PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood Interview

Alfred E Newman
22-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Enjoyed the game , was pleased with certain aspects. Couldn`t fault the players.

Unbelievable.

Amit
22-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Oh dear...

"Can't fault the boys for their effort"

"I liked what I saw... what the boys did with and without the ball"

More worrying was when he was asked about new signings...

"One more and then we'd like one more after that"

So looking at Matt Thornhill plus 2 others... is that enough?

stevensons-fan
22-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Enjoyed the game , was pleased with certain aspects. Couldn`t fault the players.

Unbelievable.

That is riduculous, what exactly was he pleased with?! :confused:

AFKA5814_Hibs
22-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Seriously? We are staring relegation in the face and he cannot fault the players? FFS Calderwood, grow a pair and name and shame the wasters, the namby pamby approach ain't working.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 05:00 PM
CC - "I enjoyed what the team did with and without the ball today"

"I enjoyed the game even though it was 0 - 2"

"I dont want us involved in a relegation battle"

"We will see a flurry of activity maybe 2 more signings""

Call the Doctors Please

offshorehibby
22-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Very baffling interview indeed.

DaveF
22-01-2011, 05:03 PM

Call the Doctors Please

Unluckly Colin, you are right in the thick of one.

JimBHibees
22-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Personally didnt think we were that bad today at least as good as Motherwell, first goal against was laughable and Smith should be punted pronto. Second goal was poor however thought there was a bit more energy in the team than previously and if Zemmama takes his chances we are back in it.

Thought Booth and Galbraith did well. Wouldnt have taken off Duffy, would have taken off McBride and put Nish beside Duffy instead.

A couple of signings required as a lack of quality generally.

lucky
22-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Man is losing the plot quicker than we lose games. How could he enjoy that.

col02
22-01-2011, 05:06 PM
I think these words in the media are an effort to try and get the players who at the moment are letting our club down to behave in a profesional manner and try turn in a performance between now and the end of the season. It would be too easy to let rip at the players but we need them somehow to win something like 4 or 5 matches between now and the end of the season. Unless someone can wave a magic wand to get the majority of the 16 out of contract players out and replace them with players of decent quality and desire we are sadly stuck with having to massage their ego's and appeal to their professional integrity.

Pretty Boy
22-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Those comments from Calderwood today were like listening to the nonsense Hughes, and Mixu before him, came out with on a weekly basis.

If i was a conspiracy theorist i might suggest that managers at ER are being told to be very careful about what they say in interviews. Comical Ali was more honest than Hibs managers.

PapillonVert
22-01-2011, 05:10 PM
You have to think that maybe this is for public consumption as he realises that the collective morale of the squad is so fragile that coming out and telling the truth and saying they are completely useless and hopeless would make them even worse (if that is possible).

But, really, continually saying that they are doing well in training and he likes what he sees isn't working either and perhaps it's time to tell them some home truths and start challenging them that they need to work harder and start fighting for their lives.

Barney McGrew
22-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Personally didnt think we were that bad today at least as good as Motherwell, first goal against was laughable and Smith should be punted pronto. Second goal was poor however thought there was a bit more energy in the team than previously and if Zemmama takes his chances we are back in it.

Thought Booth and Galbraith did well. Wouldnt have taken off Duffy, would have taken off McBride and put Nish beside Duffy instead.

I'd agree with all of that. I don't think you could fault the effort today, it's just a combination of their confidence being zero and the fact that in the main they're just not very good.

If Zemmama had hit the ball when he had a chance to first half rather than overplaying it as usual, or had managed hit the target from 12 yards then it would have been a different second half IMO

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 05:13 PM

is that you Colin ?

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Those comments from Calderwood today were like listening to the nonsense Hughes, and Mixu before him, came out with on a weekly basis.

If i was a conspiracy theorist i might suggest that managers at ER are being told to be very careful about what they say in interviews. Comical Ali was more honest than Hibs managers.

:agree:

It's like deja-vu.

We know he's not going to slate the players - though he has already said a number of times he doesn't rate them but in different words.

If I was him I would send my assistant out or not do the interview as he just opens it up for more fans abuse.

BEEJ
22-01-2011, 05:14 PM

He may be under orders to say nothing publicly that would undermine or lessen any interest there might be from other clubs in any individual player.

Personally I think the days for such nonsense are over.

Judas Iscariot
22-01-2011, 05:17 PM
I think he's a joey..

Sorry but I really do..

darwenhibby
22-01-2011, 05:20 PM
FFS CC

You now have nothing to lose.
Punt these imposters into the stand if we cannot pay them off.

If it means going down with a fight and giving the youngsters a chance to prove they can battle I will live that and buy 3 season tickets agin next year in the 1st Division.

Perservere with these wasters and we get relegated, Hibs can go eff themselves.

Baldy Foghorn
22-01-2011, 05:21 PM

Call the Doctors Please

Poor interview, and strange to say the least. We were poor all over the park....

Sir David Gray
22-01-2011, 05:24 PM
We were ok in the second half, no more than that, but the damage had been done in the first half an hour. You can't concede goals like we did today and expect to get anything out of a match. At the other end of the pitch, our first shot on target didn't come until something like the 55th minute of the game.

If that's the level of performance that our manager demands every week then we are finished as an SPL club for at least a year or two.

greenlex
22-01-2011, 05:24 PM

I agree having watched the first half on Alba.
We actually played more football today that half than I have seen or weeks if not months. Poor decision making in the final third (usually Zemamma) wasnt good but the rest was reasonable. Two bits of shocking defending for the goals yet again. WTF was Smith doing at the first and Thicot was poor at the second.
We looked like a side trying today ultimately not good enough but poor ability and poor decision making probably from lack of confidence wont keep us up we need another two or three players to do that. A Striker that can lead the line is a must.
Now for the second half.

loanheadhibby
22-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Oh dear...

starting to sound like Yogi before he went.

Sadly to recap, 15 games, 13 defeats and no goals in 5 games? Blunderwood indeed.

HIBERNIAN 1875
22-01-2011, 05:27 PM
The man seems quite happy to take a wage from the club every week without being overly interested in the club itself....

Jim44
22-01-2011, 05:29 PM

Unbelievable.

:violin: Nero fiddled while Rome burned.

Bad Martini
22-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Calderwood and most of our team can gtf and take balance sheet loving petrie with them. We've got a training complex that's done us **** all good and a big half empty new stand. We've got spending 3rd most in the spl have we? How much did we BRING IN??????

EXACTLY. Not good enough. Just gtf.

Don't give a **** how unpopular this is. That's the wrong team (even based on the squad we have now) and no answer to 2 stupid goals and a missed pen.....NOT GOOD ENUFF. PISS OFF

GreenPJ
22-01-2011, 05:35 PM
The man seems quite happy to take a wage from the club every week without being overly interested in the club itself....

Aye it must not be stressful at all when you have to work with that bunch, have half of the support calling for your head, have a board who are only now saying what is it we have to do to sort it, have your reputation starting to disappear quicker than the crowds at Easter Road.

The team today only included one new face (Booth) so am not sure why people thought that results would necessarily be any different until we get two or three new faces in to make a difference.

matty_f
22-01-2011, 05:36 PM
I'd agree with all of that. I don't think you could fault the effort today, it's just a combination of their confidence being zero and the fact that in the main they're just not very good.

If Zemmama had hit the ball when he had a chance to first half rather than overplaying it as usual, or had managed hit the target from 12 yards then it would have been a different second half IMO

:agree:

The only other explanation I can think of is that Calderwood has openly said this week that he's trying to take the pressure off the players and stop their heads going down.

I don't know why he's bothering. The players are giving no response one way or the other, and he needs to realise that they'll soon have him out of a job.

Gala Foxes
22-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Just like a rewind of Yogi after Ross County defeat - total denial

Barney McGrew
22-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Now for the second half.

Don't. Absolutely nothing happens.

It's probably the dullest 45 mins of football you'll see all season.

greenlex
22-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Don't. Absolutely nothing happens.

It's probably the dullest 45 mins of football you'll see all season.
Really I heard we were better second half.:confused:

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Aye it must not be stressful at all when you have to work with that bunch, have half of the support calling for your head, have a board who are only now saying what is it we have to do to sort it, have your reputation starting to disappear quicker than the crowds at Easter Road.

The team today only included one new face (Booth) so am not sure why people thought that results would necessarily be any different until we get two or three new faces in to make a difference.

And knowing yourself is one of the main reasons this is all happening.

Baffling team selection and no idea how to best set up the team.

I agree that would be stressful

greenlex
22-01-2011, 05:46 PM
And knowing yourself is one of the main reasons this is all happening.

Baffling team selection and no idea how to best set up the team.

I agree that would be stressful
Absolute nonsense. You are making it up now. We are all hurting but no need really.
It wasnt Calderwood who defended both set pieces poorly and it certainly wasnt him that missed the penalty. After match bizarre comments apart I dont think he did much wrong today unless Brown or Stack were fit.

Gala Foxes
22-01-2011, 05:46 PM
He is deluded if he thinks that was in any shape or form enjoyable at any stage

Nice to see Adams get on his feet off the bench , even if it was just because he had been sent to the stand

Gala Foxes
22-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Calderwood thinks we will have a big support against Rangers - don't think so

9k Hi-bees against Celtic, then 2 pitiful displays against Ayr & Motherwell

Will do well to get 11 or 12,000 on Wednesday

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Absolute nonsense. You are making it up now. We are all hurting but no need really.
It wasnt Calderwood who defended both set pieces poorly and it certainly wasnt him that missed the penalty. After match bizarre comments apart I dont think he did much wrong today unless Brown or Stack were fit.

Okay - so you are saying CC has set the team up in the best formation to get the best out of his selections :confused:

deek up front on his own
Duffy up front on his own
McBride wide right
Rankin - anywhere

You explain them for starters then we can go more in depth if you want.

Gala Foxes
22-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Duffy was rotten - couldnt head a ball / trap a ball / hold up a ball

greenlex
22-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Okay - so you are saying CC has set the team up in the best formation to get the best out of his selections :confused:

deek up front on his own
Duffy up front on his own
McBride wide right
Rankin - anywhere

You explain them for starters then we can go more in depth if you want. 4-2-3-1 You can change the personnel around if you want but there is nothing wrong with the formation. Back 4 protected by 2 (McBride and Murray in this case and Galbraith Rankin and Zemmama in next (hopefully Galbraith and Zemamma creating and Rankin and Galbraith getting back defending) with Duffy up front. Nothing wrong with that at all is there? You said Calderwood had no idea how to set them up but that is plainly wrong.
Who would you have played and how would you have set them up?

Beefster
22-01-2011, 06:02 PM
I think he's a joey..

Sorry but I really do..

Nae need.

Alfred E Newman
22-01-2011, 06:11 PM
4-2-3-1 You can change the personnel around if you want but there is nothing wrong with the formation. Back 4 protected by 2 (McBride and Murray in this case and Galbraith Rankin and Zemmama in next (hopefully Galbraith and Zemamma creating and Rankin and Galbraith getting back defending) with Duffy up front. Nothing wrong with that at all is there? You said Calderwood had no idea how to set them up but that is plainly wrong.

He has shuffled the players around and tried almost every permutation possible without success. The players are garbage and an embarrassment to the club and the sooner he starts being truthfull to the supporters the better. To come out with all this " enjoyable" crap, and "working hard " nonsense is an insult to all who trailed along to Ayr on Wednesday and to Motherwell today.

H18sry
22-01-2011, 06:12 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9370751.stm :rolleyes:

greenlex
22-01-2011, 06:16 PM
He has shuffled the players around and tried almost every permutation possible without success. The players are garbage and an embarrassment to the club and the sooner he starts being truthfull to the supporters the better. To come out with all this " enjoyable" crap, and "working hard " nonsense is an insult to all who trailed along to Ayr on Wednesday and to Motherwell today.
I agree he cant possibly have enjoyed that (unless he thinks it was better than its been) but I think they did work hard today. He is being asked questions and instead of just saying what we all know and post on here day after day he has to try and stay positive. We are in a battle so telling it how it is on the quality front in public isnt going to help. Having said that I can see why fans are pissed off with it. It doesnt bother me in the slightest to be honest.
As for shuffling the pack around well setting aside a horses for courses argument we havent exactly found a winning combination have we?

Judas Iscariot
22-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Nae need.

How?

Do you rate him?

Seen a vast improvement in performances, attitudes and results since he's been in charge?!

Nah, didnae think so..

The Beastie Bus
22-01-2011, 06:24 PM
I was at the match but didn't hear this interview as I was listening to another station. I have to say that he sounds like a man very much in denial. The only part of that interview I agree with is the comment about Booth giving an assured performance, which he did and looks a player without doubt.

That was my first away game this season and will more than likely be my last. There were opportunities to get ourselves back into the game, why Zouma couldn't just put his foot through the ball for his chance before the pen I've no idea and then ballooning the penalty which to be honest you knew before he'd taken it he was't scoring as his whole body language was wrong. How many pens is that we've missed this season and how many penalty takers? Anyway it's going to take a small miracle to get these players back to winning ways and i'm sorry to say I doubt CC is the man to take them there.

JimBHibees
22-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Duffy was rotten - couldnt head a ball / trap a ball / hold up a ball

Actually thought he did ok nearer half time but was poor beforehand, certainly wouldnt have taken him off either on Tuesday or today. He needed support.

Beefster
22-01-2011, 06:37 PM
How?

Do you rate him?

Seen a vast improvement in performances, attitudes and results since he's been in charge?!

Nah, didnae think so..

You've completely missed my point.

There's nae need to start insulting the guy personally. Like it or not, he's still the Hibs manager. Whether I rate him or not is irrelevant.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 06:38 PM
4-2-3-1 You can change the personnel around if you want but there is nothing wrong with the formation. Back 4 protected by 2 (McBride and Murray in this case and Galbraith Rankin and Zemmama in next (hopefully Galbraith and Zemamma creating and Rankin and Galbraith getting back defending) with Duffy up front. Nothing wrong with that at all is there? You said Calderwood had no idea how to set them up but that is plainly wrong.

I said he had no idea how to set the team up to get the best from his selections and that is a fact.

Again I ask why he has played Riordan upfront on his own (At least 3 times)
Played Duffy upfront on his own
NEITHER can play that role therefore the team was set up wrong.
McBride played wide right against Ayr at ER WTF

Lets be honest this is not all CC's fault has he been a major contributor? without a doubt. CC has perfromed a miracle and managed to make us worse.

Crab apple
22-01-2011, 06:40 PM

:agree: That's how i saw the game today as well. I thought we were on top until they scored. I posted elsewhere that Smith does not organise his defence and is a poor shot stopper. Others weren't blameless at their goals but we need rid of Smith pronto. I thought Duffy held the ball up well and when Nish came on in the second half we lost this. I was glad McBride stayed on - I thought he was one of the few who battled and was trying to encourage others. If CC has told him he can go then its a shame as there are others I would punt first.

Beefster
22-01-2011, 06:52 PM
:agree:... It makes you wonder at the mind set of people who want to give him more time.:confused:

Patience, reason, logic, sense and an inability to panic like a wee lassie?

truehibernian
22-01-2011, 06:53 PM
:agree:... It makes you wonder at the mind set of people who want to give him more time.:confused:

Do you rate Derek Riordan ? He has been rank rotten these last 10 games IMHO, yet would you agree to "give him more time".........?

What about Mark Brown......conceded a rake of goals and not been in a winning side since Motherwell......would you give him more time ?

What about Wotherspoon.......had a full season now in and out the side.....would you give him more time ???

My point being that you simply cannot sack CC because of the run we are on......for me it has been since Hughes and Irvine Meadow where we have been rank rank rotten football wise.

Give him three windows, give him the wages/salaries of Rankin, Nish, Hogg, Stack, Smith, Trakys, Duffy and co and let him build a side.

The players are letting the club down, pure and simple. The board are not investing money wisely and the signings have been utterly rank rotten the last two windows.

The culture of the club needs to change, the discipline code needs addressed, and experience needs to be bought in.

Calderwood and Adams will turn it around, I am 100% sure of it. But not until certain players are removed from the club, and that may mean certain favourites......for me, a good thing.

marinello59
22-01-2011, 06:56 PM

:greengrin

Ray_

Yeah & there's also some that still insist the board have done a good job & they have no responsibility for our present plight. :hilarious

Judas Iscariot
You've completely missed my point.

There's nae need to start insulting the guy personally. Like it or not, he's still the Hibs manager. Whether I rate him or not is irrelevant.

Don't be so precious ffs, sticks and stones..

Exactly :agree:

Crab apple
22-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Do you rate Derek Riordan ? He has been rank rotten these last 10 games IMHO, yet would you agree to "give him more time".........?

What about Mark Brown......conceded a rake of goals and not been in a winning side since Motherwell......would you give him more time ?

What about Wotherspoon.......had a full season now in and out the side.....would you give him more time ???

My point being that you simply cannot sack CC because of the run we are on......for me it has been since Hughes and Irvine Meadow where we have been rank rank rotten football wise.

Give him three windows, give him the wages/salaries of Rankin, Nish, Hogg, Stack, Smith, Trakys, Duffy and co and let him build a side.

The players are letting the club down, pure and simple. The board are not investing money wisely and the signings have been utterly rank rotten the last two windows.

The culture of the club needs to change, the discipline code needs addressed, and experience needs to be bought in.

Calderwood and Adams will turn it around, I am 100% sure of it. But not until certain players are removed from the club, and that may mean certain favourites......for me, a good thing.

Agree with most of this but couldn't help see the irony in the words discipline and Adams being in the same post.

Hibercelona
22-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Managers are quite clearly being told what kind of things to say in the interviews.

Its been the same pattern with Mixu and Yogi.

I don't believe for one second that CC enjoyed the game today and couldn't fault the players.

DoonTheSlope
22-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Oh dear...

not long home, how Colin seen the game this way is beyond me.
I thought we were very poor and Motherwell were well worth their win, even if the game was pathetic. Make no mistake we are in serious trouble andvwe have a team that look resigned to defeat.

Bad Martini
22-01-2011, 07:01 PM

He's scored the majority of our goals and is the reason why our goals for and wins/draws have been what they are in terms of goals meaning we have not lost (drawn) or (occassionally) won, except against rangers where he didnt play.

He's been suffering from poor form of late too, like the rest of the team. He's lacking confidence too. Like the rest of the team. Like Torres was at LFC...new manager, 2 goals in 2 weeks. Looks like a different player. Who motivates the team if not the manager?

Also been the reason we weren't pumped by even more goals of late and kept our losses respectable. Same issues and problem as Riordan and SOME of our team (some of them ARE sheite, need to go and shouldn't have been here to start with). Some of them could do "a" job (might not be my choice but I do accept we're Hibs and aren't minted) IF they wanted too/were motivated/were played in the same formation/position/something more than once in 15 games.

I agree with some of your other points but the truth is, we have 2 problems on the go here namely:

1) We've got another manager in...cause the previously installed manager wasn't up to it....this is the 3rd time it's happened. That does NOT mean we need to stick with him forever more. It just proves the board are sheite at appointing a good manager. Once is accidental, twice is bloody unlucky or incompetent. Three times is a habit.

2) We've got some players who could/can and will perform given a chance, some confidence and some motivation. The rest, are sheite and can/should go.

But, this is a mess. The only way through is to clear out the deadwood and that includes Calderwood who was never right for Hibs to start with.

nortonhibby
22-01-2011, 07:03 PM

The man sure has me confused i know Sir Alex Ferguson likes his mind games but CC Is either brilliant at mind games, or has not got a scooby doo:confused:

I For one prey it is the foremost but i am starting to wonder.

Hibercelona
22-01-2011, 07:03 PM
not long home, how Colin seen the game this way is beyond me.
I thought we were very poor and Motherwell were well worth their win, even if the game was pathetic. Make no mistake we are in serious trouble andvwe have a team that look resigned to defeat.

Thats not how he seen the game! :bitchy:

He's clearly being told what to say. Its been evident with the past few managers.

Our recent managers have just been puppets. They aren't being paid to manage a team, they are being paid to take flack from fans, because it lessens attacks towards the real problem. The Hibs Board.

truehibernian
22-01-2011, 07:13 PM
He's scored the majority of our goals and is the reason why our goals for and wins/draws have been what they are in terms of goals meaning we have not lost (drawn) or (occassionally) won, except against rangers where he didnt play.

He's been suffering from poor form of late too, like the rest of the team. He's lacking confidence too. Like the rest of the team. Like Torres was at LFC...new manager, 2 goals in 2 weeks. Looks like a different player. Who motivates the team if not the manager?

Also been the reason we weren't pumped by even more goals of late and kept our losses respectable. Same issues and problem as Riordan and SOME of our team (some of them ARE sheite, need to go and shouldn't have been here to start with). Some of them could do "a" job (might not be my choice but I do accept we're Hibs and aren't minted) IF they wanted too/were motivated/were played in the same formation/position/something more than once in 15 games.

I agree with some of your other points but the truth is, we have 2 problems on the go here namely:

1) We've got another manager in...cause the previously installed manager wasn't up to it....this is the 3rd time it's happened. That does NOT mean we need to stick with him forever more. It just proves the board are sheite at appointing a good manager. Once is accidental, twice is bloody unlucky or incompetent. Three times is a habit.

2) We've got some players who could/can and will perform given a chance, some confidence and some motivation. The rest, are sheite and can/should go.

But, this is a mess. The only way through is to clear out the deadwood and that includes Calderwood who was never right for Hibs to start with.

You missed my point, it was a go at the previous poster.

I would stick with Brown, Riordan and Wotherspoon, but we collectively as fans have had no choice, like the manager CC, but to watch and put up with most of these players.

To sack CC after not giving him a window, and some cash, would not be beneficial IMHO.

We have given certain players time, because we believe that their form will turn (hence I mentoned the three players). Similarly we must give Calderwood time.

But my main gripe with players at Hibernian is their off field "discipline". The card schools, the taking money off young players (which still goes on apparently), the trips to the bookies, the lack of real fitness, the bevvy culture........yes it goes on at every club, but we have never ever addressed it properly.

As a guy who knows a board member really well said to me recently......."you would be surprised how much time the Hibernian board spend in keeping players out of trouble"

As I said previously, the work starts now.

Media ban (no sh**e interviews from players to the Record saying "we will improve").......double sessions, training for the full day..........open East Mains to the fans twice a week for us to see "the effort".........sign a real leader of men and a decent striker.......alcohol ban 48 hours before a game, fines for those seen out at clubs hours before matchdays, Rod Petrie to go public on Hibs TV or the BBC, not hiding behind a statement copied and pasted onto a website !

Time to get tough and get really into the players. They are soft because we and others put up with them being soft.

Set the casuals on them :greengrin

greenlex
22-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Thats not how he seen the game! :bitchy:

He's clearly being told what to say. Its been evident with the past few managers.

Our recent managers have just been puppets. They aren't being paid to manage a team, they are being paid to take flack from fans, because it lessens attacks towards the real problem. The Hibs Players
Fixed that for you :wink:

greenlex
22-01-2011, 07:56 PM
I said he had no idea how to set the team up to get the best from his selections and that is a fact.

Again I ask why he has played Riordan upfront on his own (At least 3 times)
Played Duffy upfront on his own
NEITHER can play that role therefore the team was set up wrong.
McBride played wide right against Ayr at ER WTF

Lets be honest this is not all CC's fault has he been a major contributor? without a doubt. CC has perfromed a miracle and managed to make us worse.

He is playing with 5 in midfield because we dont have four decent enough to do the job. That leaves someone up front on their own. There isnt a lot of choice is there? Nish? No he is never of his erse and cant hold the ball up. Duffy or Riordan is the other choices. Or maybe Byrne a youngster with little first team experience. Lets face it non of these choices are gonna help in a relegation scrap but riordan or duffy are our best chance at nicking a goal.

McBride Wide right? He played his most experienced team on Tuesday night and that was where McBride played. That team should have won easily on Tuesday but it didnt because we couldnt get the ball in the net. It wasnt because McBride played wide right.
I reckon two or three more players and a goal or here will see us ok thus the call for a goalscoarer pronto. A wee bit of confidence will go a long way.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 08:56 PM
He is playing with 5 in midfield because we dont have four decent enough to do the job. That leaves someone up front on their own. There isnt a lot of choice is there? Nish? No he is never of his erse and cant hold the ball up. Duffy or Riordan is the other choices. Or maybe Byrne a youngster with little first team experience. Lets face it non of these choices are gonna help in a relegation scrap but riordan or duffy are our best chance at nicking a goal.

McBride Wide right? He played his most experienced team on Tuesday night and that was where McBride played. That team should have won easily on Tuesday but it didnt because we couldnt get the ball in the net. It wasnt because McBride played wide right.
I reckon two or three more players and a goal or here will see us ok thus the call for a goalscoarer pronto. A wee bit of confidence will go a long way.

No Goals in FIVE games 2 of those games against 2nd div team when do you think the penny will drop he Does not have the players to paly one upfront !!!

greenlex
22-01-2011, 09:12 PM
No Goals in FIVE games 2 of those games against 2nd div team when do you think the penny will drop he Does not have the players to paly one upfront !!!

Its called shutting the back door. Making us harder to beat. We are still shipping goals but its personnel rather than tactics.
Tell me this do we have enough up front to outscore the opposition if we play two or three up there? If we do we will ship even more than the mistakes are allowing at the moment. Hard to beat first and foremost. I really hope he signs another one or two this window. A non nonsense defender who can organise is a must and a striker would be nice
We are in a relegation fight in case you didnt notice

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Its called shutting the back door. Making us harder to beat. We are still shipping goals but its personnel rather than tactics.
Tell me this do we have enough up front to outscore the opposition if we play two or three up there? If we do we will ship even more than the mistakes are allowing at the moment. Hard to beat first and foremost. I really hope he signs another one or two this window. A non nonsense defender who can organise is a must and a striker would be nice
We are in a relegation fight in case you didnt notice

.................Brown
Thicot Hanlon Dickoh Booth
...............Murray
.....Wotherspoon McBride Miller
...........Trakys Riordan

This team would do enough to keep us up if Miller and Deeks can be arrsed

greenlex
22-01-2011, 09:26 PM
.................Brown
Thicot Hanlon Dickoh Booth
...............Murray
.....Wotherspoon McBride Miller
...........Trakys Riordan

This team would do enough to keep us up if Miller and Deeks can be arrsed

That would be a decent team if we were playing well and not in a relegation fight. As it stands its weak defensively down the left hand side. Riordan and Miller cant tackle to save themselves and would leave a laddie with one whole SPL games experience exposed. You are also relying on Trakys playing decent too. I havent seen much of that to be honest. all IMO of course.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Murray is there to help booth and the defense in general a far better balanced team than we currently start with.

CRAZYHIBBY
22-01-2011, 09:59 PM
he can say what he likes, the fact is we are dire and stick ons for relegation. We have nobody capable of scoring goals and players who arent good enough to play for hibs. We should march down to east mains in the middle of a training session and strip them of thier jerseys