PDA

View Full Version : YOGI - A Difficult Place To Work!

billbee
23-01-2011, 09:41 AM
Anybody see the interview on Friday night football centre programme on STV, Yogi says quote "Hibs is a difficult place to work" and that he " inherited Mixus players" and brought in 3 players, Gregg,McBride and Stokes. He doesnt know why he lost his job cos 4th in league is a success!

Just wonder where this 3 million SL quoted was spent over the last few seasons.

Anybody list all the players since TM left that we have had through the door at ER?

The Falcon
23-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Anybody see the interview on Friday night football centre programme on STV, Yogi says quote "Hibs is a difficult place to work" and that he " inherited Mixus players" and brought in 3 players, Gregg,McBride and Stokes. He doesnt know why he lost his job cos 4th in league is a success!

Anybody list all the players since TM left that we have had through the door at ER?

:troll:

Beefster
23-01-2011, 09:57 AM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?202581-All-the-players-to-leave-the-club-since-2006-07

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?202542-All-the-players-to-the-club-since-2006-07

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?202502-who-is-correct-Yogi-or-board

Springbank
23-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Mate, Falkirk was a difficult place to work for yogi. But he thought he knew better than the fans there,who had criticised him in a letter to the board (when they hit 2nd bottom) for being too stubborn,picking guys like mcbride etc. So yogi got lucky,got a job at er, brought with him the stubbornness and the players to prove a point. And we are second bottom,..

Pedantic_Hibee
23-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Yogi played a not insignificant part in making it a difficult place to work. Lest he not forget that.

Revisionism is a clinical trait for an ex-manager.

The Falcon
23-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Mate, Falkirk was a difficult place to work for yogi. But he thought he knew better than the fans there,who had criticised him in a letter to the board (when they hit 2nd bottom) for being too stubborn,picking guys like mcbride etc. So yogi got lucky,got a job at er, brought with him the stubbornness and the players to prove a point. And we are second bottom,..

And now, I would add, is trying to carver a career as a media pundit and in order to give his comments on football matters some credibility is laying the blame for the mess he created at the feet of others. Three players signed my arse.

Bobo
23-01-2011, 10:19 AM

He also brought in Stevens, Dickoh, De Graff, Smith, Brown, Trakys and Grounds (on Loan). Stokes apart the only others I've been happy with are Brown and the young lad Stevens.

Yogi had his opportunity to bring players to the club and failed miserably, he's just as responsible as Mixu was, before him, for filling our squad with sub-standard players.

Gala Foxes
23-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Yogi will fit in well on Radio Scotland - the BBC producers must have been hooked by his superb after match interviews last season - Ross County away was an all time classic

"I cannae ask any more of my laddies"

"they are giving their all"

"these guys are hurting"

As part of his training for his new role Colin Calderwood has clearly spent some time listening to these tapes as 12 games in he is saying the same thing.

Get the free-loading players that don't give a toss about the club or personal pride out now!!!!

Phil D. Rolls
23-01-2011, 10:27 AM

Yeah.

jdships
23-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Yogi played a not insignificant part in making it a difficult place to work. Lest he not forget that.

Revisionism is a clinical trait for an ex-manager.

:top marks:agree:

H!BEE
23-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Yogi has been deluded for a very very very long time.

Phil D. Rolls
23-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Yogi will fit in well on Radio Scotland - the BBC producers must have been hooked by his superb after match interviews last season - Ross County away was an all time classic

"I cannae ask any more of my laddies"

"they are giving their all"

"these guys are hurting"

As part of his training for his new role Colin Calderwood has clearly spent some time listening to these tapes as 12 games in he is saying the same thing.

Get the free-loading players that don't give a toss about the club or personal pride out now!!!!

In fairness to the Beeb, next to Murdo MacLeod and the other soor faced weedgies that populate the Sports broadcasts, Yogi will seem like Stephen Fry. One thing's for sure, he'll gie it a right good go.

TornadoHibby
23-01-2011, 10:36 AM
In fairness to the Beeb, next to Murdo MacLeod and the other soor faced weedgies that populate the Sports broadcasts, Yogi will seem like Stephen Fry. One thing's for sure, he'll gie it a right good go.

Aye, but oanly fur thae guys that ken aboot fitba! :wink: :cool2:

BEEJ
23-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Three players signed my arse.
Kinky! :greengrin

Winston Ingram
23-01-2011, 11:36 AM
3 players:confused:

Miller, Stokes, McBride, Smith, Brown, Stack, Dickoh, De Graff, McBride, Stephens, Hart, Duffy & Trakys.

13 players by my reckoning.

He can't count and wonders why he lost his job? Of the 13 he's brought in only 1 or 2 could be classed as a success. He also conveniently forgot to mention that he only won about 4 games in nearly a full calender year:confused:

The reason it was a hard place to work is because he was incompetent

Phil D. Rolls
23-01-2011, 11:46 AM

Miller, Stokes, McBride, Smith, Brown, Stack, Dickoh, De Graff, McBride, Stephens, Hart, Duffy & Trakys.

He can't count and wonders why he lost his job? Of the 13 he's brought in only 1 or 2 could be classed as a success. He also conveniently forgot to mention that he only won about 4 games in nearly a full calender year:confused:

Yeah but Yogi will just keep banging on, and lazy journos. with no real interest in anything outside the OF, will happily regurgitate his ramblings. After a while, it will just become accepted as a fact, rather like his claims about what he did at Falkirk.

In much the same way, he managed to talk a lot of people into thinking he could play the game in the first place. In certain quarters at Hibs he is highly regarded for the fight he brought to the team. What people miss is that he didn't have a football brain, and would frequently make poor decisions.

What puzzles me, is that if "fitba people ken what's goan oan", how comes he hasn't had a sniff of another job?

snooky
23-01-2011, 11:50 AM
YOGI - "A Difficult Place To Work!"

Too late to try Bilston Glen or Monktonhall, big man. :wink:

keep the faith
23-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Your team big man.

Your signings, your "type of characters" in the dressing room, your short contracts, your mess.

I like Yogi, but I think its a brass neck of epic proportions for him to transform into a media hack and slag of the current side.

This is a man who at half time on radio scotland the other week, suggested that the only way to get back into the derby was to bring on Nish and McBride!!

Kaiser1962
23-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Your team big man.

Your signings, your "type of characters" in the dressing room, your short contracts, your mess.

I like Yogi, but I think its a brass neck of epic proportions for him to transform into a media hack and slag of the current side.

This is a man who at half time on radio scotland the other week, suggested that the only way to get back into the derby was to bring on Nish and McBride!!

All of this!

sahib
23-01-2011, 12:05 PM
:faf::top marks
Kinky! :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
23-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Your team big man.

Yogi is behaving like a kid that has been exlcuded from school, but chooses to stand at the gates at playtime so that everybody remembers who he is.

He obviously still can't accept that he made an erchie of his dream job and is bumping his gums to anyone who will listen. Echoes of Clough at Derby, dreaming that fan power would bring him back when everyone else had moved on.

sahib
23-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Yogi is behaving like a kid that has been exlcuded from school, but chooses to stand at the gates at playtime so that everybody remembers who he is.

He obviously still can't accept that he made an erchie of his dream job and is bumping his gums to anyone who will listen. Echoes of Clough at Derby, dreaming that fan power would bring him back when everyone else had moved on.

Maybe, but if we dismiss everything ex-managers say as sour grapes are we not being hearts like:ostrich: What if things are not as the club would have us believe.

Beefster
23-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Maybe, but if we dismiss everything ex-managers say as sour grapes are we not being hearts like:ostrich: What if things are not as the club would have us believe.

If he gets his facts right then it might be worth a listen but, if he can get the number of players he took to Hibs that wrong, what else is he twisting to suit his purposes?

Hal Jordan
23-01-2011, 12:42 PM
If he gets his facts right then it might be worth a listen but, if he can get the number of players he took to Hibs that wrong, what else is he twisting to suit his purposes?

Mibby he's being honest, he only signed 3 players - and 10 huddies.

Zazu62
23-01-2011, 12:57 PM
What ever happened to the goalkeeping school or the school for goalkeepers? Whatever he called it.

s.a.m
23-01-2011, 01:06 PM
What ever happened to the goalkeeping school or the school for goalkeepers? Whatever he called it.

I think that went the same way as 'dutch football', and 'spanish football'.:dunno:

truehibernian

Stacky got injured opening the lid of his tupperware lunch box and hurting a thumb trying to open a dairylea lunchable.....will keep him out of class for a term I hear.

Graham Smith dropped his milk and is in the naughty corner, as long as he can get there without being impeded by his own shadow and the three chairs.....

Mark Brown has been made to do lines.....touchlines, byelines and halfway lines.......he likes them you know.....

Maka was expelled to some Welsh school where they have a different style of teaching......it's called the patient approach.

All in all it looks like this year's end of term bash will be kind of a low key affair.

(((Fergus)))

It was more of a remedial class

Phil D. Rolls
23-01-2011, 01:16 PM

Very good point, it's just that in Yogi's case I genuinely believe he was way out of his depth managing a club like Hibs.

thebakerboy
23-01-2011, 01:41 PM

And you missed out on his stellar signings Cregg and Hart:rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
23-01-2011, 02:01 PM

You're no a fitba person - that's 3! :wink: :greengrin

The Falcon
23-01-2011, 04:13 PM
You're no a fitba person - that's 3! :wink: :greengrin

Thats actually quite funny. :greengrin

lapsedhibee
23-01-2011, 04:29 PM
As Yogi is not the succinctest of speakers, I believe that he would have referred to it as the "goalkeeping school for goalkeepers".

Kaiser1962
23-01-2011, 04:34 PM

Spot on. If he gets such a basic fact wrong, or is attempting some sort of beneficial spin that would put his tenure in a better light, then the rest of what he says is discredited.

If he, or others, have something to say then let them come out and say it and give the club an opportunity to respond.

Brizo
23-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Your team big man.

I like Yogi, but I think its a brass neck of epic proportions for him to transform into a media hack and slag of the current side.[B]

Agree with that.

A brass neck ,an ego as big as a the Castle rock and a gift for self publicity that would put Max Clifford to shame. These are the character traits that will allow him to rewrite history via the media with the long term goal that some unsuspecting club believe the hype and give him a job. Short term his inarticulate ramblings make him prime TV pundit material. A gig which will no doubt be helped along the way in typical Scottish fitba media old pals act fashion by his number one apologist Alan Preston

Hibiza
23-01-2011, 04:40 PM
if the grapevine true Micheal Hart £4k a week, what a waste.

drumatic44
23-01-2011, 04:42 PM
He is also culpable (as is the board for sanctioning the signings) for all these short term ' prove yourself ' signings. Surely they could do the maths, all these contracts ending on or around the same time, total short termism with a car crash to follow.
People like Trakys, signing him when he is nowhere near fit, but looked usefull in some games Motherwell at ER. and at Ibrox. So he uses his time with us to get fit and then moves on for diddly squat.
AAAARRRRRGGGG !!!!!

ballengeich
23-01-2011, 04:59 PM
A gig which will no doubt be helped along the way in typical Scottish fitba media old pals act fashion by his number one apologist Alan Preston

As this thread has turned to the use of numbers, did anyone else think Preston said on radio yesterday that under Csaba the Hearts team had been split by "fractions"?

Winston Ingram
23-01-2011, 05:58 PM
And you missed out on his stellar signings Cregg and Hart:rolleyes:

I did miss Cregg, if you look a little closer I think you will find Hart:wink:

Future17
23-01-2011, 06:04 PM
As this thread has turned to the use of numbers, did anyone else think Preston said on radio yesterday that under Csaba the Hearts team had been split by "fractions"?

Aye, not half. No quarter was given by either fraction but they're all thirds if you ask me.

silverhibee
23-01-2011, 07:52 PM
if the grapevine true Micheal Hart £4k a week, what a waste.

And De Graff. :rolleyes: