PDA

View Full Version : time to do our bit.

Hibiza
23-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Stick together, support the club and pull out of this together. come on.:flag:

HibsMax
23-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Stick together, support the club and pull out of this together. come on.:flag:
I agree but that will come over as a little empty since I am thousands of miles away and not really in a position to support Hibs, at least vocally on a Saturday afternoon.

If the players are expected to man up and get through this then I think it's only fair to ask the fans to do the same thing. I think if you look at the club as a whole then you will agree that the fans make up a part of it. If you agree that the fans are part of the club then it's not a huge leap to understand that the fans need to do their part too. I would say that all fans who turn their backs on the club have no right to complain. It's like those people who don't vote but complain about who is elected. You have to act to make a difference and I don't think that inaction (boycotting games for example) is the sort of action that the club needs.

Wheat Hound
23-01-2011, 03:44 PM
So just how long do we unconditionally shout, cheer, sing and clap the players? Into div one, div two? Onto another two or three cup exits to lower league teams? This bunch of wasters has been given great support this year and yet every week the fans are let down. Imho the only way the fans can have any real effect is to vote with their feet and force Petrie et al to take immediate and drastic action.

RickyS
23-01-2011, 04:05 PM
So just how long do we unconditionally shout, cheer, sing and clap the players? Into div one, div two? Onto another two or three cup exits to lower league teams? This bunch of wasters has been given great support this year and yet every week the fans are let down. Imho the only way the fans can have any real effect is to vote with their feet and force Petrie et al to take immediate and drastic action.

correct. I am at the "enough is enough" stage now. do they deserve support when most of them never go into 2nd gear. I dont think our current 1st team would beat the u19's. what I would love is to go to a game and have us win most of the 50/50's press a team, look organised and compete for everything. its easier to accept defeat that way if you believe every player gave their all. its been well over 12 months since I left a game believing that to be the case.