PDA

View Full Version : FAO CC - tender your resignation NOW!

SneakersO'Toole
22-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Had this up a couple of minutes ago until I accidentally deleted it when trying to edit. Damn blackberrys.

He needs to go IMO. He can paint any picture that he wants with the media, I'm not buying. He is under huge pressure and his body language says it all. I
Personally don't think be has what it takes to get us out of this crisis. I actually feel sorry for him because he should never have been appointed in the first. His lack of Scottish football knowledge is showing and I'm sorry but some of his decisions over the last few weeks have been unforgivable.

People can moan all they want about not changing managers again but if Petrie put as much effort into bank balancing as the sourcing process for new managers we wouldn't be in this position.

Stucl with Calderwood and we're down IMO. If I'm proved wrong then will happily eat my words but I don't think I will be. And results are backing this up.

Newhaven
22-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Had this up a couple of minutes ago until I accidentally deleted it when trying to edit. Damn blackberrys.

He needs to go IMO. He can paint any picture that he wants with the media, I'm not buying. He is under huge pressure and his body language says it all. I
Personally don't think be has what it takes to get us out of this crisis. I actually feel sorry for him because he should never have been appointed in the first. His lack of Scottish football knowledge is showing and I'm sorry but some of his decisions over the last few weeks have been unforgivable.

People can moan all they want about not changing managers again but if Petrie put as much effort into bank balancing as the sourcing process for new managers we wouldn't be in this position.

Stucl with Calderwood and we're down IMO. If I'm proved wrong then will happily eat my words but I don't think I will be. And results are backing this up.

:agree:

Not just because of today but he has made us WORSE since his appointment.

If it can happen to Sauzee after 60 odd days then the board should be pressurising him for some improvement.

We are the SPL soft touches once again this season, how we have fallen when we are running scared of a team from Hamilton :fuming:

RickyS
22-01-2011, 04:19 PM

his biggest problem is that he can't ship out 15 and bring in 15 he is working with players who dont give a ****, dont care and got Yogi the boot. AND we are relying on the bulk of them to keep us up

Purehibee_MYB
22-01-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm starting to think the club as a whole needs a complete overhaul... and Tom Farmer needs to put up or sell up now...its about time.

greenlex
22-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Dont resign Colin that will seal our relegation without a doubt. How about you dont panic and sign the right players to keep us up and then sort out the playing side proper next season.

Hibs Class
22-01-2011, 04:23 PM
So we get rid of CC, on the back of Hughes, following Mixu and that after JC had left. What kind of picture would that paint to any decent candidate who might even consider coming to us?

Supporters need to come to terms with the fact the CC will be here for the rest of this season - at least - and get behind him instead of this constant futile sniping.

Franck Stanton
22-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Right, lets say you get your way and CC does walk. We are 9 days away fron the end of this transfer window , so any new manager, assuming we appointed one [just who do you suggest?] 5 min after CC leaves, he would only have this amount of time to bring any players in. As for working with the ****** we currently have - gies a break, it has been obvious to even Stevie Wonder that they couldnae give a flying one as they know they are just treading water till they are emptied at end of season. If we should be calling for anyones head it should be the one consistant which made the last 4 managers fail - THE BOARD - they appointed CC so now is the time for them to give him the tools to do the job and open the purse strings and allow him to sign at least 4 quality players within next few days.

Nameless
22-01-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm sorry but some of his decisions over the last few weeks have been unforgivable.

Any chance you can give an example of 3 "unforgivable" descisions he has made?

Newhaven
22-01-2011, 04:37 PM
sign the right players to keep us up

We are 9 days away fron the end of this transfer window

Well CC has had 22 days to get players in and still only one has come in whos having a medical.

His targets should have been identified in November/December and yes things change in football with managers coming and going but he should have players in by now (Christ we were so happy to get rid of Sol come 12:01 on 1/1/11)

A lot of hardcore hibs fans are talking about dumping season tickets for next year already due to the low standard they're paying top dollar for.

We were quick to get rid of a hibs legend in 69 days so we should shed no tears if CC goes.

BT58
1 he put smith in goals
2 he brought rank back in
3 he makes too many changes,match to match

howzat

gillythehibby
I'd actually stopped posting as I was depressed enough just reading everyone else's posts. However. I look at the personnel of the 2 teams today and as I go through them I'm asking why we cannot get a tune out of these guys against teams with less talent? Motherwell have no superstars. We have players as good as and some a fair bit better. Why then can the manager not get a tune out of these guys? I wasn't exactly excited when he was appointed, but the lack of response has been frightening. It's too easy to say another character would have done better and we signed the wrong calderwood blah blah blah, but like the saying goes you get what you pay for. I fear we are gone. Hope I'm wrong/

ForeverHibs93
22-01-2011, 04:40 PM
I'd agree, you on here can say it's not his players etc. all you like but at the end of the day our results are abysmal and we should at least be getting some points or being harder to score against. Unfortunately we're not. We are sinking fast.

J-C
22-01-2011, 04:41 PM

I was all for giving him the benefit of the doubt due to the fact these are not his players and they are really pants but not even looking like there is any structure to what he is doing. He looks totally lost right now, unable to change things and as a thread has said elsewhere Bingo team selection, pick any 11 from 22.

hibiedude
22-01-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm not convinced CC is the man for the job but we can't keep sacking managers the problem lies at board level.

Great Training facilities
Great Stadium

But the product on the park is dire and the fans are staying away in numbers.

Petrie needs to make clear what actions he's prepared to take and back it up with action and if he can't he needs to step down because we can't continue going downhill... we deserve better.

Judas Iscariot
22-01-2011, 04:43 PM
1 he put smith in goals

howzat

:top marks

:bye: CC, before it's too late..

Nameless
22-01-2011, 04:46 PM
1 he put smith in goals

howzat

Bad descisions in retrospect, as they have not worked, but unforgivable, not really. He makes changes because it is not working. If he was to stick with the same bunch of no marks, I'm sure point 3 would have been "Doesn't make changes when it is clearly not working":wink:

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 04:47 PM
I was all for giving him the benefit of the doubt due to the fact these are not his players and they are really pants but not even looking like there is any structure to what he is doing. He looks totally lost right now, unable to change things and as a thread has said elsewhere Bingo team selection, pick any 11 from 22.

I agree that and 180 mins against 2nd Div team and no goals

We no w look like we could play forever and not score

He has acheived the impossible and made us worse than we were under Yogi

Beefster
22-01-2011, 04:49 PM

Not just because of today but he has made us WORSE since his appointment.

If it can happen to Sauzee after 60 odd days then the board should be pressurising him for some improvement.

We are the SPL soft touches once again this season, how we have fallen when we are running scared of a team from Hamilton :fuming:

I rarely use smilies but if someone can find me a 'sigh' one, I'd be forever grateful.

How has he made us worse than we were under Hughes in the latter stages of last season and early this season because it's not in results, goals scored or goals conceded?

Newhaven
22-01-2011, 04:53 PM
I rarely use smilies but if someone can find me a 'sigh' one, I'd be forever grateful.

How has he made us worse than we were under Hughes in the latter stages of last season and early this season because it's not in results, goals scored or goals conceded?

http://im-smiley.com/imgs/flat/sigh.jpg

This do you?

BT58
22-01-2011, 04:55 PM

:bye: CC, before it's too late..

to be honest stevo,,,,,,,,id rather keep CC, but his team selections are BAFFLING
he drops players,then 2 months later there back in:confused::confused:
i noticed hogg was on the bench???
he tells one, he has to go,then plays him!!!
weve had 22 days of waiting,,,,,i still dont know if this guy has signed or not
will we get in another 3,,,,,,,,i can only dream

easty
22-01-2011, 04:55 PM
CC has to get the time to sort this mess out, I don't think we'll be relegated but we'll not be far off it. Over the summer is when we'll find out what CC has to offer us.

He's changing the team a lot, but that's because the players aren't performing...if he wasn't changing the side he'd be slated for that as well! He's not had the benefit of pre-season friendlies to find out for himself what system to use with this lot of imposters, you can't tell from watching them in training how they'll do in an actual game.

Sacking hims not going to help matters in my opinion. The players we are stuck with are ruining this club just now. CC can't force them to play well, they have to want to.

col02
22-01-2011, 04:56 PM
1 he put smith in goals

howzat

1. Brown has been a good shot stopper but has he claimed many clean sheets while at Hibs? Smith is an odd choice but I think there is more to it than meets the eye!
2. I would agree this is an error perhaps as Wotherspoon in centre midfield gives something positive for next season perhaps on him gaining experience playing there.
3. I think this comes from lack of faith in the Hibs squad. How many players are there that you would trust week in week out to give you a performance? I think at the moment Hanlon because of his age is the only that has been anything near steady. Galbraith and Wotherspoon are two others I would persist with playing but apart from that nobody else inspires me.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 04:57 PM
CC - "I enjoyed what the team did with and without the ball today"

"I enjoyed the game even though it was 0 - 2"

"I dont want us involved in a relegation battle"

"We will see a flurry of activity maybe 2 more signings""

Call the Doctors Please

Gmack7
22-01-2011, 04:57 PM
imo the problem with this team apart from being ****** is they dont give a flying f££k because they know they are not getting a new contract they all know they are getting punted out the door.2nd bottom is now success

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Would like to hear CC give a vote of confidence to the Chairman and the board. Would also like to hear the chairman and all directors make a public pledge to resign if we go down, and not demand any pay-off compo. We can't reward failure at any level.

lord bunberry
22-01-2011, 05:00 PM
does anyone who thinks cc should stay think he is doing a good job if they dont how long should he be allowed to continue doing a bad one

Scorrie
22-01-2011, 05:01 PM
While I remian to be convinced about CC, I am not seeing any obvious candidates out there that would do any better at the moment so stick with him. What I cant get my head around is the constant changing of line ups. What is that about? We got a great result at Ibrox and we should have kept the same line up after that for me but the constant chopping and changing is unsettling and a manager should know his best line up by now, whether they are his own players or not

Beefster
22-01-2011, 05:03 PM
While I remian to be convinced about CC, I am not seeing any obvious candidates out there that would do any better at the moment so stick with him. What I cant get my head around is the constant changing of line ups. What is that about? We got a great result at Ibrox and we should have kept the same line up after that for me but the constant chopping and changing is unsettling and a manager should know his best line up by now, whether they are his own players or not

How would he know his best line-up if they are all playing utter rubbish? If any of them were performing, he would know his best team by now.

BT58
22-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Bad descisions in retrospect, as they have not worked, but unforgivable, not really. He makes changes because it is not working. If he was to stick with the same bunch of no marks, I'm sure point 3 would have been "Doesn't make changes when it is clearly not working":wink:

not gonna argue with a fellow mussy,,,,,,,,but,,,,,,
Smith should be out the door,,,,,nowhere near hibs goals
he makes TOOOOO many changes,, im not saying we should stick by the same team,week in week out,,,,but at least try and keep to say 8 regulars,mind you
who they 8 would be,i dont know:wink:

Franck Stanton
22-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Well CC has had 22 days to get players in and still only one has come in whos having a medical.

His targets should have been identified in November/December and yes things change in football with managers coming and going but he should have players in by now (Christ we were so happy to get rid of Sol come 12:01 on 1/1/11)

A lot of hardcore hibs fans are talking about dumping season tickets for next year already due to the low standard they're paying top dollar for.

We were quick to get rid of a hibs legend in 69 days so we should shed no tears if CC goes.

Read my whole post, not just the one line you highlighted, I said any manager coming in now would only have 9 days left of this transfer window. You are correct, players should have been identified early so that when the window opened we could make our moves. Trouble is the financial restraints CC is having to work under and as they say " when you pay peanuts..........." I however am not convinced CC is the right man for us, but I am prepared to give him time, and for the record I do not think we will be relegated, I think it will go to the wire and when the break happens we will pick up more points than Hamilton and St Mirren - still not a great situation but hey ho ****** happens [ and has done for past 12 months - even before CC arrived, strange that eh.]

Franck Stanton
22-01-2011, 05:57 PM
CC has to get the time to sort this mess out, I don't think we'll be relegated but we'll not be far off it. Over the summer is when we'll find out what CC has to offer us.

He's changing the team a lot, but that's because the players aren't performing...if he wasn't changing the side he'd be slated for that as well! He's not had the benefit of pre-season friendlies to find out for himself what system to use with this lot of imposters, you can't tell from watching them in training how they'll do in an actual game.

Sacking hims not going to help matters in my opinion. The players we are stuck with are ruining this club just now. CC can't force them to play well, they have to want to.

At last a post I can 100% agree with, well said mate

Newhaven
22-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Read my whole post, not just the one line you highlighted, I said any manager coming in now would only have 9 days left of this transfer window. You are correct, players should have been identified early so that when the window opened we could make our moves. Trouble is the financial restraints CC is having to work under and as they say " when you pay peanuts..........." I however am not convinced CC is the right man for us, but I am prepared to give him time, and for the record I do not think we will be relegated, I think it will go to the wire and when the break happens we will pick up more points than Hamilton and St Mirren - still not a great situation but hey ho ****** happens [ and has done for past 12 months - even before CC arrived, strange that eh.]

The whole post was read :wink:

Perhaps new players aren't needed though - maybe these imposters in a green jersey could actually turn into proper players with a bit of steel in them by a new manager?

I too dont think we'll go down but I wouldn't put it in the hands of a manager with no previous SPL experience to see if Im right or not. Thinking longer term would many people buy a season ticket for next year with CC at the helm?

HibsMax
22-01-2011, 06:21 PM

Perhaps new players aren't needed though - maybe these imposters in a green jersey could actually turn into proper players with a bit of steel in them by a new manager?

I too dont think we'll go down but I wouldn't put it in the hands of a manager with no previous SPL experience to see if Im right or not. Thinking longer term would many people buy a season ticket for next year with CC at the helm?

How many new managers are we going to try and then run out of town before they get a chance to prove themselves? I think you said in another thread that part of being a manager is being able to coach the players you have as well as build up the team using connections and scouts (something along those lines). Well we haven't given the guy time to assemble his own team. Yes I know that we are 22 days through January but that means nothing at all. Maybe there are no targets out there? Maybe there are but they are out of our price range? Maybe there are but they have no interest in joining a club that is in apparent freefall?

From everything that I've read on here it's apparent that contrary to your hypothesis, I think new players ARE needed.

We're all Hibs fans and we're all on the same side. I think it's obvious given the disagreements between ourselves that the answer is not exactly black and white. We have people calling for players to be punted, players to be bought, the manager to be sacked, the manager to resign, the board to resign, etc. Surely that is enough to show that there is no clearcut answer? You have one answer. I have another. Other fans have their opinions. If everyone was saying the exact same thing as you then I would find that harder to ignore but I fear that people were expecting miracles from our new manger, regardless of who we actually appointed. Maybe someone else could do a better job ("nobody could do worse!" responses welcomed) but we really don't know that. Part of me thinks that players of good enough quality should be able to perform better than we are even without a manager. Either our players are not trying or they're not good enough. If they are not good enough then they never were good enough or Colin has managed to coach all their skills down the toilet and I find that kinda hard to swallow. The assumption I mean, not the toilet.

Ernie Cobra
22-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Dont resign Colin that will seal our relegation without a doubt. How about you dont panic and sign the right players to keep us up and then sort out the playing side proper next season.

10 games no wins
5 games no goals
1 unknown signing in 22 days of a transfer window
playing players who have been released
playing nish
hoofing the ball up the park to a loan derek riordan
dropping brown and playing smith

aye colin your awright son.........BOLT TIME TO GO, TIME FOR PETRIE TO GO.

if i performed as badly at my job i would be sacked, and there wouldnae be any of this ,,,"ah the poor guys just in thr job pish"

If you cant do the job you get fired- it really is as simple as that!

greenlex
22-01-2011, 06:23 PM
10 games no wins
5 games no goals
playing nish

if i performed as badly at my job i would be sacked, and there wouldnae be any of this ,,,"ah the poor guys just in thr job pish"

You no a fan then?:greengrin

Bad Martini
22-01-2011, 06:25 PM

Agreed 100%.

Were not in a disimilar position to the hodgson and lfc saga.

The same shower of imposters who turned over chelsea were turned over by teams like wolves earlier this season.

The shower of imposters we have seemed capable against the huns and most of them put in some good games last season.

You have 2 options in these situations;
1) empty them all as they are well paid and that alone if nothing else should motivate them
OR
2) get the right person to get the most out of them....

If it were up to me, id go for option 1. However Kenny Dalglish at LFC appears to be proving quite clearly within less than 2 weeks the premierships laziest lethargic imposters can in fact play and play well.

At the same time he's united the fans, owners, team and everyone else at the club. He's also been afforded respect because he does not need to PROVE himself to anyone. Why didn't we appoint someone proven who could also get the job done?

Answer...it costs money and requires some brains to put in the right man. As per above example, they're now selling kenny merch all over and making a mint so it can be a money spinner too...

matty_f
22-01-2011, 06:25 PM
I can totally understand the calls for CC to resign, but I genuinely hope he doesn't - and I hope the board stick by him.

These players have already cost at least one manager his job, someone else coming in now will still be stuck with them until the summer, by which point he'll have had a few months trying to get a win out of them as well, and folk on here will be calling for his head too.

We need stability now, not more change. He's brought one player in already, is talking of another two - we need to let him do that and look to revamp the squad come the summer. He should be judged on whether or not his signings in this window were sufficient to keep us up.

JimBHibees
22-01-2011, 06:27 PM
I can totally understand the calls for CC to resign, but I genuinely hope he doesn't - and I hope the board stick by him.

These players have already cost at least one manager his job, someone else coming in now will still be stuck with them until the summer, by which point he'll have had a few months trying to get a win out of them as well, and folk on here will be calling for his head too.

We need stability now, not more change. He's brought one player in already, is talking of another two - we need to let him do that and look to revamp the squad come the summer. He should be judged on whether or not his signings in this window were sufficient to keep us up.

Completely agree.

easty
10 games no wins
5 games no goals
playing nish

If it was as simple as that then how many of our first team players would you be sacking before even considering handing CC his P45?

Ed De Gramo
No danger!

At the moment, the club is rotten to the core.....

We could bring Alex Ferguson and we'd still be in the same mess. The players need to look at themselves in the mirror and forget the dreams of playing Call Of Duty Black Ops in the training centre as soon as the session has finished.

East Mains should be stripped off anything that has no relevance to football and the players made to train longer.

I wasn't a big fan of Collins, but starting to see that maybe he had a point.

HibsMax
10 games no wins
5 games no goals
playing nish

It's not that simple. If I hire you as a mechanic and then give you a Fisher Price tool set, would it be fair of me to fire you after a few months because you hadn't fixed a single car? If I hired you to manage my garage but the employees were all incompetent (to the degree that they got my previous manager fired) would it be fair to fire you based on their failings?

I know there are some things about the way that Colin conducts his business that makes people raise their eyebrows but it's not clear to me that HE is the reason we're not performing rather than the players.

It just seems silly to me to stick with the same failing players while we repeatedly sack managers.

matty_f
22-01-2011, 06:29 PM
It's not that simple. If I hire you as a mechanic and then give you a Fisher Price tool set, would it be fair of me to fire you after a few months because you hadn't fixed a single car? If I hired you to manage my garage but the employees were all incompetent (to the degree that they got my previous manager fired) would it be fair to fire you based on their failings?

I know there are some things about the way that Colin conducts his business that makes people raise their eyebrows but it's not clear to me that HE is the reason we're not performing rather than the players.

It just seems silly to me to stick with the same failing players while we go repeatedly sack managers.

Newhaven
22-01-2011, 06:32 PM
How many new managers are we going to try and then run out of town before they get a chance to prove themselves? I think you said in another thread that part of being a manager is being able to coach the players you have as well as build up the team using connections and scouts (something along those lines). Well we haven't given the guy time to assemble his own team. Yes I know that we are 22 days through January but that means nothing at all. Maybe there are no targets out there? Maybe there are but they are out of our price range? Maybe there are but they have no interest in joining a club that is in apparent freefall?

From everything that I've read on here it's apparent that contrary to your hypothesis, I think new players ARE needed.

We're all Hibs fans and we're all on the same side. I think it's obvious given the disagreements between ourselves that the answer is not exactly black and white. We have people calling for players to be punted, players to be bought, the manager to be sacked, the manager to resign, the board to resign, etc. Surely that is enough to show that there is no clearcut answer? You have one answer. I have another. Other fans have their opinions. If everyone was saying the exact same thing as you then I would find that harder to ignore but I fear that people were expecting miracle from our new manger, regardless of who we actually appointed. Maybe someone else could do a better job ("nobody could do worse!" responses welcomed) but we really don't know that. Part of me thinks that players of good enough quality should be able to perform better than we are even without a manager. Either our players are not trying or they're not good enough. If they are not good enough then they never were good enough or Colin has managed to coach all their skills down the toilet and I find that kinda hard to swallow. The assumption I mean, not the toilet.

So how much time are we giving CC then? A month? A year?

Players are needed (EVERYONE admits that) as we have no stomach for a fight. You keep banging the drum with perhaps players dont want to join Hibs so it's up for the manager to persuade them to come. For you to bury your head in the sand and say no one wants to join us so there! is just plain nonsense.

As you say people have different opinions - the world would be a boring place if we all had the same one. Some people want CC to stick it out and save us. Others want to cut their losses and admit we made a mistake and get a new man in.

HibsMax
22-01-2011, 06:39 PM
We haven't even given him one complete January transfer window. How about at least giving him that amount of time? Better yet, how about waiting until the close season when there is generally speaking more movement in the transfer market and when Hibs can offload a lot of dead weight? I'm not asking for fans to give him unwavering support indefinitely but, in my opinion, he needs to be at least given the opportunity to make the team his before we cast judgment.

Players are needed (EVERYONE admits that) as we have no stomach for a fight. You keep banging the drum with perhaps players dont want to join Hibs so it's up for the manager to persuade them to come. For you to bury your head in the sand and say no one wants to join us so there! is just plain nonsense.
LOL. Banging the drum? Pardon me for having an opinion that differs from yours. How exactly does a football manager persuade players to board a sinking ship?

I'm not burying my head in the sand. I NEVER once said that nobody wants to join Hibs. All I did was offer up a possible explanation as to why Hibs have not amassed as many new players as you seem to think we should have by now.

If you're going to try and pick my posts apart then do yourself a favour and make sure you understand exactly what it is that I said as opposed to saying that I said things that I never did. Cheers for that.

EDIT : to save you some time, here's one of the posts that I think you are referring to re: drum banging:
Yes, he's had the time but consider these points:
1. maybe there is nobody around that he wants.
2. maybe nobody actually wants to come play for Hibs. Go figure!

Just because we've had 21 days doesn't mean that something should have happened.

And you just know that a certain portion of the fans would be pissed if CC brought in someone just for the hell of it.
Note the subtle use of the word, "maybe". :wink:

As you say people have different opinions - the world would be a boring place if we all had the same one. Some people want CC to stick it out and save us. Others want to cut their losses and admit we made a mistake and get a new man in.
And we can keep doing that every 3 months. Yup, that should work.

Danderhall Hibs
22-01-2011, 06:40 PM

He needs longer than a few weeks. He's been left with a load of players that can't be bothered and are looking forward to a move to Arbroath, Alloa and Clyde next season.

I think most folk said when Hughes left the club that the new guy needed time to sort it out. Now we're panicking and want to start the process all over again.

JimBHibees
22-01-2011, 06:41 PM
He needs longer than a few weeks. He's been left with a load of players that can't be bothered and are looking forward to a move to Arbroath, Alloa and Clyde next season.

I think most folk said when Hughes left the club that the new guy needed time to sort it out. Now we're panicking and want to start the process all over again.

Yep totally agree, far too many knee-jerkers and bed wetters in the Hibs support at the moment. Give the guy a proper chance which includes the opportunity of getting his own signings in.

HibsMax
22-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Yep totally agree, far too many knee-jerkers and bed wetters in the Hibs support at the moment. Give the guy a proper chance which includes the opportunity of getting his own signings in.

But, Jim, he's had 22 days already. How much longer does it take FFS?

:wink:

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 06:47 PM

It just seems silly to me to stick with the same failing players while we repeatedly sack managers.

Well in the 3 months I would have expected you to have identified the tools you need and the tools you dont. I would have expected you to have informed me and been ready to get replacement tools ASAP to stop my garage going bankrupt.

If you had not then you would deserve to go.

HibsMax
22-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Well in the 3 months I would have expected you to have identified the tools you need and the tools you dont. I would have expected you to have informed me and been ready to get replacement tools ASAP to stop my garage going bankrupt.

Unfortunately my analogy fails at that point. Buying tools is something anyone can do. Buying players is a little more tricky. I am sure that, for the most part, two identical Snap-On socket sets will perform equally as well as each other. The same cannot be said of a striker.

Now it's my turn to make some assumptions:
1. I assume that Colin knows our team's weaknesses.
2. I assume that Colin has spoken to the Tache about this.

It's up to the board to give him the money so he can go out and by the tools he needs. I doubt he is authorized to go and do it without the board's approval.

If he has not been given adequate funds to buy new players then his hands are tied.

I think we're all in agreement that the team needs some new blood. Where we seem to disagree is how much opportunity Colin has been given to do that already and how much he should have achieved. Without knowing what goes on behind closed doors at ER I don't think anyone can really say what is realistic or otherwise. I mean, if Colin has been promised 100K then that might explain his reluctance to spend. But if he has been given 2 million then he has no excuse.

ronaldo7
22-01-2011, 06:52 PM

:greengrin with this.

Say we appointed Jimmy Orange, and he lost his first 5 games, their would be some on here asking for his Terry's chocolate head.

Where are the Hibernians who want to fight for our cause.

IF YOUR NOT WITH US, YOU'RE AGAINST US.

GGTTH

Danderhall Hibs
22-01-2011, 06:56 PM

See if Maccess wouldn't sell you the tools you need/want or the tools you want were damaged what would hyou do? Just buy anything they sell and hope they'll do the job?

HibsMax
22-01-2011, 06:57 PM
See if Maccess wouldn't sell you the tools you need/want or the tools you want were damaged what would hyou do? Just buy anything they sell and hope they'll do the job?
Go to Halfords. :D

Newhaven
22-01-2011, 06:59 PM
We haven't even given him one complete January transfer window. How about at least giving him that amount of time? Better yet, how about waiting until the close season when there is generally speaking more movement in the transfer market and when Hibs can offload a lot of dead weight? I'm not asking for fans to give him unwavering support indefinitely but, in my opinion, he needs to be at least given the opportunity to make the team his before we cast judgment.

LOL. Banging the drum? Pardon me for having an opinion that differs from yours. How exactly does a football manager persuade players to board a sinking ship?

I'm not burying my head in the sand. I NEVER once said that nobody wants to join Hibs. All I did was offer up a possible explanation as to why Hibs have not amassed as many new players as you seem to think we should have by now.

If you're going to try and pick my posts apart then do yourself a favour and make sure you understand exactly what it is that I said as opposed to saying that I said things that I never did. Cheers for that.

EDIT : to save you some time, here's one of the posts that I think you are referring to re: drum banging:

Just because we've had 21 days doesn't mean that something should have happened.

And you just know that a certain portion of the fans would be pissed if CC brought in someone just for the hell of it.

As I said people have different opinions - good luck :thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
22-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Go to Halfords. :D

Too dear. You can only shop in the shops you can afford...

HibsMax
22-01-2011, 07:01 PM
As I said people have different opinions - good luck :thumbsup:

I totally agree with you, we all have different opinions and the world is a better place for it.

(but I didn't say that nobody would join Hibs). ;)

HibsMax
22-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Too dear. You can only shop in the shops you can afford...

LOL. I was kidding (as I am sure you knew). I didn't even know if they still existed.

smurf
22-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Unfortunately my analogy fails at that point. Buying tools is something anyone can do. Buying players is a little more tricky.

Now it's my turn to make some assumptions:
1. I assume that Colin knows our team's weaknesses.
2. I assume that Colin has spoken to the Tache about this.

It's up to the board to give him the money so he can go out and by the tools he needs. I doubt he is authorized to go and do it without the board's approval.

If he has not been given adequate funds to buy new players then his hands are tied.

Our future is totally reliant on whether our board deliver the required change in personnel THIS month.

Danderhall Hibs
22-01-2011, 07:05 PM
LOL. I was kidding (as I am sure you knew). I didn't even know if they still existed.

They're still there mate and still dear.:greengrin

Ernie Cobra
22-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Any chance you can give an example of 3 "unforgivable" descisions he has made?

Dropping brown

playing Nish and Mcbride when they have been freed.

doing the square root of **** all in the transfer window.

not producing a team that can score over 180mins against a part time outfit

ohh that was 4 and i could keep going

Albion Hibs
22-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Do NOT resign CC.

Take no notice of some of the ridiculous shouts on here for you to walk away. It was exactly the same people that hounded out our last manager and the one before. These fans do nothing our than destabilise our club and are in a large part responsible for the state we find ourselves in today.

Yogi was hounded out during the opening of this season, you therefore inherited a team that you are currently trying to change. Unfortunately a section of our fans expected you to bring your wand, and turn Miller into Fabregas, Riordan into Tevez and Nish into Messi and the rest of them in to run of the mill galacticos.

You would think we had been on an extensive winning run before you came along, the fans obviously want you to restore the team to the glory days of 2010 Feb-Sep.

Mr Nish pinpointed the extent of a fans knowledge of the game, and this site is more often than not a reflection of that.

We are never, and I mean never, in my opinion going to go anywhere as a club with the constant - lets look and see if the next manager is better, lets get rid of this player and see if the next one is better. Each time we think about doing the hibs.net experience we lose three points, or a month looking for a new manager, and then 2 months while he finds his feet, over and above that we end up with a squad of players that represent 3 picks from each manager and alas the situation that Hibernian FC finds itself in today.

Judas Iscariot
22-01-2011, 07:10 PM
10 games no wins
5 games no goals
playing nish

You sir, you deal in FACTS!!

I like the cut of your jib :agree:

However, you did forget to add the fact that the only signing he has made is INJURED and from his previous managerial post..

When Hughes signed players from his last managerial post or had manage them before, folk on here were up in arms!!

Double standards..

HibsMax
22-01-2011, 07:11 PM
[/B]

Dropping brown

playing Nish and Mcbride when they have been freed.

doing the square root of **** all in the transfer window.

not producing a team that can score over 180mins against a part time outfit

ohh that was 4 and i could keep going

Apparently we've signed a midfielder and the window still has 9 days left. A little premature aren't you?

No arguments with your others though....

Ernie Cobra
22-01-2011, 07:11 PM
If it was as simple as that then how many of our first team players would you be sacking before even considering handing CC his P45?

dont deny that at all, but as thier manager he has to take action against them, no?

i would say the vast majority in my opinion need to go, spoony, hanlon are all i can think of, of late to worthy a place in the first team. all about opinions though

nortonhibby
22-01-2011, 07:12 PM
So we get rid of CC, on the back of Hughes, following Mixu and that after JC had left. What kind of picture would that paint to any decent candidate who might even consider coming to us?

Supporters need to come to terms with the fact the CC will be here for the rest of this season - at least - and get behind him instead of this constant futile sniping.

How long a contract did CC Get ? is he not on a 3 and a half year contract ? there is no way CC would walk away from that nice meaty contract would you ?

The board either pay up his contract and get rid off him which i cant see RP Doing or back him with hard cash to sign new players before the month ends.

Newhaven
22-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Do NOT resign CC.

Take no notice of some of the ridiculous shouts on here for you to walk away. It was exactly the same people that hounded out our last manager and the one before. These fans do nothing our than destabilise our club and are in a large part responsible for the state we find ourselves in today.

Yogi was hounded out during the opening of this season, you therefore inherited a team that you are currently trying to change. Unfortunately a section of our fans expected you to bring your wand, and turn Miller into Fabregas, Riordan into Tevez and Nish into Messi and the rest of them in to run of the mill galacticos.

You would think we had been on an extensive winning run before you came along, the fans obviously want you to restore the team to the glory days of 2010 Feb-Sep.

Mr Nish pinpointed the extent of a fans knowledge of the game, and this site is more often than not a reflection of that.

We are never, and I mean never, in my opinion going to go anywhere as a club with the constant - lets look and see if the next manager is better, lets get rid of this player and see if the next one is better. Each time we think about doing the hibs.net experience we lose three points, or a month looking for a new manager, and then 2 months while he finds his feet, over and above that we end up with a squad of players that represent 3 picks from each manager and alas the situation that Hibernian FC finds itself in today.

Can you remind me what glory days they were please?

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2011, 07:19 PM
You put your right back in

your right back out

in out in out you change them all about

You canny make your mind up if its thicot or hart

and Its the same all over the park hey

oh hokey cokey cokey

Ernie Cobra
22-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Do NOT resign CC.

Yep, and we all know what a footballing brain he has, read the game well, never gets caught offside..........he spends more time on his rear end than ****in ironside!

Albion Hibs
22-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Can you remind me what glory days they were please?

I dont think I need to inform of dates, perhaps just direct you to the definition of sarcasm.

Danderhall Hibs
22-01-2011, 07:22 PM

your right back out

oh hokey cokey cokey

It looks like he'd rather pick neither of them. He's probably in a place where he thinks I'll play Hart again, he can't be as bad as he was last time. Then goes, yip he can.

So many poor players down at ER it's incredibe.

matty_f
22-01-2011, 07:24 PM

your right back out

oh hokey cokey cokey

:tee hee:

It's just a shame none of the players he's playing in pretty much any position at the moment is doing enough to stake a claim for the position. It's like you could describe almost any player as the weak link of the team.

IMHO, CC needs to just pick the ones he thinks will give him enough more often than not, and give them the jerseys on a consistent basis until he can replace them.

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2011, 07:24 PM
We are 2-0 down away, its half time. You give the team talk, tell the team its not good enough, but we can get this back. And then tell Nish to get stripped yer going on. Now thats funny.

Albion Hibs
22-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Yep, and we all know what a footballing brain he has, read the game well, never gets caught offside..........he spends more time on his rear end than ****in ironside!

And regardless of the above he will know far more about the game than any one here, therefore probably a reasonable knowledge of who has any real knowledge of the sport.

For the record I have always stated he was generous with 95%, spend an evening reading the stuff on here and you would be forgiven for putting it up by a few %.

Judas Iscariot

your right back out

oh hokey cokey cokey

:faf:

Pity you left out the bit about him playing Smith, the ****ing useless liability..

easty
dont deny that at all, but as thier manager he has to take action against them, no?

i would say the vast majority in my opinion need to go, spoony, hanlon are all i can think of, of late to worthy a place in the first team. all about opinions though

What kind of action do you mean? He's dropped plenty of them and changed the team about. He can't sack them. He can't give them away if nobody wants to take them. He can't bring in a team of replacements because we can't afford to have 7-8 more players on the books unless we get rid of the ones we have. The total cost of paying up thier contracts is going to be far too high.

The players who are running down contracts before they, inevitably, leave in the summer are as good as untouchable just now. What can CC, or anyone for that matter, do? Have you ever handed your notice in at work and then spent your last 4 weeks doing nowt, cos it simply doesn't make any difference to you? I know I have. If I had been in a department where almost all the rest of the staff were leaving and thinking the same as me then my manager would have been in trouble as well I suppose.

ballengeich
22-01-2011, 07:27 PM

Nish played well today. He moved into space to receive passes and kept the ball well when it was played to him on the ground then passed it on to teammates. He also made several good defensive headers when he dropped back against set pieces. His effort is an argument against those who think that players who've been advised to move on haven't the professional pride to make an effort.

nortonhibby
22-01-2011, 07:28 PM
It looks like he'd rather pick neither of them. He's probably in a place where he thinks I'll play Hart again, he can't be as bad as he was last time. Then goes, yip he can.

So many poor players down at ER it's incredibe.

As long as we are up for the games after the split we will be fine it is all about survival then empty all the dead wood and focus on next season the games against Hamilton and St Mirren after the split will be key for us if we win these games which i think we will we are fine:flag:

ronaldo7
22-01-2011, 07:34 PM

your right back out

oh hokey cokey cokey

No half price drinks at the club tonight?:greengrin

Ernie Cobra
22-01-2011, 07:36 PM
What kind of action do you mean? He's dropped plenty of them and changed the team about. He can't sack them. He can't give them away if nobody wants to take them. He can't bring in a team of replacements because we can't afford to have 7-8 more players on the books unless we get rid of the ones we have. The total cost of paying up thier contracts is going to be far too high.

The players who are running down contracts before they, inevitably, leave in the summer are as good as untouchable just now. What can CC, or anyone for that matter, do? Have you ever handed your notice in at work and then spent your last 4 weeks doing nowt, cos it simply doesn't make any difference to you? I know I have. If I had been in a department where almost all the rest of the staff were leaving and thinking the same as me then my manager would have been in trouble as well I suppose.

Emmmmmmm. not play them??? or am i missing something? If they follow your train of thought and they are in cant be arsed mode should they be playing for the team, underperforming and being allowed to. Or has the manager tried to put them in the shop window to move them on at the expense of the paying fan like you and me to suffer thier inadequte performances?

zero-seven
22-01-2011, 07:44 PM
1 he put smith in goals

howzat

agree

we need goals to win games..so he puts our only real goal threat on the bench ..i admit he is out of form, but who isnt in the current squad ? and he can score from free kicks, at least he is a threat..no one else is.

cant get my head around this ..unless it was tactical to try and get a draw !!!

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2011, 07:45 PM
No half price drinks at the club tonight?:greengrin

Hi pal, have to be quick, just on my way out on the lash. :thumbsup: Spoke to Craig this morning, he pm'd me, i gave him some useful information about watching footy.

When is he back home, you must be missing him?:greengrin

Leith Hibee
22-01-2011, 07:53 PM
In my opinion he is making mistakes on a regular occurance.

He has recently dropped Brown......
Nobody on here would agree that brown should have been dropped as i would say that he is the only player with pass marks in recent weeks. His kicking is horrific mind you but as far as saves he has made he cannot be faulted.

He up until today has continued to play Hart......
A total liability. With no pace or final ball. Every team so far has chosen him as our weakness and played on him for 90 minutes.

He has played 3-5-1 on a number of occasions with no target man.....
This would be okay if we are trying to scrape games like we should be at the moment. But until now he has been playing with Riordan up front. Its no surprise that nothing sticks up front and we are under pressure constantly.

He allows Degraff to slip into the side and games unnoticed.....
I will give him his due he always seems to be active but im not sure i can ever remember him winning a header or offering himself for balls from throw-ins etc. If you actually just watch him, all runs he makes are behind an opposition player and never actually gets into an area to recieve a ball. It reminds me of bairns football where there were always one or two who hid through a game.

He has continued to set up as a defensive team....
Although we are midgets in comparison to other teams and can only really try to play attacking football like we did under hughes. Calderwood in his early interviews wanted to sort out the defense leaking easy goals from set-pieces etc and talked a good game at how he was helping the defenders with this. I still see no improvement in that area? Does anyone else?

He is making wholesale changes now which are not working and nobody seems to know what each other are doing. There is no answer to sort out this problem out overnight.

However i feel that he has proven that he cannot make this work and with the way we are playing football under him i cannot se it improving once he gets his own players into the team. Fans were dissapointed at how often the ball was in the air under mixus team, and i would wager that the ball is in the air far more under Calderwood than it was then.

There is nothing that i have seen to make me believe that letting him continue will be in our best interests. I fear that if we let him make his own signings that we will end up with a couple of big guys up front and continue to play route 1 football. We might end up with a team that cannot play football that may take even longer to overhaul than the current squad.

I dont blame Calderwood altogether though as i reckon the board should have been able to see this coming. The styles of Calderwood and Hughes are totally opposite to each other and i dont think that this has been taken into consideration.

I reckon the board need to stick their hands up and admit that they have got this appointment wrong and replace him with someone who is more suited to working with a footballing side like ours and a little more knowledge of Scottish football in order to avoid the drop.

Bad Martini
22-01-2011, 07:56 PM
And regardless of the above he will know far more about the game than any one here, therefore probably a reasonable knowledge of who has any real knowledge of the sport.

For the record I have always stated he was generous with 95%, spend an evening reading the stuff on here and you would be forgiven for putting it up by a few %.

Ahhh big Nish...our saviour. Signed by Hibs on 31/01/08 and since then has blinded us all with the 25 goals he's scored, being the top class striker he is.

His opinion on our footballing knowledge is somewhat discredited when we consider the time he's spent on his arse versus the time he's spent actually scoring, the primary function and "use for being here".

Regards the knowledge of the game and Hibs, I defy you tell me who knows more about this club, the ins and outs of the way we play and what works and doesn't ALL OVER the park, than us, the fans. Do you think the players go home and studiously check all their **** ups on the telly? On the Internet? Anywhere? Football more generally, it's not complicated. I recall seeing Kenny Dalglish recently accosted for being "out of the game" for so long. He's forgotten more about football than some people will know but his point was valid in that he watches more football in person and on TV than most premiership managers...and that wasn't his job at the time. I suggest, any REAL fitba fan, such as many of us on this site, will have an equal and/or better footballing knowledge (give or take some folk) than Mr Nish will and a good deal of others who are supposedly "professionals". Professional football players dont get their ***** kicked over THREE hours by a part time outfit from Ayr. For starters...

If so, do you not think they'd be far sharper and smarter to their weaknesses???

Nope. Some of them cannot be arsed. And a striker who scores 25 goals over 2 1/2 seasons is hardly anyone to lecture about how football works. Some time learning how to bag a ****ing goal for Mr Nish would be a start.

Err, ENDOF

easty
22-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Emmmmmmm. not play them??? or am i missing something? If they follow your train of thought and they are in cant be arsed mode should they be playing for the team, underperforming and being allowed to. Or has the manager tried to put them in the shop window to move them on at the expense of the paying fan like you and me to suffer thier inadequte performances?

We don't have the squad available to leave them all out though so that it's not an option in this case...unless you'd play the youth team in their place?

CC is sticking with them because they are all he's got.

Ernie Cobra
22-01-2011, 08:04 PM
We don't have the squad available to leave them all out though so that it's not an option in this case...unless you'd play the youth team in their place?

that is my thoughts on it easty.....get the youg lads in, we are less likely to go down because they will fight for the jersey more than this shower of ****. Have to be a better option, stevens Byrne, hanlon, spoony, etc etc etc

ronaldo7
22-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Hi pal, have to be quick, just on my way out on the lash. :thumbsup: Spoke to Craig this morning, he pm'd me, i gave him some useful information about watching footy.When is he back home, you must be missing him?:greengrin

It would be All Bad

The Hibs are missing him.:greengrin

Albion Hibs
22-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Ahhh big Nish...our saviour. Signed by Hibs on 31/01/08 and since then has blinded us all with the 25 goals he's scored, being the top class striker he is.

His opinion on our footballing knowledge is somewhat discredited when we consider the time he's spent on his arse versus the time he's spent actually scoring, the primary function and "use for being here".

Regards the knowledge of the game and Hibs, I defy you tell me who knows more about this club, the ins and outs of the way we play and what works and doesn't ALL OVER the park, than us, the fans. Do you think the players go home and studiously check all their **** ups on the telly? On the Internet? Anywhere? Football more generally, it's not complicated. I recall seeing Kenny Dalglish recently accosted for being "out of the game" for so long. He's forgotten more about football than some people will know but his point was valid in that he watches more football in person and on TV than most premiership managers...and that wasn't his job at the time. I suggest, any REAL fitba fan, such as many of us on this site, will have an equal and/or better footballing knowledge (give or take some folk) than Mr Nish will and a good deal of others who are supposedly "professionals". Professional football players dont get their ***** kicked over THREE hours by a part time outfit from Ayr. For starters...

If so, do you not think they'd be far sharper and smarter to their weaknesses???

Nope. Some of them cannot be arsed. And a striker who scores 25 goals over 2 1/2 seasons is hardly anyone to lecture about how football works. Some time learning how to bag a ****ing goal for Mr Nish would be a start.

Err, ENDOF

Oh my god, are you actually playing the stato card?

Your below statement is perhaps one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read...in my life...actually no, it is the most ridiculous.

"Regards the knowledge of the game and Hibs, I defy you tell me who knows more about this club, the ins and outs of the way we play and what works and doesn't ALL OVER the park, than us, the fans"

The bit in bold is my favourite. Somewhat of a football strategist are you? Spend a lot of todays games analysing and taking notes did you? Going to watch through and analyse the whole thing later?

The fact that you have said you know more about how we play and what works, over and above a professional footballer, a full time coaching staff and a manager that has played at the highest level, is IMO, nothing short of embarrassing for you.

I will take back all of the above if you reveal that you are Arsene Wenger, otherwise, you are simply another one of all of us - a football fan that thinks they know everything and actually knows......

I have decided not to comment on your comparison to you and Kenny Dalgleish watching telly....that is really embarrassing, I honestly, honestly hope your post is just a joke.

easty
22-01-2011, 08:13 PM
that is my thoughts on it easty.....get the youg lads in, we are less likely to go down because they will fight for the jersey more than this shower of ****. Have to be a better option, stevens Byrne, hanlon, spoony, etc etc etc

Who are the etc's though? I don't know enough, in fact I don't know anything, about the young lads at Easter Road who haven't been involved in the first team. The coaches and the manager have seen them though and not deemed them ready/good enough for the first team.

It could go two ways, one being you're correct and they'll fight for the jersey and get us the results straight away. Two, we continue to lose games having brought in young players who aren't ready, who haven't been prepared for first team football and have now ruined their confidence to an extent where they never make it. How long would it take before sections of our support were picking out individuals for abuse? A new Hogg/Rankin/Nish would be found to abuse, and that'd be really unfair I think.

I wouldn't subject our youngsters to it, I don't think it'd go well.

Bad Martini
22-01-2011, 08:25 PM

If by "playing the stato card" you are suggesting that the use of statistics as a means to illustrate a point based on facts/stats (or in this case wins/loses/draws) as opposed to "just because" as the basis of the argument then yes, I have indeed been "playing the stato card".

Your below statement is perhaps one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read...in my life...actually no, it is the most ridiculous.

I aim to please....:agree:

"Regards the knowledge of the game and Hibs, I defy you tell me who knows more about this club, the ins and outs of the way we play and what works and doesn't ALL OVER the park, than us, the fans"

The bit in bold is my favourite. Somewhat of a football strategist are you? Spend a lot of todays games analysing and taking notes did you? Going to watch through and analyse the whole thing later?

So, my point being (which you clearly missed, hence I'll spell it out for you so there can be absolutely no misunderstanding) the club, and the knowledge of the club and what's going on all over the pitch, is probably analysed, discussed, investigated and such like more by fans than anyone else.

People spend an unhealthy amount of time digging out "stats" and such like on how many times x player has crossed a ball, screwed up a throw in, assists etc. THIS, and it's clear that WAS what I was referring to as opposed to the nonsensical theatrical statistical guru image you attempt to paint.

So no, I don't take notes, geekily and studiously to analyse later on. I do watch Hibs like the rest of the people round here and probably over analyse everything, like most people here. It's what we do...

The fact that you have said you know more about how we play and what works, over and above a professional football, a full time coaching staff and a manager that has played at the highest level, is IMO, nothing short of embarrassing for you.

I was referring to Nish. And yes, I reckon some of us know how this club ticks more than Mr Nish does. Perhaps he can enlighten us as to where his 95% of fans figure comes from? Or is that the population of fans who (unkindly and I feel, unjustifiably) slated him whilst he plays and cheered when he went off. I didn't agree with that but I understand why (some) of our fans done it.

Did I suggest footballing coaches, managers etc were below "us" as fans or me? Nope. Your attempt to pull it out of context and suggest this is frankly silly and childish...however, we all get our kicks in different ways.

I will take back all of the above if you reveal that you are Arsene Wenger, otherwise, you are simply another one of all of us - a football fan that thinks they know everything and actually knows......

I am indeed a football fan. I don't think I know more than I know and I don't know everything. That said, I didn't come out in the press and suggest "95% of the fans" knew nothing about football. Colin Nish did. This was my point. A simple point too, I rather feel.

I have decided not to comment on your comparison to you and Kenny Dalgleish watching telly....that is really embarrassing, I honestly, honestly hope your post is just a joke.

Actually, it wasn't a joke at all and it's the SAME point, I was covering. The point was simply one does not need to be "in the game" to know the game. One does not need to be a "professional" to know what football is and how it works.

Obviously inner workings of transfers, finances etc - that's something none of us know about but that was not what I was covering and that was clear.

Finally, who's this "Dalgleish" you speak of? I was talking about Kenny Dalglish, of Scotland and Liverpool, all round top scorer of goals and a bloody nice man to boot (and he could play).

I thank you.:cool2:

Ernie Cobra
22-01-2011, 08:31 PM

The fact that you have said you know more about how we play and what works, over and above a professional footballer, a full time coaching staff and a manager that has played at the highest level, is IMO, nothing short of embarrassing for you.

I would consider myself and most other people i know to be fairly well educated on most things football, as i have spent my life watching and playing the game. So in real terms no different to the vast majority of fans, players and managers out there. I dont have any coaching badges though so by your reckoning that makes me unable to comment on football. :rolleyes: I see you found yourself "qualified" to pass comment in your previous post though.

You whole post is downright ridiculous, then again if you are happy with current performances, tactics, team selections then i bow to your superior knowledge, but please tell us where the rest of us are going wrong

nortonhibby
22-01-2011, 08:39 PM

Lay of CC Its not his fault he was left a load of garbage players.:flag:

tooley
22-01-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm starting to think the club as a whole needs a complete overhaul... and Tom Farmer needs to put up or sell up now...its about time.

Newhaven
22-01-2011, 09:24 PM
I dont think I need to inform of dates, perhaps just direct you to the definition of sarcasm.

:aok:

Newhaven
22-01-2011, 09:26 PM
I would consider myself and most other people i know to be fairly well educated on most things football, as i have spent my life watching and playing the game. So in real terms no different to the vast majority of fans, players and managers out there. I dont have any coaching badges though so by your reckoning that makes me unable to comment on football. :rolleyes: I see you found yourself "qualified" to pass comment in your previous post though.

You whole post is downright ridiculous, then again if you are happy with current performances, tactics, team selections then i bow to your superior knowledge, but please tell us where the rest of us are going wrong

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 09:37 PM

Nobody on here would agree that brown should have been dropped as i would say that he is the only player with pass marks in recent weeks. His kicking is horrific mind you but as far as saves he has made he cannot be faulted.

A total liability. With no pace or final ball. Every team so far has chosen him as our weakness and played on him for 90 minutes.

This would be okay if we are trying to scrape games like we should be at the moment. But until now he has been playing with Riordan up front. Its no surprise that nothing sticks up front and we are under pressure constantly.

I will give him his due he always seems to be active but im not sure i can ever remember him winning a header or offering himself for balls from throw-ins etc. If you actually just watch him, all runs he makes are behind an opposition player and never actually gets into an area to recieve a ball. It reminds me of bairns football where there were always one or two who hid through a game.

Although we are midgets in comparison to other teams and can only really try to play attacking football like we did under hughes. Calderwood in his early interviews wanted to sort out the defense leaking easy goals from set-pieces etc and talked a good game at how he was helping the defenders with this. I still see no improvement in that area? Does anyone else?

He is making wholesale changes now which are not working and nobody seems to know what each other are doing. There is no answer to sort out this problem out overnight.

However i feel that he has proven that he cannot make this work and with the way we are playing football under him i cannot se it improving once he gets his own players into the team. Fans were dissapointed at how often the ball was in the air under mixus team, and i would wager that the ball is in the air far more under Calderwood than it was then.

There is nothing that i have seen to make me believe that letting him continue will be in our best interests. I fear that if we let him make his own signings that we will end up with a couple of big guys up front and continue to play route 1 football. We might end up with a team that cannot play football that may take even longer to overhaul than the current squad.

I dont blame Calderwood altogether though as i reckon the board should have been able to see this coming. The styles of Calderwood and Hughes are totally opposite to each other and i dont think that this has been taken into consideration.

I reckon the board need to stick their hands up and admit that they have got this appointment wrong and replace him with someone who is more suited to working with a footballing side like ours and a little more knowledge of Scottish football in order to avoid the drop.

Nail on the head

Newhaven
22-01-2011, 09:40 PM

Good post.

tamig
22-01-2011, 09:55 PM

What a load of pish.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 09:57 PM
What a load of pish.

Well thought out informative reply

nortonhibby
22-01-2011, 10:01 PM
[QUOTE=tooley;2705017]:agree:[/QUOT

you got a buyer in mind ?:confused:

Albion Hibs
22-01-2011, 10:10 PM

I really hope you are not joining in on this I know as much about football as Mr Wenger. If your justification is that you have watched and played, then each professional has done that day in day out at a level above you, some of them significantly far above you. You acknowledge that you do not have coaching badges, a prerequisite as proof of ability to manage at the top level.

I have not said anywhere that I have a superior knowledge, but for someone to claim they understand a game as much as a professional footballer / manager is embarrassing. Furthermore they justified this by using KD as an example, stating he has been out of the game but watching TV / games throughout has kept him in the know, and then forgetting the fact they guy has had a circa 30 year/career and experience in football (not watching) he has had in the game.

I do not know as much about football, tactics, players, styles as any professional footballer or manager, and would not embarrass myself by saying I did. I can like others have an opinion, but my opinion would not be that I know more about the game than they do.

PS I like you have spent my life watching and playing the game, but I also have sky + and a subscription to sky sports, does that mean i know more than you!

Dirkster23
22-01-2011, 10:17 PM

Nae wonder we're struggling :greengrin

Ernie Cobra
22-01-2011, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=Albion Hibs;2705183]I really hope you are not joining in on this I know as much about football as Mr Wenger. If your justification is that you have watched and played, then each professional has done that day in day out at a level above you, some of them significantly far above you. You acknowledge that you do not have coaching badges, a prerequisite as proof of ability to manage at the top level.

I have not said anywhere that I have a superior knowledge, but for someone to claim they understand a game as much as a professional footballer / manager is embarrassing. Furthermore they justified this by using KD as an example, stating he has been out of the game but watching TV / games throughout has kept him in the know, and then forgetting the fact they guy has had a circa 30 year/career and experience in football (not watching) he has had in the game.

I do not know as much about football, tactics, players, styles as any professional footballer or manager, and would not embarrass myself by saying I did. I can like others have an opinion, but my opinion would not be that I know more about the game than they do.

well you see old bean, football is about decisions and knowledge that brings you to make them, thus distinguishing a good manager from bad, BADGES OR NO BADGES these calls are often heard from the "common pleb" in the stand, who having watched the game for the majority of thier childhood and adult lives would have a fairly well rounded understanding of footballing matters. There are so many comparisons i could make to dismantle your poorly constructed argument i have decided to leave well alone, and leave you to your own devices.

PS I like you have spent my life watching and playing the game, but I also have sky + and a subscription to sky sports, that means i know more than you! I fixed that for you, as you clearly have no faith in your own abilities.

Dirkster23
22-01-2011, 10:29 PM

However, you did forget to add the fact that the only signing he has made is INJURED and from his previous managerial post..

When Hughes signed players from his last managerial post or had manage them before, folk on here were up in arms!!

Double standards..

Is he? has he failed his medical?

Albion Hibs
22-01-2011, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE=Albion Hibs;2705183]I really hope you are not joining in on this I know as much about football as Mr Wenger. If your justification is that you have watched and played, then each professional has done that day in day out at a level above you, some of them significantly far above you. You acknowledge that you do not have coaching badges, a prerequisite as proof of ability to manage at the top level.

well you see old bean, football is about decisions and knowledge that brings you to make them, thus distinguishing a good manager from bad, BADGES OR NO BADGES these calls are often heard from the "common pleb" in the stand, who having watched the game for the majority of thier childhood and adult lives would have a fairly well rounded understanding of footballing matters. There are so many comparisons i could make to dismantle your poorly constructed argument i have decided to leave well alone, and leave you to your own devices.

PS I like you have spent my life watching and playing the game, but I also have sky + and a subscription to sky sports, that means i know more than you! I fixed that for you, as you clearly have no faith in your own abilities.

I thought this web site could not get any worse, a load of folk thinking they know everything about football....this has grown to some actual sure they do.

My argument is poorly constructed, yet yours is based on watching football for all of your years, the effectively creating the sound football knowledge, equal to or greater than a professional footballer or manager. This is a get real moment for me!

If you really do believe the above, then I would urge you/along with perhaps a couple of "common plebs" to apply for the next vacant managers job, Man City lost today this may help them to make their decision on the future of their current manager, why dont you put your CV in and see how it goes.....I would love to be there for the opening of that envelope!

Ernie Cobra
22-01-2011, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE=Ernie Cobra;2705216]

I thought this web site could not get any worse, a load of folk thinking they know everything about football....this has grown to some actual sure they do.

My argument is poorly constructed, yet yours is based on watching football for all of your years, the effectively creating the sound football knowledge, equal to or greater than a professional footballer or manager. This is a get real moment for me!

If you really do believe the above, then I would urge you/along with perhaps a couple of "common plebs" to apply for the next vacant managers job, Man City lost today this may help them to make their decision on the future of their current manager, why dont you put your CV in and see how it goes.....I would love to be there for the opening of that envelope!

:rolleyes::0::idiot:

I dont know one hibs fan that couldn't have picked a better line up / formation/team selection than Yogi or mixu. But then thats only my opinion.....

NO!! its mine and every other Hibs fan in the land.

Anyway, if i wanted to go round in circles with bams, i would get on a hearts supporters bus at a roundabout!

Bad Martini
22-01-2011, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=Albion Hibs;2705232]

I dont know one hibs fan that couldn't have picked a better line up / formation/team selection than Yogi or mixu. But then thats only my opinion.....

Anyway, if i wanted to go round in circles with bams, i would get on a hearts supporters bus at a roundabout!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Quality biscuits sir. Rinto tinto braw radgeness, and fine pelters in bold :aok:

reservoir hibee
22-01-2011, 11:08 PM
Agreed 100%.

Were not in a disimilar position to the hodgson and lfc saga.

The same shower of imposters who turned over chelsea were turned over by teams like wolves earlier this season.

The shower of imposters we have seemed capable against the huns and most of them put in some good games last season.

You have 2 options in these situations;
1) empty them all as they are well paid and that alone if nothing else should motivate them
OR
2) get the right person to get the most out of them....

If it were up to me, id go for option 1. However Kenny Dalglish at LFC appears to be proving quite clearly within less than 2 weeks the premierships laziest lethargic imposters can in fact play and play well.

At the same time he's united the fans, owners, team and everyone else at the club. He's also been afforded respect because he does not need to PROVE himself to anyone. Why didn't we appoint someone proven who could also get the job done?

Answer...it costs money and requires some brains to put in the right man. As per above example, they're now selling kenny merch all over and making a mint so it can be a money spinner too...

only problem with that is who would be our version of kenny dalglish??

experienced
iconic
respected
hibs man?

hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm

:confused:

Bad Martini
22-01-2011, 11:11 PM
only problem with that is who would be our version of kenny dalglish??

experienced
iconic
respected
hibs man?

hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm

Ah ken. that's why I said, on another thread, we're ****ed :greengrin

(Didnae say I liked it however, merely that we are, rather ****ed) :agree:

That said, if we could perhaps find someone worthy of universal respect, a non-Hibby who has done well and isn't a hun or yam (as that wont work in the respect stakes), then we'd be in with a chance.

Orrrrrrrrrrrr, Calderwood can buck the trend of the last 15 games and get motivation, team talk, formation, tactics, team selection and everything else spot on :devil:

reservoir hibee
22-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Ah ken. that's why I said, on another thread, we're ****ed :greengrin

(Didnae say I liked it however, merely that we are, rather ****ed) :agree:

That said, if we could perhaps find someone worthy of universal respect, a non-Hibby who has done well and isn't a hun or yam (as that wont work in the respect stakes), then we'd be in with a chance.

Orrrrrrrrrrrr, Calderwood can buck the trend of the last 15 games and get motivation, team talk, formation, tactics, team selection and everything else spot on :devil:

:not worth:flag:

lets hope so

but revisiting who would be our "knight in green and white armour"

alex miller- no
gordon strachan - would not come to us
franck sauzee - wishfull thinking
collins, hughes and mixu - allready tried
ray wilkins??? hmmm he did play for us :wink: that would be a shout actualy!!!
anyways not going to happen so moving on through the list
michael o'neil...- i know nothing about what he has done and he was not quite al egend anyway i remember him giving the east terracing the finger just before he left
steve archibald?? - not done anythign as a manager has he ( i am willing to be corrected)

so outside of hibs who is there??

that would come to us and galvanise the CLUB??

i know a guy??

ex scotland interenational who has played in the world cup premiership and had managerial experience down south got teams promoted (which might come in handy for next year??:devil:) and worked with premiership clubs

what about colin calderwood???

alternatives being????

gary macallister?
the one guy i would like to get involved and actually have a say in how THE CLUB is run is wee pat nevin

apart from that.........yep im out??

george graham- never gonna happen
and that sums it up

clutching at straws

lord bunberry
22-01-2011, 11:55 PM
You no a fan then?:greengrin
no he is a fan dont be so insulting

Beefster
23-01-2011, 06:28 AM
[QUOTE=Albion Hibs;2705232]

Calderwood's tried just about every line-up available to him and formation is irrelevant with the players we have.

How would you persuade that bunch to jump for a header, put a tackle in, pass to a team-mate and then motivate them, get their confidence up etc?

Ernie Cobra
23-01-2011, 07:14 AM
[QUOTE=Ernie Cobra;2705259]

Calderwood's tried just about every line-up available to him and formation is irrelevant with the players we have.

How would you persuade that bunch to jump for a header, put a tackle in, pass to a team-mate and then motivate them, get their confidence up etc?

i didnt mention calderwood in that post, he probably is in a worse situation than the previous 2 managers, however as i have mentioned, dropping players like miller, nish , smith, rankin, who contribute nothing in games would be a start, dare i even mention deeks and murray.......naw shurely shome mishtake mish moneypenny.

before i get too much grief from the "nothing to see here brigade"

riordan - is well of form and would probably be better having a little spell on the sidelines
Murray - i loved ian as a player, he has a bit of dig that we sorely need, but his legs have gone
Miller - Lots of ability, but he hides all the time and just looks as if he cant be bothered, has the hallmarks of a "where did it all go wrong player" time for him to go to accrington stanley
Smith - Should have been taken out and shot after motherwell 6-6
Nish and Rankin - well they tell their own story

Gettin' Auld
23-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Is that you Sir Tom?

:greengrin

The Falcon
23-01-2011, 08:57 AM

Double standards..

So you think Thornhill is NOT a good signing?

skipster7
23-01-2011, 08:59 AM

:agree:if we still cant get a decent target in nearing the end of the window are people just wanting us to waste a wage on a trakys type just so its another body in.thats the kind of baws thats got got us in this mess.
Its got to be sombody imo with even a wee bit hunger, drive, can also play a bit,probably take a wage drop, avaliable AND wants to play for Hibs in the SPL otherwise its a waste of a wage.im sure such players are desperatly getting in line to speak to CC.This first guy looks promising and we'll be doing well to get another 2 in who meet the above conditions:rolleyes:

The Falcon
23-01-2011, 09:02 AM
[QUOTE=tooley;2705017]:agree:[/QUOT

you got a buyer in mind ?:confused:

The never do.....:rolleyes:

The Falcon
23-01-2011, 09:04 AM
[QUOTE=Ernie Cobra;2705216]

If he does so will I. I won the Champions League on FM10!

Pedantic_Hibee
23-01-2011, 09:09 AM
We cannot sack Calderwood or let him resign, it's far too late to get someone in before the end of the window and without new signings, this squad will take us down.

We've got one option, and as much of a risk as it may be, the Board have got to back the manager beyond the limit of their resources NOW. Failure, i.e relegation is not an option.

None of this 'let's waste valuable time and get Adam Rooney roond the training centre for some tea and crumpets and have a wee chat about him possibly joining us at the end of the season'. F*** that, get him round to East Mains and dinnae let him oot until he's signed to play immediately.

After that bring in Imrie, Mensing and a central defender who's got GBH convictions longer than my cock (3 inches). I don't give two flying f***s about flair football, I want to see 10 outfield players in green absolutely flying into challenges, chasing in packs and forcing the ball over the goal line through sheer brute force.

The time for action is now, ask the manager who he desperately wants and provided they're not injured long term, pay what it takes to get them. Now.

lucky
23-01-2011, 09:14 AM
Hibs are clearly struggling to bring in players. It sums up Hibs/SPL when a reserve player at Nottingham Forrest is not keen on coming even though he is injured. The money in the SPL outside OF and Yams is league 1 standard. Most English players/fans see the SPL as a backwater. That been said CC has failed to improve Hibs since he has taken over. I would get rid of him and bring Jimmy Calderwood in until the end of the season.

John_the_angus_hibby
23-01-2011, 09:15 AM

I keep seeing this. Surely if they've been released they would no longer be at the club??? Are there any quotes relating to McBride et al being told they are no longer part of long term plans? Even if so, and it's fairer to tell them before the final day of there contract surely so they can find new clubs, it does not mean you stop asking them to do the job they are still bring paid well for???

The Falcon
23-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Hibs are clearly struggling to bring in players. It sums up Hibs/SPL when a reserve player at Nottingham Forrest is not keen on coming even though he is injured. The money in the SPL outside OF and Yams is league 1 standard. Most English players/fans see the SPL as a backwater. That been said CC has failed to improve Hibs since he has taken over. I would get rid of him and bring Jimmy Calderwood in until the end of the season.

Did Motherwell not get outbid recently by a non-league team?

Also the players that have moved from the SPL to the English leagues have hardly been roaring successes. Middlesborough being the most recent example.

I would keep CC. Pointless changing manager at this time.

AFKA5814_Hibs
23-01-2011, 10:40 AM

In an ideal world we would sack most of the players on the books. Why is it that managers can get the sack due to bad results/performances but players cannot, they are obviously the route of the problem? :confused:

At the beginning of the month we should have ripped up their contracts and told them to GTF and got some fighters into the team. Fraser Wishart would have got his knickers in a twist about it, but f€ck the players union and f€ck the players, get some fighters in the team who would be delighted to wear the Hibs jersey. Given that we cannot beat a 2nd division part time side over two games, anybody from the 1st division would be an improvement on the current squad.

Emerald
23-01-2011, 12:07 PM
If CC stays, I think we will be relegated. Its my opinion but I dont think he has a clue. He is panicking and making the wrong decisions and is definately not getting a response from the players. We need a motivator to work with the players we have as I dont think there will be enough new faces in this transfer window to turn things around. We need someone like Terry Butcher to kick some asses and get them motivated. If anyone thinks CC will come good, I would love to know what they base their opinions on.

lucky
23-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Did Motherwell not get outbid recently by a non-league team?

Also the players that have moved from the SPL to the English leagues have hardly been roaring successes. Middlesborough being the most recent example.

I would keep CC. Pointless changing manager at this time.

I am assuming that Hibs pay better than motherwell. I agree a lot of Scots going south have struggled but we should be able to attract better players than we have just now. As for CC , his record as a manager at Hibs is shocking. As such with football the manager carries the can.

HibeeMG
23-01-2011, 01:45 PM
We cannot sack Calderwood or let him resign, it's far too late to get someone in before the end of the window and without new signings, this squad will take us down.

We've got one option, and as much of a risk as it may be, the Board have got to back the manager beyond the limit of their resources NOW. Failure, i.e relegation is not an option.

None of this 'let's waste valuable time and get Adam Rooney roond the training centre for some tea and crumpets and have a wee chat about him possibly joining us at the end of the season'. F*** that, get him round to East Mains and dinnae let him oot until he's signed to play immediately.

After that bring in Imrie, Mensing and a central defender who's got GBH convictions longer than my cock (3 inches). I don't give two flying f***s about flair football, I want to see 10 outfield players in green absolutely flying into challenges, chasing in packs and forcing the ball over the goal line through sheer brute force.

The time for action is now, ask the manager who he desperately wants and provided they're not injured long term, pay what it takes to get them. Now.

Absolutely spot on even though I do feel sorry for you! :wink:

One Day Soon
23-01-2011, 01:55 PM

Unbelievable. 3 inches? Really?

Pedantic_Hibee
23-01-2011, 02:17 PM
Unbelievable. 3 inches? Really?

Well a dinnae like to boast but..... :cool2:

The Falcon
23-01-2011, 02:46 PM
I am assuming that Hibs pay better than motherwell. I agree a lot of Scots going south have struggled but we should be able to attract better players than we have just now. As for CC , his record as a manager at Hibs is shocking. As such with football the manager carries the can.

What is the point of bulleting the current manager if you dont have any idea who you would bring in as a replacement 10 days before they have no opportunity to change the squad. And what would be the point of working on deals if a bew guy dosent fancy the players that you've signed. I dont believe we will be relegated but if we sach CC, or he resigns, I would change that view.

number9dream
23-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Craig Brown and Archie Knox inherited a squad bereft of confidence and in total disarray after a 9-0 loss and 5-0 thumping at Tynie.
Within days they restored discipline to the same defence, through basic coaching drills, I would guess.
The Dons have since made a few signings because Brown is well connected.

CC looks and sounds like a man on the edge of reason. The team is simply awful and the goals we are giving away are ludicrous.

Let him walk away and put Derek Adams in charge until the end of the season...

rj hibs
23-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Craig Brown and Archie Knox inherited a squad bereft of confidence and in total disarray after a 9-0 loss and 5-0 thumping at Tynie.
Within days they restored discipline to the same defence, through basic coaching drills, I would guess.

CC looks and sounds like a man on the edge of reason. The team is simply awful and the goals we are giving away are ludicrous.

What makes u think adams will be any different? He's here and hes clearly not had much of an impact on the team either.

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2011, 04:10 PM

Two completely different situations i am told, when i pointed out the same thing. :confused:

Beefster
23-01-2011, 04:11 PM

Every time someone uses the argument "Aye, well, Craig Brown improved Aberdeen", a kitten dies.

Won't someone think of the kittens?

http://www.pictures-of-kittens-and-cats.com/images/cute-kitten-pictures-015.jpg

ForeverHibs93
23-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Well a dinnae like to boast but..... :cool2:
:faf::top marks

Davy Mac
23-01-2011, 04:33 PM

Well said (apart from the cock bit - so speak for yirself:greengrin)

What is this Hibs way, havnae seen it in my lifetime apart from maybe Lataps, Sauzee etc.

HibeeMG
23-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Two completely different situations i am told, when i pointed out the same thing. :confused:

And like I said to you at the time Gary, how do you know that CC isn't doing the same things to turn the team around that Pa Broon has?

Maybe he is but isn't getting the same response because the players are either/and/or* *****e, can't be arsed because of the contract situation, thick, generally lazier.

*(delete as appropriate)

matty_f
23-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Every time someone uses the argument "Aye, well, Craig Brown improved Aberdeen", a kitten dies.

Won't someone think of the kittens?

http://www.pictures-of-kittens-and-cats.com/images/cute-kitten-pictures-015.jpg

:hilarious:

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2011, 05:32 PM
And like I said to you at the time Gary, how do you know that CC isn't doing the same things to turn the team around that Pa Broon has?

Maybe he is but isn't getting the same response because the players are either/and/or* *****e, can't be arsed because of the contract situation, thick, generally lazier.

*(delete as appropriate)

Or maybe its because he's no idea?
Aye we are a special case, we cant be a club that appoint a manager who everyone said had to be better and do better than Hughes, he was in fact the cause of our hopeless form.

To a man it was Hughes had no plan B, his tactics were pish, he couldn't motivate them, he wouldn't play Galbraith, his team selections were poor, and his tv and press interviews were a joke. 99% of folk to a man were saying we had the players, the manager was to blame.

No that argument has changed to the players are to blame. Its a pity the thread was deleted, i saw it yesterday on my mobile, something about will this team get 3rd place or something similar.

There was some cracking posts from some of Yogi's biggest critics saying exactly what i said above, now listening to them its the players. :faf::faf:

Judas Iscariot
23-01-2011, 05:42 PM

Player for player we have a better squad than Aberdeen..

Not a better management team though :rolleyes:

matty_f
23-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Aye we are a special case, we cant be a club that appoint a manager who everyone said had to be better and do better than Hughes, he was in fact the cause of our hopeless form.

To a man it was Hughes had no plan B, his tactics were pish, he couldn't motivate them, he wouldn't play Galbraith, his team selections were poor, and his tv and press interviews were a joke. 99% of folk to a man were saying we had the players, the manager was to blame.

No that argument has changed to the players are to blame. Its a pity the thread was deleted, i saw it yesterday on my mobile, something about will this team get 3rd place or something similar.

There was some cracking posts from some of Yogi's biggest critics saying exactly what i said above, now listening to them its the players. :faf::faf:
Think I have consistently said it was the players.:agree:

matty_f
23-01-2011, 05:44 PM

Player for player we have a better squad than Aberdeen..

Not a better management team though :rolleyes:

I don't think we are a better team player for player than Aberdeen, if I'm honest.

We have one or two better players, but the rest are either of similar ability or worse, IMHO. This can be backed up by the defeats Aberdeen dished up to us (even under McGhoo)..

HibeeMG
23-01-2011, 05:46 PM

But that's the point!

"Maybe" it IS because he has no idea. You don't know that though do you?

"Maybe" it's the common denominator between the two managers, the players, that are to blame.

We will only know if CC is a good enough Hibs manager when he has his own players at his disposal and not the *******ised side from Mixu and Yogi with their confidence shot and contracts running out.

It's only fair to the man!

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Think I have consistently said it was the players.:agree:

:agree: Me too, i think we have a real bad bunch, that successive managers have lumbered us with. Thank god most will be gone in the summer. Its just a shame we will probably lose the one or two players we should be trying to keep too.

greenlex
23-01-2011, 05:50 PM
I don't think we are a better team player for player than Aberdeen, if I'm honest.

We have one or two better players, but the rest are either of similar ability or worse, IMHO. This can be backed up by the defeats Aberdeen dished up to us (even under McGhoo)..
I would swap Millar for Hartley any day of the week.

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2011, 05:51 PM
But that's the point!

"Maybe" it IS because he has no idea. You don't know that though do you?

"Maybe" it's the common denominator between the two managers, the players, that are to blame.

We will only know if CC is a good enough Hibs manager when he has his own players at his disposal and not the *******ised side from Mixu and Yogi with their confidence shot and contracts running out.

It's only fair to the man!

This is where we disagree, we should be seeing some sort of improvement, imo there's been none. Going by what you say, we will have to wait a while until we see CC replace all 11 players, as apparently we now have a manager who can only manage his players, but not anyone else's?

ehf
23-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Calderwood clearly hasn't got a clue. We are heading for oblivion unless Petrie/STF take drastic action now; sack him and get Terry Butcher in, regardless of the cost.

marinello59
23-01-2011, 05:55 PM

This is where I do agree with you BH. Post after post on here blasting Yogi for not getting more out of the ''best squad apart from the Old Firm.'' Where has everybody gone who believed that?
As an American Presidential hopeful once said, ''It's the players stupid!''

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2011, 05:57 PM
This is where I do agree with you BH. Post after post on here blasting Yogi for not getting more out of the ''best squad apart from the Old Firm.'' Where has everybody gone who believed that?
As an American Presidential hopeful once said, ''It's the players stupid!''

They are still here, but have changed their mind now to the players.

HibeeMG
23-01-2011, 06:02 PM
This is where we disagree, we should be seeing some sort of improvement, imo there's been none. Going by what you say, we will have to wait a while until we see CC replace all 11 players, as apparently we now have a manager who can only manage his players, but not anyone else's?

I'm not necessarily saying that CC is a good manager. It's not been a good start for him in that regards.

I'm just saying that I stand by my point that The Aberdeen Situation and ours aren't exactly the same.

The difference could be, like you say, the standard of manager but it could also be the players. I'm thinking it's the latter.

I don't think we need to wait until CC has brought in a completely new team to be able to properly judge him. On the other hand I don't think it's fair to judge him after he's brought in one player who's not played yet!

Opinions, eh?!

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm not necessarily saying that CC is a good manager. It's not been a good start for him in that regards.

I'm just saying that I stand by my point that The Aberdeen Situation and ours aren't exactly the same.

The difference could be, like you say, the standard of manager but it could also be the players. I'm thinking it's the latter.

I don't think we need to wait until CC has brought in a completely new team to be able to properly judge him. On the other hand I don't think it's fair to judge him after he's brought in one player who's not played yet!

Opinions, eh?!

We are not that far apart in our opinions mate, i see exactly what you are saying, i just think CC should be doing better than he has done. And has not helped himself with the constant changing of the team, or dropping the keeper, or playing 1 up from and that 1 being Riordan. The list goes on and on. He needs to do better now, not when we sign more players.

HibeeMG
23-01-2011, 06:18 PM
We are not that far apart in our opinions mate, i see exactly what you are saying, i just think CC should be doing better than he has done. And has not helped himself with the constant changing of the team, or dropping the keeper, or playing 1 up from and that 1 being Riordan. The list goes on and on. He needs to do better now, not when we sign more players.

It's a fair point well made.

I'm waiting to see who we bring in this week. If there's no activity or they're diddy's then his coat will be on a shoogly peg for me too.

This is the crunch point for him I think. This next couple of weeks will make him or break him.

mcfly
23-01-2011, 06:27 PM
this is madness - whats the point in changing the manager again and paying out compensation we can ill afford when every penny is needed for new players.

if calderwood goes then so should the board...there were 50 plus applicants and if CC was the best the board cannot sack him after 15 games.

so everyone get behind the manager....he needs money and new players

so my message to the board is find the money NOW or as ive said before face relegation and financial ruin.

Newhaven
30-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Well the same old same old from good old HFC.

Another defeat and STILL not even a goal of any kind to speak of.

Colin - Your clearly out your depth and dont have a clue about team selection. Colin Nish FFS :confused:

Played 17 - Goals For 13 Against 30 - Only 8 SPL points accumulated and a cup exit to Ayr (where again we couldn't score in 180 minutes)

Thanks for Ibrox but enough is enough. This is worse than Sauzee.

Top Pans Hibby
30-01-2011, 01:57 PM
petrie& farmer - get out now

glenn6270
30-01-2011, 01:59 PM
taxi for calderwood .has not got a clue.

seanshow
30-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Im in two minds, firstly give him time to work the new arrivals into the system, and then I think we can gradually climb up the spl.
.....on the other hand I can see that one more defeat against Stmidden could easily see the end for CC with Adams taking over interim. :rolleyes:

SaudiHibby
30-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Jesus. Joke FC when the fans want to sack a manager every 8 weeks. Have a word.

SneakersO'Toole
30-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Another embarrassment. Another week we are closer to relegation.

Hamilton and St.Mirren are picking up vital points and we can't even do the basics.

He has to go. Leave it any longer and relegation will be a formality.

Phil D. Rolls
30-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Another embarrassment. Another week we are closer to relegation.

Hamilton and St.Mirren are picking up vital points and we can't even do the basics.

He has to go. Leave it any longer and relegation will be a formality.

Who would you replace him with?

Sammy7nil
30-01-2011, 02:37 PM
IMHO if the unthinkable happens - A home defeat to St Mirren and no goals scored AGAIN

He should Walk no need to consider sacking him he simply has to WALK

So one game to save his job.

Jimmy Calderwood in until the end of the season

Beefster
30-01-2011, 02:38 PM
IMHO if the unthinkable happens - A home defeat to St Mirren and no goals scored AGAIN

God give me strength.

HibsMax
30-01-2011, 02:41 PM

Just out of interest, how long would you give Jimmy (without a transfer window) or anyone else for that matter? I'm not saying he wouldn't turn things around but by all accounts the problems seem largely with the players not performing.

Sammy7nil
30-01-2011, 02:45 PM
God give me strength.

Yeah his record in the SPL was terrible :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

SneakersO'Toole
30-01-2011, 02:46 PM

I don't have an answer to that but there will be plenty of candidates out there that's for you.

Petrie has made a pigs ear of appointing managers in recent years and Calderwood can be added to that list also. We should never of hired him.

I would rather the board acted and at .east tried to save our SPL status than surrender meekly as we currently are.

Phil D. Rolls
30-01-2011, 02:48 PM
I don't have an answer to that but there will be plenty of candidates out there that's for you.

Petrie has made a pigs ear of appointting

Sounds like you've given it a lot of thought. Thanks for pointing out the bleeding obvious week in week out though.

eastmainsmsh
30-01-2011, 02:48 PM

Alex Miller :aok:

hibeenicol
30-01-2011, 02:51 PM
This thread wouldn't of even been brought back up if Galbraith and miller had taking their chances at the start.
Hopefully he brings in a decent striker that'll score the goals to keep us up and a good centre half that can take control of the defence. I was impressed with the signings today so I'd give him more time.

It';s not his fault he's been left with the dross Hughes brought to the club, as they say you can only piss with the cock you've got.

Phil D. Rolls
30-01-2011, 02:52 PM

Why do you say that?

Hiber-nation
30-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Jesus. Joke FC when the fans want to sack a manager every 8 weeks. Have a word.

Exactly. He's just brought in players who could make all the difference and they hardly know each other's names yet.

Sammy7nil
30-01-2011, 02:53 PM
This thread wouldn't of even been brought back up if Galbraith and miller had taking their chances at the start.
Hopefully he brings in a decent striker that'll score the goals to keep us up and a good centre half that can take control of the defence. I was impressed with the signings today so I'd give him more time.

It';s not his fault he's been left with the dross Hughes brought to the club, as they say you can only piss with the cock you've got.

If Yogi had got 3 wins this thread etc etc

If my aunty had Baws etc

SneakersO'Toole
30-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Sounds like you've given it a lot of thought. Thanks for pointing out the bleeding obvious week in week out though.

Read my post again please.

Its not my job to tell someone who is paid 6 figures pa who should and shouldn't be fired. Doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on it considering the hundreds ober pounds I spend on the club year after year.

What I do expect is board to get things right more then they do wrong, which isn't happening so save your patronising drivel for someone else. I've no use for it.

H18sry
30-01-2011, 02:57 PM

Its not my job to tell someone who is paid 6 figures pa who should and shouldn't be fired. Doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on it considering the hundreds ober pounds I spend on the club year after year.

What I do expect is board to get things right more then they do wrong, which isn't happening so save your patronising drivel for someone else. I've no use for it.

:troll:

Sammy7nil
30-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Exactly. He's just brought in players who could make all the difference and they hardly know each other's names yet.

Okay so we dont score Again and lose to St Mirren on Wednesday do we stick with him?

I think if that happens he should WALK from sheer embarrasment of getting Nil reaction from the players no matter how poor the squad is.

Dirkster23
30-01-2011, 02:59 PM

Petrie has made a pigs ear of appointing managers in recent years and Calderwood can be added to that list also. We should never of hired him.

I would rather the board acted and at .east tried to save our SPL status than surrender meekly as we currently are.

So what makes you think if they sack CC they'll buck the trend and appoint a manager who can keep us up?

SneakersO'Toole
30-01-2011, 03:00 PM
:troll:

Thanks for that insightful and articulate response to the thread.

Wonderful.

lucky
30-01-2011, 03:01 PM
I dont think he is up to it have said so on here. If we lose at home on wednesday then its :taxi time. I would also bring it Jimmy Calderwwod.

Hiber-nation
30-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Okay so we dont score Again and lose to St Mirren on Wednesday do we stick with him?

I think if that happens he should WALK from sheer embarrasment of getting Nil reaction from the players no matter how poor the squad is.

Yep, we stick with him. The new signings look decent. He's been left with a huge amount of sheer dross. He's trying to bring in a striker. I'm sure he'll sort it.

Phil D. Rolls
30-01-2011, 03:03 PM

Eh? :confused:

Sorry, I completely misunderstood what you meant by starting a thread entitled "FAO CC - tender your resignation NOW!" Glad you've set the record straight now.

You are coming over a bit strong, when all I did was ask you a civil question btw. You put your head above the parapet, so don't be surprised if people give you a bit of flak.

matty_f
30-01-2011, 03:03 PM
I hope we (board and fans) stick with calderwood. A lot of teams would have found the game today difficult, but it is tougher with a brands new midfield.
Cc will take us forward.

SneakersO'Toole
30-01-2011, 03:05 PM
So what makes you think if they sack CC they'll buck the trend and appoint a manager who can keep us up?

Of course there is no guarantee. But I would rather they try and been seen to be making a genuine attempt to save our season.

Calderwoods record is woeful. I see no sign of things changing. If it does and be keeps us up and has us challenging for 3rd and cups next year I'll eat humble pie but there is nothing positive to report right now. We are staring relegation in the face under his management.

Bring in a new manager and is doesn't work. Yes, its a possibility. But at least we can say we tried to rectify things.

Sammy7nil
30-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Yep, we stick with him. The new signings look decent. He's been left with a huge amount of sheer dross. He's trying to bring in a striker. I'm sure he'll sort it.

Seriously !!! What makes you think that, there is absolutely nothing positive to look forward to, no Goals in nearly 1000 mins

SneakersO'Toole
30-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Eh? :confused:

Sorry, I completely misunderstood what you meant by starting a thread entitled "FAO CC - tender your resignation NOW!" Glad you've set the record straight now.

You are coming over a bit strong, when all I did was ask you a civil question btw. You put your head above the parapet, so don't be surprised if people give you a bit of flak.

Let me be clear

As a regular paying customer do I want CC to continue as manager of Hibernian. Answer - no. Hence why I started the thread last week.

Who do I want to replace him? Thankfully that's not my decision although going by Petrie's record of recruiting managers I'd probably do a better job.

I came over strong because you tried to be a smart a**e regarding my comments so you shouldn't be surprised.

HibsMax
30-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Let me clear.

As a regular paying customer do I want CC to continue as manager of Hibernian. Answer - no. Hence why I started the thread last week.

Who do I want to replace him? Thankfully that's not my decision although going by Petrie's record of recruiting managers I'd probably do a better job.

I came over strong because you tried to be a smart a**e regarding my comments so you shouldn't be surprised.
You're right, it's not your decision but you have to at least realise that there simply might not be anyone else who wants to come and manage us AND there's no guarantee that they will do any better. You also have to appreciate that only now has CC started to work on building his own team. His new signings have played one game and yet people want him to go. What would these new signings think if the manager that hired them was sacked after they had only played one, or two, matches? Maybe we don't care what these guys think.

Everyone has a different opinion but I don't think anyone can convince me that replacing the manager every few months is the answer. Lots of people agree with me on that and even some who don't know it. One of the biggest complaints some fans have of CC is that he is chopping and changing the team. Yet those same fans want the board to chop and change the management. Oh the irony. :wink:

loanheadhibby
30-01-2011, 03:23 PM

God no! I remeber those times as too painful.

One thing I would say. Miller knew how to make a team hard to beat. I thought that would be priority no 1 for blunderwood. start with 8 defenders and start getting some nil nil draws and then build on it. I actually think blunderwood has made us easier to beat (if thats possible).

Newhaven
30-01-2011, 03:28 PM
You're right, it's not your decision but you have to at least realise that there simply might not be anyone else who wants to come and manage us AND there's no guarantee that they will do any better. You also have to appreciate that only now has CC started to work on building his own team. His new signings have played one game and yet people want him to go. What would these new signings think if the manager that hired them was sacked after they had only played one, or two, matches? Maybe we don't care what these guys think.

Everyone has a different opinion but I don't think anyone can convince me that replacing the manager every few months is the answer. Lots of people agree with me on that and even some who don't know it. One of the biggest complaints some fans have of CC is that he is chopping and changing the team. Yet those same fans want the board to chop and change the management. Oh the irony. :wink:

I love it how you keep saying that no players or managers want to come to Hibs - complete fairy tales :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
30-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Let me be clear

OK, with the greatest respect, everyone can see that things are wrong. I think it's easy to point that out, it's harder to say how things can be fixed.

My question is, how can you be certain it is Calderwood's fault when, by your own admission, you don't know that much about football managers? (I am assuming that's what you meant by saying that it is for others to decide who is fit to do the job).

Either you know what it takes to be a good manager, or you don't.

Dirkster23
30-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Of course there is no guarantee. But I would rather they try and been seen to be making a genuine attempt to save our season.

They are trying to save the season, they've brought in 4 players and the windows still open.

Calderwoods record is woeful. I see no sign of things changing. If it does and be keeps us up and has us challenging for 3rd and cups next year I'll eat humble pie but there is nothing positive to report right now. We are staring relegation in the face under his management.

Calderwoods record with Yogi's team is woeful. Nothing positive? We actually looked like we had a midfield today for the first time in ages. Palsson and Scott looked better than the players they replaced. We've two fullbacks that look comfortable on the ball and try to get up the wings.

Bring in a new manager and is doesn't work. Yes, its a possibility. But at least we can say we tried to rectify things.

And if the new manager doesn't keep us up? Sack him and move on to someone else?

JimBHibees
30-01-2011, 03:42 PM
God no! I remeber those times as too painful.

One thing I would say. Miller knew how to make a team hard to beat. I thought that would be priority no 1 for blunderwood. start with 8 defenders and start getting some nil nil draws and then build on it. I actually think blunderwood has made us easier to beat (if thats possible).

Very Yammish. Any need.

HibsMax
30-01-2011, 03:43 PM
I love it how you keep saying that no players or managers want to come to Hibs - complete fairy tales :agree:

And I love how you keep putting words in my mouth.

Here's what I said and the part that you bolded:
but you have to at least realise that there simply might not be anyone else who wants to come and manage us

Which part of the word MIGHT don't you understand?

I have never ONCE said that certain players or managers will not come to Hibs. All I have dared say is that there is the possibility that there aren't as many people clamouring to join Hibs as we would like.

This is not the first time you've tried unsuccessfully to pick my posts apart. Keep agreeing with yourself as much as you like but it doesn't make you any more right.

SneakersO'Toole
30-01-2011, 03:50 PM
OK, with the greatest respect, everyone can see that things are wrong. I think it's easy to point that out, it's harder to say how things can be fixed.

My question is, how can you be certain it is Calderwood's fault when, by your own admission, you don't know that much about football managers? (I am assuming that's what you meant by saying that it is for others to decide who is fit to do the job).
T

Ok FR, let me put it to you. Can you be certain that persisting with CC will change our fortunes. No you can't. Just like I can't be certain that a new manager will make a positive impact. This while damn thread is subjective, nobody can give guarentees.

What I do for certain know is that we are in a results driven industry anx
D the results that CC has produced have been nothing short of appalling. I therefore use these facts to come to the opinion that a change of manager is required. Some will disagree with this. Fine.

I'm not a football expert and I doubt anyone in this board is. Doesn't mean I can speak my mind.
Is CC a good manager? I don't think so. Others will wait to give their opinion. Fine.

One thing is for sure, Rod Petrie is as much a 'football man' as I'm a millionaire.

SneakersO'Toole
30-01-2011, 03:57 PM

T

Ok FR, let me put it to you. Can you be certain that persisting with CC will change our fortunes. No you can't. Just like I can't be certain that a new manager will make a positive impact. This whole damn thread is subjective, nobody can give guarentees.

What I do for certain know is that we are in a results driven industry and the results that CC has produced have been nothing short of appalling. I therefore use these facts to come to the opinion that a change of manager is required. Some will disagree with this. Fine.

I'm not a football expert and I doubt anyone in this board is. Doesn't mean I can't speak my mind. Is CC a good manager? I dont think so. Others will wait to give their opinion. Fine.

One thing is for sure, Rod Petrie is as much a 'football man' as I'm a millionaire going by his appointment of our previous managers.

HibsMax
30-01-2011, 04:00 PM
D the results that CC has produced have been nothing short of appalling. I therefore use these facts to come to the opinion that a change of manager is required. Some will disagree with this. Fine.
And if your replacement manager comes in and doesn't turn things around in 4 months then you can him as well?

What I don't understand is why many fans are so intent on replacing the manager before he's had time to build his own team. I don't buy into the philosophy that you can turn a team around JUST by replacing the manager. I don't deny that it can happen but I'm just saying it's not a guarantee.

Why can't people wait and see what Colin does with the team AFTER the transfer window has closed? If he still can't get a result with his own players in the team then it might be time to think about a replacement but I just want to give him what many don't appear capable or willing to do - time. I can't guarantee that Colin can turn the team around. I can't tell you that anyone else will do a better / worse job than him. We don't know and in my opinion we may as well stick with Colin.

Again, what sort of manager do you think will be attracted to a club that gives it's managers a handful of months before getting punted? We're a crap team right now, what manager will want to join the club knowing that he'll instantly have a noose around his neck?

Phil D. Rolls
30-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Ok FR, let me put it to you. Can you be certain that persisting with CC will change our fortunes. No you can't. Just like I can't be certain that a new manager will make a positive impact. This while damn thread is subjective, nobody can give guarentees.

I'm not a football expert and I doubt anyone in this board is. Doesn't mean I can speak my mind.
Is CC a good manager? I don't think so. Others will wait to give their opinion. Fine.

One thing is for sure, Rod Petrie is as much a 'football man' as I'm a millionaire.

My main concern is that if we change manager again, there is no more liklihood that the new guy will have any more luck. What we don't know for certain is how deep the problems were when CC took over.

At the end of the day, all the shouting in the world wouldn't have made those players any taller - I think one of our biggest problems was the fact that we were not big enough. It needed time.

So Calderwood comes into January with a tough set of fixtures, which a lot of us had already written off, and the need for five or six players on top of it. It wasn't going to change overnight.

What does concern me is that I reckon he is starting to doubt if he can turn it round. That is pure supposition, of course, based on the fact that he comes across like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

I agree about Rod, but clubs have been run by football people and ended up in much worse schtum than us. I think he got lucky with a squad of players and has gambled ever since that the same principles would work again.

All I can say is I wish we weren't in this mess. I honestly think a third manager in a year would be disaster. As I've said elsewhere, I reckon our fate is now sealed, and I can only hope that we are fated to stay up.

eastmainsmsh
30-01-2011, 04:39 PM
CC is showing nothing any diffrent for me than Yogi .... He has a good pedigree in game as a player and decent start as manager at forest however i dont think he has it in his locker to turn it around here lack of cash and its not his fault imo blame lies with petrie left a mess as players contracts running out playing with no care and trying to change things with his own players... will there be enough time to gel his team in our current plight :confused:his record has been abysml since taking over .. constant changes :confused:

No goals is bad and goals are required to win games cant see us staying up without them if we fail to sign a striker and defender we could go down