PDA

View Full Version : inspiration/leadership/motivation

reservoir hibee
23-01-2011, 12:34 AM
which players at the club have this now

we have no

sauzee/latapy/hughes/matty jack/rob jones/ gordon hunter/pat mginlay mickey weir/keith wright/even ivan sproule

thats whats missing right now in my opinion no leadership either by example or by being a natural born leader!!!!

now i am obvioously not seeing too many games right now but who is actualy the captain and how often are they barking orders or telling players what should be done on the pitch(yea i know they should know what they are doing)

i want a hard man in there as a matter of fact i want 2 or three

because from what i can tell we are a bunch of whinging face wimps

who is around that is willing to get there sleeves up and get stuck in???

whoever they are get them in to steady the ship

then look at sorting it out long term

but we need to get a few hard men in in my opinion with real leadership qualities

discuss?

Leishy1995
23-01-2011, 12:39 AM
Currently the most inspirational staff member is the kitman.

LaMotta
23-01-2011, 12:47 AM
which players at the club have this now

we have no

sauzee/latapy/hughes/matty jack/rob jones/ gordon hunter/pat mginlay mickey weir/keith wright/even ivan sproule

thats whats missing right now in my opinion no leadership either by example or by being a natural born leader!!!!

now i am obvioously not seeing too many games right now but who is actualy the captain and how often are they barking orders or telling players what should be done on the pitch(yea i know they should know what they are doing)

i want a hard man in there as a matter of fact i want 2 or three

because from what i can tell we are a bunch of whinging face wimps

who is around that is willing to get there sleeves up and get stuck in???

whoever they are get them in to steady the ship

then look at sorting it out long term

but we need to get a few hard men in in my opinion with real leadership qualities

discuss?

I agree.

What we would give for a player like Rob Jones right now.

But then remember when we did have Jones the number of clueless numpties on here that thought he was a 'bombscare' and should be sold at the first opportunity possible. Amazing to think that any one with half a brain ever thought that. :crazy:

reservoir hibee
23-01-2011, 01:54 AM
I agree.

What we would give for a player like Rob Jones right now.

But then remember when we did have Jones the number of clueless numpties on here that thought he was a 'bombscare' and should be sold at the first opportunity possible. Amazing to think that any one with half a brain ever thought that. :crazy:

but at least he some leadership qualities

IanFaeClerrie
23-01-2011, 07:53 AM
but at least he some leadership qualities

Ian Murray yesterday was an inspirational leader. Paul Hanlon will be and Kurtis Byrne will be. All we then need is Mark Brown restored in goal and Gareth Evans as Head Coach and that will be the inspiration, leadership and motivation sorted out.

chrisski33
23-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Ian Murray yesterday was an inspirational leader. Paul Hanlon will be and Kurtis Byrne will be. All we then need is Mark Brown restored in goal and Gareth Evans as Head Coach and that will be the inspiration, leadership and motivation sorted out.

what difference would evans be as head coach? hes still a coach there and has plenty of chances to inspire and motivate but obviously aint judging by the current performances! id suggest a major overhaul of al bk room staff

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-01-2011, 08:51 AM

Would love to know how you think Kurtis Byrne will be an inspirational leader? Evidence? I am concerned that young Byrne struggled to get a place at East Fife, how will he save Hibs!!! Compare him to when Miller went on loan and scored 8 in 11 for stenny!! Incomparable.
Paul Hanlon will be a superb centre half but an inspirational leader?? i dont think people grow to be 'leaders', they have that in their personality!! Paul doesnt, even as a young man you can encourage others and he just doesn't have that in his locker. I may be wrong as he is Scotland captain but i have not seen evidence. Watch Fabregas at Arsenal, he encourages, explains tactics, puts arm around 'younger' players....
Evans as head coach......do you know him?? He is not the most inspiring?He loves Hibs but in no way would i want him in charge of our club.
Murray, yes he is a leader. Not a huge voice on the pitch but he leads by example. Unfortunately he is spent and is on the way out.

LancashireHibby
23-01-2011, 08:52 AM
I suspect that everything that could be said in the dressing room to motivate the team has already been said. It's down to the individual players now to motivate themselves. That said, I think it's as much an issue of a chronic lack of confidence than it is motivation.

reservoir hibee
23-01-2011, 10:26 AM

sorry but check inspirational and im afraid ian murray it is not!!

he is a pro but he is not inspirational...

he is an old head but he is not true captain material

players like roy keane paul ince steve gerrard john terry...that list could go on and yes i know that these guys are world class but there are players around with that inspirational quality at "our level" there must be??? but we dont have any

i cant think of one player that inspires me as a fan or can see inspiring the other players around him and glavanise a 1st 11/match day dressing room/squad/ club

a player who EVERYBODY RESPECTS

reservoir hibee
23-01-2011, 10:27 AM

will be is not good enough we need that quality all over the park and NOW!!!