PDA

View Full Version : Mark Brown - why is he out of the team?

just_joe
22-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Anyone think there is something a bit weird in him gettin dropped? Perhaps maybe hes leaving (I hope not) or maybe a fall out with CC? I am just so baffled how he can drop him and replace him with some diddy! I used to rate Smith but now I realise hes garbage! What possible reason could CC have to drop Mark Brown? Unless ofcourse hes injured and im looking like a right t!t typing this :greengrin

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Anyone think there is something a bit weird in him gettin dropped? Perhaps maybe hes leaving (I hope not) or maybe a fall out with CC? I am just so baffled how he can drop him and replace him with some diddy! I used to rate Smith but now I realise hes garbage! What possible reason could CC have to drop Mark Brown? Unless ofcourse hes injured and im looking like a right t!t typing this :greengrin

Heard it was because of poor kicking, I would have thought keeping the ball out of the net is more important

just_joe
22-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Heard it was because of poor kicking, I would have thought keeping the ball out of the net is more important

Im guessing CC wasn't paying attention to the Ayr game then because Smith's kicking was horrendous.

LancashireHibby

Especially when Smith's kicking is hardly exemplary either.

hibsbollah
Browns been our player of the season so far, although he hasnt had much competition. I actually hope there has been some sort of dressing room bustup, at least that would be an explanation. The alternative is CC thinks Smith is better than Brown, which would be really worrying:rolleyes:

AFKA5814_Hibs
22-01-2011, 06:50 PM

I would hope not. Goal kicks could be taken by a defender and defenders could be told to just boot the ball out for a throw in instead of back to the goalie. Id rather have an outfield player in goals over that prat Smith.

Stuarty27
22-01-2011, 06:51 PM
He is the best goalie we have had since Daniel Andersson... Why he has been dropped is a disgrace. He kept the score down against Rangers

Smith is shocking, a big head who has no ability to back up his arrogance.

Alfred E Newman
22-01-2011, 06:53 PM
It is ridiculous that we are debating on here whether Brown is injured or has been dropped. Surely we are entitled to that sort of information from the management.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 06:58 PM
It is ridiculous that we are debating on here whether Brown is injured or has been dropped. Surely we are entitled to that sort of information from the management.

Thursday's Scotsman said he was dropped

Twiglet
22-01-2011, 07:02 PM
I really hope it's some sort of wee niggly injury that he'll be over by Wednesday. We're in the deep so we need our best between the sticks and Brown is it IMO.

Franck Stanton
22-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Thursday's Scotsman said he was dropped

Yeah and wot do they know eh? If they dont know they just make it up - HE HAS A THIGH INJURY - there , I,ve said it now so can we put this to bed now please. Ta

offshorehibby
22-01-2011, 07:09 PM
He's been the only player worth a wage this season, i dearly hope he's injured.

Crab apple
22-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Smith's kicking today was okay and he dealt comfortably with a number of dodgy pass backs. As for the rest of his game - he doesn't organise his defence, he is indecisive indealing with crosses and his shot stopping is poor. I thought he could have done better at both goals today although others were not blameless. I don't feel confident with him goals and more importantly I don't think his defence does.

I said after the 5-1 defeat at Perth he wasn't good enough and the 6-6 Fir Park game confirmed this with my thoughts being I don't want him anywere near the first eleven again. Today confirmed that. If Brown was injured and he is merely covering then we'll have to deal with it. If CC sees him having a future with us then that would be a concern..

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 07:26 PM

The Thursday Scotsman siad he was dropped I doubt "local" paper would get it so wrong

The Harp
22-01-2011, 07:27 PM

Back to a lack of communication from the Club towards it's paying customers. Surely either CC or Adams could have cleared this one up with a short statement. Seems to be most fans regard Mark Brown as the best keeper we have. If CC thinks otherwise then I'm even more concerned about his judgement. The fact that Brown hasn't even been on the subs bench for the last two games could indicate that he is in fact injured ... but then again, there may have been a falling out behind the scenes.

Alfred E Newman
22-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Back to a lack of communication from the Club towards it's paying customers. Surely either CC or Adams could have cleared this one up with a short statement. Seems to be most fans regard Mark Brown as the best keeper we have. If CC thinks otherwise then I'm even more concerned about his judgement. The fact that Brown hasn't even been on the subs bench for the last two games could indicate that he is in fact injured ... but then again, there may have been a falling out behind the scenes.

:agree: exactly

CmoantheHibs
22-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Must admit initially I thought that Brown was injured but when it was said he was dropped I was suspicious.There hasnt been any word from the club, the dropped thing just came from the paper.I doubt CC would drop him so feel there must be something else behind it(injury,fall out etc)

Sir David Gray
22-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Calderwood explained a couple of days ago in a press conference that Mark Brown had been dropped for the game against Ayr.

"It was just a change. We've got to find a formula that brings us clean sheets and a win.

"So I thought it was time for that change. Graham Stack has also played in another game since then.

"So, at the minute, we've got three goalkeepers very much in contention for Saturday."

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110121/boss-on-team-and-transfers_2262950_2272478

Cod Boy
22-01-2011, 09:57 PM

the whole squad are poor at kicking

Bad Martini
22-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Calderwood explained a couple of days ago in a press conference that Mark Brown had been dropped for the game against Ayr.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110121/boss-on-team-and-transfers_2262950_2272478

If this is still the reason Brown is out and he's not in fact injured, then we've got problems. The fact is, without Brown in many of our losses, they would have been far worse....:agree:

topmab
22-01-2011, 10:14 PM
A Perhaps maybe hes leaving (I hope not) :greengrin

If he is being 'protected' because there is interest from another club and Petrie sells, then there will be a riot. Let's hope the reason is trivial and he's back between the sticks soon.

snooky
22-01-2011, 10:29 PM
If this is still the reason Brown is out and he's not in fact injured, then we've got problems. The fact is, without Brown in many of our losses, they would have been far worse....:agree:

As I see it, if Brown doesn't come in, then we're in the brown.

Bad Martini
22-01-2011, 10:32 PM
As I see it, if Brown doesn't come in, then we're in the brown. (down)

...a very apt bit of rhyming you have going on there too mate :greengrin

Badge
22-01-2011, 11:26 PM
UOTE=FalkirkHibee;2705015]Calderwood explained a couple of days ago in a press conference that Mark Brown had been dropped for the game against Ayr.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110121/boss-on-team-and-transfers_2262950_2272478[/QUOTE]

That decision alone suggests that the manager has not got a clue. No manager would drop Brown and replace him with smith. To keep him in the team after his performance on Tuesday is unbelievable. What is the Manager thinking about? This has got me beat.

matty_f
22-01-2011, 11:30 PM
UOTE=FalkirkHibee;2705015]Calderwood explained a couple of days ago in a press conference that Mark Brown had been dropped for the game against Ayr.

That decision alone suggests that the manager has not got a clue. No manager would drop Brown and replace him with smith. To keep him in the team after his performance on Tuesday is unbelievable. What is the Manager thinking about? This has got me beat.[/QUOTE]

While I disagree with the decision to drop him in favour of Smith, Brown's kicking againt Celtc was horrendous and put us back into trouble time and time again.

Calderwood will have, IMHO, been looking to have his defence under less pressure and his keeper needing to make fewer saves, by not giving the ball away whenever the keeper kicks it.

Hopefully, he'll weigh up that a wayward kick is preferable to chucking silly goals in, and Brown will be reinstated to the starting 11 sharpish. Or get Stack in.

CmoantheHibs
22-01-2011, 11:49 PM

Oh CC big mistake.I dont know what you are seeing in training but Smith is a nightmare and Brown is a decent keeper.If you want to change something to try and keep clean sheets dont change the guy that keeps the goals against ratio down for a guy that inspires confidence only in the oposition and their support.

IWasThere2016
22-01-2011, 11:54 PM
Dropping Broon for Smith is unforgivable IMHO.

matty_f
22-01-2011, 11:56 PM

We've only got ourselves to blame - against Celtc Brown joined the growing list of players given a very hard time by sections of the support frustrated by his kicking.

snooky
22-01-2011, 11:57 PM

Let me throw a wide ball in here........ :wink:

Has anybody checked on any irregular betting on Hibs being relegated this season? :hmmm:

oldbiker
22-01-2011, 11:58 PM
the ten in front of the keepers havn't exactly been kicking well either, time to drop them as well

matty_f
22-01-2011, 11:59 PM
the ten in front of the keepers havn't exactly been kicking well either, time to drop them as well

They pretty much all have been dropped at various points!

The Harp Awakes
23-01-2011, 12:10 AM
Brown has been one of our few successes this season. If he has been dropped then it can't be on ability, it has to be because of a fall out with the Manager. If left out of the team on perceived ability then Calderwood has pressed the self destruct button.

Bad Martini
23-01-2011, 12:13 AM
Brown has been one of our few successes this season. If he has been dropped then it can't be on ability, it has to be a fall out with the Manager. If left out of the team on perceived ability then Calderwood has pressed the self destruct button.

The new mantra, ye have missed; play well, get dropped. :greengrin

Contribute something tangible (stops/netbound saves) - get dropped :aok:

Very obvious really. best to put in our 2nd or 3rd best keeper. Keeps things interesting when we're 3 points off bottom :thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
23-01-2011, 12:21 AM

It's not unforgivable for him to try it. It's unforgivable if he doesn't ithat Smith is, at best, the 3rd best keeper at the club.

They pretty much all have been dropped at various points!

:agree: And we're moaning about that as well!

Bad Martini
23-01-2011, 12:23 AM
It's not unforgivable for him to try it. It's unforgivable if he doesn't recognose that Smith is, at best, the 3rd best keeper at the club.

It's not unforgivable to try it once.....he tried it on Tuesday, Smith was sheite. He rewards that by giving him.....another chance to flap and cock it up. Firmly believe Smith was fully culpable for the first goal and played a large part in flapping at the second.
:agree:

IWasThere2016
23-01-2011, 12:24 AM
It's not unforgivable for him to try it. It's unforgivable if he doesn't recognose that Smith is, at best, the 3rd best keeper at the club.

Its not just CC - WTF are Adams, Evans and Thompson seeing/saying?

matty_f
23-01-2011, 12:24 AM

:agree: The hokey cokey team selection (cheers Blackpool!) has drawn a lot of criticism, but you only need to look at a team for whatever game thread to see that most folk are calling for numerous changes for most games anyway.

We really need at least 8 of the players in that squad to start putting in performances that justify a regular first team place, either that, or Calderwood should pick a side and stick with it regardless for a few weeks at least, to see if that helps.

Danderhall Hibs
23-01-2011, 12:26 AM
It's not unforgivable to try it once.....he tried it on Tuesday, Smith was sheite. He rewards that by giving him.....another chance to flap and cock it up. Firmly believe Smith was fully culpable for the first goal and played a large part in flapping at the second.

He's obviously given him a 2nd chance that we don't think he deserved based on previous games. If he's in goals on Wednesday I'll agree with you that he's making a big mistake. If Brown doesn't play then Stack should - both of them are far better keepers than Smith.

Bad Martini
23-01-2011, 12:31 AM
He's obviously given him a 2nd chance that we don't think he deserved based on previous games. If he's in goals on Wednesday I'll agree with you that he's making a big mistake. If Brown doesn't play then Stack should - both of them are far better keepers than Smith.

Fair play mate. I'm all for second chances but after Tuesday, he's really pushing the boundaries of patience with this one and I genuinely believe the first goal would definitely have been kept out by Brown. Who knows where that would have led us? The second I think Brown would've saved too....but defo the first.

We'll see on Wednesday though if Smith's in goal, I am worried. I hope he comes good, canny see how tho.

Springbank
23-01-2011, 08:15 AM
If smith plays on wednesday we'll concede a minimum of 5. This team look capable of emulating aberdeen's record defeat this season (9nil) as the heads go down too quickly. Brown has been a one man wall keeping scores reasonable. Smith loses 4s 5s + 6s to bottom feeder teams. My pecking order is brown, stack,thats it.

hibiedude
23-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Browns been our player of the season so far, although he hasnt had much competition. I actually hope there has been some sort of dressing room bustup, at least that would be an explanation. The alternative is CC thinks Smith is better than Brown, which would be really worrying:rolleyes:

It shows just how poor we have become when our best player this season has been our Goalkeeper.

IanFaeClerrie
23-01-2011, 08:50 AM
It shows just how poor we have become when our best player this season has been our Goalkeeper.

Aye especially whe we have lost 37 goals in 21 games but I agree, dropping Brown shows the type of tinkering I relate to lack of experience. "I'll try him, oh it didnae work, I'd better no drop him immediately 'cos I'll look daft'

HFC 0-7
23-01-2011, 09:22 AM
We've only got ourselves to blame - against Celtc Brown joined the growing list of players given a very hard time by sections of the support frustrated by his kicking.

You cant blame the fans. The fans get on Browns back (slightly)after one game and he is dropped, the fans are practically raging when he is goals for the Ayr game and he looked less than convincing and the fans get on his back yet calderwood does nothing? If that is the reason then why didnt he drop Smith and put Stack in?

H!BEE
23-01-2011, 09:57 AM
cause stack is worse than smith!

no one can seriously think stack is a good goalie!!!!

Don Giovanni
23-01-2011, 12:32 PM
It's not unforgivable for him to try it. It's unforgivable if he doesn't ithat Smith is, at best, the 3rd best keeper at the club.

Smith our 3rd best keeper?

I've only seen Flynn play U19's but I'd gie him a shot between the sticks before giving Smith the gloves!

Smith just isn't very good I'm afraid.

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Its unbelievable our manager cant tell who is the best keeper from the 3 we have. Anyone who has eyes can clearly see Smith has very little goalkeeping ability. A shocking decision, why? Smiths kicking is hardly any better, if thats what he wants from his keeper, over actual goalkeeping ability, Stack should have been straight in. He's one of the best i have seen at hitting the ball long? Smith, again why?:confused: