PDA

View Full Version : Be afraid, be very afraid....

Lucky_Jim
22-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Comrades,

I can vaguely recall a BBC reporter quoting the now oft quoted phrase in the title of my thread from the 1980's film 'The Fly' when talking about a Hertz team flirting with relegation in the late 1990's. Much to the chagrin of us all I seem to also recall that it was a couple of vertuoso performances from a certain Darren Jackson that saved the day for them. 1999 I think?

Well now, over a decade later, that very same phrase springs to mind, again about the yams, but regrettably it's us Hibees who need to be afraid. Very afraid. Not only is our own beloved club on a seemingly irreversible downward spiral towards relegation but to make matters considerably worse out bitter rivals continue to fly high.

Before today not once did I genuinely believe that the ****bos were anything more than a flash in the pan, but here we are in late January and they've just beaten the current buns to keep themselves firmly in the title race. What worries me most is the fact that I reckon the two weegie clubs are hugely average and imminently beatable - so whilst I don't reckon that the yams are any great shakes, I equally think that rantic aren't up to pushing on and winning the leage comfortably.

The sorry, sorry state of HFC is my primary concern but, as much as I try, I just can't shake off the real concern that whilst we are struggling to come to terms with our own very real concerns the fascists from across the city are in a very strong position and might just sneak past a couple of very mediocre weegie teams to win the title.

I know that it still remains an outside chance but even at that it concerns me hugely. Admittedly I've had a few swallies and am feeling as sombre about fitba as I have since the Duff Jimmy debacle but am I alone in my concern about oor city rivals? Anyone else concerned about what they might do this season? Or will they, as most expect, simply fade away over the coming weeks and I should really be focussing my concenr on our own significant problems?

Yours misserable o' Leith

Jimmy

topmab
22-01-2011, 08:24 PM
The yams won't win the league as they will crash and burn as per usual. As for our predicament, we have too much quality to go down and even if we fail to go any sort of winning streak, Hamilton are still stick-ons for relegation.

Thread closed.

Fingers and legs crossed! :wink:

hibbill2002
22-01-2011, 08:27 PM
The yams won't win the league as they will crash and burn as per usual. As for our predicament, we have too much quality to go down and even if we fail to go any sort of winning streak, Hamilton are still stick-ons for relegation.

Thread closed.

You may live to regret that post.:cool2:
Hertz winning the league and us relegated in the same season.
Wonder what the odds are.

Saorsa
22-01-2011, 08:27 PM

Thread closed.

Fingers and legs crossed! :wink::hilarious :top marks

when did we sign these players and why are they not being used?

jakedance
22-01-2011, 08:34 PM
I think we'll narrowly avoid relegation and Hearts will finish in third but stay close to the Old Firm. Today was a huge win for them.

Toaods
22-01-2011, 08:35 PM
The sorry, sorry state of HFC is my primary concern but, as much as I try, I just can't shake off the real concern that whilst we are struggling to come to terms with our own very real concerns the fascists from across the city are in a very strong position and might just sneak past a couple of very mediocre weegie teams to win the title.

Let me try to put your mind at rest (hopefully)

...I watched the Hearts game today and no Stewart Grainger will Hearts win the league.

On the other hand, us getting relegated is a distinct possiblity.

greenlex
22-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Let me try to put your mind at rest (hopefully)

...I watched the Hearts game today and no Stewart Grainger will Hearts win the league.

On the other hand, us getting relegated is a distinct possiblity.
Just posted similar on another thread Dave. They had one shot at goal today.
They scraped past a really **** Hibs team. Without Kyle they are lost. Templeton is a ten game wonder. Driver has still to come back so thatl make a difference not.
If Zaliukas is sold this window they wont finish third.

sesoim
22-01-2011, 08:47 PM
We were in a similar position to Hearts this time a year ago. Things also started to nosedive a year ago. Hearts have a better manager than we had, and also a better balanced squad, so I think they will keep on picking up points, but I'd be shocked if they finish higher than 3rd.

TBH, I'm not even worried about what Hearts are doing, as I know they will muck it up like they always do. I just want lots of action at Hibs now for the next nine day. If we don't get the right team together by then, CC will be out of a job soon after. That might just give us enough time to get in somebody else who knows how to win games in the SPL, and maybe even beat Hearts.

7Hero
22-01-2011, 08:49 PM
as if THAT semifinal wasn't bad enough, then we get relegated and hearts win the league..

Don't bet on it not happening, pretty fair chance.

Hibercelona
22-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Just posted similar on another thread Dave. They had one shot at goal today.
They scraped past a really **** Hibs team. Without Kyle they are lost. Templeton is a ten game wonder. Driver has still to come back so thatl make a difference not.
If Zaliukas is sold this window they wont finish third.

The fact that they "scrape" wins is totally irrelevant.

The only relevant factor here is them winning games.

12 wins in their last 14, with 10 clean sheets....

They have every chance of winning the league. As much as it pains us to think so.

greenlex
22-01-2011, 08:51 PM
The fact that they "scrape" wins is totally irrelevant.

The only relevant factor here is them winning games.

12 wins in their last 14, with 10 clean sheets....

They have every chance of winning the league. As much as it pains us to think so.
Point is you can only scrape wins for so long The Old Firm dont do that. Hearts will drop more points than the other two over the remaining games. I am willing to bet on this.

chrisski33
22-01-2011, 08:54 PM

Thread closed.

so wheres all this top quality that wont stop us getting relegated? hamilton r 3 points behind us with a game in hand!

Cabbage East
It's like '86 all over again.

I can't remember what happened but surely there's video footage knocking about somewhere?

GreenCastle
Us getting relegated and the yams winning the the Scottish Cap could have been very possible.

Luckily they ****ed that one up :greengrin

They definitely have 3rd - but I think 2nd will be the highest they achieve.

Hibercelona
22-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Point is you can only scrape wins for so long The Old Firm dont do that. Hearts will drop more points than the other two over the remaining games. I am willing to bet on this.

Yes they do.

They don't always scrape wins, but they'll scrape a win if they need to. And thats exactly what Hearts are doing at the moment.

You don't have to play well all the time in this league in order to win it. You just need to be hungry enough for it. And unfortunately for us, Hearts have that hunger.

Good teams win when they play well. Great teams will win, regardless of how they've played.

Hearts are a great side this season under FJK and it certainly isn't unrealistic as things currently stand.

AFKA5814_Hibs
22-01-2011, 08:57 PM
I think we'll narrowly avoid relegation and Hearts will finish in third but stay close to the Old Firm. Today was a huge win for them.

That's the best we can hope for. TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if either Hibs got relegated or the Yams won the league.

Worse than 1998.

Toaods
22-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Yes they do.

They don't always scrape wins, but they'll scrape a win if they need to. And thats exactly what Hearts are doing at the moment.

You don't have to play well all the time in this league in order to win it. You just need to be hungry enough for it. And unfortunately for us, Hearts have that hunger.

Good teams win when they play well. Great teams will win, regardless of how they've played.

Hearts are a great side this season under FJK and it certainly isn't unrealistic as things currently stand.

what you've stated is generally true but when it comes to the crunch Celtic an Rangers can tough the big games out, Hearts won't.

snooky
Hearts won't win the league. The 'wheels' will be set in motion by you-know-who. How long before their key players get booked/sent off for minor offences & dodgy penalities are given against them while their claims denied?
Pretty soon I reckon.
Mind you, I was expecting it to start today. :cool2:

greenlex
Yes they do.

Sorry mate you have taken that too far. They are team with limited ability that have a great team spirit. As things currently stand they are in third place and that is with a great run of 10 games. They will not win the league. Honest.

Hibercelona
22-01-2011, 09:07 PM
what you've stated is generally true but when it comes to the crunch Celtic an Rangers can tough the big games out, Hearts won't.

I certainly hope not Toaods.

But I still wouldn't put it past them this season.

Everything has gone wrong for us in recent times and it would just be the customary "icing on the cake".

stubru59
22-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Don't give a **** what Hearts do. As for us, just avoiding relegation will be deemed a success.

Toaods
22-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Hearts won't win the league. The 'wheels' will be set in motion by you-know-who. How long before their key players get booked/sent off for minor offences & dodgy penalities are given against them while their claims denied?
Pretty soon I reckon.
Mind you, I was expecting it to start today. :cool2:

not sure how old you are but I'm nearing 50 and my experience tells me the SFA dodgy pens /red cards will come against less obvious opponents...:wink:

Cabbage East
22-01-2011, 09:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s

snooky
22-01-2011, 09:24 PM
not sure how old you are but I'm nearing 50 and my experience tells me the SFA dodgy pens /red cards will come against less obvious opponents...:wink:

Alas Toaods, I'm bus pass holder.
However, I do agree - it will be the lower profile matches that the 5th columnists will start to take subversive action.