PDA

View Full Version : Tactics

davidw
22-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Ok.... I've been supportive of CC so far (i.e. in so much as I've gone along with the line that it's not his team, he's not had a chance to bring in new players, not had a chance to place his proverbial "stamp" on it and all that), but after today I have to ask: what are the tactics?

I actually thought (unlike a lot of recent games) that the players tried hard (albeit within imitations - i.e. some of them are just not very good at football) but I presume they were as confused about the tactics as I was sitting in Fir Park.

We desperately need points so... we play with one striker. We're 2-0 at half time, so we bring on another striker (well, sort of - Nish)... and take another off. As the 2nd half wore on, what WERE the tactics? To try and stretch M'well down the wings? Well, we had wide players, but that didn't happen. Long ball game? That happened from time to time out of desperation, but it clearly wasn't the main game plan. So what was it they were told to do? I'm deeply and utterly confused.

If anyone seriously has an idea, please let me know.

PS Last time I was at Fir Park was for farcical 6-6 game. I presume no-one had shown CC the video i.e. that's why the idiot Smith was playing in goal (at fault for both today; from memory, at fault for 6 last May).

Albion Hibs
22-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Smith may have been at fault for the first but Thicot and Duffy were at fault for the second.

jonny
22-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Smith may have been at fault for the first but Thicot and Duffy were at fault for the second.

Perhaps they played a part but you must've seen the way Smith ran into no-mans land with his hands straight out in front of him like some sort of possessed zombie and missed the ball by the width of Christian Nade.

He is an absolute bomb scare. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the man should never be allowed to wear a Hibs shirt again.