PDA

View Full Version : Message to the board

mcfly
22-01-2011, 04:33 PM
I dont want to hear anymore talk of all being in this together, you are paid to do a job and are not doing it well. you sack/appoint the managers

I want players who play for the jersey
I want players who are fit and willing to run their legs off for the jersey
I want players who try for 90 minutes
I want players who show the fans they are committed
i want players who will get us out of this mess.

You have 9 days to do this otherwise face the consequences of relegation.

ie very few season tickets sold
empty bars and hospitality
less programmes/pies/money being spent in hibs shop

Actions speak louder than words - we as fans "DESERVE BETTER"

cheltenhamhibee
22-01-2011, 04:39 PM
I dont want to hear anymore talk of all being in this together, you are paid to do a job and are not doing it well. you sack/appoint the managers

:top marks

Hibstrooper
The board have spent the money - they've made sure to tell us so this week that they've spent more than anyone outside the old firm.

All I can say is I've invested over a thousands pounds into the club in season ticket and other spend over the last three seasons. I don't know if I trust our board to spend that money because I am getting zero return entertainment wise now and this has been the case for a long time.

Diclonius
:top marks

Seconded.

cheltenhamhibee
22-01-2011, 04:55 PM

i will no doubt get slated for saying this but at this moment in time i really dont give a f*** what anyone says or thinks-

as of now Hibs are going to get absolutely no more of my hard earned cash from this moment onwards until i deem them worthy of it, and the **** that we are having to endure right now is far from being worthy, i never in my life imagined that i would see my beloved club in the position its in right now, and it f*****g hurts me doing this, i wish that the club from top to bottom had 10% of the passion that we all have for it, if it did i very much doubt we'd be in this position now if that was the case

TornadoHibby
22-01-2011, 05:09 PM
The board have spent the money - they've made sure to tell us so this week that they've spent more than anyone outside the old firm.

All I can say is I've invested over a thousands pounds into the club in season ticket and other spend over the last three seasons. I don't know if I trust our board to spend that money because I am getting zero return entertainment wise now and this has been the case for a long time.

I think that one of the problems might well be that the club actually doesn't have enough spare funding after all the capital investment of late and, allegedly, turning down an overdraft facility due to the Bank's pricing of the loan (interest rate and arrangement fees as well as ongoing covenants (hurdles or targets to be regularly met)), to fund the necessary influx of fighters, battlers and footballers needed to avoid relegation! :confused:

:dunno: :hmmm:

IWasThere2016
22-01-2011, 05:41 PM
I think that one of the problems might well be that the club actually doesn't have enough spare funding after all the capital investment of late and, allegedly, turning down an overdraft facility due to the Bank's pricing of the loan (interest rate and arrangement fees as well as ongoing covenants (hurdles or targets to be regularly met)), to fund the necessary influx of fighters, battlers and footballers needed to avoid relegation! :confused:

:dunno: :hmmm:

:agree:

Bad Martini
22-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Aye. Money spent on the right things at the wrong time in the wrong order.

Did the tornadoes need a 4 MILLION pound field to practice at? Did the famous five? Naw.

Fitba starts at training that much is true. But spending more on a building than you have on a team is ****ing stupid and has now bitten us big time.

Board can **** off with their excuses spouted on the official site and their crap in the news.

Bottom line; we NEEDED players. We spent on buildings. Plenty of us said it at the time anaw. Now were ****ed.......

zero-seven
22-01-2011, 07:23 PM
agree 100%
time to go in to the red if necessary....get rid of the journeymen and start buying real players who are fit , have skill and a desire to win

Ed De Gramo
22-01-2011, 07:25 PM

Did the tornadoes need a 4 MILLION pound field to practice at? Did the famous five? Naw.

Fitba starts at training that much is true. But spending more on a building than you have on a team is ****ing stupid and has now bitten us big time.

Board can **** off with their excuses spouted on the official site and their crap in the news.

Bottom line; we NEEDED players. We spent on buildings. Plenty of us said it at the time anaw. Now were ****ed.......

Nail on head :top marks:top marks:top marks

down the slope
22-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Spend the Stokes money now or spend years in the wilderness, we are sleep walking to disaster with this lot in charge. They have no excuses anymore.

FranckSuzy
22-01-2011, 07:37 PM

:agree: :top marks

What I want to know is, and maybe those who are more mathematically minded than me can oblige, how much would relegation cost us vs splashing some cash now on decent players? Surely, even by my limited maths, it will cost us dear, very dear, IF we go down :confused:? Surely a pre-emptive strike now is a better and more sensible financial decision?

7Hero
22-01-2011, 07:39 PM

they have also taken more money in than anybody

truehibernian
22-01-2011, 07:45 PM
What's far far more enlightening is that the Board quite surreptitiously placed the "blame" on previous managers by saying "well it's not true to say we didn't invest.....look at the accounts"......

Also saying things like "not signing players is not a policy decision"........

Let's look at it in detail then Mr Board Member...........

If you were interviewing a candidate for being employed in the Hibernian Admin Office, and on their CV it said that they had held 13 jobs in the space of 7 years or so, scattered across the world.......would you think they were a strong candidate as against say someone who had shown promise and ability at 3 jobs in 6 or 7 years.......I give you the sanctioning of Vladas Trakys !

If you had a goalkeeper whose only real achievement was being in an Arsenal squad years previously, and since then had been a loan journeyman who couldn't even stake a claim in any of these clubs........I give you the sanctioning of Graham Stack......

How about candidates whose recent sickness record in their most recent employement were quite appalling.......I herald the signing of Messr's Hart and Duffy !!!

How about if there was one position in your department, and also a position for understudy........hell, it's the Hibernian Charitable Organisation, what the hell....let's employ 5..........Sirs I give you Brown, Smith, Stack, Makalambay and Flynn......enough to have a Christmas Party to themselves eh !!!

Yes Mr Lindsay.....you have indeed backed previous managers with money......it's a crying crying shame that you haven't put football acumen alongside business and employment acumen and signed the best candidates then.........

Here is a wee hint too..........if a player has been available for a good while and we are the only one's showing the slightest bit of interest.......methinks it would be best to avoid.........but what do we know eh, we are just fans :agree:

marinello59
22-01-2011, 07:59 PM
What's far far more enlightening is that the Board quite surreptitiously placed the "blame" on previous managers by saying "well it's not true to say we didn't invest.....look at the accounts"......

:

Surely they were just defending themselves against the often repeated allegation that they did not spend any money on the playing staff. It was fair enough to point out that it was simply not true.
I wouldn't argue to much with the rest of your post. The blame for our high turnover of managers over the past few seasons lies squarely with the board

Part/Time Supporter
22-01-2011, 08:06 PM
I don't see how anyone could reasonably disagree with the first post.

The board has to get out of this "don't look at us, we've done all we can" mentality. They are responsible for this mess and they are equally responsible for the task of getting out of it. If they're not up to it they should get out and let in people who can.

I mean, look at the match report on the official site of today's game. Even in such a short synopsis it has enough to make old Soviet editors of Pravda blush.

Hibernian went two goals behind inside the opening 30 minutes to efforts from Jamie Murphy after he glanced in a Tom Hateley free kick and Steven Saunders, who powered in a header from a corner in a disappointing afternoon at Fir Park.

To heighten Hibernian's misery, Motherwell defender Steven Saunders was only yellow-carded when he denied Hibernian a clear goalscoring opportunity after he had handled inside the area and then Merouane Zemmama blazed his penalty kick over the bar.

In the second half, Hibernian completely controlled the game and created a handful of decent chances, but were unable to translate their superior possession into goals. In fact keeper Graeme Smith was rarely troubled after the interval.

Full credit to the travelling support, who gave Hibernian their full backing throughout and there were some positives to take from the second half display into Wednesday night's showdown with champions Rangers at Easter Road.

How exactly can you be said to have "completely controlled the game" when you were 2-0 down and you ended up losing, erm, 2-0?

Bad Martini
22-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Here is a wee hint too..........if a player has been available for a good while and we are the only one's showing the slightest bit of interest.......methinks it would be best to avoid.........but what do we know eh, we are just fans :agree:

We're in the 95% who "know nothing" (c) Mr C Nish, HFC.
:greengrin

truehibernian
22-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Surely they were just defending themselves against the often repeated allegation that they did not spend any money on the playing staff. It was fair enough to point out that it was simply not true.
I wouldn't argue to much with the rest of your post. The blame for our high turnover of managers over the past few seasons lies squarely with the board

I do agree with you marinello, but for me the statement was 1) a bit cowardly and 2) a hidden message saying "we are taking flak here and it's just not fair"

I would have had far far more respect if Mr Petrie had instead gone live as in done an extended interview with the BBC, in the presence of say Craig Paterson, Pat Nevin and John Robertson.......and then see what he came out with on the spot.

Instead we had what we are now so used to.....lip service. Behind the Goals walkabouts for me just don't cut the mustard as a "meet and greet the fans", especially during a crisis.

Captain Trips
22-01-2011, 08:15 PM

Correct

Saorsa
22-01-2011, 08:18 PM

Bottom line; we NEEDED players. We spent on buildings. Plenty of us said it at the time anaw. Now were ****ed.......:top marks