PDA

View Full Version : Hibs "Coach" with Subs at half time

Gala Foxes
22-01-2011, 05:42 PM
I stood at half time and watched our subs and "Coach" - watching the shambolic "training session" maybe gives a bit on an insight in to why we are in such a mess.

Subs come out on to park

Stack goes to talk to a Motherwell sub

Deek & Byrne do their own thing, as does Hogg, as does Nish

Coach tries for 3/4 minutes to get them together

Players give him the "what are you wanting" stare

Stack carries on chatting to his mate

Eventually we have 2 minutes of player in the middle trying to get the ball

Total shambles, obvious lack of respect and a "coach" that has no authority

Our club in a mess just now

stokesmessiah
22-01-2011, 05:51 PM
I stood at half time and watched our subs and "Coach" - watching the shambolic "training session" maybe gives a bit on an insight in to why we are in such a mess.

Subs come out on to park

And these are the players we are told care so much. They should be out there getting absolutely drilled.

I do think that one constant throughout our problems is the coaching staff though yet no one seems to really mention them??

Should of taken them over to the Motherwell fans and made them do press ups right in front of their stand.

PaulSmith
22-01-2011, 05:53 PM

Subs come out on to park

Was it Stevenson or Evans? I was too busy contemplating in concourse whether to get 45 mins of my life back by heading back along the M8 or stay for the rest of the game

djs69
Coach=Gareth Evans????? Confused. He was never even a decent player !!!

Gala Foxes
players showed total contempt for the guy - he just wandered about sheepishly trying to get them together

Stack seemed pretty happy with life catching up with his mate though

Shambles

greenlex
22-01-2011, 05:54 PM

Subs come out on to park

This is why he will be on the bench instead of between the sticks. Out of contract in the summer and kicking his heels. He should be told to **** right off this week.

Gala Foxes
22-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Was it Stevenson or Evans? I was too busy contemplating in concourse whether to get 45 mins of my life back by heading back along the M8 or stay for the rest of the game

certainly not Gareth, don't think it was Stevenson either

truehibernian
22-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Good way of getting them to warm up better

1) Put a cool, recently poured pint at the other end of the pitch for Stack and give him 20 seconds to get to it or it is poured away

2) Put a roulette wheel with a £100 free bet at one end for Derek, a little less time though as Stack is heavier......give him 15 seconds

3) A Celtic season ticket for young Kurtis............

4).....dinnae give Hogg anything......he's not a footballer

get my drift.................:greengrin

Toaods

sure it wasnae Tam McCourt... the way the team are performing he must be doing the sessions down at East Mains every day too.

Gala Foxes
from looking at the coaching staff on the Hibs website not sure who it was

Maybe it was just a random punter in a Hibs tracksuit that wandered on to the park

Come to think of it a random punter would have probably had more impact

Crab apple
22-01-2011, 06:00 PM
from looking at the coaching staff on the Hibs website not sure who it was

Maybe it was just a random punter in a Hibs tracksuit that wandered on to the park

Come to think of it a random punter would have probably had more impact

I didn't recognise him althought it may be the new fitness guy?

Gala Foxes
22-01-2011, 06:04 PM

on todays showing they would be better replacing the new fitness guy with Jane Fonda - at least it might get a reaction out of the subs rather than a hands in the pocket shrug of the shoulders

J-C
22-01-2011, 06:05 PM

Ah! fitness, that old thing Hibs players used to have at one point.

PaulSmith
22-01-2011, 06:05 PM

Baldy guy, not the guy who posts on here although he'd prob do a better job, Hendry

Gala Foxes
22-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Baldy guy, not the guy who posts on here although he'd prob do a better job, Hendry

short dark hair, early 30's, no presence, just like our midfield

OtterHibee
22-01-2011, 06:07 PM

It was Grant Small IIRC.

Gala Foxes
22-01-2011, 06:08 PM
it was grant small iirc.

iirc ?

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 06:09 PM

Subs come out on to park

Talking about where the Hibs players were going this evening :wink:

Back to the thread - yes we have numerous players who think they are superstars and bigger than the club somehow.

FranckSuzy
22-01-2011, 06:09 PM
iirc ?

If I Recall Correctly :greengrin

PaulSmith
22-01-2011, 06:10 PM
It was Grant Small IIRC.

Never heard of him, did he just appear on the scene like our anonymous scouting director

Gala Foxes
22-01-2011, 06:10 PM
If I Recall Correctly :greengrin

Cheers - or IIRC - insignificant impact rotten coach

PaulSmith
22-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Talking about where the Hibs players were going this evening :wink:

Back to the thread - yes we have numerous players who think they are superstars and bigger than the club somehow.

2nd part of paragraph so true as they are totally delusional after spending the day at the east mains 5 star holiday campus having their balls rubbed between sitting down to freshly served food and folk picking up their washing off the floor for them

Kaiser1962
22-01-2011, 06:14 PM
It was Grant Small IIRC.

Thought it was Jim Hendry?

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 06:17 PM
2nd part of paragraph so true as they are totally delusional after spending the day at the east mains 5 star holiday campus having their balls rubbed between sitting down to freshly served food and folk picking up their washing off the floor for them

:agree:

All goes back to what others and myself are saying..

The culture at the club - it has to be changed from the top down to the way players behave at East Mains and in their own free town (On George St acting all big time).

OtterHibee
22-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Thought it was Jim Hendry?

Jim Hendry is the tall bald chap on the pitch before games. He wasn't out at half time today.

Small did (does?) the Prozone analysis for the first team. He's a sports scientist and is involved with the fitness coaching as far as I know. Think he's been at the club a couple of years now.

Kaiser1962
22-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Jim Hendry is the tall bald chap on the pitch before games. He wasn't out at half time today.

Small did (does?) the Prozone analysis for the first team. He's a sports scientist and is involved with the fitness coaching as far as I know. Think he's been at the club a couple of years now.

Short dark hair? Is he not the "positive coaching" guy? Thought he was with the youths?

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 06:33 PM

So we use Prozone ?

Would love to view our stats..

PaulSmith
22-01-2011, 06:39 PM

Eh, sports scientist taking half time drills? if true not surprised, but still disapointed, if wasn't getting any respect

truehibernian
22-01-2011, 06:42 PM
So we use Prozone ?

Would love to view our stats..

I think we also use Prozac..........or at least us fans do :greengrin

Gala Foxes
22-01-2011, 06:56 PM

Seems we have more coaches than Parks Of Hamilton - pity none of them can get our group of underachievers performing

Danderhall Hibs
22-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Eh, sports scientist taking half time drills? if true not surprised, but still disapointed, if wasn't getting any respect

It is disappointing that he was being blanked but in all honesty half-time's a time for the subs to stretch their legs, no more than that, so I don't think any coaches should be required to "take the session".

OtterHibee
22-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Seems we have more coaches than Parks Of Hamilton - pity none of them can get our group of underachievers performing

It would appear so.

Trivial matter I know, but I also don't see the need for them all to be congregating in the dugout during games or on the pitch beforehand. As far as I'm concerned only the manager, assistant manager (when he's not been banished to the stand for the umpteenth time), physio and doctors should be in there, plus one more coach/Tam McCourt at a push. Surely Evans, Stevenson, Thomson, Small and Hendry can all sit the stand and make contact with Calderwood or Adams from there by mobile if needs be?

Hiber-nation
22-01-2011, 10:18 PM
This has gone on for a long time now, I remember McBride and Nish at Tannadice about a year ago spending the entire half time break standing and chatting to each other, not interested in even passing a ball. These imposters keep telling us how much they are hurting. What a load of pish - they are not professionals. You would have thought someone at the club would have noticed this.