PDA

View Full Version : Deserve what we get.

Archie70
22-01-2011, 05:32 PM
We've all known for some time how bad the team is, how poor the strength in squad is. We all waited for the transfer window to open. Calderwood would have his targets lined up from down south and Adams from the Scottish Leagues. 22 days, 5 games, derby defeat, dumped out the cup by 1st division opposition and no goals later and we've still not seen a new face. 2 gone and and 22 yr old in but registered too late. It's absolutely criminal that we haven't strengthened. RP states he'll double his efforts, can we assume from this he was only putting in half the effort he should have been. I've no doubt we'll get players but by then we could be adrift and then old excuses will be trotted out, they need time to bed in, time to know the scottish game. They could have had 5 games to do exactly that. No new faces has got us what we deserve. The sum root of f**l all.
I wonder whose turn it is to release a statement this week!

Westie1875
22-01-2011, 05:37 PM
We've all known for some time how bad the team is, how poor the strength in squad is. We all waited for the transfer window to open. Calderwood would have his targets lined up from down south and Adams from the Scottish Leagues. 22 days, 5 games, derby defeat, dumped out the cup by 1st division opposition and no goals later and we've still not seen a new face. 2 gone and and 22 yr old in but registered too late. It's absolutely criminal that we haven't strengthened. RP states he'll double his efforts, can we assume from this he was only putting in half the effort he should have been. I've no doubt we'll get players but by then we could be adrift and then old excuses will be trotted out, they need time to bed in, time to know the scottish game. They could have had 5 games to do exactly that. No new faces has got us what we deserve. The sum root of f**l all.

Spot on, the board need to waken up to the reality of our situation and act fast to get the players in that we need and get rid of some of the dross (I know it will cost money but relegation will cost us more).

As you say, if RP can double his efforts now then he clearly wasn't taking the situation seriously and giving his all to begin with, which really is unnacceptable.

marinello59
22-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Spot on, the board need to waken up to the reality of our situation and act fast to get the players in that we need and get rid of some of the dross (I know it will cost money but relegation will cost us more).

As you say, if RP can double his efforts now then he clearly wasn't taking the situation seriously and giving his all to begin with, which really is unnacceptable.

I am not picking on you but I keep reading similar comments to this. Does anybody really think that the board don't realise how serious this is?

EasterRoad4Ever
22-01-2011, 05:42 PM

The predicament the club finds itself in is to a very large extent due to the negligence of the Hibs Board. What you have outlined above has been patently obvious to anyone who has been outside looking in. The Board has failed in its duty to address the slide that has been evident for over 12 months. To NOT have targets lined up and secured at the start of the January Window is indefensible. We are a club in steep decline, which our Board has failed in its duty to even TRY and address when they have clearly had the resources and opportunity. Petrie simply MUST be removed from office - he is ultimately accountable and needs to take some responsibility for this mess.

i'll be going along on Wed to the Hun match - if for no other reason than have a complete go at the players, the Board and after CCs performance over the last 2 matches, at Calderwood.

Grizz
22-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Problem is - Going to be difficult to attract decent players to a club on a rapid descent with no signs of improving...

EasterRoad4Ever
22-01-2011, 05:46 PM

The club needs to make an EXAMPLE of some of these players that are out of contract and clearly not interested. Make a public example of them and FIRE them immediately or - if it saves us a few quid - publicly state that X, Y & Z will no longer play for the team and are effectively being sent home. Vilify the buggers. Do SOMETHING for gods sake, but rotating these wasters is not the answer.

TornadoHibby
22-01-2011, 05:47 PM
I am not picking on you but I keep reading similar comments to this. Does anybody really think that the board don't realise how serious this is?

I think that the problem here is that whilst I am sure that the Board are aware of the gravity of the situation regarding the high possibility of relegation from the SPL for Hibs this season, the fact is that nothing positive appears to have been done regarding getting the playing pool changed at the soonest possible time so as to maximise the potential for avoiding relegation! :cool2:

I am increasingly finding it almost impossible to imagine that Hibs will be playing in the SPL next season as we simply do not have the fighters and battlers in the squad who would get us out of the bottom end of the league! :confused:

Westie1875
22-01-2011, 05:50 PM

I think if they did then we would have seen new players in by now and some of the wasters emptied.

sahib
22-01-2011, 06:10 PM

They sure do. Their ****ing gravy train is about to hit the buffers and they might need to get real jobs.

fatbloke
22-01-2011, 06:12 PM

2nd division actually!

sesoim
22-01-2011, 07:26 PM
The club needs to make an EXAMPLE of some of these players that are out of contract and clearly not interested. Make a public example of them and FIRE them immediately or - if it saves us a few quid - publicly state that X, Y & Z will no longer play for the team and are effectively being sent home. Vilify the buggers. Do SOMETHING for gods sake, but rotating these wasters is not the answer.

:agree: 100% agree. I would have liked us to have talked to quite a few of these players in December with a view to terminating their contracts early. I know it would be costly, but we need to get these wasters away from the club, where they are setting a bad example to the youngsters.

Also, we should really have 4 or 5 players lined up ready to sign in early January, but again Petrie/CC have fell way short in that respect.

BEEJ
22-01-2011, 08:43 PM
I think they may be switching on now to just how serious the situation is after this week's results.