMO, rather we signed a striker

The_Todd
23-01-2011, 06:15 PM

Defo Hibs class.

Springbank
23-01-2011, 06:16 PM
...but then he kicked the keys 60yards straight to colin nish...

DAVE1875
23-01-2011, 06:17 PM

Hopefully he wasn't accidently knee'd in the head by a passer-by as he went to pick the key up

persevere1875
23-01-2011, 06:24 PM
My understanding is that CC has been looking at keepers, so there may be something in this.

My understanding is CC needs to be looking at Keepers, as long as we can get rid of the dross that already exists, Smith just isnt up to it, Stack doesnt instill long term confidence in me and god only knows whats going on with Brown, decent enough keeper IMO if he could kick a ball but assume there's issues in there somewhere now he's been left out.

Wheat Hound
23-01-2011, 06:26 PM
6ft 5. Sounds ideal, albeit Maka was that size too. Certainly Dundee utd, hearts and hamilton have had good success with eastern European goalies, so may be a good start in rebuilding from the back. We shall see.

truehibernian
23-01-2011, 06:28 PM
6ft 5. Sounds ideal, albeit Maka was that size too. Certainly Dundee utd, hearts and hamilton have had good success with eastern European goalies, so may be a good start in rebuilding from the back. We shall see.

Spine of the team being looked at.

Keeper, centre half, midfielder, striker

greenlex
23-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Spine of the team being looked at.

Keeper, centre half, midfielder, striker
:agree: First thing to do when building a team.
Pity he doesnt have a clue.:rolleyes:

scoopyboy
23-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Does our Prague correspondants (Craig and / or Scott) have any knowledge of this chap?

down-the-slope
23-01-2011, 06:39 PM

:greengrin Thank you squire...if there are any trialiasts / potential signings we don't fancy...can we tip you off to add some syrup of figs to their Brekkie please :wink:

truehibernian
23-01-2011, 06:41 PM
:agree: First thing to do when building a team.
Pity he doesnt have a clue.:rolleyes:

It's the obvious thing to do at any level and we have needed it for years.

Colgan, Sauzee, Latapy, Mixu.......and build around........if only eh :greengrin

I still have a nagging suspicion that Michael Stewart will appear for Hibernian again. Best mates with Eoin Jess who in turn is friends with Calderwood.......

I remember when Calderwood was at Northampton he signed Eoin and Ian Taylor (ex Villa).........methinks CC will go down the road of getting in a couple of tried and tested players who he knows have been there and done it. So Stewart, now free, fits the bill perfectly and I think would harden up that midfield......also a very good penalty taker :agree:

HibeeMackenzie
23-01-2011, 06:46 PM
On January 23rd Jakub signed for Scottish club Hibernian on a one and a half year contract.

i know wikipedia isnt the best source but you never know ?

Kojock
23-01-2011, 06:47 PM
A goalkeeper is not the first place we need to strengthen IMO, rather we signed a striker

You dont lose goals, you dont lose games. :agree:

GreenCastle
23-01-2011, 06:48 PM
:pray:

scoopyboy
23-01-2011, 06:54 PM

Colgan, Sauzee, Latapy, Mixu.......and build around........if only eh :greengrin

I still have a nagging suspicion that Michael Stewart will appear for Hibernian again. Best mates with Eoin Jess who in turn is friends with Calderwood.......

I remember when Calderwood was at Northampton he signed Eoin and Ian Taylor (ex Villa).........methinks CC will go down the road of getting in a couple of tried and tested players who he knows have been there and done it. So Stewart, now free, fits the bill perfectly and I think would harden up that midfield......also a very good penalty taker :agree:

Everyone at Forest, including CC and Ian McParland hated Stewart when he was at Forest on loan from MU.

truehibernian
23-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Everyone at Forest, including CC and Ian McParland hated Stewart when he was at Forest on loan from MU.

That's quite revealing scoopy. I thought it was Joe Kinnear in charge at the time.

Do you think that CC will go down the "experience" route though ? Someone mentioned Christian Dailly the other day, and whilst not a signing which would get me all "leeds united", it could be one that fits the bill (or someone of that ilk)

Ernie Cobra
23-01-2011, 07:03 PM

0131 669 0444 "hello can i speak to jakub divis please?"

" awright Jakie have you signed fur the cabbage or what?"

seems straight forward enough :wink:

calder45a
23-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Think someone's having a laugh on wiki I hope. :wink:

He has one game played for the Czech Republic U-17 nationalside 2004 against Cyprus and for the U-21 holds 3 Caps, his last cap has played against England national under-21 football team (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England_national_under-21_football_team). He is utter *****.

PeterboroHibee
23-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Do we really need another keeper? Fair enough if 2 were going out the door now, but what a complete waste of wages if not.

Suppose if the boys any good (and if true), maybe its not a chance we should turn down, but if all we get this window is a keeper and a midfielder dont fancy our chances any more than before the start of January.

Speedway
23-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Jakub is trial with Hearts of Lothian in Edinburgh current.

:confused:

brog
23-01-2011, 07:12 PM
On January 23rd Jakub signed for Scottish club Hibernian on a one and a half year contract.

i know wikipedia isnt the best source but you never know ?

And on trial with Hearts of Lothian before that!!
Mind you I was visiting Edinburgh when Zibi came over & we were both in Carlton Hotel. I then saw him make his debut at St Pats & thought all our prayers were answered. :confused: Years on, we still don't have a goalie!

Judas Iscariot
23-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Do we really need another keeper? Fair enough if 2 were going out the door now, but what a complete waste of wages if not.

Suppose if the boys any good (and if true), maybe its not a chance we should turn down, but if all we get this window is a keeper and a midfielder dont fancy our chances any more than before the start of January.

All 3 of our goalies have their major faults, 1 is really ****ing rank, 1 is always injuries and the other can't kick for ****..

We need a GOOD, reliable, experienced GK

iwasthere1972
23-01-2011, 07:16 PM
According to Wiki he now doesn't have any arms. Still be better than we've got.

col02
23-01-2011, 07:17 PM
A good striker might win you a game but a good keeper might increase your chances of not losing a game! We need a keeper who can command his own area at set plays as while Brown is a steady keeper he is the same as the other two in being prone to staying on his line.

mcfly
23-01-2011, 07:18 PM
He has also developed a condition where he has rapid dioreeha

a dyslexic heart fan must have posted this

sundo1875
23-01-2011, 07:26 PM
he has seeming lost his arms in a horrendus hide the sausage accident:top marks

iwasthere1972
23-01-2011, 07:28 PM
he has seeming lost his arms in a horrendus hide the sausage accident:top marks

Looks like he won't be signing for us then. :wink:

J-C
23-01-2011, 07:32 PM
All 3 of our goalies have their major faults, 1 is really ****ing rank, 1 is always injuries and the other can't kick for ****..

We need a GOOD, reliable, experienced GK

Also are Smith and Stack not out of contract this summer.

Just checked wiki, christ 6' 5" he's a big mo fo. :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
23-01-2011, 07:34 PM
He's no coming to Hibs.

A phone call took place today. A brief transcript has been leaked to the press.

CC - Hi Rod I think I've solved our keeper problem. What about a Czech?

Rod -Colin did you say cheque? Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

CC - Rod are you still there?

Coats on. :agree:

Leishy1995
23-01-2011, 07:35 PM
I like Mark Brown, but he wont improve without decent competition

archiebald
23-01-2011, 07:45 PM
You build from the back :agree:

BEEJ
23-01-2011, 08:24 PM

Some really amusing comments on that wiki page. :thumbsup:

Cheers!

EH7
23-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Some really amusing comments on that wiki page. :thumbsup:

Cheers!

To be fair, they weren't there when I posted it :tsk tsk: :tee hee:

Forgetting the Wiki page, the info - just like Ernie Cobra's phone number :cool2:- is correct.

Walter
23-01-2011, 09:25 PM
That wikipedia page has been the best thing I have seen all weekend

basehibby
23-01-2011, 09:34 PM

I've thought that Brown has been our most convincing keeper for years based on his form this season (best since Anderson???) - which has left me scratching my head at Calderwood dropping him for the last couple of games.

Both Stack and Smith are out of contract at the end of the season though - so if any incomer represented a significant improvement on the position then it wouldn't be such a bad move - doesn't seem like the priority to me though so it would be a waste of time and money unless the guy represented truly outstanding value for money IMO.

Franck Stanton
23-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Now ah'm no saying this is correct, I dont have any "insider knowledge" however D'Unt players Bauben and Gomis are supposed to be signing for us . Source : Hibees Bounce.

LancashireHibby
23-01-2011, 11:28 PM
I thought goalkeeper was pretty much the only position where we knew we were pretty secure?

Ernie Cobra
23-01-2011, 11:39 PM
To be fair, they weren't there when I posted it :tsk tsk: :tee hee:

Forgetting the Wiki page, the info - just like Ernie Cobra's phone number :cool2:- is correct.

i know he's there, the bar is open late........deeks must be on is way!

H!BEE
24-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Football manager 11 says:

he is not as good as mark brown regards

handling and reflexes but he makes

better decisions and has more concentration.

he's got better; kicking, arial ability

and commands his box slightly better

(than brown), he can be quite

eccentric but nowhere near a makalamby

divis doesnt like to punch the ball

and his weakness seems to be when

one on one, (but is no worse than brown on this.)

he can be quite a controversial character

likes to win, and tends to display a lack of sportsmanship

he is also very right footed ;)

We shall wait and see lol.

:flag:GLORY GLORY :flag:

scott7_0(Prague)
24-01-2011, 12:04 PM
http://www.sportovninoviny.cz/fotbal/zpravy/brankar-divis-je-na-testech-ve-skotskem-hibernian/586131?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=feed

Basically he is saying he always wanted to test himself at a higher level and the SPL or 2nd Div of England would be a good starting point and it is up to him to prove himself during the trial.

Tonez
24-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Does this mean Smith & Stack out if we're looking for back up to Brown?

scott7_0(Prague)
24-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Does this mean Smith & Stack out if we're looking for back up to Brown?

Might be back up for Smith as Brown has allegedly fallen out with CC. :rolleyes:

Tonez
24-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Might be back up for Smith as Brown has allegedly fallen out with CC. :rolleyes:

God help us

CentreLine
24-01-2011, 12:49 PM
God help us

I hope Brown is simply injured and unavailable. But if he has fallen out with the manager perhaps it is about time that players were put in their place. Good for CC if that is the case

The Voice Of Reason
24-01-2011, 01:13 PM
I hope Brown is simply injured and unavailable. But if he has fallen out with the manager perhaps it is about time that players were put in their place. Good for CC if that is the case

Aye, but it would have been better if he had fallen out with De Graaf, Hart of Smith.........not Brown who has been our best player FFS. :confused:

We are now faced with Graeme "Coco the clown" Smith or Graham "gets injured tripping over a chalk line" Stack in goals.

Scary stuff.

Pretty Boy
24-01-2011, 01:15 PM
http://www.sportovninoviny.cz/fotbal/zpravy/brankar-divis-je-na-testech-ve-skotskem-hibernian/586131?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=feed

Basically he is saying he always wanted to test himself at a higher level and the SPL or 2nd Div of England would be a good starting point and it is up to him to prove himself during the trial.

Do you know much about him? Decent?

Gus Fring
24-01-2011, 01:21 PM
If Brown has been dropped for getting on the wrong side of CC hopefully it proves to the squad that nobody is too good to be dropped if they cross the manager. That was a problem that seemed to exist with Yogi.

New Corrie
24-01-2011, 01:22 PM

Even if they are in the right? Calderwood will do well to remember that it's all about results (clearly something he isnt aware of given his shambolic start at the club) and if Brown isnt injured, then he must have done something really bad for this balloon of manager to drop him and make us even more vulnerable.

jonny
24-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Brown has allegedly fallen out with CC.

As far as I'm aware no-one that claims to be "in the know" has actually come out and said this. It's mere speculation from fans as to the reason behind him being dropped. Lets be honest, it could be 101 things.

IMO Smith is the worst goalkeeper we've had at the club for a long time, and we have had some right huddies. He is simply not good enough.
Stack is always injured, which leaves Brown as the only reliable decent goalkeeper we have.
The lad coming on trial is probably (hopefully) being brought in as competition for Brown with the other pair shown the door.

scott7_0(Prague)
24-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Do you know much about him? Decent?

Decent pedigree and has played at international level as a kid, he is also 6foot 5 so should command his area well. Apart from that no!:greengrin

E10 Rifle
24-01-2011, 01:58 PM
When he says 2nd Div England he means 'The Championship'. Just in case anyone feels what he says is grading us a little low (or indeed high give recent results :hmmm:)

Beefster
24-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Well done to the Yam who posted this guy's name last night.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?202674-Possible-signing

Cod Boy
24-01-2011, 03:01 PM
if you have to go on trial with hibs can you be any good:duck:

Pretty Boy
24-01-2011, 03:06 PM
if you have to go on trial with hibs can you be any good:duck:

Could well be a 'trial' for both parties though.

Even if Hibs have been to watch him play it's likely to only have been once. The rest will have been made up of video footage and reports so maybe CC wants to see him in traning, see how he interacts with the squad, how he conducts himself in bounce games etc

As for him. Well he's a young guy. Moving from Czech Republic to Scotland is going to be a culture shock and a big change for him so maybe he wants to check out the facilities Hibs have, check out Edinburgh and Scotland, meet the coaches, players and so on and see if he feels he could settle here.

scott7_0(Prague)
24-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Moving from Czech Republic to Scotland is going to be a culture shock

:confused::confused:

HE has lived in Prague and also lived abroad in Slovakia... don't think he'll be phased that much with the lower standard of living in Scotland!!

:wink::wink:

Pretty Boy
24-01-2011, 03:24 PM
:confused::confused:

HE has lived in Prague and also lived abroad in Slovakia... don't think he'll be phased that much with the lower standard of living in Scotland!!

:wink::wink:

He's still going to have to learn a new language, prove he can drink at least 15 vodka redbulls on a night out, learn the delights of a greasy kebab at 4am, learn to play a game only a few hours after finishing a bender, prove his willingnes to blow a chunk of his weekly wage in the bookies and be ready to walk off the training pitch when he cant be ersed.

It's not easy becoming a Hibs player.:wink:

EH7
24-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Well done to the Yam who posted this guy's name last night.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?202674-Possible-signing

:aok:

If any more arrive at the hotel, I'll pass the info on.

scott7_0(Prague)
24-01-2011, 03:28 PM
He's still going to have to learn a new language, prove he can drink at least 15 vodka redbulls on a night out, learn the delights of a greasy kebab at 4am, learn to play a game only a few hours after finishing a bender, prove his willingnes to blow a chunk of his weekly wage in the bookies and be ready to walk off the training pitch when he cant be ersed.

With Czech being the biggest consumers of lager/beer in the world I really dont think he will have an issue fitting to the Hibs way and English as a 2nd language is not an issue for most young Czech's but then I suppose he would have to understand Leith talk.

JimBHibees
24-01-2011, 03:29 PM

Superb. :wink:

GreenCastle
24-01-2011, 03:42 PM

Looks like you were right :aok:

Wilson
24-01-2011, 03:49 PM

I wish to point out that although the callers info proved correct my post is a fabrication!

SteveHFC
24-01-2011, 04:08 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6699076,00.html

Doncaster are also after him.

scott7_0(Prague)
24-01-2011, 04:36 PM
If you are going to merge the thread at least get the lads name correct - Diviš not Divis!! :-)

HibbyAndy
24-01-2011, 04:37 PM

Oh well.

.Sean.
24-01-2011, 05:38 PM

Sounds like Stokes having a quiet one on a Tuesday night.

truehibernian
24-01-2011, 05:44 PM

:faf:

As Homer Simpson would say, it's funny cos it's true.......

And prettyboy......you also missed out the taking part in card schools and taxing cash off the youngsters

one day maybe...
25-01-2011, 12:14 PM

Says Hibs are his first choice, so hopefully he fits the bill trains well and ticks all the boxes, then he won't even consider Doncaster :aok:

degenerated
25-01-2011, 12:20 PM
With Czech being the biggest consumers of lager/beer in the world I really dont think he will have an issue fitting to the Hibs way and English as a 2nd language is not an issue for most young Czech's but then I suppose he would have to understand Leith talk.

once he finds out how bad the beer is in this country he won't be out drinking too much i would have thought :greengrin. it's a mighty step down from pilsner urquell to tennents, that'll be about the biggest culture shock. even the cooking lagers like gambrius and branik are a different league to the rubbish they serve in boozers here :agree:

proud_and_green
25-01-2011, 01:19 PM

That would be some song -

:music: "Oh Mikey, Mikey, he used to be a Jambo, then a hibee, then a jambo but we'll still rip him to shreds"

one day maybe...
26-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Jakub Divis, this is his last day on trial with Hibs before heading for Doncaster. Now I read that Doncaster was his second choice and he hoped that he could tie up a deal with Hibs. Has there been any info on how things have went with him, are we suitably impressed with him to make an offer or is he offski?