PDA

View Full Version : Turnstile Prices

billbee
23-01-2011, 12:59 PM
How much do you think is a fair price to pay to watch SPL matches (just now at ER nowt!) but seriously if they are thinking league reconstructure, what is a fair price to go to ER to watch a game?

I think £15.00 Adult up to £20 for a Derby and Infirm
All kids under 15 (the fans o the future) £5.00
OAP's £5.00
Students £10

Just a Thought! Anybody any opinions? :cool2:

GreenCastle
23-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Remember if they change the league in the SPL it will be for a 10 team league - so will you not be missing 2 home games ?

In the SPL we are nearly playing EPL prices for no where near the quality.

Right now it's not value for money.

I think the prices you mentioned are around reasonable - but maybe even should be lower.

Prices for the 1st division is a more suitable question..

billbee
23-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Goog point NJ :aok:

tony
23-01-2011, 01:39 PM
At the moment we pay more than some tickets for the Bundesliga, which is a joke that fans across Scotland aren't finding that funny anymore for the rubbish we have to watch. The ten team league is the nail in the coffin.

Capt Mainwaring
23-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Since the demise of big TV money, the club's budget is very much determined by the income through the gates. So whilst I agree that current prices are not providing value for money for the product on the pitch - if you reduce the prices you will reduce the amount the club has to spend on players.

I don't really buy the arguments that halfing the prices, doubles the attendances.

So reductions are fine but be prepared for further dilution on player spend ( or we could of course ask for a manager that was able to get better out of limited resources!)

For me the ideal price structure should be £20/22 max for adults - Cat A and £15/18 for Cat B. Would like to see Kids get in for £10 Cat A and £5 Cat B .

Crab apple
23-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Son and I paid £28 in total to watch yesterday's misery at FP.

Bishop Hibee
23-01-2011, 02:42 PM
No Hibs home game should be more than £25 tops for adults and more than £10 for an under 16 ticket for OF and Hearts. £20 and £5 the others.

Sadly, Hibs along with every other SPL club will charge what the market can bear.

bingo70
23-01-2011, 02:48 PM
No Hibs home game should be more than £25 tops for adults and more than £10 for an under 16 ticket for OF and Hearts. £20 and £5 the others.

Sadly, Hibs along with every other SPL club will charge what the market can bear.

Hibs and every club will charge as cheap as they can without losing more money, with the pish tv deal we've got it's our main source of income, despite these prices clubs are hardly rolling in the cash.

If there was any evidence that making it cheaper would increase the crowds then i'd be all for it but as it stands making it the prices you suggest would just mean less income so less money to improve this pish we have to watch.

Sir David Gray
23-01-2011, 02:51 PM
At the moment, it's us who should be paid to turn up to games.

Keith_M
23-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Turnstile Prices

Well, they're quite big b*ggers so they must cost a few quid..

:dunno:

Brizo
23-01-2011, 03:07 PM
First thing that should be done away with is the Category A game pricing rip off,

AFAIK the SPL beaks argument is that more than normal police and stewards are needed for Cat A games and therefore costs are more. By that logic games vs Hamilton and St Mirren that need lower than average policing / stewarding numbers should be discounted below the standard walk up price.

Fans are voting with their feet in large numbers particularly when it comes to televised Cat A games, If clubs including Hibs want to see crowds returning £20 adult walk up for all games and ditch the two tier walk up pricing scam.

iwasthere1972
23-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Supporters should be allowed to pay on the way out. Get rid of turnstiles and replace them with "Honesty boxes". Put in what you feel the game was worth. If really bad performance we should be able to take some cash out.

It's the way forward. :agree:

GreenCastle
23-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Supporters should be allowed to pay on the way out. Get rid of turnstiles and replace them with "Honesty boxes". Put in what you feel the game was worth. If really bad performance we should be able to take some cash out.

It's the way forward. :agree:

:greengrin:thumbsup:

Do players have one for the wages they are earning ?

Pick out what they think they deserve ?

Holmesdale Hibs
23-01-2011, 04:10 PM
For me the ideal price structure should be £20/22 max for adults - Cat A and £15/18 for Cat B. Would like to see Kids get in for £10 Cat A and £5 Cat B .

Sounds about right. The standard of Scottish football certainly isn't improving so its difficult to justify above inflation price rises.

To put in in perspective, my local team Millwall charge £22/£27 for tickets and Spurs charge £36/£50 depending on where you sit. I'd say Millwall are better than us (certainly at the moment) and watching top teams in the EPL is almost like watching a different sport at the moment.

madabouthibs
23-01-2011, 04:16 PM
£25 adult with child in the FF, maximum for any game.
£20 adult, £10 under 16 in the East and West. Up to £22 or £25 for adult Cat A game, but still £10 for kids.

16 to 18, or even 21 year olds pay £15, or £10 with a consession card. OAP's £10.
Girls with large bosoms, just open the bloody gates! :aok:

WindyMiller
23-01-2011, 04:48 PM
How much do you think is a fair price to pay to watch SPL matches (just now at ER nowt!) but seriously if they are thinking league reconstructure, what is a fair price to go to ER to watch a game?

I think £15.00 Adult up to £20 for a Derby and Infirm
All kids under 15 (the fans o the future) £5.00
OAP's £5.00
Students £10

Just a Thought! Anybody any opinions? :cool2:

Those prices seem fair but please remember that our player budget would equally reduce.
Even if our Board took no wages, our ability to bring in the sort of players we want would reduce.
Scottish football would die more quickly than it will now.
Maybe no bad thing.

jakki
23-01-2011, 07:35 PM
One thing that gets me is a few years ago,Hibs changed the OAP charges to over 65s. Male OAPs over 65 getting the same OAP as me get in cheaper than me getting the same OAP.

Some SPL teams have their OAP charges as over 60s. If I go to an away game,I have to go on their site to see what age are their OAP rates for.:confused: